PDA

View Full Version : Boardwalk requiring items it's impossible to make in the time frame anyone else same?

Mercuriair
07-28-16, 04:04 AM
Got a boardwalk order requiring so many coffee and sugar orders it would have been impossible to make them within the time frame. The previous order I had an almost similar issue but it was close rather than completely impossible so I used a few gems (which are almost impossible to earn in this game) to complete. I requested a new boardwalk order (at cost of 5 gems) but the new order while not identical gives the same problem. Given you can't build more than one of each factory and I now only have 2 gems I tried to purchase gems which I tend to avoid as I'm on a tight budget but I was also tempted by special offer and carousel. Purchase has not gone through. Money out my bank account but no receipt of items

But... Mainly I'm asking here if others are having similar problems with the boardwalk orders?

I've been really enjoying the game but I can't keep playing if it means having to buy gems to complete the main part of the game that is the main daily task.

kooky panda
07-28-16, 09:33 AM
I have gotten a few like this. I was lucky to find some items in the exchange to buy.

Before your boardwalk is ready you can click on it to see what the items will be. I go through and start making items that I know will take a while to make so they are already in my storage or ready to collect when by boardwalk opens.

Mercuriair
07-28-16, 02:05 PM
Yes I check the preview but the previews didn't alert me (they don't show all items) plus I was filling orders too to get the music stage. BUT I had forgotten I could buy stuff. Don't know if I could have bought what was needed or indeed enough (I needed 13 coffees for crying out loud!!) but thanks for the tip.

izzyiza
07-28-16, 04:53 PM
I have the same issues. I want a little challenge with the boardwalk orders but I expect them to be doable within the timeframe. Sadly, I wasn't able to complete all orders in the past few days because I didn't have enough time to make the necessary items and no one was selling the needed parts.

athenageez
07-28-16, 07:18 PM
Yep. As I said in another thread my Boardwalk order for today required 14 hours in just t-shirts and blue jeans. And I think I've seen those items for sale in the Exchange maybe twice ever. Sure I could start stocking those items up ahead of time - except there is NO inventory room for that and then I also have to put my regular orders on hold indefinitely because everything from headphones to area rugs to dolls to massage chairs and more require 1-2 t-shirts each.

Rynetory2
07-28-16, 08:30 PM
My Boardwalk orders ask several crafts made from the same item, e.g. chairs to make the 3 types of chairs for the current.

Here are what I have been doing to prepare for my Boardwalk. Hope it helps.
1. stock up if possible
2. expand factory slots to craft more items while away from game
3. check into game at regular interval

Mercuriair
07-29-16, 04:56 AM
Agree with subsequent posters this needs looking at otherwise people get frustrated and bored. Plus as I said on another thread we should be able to get more than one factory especially of those that craft items for multiple other items like tradecraft

kenvindeptrai
07-29-16, 04:13 PM
Here is my tips for you guys to complete it easier
1. Somethings you can stuck up/prepare (st)or something you can buy .(b)
Here is something regular things in boardwalk:
Dining table:4 (st) regular appear
Custom cabinet:3(st) regular appear
Coffee:3 (st) sometimes eppear in city exchange
Sugar:3 or 4 no need to st, buy from city exchange
Ice cream:3or 4 no need to st, regular appear in city exchange
Pants:4 (st)rarely appear in city exchange
Shirt:4(not sure) no need to st ,sometimes appear in city exchange
Sneaker:2 need to prepare
Popcorn:3 need to prepare
Speaker:3 or 4( not sure) need to prepare
Robot barista:3 need to prepare
Headphone:3 need to prepare
Spongecake:2 or3 (not sure) need to prepare
Basebat:3 common in city exchange
Caramel corn:2 rarely , need to prepare
Fruit basket:5 sometimes, need to prepare
Pillow:3 or 4 sometimes, need to prepare
Toast:4 rarely
Pancake:5 rarely
Jean sundress:2 rarely
Stovelop island: 3 rarely
Im not sure some of items can change from level or not, or amount, you guys can fix it.
High-tech , casual wear and furniture factory always appear in boardwalk , so you need to stuck up it everyday to save your time. The kitchen ware(serving platter and silverware) and trade craft (wrenchs,needle, chisel)always busy to fullfill too.
2.If you deliver enough items for the present boardwalk, just keep prepare and see what items you deliver next time.
To save your time, buy from city exchange the things always appear ,things get too much time to be done.
3. Save your pantry.
4. Use loading docks 10 mins
Now I got the Eiffel tower😸.Im not english speaker sorry if my grammar and words is wrong. Have fun guys.

zyfazix
07-30-16, 12:38 AM
I will need at least 10 shirts for this boardwalk order. Crafting those + 3 jeans + 4 sneakers in the Casualwear factory exceeds the 12 hour boardwalk limit.

Edit: just to clarify, it's not a stack of 10 shirts. I need that number of shirts to craft the pillows, carpets and sneakers for the order

Mercuriair
07-30-16, 03:50 AM
Yea it's when items are needed as components for other items it's difficult. It's all very well saying stock up but when I try to do that the items I've stocked up on become needed for business orders. Requesting different orders makes little difference and as has been noted it's repeatedly the same items available to buy on the exchange.

Rynetory2
07-30-16, 04:14 AM
I kept a list for my own Boardwalk orders and wondered if I should keep a Boardwalk Orders List for Dream City just as I did for Farm Story 2 community, when I started the guides here. I held back publishing it since I wasnt sure if it was useful but now seeing members have difficulties with their orders and some have their own list, I shall publish and add it to the guides for the community to share. :o

Announcement

Hi Everyone, Just to let you know that there's a new chapter in the Main Guide - Boardwalk Orders List (http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?92773-Dream-City-Game-Guide&p=1319821&viewfull=1#post1319821) to help us to plan ahead and stock up for our Boardwalk orders. Hope it helps.

Please help to post missing quantities or if your order's quantity differ in the Feedback and Suggestions thread. Thank you. :o
http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?92896-Feedback-amp-Suggestions-on-The-Guides

deadpixel
07-30-16, 10:05 AM
If you're having problems finding enough space to store your items, just remember that if you don't pick them up, the manufactured items will just stack up outside your factories and not take up valuable inventory space. You can then pick them up as you need them.

This works best if you sequence your orders carefully, prioritizing the manufacturing of parts correctly so that you pick them up in the right sequence for assembly. This is especially important for complicated, multi-part items like the Stove Top or the Robobarista.

For example, your inventory is at 65/70 and you have an order of 5 pancakes to fulfill. The order requires 10 grains, 5 dairy and 5 griddles, which require an additional 5 s****ets and 5 serving trays to even start. The trick is to just sequence the production correctly and let them stack up outside the factory. So instead of making 5 s****ets followed by 5 serving trays, make 1 of each alternately and let them stack up. As soon as you have a required pair, pick them up and get the Appliance factory working on the first Griddle and just as with the s****ets and serving trays, let them stack up. Do the same for the grains and dairy production, making 2 grains and 1 dairy in sequence, letting them stack up outside the factory and once you are able, pick up a griddle, 2 grains and 1 dairy and make the pancake in the Breakfast factory, letting them stack up too. Once you have all 5 pancakes stacked up, pick them up; your inventory will hit 70/70 but you'd be able to deliver your order.

CocoMom101
08-02-16, 05:12 AM
Help! I need to make a Robot Barista for the next Boardwalk order but it isn't unlocked for me. Is there any way to reset the order w/o using gems? I have never seen one for sale in the Exchange. Why are they sending us orders for items we cannot possibly produce?

Edit: Never mind. Just found out I can now buy the High Tech Factory that I need for the Barista.

zyfazix
08-02-16, 10:14 AM
Meh, every time I just need one or two more items when my boardwalk timer hits zero or I have something IRL due to which I can't hand in (like today). Afterwards I don't have motivation or time to do normal business orders resulting in a lot of coins and no items for expansion. I'll be dropping the boardwalk for now in favour of regular businesses.

Sb1957
08-05-16, 05:56 AM
There's another problem. the boardwalk that is finishing now started when I was sleeping!!! And when I woke up I didn't have time to finish it. You'll have to consider that not all players live in USA.

Rynetory2
08-05-16, 07:16 AM
There's another problem. the boardwalk that is finishing now started when I was sleeping!!! And when I woke up I didn't have time to finish it. You'll have to consider that not all players live in USA.

See the tips mentioned under Boardwalk in Game Guide. This can happen to anyone and everyone, even players in USA. Close out your game when you aren't playing to avoid this.

izzyiza
08-07-16, 05:38 AM
Again another order I will not be able to complete because it's impossible to make all items during the time frame and some of the items are rarely in the market (like computers).

Btw, I checked the guides in these forums yesterday and it says that when we complete all orders we get 3 balloons, and then 6, and then 8, etc. Not for me. Most of the time, it's 3 balloons, 3 again, 3 again, and then 5 or 6... I completed all orders yesterday and received 3 balloons and this morning completing will also get me 3 balloons, but I won't be able to complete.

It would be great if the number of balloons matched the difficulty levels of the orders. For example, the order I have today should give at least 8 balloons.

PurpleScorpion76
08-07-16, 05:52 AM
Some of them definitely - I had sneakers, t-shirts, and something else that required t-shirts, I'm now paying more attention to what is needed to make some of these items before I commit to a Boardwalk Order. It took me the whole day just to do it and I gem skipped one item so that I could go to bed at a reasonable hour.

Rynetory2
08-07-16, 08:06 AM
Again another order I will not be able to complete because it's impossible to make all items during the time frame and some of the items are rarely in the market (like computers).

Btw, I checked the guides in these forums yesterday and it says that when we complete all orders we get 3 balloons, and then 6, and then 8, etc. Not for me. Most of the time, it's 3 balloons, 3 again, 3 again, and then 5 or 6... I completed all orders yesterday and received 3 balloons and this morning completing will also get me 3 balloons, but I won't be able to complete.

It would be great if the number of balloons matched the difficulty levels of the orders. For example, the order I have today should give at least 8 balloons.

Yap, I did several 3s before it increases to the 6s. It doesn't jump immediately after each shipment. I've add more details to the guide to make it clearer.

LavaMagic
08-08-16, 08:32 PM
It would be more enjoyable if they would make a storage shed for parts and keep the inventory for filling orders and the boardwalk. I always have a problem, because I have so many parts, I usually have little room for orders. I also get more than half of my boardwalk items that require the Tradecraft factory.

Sb1957
08-09-16, 06:04 AM
It would be better if some items like trousers (1 hour) and t-shirts (45 minutes) needed to construct another items requires less time to be ready to use them.

Mercy1st
08-15-16, 07:58 AM
Have never had a problem completing the boardwalk orders in the timely fashion. Mostly because I check back in then make things as the time goes through
you actually have eight hours to preview and then 12 hours to complete. You don't have to complete the boardwalk orders but if you get ahead and stock up like on sugar or the parts to some of the longer requirements such as shoes, furniture items, etc. you can make it work for you. The other thing I would say is check back several times a day and keep making sugar. Also organize and plan so that you get parts ahead of when they're needed- .i.e. Pliers, fruit, etc. yeah they think that is helpful is remembering how many of each item you need-meaning that you usually only need two shoes, two pillows, etc

Finally, work it into the rest of what you're doing with your city. However I have come to a stop except for the boardwalk orders because I found that coordinating everything with the events, gives me greater rewards, building, etc. Great game and love the fact that we have more control over decorating, moving things around then other games in the storm8 series.

fabulus12
08-16-16, 12:30 PM
I too am making items ahead so I stock up on the items that take 45 mins or an hour.

I would like to see the items needed changed so we are not always making the same items.

izzyiza
08-16-16, 02:45 PM
In the past few days, orders have been a bit easier for me to complete. However, the reward is now 2 or 3 balloons.

zenobia42
08-16-16, 09:07 PM
It is out of line with all the other first factory items and it made it physically impossible for me to complete my last boardwalk order. I had never missed one since I opened it but the last order required:
2 dolls (4 t-shirts)
3 massage chairs (6 t-shirts)
2 area rugs (4 t-shirts)
5 baseball jerseys (10 t-shirts)

Total: 24 t-shirts.
Oh, and also 4 pairs of jeans.
That is 22 factory hours in one factory alone.
If I'm SUPER-lucky, I will find 1 t-shirt or 1 pair of jeans per day no the market. Even if I found twice my luckiest day in the market, that boardwalk order was physically impossible to complete. Not only that, but I found out the hard way that even if you pre-craft t-shirts and bar stools, etc., and manage to fill EVERYTHING on that impossible boardwalk order except the 5 jerseys which require 7.5 hours-worth of t-shirts, I don't even get a consolation prize of a few balloon. ZERO balloons. And to add insult to injury, my next order will only get my 5 balloons if I finish it not 8.

I don't expect boardwalk orders to be easy. But I do think it only fair that they not be literally impossible to complete (unless you spend like 80 gems or something ridiculous like that which I will never do for an order). Even if I need like 50 tools for an order, that doesn't make it impossible because the tools take a reasonable amount of time. So please consider either making everything that requires t-shirts require 1 of them instead of 2, or preferably by drastically reducing the time required for t-shirts. Or allowing us to spend a ton of gold to buy as second of each factory. To illustrate how out-of-whack the t-shirt craft time is compared to other factories, here is a list of the factories that come before casualwear and the time cost of the first item in them:
fresh food: grains: 0.5 min
gifts: bouquet: 0.75 min
breakfast: pastry: 2 min
sunshine: sandals: 5 min
kitchenware: s****et: 2 min
appliances: griddle: 6 min (11 with the pre-crafts)
tradecraft: wrench: 5 min
casualwear: t-shirt: 40 min!

If you are going to require an item as a pre-craft for at LEAST 10 other items (probably more I haven't unlocked yet at my mastery level), most of those requireing TWO of them, please make them a reasonable craft time. Maybe 10 minutes - that is nearly twice the longest time in factories before this' first item, but not so long that it makes boardwalk orders impossible.

I have gotten a few like this. I was lucky to find some items in the exchange to buy.

Before your boardwalk is ready you can click on it to see what the items will be. I go through and start making items that I know will take a while to make so they are already in my storage or ready to collect when by boardwalk opens.

I do that too. But when your boardwalk order requires 22 factory-hours in one factory alone, and those items are extremely rare in trade even if you obsess over the trade screen, lol, it is literally IMPOSSIBLE to fill the orders. Even if I set my alarm to wake up frequently through the night just to add more t-shirts to the queue, I would still not have enough factory time to complete orders like my last one.

Like others I am seeing the biggest problem is that t-shirts take absurdly long to make, and are a pre-craft for at least 10 other items, usually 2 of them (or if only one, a pair of jeans required).

IMO if they would just make the t-shirt craft time more in line with tools or kitchenware, it would make boardwalk order no longer literally impossible for us. Maybe not 5 minutes but 10 or 15 would make the game much more playable. Even requesting a new orderfrom my usinesses over and over and over and over until I get one with no t-shirts required so I can dedicate that factory 100% to boardwalk orders doesn't help, and makes the game more frustrating.

Rynetory2
08-17-16, 04:22 AM
Updates:

Hi Everyone, Your feedback was passed to the team along with mine a little while back. Thanks to the marvellous help of SparklyOctopus, the team considered our feedback and has agreed to make some changes to our Boardwalk orders to make them more doable. So we should be seeing more doable orders. :D

Thank you Storm8 for listening to us!

Additional info: The difficulty of our orders increase according to the number of balloons to be rewarded. Eg. 3 balloons orders are easier than 8 balloons orders.

zenobia42
08-17-16, 07:02 AM
Updates:

Hi Everyone, Your feedback was passed to the team along with mine a little while back. Thanks to the marvellous help of SparklyOctopus, the team considered our feedback and has agreed to make some changes to our Boardwalk orders to make them more doable. So we should be seeing more doable orders. :D

Additional info: The difficulty of our orders increase according to the number of balloons to be rewarded. Eg. 3 balloons orders are easier than 8 balloons orders.

That is great news! Thanks, SparklyOctopus and the City Dream team! I can't wait for doable boardwalk orders. Should make the game much more fun rather than frustrating.

kooky panda
08-17-16, 07:43 AM
Yeah team!!!! :)

coolina123
08-18-16, 03:57 AM
My latest boardwalk delivery requires (among other things) 12 t-shirts, 6 shoes and 4 pants to make other stuff.. As this use 45 minuts and 1 hour, it becomes a bottleneck issue.. It takes so much time to make them, and after that, It takes time to transform it to another item.. Please reduce the time it takes to make these items so we have a chanse to finish the order in time...

Rynetory2
08-18-16, 05:06 AM
My latest boardwalk delivery requires (among other things) 12 t-shirts, 6 shoes and 4 pants to make other stuff.. As this use 45 minuts and 1 hour, it becomes a bottleneck issue.. It takes so much time to make them, and after that, It takes time to transform it to another item.. Please reduce the time it takes to make these items so we have a chanse to finish the order in time...

I had several consecutive such orders requiring double your amount of T-shirts. See Post #26 on changes to Boardwalk, we should be seeing more doable orders. Not sure if yours was before or after. Can you see if your upcoming orders are more doable and post screen shots if they aren't?

coolina123
08-18-16, 10:05 AM
I had several consecutive such orders requiring double your amount of T-shirts. See Post #26 on changes to Boardwalk, we should be seeing more doable orders. Not sure if yours was before or after. Can you see if your upcoming orders are more doable and post screen shots if they aren't?

Thank you. I will check when a new order comes up.. I was lucky and found some t-shirts I could buy, but as you know, those chairs are 2 hours each, so this is really cutting it short...

MaribouMay
08-18-16, 10:54 AM
I am finding the Boardwalk feature to be pretty annoying. This game is supposed to be fun and challenging, not stressful. I won't be doing the Boardwalk for a while. We'll see if the tasks get more reasonable. I gave up on an impossible one last night that required about a day of non-stop crafting ing the Casual Wear factory. The next one has 5 of the 9 items requiring the Casual Wear factory. Not a good sign that it will be more reasonable.

I have Neuschwanstein and Haggia Sophia with another 255 tickets unused with nowhere to place more landmarks anyway. My level is limited by business mastery stars; I am way ahead in population. Really don't see the need for the Boardwalk feature at this time.

Rynetory2
08-18-16, 05:51 PM
Thank you. I will check when a new order comes up.. I was lucky and found some t-shirts I could buy, but as you know, those chairs are 2 hours each, so this is really cutting it short...

I feel your pain, I had some really tough ones consecutively. Keep an eye on yours and let us know. Btw for future reference, if it's ok, can you help to give screenshot before submitting the orders so we can see the quantities required? Thanks for helping. Hope your upcoming ones get better.

fabulus12
08-18-16, 08:19 PM
My latest boardwalk requires what looks like a little robot, none of my factories makes this. Can anybody please point me in the right direction?

zenobia42
08-18-16, 08:28 PM
My latest boardwalk requires what looks like a little robot, none of my factories makes this. Can anybody please point me in the right direction?

The third technology factory makes them (Gadgets Factory). The ingredients are 2 dolls, 1 vacuumbot, 2 smart phones.
And of course 2 dolls have 4 t-shirts in them. T-shirts are the bane of this game for me.

SpiritWind00
08-18-16, 08:31 PM
zenobia are you sure? My robot (holding a cup of coffee) needs 1 vacuumbot, 2 purple coffee, 1 wrench.

@fabulus12 -- You make it at the high-tech factory which is blue. Perhaps you haven't bought this factory, but if you are eligle to purchase it, then you could get a request for it.

edit: zenobia, are there 2 robot looking items?? (might have to read through the game guides again :))

zenobia42
08-18-16, 08:36 PM
zenobia are you sure? My robot (holding a cup of coffee) needs 1 vacuumbot, 2 purple coffee, 1 wrench.

@fabulus12 -- You make it at the high-tech factory which is blue. Perhaps you haven't bought this factory, but if you are eligle to purchase it, then you could get a request for it.

edit: zenobia, are there 2 robot looking items?? (might have to read through the game guides again :))

Yes there are 2 of them, sorry I was thinking of the later one. Robobarrista is the earlier one in the High-tech Factory. The later one has legs instead of treads and no coffee.

SpiritWind00
08-18-16, 08:38 PM
:) well, now we've both confused you - lol! There are 2 robots! Here's the link to the guide so you can work out which one you need.
http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?92829-Dream-City-Buildings-and-Crafts-Guide&p=1320628&viewfull=1#post1320628

thanks zenobia! :)

coolina123
08-18-16, 11:46 PM

I dont think this is a more doable Boardwalk delivery... 18 t-shirts in 12 hours + production time of turning them into another item..

MaribouMay
08-18-16, 11:51 PM
I got this order today:

3 Pillows: 3 T-shirts
2 Dolls: 4 T-shirts
3 Sneakers: 3 T-shirts
4 Headphones: 4 T-shirts
2 Theater Seats: 4 T-shirts
total: 18 T-shirts

My Casualwear Factory needs 18 x 45 minutes = 13.5 hours for T-shirts + 3 hours for the Sneakers = 16.5 hours of non-stop production not including the time to convert the T-shirts into the required products. Assuming I start preparing immediately after I complete an order and I don't need to sleep or live during the 8 hour "break" and the 12 hours provided to complete the order, it is possible though it doesn't feel very "doable" to me.

After my order last night that I couldn't complete (I think it required almost 20 T-shirts), I am busted down to 5 balloons. It really isn't worth the effort for landmarks I don't have space to place.

Rynetory2
08-19-16, 08:08 AM
@coolina123 and MaribouMay

Appreciate your feedback. I have passed them to the team. Just to check, do you remember how many balloons were these orders for? 8 balloons?

cquinn32
08-19-16, 08:10 AM
I agree! I feel the boardwalk orders are to time consuming. I don't know if they have supposedly made them easier yet but it doesn't seem that way to me. When I was at a lower level I was able to complete 2 sets of orders in one day but now at a higher level I can barely get one set done and the only business orders I can complete while doing Boardwalk orders are the dining orders. The orders are also pretty much the same every time making it very boring to do the same thing everyday and even if you know what's to come it still takes all day of constant attention to complete it. I know these are supposed to be difficult but I think there could be more variety in the requests and not just require 20 t-shirts every time.

The worst thing is filling over half the orders (because we don't have inventory space to hold on to it all) only to realize that you won't be able to complete it in time. This is such a loss of time and effort by losing all the items you could have just gave to businesses, you lose out on the tickets for that day and get bumped down to a lower tier of balloons and the orders for 5 balloons don't seem any less time consuming than the orders for 8 balloons.

And now with this event going on are we supposed to be able to juggle all these task at once or is it by design we have pick and choose what we should do?

MaribouMay
08-19-16, 02:29 PM

Appreciate your feedback. I have passed them to the team. Just to check, do you remember how many balloons were these orders for? 8 balloons?

5 balloons for me as the order just before that one was impossible without spending gems.

The order I just got, also 5 balloons, is comparable to the last one (detailed in post 40 (http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?93162-Boardwalk-requiring-items-it-s-impossible-to-make-in-the-time-frame-anyone-else-same&p=1334031&viewfull=1#post1334031)):
3 Pillows: 3 T-shirts
3 Sneakers: 3 T-shirts
2 Theater Seats: 4 T-shirts
3 Lounge Chairs: 6 T-shirts
1 Pant
total: 16 T-shirts + 1 Pant

Casualwear Factory time: 16 T-shirts = 12 hours + 3 hours (Sneakers) + 1 hour (Pant) = 16 hours.

The last one, also for 5 balloons, was 16.5 hours of non-stop Casualwear production. See post 40 of this thread (http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?93162-Boardwalk-requiring-items-it-s-impossible-to-make-in-the-time-frame-anyone-else-same&p=1334031&viewfull=1#post1334031) for details.

It would be better if there weren't 5 different items in EVERY Boardwalk order requiring the Casualwear factory. I can't remember the last time i needed steaks for a Boardwalk, or a even a delivery for that matter. I have 3-4 sitting in inventory taking up space because I was trying to get ahead.

My suggestions for the game designers:
* Limit the hours required in any one factory.
* Limit the number of different items required from any one factory to 3-4 max.
* More evenly distribute factory time requirements.
* Use all factories on a more regular basis. I haven't needed the Protein in ages. I barely need Gifts, Dessert, Fresh Food, or Ballpark.
* Don't make every order heavy on one factory (i.e. Casualwear). Give us a chance to stockpile once in a while.

Challenge is good, impossible will turn off even your most active players like myself (play multiple times a day on multiple S8 games). BTW, I do spend real money in DS and FFS. I don't in this game because the offer is the same offer every time for coins, crates, tape, and bubble wrap. Mix it up please and I might actually buy something. Hurry! only 139 hours before we'll offer you the same offer we always have and you don't want anyway. Plus it doesn't match the graphic on the icon.

I have given up on Boardwalk for now. I am enjoying working at MY pace on deliveries, the Bigger is Better event, and the City Brook Bridge. I am not missing the Boardwalk aspect of this game.

coolina123
08-19-16, 03:29 PM

Its 8 yes.. And it was only 10 tickets all together in the balloons.. A bit disapointing regards to how hard it was... Anyway, its over and the next one looks easyer on the prewiew..

cquinn32
08-22-16, 09:57 AM
These are definitely not getting easier!!

At first glance I thought this wasn't so bad but I was wrong!!
I should have taken a picture before I submitted the dresses but I needed 2 of them.

This order requires the casual wear factory to produce:
18 t-shirts = 13.5 hrs
5 pairs of sneakers = 5 hrs
2 jeans = 2 hrs

A total of 20.5 hrs!!

monstertop
08-22-16, 11:10 AM
I definitely had to spend gems because I was so close to finishing before the time ran out to complete my boardwalk orders because of too many t-shirts I had to make.

Rynetory2
08-23-16, 12:01 AM
My 8 balloons boardwalk orders used to frequently ask for items of crafting hours (from casualwear factory alone) more than 20 hours, exceeded the total shipment, before the change. They were pretty much impossible to do if I couldnt buy from Exchange or stock up in advance. But no matter how hard or much I tried to stock up, my well stocked inventory depleted after a few consecutive shipments asking for T-shirt crafts.

Since the change, I dont see my shipments exceeding the 20 crafting hours. I'm still working at 8 balloons orders so they are challenging but at least now, I can craft them within the time limit without worrying that I couldnt buy and miss out a shipment. They are challenging as expected since the rewards of an 8 balloon shipment is equivalent to 2 of 5 balloons shipments or 3 of 3 balloons shipments. I upgraded my casualwear factory to help to craft more quantities when I'm away from the game and that helped a lot.

cquinn32
08-23-16, 05:14 AM
What change?
My boardwalk order from yesterday asked for 20+ hrs of production from the casual wear factory.

The only change there is for me is that I'm not even going to look at the boardwalk anymore!!

Rynetory2
08-23-16, 06:34 AM
What change?
My boardwalk order from yesterday asked for 20+ hrs of production from the casual wear factory.

The only change there is for me is that I'm not even going to look at the boardwalk anymore!!

I've passed along your order to feedback to them.

Edit to add: are you using the latest game version? What's your version?

cquinn32
08-23-16, 07:39 AM
I've passed along your order to feedback to them.

Edit to add: are you using the latest game version? What's your version?

qprpaul
08-26-16, 03:59 AM
Have really enjoyed the game, particularly the difficulty in keeping the 8 balloon run going, but losing patience now.
Today's boardwalk order needed 17 T'shirts, 4 Jeans and 4 pairs of sneakers - over the 20hr theoretical maximum possible.
We shouldn't have to either pre-empt what we may need even ahead of the preview or what I have had to start doing - close the game ahead of the boardwalk order appearing to buy additional hours - that's not making it challenging, it's making it silly.

cquinn32
08-26-16, 05:13 AM
Have really enjoyed the game, particularly the difficulty in keeping the 8 balloon run going, but losing patience now.
Today's boardwalk order needed 17 T'shirts, 4 Jeans and 4 pairs of sneakers - over the 20hr theoretical maximum possible.
We shouldn't have to either pre-empt what we may need even ahead of the preview or what I have had to start doing - close the game ahead of the boardwalk order appearing to buy additional hours - that's not making it challenging, it's making it silly.

I lost my patience with the boardwalk also and I must say in the last three days I haven't even looked at the boardwalk and it has been quite a relief. Trying to complete the active quest which is definitely not possible while trying to do the boardwalk also.

monstertop
08-28-16, 11:35 PM
I haven't done boardwalk orders because of the event and I agree, it's relieving. It's sad to see my 8 balloons go back down to the minimum. I'll have to work my way back up next week since I'm so close to the Eiffel Tower.

zenobia42
08-31-16, 08:51 AM
My boardwalk orders have gotten a little better in terms of Casualwear hours, but now the problem is Tradecraft. Today's order requires 15 hours of Tradecraft time, and since they are all 5-30 minute items, means I have to be online CONSTANTLY. I am not going to make it unless there is a miracle and the exchange has a bunch of tools go up for sale.

5 thread - 0:40
6 chisels - 1:00
16 wrenches - 1:20
3 pens - 1:30
12 aprons - 4:00 !!!
19 pliers - 6:20 !!!!!!!!!!!!

Making boardwalk orders impossible sucks a lot of the fun out of the game. IMO they should not be super-easy. They should be a challenge. But not impossible, especially since missing one costs you so many balloons: -8 for that day, -3 for the next, and the early 8-balloon orders seem to give 8-10 tickets whereas after a few it becomes more like 12-20. So missing just one order, due to it being physically impossible, mean losing about 40 balloons over the next week.

ETA: To add insult to injury, the above times are assuming I make ZERO HI orders all day, during an incredibly restrictive event that HI are the ONLY kinds of orders that earn blue houses. It also means, as usual, no ability to fulfill any electronics or service orders at all... maybe 1-2 service ones if I skip for hours until I get one with no tools.

Rynetory2
08-31-16, 10:11 PM
My 8 balloons ships usually reward me with 10 tickets, within the range of 8 to 12 tickets. FYI the rewards of 8 balloons shipment are random; they do not increase from 8-10 tickets to 12-20 tickets after a few successful shipments. It's by sheer chance that I got 18 tickets once after many shipments, I lost count of how many.

To add: it's not easy to do Boardwalk orders and event unless one can play for long hours.

qprpaul
09-01-16, 03:14 AM
Latest Boardwalk order - 21.5hrs of Causalwear factory production.

Are we able to get feedback as to how this is "the team considered our feedback and has agreed to make some changes to our Boardwalk orders to make them more doable. So we should be seeing more doable orders." ??

Is it really the programmers intention that we periodically have to shutdown the game in order to succeed ?

Thanks.

Rynetory2
09-01-16, 03:24 AM
Sorry qprpaul, I'm sad to see that your Boardwalk requires 21.5hrs. :( I'll pass your feedback to the team. Let's hope they'll make it doable or at least craftable within 20 hours. I hope you have stock up enough T-shirts.

zenobia42
09-01-16, 08:42 AM
I spoke too soon when I said the Casualwear aspect had gotten better. Today's shipment required a laughably ludicrous 20.5 Casualwear hours. As you can see by the screenshot, I saw that it would require a lot of t-shirts and made t-shirts & sneakers exclusively from the moment I saw the preview, crafted some thread and pliers and started some Tradecraft/Casualwear dedicate items like desktop computers, cake, dolls, rugs and sneakers, and stayed up to be able to finish the last few minutes on a t-shirt to be able to craft another 4 overnight... But it is still totally and completely impossible to fill, mostly thanks to the *4* cleats in addition to the 3 sneakers. Those 7 items alone require 12.25 Casualwear hours.

VERY disappointing that they said they fixed this and qprpaul and I and presumably many others still get 100% impossible orders. I don't know what their supposed fix was, but if they just made t-shirts take a reasonable amount of time, like 10 minutes, it would be doable.

On another Boardwalk impossibility note, as I said a couple posts up, they are also heavy on the Tradecraft items. Because of that, it takes me like a week to finish any single electronics business mastery due to Boardwalk usurping all my tradecraft time. Yet again, this order has 4 desktop computers which require 16 20-minute pliers, which also means 5.33 hours of doing nothing at all for the event because it's very rare to get an HI order with no tradecraft pre-craft. Thank goodness I didn't need 12 aprons on top of that this time, but it still means no electronics, and almost no service orders, and almost no HI orders can be filled when working on a Boardwalk order. I TOTALLY get that Boardwalk orders should not be an easy couple hours only to complete. But I do not agree with the game consistently making it so that you have to choose: either fill business/bridge orders OR Boardwalk orders. For the game to be fun, I think everyone who has posted in this thread would agree that we should be able to fill Boardwalk orders AND progress in all other aspects of the game concurrently. I don't understand why we have to halt ALL progress (other than filling a few food orders) because the 2 factories that produce most of the pre-crafts must ONLY fill Boardwalk orders to have a chance to complete them. It is stressful not fun.

cquinn32
09-01-16, 08:58 AM
Yes I would really like to know what was supposedly changed to make these orders more doable?

monstertop
09-02-16, 10:47 AM
Where did they say that they fixed this? We didn't get any updates, so we're just presuming that it's fixed?

cquinn32
09-02-16, 12:43 PM
Where did they say that they fixed this? We didn't get any updates, so we're just presuming that it's fixed?

This was posted on 08-17

"Hi Everyone, Your feedback was passed to the team along with mine a little while back. Thanks to the marvellous help of SparklyOctopus, the team considered our feedback and has agreed to make some changes to our Boardwalk orders to make them more doable. So we should be seeing more doable orders.

Additional info: The difficulty of our orders increase according to the number of balloons to be rewarded. Eg. 3 balloons orders are easier than 8 balloons orders."

monstertop
09-02-16, 03:16 PM
I saw that but we didn't get an app update to rebalance the game. So I wasn't sure if the change was made or not.

92T9ASM
09-03-16, 06:36 AM
Three times countiounously get 2 empty ballons among 3 ballons.What a hard game! Or i am not fortunate.

By the way, if there is the quantity of items reuquired showing before the plan is ready, the game would be better to carry out.

Rynetory2
09-03-16, 06:58 AM
Three times countiounously get 2 empty ballons among 3 ballons.What a hard game! Or i am not fortunate.

By the way, if there is the quantity of items reuquired showing before the plan is ready, the game would be better to carry out.

That will definitely be great if preview shows the required quanity but it doesnt. You can try to use the Boardwalk Orders List (http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?92773-Dream-City-Game-Guide&p=1319821&viewfull=1#post1319821) to help.

92T9ASM
09-04-16, 07:33 AM
Thanks

Mercuriair
09-04-16, 05:20 PM
As the op I'm glad to see s8 took note and changed things. I've noticed it's SLIGHTLY easier to do but fewer tickets as reward. I'm not particularly keen on the landmarks as they can take up a lot of space and don't always look nice. Also as another poster noted it's fairly easy to increase population harder to get mastery stars for level ups.

Soundfreak
09-05-16, 05:26 AM
This is impossible. 23 shirts needed. Over 20 hours in the casual wear factory.
Can someone please tell me how I'm supposed to do this in 12 hours?

qprpaul
09-05-16, 06:33 AM
This is impossible. 23 shirts needed. Over 20 hours in the casual wear factory.
Can someone please tell me how I'm supposed to do this in 12 hours?

Commiserations Soundfreak - that's a horrid order list.

You can't deliver it once the clock has started. All you can do (next time) is delay the start of the 12 hours by shutting the game down. If you're happy to do this - then using the preview, you can guess the numbers of items, realise you need so many t-shirts and then start making them before you shut the game down. If you have enough slots in your casual wear factory - you can artificially give yourself over 24hrs not 12 hours to do an order.

I've just managed to complete the solar challenge and keep my 8 balloon order going, but only by doing the above and shutting and opening the game at strategic times. As I already posted - I believe this to be stupid and nothing to do with tactical game play.

What's more I learnt over the weekend, there is no link whatsoever between difficulty of orders and tickets awarded.

I delivered a very difficult boardwalk ordered and was miffed to get 10 tickets. I lost internet signal a few seconds later and when it recovered, it was showing the order undelivered - I delievered again and got 15 tickets !

my607
09-05-16, 08:24 AM
Which level does the impossible Boardwalk orders start at? I'm just curious.

Soundfreak
09-05-16, 09:43 AM
Commiserations Soundfreak - that's a horrid order list.

You can't deliver it once the clock has started. All you can do (next time) is delay the start of the 12 hours by shutting the game down. If you're happy to do this - then using the preview, you can guess the numbers of items, realise you need so many t-shirts and then start making them before you shut the game down. If you have enough slots in your casual wear factory - you can artificially give yourself over 24hrs not 12 hours to do an order.

I've just managed to complete the solar challenge and keep my 8 balloon order going, but only by doing the above and shutting and opening the game at strategic times. As I already posted - I believe this to be stupid and nothing to do with tactical game play.

What's more I learnt over the weekend, there is no link whatsoever between difficulty of orders and tickets awarded.

I delivered a very difficult boardwalk ordered and was miffed to get 10 tickets. I lost internet signal a few seconds later and when it recovered, it was showing the order undelivered - I delievered again and got 15 tickets !

I have 4 slots. As soon as the preview started, I put in 4 shirts and shut the game down. The preview time keeps going while shutdown. I'm not going to wake up in the middle of the night to put in more shirt orders in. This game is ridiculous.

I'm on level 26.

qprpaul
09-05-16, 10:40 AM
The preview time continues but the timer won't start. If you leave the game shut until the morning, the 12 hours start when you open the game however long it's been shut.

Not defending the game, I think it's crazy you should have to do this - but you do then can get into a 24hr cycle of Boardwalk orders (as long as wait until the timer is almost run out before delivering)

Soundfreak
09-05-16, 11:17 AM
The preview time continues but the timer won't start. If you leave the game shut until the morning, the 12 hours start when you open the game however long it's been shut.

Not defending the game, I think it's crazy you should have to do this - but you do then can get into a 24hr cycle of Boardwalk orders (as long as wait until the timer is almost run out before delivering)

Yes I've been doing this. But the preview time plus the 12 hours order time is 20 hours to make things. And that's if I stay up all night making shirts. I needed 21 plus hours in the casual wear factory so it's still not enough time.

Anyway, thanks for your help. And I recognize you aren't defending the game.

coolina123
09-06-16, 01:51 AM
Are...you...kidding...me???33354

zenobia42
09-13-16, 04:46 PM

I have had these items many times in the last couple weeks, and have kept track of my orders in a spreadsheet to be able to have a chance of finishing them... and the count of each has not changed... so I know ahead of time what the count of each will be. Unless they changed the amounts last night with no warning, after being consistent/unchanging for about 2 weeks, the order will be for:
3 massage chairs (6 t-shirts)
4 cleats (4 t-shirts AND 4 sneakers)
3 sneakers (3 t-shirts AND 3 sneakers)
2 denim dresses (2 t-shirts AND 2 jeans)
3 pillows (3 t-shirts)

Total Casualwear factory hours: 22.5 = absolutely, positively physically impossible to accomplish even if I woke several times during the night to queue more in the Casualwear factory. REALLY impossible. I though they had "fixed" this. Clearly not. I was 1-2 orders from finally getting the Taj Mahal too, which I really need since I cannot expand any more. This will set me back many days due to the balloon count dropping when I fail to make this impossible order.

The orders for me are typically 15-18 Casualwear hours and though that is really tight, even after adding many slots to the Casualwear factory to produce more overnight (their intent, I'm sure, since that costs gems/money), and I must skip EVERY business order with Casualwear in it or a pre-craft for weeks at a time to do it, I actually can do the 15-18 Casualwear factory hours ones. But 22.5? Are they serious? After having spent money to be able to do the 18-hour ones, I am frankly offended at this.

ETA: If the intent of these impossible boardwalk orders is to strong-arm us into spending more and more money to continue to achieve the same success in the game, it is failing. Futility makes me want to find a less frustrating game instead. I have barely even looked at the game since I saw and calculated this. Very disappointing.

idonwanna
09-13-16, 08:50 PM
I enjoy the daily Boardwalk orders, but become very frustrated when it is impossible to fill all the orders in the 12 hour time limit.
For example: t-shirts
My orders today included:
2 Robo-Pals (8 t-shirts)
2 dolls (4 t-shirts)
3 pairs of sneakers (3 t-shirts)
3 pillows (3 t-shirts)
3 theatre seats (6 t-shirts)

That's 24 t-shirts. At 45 minutes a piece, that's 18 hours. Even with having 6 on hand before the timer started, there was no way to make enough.

It would be nice if it was at least possible to make all the needed supplies within the 12 hours given.

Wonkaland99
09-14-16, 12:24 AM
I feel everyone's pain, but it's understandable that the game gets more difficult as we level up.
I started off aiming for (and mostly achieving) 2 boardwalk orders a day, then it was 3 every 2 days.
It is now one a day (except when the event was on when it was 0)

1 a day is becoming more difficult, but if it means I have to stock up on t-shirts, accept I can only do a boardwalk order on alternate days, and get fewer balloons and take longer to buy the landmarks, well, that's life.

Thee game has only been going a few months and has given me hours of enjoyment already, so I won't mind progressing more slowly if that's the way it is.

zenobia42
09-17-16, 07:51 AM
Since the further we go in the game, the more we NEED landmarks, since they are super-stingy about about opening up more land to expand to, it really would only make sense that, even though Boardwalk orders get difficult, IMO they should not get impossible to do once a day. If we were allowed to keep expanding rather than be blocked from doing so for months at a time, it would be different.

I guess it just seems unfair to me to say, "you are forced to stop expanding out, so expand up instead for a few months until we open anther island"... and then make expanding up impossible every other order, topped off with penalizing us with zero balloons for missing one then -3 balloons the next.

cmarii
09-19-16, 02:59 PM
I check the preview and start making items the problem is that more than 75 percent of the items come off of the Tradecraft factory to create the final product and when you have to create more than ten stoves need nine aprons ten reels of thread pliers along with divers items from other factories 17 T-shirts 2 pants and other items it's impossible and discouraging I play for recreation but I am starting to get frustrated and will quit the game if no improvement is made. I saw a post indicating that the items to unlock the plots would appear more frequently but there is no increase in the frequency of delivery.

cmarii
09-19-16, 03:06 PM
I agree with you it's too frustrating my baloons dropped from 8 to 3 when frustration caused me to stop playing for a few weeks I came back and no change I will give it a few more weeks and if there's no change I will uninstall the app

Mika012
09-25-16, 02:39 PM
Is it just me or have the boardwalk items been easier as of late.. for a few consecutive orders, I have been able to complete within the 8hr preview even before timer starts. I am also more or less stress free the past couple of days 😝

CindysTNFarm
09-25-16, 10:30 PM
Is it just me or have the boardwalk items been easier as of late.. for a few consecutive orders, I have been able to complete within the 8hr preview even before timer starts. I am also more or less stress free the past couple of days 

Not for me. All of mine have been very challenging and have required that I spend gems just to expedite production of t-shirts and other such items. I have to start working on my Boardwalk the second my preview is available and check constantly to keep my factories going (I've expanded most of my factories to at least 5-6+ slots). Right now they're driving me crazy with the Hot Dogs and Robo-Pals orders. It takes a lot of time to make everything for the hot dogs. I have to create an average of 10 stoves to make most of my items (hot dogs, cheese, balls, etc.), 12+ shirts (to make rugs and dolls), and a ton of other stuff. It's really impossible without spending my gems and still being on the app constantly, literally staying awake most of the night (talk about an addiction, right?). I try to create and save up what I can also, while still filling my other building orders. <sigh>

So much work, so little time. I didn't expect it to be easy as I leveled up, but I do expect it to be reasonably achievable.

monstertop
09-26-16, 09:18 AM
Not for me either. I've stopped doing them completely as it's never rewarding enough. It's frustrating getting empty balloons after pouring hours of game time into it.

cquinn32
09-26-16, 10:13 AM
I've noticed they are easier for me also.

During the bigger is better event I didn't do them at all and it bottomed out at 2 balloons. Ive built it back up and been doing 8 balloon orders for over a week now and they are much easier than before. I hope it gets easier for everyone else!!

Mika012
09-26-16, 12:11 PM
I've noticed they are easier for me also.

During the bigger is better event I didn't do them at all and it bottomed out at 2 balloons. Ive built it back up and been doing 8 balloon orders for over a week now and they are much easier than before. I hope it gets easier for everyone else!!

I seriously hope it gets easier for everyone else and I REALLY hope it's not some glitch for me. Lol!
i woke up this morning and I was able to deliver 8 orders and only 2/3 massage chairs needed to complete and I had the parts ready to go.

My hair has turned white and many hours of lost sleep... ahhhhhh this must be my reward.

fabulus12
09-26-16, 08:25 PM
I need 4 cleats, 3 shoes, and 4 jeans which is 11 hours, it doesn't include all the t-shirts I need to make these. Plus the 4 headphones that also need t-shirts. This is not possible to do in 12 hours.This needs 11 shirts.
There are so many items that need t-shirts, I cannot build stock.

I was at 8 balloons, missed one and went back to 5, with the impossible tasks I will not get back to 8.

zenobia42
09-28-16, 01:15 PM
I have been able to keep up with the boardwalk by being very regimented:

1) If I finish the order early, I wait until 6 hours before bedtime to fill the final order. I have a daily alarm in my phone for that. That gives me those 6 hours + overnight (with extra Casualwear and tradecraft slots) + 12 hours once the order timer starts.
2) I ONLY fulfill regular business orders that require t-shirts if I have more than the number of t-shirts needed for the current or next order. It is also very important to not accidentally fill t-shirt orders from Shopping Businesses. The game knows how many t-shirts you have on-hand. They will give you orders for 5 t-shirts if you have them stockpiled. Accidentally filling that order will really mess you up.
3) I stalk the exchange and ALWAYS buy anything that is Casualwear or has a Casualwear pre-craft. Same with Tradecraft. I usually find t-shirts or jean sundresses there once every day or two. Thanks to the exchange even the order I had with 20.5 Casualwear factory-hours I was able to complete, with only a very few gems spent speeding t-shirts.
4) During the between-orders time, I add up how many Casualwear and Tradecraft hours I need to be able to fill the next order. I keep a spreadsheet to do this, with the quantities for each order since that does not change. It is usually around 15 Casualwear hours. Tradecraft hours vary a lot - from 4.5 to 15 hours (the latter usually when there are desktop computer and hot dogs and everything else needs a little Tradecraft). I do not fulfill ANY regular business orders that use those 2 factories until I am sure I can finish the Boardwalk order in time. NONE.
5) I have 6 Casualwear and 5 Tradecraft slots. That costs gems obviously, but is necessary. And more importantly the gems spent on extra slots benefit you forever, unlike those spent on speeding to finish in time. It allows me to make 6 t-shirts overnight (or sneakers if I have skates or cleats in the order - those take 1 hour instead of 45 minutes so night is the best time to do them).
6) Before and during the 12-hour order timeframe, I start with items that take the longest start-to-finish, and work my way to shorter items. So as soon as I see there are desktop computers in the next order, I start pumping out pliers immediately. The worst is massage chairs. Even if you maximize how many items are crafted concurrently, they take over 3 and a half hours each. And it always needs THREE of them. And there are often ALSO theater seats in the order when there are massage chairs. So it is imperative that I get 2 massage chairs started crafting overnight. Robo-pals are the second-worst so I make sure to at the very least have 2 dolls and 2 smartphones done the night before. For skates, the sneakers and bouncy balls craft overnight, especially if there are other Toys factory orders like cards and dolls. Custom cabinets and pillows can wait until near the end.

Blazin_Betty
10-03-16, 01:12 AM
I hoard items, I make boardwalk items ahead of time, but it's not always possible to finish. It's the t-shirts that's the problem. Everything requires t-shirts and they take 45 min a pop to make. My boardwalk orders always consist of at least three sets of items requiring t-shirts. Right now the order requires one doll, two robo-pals, three pillows, two dresses, and two tiles. That's 19 t-shirts required. 

My suggestion to Storm 8 is that they reduce t-shirt making time to 15 minutes. That would be fantastic.

Not tiles, area rugs. They look like tiles. Lol

Sawabugh
10-06-16, 02:12 PM
I'm having the same issues with needing tons of T-Shirts, looking forward to seeing any changes they implement. I really wish they'd let us have a second tshirt factory!

I'm also getting a bit frustrated with the City Exchange. Seems like all I ever see for sale there is chauffeur caps, what's up with that?

I was going to upload a photo but it didn't work. One person was actually selling 66 caps at once, sheesh! And every slot is usually filled with just caps, it's been like that for ages.

It would be nice to see more of a variety to at least have hope for some helpful items.