PDA

View Full Version : PURRFECT Quest - July 28, 2016

Pages : 1 [2]

SallyCat60
08-04-16, 10:30 PM
I'm going to cry.. *grabs a chicken and wipes tears on it* (don't cluck at me, missy that's what you get for being so naughty) they do look pretty but if we cut them after the event is over, they'll just be empty plots?

SallyCat60
08-04-16, 11:01 PM
The corgis and I have been crunching the numbers. (They are quite helpful and smart. They are also hoping for chicken dinners.)

I show four days left. The tree is stage 4. I am on A Fishy Lure (4/5). I have 12 fish plushies made but still need to create 12 baits (had the few to start from completing the previous quest). I'm getting 1, maybe 2 feathers when I collect from the 8 chickens. This has been going on for several days. I cannot collect every 30 minutes even throughout the day (forget all night) because I have a job. I also have only 2 gold nuggets at the moment.

I have a whole ONE ruby at the moment. I know I will get some if I finish the goals from this level, but even if I do, the chances of getting the next level finished in time are about the same as my chickens coming out of this event anywhere but on a dinner plate (the dogs eat in style).

Thanks, guys for all my wasted time.

The sheep are getting nervous again and have told me that I might as well give up now. With only four days left, I'm getting no, I repeat, NO mining tools whatsoever, (not from deliveries, not from the mole, not from anywhere) so the 11 pieces of gold I need for bait are not going to come easy because I've tried sawing the mine walls with all the saws I'm getting but it's just giving me blisters on my hands. Then there's the kitty plushies, and these are what the sheep are nervous about. Not only do we need to make six of them, which take 6 hours each, so that's 36 hours (unless you got 2 bronze bells from truck deliveries to pop a studio boost in place.. lets not go there) but I need to shear the woolly crew 12 times for the 96 wool we need, so that's 72 hours which means shearing starts right here, right now. I can hear my barn creaking as we speak. I'd say that was doable, if I ever get enough gold and feathers to finish the bait, but.. step 5 asks us to mine 20 times... Yes, that old problem again... Serious lack of mining tools dropping from anywhere and I still don't have all the ore for the side goal that gives us 7 rubies. Conclusion: Ain't happening.

wonderboy9848
08-04-16, 11:17 PM
Lack of gold
lack of shove
lack of pick

i want to give up this game now.

Sandybellee
08-05-16, 03:08 AM
Finished last night. Not sure if it was worth it. (Spent some gems because I just couldn't deal with all the collecting.)

Peggyg723
08-05-16, 04:45 AM
for anyone that has finished.. can you still grow catnip once tree is fully upgraded? I have all my dolls done but hesitate to turn them in since I want to help others with catnip.. please let me know.. thanks

Rynetory2
08-05-16, 04:50 AM
for anyone that has finished.. can you still grow catnip once tree is fully upgraded? I have all my dolls done but hesitate to turn them in since I want to help others with catnip.. please let me know.. thanks

Yes you are able to grow them.

Peggyg723
08-05-16, 04:52 AM
thanks

Lisa1148
08-05-16, 05:11 AM
�� It's my 4th day of working on level 3. I only have 34 feathers and 8 birds. I won't make it to end at this rate. ��

LadyFencer
08-05-16, 05:19 AM
�� It's my 4th day of working on level 3. I only have 34 feathers and 8 birds. I won't make it to end at this rate. ��

You can come join the party with the rest of us. Bring your chickens. We'll also need potatoes for potato salad. Pies and tarts would be good. Lots of cider and lemonade. We're going to eat good!

capitalcee
08-05-16, 05:31 AM
Love the stories! I check in daily for them.

On a real note, this event is impossible without help from neighbors or using gems. That's so unfortunate. One of my neighbors gave up, so she's helping me with catnip and wool. Without her help I couldn't do it.

SallyCat60
08-05-16, 06:27 AM
I have enough sisal balls and enough bait to make the rest of the fish plushies. What happens if I upgrade my tree without completing the purrfect bait goal? Will I still have that goal to complete or will I then be on stage 5 without having gained the 2 rubies reward?

zxzxzp
08-05-16, 06:35 AM
I have enough sisal balls and enough bait to make the rest of the fish plushies. What happens if I upgrade my tree without completing the purrfect bait goal? Will I still have that goal to complete or will I then be on stage 5 without having gained the 2 rubies reward?
I believe you need to finish the list of things in your goal to get the rubies. You wont move to the next stage. Upgrading the tree is just part of the goals and upgrading wont move you to the next stage.

SallyCat60
08-05-16, 06:49 AM
I believe you need to finish the list of things in your goal to get the rubies. You wont move to the next stage. Upgrading the tree is just part of the goals and upgrading wont move you to the next stage.

I thought so. Bang goes that idea eh? [insert smiley face that isn't smiling very much] thank you, anyway

kalosbb
08-05-16, 07:21 AM
I thought so. Bang goes that idea eh? [insert smiley face that isn't smiling very much] thank you, anyway

That's ridiculous to launch such event which is impossible to complete.
Hard to believe players will enjoy such event.

I already upgraded the kitty tree to the limit and in the stage of making that purrfect bait. It is impossible to finish the list of goals. It just wasted plenty of my gems to buy mining tools but never dig out any gold. Never get enough feathers but my barn is already stuck with unwanted eggs which need to sell at much lower price in order to get rid of them.

I just give up and won't further wasting my time on such rubbish event which only make players feel frustrated.

Good luck :)

tuffyjkitten
08-05-16, 07:35 AM
I collected enough feathers yesterday to make TWO baits. Really?? I had to chase my 8 chickens down THREE times to get the 4 feathers to make one of those baits. This is terrible!! I'm about ready to sell my event items and hope I can find a kitty plushy in the market to complete my souvenir toy set since for the SECOND YEAR IN A ROW I won't get the kitty out of the tree. :mad: :confused: :mad:

Our chickens need to make Farm Story great again by giving a large supply of feathers immediately! In my view, rescued tree kitties should be for everyone, not just a handful of billionaires!

JoffJoffJoff
08-05-16, 11:18 AM
I've just made 20 bird plushies but they don't seem to register so although I now need to make the bird plushies to upgrade the tree, the studio is still saying I can only make the bird ones and the goal still says I need to make another 10 birds. This has got to be a glitch right? Anyone else experiencing this?

mearro
08-05-16, 12:47 PM
I've just made 20 bird plushies but they don't seem to register so although I now need to make the bird plushies to upgrade the tree, the studio is still saying I can only make the bird ones and the goal still says I need to make another 10 birds. This has got to be a glitch right? Anyone else experiencing this?

Did you craft all the 20 birds? Sadly ones bought from newspaper don't count whether you buy them before or after entering the bird stage. It's such a shame, no point buying from others, I tried that :/

JoffJoffJoff
08-05-16, 01:19 PM
I don't remember buying any but perhaps I did. Aw, that makes me sad. I'm never going to finish this quest at this rate. Thanks for the info though!

mearro
08-05-16, 01:57 PM
I just finally moved on to the fish stage but still need these god awful feathers! Honestly, it's mostly the feathers that hugely delay progress. It would be so much nicer to finally be done with them :/

rjazz
08-05-16, 02:20 PM
Two days not one piece of gold, hardly any tools to mine with. This is impossible if you don't spend lots of money. Have the feathers but can't make any bait.

ElsaWalker
08-05-16, 02:37 PM
I'm done but this one was really tough. I had some rubies saved but still had to use almost 100 picks and shovels. Drop rates were brutal on everything we needed.

mearro
08-05-16, 02:47 PM
I got most items needed for later stages so it should be a little easier then, BUT I just need these scarce feathers to move on. Really frustrating when you feel you might get a shot at getting the kitty.

Btw, do you also see some new items that we can craft (i.e. in bakery, kitchen, chocolatier), they have an extra timer icon. Is this a new event creeping in?

dizzle507
08-05-16, 03:00 PM
This event is/was way too much effort. I just got a pop-up today about a Brazilian event starting soon, and I can start early to craft the new items to get a head start. Can we at least finish 1 event before we start another. This is crazy. At least have a short break in between events!

mearro
08-05-16, 03:02 PM
Huh, I don't get any pop-up. What does it say? Anything specific? I guess it's related to the Rio events now.

Rynetory2
08-05-16, 03:21 PM
See Sporty Summer Event (http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?93375-Sporty-Summer-Event-coming-soon) for new event and continue your discussions there. :)

syncler78
08-05-16, 05:09 PM
This just hasn't been my day...I needed three more gold to finish making the fishy lures and behold! Stormy was offering gold! I got two gold from Stormie, but then my chickens went on strike and wouldn't give me feathers! I've done at least two dozen deliveries and no mining tools. And to top it all off, I looked in the newspaper just now and found someone selling 10 GOLD! Sadly, I had 20 seconds but my barn was full and couldn't dump stuff and get back before time ran out! Aargh!

pastagirl54
08-05-16, 06:57 PM
Everyone keeps saying they get Gold, etc from Stormie. All I ever get from Stormie is wheat & stuff I don't need. :( I haven't gotten any gems from Stormie at all. Wish I would.
I'm out of picks & shovels so been constantly sending planes out w full orders, but not getting any picks for mines. Discouraging. :( Used gems to finish bait bc nothing to mine with, but don't know how I'm going to finish if I can't get picks, shovels for the mine 20 times ... much less enough rubies.
I'm good with making challenges challenging... but is it necessary to make them impossible????
Sorry, don't like to be negative but they need feedback when it's just too much. They overdid it on the mining on this event for sure. :(

SallyCat60
08-06-16, 12:02 AM
I got most items needed for later stages so it should be a little easier then, BUT I just need these scarce feathers to move on. Really frustrating when you feel you might get a shot at getting the kitty.

Btw, do you also see some new items that we can craft (i.e. in bakery, kitchen, chocolatier), they have an extra timer icon. Is this a new event creeping in?

Yes there is probably a new discussion for that one, though I can't believe they're urging us to start making new items when a majority of us are struggling to finish the current event. I also have enough items for the next stage, but the mining goal will be impossible with the current drop rate of tools being virtually zero.

SallyCat60
08-06-16, 12:07 AM
I got one pickaxe from 80 deliveries over a period of two days and it's starting to get irritating now. I thought the drop rate of mining tools would increase once the special offer on gems, expansion papers and shovels had finished but no. Now there's another special offer for sisal balls most if us don't need, more shovels and catnip plots. Catnip plots? Why would we spend real money on those? Aren't they supposed to be useless after this event? Even the other rare sources of mining tools are giving nothing but saws.

thumaunyna
08-06-16, 01:30 AM
Ughhhh stuck at stage 5 with a gazillion fish plushies to make. 😭😭😭

thumaunyna
08-06-16, 01:38 AM
what is required to make the cat plushie?

mearro
08-06-16, 03:38 AM
what is required to make the cat plushie?

Check first post, it's listed there. Good luck!

Wish I could skip the bait part of the goal. Still need to craft 13 more and there are no feather anywhere! I'm saving gems for later stages (in case I don't have time/resources to craft the kitty plushies) and 260 gems to skip the bait step is too much, ehhh. Just 3 days left T-T

magicgirl84
08-06-16, 04:24 AM
I want to skip the bait part too! I've upgraded my tree but still need to make 8 bait, but it's going to cost 160 gems! Don't have that many gems. And I've just seen what we need for the final bit! Absolutely ridiculous!! All those rubies?! Impossible ����

mearro
08-06-16, 04:27 AM
I want to skip the bait part too! I've upgraded my tree but still need to make 8 bait, but it's going to cost 160 gems! Don't have that many gems. And I've just seen what we need for the final bit! Absolutely ridiculous!! All those rubies?! Impossible ����

Same here. I got baits from the newspaper and used them to get the gold scale which I got enough and made all fish toys and upgraded tree as well. The only obstacle in moving on next stage are baits that still require those awful feathers, grrrr. From others posts I've been saving any ores and mining tools I got and my barn is stretched to its limits, can't wait to start using them to get more space.

LadyFencer
08-06-16, 05:30 AM
I asked my sheep if animals are in charge of handling delivery returns and if that's why we're not getting any tools. They gave each other a panicked look for a moment and then started laughing hysterically. We should have known. They wouldn't say who had taken over, but I suspect the chickens are involved.

I stopped at the chicken pens and said, "You knew about this, didn't you?" They gave me their best sweet and innocent look. Like I'm believing that one.

mearro
08-06-16, 08:34 AM
Somebody posted a strategy to collect feathers. I decided to collect from single chicken and then go away, do other stuff and then go back to collect from another chicken etc instead of collecting from all 4 at the same time and I got 4 feathers! Will try next time as well to see if will work again, but it could be just a luck case.

Major THANKS for those selling the feather - you guys are life savers!

nightmare325
08-06-16, 10:10 AM
Okay, so does anyone know if "mine 20 times" means 20 whacks ...or 20 tools? Trying to decide if i want to attempt moving on. Ive used all but 5 tools looking for gold...,aybe just have to buy the gold to move on....decisions, decisions.... Thanks in advance

tuffyjkitten
08-06-16, 10:23 AM
Through the generosity of the 2 people I saw yesterday selling feathers and my husband who gave me all his gold, I made 12 bait yesterday. Wow, didn't think that would ever happen! Upgraded my tree as I had purchased a couple of fish plushies previously. I'm now down to my last 20 mining tools, which are saved for the next goal, and I'm out of gold. Figure I will troll the newspaper today looking for parts but if not I will spend the 60 gems to skip and move on.

The plane has given nothing but 1 sisal ball and a saw. My pets have been equally stingy with parts. And the mole collection, which can give up to 10 tools gave me...1000 coins. Normally I'm thrilled with that as I'm always short on coins, but not today. The chickens must have a powerful union if they also control the moles and the plane....

LadyFencer
08-06-16, 10:35 AM
My pets have been equally stingy with parts. And the mole collection, which can give up to 10 tools gave me...1000 coins. Normally I'm thrilled with that as I'm always short on coins, but not today. The chickens must have a powerful union if they also control the moles and the plane....

It's not just the chickens. Just about all the animals are in cahoots. I fear it has spread to some of the pets and other critters as well. I have a feeling some of the cows got loose, headed to town and connected their new laptops to free WiFi somewhere there to spread the word. My guess is they snuck out in one of the delivery trucks that I had not filled since they keep asking for stuff I cannot make.

syncler78
08-06-16, 11:00 AM
It's not just the chickens. Just about all the animals are in cahoots. I fear it has spread to some of the pets and other critters as well. I have a feeling some of the cows got loose, headed to town and connected their new laptops to free WiFi somewhere there to spread the word. My guess is they snuck out in one of the delivery trucks that I had not filled since they keep asking for stuff I cannot make.

I have proof that the pets are in on it! I have been feeding them yummy treats for days now and all they will give me are coins and saws. I could already chop down a forest with the saws I have, but will they give me one little mining tool? No! I must find the leader amongst the cows and have a BBQ...an example must be made!

tuffyjkitten
08-06-16, 11:14 AM
Hubby had an idea that saved me some gems...it costs 14 gems to buy a gold to make a bait as opposed to 20 to skip it in the goal. I had the feathers so I did that and moved to the next goal.

Mining with my remaining 20 tools got me 3 gold and 2 rubies. A ton of silver, 2 hammers, wood, a brick, and a few iron were the rest of it. No additional mining tools. I have enough rubies to complete the last step, since you get 7 for giving 30 silver and 30 iron in the side goal. Yay! Now it's all about wool....

And don't forget that a cowbell for the studio will cut crafting time in half!

SallyCat60
08-06-16, 11:32 AM
Okay, so does anyone know if "mine 20 times" means 20 whacks ...or 20 tools? Trying to decide if i want to attempt moving on. Ive used all but 5 tools looking for gold...,aybe just have to buy the gold to move on....decisions, decisions.... Thanks in advance

20 whacks would be wonderful But I'm betting we will need 20 mining tools. I doubt I'll need to worry about that though as I still have to find 8 pieces of gold with zero mining tools and the event will be over before I get enough gold to complete the bait.

SallyCat60
08-06-16, 11:35 AM
I have proof that the pets are in on it! I have been feeding them yummy treats for days now and all they will give me are coins and saws. I could already chop down a forest with the saws I have, but will they give me one little mining tool? No! I must find the leader amongst the cows and have a BBQ...an example must be made!

I think my pets teased me with 1 pickaxe and 1 shovel but nothing since. They're being crafty and hoping I keep letting them watch TV with me so they give me more... Little munchkins

SallyCat60
08-06-16, 11:43 AM
I asked my sheep if animals are in charge of handling delivery returns and if that's why we're not getting any tools. They gave each other a panicked look for a moment and then started laughing hysterically. We should have known. They wouldn't say who had taken over, but I suspect the chickens are involved.

I stopped at the chicken pens and said, "You knew about this, didn't you?" They gave me their best sweet and innocent look. Like I'm believing that one.

I hacked into the cows laptops and read an email from the chickens. Apparently they're worried that a kitten might just cause them a lot of panic because kittens are very naughty and will jump into their coops. They've been sending the mining tool supplier messages that I don't need pickaxes or shovels, but am low on saws, sisal balls and expansion papers. You wait till I get over to those chicken coops...

SallyCat60
08-06-16, 11:46 AM
Hubby had an idea that saved me some gems...it costs 14 gems to buy a gold to make a bait as opposed to 20 to skip it in the goal. I had the feathers so I did that and moved to the next goal.

Mining with my remaining 20 tools got me 3 gold and 2 rubies. A ton of silver, 2 hammers, wood, a brick, and a few iron were the rest of it. No additional mining tools. I have enough rubies to complete the last step, since you get 7 for giving 30 silver and 30 iron in the side goal. Yay! Now it's all about wool....

And don't forget that a cowbell for the studio will cut crafting time in half!

I had that idea too but one thing stopped me... I don't have enough gems as usual! :o P.S.. The studio boost costs 2 bronze cowbells ;)

zxzxzp
08-06-16, 01:05 PM
Defenitly wondeful ideas!

mearro
08-06-16, 02:50 PM
Just 4 more bait, c'mon chickens!

The stages with feathers are so boring, there is nothing you can do but wait for collection. I wish I was at mining stage, at least you go very fast there if you have mining tools

tuffyjkitten
08-06-16, 03:15 PM
I had that idea too but one thing stopped me... I don't have enough gems as usual! :o P.S.. The studio boost costs 2 bronze cowbells ;)

Yeah I didn't realize that until I went to buy it. I had 3 bronze ones so all was good. It also cut down the time of the item that was already crafting, not just what went in after its purchase. :)

I think instead of this new Rio event we should have a bbq competition for chicken, lamb, and beef recipes. My pigs are behaving so I will hold off adding bacon to any recipes for the moment. Maybe a lot of large, well placed signs for this will do the trick....

cactuswillow
08-06-16, 06:00 PM
Yeah I didn't realize that until I went to buy it. I had 3 bronze ones so all was good. It also cut down the time of the item that was already crafting, not just what went in after its purchase. :)

I think instead of this new Rio event we should have a bbq competition for chicken, lamb, and beef recipes. My pigs are behaving so I will hold off adding bacon to any recipes for the moment. Maybe a lot of large, well placed signs for this will do the trick....

I agree. By the way, I quit. I cannot achieve these stupid goals!

I am going to sell everything because this is ridiculous. I have a life!

Thankful12
08-06-16, 06:05 PM

I just did the same thing. I let this run at work, during meals and breaks and late into the night (almost 18 hours a day), and after almost 25 mining tools, I couldn't get even 5 pieces of gold, so, I have officially decided I am not getting a cat and do not care.
I have Learned it is not worth using gems either for the events. I used some on the deluxe catnip plots that came to nothing.
What a waste of time....

klrcali
08-06-16, 07:55 PM
I just did the same thing. I let this run at work, during meals and breaks and late into the night (almost 18 hours a day), and after almost 25 mining tools, I couldn't get even 5 pieces of gold, so, I have officially decided I am not getting a cat and do not care.
I have Learned it is not worth using gems either for the events. I used some on the deluxe catnip plots that came to nothing.
What a waste of time....

I'm with you! I spent real money a few times to buy feathers and such. My studio never changed over after making mice so I bought birds, and fish... Now I'm reading kitties with gems and gold... Oh my!! Yeah, I'm out. Too bad it looked just like my kitty that passed away but not worth this much money and headache. I feel so much better since deciding to be done with it. Farm stress is real 😂

LadyFencer
08-06-16, 08:59 PM
What a waste of time....

Right there with you. They are hard to come by, and I thought I'd finish this time. Not sure I will even start next time. The prize will have to be pretty incredible.

SallyCat60
08-07-16, 01:12 AM

I'm cutting down ash trees for the signs as we speak. Great idea!

SallyCat60
08-07-16, 01:24 AM
Right there with you. They are hard to come by, and I thought I'd finish this time. Not sure I will even start next time. The prize will have to be pretty incredible.

If I add up the gems I've used (and wasted) to help with events, I probably would have had enough to console myself with a nice fluffy new kitten from the market. I've been saving my coins like mad to buy the last feed mill to help with additional food such as pet, llama and truffle hog feed because trying to do these additional items sometimes delays my livestock food, but I've been spending far too many of these hard earned coins trying to buy from the newspaper and fill plane orders to get mining tools which never seem to drop at the moment, so I've decided that since the animals have not been as helpful as they could, they are gonna go hungry cos I'm not getting that kitty and will need to console myself with a brand new piebald pony!

SallyCat60
08-07-16, 01:48 AM

I guess it's how the creators of these games, which are free to download and play, make any money. These events which have impossible goals always have 'special offers' running at the same time, tempting us to buy items that will get you through the event for real money. I guess we can't blame them as its their living. I confess I have made purchases in the past but am not in the position to do so currently, but it makes me wonder if the creators go too far with back to back events, one that is even running before the current one finishes, and are in danger of losing a lot of players because not only are the goals are too hard, too time consuming and a waste of effort, but constantly scouring the newspaper, neighbours and community farms for stuff becomes boring when it's so fruitless. Good luck and well done to those who have or will finish this event. I hope your kitty behaves herself! ;)

Rynetory2
08-07-16, 03:42 AM

This task requires 20 tools.

mearro
08-07-16, 04:12 AM
Finally done with these awful baits! On to the mining now. Honestly, thank you so much for giving us advance info about later stages and what is needed. I was saving like crazy all the ores, mining tools etc otherwise I wouldn't be able to even attempt the final stage. 2 days left, maybe the kitty will be mine? I wish I played the game last year, it was so much easier compared to now.

SallyCat60
08-07-16, 04:23 AM
The sheep were giggling at me as I fed them this morning. I asked 'what's so funny?' They turned their backs on me, waggled their stumpy little tails and said nothing, so I went off to check my plane order list and saw exactly what they thought was hilarious. Nearly all the orders needed wool. If, by some miracle, I ever get into the last stage, methinks I'll be pulling my hair our for wool AND mining tools. They're setting me up to fail, without a doubt! woolly pests..

LadyFencer
08-07-16, 02:55 PM
I was headed to warn the cows that I will be needing lots of milk soon, and the chickens pointed out their empty food trays. I pointed out my overflowing egg collection and told them that since they had been so stingy with the feathers, I have way too many eggs. I cannot sell them easily because they spread the word to chickens across the land, and the market has a glut of eggs. I also told them that the poor kitten is going to stay stuck in the tree thanks to them and the disruption the animals spread. They giggled. I said, "Laugh all you want. You're not getting fed and will have to scavenge for bugs like normal chickens until I get rid of the eggs." One of them held up her not-so-old phone that is supposed to be replaced as part of the negotiations for this event. I told her they were still on back order but that I was thinking of cancelling the order since the chickens did NOT deliver on feathers as they promised.

I hate to think of what the cows are going to want next. And with those new laptops, access to Wifi, and this general bad attitude among critters on the farm about helping out, I fear we are in trouble for the next event.

tuffyjkitten
08-07-16, 04:34 PM
I literally spent an hour and 45 minutes straight this morning in the market looking for wool. As each shop sold something I entered it and looked. Got 10 from posted items and another 7 from hunting. My afternoon sheep collection plus what hubby saved for me got the last one done. I had bought a souvenir plushy in case I didn't finish so I now have my kitty! It's lying there looking dead since I'm out of pet food....so sad....

yummy_bistro
08-07-16, 08:00 PM
umm I upgraded my tree from buying the birdie plushie toys. And now require gold fish but this option is not open....oh well guess I will have to give up as only 2x hours left lol

Kinda impossible to complete

nightmare325
08-07-16, 10:24 PM
This task requires 20 tools.

Thanks! Im done😞 Even if i bought the gold to finish the bait....i have 5 tools left; 20 is waaaaaay to much to have to buy. Sad pitiful kitty will have to rely on someone else for rescue....good luck all!

Alfonzo1
08-08-16, 12:18 AM
Anyone knows if the catnip will be permanent? I can still plant them although I have finished the event and gotten the kitty.

Rynetory2
08-08-16, 03:14 AM
Anyone knows if the catnip will be permanent? I can still plant them although I have finished the event and gotten the kitty.

Welcome to Farm Story 2 forum, Alfonzo1!

I'm afraid the catnip will be gone after the event ends. There's a little timer icon shown in the pic in the silo so that's an indicator for temporary items. Congrats on your new kitty! :o

fabricam
08-08-16, 06:39 AM
It's too short time. I'm just playing stage 3.

badunicorn
08-08-16, 07:51 AM
Bird plushie Is not an option for me to make in the studio. Thoughts. Am I not a high enough level? (Level 21)

Alfawolf
08-08-16, 08:58 AM
Hello! I've been following the forums but don't post often. I realize I will never get that rascal kitten, as I have no mining tools, no gold, and I have to still make 13 purrfect baits. There's no use buying tools to mine, as I can't ever get rubies, and rarely get gold. I have spent gems along the way. Not anymore, it's a waste. Like others have mentioned, better to just buy a pet directly if you want to use the gems, at least you actually get it! Poor kitty will remain stranded until he and his tree disappear. ��

mearro
08-08-16, 10:03 AM
umm I upgraded my tree from buying the birdie plushie toys. And now require gold fish but this option is not open....oh well guess I will have to give up as only 2x hours left lol

Kinda impossible to complete

Upgrading the tree is one part of goal and only completing the goal will let you move on to the next stage of the event. Sadly buying doesn't count, you need to craft each and every single item to fulfil the goal. Once you've done that, you will move on to the next stage of the event (not of the tree), which is why you cannot make fishes. Sorry, it's a massive pain !

Bird plushie Is not an option for me to make in the studio. Thoughts. Am I not a high enough level? (Level 21)

Did you craft all the items or buy them? Sadly buying doesn't count.

kooky panda
08-08-16, 10:34 AM
Reminder!

Please use Farm 2: Buy/Sell (http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?76146-Farm-2-Buy-Sell) thread for sale of event items.
Any buy/sell posts in this thread will be removed. Thanks for your understanding and cooperation.

Tigelinha
08-08-16, 11:00 AM
Crafting everything makes it impossible to finish the quest! At least for me! :( And I love cats!
So disappointed!

DragonManda
08-08-16, 11:47 AM
Here's a picture of what the new Bombay "kitten" looks like... Nothing at all like the cats we've had in the past. On the bottom left you will see my white spring cat, which is the normal cat size we've had. At the top is my gray tabby kitten, which is the last cat we rescued out of a tree, a little smaller than the adult cat, and at the bottom left, that black blob that's just a big head and eyes is the new "kitten." I really don't like the exaggerated features and grotesquely large head. The pets lately seem to be getting more and more cartoony with weird looking features, which are probably designed to make them look more "cute," but in my opinion, this just makes the pets look weird.

DragonManda
08-08-16, 11:51 AM
I honestly now wish I had left the cat somewhere in the tree and not spent gems to complete the goals. She looked cute up there. But down on the ground, she's all head and almost no body. She looks like a dark little alien.

mearro
08-08-16, 11:59 AM
Yeah, it looked nicer on the tree.

Doncourt
08-08-16, 12:00 PM
Unless I want to buy the last 4 plush kittens with gems, I'm not going to get the kitten. Another disappointing event. I'm so exhausted trying to keep up with this game, and I've been playing for 3 years so I feel like I shouldn't give up... but Storm 8 keeps making these events harder and harder. I thought playing computer games was supposed to be fun! I think I'm going to delete the game from my iPad (sadly). Maybe I'll get some of my life back. :( :( :(

Doncourt
08-08-16, 12:10 PM
Unless I want to buy the last 4 plush kittens with gems, I'm not going to get the kitten. Another disappointing event. I'm so exhausted trying to keep up with this game, and I've been playing for 3 years so I feel like I shouldn't give up... but Storm 8 keeps making these events harder and harder. I thought playing computer games was supposed to be fun! I think I'm going to delete the game from my iPad (sadly). Maybe I'll get some of my life back. :( :( :(

The game has been deleted. 😩 Almost 4 years down the drain. Oh well!

mearro
08-08-16, 12:14 PM
The game has been deleted. �� Almost 4 years down the drain. Oh well!

I think the progress is still saved so if you ever want to come back, you should be back to the level you left at?

DragonManda
08-08-16, 12:33 PM
As long as you had created a Storm8 i.d. and password, I think you should be able to redownload the game and log back in to your account right where you left off, if you decide you want to.

SallyCat60
08-08-16, 02:00 PM
By some miracle I finally got the kitty with help from others selling items and using my gems to skip the last of the mining goal which I'd never have reached otherwise. Yes she's all head and big eyes but I'm not worried, I'm just grateful all my hard work wasn't wasted. There's others who have worked hard too to get their kitty too but are not going to make it to the end, so condolences and better luck next time, guys. Two tough events in a row. Let's hope the next is achievable and more fun.

SallyCat60
08-08-16, 02:10 PM

Had I waited until all my plush kittens were finished making, I'd have run out of time but I was lucky to find some in the newspaper, so as soon as I'd put the last one on to make, I upgraded the tree with what I already had, then used gems to skip the last of the mining. It doesn't make me happy to use gems, but I'd got so far, not making it to the end would've been so irritating, lol. It's a shame the event drove you to delete your game. Sorry to hear that :(

mearro
08-08-16, 02:39 PM
By the end of the event, it got so much faster - loads of feathers, wools and toys are being sold now. Thanks to help from others I was able to finish the goals, got gems in case I was running out of time but finally the brown cowbells were of some use. I'm trying my best to help others as well, I know some are real close, good luck! After this I need a rest so hope others enjoy the next event.

jentlezat
08-08-16, 02:53 PM
So does anybody know if the catnip planters- still growing & harvesting - will be permanent addition?
With the flower beds, they are part of flower shop. Catnip? not sure where that fits in?

update: forget about the catnip, made my last harvest - no more planting - gone!
so I guess I have some animal print step stones!

S4d4chb1a
08-08-16, 04:19 PM
Is there any chance we'll be able to buy the Bombay Kitten from the cash shop after the event is over? I can't afford to buy more gems (already bought a few hundred during this event) and I definitely won't be done before the event is over in 2 hours :( But I'd love to buy the kitten with gems on my next paycheck!

ragingray
08-08-16, 06:22 PM
Short of it, this event was a total waste of time for me, never short of eggs before so i did not bother buying 12 chickens, could always buy egg from from neighbours, then the catnips was needed so much, and it has been said by so many others the feathers drop rate terrible, was just throwing away eggs, by the time my game had any feathers in the newpaper, it was with 3 hours to go before event end.
I gave up 3 days ago when i found i needed 100 catnip for the last part.
there was almost (Yes almost) no point buying the finished parts from others, as you needed to "make" the parts for the quest.
Why did the cat care if you bought the parts to entice it or if you made them...i know it was to force you to buy gems and lots of them.
i would rather fail the event than to give money to S8 for demanding such a horrible way of completing the event, forcing people to make everything to complete each section. What justification was there for this requirement to complete the event? did the kitten really care?

next time/event I will just be selling all the components, the only events i can complete are the one that do not require parts, never have enough barn space, and tired of the need for constant hourly checking of my phone for essential parts to make stuff ie catnip/having to check chickens every 30 mins.

PookieBear50
08-08-16, 07:12 PM
IS the catnip sticking around? As nearly as I can tell, all the indicators that the event has ended are in place: event items removed from the buildings so they can't be crafted, the icons counting down the time vanished, etc. However, after harvesting EVERYTHING possible with the sickle except the Catnip, the sickle remains on the screen, indicating that something else is able to be collected.

At this point, I haven't touched the Catnip since the Paw Plots look all right with the Catnip in them. However, if the Catnip will not be needed any more, perhaps it should be made like the Clover Plots: the clover is there now as a decoration, and it cannot be harvested.

Windracer321
08-08-16, 09:30 PM
I am not touching my catnip either just in case. I see that the ones still for sale are locked and say level 1,000 needed. If anyone tries to harvest let us know what happens please.

IS the catnip sticking around? As nearly as I can tell, all the indicators that the event has ended are in place: event items removed from the buildings so they can't be crafted, the icons counting down the time vanished, etc. However, after harvesting EVERYTHING possible with the sickle except the Catnip, the sickle remains on the screen, indicating that something else is able to be collected.

At this point, I haven't touched the Catnip since the Paw Plots look all right with the Catnip in them. However, if the Catnip will not be needed any more, perhaps it should be made like the Clover Plots: the clover is there now as a decoration, and it cannot be harvested.

Alfonzo1
08-09-16, 01:03 AM
I harvested catnip after the event ended and it ended up in my silo. When tappning the plots now it is not possible to plant more. Plots are a nice decoration though.

Alfawolf
08-09-16, 12:34 PM
I harvested catnip after the event ended and it ended up in my silo. When tappning the plots now it is not possible to plant more. Plots are a nice decoration though.

Thank you for letting us know! I'll leave them be then.

syncler78
08-09-16, 01:25 PM
Thank you for letting us know! I'll leave them be then.

This. However I wish the sickle would disappear after I've collected all the other crops. Please turn these (grown) catnip plots into a decoration!

zxzxzp
08-09-16, 05:54 PM
I too came here to find out how to remove the catnip plots. Kindly let us know. Thanks in advance.

Alfonzo1
08-09-16, 10:21 PM
You can remove the plots by entering Edit then mark the plots and move them to the cellar,

SallyCat60
08-11-16, 05:00 AM
I've left grown catnip in the plots so they look nice but are you guys saying that of we accidentally swipe the scythe over them they can still be cut? I have them in a place where I don't use the scythe so hopefully that won't happen.