PDA

View Full Version : Boardwalk Orders

mrysd
07-17-16, 10:55 AM
If you have one of the boardwalk orders that you can fill in the allowed time do you loose all the other items or get partial credit for what you did fill

izzyiza
07-17-16, 04:31 PM
If you have one of the boardwalk orders that you can fill in the allowed time do you loose all the other items or get partial credit for what you did fill

You get money for each order you fill out of the boardwalk orders but you will not get some of the balloons for tickets at the end. To get the balloons, tickets and pedestrians on the boardwalk, you must complete all boardwalk orders.

Rynetory2
07-17-16, 05:23 PM
You get money for each order you fill out of the boardwalk orders but you will not get some of the balloons for tickets at the end. To get the balloons, tickets and pedestrians on the boardwalk, you must complete all boardwalk orders.

Just to check. Have you gotten balloons when you didn't load all 9 orders?

davidyagi
07-17-16, 07:52 PM
Anyone knows what happens if you miss to finish the Boardwalk order? The order dissapears or a new order will appear...

Thanks in advance...

monstertop
07-17-16, 09:26 PM
Anyone knows what happens if you miss to finish the Boardwalk order? The order dissapears or a new order will appear...

Thanks in advance...

A whole set of 9 new orders come in with a new timer. Basically you start over.

bss0226
07-17-16, 11:58 PM
And you lose your place with the balloons. I was getting 8 balloons each time. I failed to complete one set and the next order gave me five balloons to pop. After completing a few such orders, I was back to 8.

I think the balloons you pop are 3 then 5 and finally 8.

DrP4ever
07-18-16, 02:04 AM
It is unfair when you get boardwalk items from factories you don't have. Built the factory now but the factory takes 12 hours to be usable so no help there. So I lost the items, got a few coins but no tickets. It is an all or nothing thing.

davidyagi
07-18-16, 08:51 AM

Thanks for your answer...

monstertop
07-18-16, 11:32 AM
And you lose your place with the balloons. I was getting 8 balloons each time. I failed to complete one set and the next order gave me five balloons to pop. After completing a few such orders, I was back to 8.

I think the balloons you pop are 3 then 5 and finally 8.

Oh wow, really? That's terrible. I should really get on top of the boardwalk orders over everything then.

bss0226
07-18-16, 03:58 PM
It is unfair when you get boardwalk items from factories you don't have. Built the factory now but the factory takes 12 hours to be usable so no help there. So I lost the items, got a few coins but no tickets. It is an all or nothing thing.
So agreed. I kept getting Boardwalk orders for 3 robobarristas (robots that serve coffee I think) and my factory was still in building. The next two or three orders also called for the "robos" and coffee too. It takes 6 coffee (at 90 minutes each) to make each "robo" and then 40 minutes to build. Plus the speakers and pliers. So time intensive and so hard to complete.

izzyiza
07-18-16, 07:45 PM
Just to check. Have you gotten balloons when you didn't load all 9 orders?

No balloons when I didn't load all the orders in time.

Thank you for letting me know. :) Rynetory2

DrP4ever
07-19-16, 01:22 AM
So agreed. I kept getting Boardwalk orders for 3 robobarristas (robots that serve coffee I think) and my factory was still in building. The next two or three orders also called for the "robos" and coffee too. It takes 6 coffee (at 90 minutes each) to make each "robo" and then 40 minutes to build. Plus the speakers and pliers. So time intensive and so hard to complete.

Yep,that's what I got to. No way to complete. And with only factory that makes tools and the tools are time intensive there is no way t fill up a boardwalk any more.

athenageez
07-19-16, 09:43 AM
I *REALLY* wish you could "give" completed items to the boardwalk delivery even if you haven't gotten the full set yet. IE a Boardwalk order for 5 Fruit Baskets and you have 3 completed. Just to free up inventory space when you need to collect a Pillow for Headphones but can't because of the stack of Fruit Baskets in the way :(

Chaotarch
07-20-16, 05:18 AM
I *REALLY* wish you could "give" completed items to the boardwalk delivery even if you haven't gotten the full set yet. IE a Boardwalk order for 5 Fruit Baskets and you have 3 completed. Just to free up inventory space when you need to collect a Pillow for Headphones but can't because of the stack of Fruit Baskets in the way :(

1000% yes:o:cool:

UnkelFester
07-20-16, 08:33 AM

Totally agree with this as well. Making 4 or 5 items for the boardwalk is difficult as you often end up using the items to fulfil a normal shop order instead. It would be good to be able to "put aside" items in the boardwalk which would also help if they were removed from your inventory too.

I failed to complete a boardwalk order yesterday as RL had to come first. I still got an order today which will give 5 balloons when completed, it didn't reduce back to 3 balloons. Are the orders which give 8 balloons harder to complete than for 5 or 3 balloons?

cdreams1980
07-20-16, 10:42 AM
I failed to complete a boardwalk order yesterday as RL had to come first. I still got an order today which will give 5 balloons when completed, it didn't reduce back to 3 balloons. Are the orders which give 8 balloons harder to complete than for 5 or 3 balloons?

I wouldn't say they are harder to complete, but I always seem to have two pieces of furniture required, two clothing items, and 2 of either the pancakes, tea, or toast. I try and get 2 of everything stocked up during the 8 hours before it unlocks so that I've got at least some form of a head start. It'd be nice if these items either required less than 2 of certain items of tradecraft and kitchenware factories - I'm always waiting on those in order to build something else.

zyfazix
07-20-16, 03:01 PM
I wouldn't say they are harder to complete, but I always seem to have two pieces of furniture required, two clothing items, and 2 of either the pancakes, tea, or toast. I try and get 2 of everything stocked up during the 8 hours before it unlocks so that I've got at least some form of a head start. It'd be nice if these items either required less than 2 of certain items of tradecraft and kitchenware factories - I'm always waiting on those in order to build something else.

I wish. My current order consists of 2 shoes, 4 t-shirts, 1 caramel popcorn, 5 herbal tea, 2 pillows, 4 tables, 5 sugar, 3 robobaristas and 3 cabinets. I've had these types of orders a couple of times and it's frustrating because it takes hours to finish, even when I prepare a few things in advance. I also check the exchange regularly but it never sells those complex items when there's a boardwalk order open, it's very frustrating.

Rynetory2
07-21-16, 06:04 AM

Yep,that's what I got to. No way to complete. And with only factory that makes tools and the tools are time intensive there is no way t fill up a boardwalk any more.

Why dont you activate your Boardwalk when your factory is done? This way you wont lose out the balloons.

plby
07-21-16, 06:22 AM
The orders are too demanding. This is the easiest I've had in days. No stove tops and only one multiple of tools this time... And I'm townhall level 14, how bad does this get on higher levels?
http://i67.tinypic.com/119xqaa.png

Chaotarch
07-21-16, 06:23 AM

after gotten the balloons you see the next orders and you can start the production of "hard" orders. - helps a lot:cool:
lol, this would be no fun:mad::

Rynetory2
07-21-16, 06:35 AM
after gotten the balloons you see the next orders and you can start the production of "hard" orders. - helps a lot:cool:
lol, this would be no fun:mad::

Yes we can preview but it doesn't help cos factory takes hours to construct, e.g. Toy factory at least 18hrs. I had a shipment of dolls orders so I activated my Boardwalk after my factory has completed.

monstertop
07-21-16, 07:57 PM
Why dont you activate your Boardwalk when your factory is done? This way you wont lose out the balloons.

So even if I see the boardwalk notification balloon on the material parts, if I don't click on the boardwalk orders themselves, I won't be activating it? Will it just sit with the same order previewed until I do click on it and that's when the 11/12 hour timer starts?

bss0226
07-21-16, 10:58 PM
So even if I see the boardwalk notification balloon on the material parts, if I don't click on the boardwalk orders themselves, I won't be activating it? Will it just sit with the same order previewed until I do click on it and that's when the 11/12 hour timer starts?

I don't understand this. What's to activate. I had a Boardwalk order that I previewed (saw the items required but no numbers). It has a countdown. After the countdown ended, I did nothing. I did not open the Boardwalk. I waited a few hours and then entered. I had about 9 hours left. So even doing nothing did not stop it from starting.

What did I do wrong?

zyfazix
07-22-16, 02:25 AM
I don't understand this. What's to activate. I had a Boardwalk order that I previewed (saw the items required but no numbers). It has a countdown. After the countdown ended, I did nothing. I did not open the Boardwalk. I waited a few hours and then entered. I had about 9 hours left. So even doing nothing did not stop it from starting.

What did I do wrong?

As far as I know the boardwalk orders start as soon as you open the game.

My current boardwalk order has been open for two hours and I still need to produce 5 pieces of furniture. I check the exchange every now and then but nothing useful besides some wrenches and jeans

Rynetory2
07-22-16, 08:01 AM

What did I do wrong?

My boardwalk timer always start to count down 12 hours when I click on it. Previously I let my factory built overnight and started the game and boardwalk the next morning. The timer was 12 hours even though the ship arrived during the night. The preview orders were the same as actual. I think it works like the Truck orders in FS2 when it activates when we click on it, at least for me here in Dream City. Or it might be as what zyfazix said, it starts on its own when you start game.

Let's keep an eye on this and post when we have more info. I'll try to see if I can find out more about this as well.

monstertop
07-22-16, 10:14 AM
It definitely activates when I start the game because I didn't click on Boardwalk orders once last night yet this morning, I see a timer counting down to the next one. Too bad since I finally was receiving 5 balloons but now I'm back to 3.

Rynetory2
07-24-16, 05:27 AM
I tested my boardwalk and you guys are correct - it activated when game started. On previous occasions I clicked on my boardwalk immediately when I started my game so I thought it started cos I clicked on it. So glad it's clear now. Thanks for your help. :)

bss0226
07-24-16, 09:44 AM
Yes. Very true. Now I know not to keep the game open if the Boardwalk orders will come due especially in the middle of the night