PDA

View Full Version : Overgrowth : Mining Dragon 2016-july-19 :( LEAVES 8-26)

Clark_Wayne
07-19-16, 03:54 PM
need 300 parts !!! :eek:

Edit - KP Adding information

Elsa;1323431']It's not a glitch, you can win Scarab and Radioactive from the mine as a rare drop. :)

DeeDe99
07-19-16, 04:05 PM
I'm blaming Kennedward for that, boasting about his 900 bombs! :D :D

Glad that it is a stone type, as I have a spare stone spot after buying another stone quarry for the last two.

Clark_Wayne
07-19-16, 04:27 PM

Glad that it is a stone type, as I have a spare stone spot after buying another stone quarry for the last two.

LOL LOL yes kennedward is guilty LOL LOL

cdbabe
07-19-16, 04:40 PM
My mining is not working??

Any help please

belarica
07-19-16, 04:53 PM
Wow okay. I was mining away and I got a scarab dragon instead of a part for overgrowth. I didn't take a screenshot because I thought it was just a bug? But it's in my storage!

http://i.imgur.com/5lj9RUF.jpg

DragonPhoenix6
07-19-16, 05:12 PM
Wow okay. I was mining away and I got a scarab dragon instead of a part for overgrowth. I didn't take a screenshot because I thought it was just a bug? But it's in my storage!

http://i.imgur.com/5lj9RUF.jpg

Wow that's amazing! Congratulations! Wish this bug came to my island too!

DragonPhoenix6
07-19-16, 05:14 PM
overgrowth is not the most exciting of dragons and 300 parts is a loooot! I hope we get some mining boost weekends again...

savage_mel
07-19-16, 06:37 PM
300 pieces!!! Is this a joke??? During the last round I barely had enough pieces to craft one of the dragons, never mind both. And now I need another 300 just to get one? I don't have any BPD's and I can't evolve at level 4 like most ppl. My first evolution is not until level 7, so that, with Tales, I was always struggling to get the 200 pieces that we used to have to get.

Jrod333
07-19-16, 06:52 PM

I highly doubt someone has 900 bombs, even if they skipped all mining dragons since bomb producing dragons were released. I've been steadily collecting from the dynamite dragon since it dropped without spending (mine closed) and only have 360, even if you double that counting for the extra bomb dragon there is not no 900. Like I said that's without using any

belarica
07-19-16, 07:24 PM
I highly doubt someone has 900 bombs, even if they skipped all mining dragons since bomb producing dragons were released. I've been steadily collecting from the dynamite dragon since it dropped without spending (mine closed) and only have 360, even if you double that counting for the extra bomb dragon there is not no 900. Like I said that's without using any

Kennedward has 5 demolition dragons.

DeeDe99
07-19-16, 08:19 PM
@Belarica 102 pieces and not one of them a dragon, for me. :(

Jrod333
07-19-16, 08:43 PM
Kennedward has 5 demolition dragons.

Ahh ok. Yea that's right, I forgot you can buy as many of those as you want.

Xyn25
07-19-16, 08:44 PM
Whaaaat? 300 pieces for a single dragon that looks a lot like a recoloring of Regrowth seems too much! Plus I'm kinda tired of the 4 legged 2 winged dragons. I wish we could see more Fairy or Skylord based designs, or maybe something completely new instead.

JulieandMaryn
07-19-16, 10:13 PM
I had a Scarab drop as well. Perhaps it's not a glitch.

DeeDe99
07-19-16, 10:31 PM
Whaaaat? 300 pieces for a single dragon that looks a lot like a recoloring of Regrowth seems too much! Plus I'm kinda tired of the 4 legged 2 winged dragons. I wish we could see more Fairy or Skylord based designs, or maybe something completely new instead.

If the doubles event is a new feature, this may be related to that - or this extra dragon two people so far have reported.

AuntAlyx
07-19-16, 10:50 PM
My data on OVERGROWTH can be found within the 2 screen shots of my wall.

Wish someone would help me figure out how to post to the Forum from my Samsung Galaxy Note 5 like I can onto DS walls...

AuntAlyx
07-19-16, 11:28 PM
It is my theory that because OVERGROWTH is an exceptional dragon for breeding w/ LOVE to obtain a DIAMOND, Storm8 wanted to make it just as difficult to Craft. My math says it would take 25 full 24 hour days of evolving dragons to obtain the bombs necessary IF you hit @ least twice each attempt & IF all dragons being evolved have an incubation length evenly divisible by 4. So if you had an evolve time of 19 hours you wasted 3 hours... Will Storm8 leave OVERGROWTH in the Mine for a month? It might be possible to obtain one then... :/

DeeDe99
07-20-16, 12:01 AM
They usually are at least a month.

jjblueyes
07-20-16, 12:19 AM
It's a lot of pieces. We shall see how it shakes out.

nyrrem
07-20-16, 02:16 AM
300! Why so many? I like the look of the dragon.

belarica
07-20-16, 02:34 AM
300! Why so many? I like the look of the dragon.

Maybe their intent with stalagmite and stalactite was to see how many people were able to get 300 pieces.

DeeDe99
07-20-16, 02:38 AM
I'm curious to know if the Scarab dropping is a glitch or intentional. 300 for two dragons isn't so bad and if they retain the doubles weekend that helps considerably.

HOWEVER I feel for the long term players with little left to evolve, especially those with no evolution step from level 3 to 4. This is a big ask for them, I think.

Sandybellee
07-20-16, 02:50 AM
This must be one gargantuan dragon requiring 300 pieces!

I'm excited about the possibility to get a Scarab dragon! No luck with that so far though and had a lousy mining session last night in other respects too, only getting 45 pieces from 25 bombs.

DeeDe99
07-20-16, 05:34 AM
I too have a Scarab dragon! On the nest now. Definitely looks like a part of this mining adventure.

Very nice touch, S8!

Kennedward
07-20-16, 06:00 AM
Dear all,

I got this dragon within minutes after its release

And if you must know, I had roughly 1000 bombs waiting

Now I'm down to roughly 800 bombs

That is all :cool:

lenasdinner
07-20-16, 06:12 AM
Dear all,

NICE!!! Congrats my friend!! you are unique and only one!

Kennedward
07-20-16, 06:18 AM
NICE!!! Congrats my friend!! you are unique and only one!

lol thx

sleepygs
07-20-16, 06:26 AM
I was very intimidated to try for 300 pieces. I usually get the mining dragons with a few days to spare, but I have a whole list of the evolution times of my dragons so I can time everything to get maximum bombs even away from my iPod. (I have no BPD) The bonus weekend would be a huge help. Even though I only needed a couple bombs over the last one, it felt more satisfying to actually get a bunch of pieces, instead of messing up when the game hangs and getting one per bomb!!!

On the other hand, I don't have a scarab dragon! I hope it's prize for everyone. I've got a mine to tackle!

PinkBubbles75
07-20-16, 08:11 AM
I got a radioactive dragon from mining! I thought it was a glitch but I guess it isn't since others are also finding dragons. I wonder what other dragons can be found whilst mining :)

Natasha_07
07-20-16, 08:23 AM
Question, are you guys getting these dragon drops on android or iOS, also is it only in the section for mining parts to craft dragons or island parts as well. :confused:

Thank you for any answers.

Xyn25
07-20-16, 09:06 AM
Hmm, Scarab and Radioactive? I already have Radioactive but I'd love to get Scarab! This would actually be a nice way to bring back previously released dragons, get them as a surprise drop from mining.

Xyn25
07-20-16, 09:08 AM
Dear all,

LOL, Instant dragon for you! Congrats!! :D

belarica
07-20-16, 10:01 AM
I got a radioactive dragon from mining! I thought it was a glitch but I guess it isn't since others are also finding dragons. I wonder what other dragons can be found whilst mining :)

Oh gosh I wish I would've found radioactive instead of scarab :o

Burrymillz
07-20-16, 11:37 AM
Has any android players found a dragon mining???

Hepatu
07-20-16, 11:45 AM
I haven't

TwinkleTwiny
07-20-16, 11:49 AM
Good question, I hope that there is no difference between ios and android :/

Xyn25
07-20-16, 11:58 AM

Nope, or at least not yet. I spent 20 bombs a few hours ago but no dragon.

JulieandMaryn
07-20-16, 12:08 PM
I'm an android user and I got a scarab.

Burrymillz
07-20-16, 12:12 PM
I'm an android user and I got a scarab.

Awesome!!

Bastiaan0
07-20-16, 01:20 PM
57 pieces and no dragons from the first 25 bombs.

Anaboe
07-20-16, 04:04 PM
Somewhat 18 bombs, and I got a Scarab. Not pleased, because I already did my work for that one... and it's costing me a piece for this one now... Hoping not to end with more dragons I already have, I also have Radioactive...

pinkflower7777
07-20-16, 04:24 PM
I was feeling kind of left out as I had 130 pieces and no Radioactive or Scarab drop yet. Then I checked my storage and there was Radioactive. Not sure when it happened, but am very pleased.

amalsaba
07-21-16, 12:01 AM
Ok storm 8 please explain what's happening here! We get it 300 pieces are achievable to so many. I was one of those able to craft 3 of the last mining dragons requiring 150 pieces each (without a bomb producing dragon). But please please please explain why are some players getting dragons instead of pieces in the mine?
I want one 😯

Anaboe
07-21-16, 02:57 AM
amalsaba, I wish I could give you mine... and you'd give me pieces for this new dragon...

zyfazix
07-21-16, 03:30 AM
Hopefully I'll get a Scarab from mining because I regret evolving my first one to epic. The flying animation makes my head hurt every time I see it.

The design of this dragon is great, I love the greys and greens and the design on the chest. Is this the first time that a mining dragon is also available for purchase through the market? I don't remember seeing that before this one

Kennedward
07-21-16, 05:46 AM
LOL, Instant dragon for you! Congrats!! :D

Yea, basically every mining dragon is easy for me now

Kennedward
07-21-16, 05:46 AM
I was feeling kind of left out as I had 130 pieces and no Radioactive or Scarab drop yet. Then I checked my storage and there was Radioactive. Not sure when it happened, but am very pleased.

You're not alone

I already got 300 pieces to craft this but no dragon prize from the mine at all

Kennedward
07-21-16, 06:21 AM

I'm on IOS, got all 300 pieces within minutes after the dragon's release time, but no dragon for me either

DeeDe99
07-21-16, 07:32 AM
It occurred to me as I was mining - maybe we have to hit a particular spot to get the dragon. If we miss it, no dragon for us.

If I were designing this feature, I would replace one of the pieces we are mining for on the grid with a dragon. If the player didn't hit that spot, I would repeat the process, placement randomly generated, for the next bomb. Repeat until dragon is found. If not found on any attempt, then no dragon.

Would snyone possibly get two dragons? Is there a dragon on every grid? Not sure I'd be that generous, but maybe S8 are! :)

Interesting.

Notice the wording on the screen (posted in a previous comment (http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?93010-New-Mining-Dragon-2016-july-19-Overgrowth-(stone-green-super-rare)&p=1322564&viewfull=1#post1322564)) "That's all for this mine! Buy more bombs to play again!" Enticement to seek more dragons?

Kennedward
07-21-16, 07:58 AM
It occurred to me as I was mining - maybe we have to hit a particular spot to get the dragon. If we miss it, no dragon for us.

If I were designing this feature, I would replace one of the pieces we are mining for on the grid with a dragon. If the player didn't hit that spot, I would repeat the process, placement randomly generated, for the next bomb. Repeat until dragon is found. If not found on any attempt, then no dragon.

Would snyone possibly get two dragons? Is there a dragon on every grid? Not sure I'd be that generous, but maybe S8 are! :)

Interesting.

Notice the wording on the screen (posted in a previous comment (http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?93010-New-Mining-Dragon-2016-july-19-Overgrowth-(stone-green-super-rare)&p=1322564&viewfull=1#post1322564)) "That's all for this mine! Buy more bombs to play again!" Enticement to seek more dragons?

I got that wording many times, but all of those times were just coins and food, no dragons

DeeDe99
07-21-16, 08:08 AM
I got that wording many times, but all of those times were just coins and food, no dragons

That's strange. Mine usually says "This mine is not empty......" I've never seen "That's all for this mine......" before.

Kennedward
07-21-16, 08:27 AM
That's strange. Mine usually says "This mine is not empty......" I've never seen "That's all for this mine......" before.

I got both many times, but even when it's "that's all" the prizes are pretty much the same.

ozigal
07-21-16, 05:08 PM
So very pleased to get a dragon bonus whilst mining. Gives me a warm fuzzy feeling for stormie. Was a nice gesture to get something unexpected. See Tis easy to get people back onside. A little pixel gift goes a looong way.*smiles *

amalsaba
07-22-16, 02:51 AM
amalsaba, I wish I could give you mine... and you'd give me pieces for this new dragon...

Thank you but it would be great if we could get an answer to whether this will be something possible for all players or is it some malfunction that will be fixed.

Kennedward
07-22-16, 04:58 AM
Seeing how I have over 850 bombs right now, I'll try to go for a second dragon, just to see if I get any dragon prizes from mining

This will be a first for me, but it only means I'll be trading away one, since I have no space for doubles :D

belarica
07-22-16, 05:50 AM
Seeing how I have over 850 bombs right now, I'll try to go for a second dragon, just to see if I get any dragon prizes from mining

This will be a first for me, but it only means I'll be trading away one, since I have no space for doubles :D

I bet this is why it's possible to mine dragons right now :) to get people to use their bombs instead of stockpiling for the next one

Kennedward
07-22-16, 06:07 AM
Just got yet another 300 pieces, but once again no dragon for me

Sandybellee
07-22-16, 06:28 AM
Feeling sad not having found a dragon prize in my bomb mine either. At least I found about 15 000 apples from the dynamite side with 20 dynamites.

Kennedward
07-22-16, 06:59 AM
I got only coins and apples, very jealous of those who got dragons lol

9krm
07-22-16, 07:34 AM
I haven't found a dragon. I can barely get any pieces. Good thing I'm not a miner in real life...i suck at it. ;)

Kennedward
07-22-16, 07:40 AM
I haven't found a dragon. I can barely get any pieces. Good thing I'm not a miner in real life...i suck at it. ;)

Good luck!

I was like you in the past

ericrypt
07-22-16, 10:37 AM
This dragon is somewhat lackluster for the price tag. Pass and save my bombs for a more interesting one. What was TL thinking with a 300 tag?!

Niire
07-22-16, 12:03 PM
I LOOOVE the fact that we can get past mining dragons on this! I hope they continue to do this. I am at 130 pieces and have not found one yet, but I'd love love love a scarab. I'd take a radioactive too, lol, not gonna lie, I am a dragon hoarder! :p

[S8] Elsa
07-22-16, 01:21 PM
It's not a glitch, you can win Scarab and Radioactive from the mine as a rare drop. :)

Xyn25
07-22-16, 02:02 PM
Elsa;1323431']It's not a glitch, you can win Scarab and Radioactive from the mine as a rare drop. :)

Thanks for confirming!! I'd love to get Scarab :D

Niire
07-22-16, 02:06 PM
Elsa, thank you for confirming yes. Thank you all for this! And please pass on my good will for this type of thing to continue as well! <3

FieldsLikeB
07-22-16, 08:38 PM
I'm curious to know if the Scarab dropping is a glitch or intentional. 300 for two dragons isn't so bad and if they retain the doubles weekend that helps considerably.

HOWEVER I feel for the long term players with little left to evolve, especially those with no evolution step from level 3 to 4. This is a big ask for them, I think.

I don't know about scarab dropping I had a Radioactive. Drop last night. Very pleased with the little fellow!

groovyedwin
07-23-16, 12:04 AM
300 pieces will be closed. Hopefully the dragon drops do not replace parts.

Kennedward
07-23-16, 03:51 AM
No dragon for me even after getting 2 of these dragons, that's 600 pieces in total.

It seems my bad luck is not just in spin the wheel but also in mining dragon prizes

DeeDe99
07-23-16, 03:45 PM

I got both many times, but even when it's "that's all" the prizes are pretty much the same.

I figured out my confusion. There are the two screens, the refill screen with the 4 second timer and the rewards summary screen. They have different wording. When I got the dragon, it skipped the usual screen about refilling with gold and went straight to the rewards screen. Hence I saw different text at a different time, if that makes sense!

JustKay
07-23-16, 05:41 PM

OMG! Thank you! This is an awesome idea! I took a break from DS for a few months and have missed quite a few so would love to get a second chance. I also have a whole heap of unused parts left over.

Kennedward
07-23-16, 07:00 PM
I figured out my confusion. There are the two screens, the refill screen with the 4 second timer and the rewards summary screen. They have different wording. When I got the dragon, it skipped the usual screen about refilling with gold and went straight to the rewards screen. Hence I saw different text at a different time, if that makes sense!

Not really for me, but doesn't matter anyways cause I won't be mining again for this dragon, even though I still have tons of bombs lol

DeeDe99
07-23-16, 09:18 PM
You know that little Scarab reward? At level 3 mine just won his first battle - kicked level 19 Spell to the curb in the tournament.

Clark_Wayne
07-24-16, 09:31 AM
since i already have radioactive and scarab, i don't care getting them :D but it is a really good idea for those who don't have them :)

Bastiaan0
07-25-16, 09:56 AM
Just got Scarab :) Very thrilled about this one especially because it was my first mining dragon ever and I missed it because I had too little time to gather all pieces back then.

For Overgrowth I'm on 123 pieces. 300 has never been a problem, so not worried at all that I can't make it this time.

kat8rose
07-25-16, 09:17 PM
I can't have more than 25 bombs? Help, please and ty

300 is probably not going to happen, hoping for lots of food trying!

Hepatu
07-25-16, 10:46 PM

Nonstop evolving and you can make it.
My limit is 25 bombs too but last time I got enough for 3 dragons

DeeDe99
07-26-16, 03:08 AM

You can only have more than 25 bombs if you have a bomb producing dragon. The bombs they produce are not included in the 25 limit, that applies to bombs dropped by the evolution temple.

Kennedward
07-26-16, 06:02 AM
Just got Scarab :) Very thrilled about this one especially because it was my first mining dragon ever and I missed it because I had too little time to gather all pieces back then.

For Overgrowth I'm on 123 pieces. 300 has never been a problem, so not worried at all that I can't make it this time.

Congrats!

kat8rose
07-26-16, 09:18 AM
Thanks!

Niire
07-27-16, 04:50 PM
Hey, lame question, but the rare drop dragons...can you get them on the land side as well? If so...GAHHHH!

Grats to those getting overgrowth and the rares! And good luck and keep on truckin to those of us who are still working it!

[S8] Elsa
07-27-16, 05:17 PM
Hey, lame question, but the rare drop dragons...can you get them on the land side as well? If so...GAHHHH!

Grats to those getting overgrowth and the rares! And good luck and keep on truckin to those of us who are still working it!

No such animal as lame questions! Nope, only on the Dragon side. Good luck mining!

Niire
07-27-16, 05:18 PM
Elsa;1325292']No such animal as lame questions! Nope, only on the Dragon side. Good luck mining!

Whew, thanks Elsa! <3

zyfazix
07-29-16, 01:02 AM
Terrible luck using the first 32 bombs. Only got 60 pieces and lost 3 bombs because of connection/crashing issues

ladymakay
07-30-16, 09:42 AM
Lady Luck actually came through, 6 bombs in and tada Scarab dragon ☺.

Niire
07-31-16, 07:05 AM
Grats! And grats to others scoring! I have not yet been able to get one, but I am hoping, lol.

lenasdinner
07-31-16, 07:26 AM
no extra dragons on my side,but I will be happy if I can get Overgrowth,only 165 parts for now,lame bombing.not very promesing but will see if I can get 300 until this ends.....

FieldsLikeB
08-02-16, 12:03 AM
I just put mine on the nest. I may try for a second. But the actual reason I got him this soon was starting with 58 eggs die to my lovely demolition dragon.

dragonv15
08-02-16, 08:48 AM
How much time do we have, has been published anywhere the end date?

zyfazix
08-02-16, 09:52 AM
This dragon should be in the mine until at least August 16th, since that's four full weeks. Probably one or week more than that.
There has only been one dragon where they put a timer in the mine at release, I'm not sure what dragon it was but it could've been Opal or Cursed Idol.

stevenlee2905
08-02-16, 09:57 AM
This dragon should be in the mine until at least August 16th, since that's four full weeks. Probably one or week more than that.
There has only been one dragon where they put a timer in the mine at release, I'm not sure what dragon it was but it could've been Opal or Cursed Idol.

It was Cursed Idol... I remember that clearly and they never put timer anymore after Cursed Idol.

DeeDe99
08-03-16, 06:29 AM
Two pieces to go. Just two.

monbohn
08-04-16, 03:06 PM
Only 82 pieces so far and 17 bombs accumulated. On average I think I get 2 pieces per bomb. Do I even have a shot at this? Maybe they'll do another one of those doubles pieces weekends?

Hawk1
08-04-16, 07:51 PM
14 to go

Bastiaan0
08-05-16, 12:07 PM
276 pieces so far, almost there :)

Sandybellee
08-05-16, 04:20 PM
Crafting now.

Bummed that I didn't find a prize egg in the mine. :( I don't know what I did wrong. Maybe the close and very close hints don't apply to the eggs.

busybee222
08-05-16, 08:07 PM
Lost 22 pieces after my game lose connection. That was 12 bombs I used! 12 bombs gone but the mining pieces not increase???? Make you wander if the game doesn't save shouldn't everything not saved? Why the 'spending' saved but not the 'gaining'???? 1 game 2 systems???

dala12
08-06-16, 01:49 AM
Wow! Got both dragons! I thought it was just a piece...but it is a whole dragon! Yes!

Hepatu
08-07-16, 02:25 AM
Crafting now and I got radioactive too and I didn't even saw it while mining it just appeared in the storage ☺

TwinkleTwiny
08-08-16, 02:50 AM
Crafting now and I got radioactive too and I didn't even saw it while mining it just appeared in the storage ☺

Lucky you, I have 223 pieces but still haven't found the extra dragons :(

Bastiaan0
08-08-16, 08:57 AM
Crafting just started :)

Megacharchar
08-08-16, 09:01 AM
Anyone know when this ends? I have 25 bombs but I'm not sure if I want to use them or save them for the next crafting dragon.... I still need a hundred and seventy piece to craft overgrowth so I'm not sure if I'll have time to find that many....thanks

byteme77
08-09-16, 11:45 AM
Halfway there I took the gamble they will have another 2x weekend hope I'm right or more time wasted and pieces in storage

zyfazix
08-10-16, 03:38 AM
Currently at 179 pieces averaging 2.24 pieces per bomb. If we only get 28 days I'll be a few pieces short of finishing

pernmagic
08-12-16, 02:37 PM
260. So far ..... Slow slow might just do it ..... No extra dragons either .....

freshfunin2008
08-12-16, 03:55 PM
I noticed we need 300 parts. Are we getting extra time to collect the extra 100 parts?

lenasdinner
08-15-16, 10:26 AM
I need 10 more pieces with 8 bombs in storage.so this dragon will be mine.....

TwinkleTwiny
08-15-16, 10:31 AM
I was afraid not to make it, but I only need 10 more pieces to craft it :)

insomniadreams88
08-15-16, 02:44 PM
Currently at 200 pieces, I may just make it.

raygill1
08-16-16, 01:20 AM
When does he leave, I've just started crafting him, cud do with a new dragon being realised so as not to waste bombs!

Kennedward
08-16-16, 06:32 AM
When does he leave, I've just started crafting him, cud do with a new dragon being realised so as not to waste bombs!

I'm wondering about that too, got over 1200 bombs waiting for the next one

random59
08-17-16, 03:07 PM

Crafting my 2nd now, would also like to know when it is leaving!

byteme77
08-17-16, 04:13 PM
Usually it's been the update following the weekend so expecting a double pieces weekend I hope and new dragon on monday

Kennedward
08-18-16, 06:41 AM
Usually it's been the update following the weekend so expecting a double pieces weekend I hope and new dragon on monday

I hope so too!

roguebee
08-18-16, 08:12 PM
Finally got around to collecting enough pieces to get the first one crafting.

starship412
08-18-16, 08:35 PM
Finally done with the Overgrowth. Now I'm just saving bombs too. Hopefully the next dragon will be twins like Stalagmite and Stalactite - those were cool.

chloesisland
08-18-16, 09:33 PM
I'm wondering about that too, got over 1200 bombs waiting for the next one

lol - 1200 bombs. You could craft an army of them.

monbohn
08-18-16, 10:05 PM
I've got 219 pieces and 13 bombs. I will definitely need either extra time or a bonus weekend to make it. I barely got both Stalagmite and Stalactites with the bonus weekend. Goodluck to everyone still working on this!

Kennedward
08-19-16, 06:04 AM
lol - 1200 bombs. You could craft an army of them.

Depends on how many pieces are required, if it's 300 like this one, then I can get around 4 or so

kooky panda
08-23-16, 10:51 AM
The option to Craft this dragon is ending on August 26!

amerirish
08-23-16, 11:10 AM
Yay! Can't wait to see the next one :D

monbohn
08-23-16, 01:21 PM
256/300 I can do this!! I hope. :)

777Xenon
08-23-16, 01:29 PM
Are the mining bonus dragons (scarab and radioactive) leaving as well? Or will they stay for the next dragon?

Florr06
08-23-16, 02:11 PM
Are the mining bonus dragons (scarab and radioactive) leaving as well? Or will they stay for the next dragon?

On the in-game notification of the dragon leaving 26th of August, they also showed the eggs... so I think they are leaving as well, a shame because I didn't get either of them despite mining several extra pieces. :( I wonder what is considered a "rare" drop, 1/100 chance, 1/500, 1/1000?

Denfarm9
08-23-16, 03:23 PM
Only 3 days left now. No way I can make it. I am a lousy miner. Lol. So will the pieces ever be used for something else or am I just stuck with them in my storage now??

random59
08-23-16, 03:27 PM
Only 3 days left now. No way I can make it. I am a lousy miner. Lol. So will the pieces ever be used for something else or am I just stuck with them in my storage now??

We have had one time when a dragon parts could be requested I can't remember now which one it was but request could be received and requested like Lotus flowers so you may get to use them.

......It was Venetian Glass

777Xenon
08-23-16, 08:04 PM
On the in-game notification of the dragon leaving 26th of August, they also showed the eggs... so I think they are leaving as well, a shame because I didn't get either of them despite mining several extra pieces. :( I wonder what is considered a "rare" drop, 1/100 chance, 1/500, 1/1000?

I saw that too, I figured (hoped) it was just a reminder that they could be found, not an ad of them expiring as well. I'm mad because I actually got Scarab, but due to a wifi glitch mishap, I lost it.

Kennedward
08-24-16, 06:01 AM
The option to Craft this dragon is ending on August 26!

Nice! I'm looking forward to the next one!

Clark_Wayne
08-24-16, 06:04 AM
Nice! I'm looking forward to the next one!

probably the sulfur dragon (cf thread about it) ;)

zyfazix
08-24-16, 06:38 AM
Even though I didn't mine anything last week I'll still have enough time to finish. 7 or 8 bombs are needed to get the final 17 pieces. Too bad crafting has to be during a Dragon Tales.

hiabarara
08-24-16, 06:45 AM
I only have about 170 pieces. I'm not even sure why. Sometimes I forget to bomb and then I'll lose some bombs because of the maximum of 25 bombs, so maybe that's why. It's a bit upsetting because I like Special Types, but what can you do. I guess the next dragon will need 300 pieces again, so I need to step up my game.

debrasbistro
08-24-16, 07:53 AM
Some of us really don't have enough. I hate to think I have wasted 260 pieces for nothing and I evolve constantly.

PinkBubbles75
08-24-16, 08:35 AM
I have 274 pieces now and no bombs. I have my titan dragon evolving now and then probably my soul dragon afterwards.. The timing could not be any worse... Crafting for the tales needs to be done.. which might not have been an issue for me.. if there was a double piece weekend or at least double pieces for the remainder of the time for this mining dragon. That would've allowed me to get last 20-something pieces I need way before I need to craft for the tales.

We'll see what happens...

gracelinda
08-24-16, 05:51 PM
I have always gotten the mining dragon except this time. This time also was the first time I did not get all the dragons in the community event...what was once possible without spending gems is no longer possible....I even have a miner dragon .....

meoconlunar
08-24-16, 05:59 PM
... I am about to craft the third Overgrowth dragon .
I haven't got any special egg @@ ....

zaccy678
08-24-16, 06:07 PM
Currently on 283 pieces!!

Kennedward
08-24-16, 06:12 PM
probably the sulfur dragon (cf thread about it) ;)

lol, doesn't matter, I'll get it within minutes

raygill1
08-25-16, 05:57 AM
Will we get a new mining dragon straight away, I will be on 25 bombs when overgrowth leaves (he's already sat in his habitats) and I'd rather use the bombs for food for tales than waste the new ones I get from evolving. As I have a max of 25 bombs in storage grrrrr.

zyfazix
08-25-16, 06:43 AM
Will we get a new mining dragon straight away, I will be on 25 bombs when overgrowth leaves (he's already sat in his habitats) and I'd rather use the bombs for food for tales than waste the new ones I get from evolving. As I have a max of 25 bombs in storage grrrrr.

The new one usually appears 4 hours after the previous dragon leaves.

amerirish
08-25-16, 06:52 AM

Typically the new mining dragon shows up around 3-4 hours after the old one goes away. So for me, the old one leaves around 1:00 PM (EST) and the new one will show up by about 5:00 PM (EST).

saghaven
08-25-16, 09:12 AM
Yeah, they timed this really badly considering we have to use the craft shop so much for the Tales. I'm only on 283 pieces. I've got 4 bombs left with 3 hours left on my Galaxy dragon which should give me 4 more. Hopefully I can get the last 17 pieces with that. I'll need to start crafting Overgrowth as soon as the White Glass is done because I'll need the craft shop again for Day 9 of the tales.

This dragon needed too many pieces and then they end it during an event that requires the crafting shop being used regularly. SMH

Natasha_07
08-25-16, 09:37 AM
I never got any eggs from mining and I still need pieces to get overgrowth. Guess I'll save my bombs for the next one that pops up. :(

zyfazix
08-25-16, 03:58 PM
Oh yeah on a sidenote. I didn't notice any spare dragons while mining. Maybe there's something in storage but I doubt it. If there is something though, let it be Scarab

freesiawoods
08-25-16, 09:23 PM
I thought they were always considerate not to coincide tge expiry with the tales. Guess they are hungry for gold. I was having DS fatigue so slacked off on the evolutions and will be missing this one anyway.

freesiawoods
08-25-16, 09:25 PM
Got a Scarab the other day, though I already have one but it was anice bonus.

zyfazix
08-26-16, 03:15 AM
Crafting started. Sped up an evolution to get it out of the way. No Scarab or Radioactive in storage.

empyress
08-26-16, 04:44 AM
280/300, sadness :(

I normally get the mining dragons, but I guess I will have 280 little rocks in inventory instead.

DragonflyRocket
08-28-16, 07:10 AM
FFS, too busy with the tales event and forgot to start crafting the dragon, had over 380 parts. 😭😭😭