PDA

View Full Version : Not enough coins!

random59
07-17-16, 01:01 AM
32361 Is any other player have random messages pop up when either trying to collect coins, expand or even quest!

The only way I can remedy this is to force close and open game again, so frustrating!:confused:

Burrymillz
07-17-16, 08:08 AM
32361 Is any other player have random messages pop up when either trying to collect coins, expand or even quest!

The only way I can remedy this is to force close and open game again, so frustrating!:confused:

Gold trap

DeeDe99
07-17-16, 08:10 AM
Looks like a bug to me. Email support.

warrior61280
07-17-16, 01:03 PM
Definately not entirely sure on my math being correct; but, it looks like that amount of coins would cost $2538.45USD. Based on a 30% gold discount for the 2900 gold option. So instead of costing $99.99USD; it is only $69.99USD.

Total coins needed
2,103,588,903?
Coins in 500 gold increments
10,000,000=
Number of times purchased
210.3588903?
Gold in offer
500=
Total gold needed
105,179.44515?
Largest package of gold
2900=
Number of times needed to puchase
36.26877419?
Cost of package w/30% discount
69.99=
Total cost of gold needed

Please feel free to critique my logic and/or math. I am not me most of the due to medical condition which affects logic and thinking processes making it difficult to even do simple math anymore. Seeing how there are many players with 500 million coins or more, and there is a billionaire club forum; it is safe to assume that is a serious glitch. "Gold trap" would be a serious understatement if that was actually necessary the case. I am curious to know what you were trying to purchase when that popped up. What were you doing?

Burrymillz
07-17-16, 01:30 PM
Definately not entirely sure on my math being correct; but, it looks like that amount of coins would cost $2538.45USD. Based on a 30% gold discount for the 2900 gold option. So instead of costing $99.99USD; it is only $69.99USD.

Total coins needed
2,103,588,903?
Coins in 500 gold increments
10,000,000=
Number of times purchased
210.3588903?
Gold in offer
500=
Total gold needed
105,179.44515?
Largest package of gold
2900=
Number of times needed to puchase
36.26877419?
Cost of package w/30% discount
69.99=
Total cost of gold needed

Please feel free to critique my logic and/or math. I am not me most of the due to medical condition which affects logic and thinking processes making it difficult to even do simple math anymore. Seeing how there are many players with 500 million coins or more, and there is a billionaire club forum; it is safe to assume that is a serious glitch. "Gold trap" would be a serious understatement if that was actually necessary the case. I am curious to know what you were trying to purchase when that popped up. What were you doing?

By gold trap it's just a way for you to click for 500 Gold to be used obviously a bug but still a gold trap for 500 gold without a confirm button in this game anything can easily be considered a gold trap

random59
07-17-16, 03:32 PM
Thanks guys, yes it was telling me I needed to buy 2.1 billion of coins but that was my coin in total that I had! Someone must have thrown a spanner in the works yesterday for my game as it seems more stable to play today. I am aware of the gold traps in this game but I thought this was a little unusual, if this is a new trap, gamers beware!

warrior61280
07-17-16, 04:11 PM
Thanks guys, yes it was telling me I needed to buy 2.1 billion of coins but that was my coin in total that I had! Someone must have thrown a spanner in the works yesterday for my game as it seems more stable to play today. I am aware of the gold traps in this game but I thought this was a little unusual, if this is a new trap, gamers beware!

Avoiding a discussion regarding the ethics and behaviors of S8/TL and some forum users, I hope they get that issue resolved for you quickly and there aren't more users affected by this. Good luck with it!

[S8] Regina
07-18-16, 10:29 AM

Please email support@storm8.com so they can help you with your account. Thank you.

random59
07-20-16, 03:00 PM
Well I have sent a request to support to find out what is wrong with my game, no reply as yet. I have uninstalled the game and reinstalled it played fine for a day. I went to craft a vine sprout and low and behold I don't have the required coin, funny thing is you don't need coins to craft it. Also my coin total actually drops when this happens then I have to force close the game and a miracle happens when I restart the game my coin tally goes back to normal!32439[ATTACH=CONFIG]32440

[S8] Regina
07-20-16, 03:13 PM
Well I have sent a request to support to find out what is wrong with my game, no reply as yet. I have uninstalled the game and reinstalled it played fine for a day. I went to craft a vine sprout and low and behold I don't have the required coin, funny thing is you don't need coins to craft it. Also my coin total actually drops when this happens then I have to force close the game and a miracle happens when I restart the game my coin tally goes back to normal!32439[ATTACH=CONFIG]32440

Please PM me your ticket number so that we can have an agent take a look as soon as possible, thank you!

random59
07-24-16, 02:25 PM
32515 It has started again today, why can't my game be fixed! It appears to happen after I visit neighbours and thank them for maps, today so far I have received 24 maps, started with 30 and I haven't touched my Cartographers habitat or collected any from questing!

random59
07-25-16, 12:21 PM
32515 It has started again today, why can't my game be fixed! It appears to happen after I visit neighbours and thank them for maps, today so far I have received 24 maps, started with 30 and I haven't touched my Cartographers habitat or collected any from questing!

I am shocked an a little annoyed about the problems with my game not letting me do anything because I don't have enough coins.

It is actually my fault that I have too many coins apparently! I should spend some on habiats or decor, the only problem with that is that now I only buy premium habitats for gold and I have so many items of decor in storage it is not even funny. My current level is 190 and I only have about 2.2 billion coins and I am sure that there are many players who have more coin in their tally than mine.

WHat am I to do? Close my mine and stop being able to mine for food, stop spinning the wheel as it contains coin, stop collecting experience points as it also involves collecting coin from habitats or as Support has suggested to me I get them to remove coins from my tally?

I would appreciate your comments, thanks in advance!

DeeDe99
07-25-16, 01:20 PM
It should be simple enough for S8 to adjust your coin balance through the backend, with your written agreement. Yes, this is a workaround until they fix the underlying issue. Clearly saying it is your fault for having too many coins is an unacceptable response - the system should cope and if the backend has a limitation, there should be a resolution procedure in place. Ultimately every long term player will have the same problem.

Grow more food?

random59
07-25-16, 01:55 PM
It should be simple enough for S8 to adjust your coin balance through the backend, with your written agreement. Yes, this is a workaround until they fix the underlying issue. Clearly saying it is your fault for having too many coins is an unacceptable response - the system should cope and if the backend has a limitation, there should be a resolution procedure in place. Ultimately every long term player will have the same problem.

Grow more food?

LOL! When I am watching TV or relaxing I plant 10 minute crops at 8000 coin, it being the most expensive crop there is. ALways planting even up in the Arctic Isles as I need 1 more of the Diamond Hybrids, so trying my best!

kooky panda
07-25-16, 04:24 PM
I am shocked an a little annoyed about the problems with my game not letting me do anything because I don't have enough coins.

It is actually my fault that I have too many coins apparently! I should spend some on habiats or decor, the only problem with that is that now I only buy premium habitats for gold and I have so many items of decor in storage it is not even funny. My current level is 190 and I only have about 2.2 billion coins and I am sure that there are many players who have more coin in their tally than mine.

WHat am I to do? Close my mine and stop being able to mine for food, stop spinning the wheel as it contains coin, stop collecting experience points as it also involves collecting coin from habitats or as Support has suggested to me I get them to remove coins from my tally?

I would appreciate your comments, thanks in advance!

I see on another thread that you have been in contact with support. Please continue working with support.

Thanks!

[S8] Elsa
07-25-16, 05:26 PM
In case this helps anyone, this isn't an issue with the game so much as you've played so hard that you've exceeded the limitations of computer language (impressive!). The max positive integer for 32bit computer language is 2147483647. In any game, if you exceed this number, an error will happen that can manifest itself in different ways. In our games, it displays as a negative number, but your server amount is still positive and all of the Coins you earn are still added properly to your server total. The weird display you see is only a display.

This is rare and can only happen if you're a long-time, high-level player who collects Coins and rarely spends them. You'll need to contact Support for help with your account.