PDA

View Full Version : Festive Forest - Happy Birthday Fantasy Forest!

FlatFoot
07-14-16, 06:26 PM
The animals in the forest are all celebrating something big: A BIRTHDAY! Help the Birthday Bear get into the spirit with the Party Animal! Know knows, the Grand Unicorn may even make an appearance!

Thank you for two great years in the Fantasy Forest! Have fun everyone!

https://s3.amazonaws.com/uploads.hipchat.com/85245/2138147/9goumsLqs6X5wcx/upload.png

kooky panda
07-14-16, 07:14 PM
Chapters There are two level buckets now levels 10-20 and levels 21+

Levels 21 +

Looks like a Grand Unicorn (Gem/Rainbow) as the final prize.

Apparently S8 has established two different sets of requirements for High and Low level players for this event. The split seems to occur somewhere between levels 17 and 23. The following are the High Level requirements.

Chapter 1: 2 Acts
Act 1: Plant Mana Bananas x4 (Skip 4 Gems)
Act 2: Harvest Mana Bananas x3 (Skip 4 Gems)
Reward: 8,000 Apples
Unlock Chapter 2 (5 Gems)

Chapter 2: 2 Acts
Act 1: Plant Adventurnips x6 (Skip 12 Gems)
Act 2: Collect 40 Birthday Invites from Harvesting (Skip 40 Gems) (about 1.5/hour of harvesting)
Reward: Birthday Bear
Unlock Chapter 3 (10 Gems)

Chapter 3: 2 Acts
Act 1: Raise Birthday Bear to level 4 (Skip 15 Gems)
Act 2: Harvest Adventurnips x6 (Skip 24 Gems)
Reward: 10 Realm Ruins
Unlock Chapter 4 (15 Gems)

Chapter 4: 3 Acts
Act 1: Plant Spell Melons x5 (Skip 25 Gems)
Act 2: Hatch a Planther (Dark/Nature) (Skip 25 Gems)
Act 3: Raise Birthday Bear to level 7 (Skip 17 Gems)
Reward: 5,000 XP, 20,000 coins
Unlock Chapter 5 (20 Gems)

Chapter 5: 4 Acts
Act 2: Raise Birthday Bear to level 11 (Skip 21 Gems)
Act 3: Breed Pandaffodil with any other animal (Skip 25 Gems)
Act 4: Feed Planthers x25 (Skip 50 Gems)
Reward: Balloon Decoration x8
Unlock Chapter 6 (25 Gems)

Chapter 6: 4 Acts
Act 1: Raise Birthday Bear to level 15 (Skip 45 Gems)
Act 2: Plant Mana Bananas x6 (Skip 9 Gems)
Act 3: Feed Planthers x25 (Skip 50 Gems)
Act 4: Collect 36 Birthday Invites from Harvesting (Skip 36 Gems)
Reward: Party Animal
Unlock Chapter 7 (30 Gems)

Chapter 7: 3 Acts
Act 1: Hatch an Armordillo (Skip 25 Gems)
Act 2: Plant Mystic Mangos x5 (Skip 40 Gems)
Act 3: Raise Party Animal to Level 4 (Skip 14 Gems)
Reward: 8.000 Apples
Unlock Chapter 8 (35 Gems)

Chapter 8: 4 Acts
Act 2: Raise Party Animal to Level 7 (Skip 17 Gems)
Act 3: Feed Armordillo x25 (Skip 50 Gems)
Act 4: Collect 46 Wrapping Paper from Harvesting (Skip 70 Gems)
Reward: Cake decoration
Unlock Chapter 9 (45 Gems)

Chapter 9: 4 Acts
Act 1: Hatch a Turtisle (Skip 25 Gems)
Act 2: Feed Armordillos x25 (Skip 50 Gems)
Act 3: Breed Lightning Leopard with another animal (Skip 25 Gems)
Act 4: Raise Party Animal to Level 12 (Skip 22 Gems)
Reward: 10 Gems
Unlock Chapter 10 (50 Gems)

Chapter 10: 4 Acts
Act 1: Raise Party Animal to Level 15 (Skip 195 Gems)
Act 2: Harvest Mana Bananas x6 (Skip 24 Gems)
Act 3: Collect 55 Wrapping Paper from Harvesting (Skip 80 Gems)
Act 4: Feed Turtisles x25 (Skip 50 Gems)
Reward: Grand Unicorn

Birthday Bear
Type: Water/Earth
Incubation Time: 7 hours
Evolution Time: 6 Hours
Feed Schedule: C

Party Animal
Type: Nature/Fire
Incubation Time: 8 hours
Evolution Time: 5 Hours
Feed Schedule: D

Link to Feed Schedules: http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?92367-Food-schedule

kooky panda
07-15-16, 11:36 AM
Extra Information

The Event will automatically start on July 19.

19sparkles96
07-15-16, 11:36 AM
CH 1

The Forest was full of life this morning, but the Birthday Bear sat around solemnly, watching as other animals busily moved around the woods. It was the big celebration day, but he wasn't much of a partier. The Birthday Bear didn't know how to have fun!

CH 2

Animals of all shapes and sizes moved around the forest with gleeful expressions. Some carried presents, others held trays of food, and some toted decorations of all different colors. Birthday Bear watched all morning as his neighbors had fun getting ready for the big party, but he continued to sulk.

CH 3

Around midday, a neighboring Planther stopped as they saw the Birthday Bear just sitting there. They knew he was shy, but he was the Birthday Bear! This kind of event has his name written all over it. Not to mention, all the animals were saying that the Grand Unicorn was going to make an appearance.

CH 4

Upon hearing that the Grand Unicorn was going to attend the party, Birthday Bear sat up and decided that he should learn how to have some fun. He followed other animals around, trying to figure out what to do, but he couldn't think of anything.

CH 5

Almost at the point of giving up once again, the Birthday Bear was suddenly thrown to the ground! In a flash of bright colors and ringing bells, he saw another animal tumble alongside him. The two got up and immediately the Birthday Bear began to apologize, however, the other animal only laughed. It was the Party Animal, and he was slapping his knee in laughter!

CH 6

Always in good spirits, the Party Animal told Birthday Bear not to worry; it was a funny accident and neither was looking where they were going. As the Birthday Bear attempted to apologize one last time and walk away, the Party Animal swiftly grabbed his hand and pulled him as he skipped away. "You're the Birthday Bear! You belong at the party!", he stated.

CH 7

The two animals traveled through the Forest and towards the Party Peak, where the festivities would happen. First the Party Animal had the Birthday Bear help decorate. They strung up colorful flags and placed pretty rocks all around, but that was only the beginning!

CH 8

Later that day, the Party Animal brought a friend, the Swan Princess, to help teach Birthday Bear how to dance! It surprisingly came very naturally to the Birthday Bear, and the graceful Swan Princess gave him plenty of praise for his dancing s****s. Birthday Bear began to have a lot of fun and couldn't help but smile and shake his bum to the music.

CH 9

Right before the party truly kicked off, the Birthday Bear was lifted up high into the sky by a Pokey Pilot. Floating above the festivities, Birthday Bear got to see an aerial view of all the fun everyone in the Forest was having. He helped make this happen, even though he never thought he'd even attend in the first place!

CH 10

Birthday Bear was nominated to lead the procession with the Parade Pony, so he marched ahead with a big smile, and danced to the music. The night went on and everyone in the Forest was having a blast, but the party fully picked up when the Grand Unicorn appeared! Atop the Party Peak, high above, the Grand Unicorn danced, waving her gorgeous rainbow hair through the moonlight, casting rays of color down onto the party. It was without a doubt, the best night of the Birthday Bear's life! Happy 2nd birthday to Fantasy Forest!

sparklegirly
07-15-16, 11:41 AM
OOOOHH! Absolutely wonderful! I just need 8 more runes before I can place the Super Awesome Rainbow Mountain (Party Peak) Habitat! Way to go designers, this is the best game birthday ever!!!

ninasidstorm8
07-15-16, 11:43 AM

Apparently S8 has established two different sets of requirements for High and Low level players for this event. The split seems to occur somewhere between levels 17 and 23. The following are the High Level requirements.

Act 2: Collect 40 Birthday Invites from Harvesting (Skip 40 Gems) (about 1.5/hour of harvesting)

Birthday Bear

Party Animal

Link to Feed Schedules: http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?92367-Food-schedule

ogreve
07-15-16, 11:47 AM
Look at the elements of the Unicorn: Gem + Rainbow!!!!
Must have!!!!!!
What a great way for those who don't have the Crystal Unicorn to kickstart gem breeding!
Really nice update, I love this storybook and the new animals and habitat!

Oooh, and ehhh, happy birthday FFS! :P

31aug2002
07-15-16, 11:48 AM
Love it!!
Had thought that as it is a birthday celebration the habitat would be for coins as a gift !!!
Still love it , especially the rainbow unicorn!!

Sandybellee
07-15-16, 11:50 AM
Must have!!!!!!
What a great way for those who don't have the Crystal Unicorn to kickstart gem breeding!

Was just going to post about it! Gem and rsinbow! This is a definite must have! I'm really excited and started right away.

Good luck, everyone! :)

Cdnfroglover
07-15-16, 11:51 AM
Gem and Rainbow! 🌈💎 Cool! Count me in! The bear is adorable too.

31aug2002
07-15-16, 11:56 AM
Need to immediately make space for the habitat.... Need to expand ... Aaahhh !!!

Clark_Wayne
07-15-16, 12:11 PM
i want the Unicorn ! :D

ch1 : 2 acts
- plant banana mana x4
- harvest banana mana x4
reward : 8000 apples

ch2 : 2 acts
- plant adventurenips x6 (skip : 12 gems)
- collect 40 birthday invits from FARMS (skip : 40 gems)
reward : birthday bear (water earth, hatching 7h, evolving ?h )

ch3 : 2 acts
- raise birthday bear to level 4 (skip : 15 gems)
- harvest adventurenips x6 (skip : 24 gems)
reward : 10 expansion runes

ch4 : 3 acts
- plant spell melons x5 (skip : 25 gems)
- hatch planther (dark nature, 10h)
- raise birthday bear to level 7
reward : XP and coins

ch5

MelodicStars
07-15-16, 12:12 PM
What happened to the fourth animal? It couldn't have possibly been just a rock with balloons xD

ninasidstorm8
07-15-16, 12:19 PM
What happened to the fourth animal? It couldn't have possibly been just a rock with balloons xD

I am surprised it is not the prize for an 18-round tournament starting today. My guess is that it will be the prize for a 30-round tournament that starts with the next update.

kingkobra73
07-15-16, 12:35 PM
How do you know what the elements are going to be? Are you guessing that it's rainbow and gem or do you really know that's what it's going to be? Thank you

MelodicStars
07-15-16, 12:38 PM
I am surprised it is not the prize for an 18-round tournament starting today. My guess is that it will be the prize for a 30-round tournament that starts with the next update.
Ah I see. I can't wait either way!

Eluzyion
07-15-16, 12:39 PM
How do you know what the elements are going to be? Are you guessing that it's rainbow and gem or do you really know that's what it's going to be? Thank you

If you open storybook and click the info "I" on the unicorn it shows its ultra rare 300 coins/hour and that its rainbow/gem element

Eluzyion
07-15-16, 12:47 PM
Ch. 1

Act 1: plant mana bananas 4x
Act 2: harvest mana bananas 4x
REWARD: 8000 apples

Ch. 2

Act 1: plant adventurnips 6x
Act 2: collect birthday invites from harvesting 40x

FlatFoot
07-15-16, 01:03 PM
I wanted to make some special for everyone. Glad you like it!

Eluzyion
07-15-16, 01:05 PM

Love it! Thank you!! Happy birthday FFS!

Scangelina
07-15-16, 01:22 PM
Love It, Love It, Love It!!!! Gotta have/get the Unicorn. I just hope I can get on to do the tasks as needed to complete the story. I haven't been able to get on since the World Event due to game crashing. I guess there is nothing I can do about that. Happy Birthday anyway FFS🎉

Doompicnic
07-15-16, 01:38 PM
Oooh Love all the animals. Good luck everyone!

Natasha_07
07-15-16, 01:47 PM

The unicorn is really cool looking, do we get the cake pictured too ?

Buttercup0001
07-15-16, 02:07 PM
Love them all and another Unicorn :) ain't we lucky. Good luck to all. I'll be starting the storybook in a few hours (have snuck away from work to post this) ;)

supster50
07-15-16, 02:16 PM
any one know what elements are for the Party Animal yet ?

judyandthecat
07-15-16, 02:50 PM
Is there an add me thread for fantasy Forest like on dragon story...
See we need invites so I need active neighbours
We need forty invites in chapter two!

Thank you Clark_Wayne

Found it!

http://forums.storm8.com./showthread.php?91155-Fantasy-Forest-May-June-July-2016/page2

kingkobra73
07-15-16, 02:57 PM
If you open storybook and click the info "I" on the unicorn it shows its ultra rare 300 coins/hour and that its rainbow/gem element
Wow I feel dumb thank you for explaining. Good luck on the story book

Cdnfroglover
07-15-16, 03:21 PM
Is there an add me thread for fantasy Forest like on dragon story...
See we need invites so I need active neighbours
We need forty invites in chapter two!

Thank you Clark_Wayne

Found it!

http://forums.storm8.com./showthread.php?91155-Fantasy-Forest-May-June-July-2016/page2

Happy to be your neighbour Judy! But the invites in chapter two are collected by harvesting food hon! ☺

judyandthecat
07-15-16, 03:29 PM
Happy to be your neighbour Judy! But the invites in chapter two are collected by harvesting food hon! ☺

Haha the old lady from Canada puts on the dunce cap and goes and sits in the corner

Atlantis536
07-15-16, 03:31 PM
The story is unusually short now, but hey, I like the Grand Unicorn!

Cdnfroglover
07-15-16, 03:35 PM
Haha the old lady from Canada puts on the dunce cap and goes and sits in the corner

Heck no! Easy mistake to be made. Hello from a fellow cdn!

Clark_Wayne
07-15-16, 04:20 PM
IMPORTANT : birthday invits are from farms ! NOT from neighbors ! ;)

Tigerqueen123
07-15-16, 05:54 PM
Rainbow and gem element, so cute! Hope I finish the storybook in time. Can't wait to get these animals, mostly the unicorn!

jojopeanut
07-15-16, 06:00 PM
Love it!!! Unfortunately we didn't get the habitat for coins Happy Birthday :)

sparklegirly
07-15-16, 06:12 PM
I hope someone can answer my question.
I need 8 runes before I hit the max limit, but one of the rewards is 10 runes. So when I get the reward I will only get 8 runes?

NeoGeneration
07-15-16, 06:12 PM
I'm a bit confused... How come my grand prize is showing the Grand Unicorn, but my friend's grand prize is the Party Animal? (He's understandably a bit bummed about it.)

19sparkles96
07-15-16, 07:31 PM
I'm a bit confused... How come my grand prize is showing the Grand Unicorn, but my friend's grand prize is the Party Animal? (He's understandably a bit bummed about it.)

If that's true, it looks like they have split out the Storybook into High and Low level categories. I'm going to check my low level account and verify.

19sparkles96
07-15-16, 07:41 PM

I have confirmed it, there is now a HIGH and LOW level category for the Storybooks. My level 39 game has the Grand Unicorn as the prize, whereas my level 17 game has the Party Animal as the prize. The requirements for Chapter 2 are slightly different also, Act 1 = Plant 5 Adventurnips Skip 10 gold as opposed to the High Level Act 1= Plant 6 Adventurnips Skip 12 gold.

Luckily I foresaw this eventuality and have been stockpiling the gems on my level 17 game. I shall add it to my busy schedule this weekend (Between the Low, Mid, and High Dragon Story Tales & NOW Low & High FFS Storybooks) and work on posting the videos of my completed screenshots.

tuffyjkitten
07-15-16, 08:30 PM
Just read about the different prizes. Hubby is level 23 and he has the unicorn as the prize. Trying to help determine where the low-high split occurs.

19sparkles96
07-15-16, 08:42 PM
Aaaaand, great! In middle of all this work and the power is down. Not expected to be fixed for awhile per power company rep. At least my hot spot on cell phone has unlimited data.

tuffyjkitten
07-15-16, 11:22 PM
Slightly off topic but...I saw the feeding schedule for the birthday bear was posted. Is there a link to the list of feeding schedules and the requirements somewhere? I can't seem to find it....thanks!

goddard7006
07-16-16, 12:17 AM
Slightly off topic but...I saw the feeding schedule for the birthday bear was posted. Is there a link to the list of feeding schedules and the requirements somewhere? I can't seem to find it....thanks!

Go here:

http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?92367-Food-schedule

litabelaqua
07-16-16, 01:01 AM
Must have!!!!!!

Oooh, and ehhh, happy birthday FFS! :P

'Not available through breeding' so I don't think you can breed with it unfortunately

twofarmlovers
07-16-16, 02:32 AM
maybe we can breed grand unicorn with any other animal.

litabelaqua
07-16-16, 02:49 AM
Does anyone know the breeding time for a planther?

judyandthecat
07-16-16, 02:58 AM
Does anyone know the breeding time for a planther?

Ten hours

NannaSherry
07-16-16, 03:17 AM
I hope someone can answer my question.
I need 8 runes before I hit the max limit, but one of the rewards is 10 runes. So when I get the reward I will only get 8 runes?

Hey Sparklegirly! When you earn the reward from the act, the runes automatically go into your storage. So when you expand and pay the runes and money, they deduct it from that. Kind of like a bank. So you should have the remaining few runes left. I.E. if you need 70 and you have 72, it'll leave you the 2 runes remaining in storage. The only time you get gypped is in the mine shaft. You need 70 and say you're at 69. If you hit 2 runes, you only get the one. As when the mine shaft hits it's limit to expand that's it. Even if people can't play the story book all the way through, it's good to play it as long as you can to earn some of the rewards and especially runes, as for me they are hard to come by and are the key to expansion. Best of luck.

Sandybellee
07-16-16, 04:08 AM
I don't want to take any chances with this one so I bred for the Planther already and got it. So breeding will be at a standtill for a couple of days.
I really want to get the habitat but won't do it yet in case I need gems for something during the storybook.

Cdnfroglover
07-16-16, 04:37 AM
I don't want to take any chances with this one so I bred for the Planther already and got it. So breeding will be at a standtill for a couple of days.
I really want to get the habitat but won't do it yet in case I need gems for something during the storybook.

I'm in the same boat as you. I've breed Planther while trying for other things a billion times, so I figured Murphys law... I'll likely have a hard time. Got it first try, now I'll have to remember not to move it from the den for now! (Of course, as always when breeding dark and nature, I was secretly hoping for a Trick or Treent fail! Denied again!)

supster50
07-16-16, 04:40 AM
Can the Grand Unicorn be bred since the Peacock and the Lion cannot be bred ?

Sakrysta
07-16-16, 07:02 AM
The problem with that is we have to hatch and raise the Birthday Bear to level 4 on day 3 before hatching the Planther on day 4. So you might as well hatch the one you have now if you want to use your nest in the meantime. If you have room you can at least stick it somewhere to use to fulfill feeding steps cheaply (if there are any).

Edit: I just realized that if it's still in the breeding den, then you're okay. Maybe you can get something out of storage while you wait! :)

Cdnfroglover
07-16-16, 07:45 AM
The problem with that is we have to hatch and raise the Birthday Bear to level 4 on day 3 before hatching the Planther on day 4. So you might as well hatch the one you have now if you want to use your nest in the meantime. If you have room you can at least stick it somewhere to use to fulfill feeding steps cheaply (if there are any).

Edit: I just realized that if it's still in the breeding den, then you're okay. Maybe you can get something out of storage while you wait! :)

Yep... I have the bear in the evolution flower at the moment, the fireworks treent on the nest and the planther in the den 😉

19sparkles96
07-16-16, 09:01 AM
For the LOW levels Storybook, the animals you earn are the Birthday Bear, Sidekicker, and Party Animal.

Sandybellee
07-16-16, 09:13 AM

Yes, it's still in the den and the Bear is on the nest. :)

Sandybellee
07-16-16, 09:14 AM
Yep... I have the bear in the evolution flower at the moment, the fireworks treent on the nest and the planther in the den 😉

Glad you at least get to hatch a treent although it's not the Tricky one. :)

ninasidstorm8
07-16-16, 09:38 AM
I updated Post #6 with High Level requirements for Chapters 5 through 10. Looks like fewer breeding steps for this Storybook as compared to the last one but more feeding steps.

ninasidstorm8
07-16-16, 09:49 AM
Chapter 2 went smoothly, and the Birthday Bear is safely on the nest ready to start the process of hatching and evolving to level 15. I was lucky enough to breed an Electrocutie on a last ditch attempt yesterday shortly before the update. Since it has a 23 hour incubation time, I decided to let it remain in the Den until I finished Chapter 2, so the Birthday Bear can hatch. It looks like my next breeding attempt (in about 6 1/2 hours)will be for the Planther required in Chapter 4, since a Planther will be ready to leave the nest about the time Chapter 4 starts, if I am successful.

Sandybellee
07-16-16, 10:46 AM
I updated Post #6 with High Level requirements for Chapters 5 through 10. Looks like fewer breeding steps for this Storybook as compared to the last one but more feeding steps.

Thank you! Looks like we need room for a lot of animals that need to be fed.

sparklegirly
07-16-16, 11:33 AM
Hey Sparklegirly! When you earn the reward from the act, the runes automatically go into your storage. So when you expand and pay the runes and money, they deduct it from that. Kind of like a bank. So you should have the remaining few runes left. I.E. if you need 70 and you have 72, it'll leave you the 2 runes remaining in storage. The only time you get gypped is in the mine shaft. You need 70 and say you're at 69. If you hit 2 runes, you only get the one. As when the mine shaft hits it's limit to expand that's it. Even if people can't play the story book all the way through, it's good to play it as long as you can to earn some of the rewards and especially runes, as for me they are hard to come by and are the key to expansion. Best of luck.

That is good to know, thank you.

Game developers please make Spell Melons available for small Farms, even if only during Storybook events. I always have to skip that step because I will not use the Big or Grand Farms due to the large spaces they take up.

Eluzyion
07-16-16, 11:49 AM
Chapter 5 (4acts)

1: plant adventurnips 6x
2: raise birthday bear to lvl 11
3: breed panfodil with another animal
4: feed planther 25x

Reward: ?

Eluzyion
07-16-16, 11:52 AM

Thank you I had missed it!

Eluzyion
07-16-16, 12:51 PM
Does anyone know the strength and weaknesses of the Rainbow element? I'm really excited to get this Grand Unicorn but I haven't been able to test rainbow against many other elements. Thank you

Cdnfroglover
07-16-16, 12:58 PM
Glad you at least get to hatch a treent although it's not the Tricky one. :)

Me too! Thanks. He's my first treent, excited to finally have one! 🌳 The tournaments are sometimes tricky without them!

Wow! There is alot of feeding steps in the higher chapters... I may have to gem out of some of that! 😯

ninasidstorm8
07-16-16, 12:59 PM
Does anyone know the strength and weaknesses of the Rainbow element? I'm really excited to get this Grand Unicorn but I haven't been able to test rainbow against many other elements. Thank you

Look at post #117 in the following thread: http://forum.storm8.com/showthread.php?83277-Battlegrounds-amp-Tournaments-Strategy-Guide-amp-Discussion/page12

Buttercup0001 has posted some information.

ThynaSmith
07-16-16, 04:03 PM
OMG, I'm a little bit late to start (still gathering as much food as I can) but this one is a definite must have! Rainbow and Gem together! Now we're talking!

Atlantis536
07-16-16, 05:17 PM
What's the Pokey Pilot and the Parade Pony?

ninasidstorm8
07-16-16, 05:44 PM
First try for the Planther is a 15-hour Spruce Moose. With a 23-hour egg on the nest, I'll won't get another try until tomorrow. A Planther on the next try will still work out alright since it could hit the nest first thing in the morning after Chapter 4 starts. Falling behind in Chapter 4 is not too bas since there is time in Chapters 5 & 6 to catch up but I hope not to fall behind.

Birthday Bear in the Evolution Flower for it's first turn. I should get it back in for a second turn before bed.

Eluzyion
07-16-16, 06:08 PM
Z
Look at post #117 in the following thread: http://forum.storm8.com/showthread.php?83277-Battlegrounds-amp-Tournaments-Strategy-Guide-amp-Discussion/page12

Buttercup0001 has posted some information.
Thank you!

wookiee77
07-16-16, 09:22 PM
Well worth it for the final prize! I think I might try for the feeding animals before starting though as I don't mind skipping the breeding if I know I can still feed existing ones, as the skipping costs aren't that high...

Thanks so much for the steps, very very helpful! :)

tuffyjkitten
07-17-16, 01:46 AM
Thanks for the link to the feed schedules! Luckily I have babies of all the required feeding animals this time in case I have bad luck breeding. I did get the Planther on the first try so hopefully I get the rest as easily.

CocoMom101
07-17-16, 07:44 AM
IMPORTANT : birthday invits are from farms ! NOT from neighbors ! ;)

Yes, I received 30 invites from a 20 Rune Prune harvest.

ninasidstorm8
07-17-16, 04:18 PM
Second try for the Planther resulted in the desired 10 hour timer. I'll have to wait 15 hours for a Spruce Moose fail to leave the nest. So my hatching step will be moving the egg to the nest tomorrow morning. I'll have plenty of time to plant the Spell Melons for Chapter 4 Act 1. I'll need to wait a few hours to hatch the Planther for Act 2. My Birthday Bear is in the Evolution Flower and will be at level 10 in a few hours so Act 3 will autocomplete. So I should have Chapter 4 complete about 7 hours after it starts.

Buttercup0001
07-17-16, 06:56 PM
Hey all :D

Chapters 1 through to 3 have been smooth sailing. I'll be starting chapter 4 in 6 hrs. I was lucky enough to have bred a planther first try. Hope that the breeding luck continues for me when I need to breed the Armordillo in chapter 7 and a Turtlisle in chapter 9. My Birthday Bear, Bubble (such a cute name for an even cuter bear), has been evolved to level 10.

Huge thanks to Kooky panda and ninasidstorm8 for posting the chapters of the storybook, very helpful in planning for each of the chapters.

federerGOAT
07-17-16, 07:31 PM
When does the storybook autostart?
Depleted my food leveling up cyclops just before the event started and now trying to buid up my reserve again.
I really want that final prize and hope to get around 90-100K of food (66K so far) before storybook starts.

ninasidstorm8
07-17-16, 08:01 PM
When does the storybook autostart?
Depleted my food leveling up cyclops just before the event started and now trying to buid up my reserve again.
I really want that final prize and hope to get around 90-100K of food (66K so far) before storybook starts.

It will auto start on July 19.

federerGOAT
07-17-16, 08:57 PM
It will auto start on July 19.

Thanks.
Doesn't give me much time.

sibilare
07-18-16, 12:33 AM
I just started chapter 4, act 1, plant 5 spell melons. I planted 6 and it did not update progress. Still says 0 out of 5.

Anyone else having this issue?

Any advice? I don't have 25 gems to skip.

str8upwild
07-18-16, 03:57 AM
Chapter 5 (4acts)

1: plant adventurnips 6x
2: raise birthday bear to lvl 11
3: breed panfodil with another animal
4: feed planther 25x

Reward: ?

ThanKs for the heads up! :cool:

ninasidstorm8
07-18-16, 07:31 AM
I just started chapter 4, act 1, plant 5 spell melons. I planted 6 and it did not update progress. Still says 0 out of 5.

Anyone else having this issue?

Any advice? I don't have 25 gems to skip.

You need to actually start Chapter 4 and see the screen to Plant the Spell Melons before planting them. If you did, try to force close the game and restart to see if that helps. If not, I would try planting them again. It will cost you 5 hours but it should work and you have plenty of time to complete the Chapter.

ninasidstorm8
07-18-16, 07:47 AM
Completed Chapter 4 with no issues. I planted the 5 crops of Spell Melons this morning to complete Act 1. I had to wait a few hours for my Spruce Moose fail to leave the nest. When I moved the Planther egg to the nest, it completed Act 2. My Birthday Bear was already at level 9, so Act 3 autocompleted and Chapter 4 completed.

Birthday Bear in the Evolution Flower for the final time. Since Chapter 5 only requires breeding with a Pandaffodil, I decided to make a breeding attempt for the Comet Cougar and ended up with a 13 hour fail (Dream Bat). Once that egg reaches the nest, I will probably keep my Breeding Den clear until tomorrow morning for Chapter 5 Act 3 (Breed Pandaffodil with any other animal). I will probably end up breeding Dark/Nature to meet this requirement to get a Spring Wing or Trick or Treent.

MauiLady7
07-18-16, 11:47 AM
That is good to know, thank you.

Game developers please make Spell Melons available for small Farms, even if only during Storybook events. I always have to skip that step because I will not use the Big or Grand Farms due to the large spaces they take up.

I agree This is where I get stuck every time, and might as well stop from here as it takes 25 hours to do the melons . Just for the event!

saucysammis
07-18-16, 01:06 PM
I'm pretty excited. After an Aurora Pegasus fail I got the perk of a spring wing...or lunar moth? Fail (creature I really wanted) followed by the desired Planther in the den in perfect timing to complete today's goal before the next goal starts! Yay! The Birthday bear is evolving to 15 at the moment. There's just a little less than 100,000 foods in the forest due to feeding that hungry goldfish but with diligence on the charm cherries I think I'll get by.

Where will the rainbow unicorn reside in your forest?!

For me, I would usually place it in the new habitat that it "comes with" BUT:

With this new gem/rainbow unicorn I can keep a family of 4 different looking gem Unicorns all in one Grand habitat.

Here is the scenario: I have 2 Grand gem habitats. Since 2 Ruby Razorbacks and a Garnet Griffin have arrived One of the habitats is currently home to a family of 3 unicorns. For interest, each one is looking different because I kept them at different display levels- (Lvl 15, Lvl 9, & Lvl 1). There really is no 4th "look" so I probably won't keep another duplicate. I am facing adding -haha- some other gem creature to the 4th spot, or leaving a precious space open, or eventually adding a large gem habitat and moving all 3 to it and using the grand for all the gem creatures that will someday enter the forest!

So- thanks for the birthday rainbow unicorn, I hope we all achieve the goals! If I stare at the nest will it go faster?

Cdnfroglover
07-18-16, 05:04 PM
I kinda have to put the Grand Unicorn in the new Rainbow habitat (that I have already bought!) I do not have enough coin at the moment to upgrade my gem habitat to grand, it already has two unicorn residents! But nevermind where's it going to live. I want to know, what are you going to name your new friends?! I named the birthday bear Wish. 🎉

saucysammis
07-18-16, 06:14 PM
I kinda have to put the Grand Unicorn in the new Rainbow habitat (that I have already bought!) I do not have enough coin at the moment to upgrade my gem habitat to grand, it already has two unicorn residents! But nevermind where's it going to live. I want to know, what are you going to name your new friends?! I named the birthday bear Wish. ��

You will laugh. I name all my creatures with the name that they are. Most names are too long so I have a lot of abbreviations. So the birthday bear is - at the moment- named BirthyB

Eluzyion
07-18-16, 07:27 PM
You will laugh. I name all my creatures with the name that they are. Most names are too long so I have a lot of abbreviations. So the birthday bear is named BirthyB

I'm laughing! But it's because I do that too! Lol my birthday bear is BdayBear haha it's quicker to find an animal in breeding/battle when they're name is bold like that ;) my Grand Unicorn will go into my large gem habitat with Jade Kirin and Valkyrie as my small gem habitat has 2 Crystal Unicorns living there :) Good luck to everyone!

Cdnfroglover
07-18-16, 07:30 PM
You will laugh. I name all my creatures with the name that they are. Most names are too long so I have a lot of abbreviations. So the birthday bear is named BirthyB

I am laughing! That's cute. Starting to feel like I'm the only one who goes through the trouble of naming them... but I can't help myself!

abbyvaleriayana
07-18-16, 09:33 PM
Am I the only one using a whole bunch of the nexus nuts. I only need 15,000 more food (plant nexus nuts 3 times in all 6 farms) to feed off the party animal and then save some for the up to level 4 animals. So I'm hoping to get the unicorn. Anyone have any more advice bout gaining food cuz I'm also doing battles as much as possible. U can give or take my advice/to me.

str8upwild
07-18-16, 11:57 PM
Am I the only one using a whole bunch of the nexus nuts. I only need 15,000 more food (plant nexus nuts 3 times in all 6 farms) to feed off the party animal and then save some for the up to level 4 animals. So I'm hoping to get the unicorn. Anyone have any more advice bout gaining food cuz I'm also doing battles as much as possible. U can give or take my advice/to me.

Nope, I had over 7 million in both my accounts and have been doing the same thing. I've leveled up 3 levels since storybook started. Already have Birthday Bear in both accounts to Lvl 15 :cool:

str8upwild
07-19-16, 02:25 AM

Birthday Bear

Party Animal

Just bringing to front page :cool:

Sandybellee
07-19-16, 02:40 AM
Chapter 5 went quickly as I had 2 Planthers to feed. Now I have an Armodillo on the nest and a Turtisle in the den so I won't be doing any breeding until I hatch the Armordillo the day after tomorrow. Just not taking any chances with the Unicorn. I will have to wait to hatch the Party Animal after I hatch the Armordillo which will cost some time though.

RenZenGoddess
07-19-16, 04:10 AM
I am supposed to breed for and get a Turtisle. What cobination is supposed to give this?

Buttercup0001
07-19-16, 04:23 AM
I am supposed to breed for and get a Turtisle. What cobination is supposed to give this?
Water and nature combination.

Buttercup0001
07-19-16, 04:37 AM
Chapter 5 is completed. My Birthday Bear, Bubble, is now on Epic level and looks great in the Party Peak habitat. Bred my Pandaffodil with my Lightning Leopard, resulting in an 16hr breed (fail), though I do need bombs to mine with.
I feed my infant Plantler 15 times, elvoved it, I sped up the last 6hrs, didn't need to, but wanted to complete the final act in the chapter.

RenZenGoddess
07-19-16, 05:31 AM
Thank you!

Mrsveralorraine
07-19-16, 05:52 AM
I am only at level 20 so only getting the party animal. I see the steps for the higher level. Do anyone know the levels for the lower level? I breeded the planther ahead of time for nothing as the lower left cause for breeding a tortoise.

litabelaqua
07-19-16, 07:25 AM
I'm pretty excited. After an Aurora Pegasus fail I got the perk of a spring wing...or lunar moth? Fail (creature I really wanted) followed by the desired Planther in the den in perfect timing to complete today's goal before the next goal starts! Yay! The Birthday bear is evolving to 15 at the moment. There's just a little less than 100,000 foods in the forest due to feeding that hungry goldfish but with diligence on the charm cherries I think I'll get by.

Where will the rainbow unicorn reside in your forest

While I have the room in my forest I will keep all my gem animals in their own individual small gem habitat as this maximises earnings from them. I cannot justify the cost of a grand gem habitat. The small gem habitat costs $340,000 and can contain earnings up to 50k. The grand gem habitat costs a whopping $6.1 million!!! but contains only 30k more earnings at 80k. I could not put 4 gem animals into 1 large gem habitat without constantly hitting the $80k earnings limit

ninasidstorm8
07-19-16, 09:29 AM
Chapter 5 went smoothly. I planted 6 farms with Adventurnips first thing in the morning to complete Act 1. My Birthday Bear was already at level 15 so Act 2 autocompleted (level 11 required). My Breeding Den was empty do I bred an animal (Aurora Pegasus) with a Pandaffodil to complete Act 3. I had 2 baby Planthers ready to feed, so I fed one 15 times and the second one 10 times to complete the 25 feedings required for Act 4. This completed Chapter 5.

My breeding attempt resulted in a Planther fail while trying for a Trick or Treent. I put one of the Planthers that I fed for Chapter 5 in the Evolution Flower in preparation for the 25 feedings required for Chapter 6. I plan to feed that Planther for Chapter 6 and then sell it and replace it with the new Planther that I have in the Breeding Den in preparation for future events. My goal at the end of the event is to finish with two Planthers, baby and one at level 4.

The latest Planther egg will move to the nest shortly after today’s update. Since the next breeding requirement for the Storybook is to bred an Armordillo for Chapter 7, I have one free breeding attempt, I will wait until after today’s update to decide what to breed.

The first half of the Storybook is complete, hopefully the second half will go just as well. Good Luck to everyone participating.

chickenladyx14
07-19-16, 10:50 AM
I will be finishing Chapter 8 when the farms are ready in 2 hours and then I will probably speed up to Chapter 9. Both party animals are at max level 15 and I have enough apples to finish feeding the Turtisles and Armordillos.
I sped up the storybook as I will be leaving for a 10 day trip to Vegas in a few days and want to make sure I get the beautiful Grand Unicorn!
I was lucky to have had great success breeding the animals needed. That doesn't happen very often. :D
GOOD LUCK EVERYONE!!!

Silverrain1
07-19-16, 12:12 PM
I always try to wait till the last possible moment to do this to make sure my food is as high as it can be. So I'm just about to finish chapter 2. Woo. Only now I wanna try for the new pony but there will b breeding for the story book to do on top of that. So hopefully all will go well

Tigerqueen123
07-19-16, 02:08 PM
Wait, I was looking at the chapter descriptions and I passed chapter four and I did not have to hatch a planther..... What is going on!?!?!?😓

Cdnfroglover
07-19-16, 02:11 PM
Wait, I was looking at the chapter descriptions and I passed chapter four and I did not have to hatch a planther..... What is going on!?!?!?😓

Are you playing in the lower levels? We have discovered that lower level players have a different storybook...

saucysammis
07-19-16, 02:52 PM
While I have the room in my forest I will keep all my gem animals in their own individual small gem habitat as this maximises earnings from them. I cannot justify the cost of a grand gem habitat. The small gem habitat costs $340,000 and can contain earnings up to 50k. The grand gem habitat costs a whopping $6.1 million!!! but contains only 30k more earnings at 80k. I could not put 4 gem animals into 1 large gem habitat without constantly hitting the $80k earnings limit

I believe you are speaking of the Large gem habitat which holds 3 creatures. It is definitely more economical in both cost and earnings to use the small gem habitat to start. The grand gem habitat is the one that costs gems to purchase and holds 4 creatures. It was recently on sale for 200 gems. I bought 2 on sale over a year ago before I had gem animals because ..it was there..for 100 gems that I had 200 of...I was considering maximizing space and coin at the time, they were cheap and beautiful. It was months before they had even one creature between the 2 of them! All this time and there's 2 spots left. Now, well, I've accumulated nearly 9 hundred million coins and I could fill my forest with those large gem habitats but again I agree with you that it's wiser to use the small gem habitats than the large ones both to maximize space and coins unless your forest is full of 4 creature habitats.

I will put this beauty in my "Unicorn habitat" to start since nothing else will go there. I did pick up the new habitat. Really I am looking forward to someday having the problem of whether to get a gem habitat or not, haha.

shooshemc
07-19-16, 07:42 PM
Am I the only one overwhelmed by these storybook adventures? Approximately 350,000 in food needed, we are supposed to breed several other animals and, at the same time, you throw in the quest for breeding the Parade Pony And we are tasked with planting and harvesting Mana bananas, the lowest food harvest? The game differentiates between lower and higher level players, so why not have the higher level players plant and harvest Charm Cherries instead? They still require an hour, but at least they give a more adequate food supply. I think for the 2nd anniversary shindig this appears to be, fewer breeding requirements, better amounts of food and/or more time would be appreciated.

NeoGeneration
07-19-16, 08:11 PM
How will this work for lower levels? What's the middle pet if party animal is the final?

LauraGSJK
07-19-16, 09:29 PM

I cannot thank you enough for listing all the steps. So VERY helpful! Truly appreciate everything you do to help us all.

Good luck everyone!

tuffyjkitten
07-20-16, 12:24 AM
Anyone else have the problem that splitting the feedings between multiple animals doesn't count? I fed my newly hatched planther thru level 3 to evolving eligible (15 feeds) and my other baby from level 1 to level 3 (10 feeds) and it is still only counting 15 of 25 completed. I have force closed multiple times and restarted the iPad and it still says 15. I'm never going to sleep now, I'm so mad! :mad:

CaRee215
07-20-16, 01:15 AM
Ok, anyone else note have adventurnips not available to plant, they always appear when storybook starts. But not in my farm last. What do you do?

litabelaqua
07-20-16, 04:44 AM
I think I'm being *****ed out of invites! I've now harvested 2 x 6 charm cherries and got 10 invites from each yield where I should have got 12 from each. What are other players getting?

litabelaqua
07-20-16, 04:45 AM
Ok, anyone else note have adventurnips not available to plant, they always appear when storybook starts. But not in my farm last. What do you do?

They only appear for challenges such as storybook. Not normally available

litabelaqua
07-20-16, 04:48 AM
Anyone else have the problem that splitting the feedings between multiple animals doesn't count? I fed my newly hatched planther thru level 3 to evolving eligible (15 feeds) and my other baby from level 1 to level 3 (10 feeds) and it is still only counting 15 of 25 completed. I have force closed multiple times and restarted the iPad and it still says 15. I'm never going to sleep now, I'm so mad! :mad:

I have fed 3 baby planthers and all have counted but sometimes you have to leave the game open a while for it to acknowledge. I had to wait 20 minutes yesterday for the game to recognise that i had planted adventurnips. It may be due to server load

litabelaqua
07-20-16, 04:58 AM
I believe you are speaking of the Large gem habitat which holds 3 creatures. It is definitely more economical in both cost and earnings to use the small gem habitat to start. The grand gem habitat is the one that costs gems to purchase and holds 4 creatures. It was recently on sale for 200 gems. I bought 2 on sale over a year ago before I had gem animals because ..it was there..for 100 gems that I had 200 of...I was considering maximizing space and coin at the time, they were cheap and beautiful. It was months before they had even one creature between the 2 of them! All this time and there's 2 spots left. Now, well, I've accumulated nearly 9 hundred million coins and I could fill my forest with those large gem habitats but again I agree with you that it's wiser to use the small gem habitats than the large ones both to maximize space and coins unless your forest is full of 4 creature habitats.

I will put this beauty in my "Unicorn habitat" to start since nothing else will go there. I did pick up the new habitat. Really I am looking forward to someday having the problem of whether to get a gem habitat or not, haha.

Correct, my bad, I did mean the big gem grove, but even the grand gem grove is capped at $120,000 earnings. 4 gem animals will easily exceed that if left more than 6 hours. They are 500 gems but I have to admit I might be tempted if they were on sale again at 100 gems! I'm a fairly new player, that struck lucky with breeding early on, but coins are still an issue for me at this stage , I've never yet had more than 4.5million and currently at around 1mil due to planting charm cherries continually lol

Cdnfroglover
07-20-16, 05:23 AM
Never been so happy to see a 12 hour Armordillo timer! Prep for the next chapter is on schedule. As long as the Party Animal is in the evolution flower before I go to sleep tonight I'll be good to go. The food totals we need are starting to make me sweat a bit... wasting an hour on bananas this morning didn't help!

ninasidstorm8
07-20-16, 08:22 AM

I split my feedings between two Planthers and did not have a problem. I hope it works out for you.

ninasidstorm8
07-20-16, 08:25 AM
I think I'm being *****ed out of invites! I've now harvested 2 x 6 charm cherries and got 10 invites from each yield where I should have got 12 from each. What are other players getting?

I don't think you are getting *****ed. You should get either 1 or 2 Invites per hour of planting time determined randomly. You should average close to 1.5 Invites/hour of planting time. !0 is actually a good yield. I generally get 8 or 9 from 6 crops of Charm Cherries.

tuffyjkitten
07-20-16, 09:09 AM
I have fed 3 baby planthers and all have counted but sometimes you have to leave the game open a while for it to acknowledge. I had to wait 20 minutes yesterday for the game to recognise that i had planted adventurnips. It may be due to server load

My hubby fed multiples and it counted too. I had to force close to get it to acknowledge the planting in the first step. Still not recognizing the feedings. I had to evolve the first one I fed and feed it again. Then they counted. Not happy.

chickenladyx14
07-20-16, 09:13 AM
I'm confusing myself. Can hatch be either move the egg from the breeding den or hatch the egg in the nest??? Will both ways work for the storybook? TYVM

Cdnfroglover
07-20-16, 09:44 AM
I'm confusing myself. Can hatch be either move the egg from the breeding den or hatch the egg in the nest??? Will both ways work for the storybook? TYVM

Yes, both count. From the den or from the nest.

ninasidstorm8
07-20-16, 09:46 AM
Chapter 6 went well. I already had raised my Birthday Bear to Level 15 so Act 1 automatically completed. I planted 6 crops of Mana Bananas to complete Act 2. I fed my Level 4 Planther 25 times to complete Act 3. I harvested the Mana Bannas and then it took an additional 3 crops of Charm Cherries on all 6 farms to collect the 36 Birthday Invites to complete Act 4. This completed Chapter 6 and gave me the Party Animal.

I sold the Planther that I fed and replaced it with the new baby Planther I received from the breeding with a Pandaffodil Step in Chapter 5 in preparation for a future event. I made a small error this morning in moving an 18 hour fail (Bansheep) from a Parade Pony attempt while I was collecting Birthday Invites. I should have held off and left the nest empty for the Party Animal. Fortunately, I did breed the Armordillo required for Chapter 7 when the Breeding Den freed up. So hatching the Party Animal will have to wait until tomorrow since the Bansheep will clear the nest just about the time Chapter 7 starts.

My plan is to move the Party Animal to the nest when I sell the Bansheep off the nest. It will take 8 hours to hatch and then I can move the Armordillo egg into the nest to complete Chapter 7 Act 1. I will feed the Party Animal and put it into the Evolution Flower for a 5 hour stint to get it to Level 4. At the same time I will plant the 5 crops of Mystic Mangos required for Act 2. I’ll have to wait another 5 hours for the Party Animal to evolve to Level 4 to complete Act 3 and Chapter 7. It will take a total of 8 hours after I wake up tomorrow but I should still finish Chapter 7 in plenty of time.

That will leave the Hatch a Turtisle in Chapter 9 Act 1 as the remaining challenge for this Storybook. I do not plan on starting the Turtisle breeding until after the Friday update since it has a 6 hour incubation time and the longest Water/Nature fail is 16 hours. I have a Level 4 Turtisle in case of a problem.

chickenladyx14
07-20-16, 10:12 AM
Thank-you Cdnfroglover! :)

saucysammis
07-20-16, 12:34 PM

At nearly the same time as you posted last night - which for me is right after the day changes for me and new acts start- I had to repeatedly feed my 2nd planther to raise the feelings from 10 to 15 and repeatedly place it in the Evo. I finally got it. I agree with others in that I believed it was server overload at the time.

tuffyjkitten
07-20-16, 02:50 PM
At nearly the same time as you posted last night - which for me is right after the day changes for me and new acts start- I had to repeatedly feed my 2nd planther to raise the feelings from 10 to 15 and repeatedly place it in the Evo. I finally got it. I agree with others in that I believed it was server overload at the time.

It was right after reset time for me as well. That must be it. Will keep that in mind for the other feeding steps.

chickenladyx14
07-20-16, 03:52 PM
I never received the 10 gem reward for finishing Chapter 9. My game was running fine so that was not the problem. Tried restarting the game but the gems still didn't show up. :(

KadeeDid
07-20-16, 04:57 PM
My brain isn't functioning. I injured my arm and am in a bit of pain so that is exhausting me. When we are breeding animals (ex. planther), does it count when it is placed on the egg or when it is hatched? I have a breeding pair ready and not sure if I should click to move the egg to the nest.

Thanks!

Not sure if my posts are registering. I see them in forums when I look for them but have posted several queries recently and no responses. In one case, I held off waiting for a response and finally found a neighbour whose placement of habitats and expansions solved the mystery. Of course, I could not ask anything as it is impossible to send messages.

kooky panda
07-20-16, 05:28 PM
Are you playing in the lower levels? We have discovered that lower level players have a different storybook...

There are two level buckets now level 10-20 and levels 21+

RenZenGoddess
07-20-16, 07:23 PM
Please-anyone with lower levels-could you post the act requirements like Kooky Panda posted for the higher levels? This is my first event in this game and I am flying blind! I am still on chapter 6 act 2: Raise Birthday Bear to level 12. I am behind now raising so much food to feed the Bday Bear...
Help!?
Anyone with a lower level game?

goddard7006
07-20-16, 08:10 PM
Please-anyone with lower levels-could you post the act requirements like Kooky Panda posted for the higher levels? This is my first event in this game and I am flying blind! I am still on chapter 6 act 2: Raise Birthday Bear to level 12. I am behind now raising so much food to feed the Bday Bear...
Help!?
Anyone with a lower level game?

My son is a lower level and for him The 3rd Act was collect 36 invites (He planted mangoes and turnips which gave him plenty in the allotted time) hope this helps!

ogreve
07-21-16, 02:57 AM
Great, I had just caught up again after processing the 45 hour Citrine Peregrin timer, and now the 'hatch an Armordillo' step is ****ing me: two back to back Volcamel fails already. Heaps of breeding / hatching still to come up it seems. Sucks. Bye bye Festive Pony, I doubt I'll get a decent breeding window to try for you. :(

lucky_saggi
07-21-16, 03:06 AM
please help :

Act 4: Feed Planthers x25 (Skip 50 Gems) --> where to search planthers in my farm ? i could not understand this point....

Silverrain1
07-21-16, 05:01 AM
please help :

Act 4: Feed Planthers x25 (Skip 50 Gems) --> where to search planthers in my farm ? i could not understand this point....

The planthers is a nature/dark animal to breed. Once you have the plantlers you need to feed it 25 times with any food you have.

tuffyjkitten
07-21-16, 06:35 AM
And once again it did not let me split the feeding between multiple Planthers. Nowhere near update time, it's 6:30 am. Really annoyed by this!!

judyandthecat
07-21-16, 09:10 AM
It won't give me the option to feed the party animal and I have force closed

It is now working

Judy faints in relief

Alideh
07-21-16, 09:52 AM
Meh I give up, I made it to level 7. It took me about 40k maybe 35k of apples to raise my bear up to level 15 so for me to save that much again WHILE having to feed the armadillo and other animal is definitely not happening :/ gosh it was such a pretty horse too *-* Good luck to all who are still trying!

KadeeDid
07-21-16, 10:48 AM
No responses but I was smart enough to hold off clicking on the breeding pair until I was asked to hatch a planther. Egg moved to the nest and goal was completed.

Hope this helps anyone else - if you can see my posts.

My brain isn't functioning. I injured my arm and am in a bit of pain so that is exhausting me. When we are breeding animals (ex. planther), does it count when it is placed on the egg or when it is hatched? I have a breeding pair ready and not sure if I should click to move the egg to the nest.

Thanks!

Not sure if my posts are registering. I see them in forums when I look for them but have posted several queries recently and no responses. In one case, I held off waiting for a response and finally found a neighbour whose placement of habitats and expansions solved the mystery. Of course, I could not ask anything as it is impossible to send messages.

saucysammis
07-21-16, 11:03 AM
Great, I had just caught up again after processing the 45 hour Citrine Peregrin timer, and now the 'hatch an Armordillo' step is ****ing me: two back to back Volcamel fails already. Heaps of breeding / hatching still to come up it seems. Sucks. Bye bye Festive Pony, I doubt I'll get a decent breeding window to try for you. :(

That will take some close organized playing but it is still possible! Do not give up! In the shop the Armordillo is a 50 gem investment if you need one to feed. I considered it briefly after a rampage fail, but got the him on the next try. Since you are otherwise caught up you have a window during chapter 8 to catch up again before more hatching requirements come up.

I spent the better part of yesterday repeatedly NOT placing it on the nest as I was waiting for the party animal to arrive and go through the nest so I could send it off to evolve before placing the waiting Armordillo. Now Armordillo's hatching part of my goals was complete about 11 hrs ago and it will be off the nest soon.

I have a 17 hr lightning dark fail in the den at the moment... There's actually a whole day, two really, where my den and nest could sit waiting for the goal to come up to hatch a turtisle if I am successful right away.....Rrr I am tempted to try the Lightning dark a second time, since the hatch step for turtisle could be skipped if I'm unlucky. I have two now that can be fed... I may play it safe because I am a gem hoarder really!

Silverrain1
07-21-16, 11:54 AM
No problems so far and I'm going to be starting chapter 5 tomorrow. My bear is at level 15 so all good there and I have my planther, which I was lucky enough to get first try. I only have 1 tho, so the feedings for that will take a bit longer but I wanted to get in as many tries as possible for the parade pony as it's beautiful. I currently have 105 287 food (strange number!) so feeding the party animal to 15 won't be a problem.
Oh, I can't remember who mentioned it but whoever it was who said they name their animals, I do to and record them to make sure there's no duplicate name.

Cdnfroglover
07-21-16, 01:02 PM
No problems so far and I'm going to be starting chapter 5 tomorrow. My bear is at level 15 so all good there and I have my planther, which I was lucky enough to get first try. I only have 1 tho, so the feedings for that will take a bit longer but I wanted to get in as many tries as possible for the parade pony as it's beautiful. I currently have 105 287 food (strange number!) so feeding the party animal to 15 won't be a problem.
Oh, I can't remember who mentioned it but whoever it was who said they name their animals, I do to and record them to make sure there's no duplicate name.

Aw finally! Someone as crazy as me! I name them all and I'm also careful not to duplicate names! It gives me a cute little giggle when I think of a good name (For example... I named my Super Rare Flare Hare... Warfare... get it? teehee!) We have to take joy from the little things right?!

Silverrain1
07-21-16, 01:08 PM
Aw finally! Someone as crazy as me! I name them all and I'm also careful not to duplicate names! It gives me a cute little giggle when I think of a good name (For example... I named my Super Rare Flare Hare... Warfare... get it? teehee!) We have to take joy from the little things right?!

My chocolate rabbit is called Coco. So standard but I love it. I always have a little smile when I see it. I'm up to 176 480 food since my last post. Not stopping this gathering! After this story book I wonder how much I will have left!
Hmm, just read my last post where I said 105 food, maybe I miss typed at 150 as that seems a very big jump haha!

RenZenGoddess
07-21-16, 03:50 PM
My son is a lower level and for him The 3rd Act was collect 36 invites (He planted mangoes and turnips which gave him plenty in the allotted time) hope this helps!

Thanks goddard! I have hatched an armordillo-do you know what the next one that low levels will need to hatch? Has your son reached that yet?

ninasidstorm8
07-21-16, 04:28 PM
It took most of the day but I finally finished up Chapter 7. I had put an 18 hour egg on the nest about 2 hours before finishing up Chapter 6 to get the Party Animal instead of waiting so that slowed me down. When my nest cleared I placed the Party Animal in the nest for the 8 hours needed to hatch. When the Party Animal hatched, U fed it and put it into the Evolution Flower for its first 50hour stint to get it to level 4. With the nest free, I moved my Armadillo egg to the nest to Complete Chapter Act 1 (Hatch an Armordillo). The next time my farms cleared, I planted 5 crops of Spell Melons (8 hours) to complete Act 2 (Plant Spell Melons x5). I waited for the Party Animal to finish evolving which completed Act 3 (Raise Party Animal to level 4). This also completed Chapter 7.

I put the Party Animal back into the Evolution Flower to get it to level 10 and when that's complete it will go back in to get it to level 15. I already have an Armordillo that is at the beginning of level 3. I plan to feed it 25 times and keep the new baby for future events. This means that I will need to evolve my current Armordillo once for Chapter 7 and again for Chapter 8 but I should have plenty of time to do that.

I am thinking about whether my next breeding attempt should be for the Turtisle required by Chapter 9 or I should attempt squeeze in one addition try for something else first. Since I will only have about 10 hours before the time I would normally like to start breeding for the Turtisle. I think that I will try for the Turtisle right away and try again even if I am successful, Since I need a Skyena. I have a Level 4 Turtisle to feed in case I run into problems breeding one.

If I planned a bit better, I should have finished Chapter 7 much earlier but that would have just meant I would wait longer for Chapter 8 so no harm done.

Cdnfroglover
07-21-16, 05:28 PM
Ok... so I've had two fails trying for Turtisle so far. The Semur and now a Chilly Goat... it isn't crunch time yet but it soon will be. I've seen that dreaded six hour timer so many times before (usually when trying for the chilly goat!) Why can't I get it now?! My Party Animal (named Minstrel) only needs one more turn in the evolution flower, I'll likely do that tonight while sleeping. I have another Turtisle in my forest already but I'd sure like a clean run to the Unicorn! What are you all using to breed your turtle?

goddard7006
07-21-16, 06:40 PM
Thanks goddard! I have hatched an armordillo-do you know what the next one that low levels will need to hatch? Has your son reached that yet?

unfortunately he had a 13hr fail so he's behind. I told him not to waste his gems on speeding up the timer since he might need them later to skip ahead. After hatch an armordillo do you remember what the next 2 acts are?

chickenladyx14
07-21-16, 07:26 PM
Grand Unicorn is safely in storage. Good luck everyone!

RenZenGoddess
07-21-16, 08:04 PM
unfortunately he had a 13hr fail so he's behind. I told him not to waste his gems on speeding up the timer since he might need them later to skip ahead. After hatch an armordillo do you remember what the next 2 acts are?

i am including what I remembered to screen shot:
Chapter 6 Act 3 is Collect Birthday Invites from harvesting x36 (skip 36 gems)
Reward for completing Ch 6 is The Sidekicker
Ch 7 Act 1 is Hatch an Amordillo (skip 25 gems)
Ch 7 Act 2 is Plant Spell Melons x5 (skip 25 gems) (I am stuck here because I planted the wrong fruits,)
How do you guys DO these events without resorting to spending money for gems? Looks like this event alone is going to require a couple of mountains of food (2000 gems) just to feed animals and gems to speed up. Wow. My hat is off to you higher levels!

goddard7006
07-21-16, 09:17 PM
i am including what I remembered to screen shot:
Chapter 6 Act 3 is Collect Birthday Invites from harvesting x36 (skip 36 gems)
Reward for completing Ch 6 is The Sidekicker
Ch 7 Act 1 is Hatch an Amordillo (skip 25 gems)
Ch 7 Act 2 is Plant Spell Melons x5 (skip 25 gems) (I am stuck here because I planted the wrong fruits,)
How do you guys DO these events without resorting to spending money for gems? Looks like this event alone is going to require a couple of mountains of food (2000 gems) just to feed animals and gems to speed up. Wow. My hat is off to you higher levels!

Well, I had to use 23 gems to catch him up. FYI, act 3 of chapter 7 is raise sidekicker to level 4. So, if you haven't hatched it already do it now then feed him and throw him into the flower. It will auto-complete after you've planted to spell melons. As far as food goes I try not to do the battle arena until these events pop up. I also only feed a handful of super rare and only level the commons for breeding. The forums are also a huge help when it comes to playing. I believe this is the first time they have split the story book event.

litabelaqua
07-22-16, 03:31 AM
Ok... so I've had two fails trying for Turtisle so far. The Semur and now a Chilly Goat... it isn't crunch time yet but it soon will be. I've seen that dreaded six hour timer so many times before (usually when trying for the chilly goat!) Why can't I get it now?! My Party Animal (named Minstrel) only needs one more turn in the evolution flower, I'll likely do that tonight while sleeping. I have another Turtisle in my forest already but I'd sure like a clean run to the Unicorn! What are you all using to breed your turtle?

Frostfang and pandaffodil, stick to the primes to get your turtisle, I got 3 in a row, 2 level 1's are jumping around the habitat and one on the nest ready to hatch when chapter 9 goes live. Having 3 means I use minimal food to hit the target AND I don't have to wait on an evolve to hit 25 feedings

litabelaqua
07-22-16, 03:47 AM

It's not that difficult if you are prepared beforehand.

You need your farms maxed out to grand farm so that you have the best choice of food to plant.

Be selective about which animals to feed to max, only max out those that you battle with or are high earners, everything else should sit at level 6 or 7. You can waste an awful lot of food otherwise.

Don't immediately ditch duplicate animals as they have cost you 200 to breed, put them in a habitat to earn money and name them Sell so that when you need the space they occupy they are easy to identify.

Most storybook challenges need a good 250,000 food plus more to feed your final prize, this isn't as bad as it sounds but you need money to plant high yield plants, charm cherries are my choice.

Make a spreadsheet of your animals, and their earnings, be aware of how much each habitat can contain in coins and put your higher earning animals in the higher earning habitats as much as possible. If you have gems to spend, spend them on the special offers for high earning habitats when they are half price.

Stockpile food and money , collect from your habitats regularly, expand as often as possible but only buy habitats you actually need

Cdnfroglover
07-22-16, 05:46 AM
Frostfang and pandaffodil, stick to the primes to get your turtisle, I got 3 in a row, 2 level 1's are jumping around the habitat and one on the nest ready to hatch when chapter 9 goes live. Having 3 means I use minimal food to hit the target AND I don't have to wait on an evolve to hit 25 feedings

I got my turtisle this morning with the frost fang and pandaffodil. Going basic did the job, thanks! breeding more than on to keep you food costs and evolving down is quite smart too... I may try that next time if I have more room. Yesterday I had to scramble to find space for a new habitat as both the semur and chilly goat fails were new to my forest animals. Collecting the wrapping paper now and I'm on track for the next chapter. I only wish I had more time to try for the parade pony, she's cute.

goddard7006
07-22-16, 05:56 AM
Ch.8 - 4 Acts

Act 1: plant mana bananas x5
Act 2: raise sidekicker to level 7
Act 3: Feed Armordillo 25 times
Act 4: Collect 22 wrapping paper

Ch.9 - 3 Acts

Act 1: Feed Armordillo x25
Act 2: Breed Pyro pony with another animal
Act 3: Raise sidekicker to level 10

Ch.10 - 3 Acts

Act 1: Harvest mana bananas x5
Act 2: Raise sidekicker to level 12
Act 3: Collect 40 wrapping paper

litabelaqua
07-22-16, 06:44 AM
Does anyone know the hatching time for Grand Unicorn?

chickenladyx14
07-22-16, 07:07 AM
I didn't record the exact time but I believe the hatch time for Grand Unicorn is 34 hours. Mine still has 32 1/2 more hours to go.
The egg is quite plain which surprised me.

RenZenGoddess
07-22-16, 02:06 PM
Well, I had to use 23 gems to catch him up. FYI, act 3 of chapter 7 is raise sidekicker to level 4. So, if you haven't hatched it already do it now then feed him and throw him into the flower. It will auto-complete after you've planted to spell melons. As far as food goes I try not to do the battle arena until these events pop up. I also only feed a handful of super rare and only level the commons for breeding. The forums are also a huge help when it comes to playing. I believe this is the first time they have split the story book event.

Thank you-is he on Ch 9 yet? Do we need to hatch a Turtisle, too? (They split it because I started playing - lol��)

RenZenGoddess
07-22-16, 02:11 PM

You need your farms maxed out to grand farm so that you have the best choice of food to plant.

Be selective about which animals to feed to max, only max out those that you battle with or are high earners, everything else should sit at level 6 or 7. You can waste an awful lot of food otherwise.

Don't immediately ditch duplicate animals as they have cost you 200 to breed, put them in a habitat to earn money and name them Sell so that when you need the space they occupy they are easy to identify.

Most storybook challenges need a good 250,000 food plus more to feed your final prize, this isn't as bad as it sounds but you need money to plant high yield plants, charm cherries are my choice.

Make a spreadsheet of your animals, and their earnings, be aware of how much each habitat can contain in coins and put your higher earning animals in the higher earning habitats as much as possible. If you have gems to spend, spend them on the special offers for high earning habitats when they are half price.

Stockpile food and money , collect from your habitats regularly, expand as often as possible but only buy habitats you actually need

Oh, wow! Thank you so much for the amazing advice! I play Castle Story as well as Farm Story 2, but a friend gave me tips. I am the only one interested in continuing this one and I haven't thought to search the forum for tips. Thanks again for taking the time to do so. *animal keeper bows in respect*

ninasidstorm8
07-22-16, 02:48 PM
It took most of the day but I finally finished up Chapter 8. When I woke up this morning, I planted 5 crops of Spell Melons to complete Act 1 (Plant Spell Melons x5). I already have my Party Animal at level 15 so Act 2 completed automatically (Raise Party Animal to Level 7). I fed my level 3 Armordillo 5 times and then put it in the Evolution Flower for 5 hours. When it was done, I fed it the remaining 20 times to complete Act 3 (Feed Armordillo x25). I had planted my remaining farm with Charm Cherries throughout the day. When I harvested the first crop of Charm Cherries once Act 4 started (Collect 46 Wrapping Paper from Harvesting), I received 1 Wrapping Paper. When I harvested the 5 crops of Spell Melons, I received 25 more. Then one more from a single crop of Charm Cherries gave me one more for a total of 27. After 3 crops of Charm Cherries from all 6 farms I was one Wrapping Paper short of the 46 needed. I decided to take a chance and planted 3 crops of Power Pears. I harvested the Power Pears 3 minutes later. This gave me the final Wrapping Paper I needed to complete Act 4 and completed Chapter 8.

I am set up well for Chapter 9. I have a 17 hour fail in the nest that will hatch shortly after bedtime tonight and a Turtisle in the Breeding Den that is ready for the nest. First thing tomorrow morning, I will sell off the egg in the nest and move the Turtisle to the nest for Act 1. I have a level 8 Armordillo and the new baby from Chapter 7 ready to feed for Act 2. Once I move the Turtisle to the nest, it will be free to breed an animal with the Lightning Leopard for Act 3. My Party Animal is already at Level 15 for Act 4

I don’t foresee any problems with Chapter 10 so the remainder of the Storybook Event should go smoothly.

cherrycastleorchard
07-22-16, 08:16 PM
Is there a way to sell a habitat, I have no room to put the habitat for the unicorn?
QUOTE=ninasidstorm8;1323471]It took most of the day but I finally finished up Chapter 8. When I woke up this morning, I planted 5 crops of Spell Melons to complete Act 1 (Plant Spell Melons x5). I already have my Party Animal at level 15 so Act 2 completed automatically (Raise Party Animal to Level 7). I fed my level 3 Armordillo 5 times and then put it in the Evolution Flower for 5 hours. When it was done, I fed it the remaining 20 times to complete Act 3 (Feed Armordillo x25). I had planted my remaining farm with Charm Cherries throughout the day. When I harvested the first crop of Charm Cherries once Act 4 started (Collect 46 Wrapping Paper from Harvesting), I received 1 Wrapping Paper. When I harvested the 5 crops of Spell Melons, I received 25 more. Then one more from a single crop of Charm Cherries gave me one more for a total of 27. After 3 crops of Charm Cherries from all 6 farms I was one Wrapping Paper short of the 46 needed. I decided to take a chance and planted 3 crops of Power Pears. I harvested the Power Pears 3 minutes later. This gave me the final Wrapping Paper I needed to complete Act 4 and completed Chapter 8.

I am set up well for Chapter 9. I have a 17 hour fail in the nest that will hatch shortly after bedtime tonight and a Turtisle in the Breeding Den that is ready for the nest. First thing tomorrow morning, I will sell off the egg in the nest and move the Turtisle to the nest for Act 1. I have a level 8 Armordillo and the new baby from Chapter 7 ready to feed for Act 2. Once I move the Turtisle to the nest, it will be free to breed an animal with the Lightning Leopard for Act 3. My Party Animal is already at Level 15 for Act 4

I don’t foresee any problems with Chapter 10 so the remainder of the Storybook Event should go smoothly.[/QUOTE]

saucysammis
07-22-16, 08:37 PM

Don't immediately ditch duplicate animals as they have cost you 200 to breed, put them in a habitat to earn money and name them Sell so that when you need the space they occupy they are easy to identify

Great idea! I am so going to go name my duplicates "sell" !

ninasidstorm8
07-22-16, 08:40 PM
Is there a way to sell a habitat, I have no room to put the habitat for the unicorn?

You can sell a habitat but it has to be empty to sell it.

jsburas123
07-22-16, 09:39 PM
I am so super excited!!! Just got a 45 hr timer while breeding for the armadillo!!! So happy to be adding this one!!!32508

goddard7006
07-23-16, 12:48 AM
Thank you-is he on Ch 9 yet? Do we need to hatch a Turtisle, too? (They split it because I started playing - lol��)

not in Ch.9 however need to breed Pyro pony with another animal. So clear your den ;)

Sandybellee
07-23-16, 02:08 AM
I am so super excited!!! Just got a 45 hr timer while breeding for the armadillo!!! So happy to be adding this one!!!32508

Congrats!

Sandybellee
07-23-16, 02:11 AM
Chapter 9 went quickly. Only one more chapter to go! This one has gone very smoothly and I'm so thankful for that because the grand unicorn is a must! I think I'm going to feed and evolve my Turtisle to level 4 later today so I don't have to wait for it to evolve tomorrow in between feedings.

sparklegirly
07-23-16, 04:47 AM
First try for Turtisle gave me a Seamur. Second try gave me Skyena!
Third try, finally a Turtisle 😄
I used Pandaffodil/Frost Fang.

ninasidstorm8
07-23-16, 08:18 AM
Chapter 9 went smoothly. Woke up and moved my Turtisle to the nest and completed Act 1 (Hatch a Turtisle ). Fed my level 8 Armordillo 10 times and then put him in the Evolution Flower for 5 hours and then fed him the remaining 15 times to complete Act 2 (Feed Armordillos x25). Bred Lightning Leopard with a Porkupine (try for Palmeranian) to complete Act 3 (Breed Lightning Leopard with another animal). My Party Animal was already at Level 15 so Act 4 (Raise Party Animal to Level 12) completed immediately.

When my Turtisle left the nest I put my Lion Pride on the nest to hatch since I had an 12 hour gap in breeding from the Thunderhawk fail. I will sell off the Armordillo I have been feeding to make room for the Lion Pride and keep my baby Armordillo for future events. Chapter 10 may take a bit of time to complete tomorrow but it shouldn't be any problem. If I was short of time, I would plant 2 or 3 farms with 20 hour crops for the Harvesting step but I see no need to limit my food production by doing so.

I have a couple slots available for Gem animals so I have a place to put the Grand Unicorn.

jsburas123
07-23-16, 10:59 PM
Congrats!

Thanks!!!

Silverrain1
07-24-16, 01:21 AM
First try for armordillo gave me 14 hours. Not a great start to this chapter!

Sandybellee
07-24-16, 01:38 AM
Got my grand unicorn! I didn't have to spend any gems for this storybook. Chapter 10 went quickly as I had 3 x 20 hour crops ready to harvest after planting 2 x 3 mana bananas and my turtisle was level 4 so I didn't need to evolve it in between feedings!

Good luck to all still on their way!

cherrycastleorchard
07-24-16, 02:50 AM
You can sell a habitat but it has to be empty to sell it.

Thankyou

Silverrain1
07-24-16, 03:02 AM
Great, first attempt for armordillo was a volcamel. I didn't want to fall to far behind so I sped the koala kadabra that was on the nest and then the volcamel and tried again. This time I got 18 hours, which I think is an animal I don't have but still! So sped that one and now have the 12 hours. Wow, that was quite a few gems there and might need to speed up a little so that I can get the armordillo out of the den and on to the nest

Chrysara01
07-24-16, 03:12 AM
I would suggest trying for turtisle as soon as you can as I have had two long fails so far trying for it.

supster50
07-24-16, 04:51 AM
36 hr nest time for the Grand Unicorn just placed mine there neat looking egg HAPPY BIRTHDAY FROM BATH PA. USA
and good luck to all still playing and thanks for a great game for we senior people

Silverrain1
07-24-16, 06:34 AM
I would suggest trying for turtisle as soon as you can as I have had two long fails so far trying for it.

Oh no, hope u get it soon. I think you are right but I'm also trying hard for the pony! I guess I can't have it both ways tho.

litabelaqua
07-24-16, 08:00 AM
Got my grand unicorn! I didn't have to spend any gems for this storybook. Chapter 10 went quickly as I had 3 x 20 hour crops ready to harvest after planting 2 x 3 mana bananas and my turtisle was level 4 so I didn't need to evolve it in between feedings!

Good planning with the crops, wish i had done that!

Cdnfroglover
07-24-16, 08:47 AM
Good planning with your crops for chapter 10 Sandybelle... wish I'd thought of that. Waiting for crops/wrapping paper in this last chapter is driving me up the wall. Almost there! Happily I have two turtisles to feed so there will be no evolving.

poofyena
07-24-16, 09:11 AM
This event has wiped out my food stores something awful. Never struggled like this even when I was a lower level. Really hoping I have enough to finish up tomorrow.

litabelaqua
07-24-16, 10:02 AM
gutted that this event forced me to do battlegrounds so much for the food, i didnt realise i was at the end of the battlegrounds! got a nice snow monster though, but no more battles, very sad

str8upwild
07-24-16, 11:13 AM

Finished my first storybook on my main account. Will finish the other in 3 days, had to start later on that one because of my first crystal unicorn was on my nest. Good luck everyone else!

Cdnfroglover
07-24-16, 11:57 AM
All done! This was only my second storybook that I completed all chapters. It went quite smoothly but now my food storage is empty! Won't be doing much leveling up for a while! Have to wait for my Zapra to finish on the nest before I hatch my pretty new Unicorn! Saw the egg in someone elses nest, I think its pretty!

woowoo69
07-24-16, 12:22 PM
I have finished this with 60k food left. I need 21 runes to expand before I can buy a gem habitat for the unicorn. I have 15 animals in storage non of them duplicates and all my habitats are full with no duplicates. I wish I could expand quicker.

goddard7006
07-24-16, 12:47 PM

I had the same idea of planting prunes x3 but unfortunately I collected them too early I wasn't thinking

ninasidstorm8
07-24-16, 03:13 PM
Finished up Chapter 10 with no issues. I knew I wasn't going to have any problems, so I followed my regular planting schedule except for the last Wrapping Paper. After harvesting 6 sets of Charm Cherries 9 times I had 54 Wrapping Papers, one short of the 55 required. So I planted 6 crops of Power Pears and the resulting harvest gave me the last Wrapping Paper I needed. I had a level Turtisle 4 ready, so I was able to feed it 25 times without requiring an Evolution.

Good Luck to everyone still trying to finish up.

Silverrain1
07-24-16, 03:15 PM
Glad I got my armordillo. He's on the nest and will b ready for the next chapter starting. Again I only bread one so I could get in an other shot at the parade pony but still no luck there. Both birthday bear and party animal are level 15 and I'm done feeding the planther. So the only feedings left are for armordillo and turtisle. I'm only sitting at 38 695 food, which isn't to bad but 5 of my farms are doing mystic mangoes over night due to one of the acts instead of the usual nexus nuts so that's not great. Plus I was maybe feeling a bit to confident and levelled up quite a few animals to level 10. I know it would have been wise to wait but I kinda like doing it during a story book then rushing to get food supplies back up. Must be the rebel in me! Haha

07-24-16, 07:08 PM
Looks like I made the stupid mistake of feeding my Plathers ahead of time. What happens now? Will I still be able to feed it enough to complete all the feeding tasks?

Sandybellee
07-25-16, 01:36 AM
Good planning with the crops, wish i had done that!

Thanks! It's been my standard strategy for the final chapter which usually always requires collecting a lot of tokens. :)

Good planning with your crops for chapter 10 Sandybelle... wish I'd thought of that. Waiting for crops/wrapping paper in this last chapter is driving me up the wall. Almost there! Happily I have two turtisles to feed so there will be no evolving.

Ha ha! I know the feeling! I'm just too impatient to wait for the farms all day on the last day!

I had the same idea of planting prunes x3 but unfortunately I collected them too early I wasn't thinking

Oh no! I've done that too on a previous storybook. The chapters change in the morning my time and sometimes I haven't properly woken up when I open the game and mistakes happen. :p And once I forgot which farms had the prunes. :D

Sandybellee
07-25-16, 01:39 AM
Looks like I made the stupid mistake of feeding my Plathers ahead of time. What happens now? Will I still be able to feed it enough to complete all the feeding tasks?

You need to calculate how many times you can still feed it. Unfortunately the gem skip cost doesn't go down with partial feedings so if you can't feed it enough anymore you either need another Planthers or skip the task at full cost. Sorry this happened!

supster50
07-25-16, 06:05 AM
For the newer players that r having a hard time with story books. You may want to try having ur computer open to the game u r playing at the time on the STORM 8 site. Open and read the steps/acts what ever they may be before u play. Read all the postings along the way and before the game is done all ur questions will be answered. If at lower levels plant the 3 minute fruits endlessly and keep tapping (about 1000 every 15 minutes) u need about 50000 to 60000 to start and keep tapping. try to buy the big farms as soon as u can either way plan two days ahead with ur planting. Keep ur lower critters at level 4 and when they r at higher levels replace them. If called to breed a planther breed two if possible when done get rid of the higher level one. Three is even better if u have the room in ur forest. when u r told to raze u can take that animal all the way to lev 15. feedings must be done when prompted. When told to plant u need to plant then not ahead of time. If told to harvest try to plant the day before it will save time. When getting ur wrapping paper the next day x 48 and u need to plant bananas first x 6 try planting 6 eight hr crops the day ahead. the day of harvest only 2 of the 8 hr crops save the other 4 and plant ur bananas x 2 three times when u have ur 6x bananas then harvest ur 8 hr crop and u need not wait as long to gather ur wrapping papers. In closing remember READ first then PLAY,PLAY,PLAY and MOST OF ALL HAVE FUN. SORT OF LIKE THE CARPENTER MEASURE TWICE, CUT THE BOARD ONCE

MellanieK
07-25-16, 06:13 AM
I am so happy that i've made it!! :D
At 5:30 am i had about 3 hours left and all i had left to do was collecting 55 wrapping papers and feeding turtisle 25x.
lucky me i had 2 baby turtisle so i could keep the food cost down and i made it. I think i wouldnt have if i had 1 turtisle.
And now...a grand unicorn.
I am so stoked!! I am lvl 52 and still not even a CU.

happy happy happy happy happy :D:D:D

Crr008
07-25-16, 07:22 AM
Yay. Made it. I am so happy this storybook was not tied to the tournament. I really don't like the tournament so when the storybook was tied to the tournament, I stopped playing. Glad I was able to complete it this time.

Doompicnic
07-25-16, 10:42 AM
I was afraid I wasn't going to complete this in time. I just got my unicorn. Yay! I never usually complete story books but I had to try for the Grand Unicorn :)

ed_darko
07-25-16, 11:12 AM
What are the incubation/evolution times for the Grand Unicorn? Anyone know if we can breed with it? Been playing since the game started and don't have any gem animals :(, could this be my chance to start breeding them??

MellanieK
07-25-16, 12:33 PM
What are the incubation/evolution times for the Grand Unicorn? Anyone know if we can breed with it? Been playing since the game started and don't have any gem animals :(, could this be my chance to start breeding them??

I think it was like 35 or 36 hours breeding time for the grand unicorn.
Breeding it...i don't think we can yet since it is also a rainbow and as far as i know, we can't breed with those yet.

Silverrain1
07-25-16, 02:15 PM
First try for turtisle was 8 hours. Got it on second try so I will need to remember to leave it there tomorrow until the chapter starts, seeing as it will register when moved to or from the nest and not during being on the nest, glad I got it okish tho. Hoping to finish up pretty easily, but you never know!

poofyena
07-25-16, 06:49 PM
Just about made it with the food. Grand unicorn in storage waiting for my nest to be free

gail66
07-26-16, 12:58 AM
Come on we all worked hard to achive this goal. GRAND UNICORN yes people spend money trying to get it. So why can't it be breed ?... And how long before we can 😁😁😁😁😁DISAPOINTED URRRRR

MellanieK
07-26-16, 02:43 AM
Come on we all worked hard to achive this goal. GRAND UNICORN yes people spend money trying to get it. So why can't it be breed ?... And how long before we can ����������DISAPOINTED URRRRR

:cool: i did not spend a dime on it :cool:

LauraGSJK
07-27-16, 02:06 AM
I'm on chapter 9. I waited until the last minute to start this storybook (to gather as much food as possible). The first time we needed wrapping paper I only got 1 paper per hour of breeding time. Is that everyone else's experience? Looks like chapter 10 will take a little finagling.

Thank you everyone for posting your helpful tips. A huge thank you to Ninasidstorm8 & Kooky Panda!

Edit: Hey, I just noticed that some of my neighbors and I are now level 100. When did the maximum change? What a big leap!

NannaSherry
07-27-16, 04:30 AM
I'm on chapter 9. I waited until the last minute to start this storybook (to gather as much food as possible). The first time we needed wrapping paper I only got 1 paper per hour of breeding time. Is that everyone else's experience? Looks like chapter 10 will take a little finagling.

Thank you everyone for posting your helpful tips. A huge thank you to Ninasidstorm8 & Kooky Panda!

Edit: Hey, I just noticed that some of my neighbors and I are now level 100. When did the maximum change? What a big leap!

Happened yesterday during the Tuesday update. And the last chapter takes some finagling as you can't harvest until after you've planted the mana bananas. And you need 55, so it's about 8 hours of planting. You're wise to wait to start the storybook if you don't have enough apples. When one is coming I try to stockpile about 50,000 before we start. Because it's great to plan and plot out the steps, but if you run out of apples you're done. I know so many people who get to chapter 9 & then don't have enough apples. And that's a ****er to be so close to the big prize and not get it.

Cdnfroglover
07-27-16, 05:20 AM
I understand not being able to breed with the Grand Unicorn because of the rainbow... but noticed you can't breed with the Party Animal either. Why? Its only Nature/Fire.

TheRedElephant
07-27-16, 08:48 AM
Come on we all worked hard to achive this goal. GRAND UNICORN yes people spend money trying to get it. So why can't it be breed ?... And how long before we can ����������DISAPOINTED URRRRR
I am level 55 and have been playing for some time now.

I didn't know the grand unicorn couldn't be bred until after I spent all this time doing the story book, hatched it, feed it to level 10, then tried to breed it. Thought there was something wrong with my game because it didn't show up on the list when I tried to breed it with another animal. I checked the description, no mention of it in the description that it couldn't breed. Why not Storm 8? Not nice at all. Some celebration, you gave a totally worthless prize. Really dirty to do that to your customers. I'm deleting my game. :mad:

Silverrain1
07-27-16, 03:06 PM
This last chapter was awful! I struggled a bit and decided I was ok about spending a few gems to speed things up, the harvesting was brutal! I start work at 7 30 am and leave at 6pm and I can only check my phone maybe twice or 3 times in those times, so 1 hour crops were done to fast but 5 hour crops took to long. I speed up some farms and got the tokens, then fed and put turtisle in to evolve, let that be in there for a few hours then just speed up the rest, fed it again and now done, grand prize in storage. My second account is struggling here to as I'm working on only 4 farms and this one does not get any gems purchased on it. I may speed a little but not a lot for this account.

saucysammis
07-27-16, 07:54 PM
Since it is marked as not available through breeding I didn't expect that they'd make the Grand Unicorn able to mix in the breeding den. Still it is a generous prize! Having the gem elements such indispensable in battles. I glad I worked for it.

LauraGSJK
07-27-16, 11:56 PM
Happened yesterday during the Tuesday update. And the last chapter takes some finagling as you can't harvest until after you've planted the mana bananas. And you need 55, so it's about 8 hours of planting. You're wise to wait to start the storybook if you don't have enough apples. When one is coming I try to stockpile about 50,000 before we start. Because it's great to plan and plot out the steps, but if you run out of apples you're done. I know so many people who get to chapter 9 & then don't have enough apples. And that's a ****er to be so close to the big prize and not get it.

Thank you. Fortunately I'm great on food. How do you know when a storybook is coming? I just sorta guesstimate, and start stockpiling food when I think we are due. I still wait until it is about the last minute to start, so I can save as much food, & read what everyone has to say in the forums. People are so very helpful! (Including you:))

Am I correct that you get one wrapping paper per hour of breeding? Just in case, I planted three 20 hour crops last night. That way I do the mana bananas twice, & should be set.

Thanks again!

I am level 55 and have been playing for some time now.

I didn't know the grand unicorn couldn't be bred until after I spent all this time doing the story book, hatched it, feed it to level 10, then tried to breed it. Thought there was something wrong with my game because it didn't show up on the list when I tried to breed it with another animal. I checked the description, no mention of it in the description that it couldn't breed. Why not Storm 8? Not nice at all. Some celebration, you gave a totally worthless prize. Really dirty to do that to your customers. I'm deleting my game. :mad:

I'm so very sorry you feel this way. I'm very happy with the final prize, and hope it will be very valuable in the tournaments. I hope you change your mind. Either way, I wish you the very best!

MsMelanieMonster
08-11-16, 03:24 PM
Came here to find out how the Grand Unicorn would breed... Lol. I'm not at the point in FS where I don't have to struggle for coins to expand so the habitat yielding $50k is cool and the feeding points for leveling it up helped with the leaderboard. Slightly bummed I can't breed but still overall happy.

CuteTali
08-18-16, 05:39 AM
Does anyone know the weaknesses and strengths of the new rainbow element in FFS?

Drachenia
08-18-16, 06:26 AM
Does anyone know the weaknesses and strengths of the new rainbow element in FFS?

Hello CuteTali ! This is difficult because it can be different in each tournament strengths and weaknesses with the tournament