PDA

View Full Version : Under the Sea Catering Cruise (July 2016)

patayita
07-14-16, 02:30 PM
It's time to take the alunge, Chef! The Under the Sea Cruise has docked! Meet Debbie the Diver and submerge into the savory sensations of her Scallops! Complete all the orders in 10 days to add Seared Scallops to your menu!

http://i63.tinypic.com/245k65s.jpg

http://i66.tinypic.com/64ik48.jpg

Catering Cruise Guides
http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?83244-Cruise-Event-Guide
http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?83324-Orders-for-Cruise-Catering-Event*-(-o-)-*

Day 1: 75 gems required
1 coin = 3/4 gems
2 coins = 11/12 gems
3 coins = 26/27 gems
4 coins = 45/46 gems

Day 2: 150 gems required, Day 3: 200 gems required,
Day 4: 250 gems required, Day 5: 250 gems required
1 coin = 5 gems
2 coins = 15 gems
3 coins = 35 gems
4 coins = 60 gems

Day 6: 300 gems required
1 coin = 6 gems
2 coins = 18 gems
3 coins = 42 gems
4 coins = 72 gems

Day 7: 300 gems required
1 coin = 5 gems
2 coins = 15 gems
3 coins = 35 gems
4 coins = 60 gems

Day 8: 400 gems required
1 coin = 5/6 gems
2 coins = 17/18 gems
3 coins = 38/39 gems
4 coins = 68/69 gems

Day 9: 500 gems required
1 coin = 6 gems
2 coins = 18 gems
3 coins = 41 gems
4 coins = 71 gems

Day 10: 600 gems required
1 coin = 5 gems
2 coins = 15 gems
3 coins = 35 gems
4 coins = 60 gems

Time-limited Recipes

http://i63.tinypic.com/whiccy.jpg

http://i66.tinypic.com/2efn8dt.jpg

Melanie930
07-14-16, 02:38 PM
Yay for a couple new recipes even before completing the cruise:
Steak and shrimp scampi on commercial range (3 beef, 2 pasta, 1 potato)
Seashell Madeleines on the diner oven (1 sugar, 3 flour, 3 eggs)

cfhebjhjfleabchljfeabcaejfhcb
07-14-16, 02:54 PM
Holy guacamole! :eek:

the last event just ended and now we got a cruise already?!?!?

gracelinda
07-14-16, 03:39 PM
Got the quest to tap Debbie. But no ship

Alohatami
07-14-16, 03:47 PM

My thoughts exactly. Calgon! Take me away! 😛

privet111
07-14-16, 05:10 PM

the last event just ended and now we got a cruise already?!?!? it is always like that, cruise after the quest

pally101
07-14-16, 06:32 PM
Some nice looking decor with the cruise :cool::D

ghjvcucjb
07-14-16, 07:00 PM
Cute theme! Already a small problem. All my waiters have disappeared so no one serving food and all customers just sitting there swaying back and forth, not eating, not leaving. Pretty trippy. Haven't done the normal fixes yet because I was wondering how long it would last but now after 15 min will try to fix it.

littledarc3
07-14-16, 11:09 PM

Yeah. It's rough of you are a completionist. Plus 2 new recipes to master. Sigh. At least this time they don't have long timers for the ingredients like Mardi Gras cruise had.

Niire
07-15-16, 12:12 AM
I have what might be a silly question...I looked and could not find an answer. Can the gem dishes drop more than 1 gem at a time?

I have to say, and lots of folks probably won't agree...cruises are one of my fave types of events over all the S8 games I play. A challenge, but very doable with planning. ^^

littledarc3
07-15-16, 12:22 AM
Yes. What they drop is random. I think the highest I've seen personally is 4?

Niire
07-15-16, 12:25 AM
Yes. What they drop is random. I think the highest I've seen personally is 4?

Thanks! :) I have David Bowtie Pasta, and now hopefully will score Debby the Diver...seared scallops, sweet! I am a HUUUGE Hell's Kitchen fan, and they look like something that comes off of that show, lol!

Nuicakes
07-15-16, 06:43 AM
I have what might be a silly question...I looked and could not find an answer. Can the gem dishes drop more than 1 gem at a time?

I have to say, and lots of folks probably won't agree...cruises are one of my fave types of events over all the S8 games I play. A challenge, but very doable with planning. ^^

I started playing right before the Pride Cruise. David sometimes drops multiple gems and Pride Pizza sometimes gives multiple gems.

cfhebjhjfleabchljfeabcaejfhcb
07-15-16, 06:47 AM
it is always like that, cruise after the quest
Yea true but I guess the difference is I didn't enjoy the last event as it was too demanding where usually I finish with a few days to spare to have a little break.

Yeah. It's rough of you are a completionist. Plus 2 new recipes to master. Sigh. At least this time they don't have long timers for the ingredients like Mardi Gras cruise had. I always ignore the temporary recipes during cruises, they're too much of a hassle when planning for cruise deliveries.

Yes gem recipes sometimes drop more then 1 gem at a time. I have sometimes seen them drop 5 or 10 gems at a time but that's more rare. And if you have a lot of gem recipes it does add up over time. I almost always have a gem recipe cooking somewhere and regularly several at once. I have 12 gem recipes unlocked from cruises.

I do enjoy the cruise events but RS2 is the only S8 game I play. Since these events are so demanding all the time I don't event want to try another similar type game and run from event to event to event.

CocoMom101
07-15-16, 09:21 AM
How many cruise ship icons are required to complete each day of the cruise?

littledarc3
07-15-16, 01:33 PM
Each day is different. First post will get updated at some point and will reflect how many gems are taken off the coin total for each type of icon, 1-4. It gets harder as the days continue, but I can't give you an exact number as each cruise is different.

aineull
07-16-16, 03:43 AM
Is this a gem recipe? I don't see it in the screenshot, it usually says earns gems 🙃

CocoMom101
07-16-16, 06:57 AM
Yes. If you look at the complete prize list it shows gems for the final prize. Yay!

alyssaborealis
07-18-16, 07:06 AM
Hey Guys, for some reason it's taken a really long time for all my dishes to be served. My counters have been full the past 3 days and barely going down and I have lots more food to serve what can I do about this?

anicak84
07-18-16, 12:56 PM
Hey Guys, for some reason it's taken a really long time for all my dishes to be served. My counters have been full the past 3 days and barely going down and I have lots more food to serve what can I do about this?

Are enough costumers coming in? Door unblocked? Chairs in right acessible positions? Servers not locked in corners?

Force-close your game maybe?

If you are like me and have only a few chairs availabre for the cruise, your best option is to trash food, if you don't care so much about coins. Tap the counter with the food you want to trash and the little trash can icon.

Dinah68
07-21-16, 10:49 PM
When does Debbie the Diver come in your restaurant.

schlautje
07-22-16, 04:41 AM
When does Debbie the Diver come in your restaurant.
When you finish the cruise

yklub
07-23-16, 10:17 AM
I pray this is a high gem paying recipe, seeing how we need seven scallops to even prepare it.

ghjvcucjb
07-23-16, 11:19 AM

Yes, multiple gems

Cruises are my favorite! But for some reason I might not be able to finish this one. Not sure if they made them harder or it was because I didn't have my usual amount of stacked dishes due to that awful cowboy event prior. But I've already use over 100 gems and am still 400+ points away from finishing with only about 14 hours left.

ghjvcucjb
07-23-16, 11:21 AM
Yea true but I guess the difference is I didn't enjoy the last event as it was too demanding where usually I finish with a few days to spare to have a little break.

I always ignore the temporary recipes during cruises, they're too much of a hassle when planning for cruise deliveries.

Yes gem recipes sometimes drop more then 1 gem at a time. I have sometimes seen them drop 5 or 10 gems at a time but that's more rare. And if you have a lot of gem recipes it does add up over time. I almost always have a gem recipe cooking somewhere and regularly several at once. I have 12 gem recipes unlocked from cruises.

I do enjoy the cruise events but RS2 is the only S8 game I play. Since these events are so demanding all the time I don't event want to try another similar type game and run from event to event to event.
ITA on everything you said

ghjvcucjb
07-23-16, 11:24 AM

This happened to me last couple of cruises. I know they say they don't change the algorithms but it's odd it only happens during cruises. My work around is to make more chairs available to clear counters faster. If that doesn't work, then I start trashing dishes, usually the lowest amounts. The first few times it's hard but after awhile it gets easier to trash. Then don't make anything new except what the cruise asks for.

Candreozzi0115
07-23-16, 11:52 AM
Hey Storm8,

If I were to purchase the 4th slot for the cruise so that I can fill the ship faster, does it last the full extent of the cruise? (Every day of that particular cruise)? I am on day 9 and want to know that if I purchase today, that 4th slot will stay open tomorrow, the 10th day as well.

Thanks!!

schlautje
07-23-16, 01:54 PM
I finished the cruise about 4-5 hours ago and so far she visited twice. First drop was one scallop, second time I got two

kennyoz
07-23-16, 03:34 PM
Debbie visited twice. The first I got 2 and later I got 5. Looks like she visits every 3 hours.

ethan1brothers
07-23-16, 04:42 PM
we were wondering if the 4th menu spot stayed for every cruise or not .....

wazka1
07-23-16, 05:37 PM
The 4th spot stays open for the entire cruise but not for next cruise.

Candreozzi0115
07-23-16, 08:47 PM
The 4th spot stays open for the entire cruise but not for next cruise.

Thanks for responding! (:

sgr1953
07-23-16, 10:28 PM
Can't find my "Debbie the Diver" prize. :( Where do I find her? Please advise. Thanks

ostrao
07-24-16, 12:20 AM
So I finished all the tasks and I have recepie , now what ? How can I get scallops ? Debbie came once and brought 2 . I bought 5 scallops with gems , 5 gems. And I cooked once this new meal. But now what? Will Debbie come again and I should collect or I have to buy scallops with gems every time? I will not spend gems on that recepie. And that is not fair. I waisted lot of my time and effort to finish every day that task and to fill that ship. I don't want animated decorations I don't like. I want to cook that recepie.

Niire
07-24-16, 02:20 AM
Yes, Debbie will be like Cid, come into your shop all the time. I think every 3-4 hrs maybe? That's around what David Bowtie Pasta does from the last cruise. :) You will get the scallops for free just waiting for her, and each time you cook, you'll get 1-? gems when you get it off the oven <3

patayita
07-24-16, 10:52 AM
I am on vacation right now so I did not bother much with this event. Just started day 8 when my timer was out, so I did not finish the cruise. But it feels good anyway, want to enjoy the great weather instead of being glued to my iPad like the rest of the year, haha ;)

tuffyjkitten
07-24-16, 11:48 AM
Oooooo I should finish! Skipped the last 2 cruises to focus on learning recipes and it paid off. The only things I had to refresh were milk (once, not unlocked), ginger tea (once, not learned), and ginger snaps (twice, don't have the appliance yet). I was able to do every other order it threw at me! I'm excited by that. I used to fall behind on day 7 since I had to discard so many high coin recipes. I only fell a bit behind yesterday, finishing day 9 at about 930 am on day 10. :)

eicyarg
07-24-16, 03:22 PM
Finished cruise last night, but only collected 3 scallops so far, and need 7 for recipes. Maybe her diving suit slows her down from coming in restaurant! But I'm not complaining. I keep the Celebration stove and Jubilee stove busy pumping out gems. A good way to accumulate gems which I truly needed this cruise.

anicak84
07-24-16, 03:30 PM
Finally finished with 9 hours to go (but its already night time for me). First 8 days were nice, game went moody for the last two days, only hard to get ingredientes and recipes, but maneged to finish day 9 this morning and day ten just now with extensive use of helping hands I was saving for this precise moment :)

New recipe looks cute, only got my first visit so far with one drop. Now i have to figure out if I'll even try to master the limited time recipes since it feels like pointless work to me :P

gracelinda
07-24-16, 05:31 PM
Very disappointed. Just finished the cruise and it takes 7 scallops to make the recipe. This is way too many.

yummy_bistro
07-24-16, 08:57 PM
Doubt I can finish , with 4 hours to go and still on day 9 -_-

tuffyjkitten
07-24-16, 11:15 PM
Just finished with less than an hour left! Used up most of my quick serves and a few gems I got from Dream City to speed ingredient restocking, but I finished!!

kooky panda
07-25-16, 01:22 PM
Can't find my "Debbie the Diver" prize. :( Where do I find her? Please advise. Thanks
You do not receive her as a decoration. After you complete the cruise she will come into your restaurant. Tap on her.

Carbuck
07-25-16, 04:46 PM
Just finished with less than an hour left! Used up most of my quick serves and a few gems I got from Dream City to speed ingredient restocking, but I finished!!

Yay!

I am finished too. I also got my first scallop from Debbie.

diky123
08-02-16, 06:30 AM
Hi so im lvl 12 and i got the quest for tapping debbi twice.
I understand that she comes after i finish the cruise, but i cant find the way to start the cruise... any help? Btw im playing on android

Rynetory2
08-02-16, 06:38 AM
Welcome to the forum, diky123! :D

Unfortunately the cruise has ended and you wont be able to get Debbi now. :( You can ignore this goal and it will expire. Cruises are regular so dont worry if you missed this one, you'll have others to come. You will receive an in-game notification when there's a new cruise. Have fun.

Merged thread.