PDA

View Full Version : Do the citizens only give money during certain hours?

Airriona91
07-22-16, 05:59 AM
I'm on the east coast USA, and yesterday in the morning until late afternoon, there were no random citizens popping up to give me coins or parts. Then around 5 or so, they started showing up again. Same thing again this morning. Not sure if this is a bug or a way for S8 to slow down our leveling and coin collecting.

Marty67
07-22-16, 06:06 AM
I think you only have a fixed number of citizens apear for each day. Once you have collected from them all you have to wait for next day according to the Storm8 servers, which seems to be for me around 02:00 (GMT+2).

humeangel3
07-23-16, 01:55 PM
I've been playing for quite a while today, and still have had no citizens give coins. I had very few show up yesterday. I'm at a stand still and getting frustrated. Is anyone else having this issue?

satori101
07-23-16, 02:48 PM
Same issue for me - sometimes I seem to just stop getting citizens that provide coins and the occasional random gift. I will watch more closely to see if there is a limit and a reset time as suggested by the previous poster.

bss0226
07-23-16, 07:08 PM
It's not based on reset times. Reset for me is 3 am. I don't usually get coins to pop at that time. I get none before about 8 pm to 9 pm eastern USA time. Then they seem random. Again none during the day

PurpleScorpion76
07-26-16, 02:59 PM
I don't think it's connected to servers or your place in the world, I suspect it's to do with timing, so your first time opening the game in the morning, it will give you so many, then if you reach your quota for 5 hours, you only get coins etc, then it will kick back in later on in the day a bit like Bakery Story 2 with certain people and business owners only coming in to the bakery at certain times of the day.

tuffyjkitten
07-28-16, 10:02 AM
I noticed yesterday that the citizens didn't show up until after I had delivered the boardwalk order around 5 pm S8 time. They were there constantly for the rest of the night (had the game open until bedtime) but none so far this morning.

Update: 5pm brought out the citizens again. They must only come out after work! :)

Mercy1st
08-17-16, 12:26 AM
We play randomly throughout a 24 hour period because of extraneous things going on. We can tell you that we've had citizens gift us with all kinds of stuff all hours of the day and night. Yes they seem to disappear for a while and then come back. But we have found no discernible pattern to give you guys a heads up. Guess we can keep track of it and report back, but we're having too much fun. Good luck to all.