PDA

View Full Version : Funny things the citizens say

Em_storm
07-23-16, 09:03 AM
The little people walking around the city just crack me up, saying random things like, "The llama is a quadroped." Then there's the guy who keeps asking, "?Donde est? la biblioteca?" and I'm all like, "Hang in there dude, it unlocks at level 20." My personal favorite is "That coin was enormous!"

Today though, I saw one that concerned me a little. As the passengers were arriving at the boardwalk the last one said, "No one will ever find me here." :eek:

Anyone else have a favorite citizen quote?

me2nyy
07-23-16, 11:00 AM
Have you seen Jenny??

annabelle125a
07-23-16, 11:13 AM
That was gluten free right? --- no dude you just had toast, so not gluten free lol

Em_storm
07-23-16, 02:39 PM
Have you seen Jenny??
Ha! Yeah, she went that way...

That was gluten free right? --- no dude you just had toast, so not gluten free lol
Lol, that one always pops up after the pastry!

meme1098
07-23-16, 03:26 PM
Food ain't no 4 letter word. And then the one about someone having a dog named Jeremiah. I then have Jeremiah was a bullfrog in my head...lol

annabelle125a
07-23-16, 08:34 PM
Oh- I just got the "My mother in law is moving out " guy love him too

BiteMe111
07-23-16, 10:53 PM
"Home improvement is where the heart is.", lol.

Also, there's one I don't understand: "I've got a food baby" - ???

OzFamily
07-24-16, 04:51 AM
I thought the isn't this the hometown of Slade Wilson one was funny/interesting , until I discovered they were to referring to a character in the game and not the comic book character...

me2nyy
07-24-16, 06:08 AM
Also, there's one I don't understand: "I've got a food baby" - ???[/QUOTE]

When you eat so much that your stomach sticks out and makes you look pregnant :)

bss0226
07-24-16, 09:42 AM
I had two that worked perfect together:

First I had one say "My mother in law is moving out" or something similar

Then the next one I clicked on said "can it get any better?"

Perfect together

AnniePMH
07-24-16, 12:00 PM
Positive feedback is a great thing, but now I would like my citizens to be more grumpy, lol:p:rolleyes:

Em_storm
07-24-16, 02:55 PM
Food ain't no 4 letter word. And then the one about someone having a dog named Jeremiah. I then have Jeremiah was a bullfrog in my head...lol
Perhaps Jeremiah was a bulldog?

Positive feedback is a great thing, but now I would like my citizens to be more grumpy, lol:p:rolleyes:
"Hey! I'm walkin' here!" Lol
And when they're dropping every item I don't need to upgrade my inventory, I imagine a tiny voice of maniacal laughter.

zyfazix
07-26-16, 06:36 AM
After finishing a house one of the peeps said 'My neighbour looks suspicious'
I think that's one of the best I've seen so far

PurpleScorpion76
07-26-16, 11:47 AM

That has to be mine, because like you say he usually had wheat or toast or something definitely not gluten free. Regarding the Jenny one, well, it took me ages to remember Jenny is the Mayors right hand woman!

PurpleScorpion76
07-26-16, 11:49 AM
Also, there's one I don't understand: "I've got a food baby" - ???

When you eat so much that your stomach sticks out and makes you look pregnant :)[/QUOTE]

Thank you I was wondering that one too!

TeabytheSea3
07-26-16, 02:47 PM

I've had a few grumpy neighbors. After building them a new home, I've had them say..."Get off my lawn!" :D

I love all of my citizens in my little neighborhood. :)

twospoons
07-27-16, 10:56 PM
I love the grumpy people! I don't think I've seen a "my neighbor looks suspicious," but that's great. My favorite is actually the "no one will find me here" guy at the docks--it just invites you to imagine a backstory, doesn't it?

My other favorite was the guy who said "I love our city's cuisine" once outside of the donut shop. Really? Donuts are cuisine?

tuffyjkitten
07-28-16, 09:57 AM
Once after I filled an order for an oven the citizen said "that will look great in my den!"

tuffyjkitten
08-17-16, 10:34 PM
A citizen just said "beautiful day!" and then promptly stepped into the street in front of an oncoming truck.....day over! :p

cquinn32
08-18-16, 09:02 AM
"That coin was enormous" I thought that one was funny

freesiawoods
08-18-16, 07:18 PM
"The llama is a quadruped." Sorry but I find that annoying after the first few times.

AnniePMH
08-21-16, 02:03 PM
I've had a few grumpy neighbors. After building them a new home, I've had them say..."Get off my lawn!" :D

Yes, that's my new favorite too, that's much better, lol:p

zenobia42
08-22-16, 01:01 PM
"That coin was enormous" made me literally LOL for like 5 minutes the first time it popped up. It still makes me smile.

This is a player not a citizen but I loved it enough I had to screenshot and post it (other Gen X folks will get it right away):

Mika012
08-24-16, 01:42 PM
"That coin was enormous" made me literally LOL for like 5 minutes the first time it popped up. It still makes me smile.

This is a player not a citizen but I loved it enough I had to screenshot and post it (other Gen X folks will get it right away):

Molly just lol'ed. ;)

LauraV1
09-08-16, 08:56 AM
Get off my lawn!