PDA

View Full Version : Castle Story: 7/21 | An Orchestrated Occasion | timed event | EXPIRED

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5

SpiritWind00
07-14-16, 04:01 AM
Storybook Event - An Orchestrated Occasion
Time zone converter (http://www.thetimezoneconverter.com): compare where you are with California

[==Update app to Version 1.5+ on iOS/Android, Level 15+, and will be available to start beginning 7/21. Once started, you will have 10 days to complete the event. The event will automatically start on 7/25 .==]
You can start the event any time between today and 8/3 which is when it will end for everyone.

Pictures from ShibuyaCloth are in this post: click here! (http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?92895-Castle-Story-7-21-An-Orchestrated-Occasion-timed-event-*Goals-in-Post-1*&p=1323116&viewfull=1#post1323116)

Tips from players (and me!)
1. It's not that you have one day to complete a chapter - it's that another chapter won't UNLOCK until the next day.
2. If you finish the chapter early, you have to wait for the remainder of the time to expire before the next chapter starts. You have to complete a chapter to begin the next chapter.
3. If you take longer than a day to complete a chapter then the next one will start sooner.
4. If you gem skip a chapter, the next one doesn't start sooner (you will wait even longer!).

Timing Info: The first chapter only gives you the remainder of 'day 1' to complete (which is easy to do this time!).

Note: I know it's been mentioned, but worth another mention... once you upgrade, the special items don't drop anymore from the harp, jester, music stand. Any unfinished side goals will stay in your book till it expires.

If you do not finish, the only way to fully upgrade the festival grounds is to use gems. All timed events are like this.

This post in the Hub (called How Community Events Work) has more info... http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?75916-How-to-use-the-Hub-to-find-information-and-ask-questions&p=1190378&viewfull=1#post1190378

The reward for finishing the event (before the timer runs out) is Aanpa the Satyr - a young satyr, here to join in the musical festivities! Aanpa is stationary (does not walk around).

Festival Grounds (limited timed event goal, level 15+) (2x2) limit 1 Cannot be sold
Info: The perfect spot for a music festival. Complete An Orchestrated Occasion to summon Aanpa the Satyr!
Collection time: 1 hour
Speed up: 2 gems
Drops: petals (all colours), living wood, magic fruit
Cost: 500 coin
Level 1/Build: 1 festival permit, 25 stone, 25 wood | 50/1 hour
Level 2: 10 musical ink, 20 white petals, 20 orange petals | 50/1 hour
Level 3: 12 musical ink, 30 white petals, 30 orange petals, 10 muted parchment | 50/1 hour
Level 4: 5 sheet music, 25 blue petal, 10 purple petal | coin/time | 50/1 hour
Level 5: 7 sheet music, 45 blue petals, 15 purple petals | 300/1 hour
Level 6: 7 sheet music, 5 lutes, 25 jewels, 10 red petals | 300/1 hour
Level 7: 10 sheet music, 10 lutes, 50 jewels, 15 red petal | 300/1 hour
Level 8: 10 sheet music, 15 lutes, 50 silver ore, 5 bows | 300/1 hour
Level 9: 10 sheet music, 20 lutes, 10 bows, 50 silver | 300/1 hour
Level 10: 15 sheet music, 30 lutes, 20 bows, 25 festival tickets | 300/1 hour
Note: Musical Ink is 10 gems each
Note: Sheet Music is 20 gems each
Note: Lute is 17 gems each
Note: Bow is 25 gems each

Grand prize
Aanpa the Satyr
Found: Grand prize for completing An Orchestrated Event, July 2016
Drops: Strawberries (x3), Sugar (x1), Magic Fruit (x1 or x2)

Chapter 1: Ivy - The weather is warming up, and the birds are singing! Speaking of singing -- it's the perfect weather to hold a music festival! I bet we could orchestrate quite the event, but we'll need a place to hold it.

Chapter 1:
Goal 1 Talk to Ivy 0/1 TALK (skip 5 gems) | just press 'talk', no need to visit Ivy. | Reward is 1 Festival Permit
Goal 2 Purchase the Festival Grounds 0/1 | 500 coin
Goal 3 Build Festival Grounds | 1 festival permit, 25 stone, 25 wood

Chapter 2: No music festival is complete without some classic entertainment! A Jolly Jester would be the perfect addition to get this party started.

Chapter 2:
Goal 1 Pay 100,000 coins (Let's hire a jolly jester!) PAY (skip 100 gems) | Note: Lower Leveled players only pay 10000 coin | Reward is 1 Musical Ink. Jolly Jester unlocked to place on board.
Goal 2 Collect Musical Ink (Collect from the jolly jester) 0/10 GO
Goal 3 Collect from the Festival Grounds Level 2 (upgrade festive grounds to level 2) | 10 musical inks, 20 white petals, 20 orange petals
Notes:
*Old Thomas' House also drops Musical Ink
* Goal 2: Ink from Old Thomas may not count toward this goal, it did for some and not for others

Chapter 3: The Baron: A music festival? What a perfect tourist attraction! We'll need to make more room for our traveling guests. Also -- someone needs to get to writing a ballad dedicated to your noble Baron. We;ll play it during the festivities. Chop chop!

Chapter 3:
Goal 1 Clear Debris from Your Kingdom (Make room for a celebration!) 0/10 CLEAR (skip 50 gems) | Reward is 1 Muted Parchment. Music Stand unlocked to place on board.
Goal 2 Collect Musical Parchment (Collect from the music stand) 0/10 GO
Goal 3 Collect from the Festival Grounds Level 3 (Upgrade the Festive Grounds to level 3) | 12 musical ink, 30 white petals, 30 orange petals, 10 muted parchment
Notes:
*Goal 1: Clearing 1 iron rich rock, log or tree log each counted; Patch of Tall Grass and Fern Patch do not count.

Chapter 4: The Baron: If you're going to do my ballad any justice, you're going to need examples of the classics. I'm sure our neighbors have some they'd be willing to share. Take a look at those, then create something much better. Be sure its fitting for a man of my stature!

Chapter 4:
Goal 1 Ask for Scores 0/5 (skip 40 gems) | Ask neighbours | Reward is 1 Sheet Music
Goal 2 Craft Sheet Music 0/3 CRAFT | 3 Musical Ink, 3 Muted Parchment | Workshop, 30 minutes
Goal 3 Collect from the Festival Grounds Level 4 (Upgrade the Festive Grounds to level 4) | 5 sheet music, 25 blue petal, 10 purple petal

Chapter 5: Young Ruler, what are these beautiful symphonies traveling in the air? I see you are throwing a music festival. Why, I have many books on the art of composition. Stop by the Library and take a look, you might find something useful.

Chapter 5:
Goal 1 Give Living Wood 0/50 GIVE (skip 500 gems) | Note: Lower Leveled players give 25 living wood
Goal 2 Collect from Libraries Level 5 0/2 GO (skip 50 gems) | Note: Lower Leveled players 0/1
Goal 3 Collect from the Festival Grounds Level 5 (Upgrade the Festive Grounds to level 5) | 7 sheet music, 45 blue petals, 15 purple petals

Chapter 6: Ivy:This festival is off to a good start! I've even seen the Baron checking things out. Let's spread the word to our neighbors and share the symphonic sounds we're making in the Kingdom!

Chapter 6:
Goal 1 Spread the Word 0/10 (Visit a neighbor and tap buildings with hearts) GO (skip 30 gems) | Reward is 1 Lute. Mystic Harp unlocked to place on board.
Goal 2 Collect lutes 0/5 (Collect from Mystic Harp) GO
Goal 3 Collect from the Festival Grounds Level 6 (Upgrade the Festive Grounds to level 6) | 7 sheet music, 5 lutes, 25 jewels, 10 red petals
Note: the Music Harp may not drop a lute on every collection. This is normal.

Chapter 7: I am famished! Where is the food? I can't have the guests witnessing my ballad on an empty stomach! Well, don't just stand there!

Chapter 7:
Goal 1 Harvest Corn 0/30 GO (skip 30 gems)
Goal 2 Tend Adult Pigs 0/50 GO (skip 250 gems) | Note: Lower Leveled players 0/25
Goal 3 Collect from the Festival Grounds Level 7 (Upgrade the Festive Grounds to level 7) | 10 sheet music, 10 lutes, 50 jewels, 15 red petal
Note: All pigs count - Royal, Albino, Pink, Black, and Sir Pigglesworth. Sir Hamlet doesn't.

Chapter 8: I see the Baron's been bugging you about the food too. I think the people will lose their appetite listening to a ballad dedicated to him. Anyways, I'm preparing some Simple Feasts if you'd like to help.

Chapter 8:
Goal 1 Serve Simple Feasts 0/10 GIVE (skip 200 gems) | Reward is 1 Bow. String Quartet unlocked to place on board. | Note: Lower Leveled players 0/5
Goal 2 Collect more Bows 0/5 (Collect from String Quartet)
Goal 3 Collect from the Festival Grounds Level 8 (Upgrade the Festive Grounds to level 8) | 10 sheet music, 15 lutes, 50 silver ore, 5 bows
Note: the String Quartet may not drop a bow on every collection. This is normal. Drops are 0-4.

Chapter 9: With all of this wonderful music, I would not be surprised if you ran across the likes of a Satyr. they're often drawn to the sounds of music and festivities. Try looking around, Young ruler, maybe you will find one.

Chapter 9:
Goal 1 Visit Market Places 0/4 GO (skip 100 gems)
Goal 2 Visit Cottages 0/20 GO (skip 200 gems)
Goal 3 Collect from the Festival Grounds Level 9 (Upgrade the Festive Grounds to level 9) | 10 sheet music, 20 lutes, 10 bows, 50 silver
Goal 1 - Visit Market Place (0/4) (Tap on Market Place)
Goal 2 - Visit Cottages (0/20) (Tap on Cottages)

Chapter 10: What is going on? There's a Satyr around here causing a ruckus! We'll need to distract him before he ruins my ballad. See if you canfind something that will distract him. Perhaps a musical instrument of some sort?

Chapter 10:
Goal 1 Visit Community Kingdoms 0/20 VISIT (skip 200 gems)
Goal 2 Collect from a Theater Level 5 0/1 GO (skip 50 gems) | Reward is 25 Festival Tickets. | Note: Lower Leveled players collect from a Level 5 Conservatory
Goal 3 Collect from the Festival Grounds Level 10 (Upgrade the Festive Grounds to level 10) | 15 sheet music, 30 lutes, 20 bows, 25 festival tickets
Link to Building Guide for info on upgrading a theater/conservatory (http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?76392-Castle-Story-Building-Guide)

Side Goals: Musical Maintenance

Ivy: These are the things we'll need next to upgrade the Festival Grounds! Make sure to gather as much as you can!
Part 1
* Collect Musical Ink 0/10 | (ones you collect from Old Thomas' House and Jester count. If not, force close)
* Collect White Petals 0/20 | Note: inventory counts, should say 'have'
* Collect Orange Petals 0/20 | Note: inventory counts, should say 'have'
Rewards: 240 coins, 2xp, 5 Energy
Congratulations! Ivy: Just what we needed for the Festival Grounds!

Ivy: These are the things we'll need to upgrade the Festival Grounds! Make sure to gather as much as you can!
Part 2
* Collect Musical Ink 0/10 (skip 100 gems)
* Collect Muted Parchment 0/12
* Collect White Petals 0/20

Ivy: These are the things we'll need to upgrade the Festival Grounds! Make sure to gather as much as you can!
Part 3
* Collect Sheet Music 0/5 - (1 Sheet Reward from completing Chapter 4 Goal 1)
* Collect Blue Petals x/x (auto-completed)
* Collect Purple Petals 0/10 (auto-completed)

Part 4
* Collect Sheet Music (make in the Workshop) 0/7 - (5 previous ones counted for me)
* Collect Blue Petals x/x (auto-completed)
* Collect Purple Petals x/x (auto-completed)

Part 5
* Collect Lutes (Collect from the Mystic harp)1/5 (Reward of 1 from Act 6 Goal 1)
* Collect Sheet Music (Make in the Workshop) 0/10
* Collect Red Petals x/x (auto-completed) (10 or 15?)
* Collect Jewels x/x (auto-completed) (25 or 50?)
Rewards: 1,100 coins, 4xp, 10 Energy

Part 6
*Collect Lutes (Collect from the Mystic Harp) 5/10 (Inventory counted)
*Collect Sheet Music (Make in the Workshop) 0/15 (Inventory did not count)
*Collect Red Petals x/x (auto-complete)
*Collect Jewel x/x (auto-complete)

Part 7
*Collect Bows 1/5 (1 was reward from Chapter 8 - Goal1)
*Collect Lutes 0/15
*Collect Sheet Music 0/10
*Collect Silver Ore 0/50

Part 8
*Collect Bows 0/10
*Collect Lutes 0/20
*Collect Sheet Music 0/10
*Collect Silver Ore 0/50
Rewards: 1,800 coins, 6xp, 20 Energy

Part 9
*Collect Bows 0/20
*Collect Lutes 0/30
*Collect Music Sheets 0/15
*Collect Festival Tickets 0/25
Rewards: 1,800 coins, 6xp, 20 Energy

Inventory Items:

Festival Permit
Found: reward from goal
Uses: item in building the Festival Grounds

Musical Ink
Info: A black ink used to compose Sheet Music and upgrade the Festival Grounds
Found: Jolly Jester, Old Thomas' house
Drops / Uses: item used to upgrade Festival Grounds

Muted Parchment
Info: A durable material used to compose Sheet Music and upgrade the Festival Grounds
Found: Music Stand, Library

Sheet Music
Info: A beautiful ballad. Use to upgrade the Festival Grounds
Crafted: workshop, 30 minutes

Bow
Info: A necessary piece to play stringed instruments. Use to upgrade the Festival Grounds
Found: String Quartet (not every time)

Lute
Info: A melodic stringed instrument. Use to upgrade the Festival Grounds
Found: Mystic Harp (not every time)

Jolly Jester cannot be sold
Found: market, 0 coin | +15/2 Hours
Speed up: 8 gems
Drops: 1-3 Musical Ink
Collection time: 2 hours

Music Stand
Info: A classic Music Stand. Drops Muted Parchment.
Found: market, 0 coin | +15/2 Hours
Speed up: 6 gems
Drops: Muted Parchment
Collection time: 1.5 hours

Mystic Harp
A beautiful stringed instrument. Drops Lutes.
Found: market 0 coin | +15/30 mins
Speed up: 2 gems
Drops: Lutes (not every time)
Collection time: 30 minutes

String Quartet
A String Quartet fit for any musical event! Drops Bows.
Found: market 0 coin | +15/1 hour
Drops: Bows (not every time)

Bugs/glitches and fixes!

Hello everyone!

We've found and implemented a fix, which should be live now! We addressed this issue by reducing the Sheet Music requirements for Stages 6 through 10. The new requirements are as follows:

Stage 6: 7 Sheet Music
Stage 7: 10 Sheet Music
Stage 8: 10 Sheet Music
Stage 9: 10 Sheet Music
Stage 10: 15 Sheet Music

Currently, players who started on Day 1 should be on Day 8, presuming they didn't skip ahead - thus, we will be crediting all players who are currently on or after Day 6 with some Sheet Music which should make up the difference between the previous requirements and the new, reduced requirements. This should put all those players back on track to complete (with a slight additional boost for Day 6 and Day 7 players :) ).

We also received the feedback that Aanpa's drops were not satisfying. We've addressed this by increasing the chance and quantity of Magic Fruit :)

Thank you all again for the feedback! Without you guys, we would not have known about this issue. Please continue voicing all of your feedback and concerns, and we will do what we can to keep making these events better!

Thank you for playing Castle Story! Good luck with the rest of the event <3
Update 31 July

Hello everyone! Been trying to log in from the salon for the better part of an hour @__@ Wanted to let you all know I'm right here with you all, I'm experiencing the connection issues as well. I cannot make any promises, but I will discuss this with the team when we're all back in the office on Monday.

Sorry for these issues! Have a great weekend everyone <3

update on issue, posted Aug 1 (Mon)

Hello!
I'm currently discussing this with the team. I can't make any promises, but I'm investigating the breadth of the problem at least.

update on issue, posted Aug 2 (Tues)

The timer on the Musical Maintenance Goals were incorrect, so it has been fixed and increased by a day for those who will be playing the event until the 4th.

If you have questions about the outage, please write to support@storm8.com.

Side Goals:
Q: Will the side goals also be updated?

I believe our crediting tools do not interact with certain quest tasks, unfortunately :(

owever, these goals are not meant to be vital - they are just there as a reminder to continue collecting those resources even if the day has been "completed," and to point to where to get those resources. The energy received from completing those quests is not calculated into the difficulty tuning of the event.

Update:

The side Goals do not remove any items.

The side Goals only keep track of how many of that item you have collected, not have at the moment. For example, if you collect 5 Sheet Music, the task will show 5/10 Sheet Music. If you use the 5, you have 0 in your inventory, but the Goal progress will still show that you have collected 5/10 still. If you collect another one, you have 1 in your inventory now but your Goal progress will show 6/10 collected. Once you have collected 4 more, the task will complete with 10/10 collected, but you have 5 in your inventory.

So it may look like you had more and you lost them, but the number in the task does not represent how many you have in your inventory. I've forwarded this feedback to the game team so they're aware of this for future events.

Hey everyone!

We've decided to adjust the values for the side goals so they match the requirements. The side goals do not have any effect on completion of the event, however they were causing confusion already and more so on top of yesterday's adjustments. Hopefully, fixing the discrepancy between the side goals and the new building requirements will address some of that - in the future, we'll be taking another look at how we handle side quests of this nature such that there's no concern about loss of materials but they also don't penalize you guys if you upgrade prior to finishing the side quest :)

Thanks everyone for your continued feedback! Keep it coming, it really helps us get an accurate idea of y'alls experience :)

Hope you enjoy the rest of the event!

Solientus
07-21-16, 01:16 PM
Just plopping this in here for a place to post until SW00 makes a place...so Musings thread doesn't get sidetracked.

Chapter 1
1st---talk to Ivy (just press talk, no need to visit her house) reward--- festival permit
2nd-- buy festival grounds (500 coins)
3rd--build festival grounds (1 festival permit, 25 stone, 25 wood)

I didn't think to take screen shots, it was all done in less than a minute. Not gemming ahead, so 10 hours until I see more.Post by PrincessCupOButter! Thanks

Chapter 2

Goal 1 - Pay 100,000 coins (Let's hire a Jolly Jester!)
Goal 2 - Collect Musical Ink (Collect from the Jolly Jester). 0/10
Goal 3 - Upgrade Festival Grounds to Level 2
(10 Musical Ink, 20 White Petals, 20 Orange Petals)

Timer on the Jester is 2 hours (8 gems to speed up), Jester drops - 1-3 Musical Ink per collection

Chapter 3
Goal 1 - Clear debris from your kingdom (Make room for a celebration!) 0/10, (Reward Music Stand?)
(Clearing 1 Iron rich rock counted as 1. Clearing a log counted as 1. Clearing a tree log only used 2 energy.)
Goal 2 - Collect Muted Parchment (Collect from the Music Stand) 0/10
Goal 3 - Collect from the Festive Grounds Level 3 (Upgrade the Festival Grounds to level 3)
(12 Musical ink, 30 White Petals, 30 Orange Petals, 10 Muted Parchment, )

Timer on Music Stand is 1.5 hours (6 gems speed up)

Chapter 4
Goal 1 - Ask for Scores (See examples of other's music). 0/5, (Ask/Visit? Neighbours?)

Thanks Gilachaya!

Side Goal - Musical Maintenance, Part 1
Collect 10 Musical Ink
Collect x White Petals
Collect x Orange Petals
(x=Amount not available as items already in inventory)

Festival Grounds Level 1, collection timer is 1 hour, 2 Gems to speed, Reward - 50coins, 1 xp.

Forgive me if this question is naive, as it is the first storybook for me.
But is it timed? It doesn't seem to be.
@Hexappeal It's 10 Days (timed) and not required (optional) to advance the main storyline as far as I know. One can just work on normal goals during this event if they wanted to.

I think it's safe to say go ahead and collect from any buildings you want. Up until to Day/Act 4 no building taps or animal collections have been required.

I'll stop updating this post once SW is on lunch break, I think I'll be in bed by then anyways :P

pawerdise
07-21-16, 01:22 PM
Festival Grounds 1 hour timer 2 gems to speed up - nothing dropped

undead30k
07-21-16, 01:27 PM
10 Day Event - Starting today would mean the last of the event should be on a Saturday. Starting the event tomorrow should give the last day on a Sunday. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

PrincessCupOButter
07-21-16, 01:28 PM
Thanks Solientus!

Here's the teaser pic from chapter 2

4 new items under featured....looks like we'll be unlocking the jester in chapter 2

pawerdise
07-21-16, 01:30 PM
10 Day Event - Starting today would mean the last of the event should be on a Saturday. Starting the event tomorrow should give the last day on a Sunday. Please correct me if I'm wrong.
Correct.. but remember that 3AM EST is the day starter. So if you start Chapter 1 at 2:59AM EST Chapter 2 will start 1 minute later. Unless I am mistaken as mine I started already and it says day 2 starts 10Hrs 28 Minutes Eastern Standard Time

SpiritWind00
07-21-16, 01:33 PM
Hi all! I'm working today, so I will be around at lunch (6.30am for me now) to write up goals. Till then, I have closed the sneak peek, merged threads (thanks for starting it Solientus :)). If there are any issues, can you PM me so I can action it faster. Thanks all!

gilachaya
07-21-16, 01:36 PM
Chapter 2

Goal 1 - spend 100,000 coins (We need a jolly jester)
Goal 2 - Collect 10 musical ink (from Jolly Jester).

Then the goal became:

Musical maintenance Part 1

Collect musical ink (1/10) Collect from the jolly jester
Collect white petals
Collect orange petals

I already had them in stock so I don't know how many petals are needed

bwunderbach
07-21-16, 01:37 PM
Chapter 2

Goal 2 - Collect 10 ink (from Jolly Jester).

Do you know what the timer is on the Jester?

meme1098
07-21-16, 01:38 PM
Didn't we just do a storybook event? :confused:
Gonna be going on vacation in a week so hopefully I can get this done but if not I won't fret over it. Just don't have the enthusiasm for CS for quite awhile now.

Anyway, good luck everybody.

Solientus
07-21-16, 01:39 PM
I checked through the Kitchen, Workshop, and Magic Forge...no sneak peeks of upcoming crafts : /

gilachaya
07-21-16, 01:41 PM
Do you know what the timer is on the Jester?

The timer on the jester is 2 hours (8 gems to speed up)

bwunderbach
07-21-16, 01:43 PM
The timer on the jester is 2 hours (8 gems to speed up)

Thanks!

gilachaya
07-21-16, 01:45 PM
First collection of the jester gave 3 inks. Second, third and fourth collection gave 1 ink each. Fifth collection gav me 3 inks.

Solientus
07-21-16, 01:47 PM
First collection of the jester gave 3 inks. Second and third collection gave 1 ink each.

Thanks so much btw. I'm trying to add whatever you've gotten to the second post. Much appreciated!

NorthWoodsKingdom
07-21-16, 01:49 PM
Chapter 2

Goal 2 - Collect 10 musical ink (from Jolly Jester).

Then the goal became:

Musical maintenance Part 1

Collect musical ink (1/10) Collect from the jolly jester
Collect white petals
Collect orange petals

I already had them in stock so I don't know how many petals are needed

Oh joy... Another storybook event, my absolute fave. (Not! lol)

...do you mean we have to collect 10 ink twice in a row or ...? (Little confused by "then the goal became...")

gilachaya
07-21-16, 01:52 PM
Chapter 2 Goal 3

Collect from the Festive Grounds level 2 (upgrade festive grounds to level 2)

To upgrade we need:

10 musical inks
20 white petals
20 orange petals

gilachaya
07-21-16, 01:55 PM
Chapter 3:

Goal 1 of 3: Clear debris from your kingdom (Make room for a celebration!) 0/10

Clearing 1 iron rich rock, log or tree log each counted as 1. Clearing a tree log only used 2 energy.

Goal 2 of 3: Collect musical parchment (Collect from the music stand) 0/10 timer is 1:30 hours. Speeding up is 6 gems.

Goal 3 of 3: Collect from the Festive Grounds Level 3 (Upgrade the Festive Grounds to level 3)

To upgrade we need:

30 white petals
30 orange petals
10 muted parchment
12 musical ink

gilachaya
07-21-16, 02:04 PM

...do you mean we have to collect 10 ink twice in a row or ...? (Little confused by "then the goal became...")

Sorry for the confusion. There were 2 simultaneous goals. We only need to collect 10 ink total.

robotparade
07-21-16, 02:14 PM
Another story book event. ::sigh:: Good luck, everyone.

gilachaya
07-21-16, 02:17 PM
Chapter 4:

Goal 1of 3 Ask for scores (See examples of other's music). 0/5

mina_32
07-21-16, 02:20 PM
Bad timing for me. 😭 Hope I can do it. 😭

Sandybellee
07-21-16, 02:30 PM
Bad timing for me. 😭 Hope I can do it. 😭

Me too! Was hoping there would be no events next week. Might as well start tomorrow and see if I can manage it. I hope you make it!

Good luck to everyone!

federerGOAT
07-21-16, 02:32 PM
Looks manageable so far.

PrincessCupOButter
07-21-16, 02:35 PM

I know....I was so disappointed when I saw the goal on the right instead of in the goal book. :(
So many players are constantly saying "Please, no more storybook events and please no more timed events like the stag/griffin."
And so many players are begging for storyline or even another monster hunt....apparently THAT particular feedback is not being processed.

Soooo...maybe it's time for a little reverse psychology.....

"Please S8, whatever you do, please, please, never do another monster hunt or storyline update. We don't want those yucky things. We LOVE crazy timed events and storybooks!"

Hey! It could work! Lol

Solientus
07-21-16, 02:37 PM
"Please S8, whatever you do, please, please, never do another monster hunt or storyline update. We don't want those yucky things. We LOVE crazy timed events and storybooks!"

You made me lol irl!

flowerqueen007
07-21-16, 02:43 PM
Please its only been open a couple of hours can we not complain about it yet :) it is optional, you dont have to do it

iamvan2
07-21-16, 03:03 PM
Another storybook event; ok. Hope this one is fun. I personally hope there is NEVER another monster hunt. I would like an update that extends the main storyline. But oh well.

PrincessCupOButter
07-21-16, 03:04 PM
I apologize. :( If it helps, I'm not complaining about this particular event, just storybooks in general. I did try to add a little humor.

All of the recent events have been optional, as is playing the game itself. I choose to play, but if we don't provide feedback, how will the developers know what players like or dislike? Personally, I'd like to get back to the fun game I started playing. I want to know what's up with the locket. I want to know the connection between Griselda and Ivy & Belladonna. I want to know if Agnes returns Old Thomas' feelings. And since I've completed everything except the optional events... I choose to do them, but I'd prefer to do them without a forced wait time in between chapters.

nickiz09
07-21-16, 03:08 PM
Are we supposed to be getting magic ink after the chapter 1? I don't speed through, but I've been collecting and not gotten anything?

PrincessCupOButter
07-21-16, 03:09 PM
Are we supposed to be getting magic ink after the chapter 1? I don't speed through, but I've been collecting and not gotten anything?

Not yet, the jester we get in chapter 2 drops the magic ink .

Solientus
07-21-16, 03:10 PM

The beginning of Day/Act 2 you pay 100k for the Jolly Jester. He's the one that drops 1-3 Musical Ink every collection (2hours).

Medhba
07-21-16, 03:21 PM
I apologize. :( If it helps, I'm not complaining about this particular event, just storybooks in general. I did try to add a little humor.

All of the recent events have been optional, as is playing the game itself. I choose to play, but if we don't provide feedback, how will the developers know what players like or dislike? Personally, I'd like to get back to the fun game I started playing. I want to know what's up with the locket. I want to know the connection between Griselda and Ivy & Belladonna. I want to know if Agnes returns Old Thomas' feelings. And since I've completed everything except the optional events... I choose to do them, but I'd prefer to do them without a forced wait time in between chapters.

You posted my feelings much better than I could. I'm so ready for the main storyline to be further developed, but I'd be happy for a monster hunt at this point. *sigh* Oh well, I DO love Castle Story, so storybook it is. On with the show!

peachtreeshoppe
07-21-16, 03:27 PM
Please its only been open a couple of hours can we not complain about it yet :) it is optional, you dont have to do it

Yes! Thank you! :)

room27
07-21-16, 03:31 PM

Couldn't have said it better myself. Thanks for putting my thoughts on 'paper' for me!

flowerqueen007
07-21-16, 03:34 PM

I am sorry I wasnt directing that at anyone, I am sure in a couple of days there will be plenty to complain about :)

But, do you remember when we didnt have these optional events? We would go weeks with nothing to do, I would much rather have the choice to do something than no option at all.

pawerdise
07-21-16, 03:37 PM

I agree with both guys.. complaining can sometimes lead to overall distraction and is usually not constructive but I feel that most like Princess are providing feedback and to add its Very Good Feedback. I am also on the side that I would welcome more storyline. I tend to believe that Storyline is being worked on and I hope it will knock our socks off. Do not think that just because they are producing non-storyline events that this is taking away from their work on storyline - at least if my altruistic thinking is not misguided. I love this game and welcome any challenge.

Medhba
07-21-16, 03:47 PM
I agree with both guys.. complaining can sometimes lead to overall distraction and is usually not constructive but I feel that most like Princess are providing feedback and to add its Very Good Feedback. I am also on the side that I would welcome more storyline. I tend to believe that Storyline is being worked on and I hope it will knock our socks off. Do not think that just because they are producing non-storyline events that this is taking away from their work on storyline - at least if my altruistic thinking is not misguided. I love this game and welcome any challenge.

I wish there were a "like" button.

parlski
07-21-16, 04:10 PM
theres no stress for finishing this quest as I'm not entirely sure I want a half naked goat boy walking about my kingdom.
it's not like you can put him away if you don't like him. my cross eyed faerie still flies about sideways, but my level six forest tree is in storage.

lillybuz
07-21-16, 04:13 PM
So....If I wait until Monday to start this, will I still have 10 days? I'm on vacation.:cool:

pawerdise
07-21-16, 04:24 PM
So....If I wait until Monday to start this, will I still have 10 days? I'm on vacation.:cool:

Depends on when the AutoStart occurs.. cant remember the usual delay from voluntarily starting to automatic. Last storyline was 4 day delay to AutoStart. so that puts it starting by itself on Monday at prolly 12 AM Pacific 3 AM Eastern

ShibuyaCloth
07-21-16, 04:25 PM
Chapter 1:

http://www.portailsmm.com/cs/rsc/thumb50615.png_2v_31020.png
Festival Permit (http://www.portailsmm.com/cs/inventory2.html#_FestivalPermit)
Info: The permit required to hold a musical festival.
Type: Material
Source: Event
Events: An Orchestrated Occasion - July 2016
Cap: 99
Link: http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?92895

http://www.portailsmm.com/cs/rsc/thumb212000.png_2v_31020.png
Festival Grounds L1 (http://www.portailsmm.com/cs/inventory2.html#_FestivalGroundsL1)
Info: The perfect spot for a music festival. Complete an Orchestrated Occasion to summon Aanpa the Satyr!
Type: Building
Size: 2x2
Requirements: 500 coins // 25 Stone, 25 Wood, 1 Festival Permit
Drops: Coins
Timer: 60 minutes // 1 hour
Speed-up: 2 gems

Chapter 2:

http://www.portailsmm.com/cs/rsc/thumb702049.png_2v_31020.png
Jolly Jester (http://www.portailsmm.com/cs/inventory2.html#_JollyJester)
Info: A Jolly Jester hired to help with the music festival. Drops Musical Ink.
Type: Decoration
Size: 1x1
Drops: Musical Ink
Timer: 120 minutes // 2 hours
Speed-up: 8 gems
Cap: 1

http://www.portailsmm.com/cs/rsc/thumb50616.png_2v_31020.png
Musical Ink (http://www.portailsmm.com/cs/inventory2.html#_MusicalInk)
Info: A black ink used to compose Sheet Music and upgrade the Festival Grounds.
Requirements: 10 gems
Found: Jolly Jester, Old Thomas's House
Used for: Festival Grounds

http://www.portailsmm.com/cs/rsc/thumb212001.png_2v_31020.png
Festival Grounds L2 (http://www.portailsmm.com/cs/inventory2.html#_FestivalGroundsL2)
Info: The perfect spot for a music festival. Complete an Orchestrated Occasion to summon Aanpa the Satyr!
Requirements: 10 Musical Ink, 20 White Petal, 20 Orange Petal

Chapter 3:

http://www.portailsmm.com/cs/rsc/thumb702050.png_2v_31020.png
Music Stand (http://www.portailsmm.com/cs/inventory2.html#_MusicStand)
Info: A classic Music Stand. Drops Muted Parchment.
Drops: Muted Parchment
Timer: 90 minutes // 1.5 hours
Speed-up: 6 gems

http://www.portailsmm.com/cs/rsc/thumb50617.png_2v_31020.png
Muted Parchment (http://www.portailsmm.com/cs/inventory2.html#_MutedParchment)
Info: A durable material used to compose Sheet Music and upgrade the Festival Grounds.
Found: Music Stand, Library

http://www.portailsmm.com/cs/rsc/thumb212002.png_2v_31020.png
Festival Grounds L3 (http://www.portailsmm.com/cs/inventory2.html#_FestivalGroundsL3)
Requirements: 12 Musical Ink, 30 White Petal, 30 Orange Petal, 10 Muted Parchment

Chapter 4:

http://www.portailsmm.com/cs/rsc/thumb20098.png_2v_31020.png
Score
Found: Neighbor

http://www.portailsmm.com/cs/rsc/thumb50618.png_2v_31020.png
Sheet Music (http://www.portailsmm.com/cs/inventory2.html#_SheetMusic)
Info: A beautiful ballad. Use to upgrade the Festival Grounds.
Crafted in: Workshop
Requirements: 20 gems // 3 Musical Ink, 3 Parchment
Timer: 30 minutes
Comments: A beautiful ballad for the Baron.

http://www.portailsmm.com/cs/rsc/thumb212003.png_2v_31020.png
Festival Grounds L4 (http://www.portailsmm.com/cs/inventory2.html#_FestivalGroundsL4)
Requirements: 25 Blue Petal, 10 Purple Petal, 5 Sheet Music

Chapter 5:

http://www.portailsmm.com/cs/rsc/thumb212004.png_2v_31020.png
Festival Grounds L5 (http://www.portailsmm.com/cs/inventory2.html#_FestivalGroundsL5)
Requirements: 45 Blue Petal, 15 Purple Petal, 7 Sheet Music

Chapter 6:

http://www.portailsmm.com/cs/rsc/thumb702051.png_2v_31020.png
Mystic Harp (http://www.portailsmm.com/cs/inventory2.html#_MysticHarp)
Info: A beautiful stringed instrument. Drops Lutes.
Drops: Lute
Timer: 30 minutes

http://www.portailsmm.com/cs/rsc/thumb50619.png_2v_31020.png
Lute (http://www.portailsmm.com/cs/inventory2.html#_Lute)
Info: A melodic stringed instrument. Use to upgrade the Festival Grounds.
Requirements: 17 gems
Found: Mystic Harp

http://www.portailsmm.com/cs/rsc/thumb212005.png_2v_31020.png
Festival Grounds L6 (http://www.portailsmm.com/cs/inventory2.html#_FestivalGroundsL6)
Requirements: 25 Jewels, 10 Red petals, 7 Sheet Music, 5 Lute

Chapter 7:

http://www.portailsmm.com/cs/rsc/thumb212006.png_2v_31020.png
Festival Grounds L7 (http://www.portailsmm.com/cs/inventory2.html#_FestivalGroundsL7)
Requirements: 50 Jewels, 15 Red petals, 10 Sheet Music, 10 Lute

Chapter 8:

http://www.portailsmm.com/cs/rsc/thumb702052.png_2v_31020.png
String Quartet (http://www.portailsmm.com/cs/inventory2.html#_StringQuartet)
Info: A String Quartet fir for any musical event! Drops Bows.
Drops: Bow
Speed-up: 4 gems

http://www.portailsmm.com/cs/rsc/thumb50620.png_2v_31020.png
Bow (http://www.portailsmm.com/cs/inventory2.html#_Bow)
Info: A necessary piece to play stringed instruments. Use to upgrade the Festival Grounds.
Requirements: ?
Found: String Quartet

http://www.portailsmm.com/cs/rsc/thumb212007.png_2v_31020.png
Festival Grounds L8 (http://www.portailsmm.com/cs/inventory2.html#_FestivalGroundsL8)
Requirements: 10 Sheet Music, 15 Lute, 50 Silver Ore, 5 Bow

Chapter 9:

http://www.portailsmm.com/cs/rsc/thumb212008.png_2v_31020.png
Festival Grounds L9 (http://www.portailsmm.com/cs/inventory2.html#_FestivalGroundsL9)
Requirements: 10 Sheet Music, 20 Lute, 10 Bow, 50 Silver Ore

Chapter 10:

http://www.portailsmm.com/cs/rsc/thumb50621.png_2v_31020.png
Festival Tickets (http://www.portailsmm.com/cs/inventory2.html#_FestivalTickets)
Info: Tickets necessary to access the music festival. Use to upgrade the Festival Grounds.
Requirements: ?

http://www.portailsmm.com/cs/rsc/thumb212009.png_2v_31020.png
Festival Grounds L10 (http://www.portailsmm.com/cs/inventory2.html#_FestivalGroundsL10)
Requirements: 15 Sheet Music, 30 Lute, 20 Bow, 25 Festival Ticket
Drops: Coins, Petals, Living Wood, Magic Fruit

http://www.portailsmm.com/cs/rsc/thumb906069.png_2v_31020.png
Aanpa the Satyr (http://www.portailsmm.com/cs/inventory2.html#_AanpatheSatyr)
Info: A young satyr, here to join in the musical festivities!
Drops: Magic Fruit, Strawberries, Sugar

PrincessCupOButter
07-21-16, 04:25 PM

Yes. You will have 10 days from the day you started it. At some point it will auto-start, if you haven't started it yet, just keep checking post one for that date.

Jetzin
07-21-16, 04:51 PM
Correct.. but remember that 3AM EST is the starter. So if you start Chapter 1 at 2:59AM EST Chapter 2 will start 1 minute later. Unless I am mistaken as mine I started already and it says day 2 starts 10Hrs 28 Minutes Eastern Standard Time

Could someone confirm this - 3am California time? I've been trying to work it out. There's a time zone converter on all of the first posts but I don't know which time I need to convert!

pawerdise
07-21-16, 05:00 PM
Could someone confirm this - 3am California time? I've been trying to work it out. There's a time zone converter on all of the first posts but I don't know which time I need to convert!

Castle Story servers are on Pacific Standard Time(PST)..which is 3 hours difference from Eastern Standard Time(EST). So usual updates happen on Thursday 12pm Pacific Standard- ie Noon.. that makes it 3 PM Eastern Time. Story Line events such as this start at the just discussed time but for some reason the days that it relies on are kicked off on a opposite 12 hour delay. So Chapter 1 for this event started at 12 PM PST / 3 PM EST but Chapter 2 starts 12 Hours later at 12 AM PST / 3 AM EST. Then from that point on each day will start at Midnight PST

Thursday Update
Noon California - 3 PM Florida/ New York
Chapter 1 Starts if you Choose - Completion gives you countdown time for Chapter 2
In my case it will Start in 12 hours later so that makes it Midnight tonight Pacific Time. So as I Post since I am on Eastern its 7 hours way since its 8PM

lillybuz
07-21-16, 05:12 PM
Depends on when the AutoStart occurs.. cant remember the usual delay from voluntarily starting to automatic. Last storyline was 4 day delay to AutoStart. so that puts it starting by itself on Monday at prolly 12 AM Pacific 3 AM Eastern

ok....thanks for your reply!

jmterao
07-21-16, 05:18 PM
1. will this walk around the kingdom or be another stationary figure?

2. Is it a decoration that will drop a fraction of what it takes to obtain it?

I have not been real happy with the last few events. They were tedious and not a lot of fun. They took way to much in material to obtain without the hope of ever getting back anything of worth.

AnisWa
07-21-16, 05:20 PM
Hi, I thought I'd start collecting white and orange petals for Chapter 2. I'm only getting 15 coins and a star. None of the petal items are dropping petals, just coins. That's crazy.

meme1098
07-21-16, 05:25 PM
Hi, I thought I'd start collecting white and orange petals for Chapter 2. I'm only getting 15 coins and a star. None of the petal items are dropping petals, just coins. That's crazy.

Are you maxed on the petals?

Jetzin
07-21-16, 05:33 PM
Thank you Pawdise! It is confusing and I searched the forum for it but didn't come up with anything. Days change at 5pm for me then. :) That makes sense for gifts but the Griffin event ended in the morning.

AnisWa
07-21-16, 05:47 PM
Thanks, I checked my inventory.....yes, I have maxed.

robino23
07-21-16, 06:56 PM
I'm pretty sure I just received a musical ink from Old Thomas' house.

Dragosle
07-21-16, 06:57 PM
So... can a mod confirm that the Satyr boy is a resource-dropping decoration or a person that will be walking around the kingdom (like Thomas, Ivy and that fairy from the Cherry Hive event)?

jmterao
07-21-16, 07:37 PM
So... can a mod confirm that the Satyr boy is a resource-dropping decoration or a person that will be walking around the kingdom (like Thomas, Ivy and that fairy from the Cherry Hive event)?

Can a mod also confirm that the one we get will look like the one pictured? I still detest the ugly cross eyed fairy I am stuck with. Wish I could put her in storage.

sweetladybug
07-21-16, 08:02 PM


kattkrazie
07-21-16, 08:08 PM

You are correct. I too received a musical ink from Old Thomas's House.

1Crazyhead
07-21-16, 08:18 PM
A 10 day event!!! If I didn't have neighbours that "I think" depend on me at least a little to be around, I would try my hardest to advoid the game and the event temptation for those 10 days!!😩

seishy
07-21-16, 08:31 PM
another storybook event? *headdesk* Could we get a break from time events for a while, seriously. I'm seriously sick of these

PyrrhaForever
07-21-16, 08:36 PM
Hello everyone! I am a low level player looking for advice. I was really upset about all the resourses I wasted trying to do the griffin event. Now I'm wondering if it's even worth it to spend 100k on a jester. Do any more experienced players have advice for me? Will I be able to finish this quest without gems? The first few chapters look challenging, but not overly so. Will they stay this way or get ridiculous like the griffin quest? Will the prize be worth it? What has your previous experience with storybook quests? I want to participate, but I just got so badly burned with the griffin. Any advice you have would be appreciated.
Thanks, PyrrhaForever

netwiz3
07-21-16, 09:00 PM
Hello everyone! I am a low level player looking for advice. I was really upset about all the resourses I wasted trying to do the griffin event. Now I'm wondering if it's even worth it to spend 100k on a jester. Do any more experienced players have advice for me? Will I be able to finish this quest without gems? The first few chapters look challenging, but not overly so. Will they stay this way or get ridiculous like the griffin quest? Will the prize be worth it? What has your previous experience with storybook quests? I want to participate, but I just got so badly burned with the griffin. Any advice you have would be appreciated.
Thanks, PyrrhaForever

I'd give it a couple days and watch this thread for the details. In general, I would avoid events like this when I was a low level player unless all the details came out and it was both doable and clearly worth it.

There are way too many storyline goals that need your resources early on to "waste" them on timed goals with dubious rewards especially if there is a chance you won't reach the end reward.

storiadelcastello
07-21-16, 09:01 PM
Thanks, PyrrhaForever
Hi PyrrhaForever, i play the story book goals because I have no other goals (level 50 player, being playing since just after the love shack :()the challenges used to give awesome prizes, well worth the effort. Recently they are really disappointing, miss advertised or completely different than the prize advertised e.g essence pond that gives water not essence, sideways flying cross eyed fairy. I have lost faith in S8. If I like the look of the finished item I will go for it, such as the griffin. What a pain that challenge was. I only completed it cos I'm as stubborn as a mule. You will have lots to do with the main story line. Oh those fun days. Personally I would suggest keeping your resources and hard earned gold for the main story until you can stock up with items. Unless the item is something you really want. Most of the challenges are next to impossible for low level players unless they have different requirements. You could spend the next few days building up on resources such as petals wood etc and see how the event is going for other players before deciding. The forum has great people gemming ahead and keeping everyone updated. The challenge won't auto start for a few days and even then you don't have to participate.
Good luck and enjoy. Really loved this game when I had a story to follow. Probably not going to participate in this one. The faun is not to appealing and the jester properly scary (don't like clowns either )

CeceYumYummy
07-21-16, 10:18 PM
"mod also confirm that the one we get will look like the one pictured? I still detest the ugly cross eyed fairy I am stuck with. Wish I could put her in storage." Lol too funny - I totally agree

Sushina88
07-21-16, 10:50 PM
Hi everybody! I have a question...this week end im not gonna be able ti play cs so i was wondering, can i start the storybook event on monday and still have 10 days to complete it? Or no matter when i start it, it lasts till a specific date?!
Thank you!!!!

RevdKathy
07-21-16, 11:08 PM
Is it me or does that faun bear a striking resemblance to the lucky leprechaun?

Not complaining, yet, ;) but a couple of bits of feedback: I would have liked a longer break after the last timed marathon to get my Kingdom back in shape. And I would really like another beast hunt - I bought the beast bane and am maxed on tokens to exchange which I can't till the trolls come back. I doubt I'm the only one in this space either.

Zirilka
07-22-16, 12:20 AM
Just to let you know I had to pay only 10k not 100k for jester. I'm level 30 and relieved.

SpiritWind00
07-22-16, 12:53 AM
Just to let you know I had to pay only 10k not 100k for jester. I'm level 30 and relieved.
That's good news! If you're under level 30 can you post if any goals are different. May be worth running 2 sets of goals?

comeseecomesah
07-22-16, 01:16 AM

All of the recent events have been optional, as is playing the game itself. I choose to play, but if we don't provide feedback, how will the developers know what players like or dislike? Personally, I'd like to get back to the fun game I started playing. I want to know what's up with the locket. I want to know the connection between Griselda and Ivy & Belladonna. I want to know if Agnes returns Old Thomas' feelings. And since I've completed everything except the optional events... I choose to do them, but I'd prefer to do them without a forced wait time in between chapters. Well said!! I agree fully!! But storm8 knows they make more money from these timed events AND there ARE ppl who buy lots of gold to speed and complete them. That's why they are so difficult. I guess I'm stating the obvious lol. Good luck to all.
Guess we could make up and continue the storyline ourselves ha ha I'm sure there's lots of creative and perhaps wild players out there.

newzealander
07-22-16, 01:17 AM
I did too.

Zirilka
07-22-16, 01:20 AM
That's good news! If you're under level 30 can you post if any goals are different. May be worth running 2 sets of goals?

I shall let you know if there are any differences. This was the only one so far and I nearly wept with gratitude as I'm totally broke after the migration event.

spanisheyes1
07-22-16, 01:49 AM
What plant gives Orange petals? I have Talium Aranticum, but it's only giving blue stars....
I have just arrived to ask the same question. The silly thing is that I have some (about 40) in inventory but no idea where they came from.

StevenKevin
07-22-16, 02:05 AM
I LOVE that satyr!!!!! After all those foolish princesses, witches and fairies I did expect in my kingdom a male character who would be a bit more.... enticing than Good Ole Thomas to please my hero :-)
Unfortunately being on vacation next week i think ill never be able to get that awesome guest :-(

blackpearl9
07-22-16, 02:05 AM
I have just arrived to ask the same question. The silly thing is that I have some (about 40) in inventory but no idea where they came from.
Actually, it is the orange flower (talinum auranticum) which gives orange petals. And sometimes multicolor hedge, faery flowerbed and regular bushes.

ladyknightkeladry
07-22-16, 02:43 AM

Bush and Talinum Auranticum give orange petals. If you're only getting xp (blue stars), you're probably maxed out on orange petals

rembetiko
07-22-16, 03:10 AM
Thanks, PyrrhaForever

Probably not worthwhile for lower level players to try. At least I was never able to complete those goals with my other accounts which are lower level (even level 48 is hard).

And if at some point in this quest they will have again the requirement of "give 10 gold nuggets" (or something similar ridiculous) I will have to quit also in my level 50 account.

AnisWa
07-22-16, 03:21 AM
That's a good thing for you. It cost me 100k and I'm level 37. It was ready to place another Jester but I "x" it out, don't need to spend more gold on something so small.

SpiritWind00
07-22-16, 03:23 AM
That's a good thing for you. It cost me 100k and I'm level 37. It was ready to place another Jester but I "x" it out, don't need to spend more gold on something so small.
It doesn't let you hit the green tick twice, so you're safe ;) (I tried it)

Alicia1958
07-22-16, 03:42 AM
I have found out what happened... I have more than 99 in my storage. Therefore you only gain experience. So you must have gotten them earlier. The plant I mentioned is the one that gives Orange petals. If you haven't got one, you will have to buy.... Good luck.

carove
07-22-16, 03:57 AM
Probably not worthwhile for lower level players to try. At least I was never able to complete those goals with my other accounts which are lower level (even level 48 is hard).

And if at some point in this quest they will have again the requirement of "give 10 gold nuggets" (or something similar ridiculous) I will have to quit also in my level 50 account.

I'm sitting on this one until Monday to see how others go with it before committing myself. Last one was just too time consuming.

carove
07-22-16, 04:10 AM
You are correct. I too received a musical ink from Old Thomas's House.
That's handy to know

AnisWa
07-22-16, 04:39 AM
It doesn't let you hit the green tick twice, so you're safe ;) (I tried it)

Thank you. I have 99 white petals in my inventory....did not collect from that. However, I had 99 Orange petals and it checked off the required amount for 20 petals. Yes, it seems Ole Thomas House drops musical ink (I was excited..because I was expecting to wait the 2hrs from the Jester)....that's good to see. Good Luck, everyone! Hoping it's not a beast towards the end of this event.

vuvhappy
07-22-16, 04:41 AM
That's handy to know

I received 3 on my iPad and three on iPhone nice I was worried

AnisWa
07-22-16, 04:54 AM
The Jester just dropped 3 musical ink and Old Thomas's House dropped 2. So, maybe it won't be too bad....depending on what the next drops are.

Jamdraak
07-22-16, 05:08 AM
The Jester just dropped 3 musical ink and Old Thomas's House dropped 2. So, maybe it won't be too bad....depending on what the next drops are.

I also got a drop from old Thomas 's house, but it didn't count, if I look at THE storyline, there is still one and not three musical ink. ��

Solientus
07-22-16, 05:16 AM
Side Goal - Musical Maintenance, Part 1- 12 Day Timed
Collect 10 Musical Ink
Collect x White Petals
Collect x Orange Petals

I'm glad they giving some kind of reward this time rather then the "just keeping us on track" sort of thing.

However, the wording "Collect" and "Have" is wrong again since we only need it to be in our inventory. I'd prefer the Quest text be more precise.

spanisheyes1
07-22-16, 05:16 AM
I also got a drop from old Thomas 's house, but it didn't count, if I look at THE storyline, there is still one and not three musical ink. ��
It doesnt count in my storyline either BUT it does count in the ungrade so it isnt all bad.

Zirilka
07-22-16, 05:37 AM
Knowing my luck the final part will want 10 gold nuggets when I just used up all my stock for the golden pipes.
So far the event looks promising though. Thank you S8.

aurora171
07-22-16, 05:51 AM
Knowing my luck the final part will want 10 gold nuggets when I just used up all my stock for the golden pipes.
So far the event looks promising though. Thank you S8.

oh gosh, don't tempt fate!! I'm dreading any use of golden items after giving them up for main story line goals as well lol! I've just flipped up to level 31 and internally sobbing about this fact esp as I'd just bought a couple new buildings lol don't suppose there's a rewind button to take away some of the xp!

bwunderbach
07-22-16, 06:08 AM
It doesnt count in my storyline either BUT it does count in the ungrade so it isnt all bad.

Same here. I even tried force closing/restarting to encourage my storybook to notice the addition. Apparently, the storybook is not paying attention.

federerGOAT
07-22-16, 06:10 AM
Collect 10 Musical Ink
Collect x White Petals
Collect x Orange Petals

I'm glad they giving some kind of reward this time rather then the "just keeping us on track" sort of thing.

However, the wording "Collect" and "Have" is wrong again since we only need it to be in our inventory. I'd prefer the Quest text be more precise.

Need to collect 20 petals.

For some reason my white petals counted but the yellow ones didn't.:confused:

bwunderbach
07-22-16, 06:12 AM
Need to collect 20 petals.

Both white and orange petals already in my inventory counted. It was "have" and not "collect" for me for both.

M1mi04
07-22-16, 06:23 AM
Collect 10 Musical Ink
Collect x White Petals
Collect x Orange Petals

Mine showed the 2 collect petals as done and the game bugged. Then it showed the orange petals as completed but the white one showed 1/20! I tried to reset the game and all but it didn't work. Now I need to collect whites petals while I'm full... :(

PrincessCupOButter
07-22-16, 06:48 AM
I'm almost scared to post this (because I really don't want it to change!) but I collected from old Thomas and got 3 magic ink. They are showing up in both the storybook and the side goal. Both say 3/10 and I haven't collected from the jester yet. My festival grounds upgrade is showing 4/10, so I'm guessing we got one as a reward for placing the jester?

So, I've collected from other characters houses and not found any more magic ink. :-( But I'm curious, has anyone who's gone ahead found parchment from anywhere besides the music stand?

I do appreciate the reward for completing the side goals and the extra source of magic ink! Thumbs up S8!

Ps. The side goal is also showing that both orange and white petals are complete. I hate that it seems to be glitchy for some. :(
For those looking for orange petal sources, the fire lillies from the fire and ice dragons event drop orange petals. And maybe some of the flowers from the forest everything event will too.

paisley777
07-22-16, 06:49 AM
Is this iOS only or other platforms too?

Solientus
07-22-16, 06:53 AM
About the Petal Collect/Have:

Mine showed the 2 collect petals as done and the game bugged. Then it showed the orange petals as completed but the white one showed 1/20!(
Well looks like that is all sorts of messed up! Orange - no white, white - no orange, both...geez...

About the Magic Ink drops (Jester & Old T's house):

It doesnt count in my storyline either

They are showing up in both the storybook and the side goal.
Same Deal, lots of buggy things going on...

Collecting Musical Ink from Old Thomas's House:
iPad: counted in my inventory, but not in the storybook goal
iPhone 6S plus: counted BOTH in my inventory and in the storybook goal
So, I guess, if you have these 2 devices, switch to iPhone to collect from Old T's House.
Too many inconsistencies makes me a sad panda.

Is this iOS only or other platforms too?
I have this on Android

Solientus
07-22-16, 06:56 AM
My festival grounds upgrade is showing 4/10, so I'm guessing we got one as a reward for placing the jester?

So, I've collected from other characters houses and not found any more magic ink. But I'm curious, has anyone who's gone ahead found parchment from anywhere besides the music stand?

Yeah one Musical Ink was a reward.

As for the Muted Parchment, I'm curious as well if it drops from another source. I had to plunk out Old T's house this morning when I read the comments. It takes up too much room (for coin drop) and I usually have it put away till something needs it.

xology
07-22-16, 07:09 AM
I'm almost scared to post this (because I really don't want it to change!) but I collected from old Thomas and got 3 magic ink. They are showing up in both the storybook and the side goal. Both say 3/10 and I haven't collected from the jester yet. My festival grounds upgrade is showing 4/10, so I'm guessing we got one as a reward for placing the jester?

So, I've collected from other characters houses and not found any more magic ink. :-( But I'm curious, has anyone who's gone ahead found parchment from anywhere besides the music stand?

I do appreciate the reward for completing the side goals and the extra source of magic ink! Thumbs up S8!

Ps. The side goal is also showing that both orange and white petals are complete. I hate that it seems to be glitchy for some. :(
For those looking for orange petal sources, the fire lillies from the fire and ice dragons event drop orange petals. And maybe some of the flowers from the forest everything event will too.
Same here. Old Thomas gave me 1, and it counted in my storybook.

mikepastry
07-22-16, 07:10 AM

So, I guess, if you have these 2 devices, switch to iPhone to collect from Old T's House.

CocoMom101
07-22-16, 07:21 AM

I did too. Glad to know I wasn't seeing things!

jessiefromshimerville
07-22-16, 07:36 AM
Kudos s8... I noticed that there is a musical maintenance part 1 in the story book icon which shows the requirements for the upgrade of the festival grounds. Awesome. Last event,I would waste an energy to see my inventory status. Big big thank you for the change.

jessiefromshimerville
07-22-16, 07:42 AM
Mikepastry... My old t house ink counted in the story book on my iPad 2. You may need to force a power down and restart to reset the count. Thanks for sharing your Intel... I tend to minimize my clicks on things that I don't think affect the event when in these timed events. I would not have clicked on the old t house if not for your post.

PrincessCelestian
07-22-16, 08:15 AM

I collected from old Thomas's house and it dropped musical ink too!! I hope it doesn't change but thanks for the tip!!! My jolly jester had only dropped one each time and I was wondering how I was going to finish a 20 hour goal today!!

iamvan2
07-22-16, 08:26 AM
Waiting; but hoping doesn't happen, for the other shoe to fall. The Griffen Quest started out very easy, but turned into a tap, tap, tapping tedious "nightmare." So far the Satyr event is pleasant. I really appreciate that Old Thomas' House is dropping a needed resource. Thanks Storm8!

bwunderbach
07-22-16, 08:42 AM

Thanks for figuring this out and posting, Mike. This worked for me on my 4S.

The storybook on both my iPad and iPhone is not "retroactively" registering the OTH inks from my iPad, even after force close and restart.

tuffyjkitten
07-22-16, 08:45 AM
iPad mini....the 1 musical ink from Old Thomas registered in both the side goal and the upgrade screen. Both orange and white petals registered under "collect" in the side as I was maxed in each already so didn't even try to collect.

meme1098
07-22-16, 09:19 AM

This is buggy. I'm maxed on both orange & white petals. In the side goal, the orange petals are completed 20/20 but the white petals show only 6/20. So I went to collect from the 4 white poppies I have on my game board. Got the black flag saying I was maxed on the petals but the goal book flashed progress:confused:
Just crazy! So now I have 10/20 white petals. :D

Regarding the ink drop from Thomas - not counting in the book goal but is counting towards upgrade. :D

AnniePMH
07-22-16, 09:25 AM
I was pleasantly surprised that Mr. J. Jester turns in 4 directions:p

puzzlecatz
07-22-16, 09:26 AM
I just received a musical ink from another source. Not sure but I think it was Thomas' house

meme1098
07-22-16, 10:08 AM
I just received a musical ink from another source. Not sure but I think it was Thomas' house

Yes, thank goodness there are 2 sources :).
Thomas & the creepy Jester.

ladlasse
07-22-16, 10:14 AM
First collection of the jester gave 3 inks. Second, third and fourth collection gave 1 ink each. Fifth collection gav me 3 inks.

You are very fortunate. I am only receiving 1 music ink per collection. At this rate it will take longer than I hoped even with Thomas house giving 1 ink per collection, too.

kattkrazie
07-22-16, 10:14 AM

I've been collecting from Old Thomas every 2 hrs. and they have all counted. Strange that yours didn't count but keep trying. I'm on Chapter 3 and Old Thomas has been a huge help.

PrincessCupOButter
07-22-16, 10:42 AM
I don't know if this has anything to do with the collections counting or not counting, but yesterday there was an update in the App Store (iOS) that simply said

- bug fixes
- performance improvements

I did the update before the event started and so far, everything has counted everywhere.

Finding some wood to knock on now.

Ps. I find Old Thomas to be more generous than the jester. I hope that trend continues!

kattkrazie
07-22-16, 10:59 AM
I don't know if this has anything to do with the collections counting or not counting, but yesterday there was an update in the App Store (iOS) that simply said

- bug fixes

I did the update before the event started and so far, everything has counted everywhere.

Ps. I find Old Thomas to be more generous than the jester. I hope that trend continues!

You may be on to something. I also did that update before the event started and haven't had any issues.

blackpearl9
07-22-16, 11:45 AM
I did the update after initial collection and it seems to count new musical inks correctly now but those previously collected are still wrong. The bug fix should have taken care of this too. No need to have two different counters for the same item within the code.

ethan1brothers
07-22-16, 11:46 AM
I know this is a volunteer thing but when will the goal list on the first page get updated ? id like to be able to plan ahead ....

AnisWa
07-22-16, 11:49 AM
I have sunflowers, they also have orange petals.

llj_sea
07-22-16, 12:08 PM
Same for me.

Solientus
07-22-16, 12:28 PM
...when will the goal list on the first page get updated ? id like to be able to plan ahead ....
It gets updated when someone uses their Gems to skip ahead. Either those going ahead with Gems aren't posting, haven't had time to post, don't want to post or no one is skipping ahead. Who can say?

As far as post 1, SW00 gets to it when they're on break or not at work I assume. They seem to be on a 12 hour time zone difference (from me anyways).
There's hasn't been anything posted for after Act 4, Goal 1 from any Gem pioneers.

Other then petals for upgrades, and having Old T's house out, we haven't seen anything we need to collect from/prepare for.

PrincessCelestian
07-22-16, 12:32 PM
So I haven't had any issues with it counting the drops for sir Thomas's house until I was only 1 away from completing the goal and then it didn't count that drop!!! Seriously?!?!?!

meme1098
07-22-16, 12:50 PM

- bug fixes

You may be on to something. I also did that update before the event started and haven't had any issues.

My iPad is set to auto update, so I was updated but Thomas' collections didn't count in the stores book :confused:

So I haven't had any issues with it counting the drops for sir Thomas's house until I was only 1 away from completing the goal and then it didn't count that drop!!! Seriously?!?!?!
Oh, man! That hurts!

kattkrazie
07-22-16, 12:56 PM
Here's a sneak peek at Chapter 4:

Ch. 4 Goal 1 - Ask for sheet music from 5 neighbors.
Ch. 4 Goal 2 - Craft 3 sheet music. Craft in workshop. Requires 3 musical ink
and 3 parchment. Takes 30 min.

That's as far as I've gotten.

bwunderbach
07-22-16, 12:59 PM
From the Inventory Guide (http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?76375-Castle-Story-Inventory-Guide&p=1025280&viewfull=1#post1025280), for those looking for orange and/or white petals:

Petals - all colours
Found: Multi-coloured hedge, Patch of Tall Grass, Plant In A Log, Old Log, Bushes, Ferns and Ivy's Hut, Romantic Gazebo, Faerie flowerbed, Castle Gardens, Fairground Swing (Baron's Tent prize), Medieval Art Studio (Baron's Tent prize), Stargazer's Ridge, Flower Power alicorn, Flower Power Manticore, Flower Power Gazebo, Flower Power Carriage, Forest Thistle, Forest Dahlia, Paradise Blooms, Flower Power Horse, Flower Power Sheep

Orange petals
Found: talinum auranticum, Sunflowers, fire lily

White petals
Found: Iceland Poppy patch, White Trillium

Who knows how many we'll need before this thing is over. :rolleyes:

Updated in Post #126 to include the other petal colors.

Solientus
07-22-16, 01:08 PM

Awesome! Have you noticed if the Parchment drops anywhere other then the Music Stand? Other buildings?

kattkrazie
07-22-16, 01:12 PM
No, unfortunately. I went hunting all over my kingdom and nothing dropped parchment but the music stand.

kattkrazie
07-22-16, 01:25 PM

Ch. 4 - Goal 3 - Upgrade Festival Grounds to level 4. Requires 25 blue petal, 10 purple petal, 5 sheet music.
Then collect from Level 4 Festival Grounds.

To correct my earlier post, you're asking neighbors for music scores rather than sheets. The sheets have to be crafted.

bwunderbach
07-22-16, 02:11 PM
Okay, I shouldn't have edited the list before posting it. :p

Here's the whole list of petal sources from the Inventory Guide, now that we need blue and purple as well:

Petals - all colours
Multi-coloured hedge, Patch of Tall Grass, Plant In A Log, Old Log, Bushes, Ferns and Ivy's Hut, Romantic Gazebo, Faerie flowerbed, Castle Gardens, Fairground Swing (Baron's Tent prize), Medieval Art Studio (Baron's Tent prize), Stargazer's Ridge, Flower Power alicorn, Flower Power Manticore, Flower Power Gazebo, Flower Power Carriage, Forest Thistle, Forest Dahlia, Paradise Blooms, Flower Power Horse, Flower Power Sheep

Blue petals
penstemon, ice lily

Orange petals
talinum auranticum, Sunflowers, fire lily

Purple petals
rocket larkspur, purple cow, Vineyard Estate, Forest Tree

Red petals
red trillium

White petals
Iceland Poppy patch, White Trillium

kdgulle
07-22-16, 02:21 PM
Awesome! Have you noticed if the Parchment drops anywhere other then the Music Stand? Other buildings?

I'm not there yet but a neighbor of mine said the library drops parchment perhaps. Just told me to take them out and have them ready.

VersaceMorrow
07-22-16, 02:31 PM
Yeah one Musical Ink was a reward.

As for the Muted Parchment, I'm curious as well if it drops from another source. I had to plunk out Old T's house this morning when I read the comments. It takes up too much room (for coin drop) and I usually have it put away till something needs it.

Are you done leveling up your wizard schools? I find one in five collections drops a spell book.

VersaceMorrow
07-22-16, 02:37 PM
Okay, I shouldn't have edited the list before posting it. :p

Here's the whole list of petal sources from the Inventory Guide, now that we need blue and purple as well:

Petals - all colours
Multi-coloured hedge, Patch of Tall Grass, Plant In A Log, Old Log, Bushes, Ferns and Ivy's Hut, Romantic Gazebo, Faerie flowerbed, Castle Gardens, Fairground Swing (Baron's Tent prize), Medieval Art Studio (Baron's Tent prize), Stargazer's Ridge, Flower Power alicorn, Flower Power Manticore, Flower Power Gazebo, Flower Power Carriage, Forest Thistle, Forest Dahlia, Paradise Blooms, Flower Power Horse, Flower Power Sheep

Blue petals
penstemon, ice lily

Orange petals
talinum auranticum, Sunflowers, fire lily

Purple petals
rocket larkspur, purple cow, Vineyard Estate, Forest Tree

Red petals
red trillium

White petals
Iceland Poppy patch, White Trillium

Don't forget the expansion bushes..... they conveniently drop orange and white petals. All 21 of them came out of storage today :)

kattkrazie
07-22-16, 02:37 PM
I'm not there yet but a neighbor of mine said the library drops parchment perhaps. Just told me to take them out and have them ready.

Of course, parchment from the library makes sense. Mine were in storage but they are out now!

Solientus
07-22-16, 03:23 PM
I'll put out my extra Library now just incase, thanks all!

It's funny I just put it away today because I had just gotten my last drops of books from it for another quest lol
Ah well, it'll be ready in time for next Act atleast.

@VersaceMorrow - I have no Wiz School yet : /

@bwunderbach - I love the colours you put into your post to match the flowers, that was a nice idea :)

kattkrazie
07-22-16, 03:56 PM
Spoiler alert.

Ch. 5 - Goal 1 - collect 50 living wood.

I had 46 living wood in inventory and it counted so I only need 4 more.

TheHoundClegane
07-22-16, 04:26 PM
Has there been an answer from a mod yet as to whether the satyr will be stationary or mobile? I just went over all the posts again, and despite the question being asked multiple times I was not able to find a response... Would be nice to know, as I would be more willing to complete if I knew it was going to be mobile.

kattkrazie
07-22-16, 04:40 PM
Has there been an answer from a mod yet as to whether the satyr will be stationary or mobile? I just went over all the posts again, and despite the question being asked multiple times I was not able to find a response... Would be nice to know, as I would be more willing to complete if I knew it was going to be mobile.

The link in post #1 shows that the Satyr is a 1x1 decoration with a 1 hr. timer so he won't be walking around our kingdom.

kolakid
07-22-16, 05:42 PM
Ch.5 -Goal 2- Collect from Level 5 Library x 2

TheHoundClegane
07-22-16, 06:24 PM
The link in post #1 shows that the Satyr is a 1x1 decoration with a 1 hr. timer so he won't be walking around our kingdom.

Well that's disappointing, but thanks for the info!

PrincessCupOButter
07-22-16, 06:29 PM
Ch.5 -Goal 2- Collect from Level 5 Library x 2

Thank you so much for sharing with us!

SpiritWind00
07-22-16, 07:04 PM

I will confirm...

+ post 1 updated with latest info.

wesley1218
07-22-16, 07:24 PM
Wanna know if music stand drops more than one parchment in each collection?

SpiritWind00
07-22-16, 07:43 PM
Wanna know if music stand drops more than one parchment in each collection?
Wonder no more...

Ink drops from Jolly Jester and Thomas house 1-3 in multiple
Parchment drops from Music Stand and the Library 1-3 in multiple

(Courtesy of another fabulous player)

PyrrhaForever
07-22-16, 07:46 PM
Noteable low level difference!
At level 21 I was only charged 10k for jolly jester, not 100k

I want to thank those people who responded to my earlier post. Your feedback was really appreciated. Unfortunately, I had already started the timer when I posted. I did do the first 2 chapters because they were so easy (especially with the discounted jester), but I will definitely take your advice into consideration and keep checking the forum to see how crazy the future chapters get before expending any further resources. Thank you so much for taking the time to help :-)

P.S. Is there a difference between musical parchment and muted parchment, or is that a typo in the original post?

PrincessCupOButter
07-22-16, 08:01 PM
A possible error in post 1?

""Side Goals:
Part 1
Collect 10 Musical Ink (ones you collect for the Festival Grounds count here too. If not, force close)
Collect 20 White Petals (inventory counts, should say 'have')
Collect 20 Orange Petals (inventory counts, should say 'have')
Rewards: 240 coins, 2xp, 5 Energy""

Is it supposed to be ink collected from Old Thomas? Or is there a bug? I haven't gotten any drops from the festival grounds except coins and xp.

DrP4ever
07-22-16, 08:22 PM
Chapter 2', goal 2 Collect 10 musical ink. On my last collection I got the fanfare saying you did it, and extra energy, some coins etc. and the goal left my goal book but I didn't move on. I do have the small goal on the right side still there saying I have 9/10. Weird. Hope next collection works or I guess I'm out,

kattkrazie
07-22-16, 08:44 PM
Chapter 5 - Goal 3 - Upgrade Festival Grounds to Level 5. Needs 45 blue petals, 15 purple petals, 7 sheet music.

My libraries did drop 3 parchments each.

SpiritWind00
07-22-16, 09:45 PM
A possible error in post 1?

""Side Goals:
Part 1
Collect 10 Musical Ink (ones you collect for the Festival Grounds count here too. If not, force close)
Collect 20 White Petals (inventory counts, should say 'have')
Collect 20 Orange Petals (inventory counts, should say 'have')
Rewards: 240 coins, 2xp, 5 Energy""

Is it supposed to be ink collected from Old Thomas? Or is there a bug? I haven't gotten any drops from the festival grounds except coins and xp.
Sorry, I meant the jester.... Oops! Too busy watching kids at Sat morning sport! Will fix this now.

kattkrazie
07-22-16, 10:54 PM
Chapter 6

Goal 1 - Spread the Word - Visit a neighbor and tap buildings with hearts. (0/10)
Completing goal 1 gives 1 lute as a reward and unlocks Mystic Harp for 0 coins.

Goal 2 - Collect lutes - (Collect from Mystic Harp) (0/5)
Mystic Harp has 30 min. timer. (Each collection dropped 3 lutes for me.)

Goal 3 - Collect from Festival Grounds - Level 6
(Upgrade to Level 6). Requires 25 jewels, 10 red petals, 10 sheet music, 5 lutes.

nateryd
07-22-16, 11:45 PM
Has anyone purchased the value pack? Where you get the tent ( traveling bards) and a bunch of other stuff? What does that drop?! Anyone know 樂

I've gemed ahead as usual... I just can't help myself and obviously can't be trusted playing these quest. I can't remember everything your need but here's a little heads up! Get your pigs out or grow some pigs now!! Make sure you have lots of silver and jewels!

I wasn't done ! Lol. Don't use any simple feast you have made.... And start making more! I think you need about 10.... You'll have to make corn ( but it only counts to plant and gather it not what you already have) You'll have to collect from a market 4 times and from cottages 20 times? Maybe 30?? Hope this helps :)

flowerqueen007
07-23-16, 12:03 AM
Has anyone purchased the value pack? Where you get the tent ( traveling bards) and a bunch of other stuff? What does that drop?! Anyone know 樂

I've gemed ahead as usual... I just can't help myself and obviously can't be trusted playing these quest. I can't remember everything your need but here's a little heads up! Get your pigs out or grow some pigs now!! Make sure you have lots of silver and jewels!

I wasn't done ! Lol. Don't use any simple feast you have made.... And start making more! I think you need about 10.... You'll have to make corn ( but it only counts to plant and gather it not what you already have) You'll have to collect from a market 4 times and from cottages 20 times? Maybe 30?? Hope this helps :)

Thanks for the warning, do you remember if the markets and cottages have to be level 5 ? :)

RevdKathy
07-23-16, 12:07 AM
How can you collect from markets 4 times in 24 hours? The timer on them is one day.

kattkrazie
07-23-16, 01:07 AM

If you click on the tent in the value pack, it turns around and the back says it is Traveling Bards. Sounds like a decoration and doesn't mention having any drops. Pretty cool looking, though.

Thanks for the heads up on the goals. Sounds like it's going to get harder.

hagypagy
07-23-16, 01:27 AM

Awesome!!! cheers for the heads up

Yeah I just got the value pack for the Travelling Bards ... been waiting a long time for it's return!!!
It has a 16hr timer and I think it drops coins only ... I'll let you know if I get anything else from it.

mrgoodbar1961
07-23-16, 01:48 AM
Two of my libraries dropped 7 parchment each and only 1 was a level 5!

pieandcream
07-23-16, 01:56 AM
50 living wood? ok, that ended the event for me. i dont have any >.> impossible getting that much together.

federerGOAT
07-23-16, 02:12 AM
50 living wood? ok, that ended the event for me. i dont have any >.> impossible getting that much together.

Start chopping trees, there is a few days left till that goal.
I have exhausted my living woods upgrading the faerie bulb (only half way through) and really appreciate this heads up.

MoonVillage3
07-23-16, 02:28 AM
a huge 'THANK YOU' to those posting future tips 'n hints needed ahead :D
all so very helpful.. real precious info!

caron7
07-23-16, 02:58 AM
Don't forget that you can craft living wood from 10 regular wood and 20 white petals and 5 water (I think) in the potion shop. This has saved me before. You can also invest in living trees for 129 gems that drop living wood, 2 or 3 at a time.

caron7
07-23-16, 02:59 AM
I just wanted to add to post 1 that patch of tall grass did not count for me for debris, but plant in a log did and they are only 500 coins and 2 chops to clear.

Solientus
07-23-16, 03:02 AM
I've gemed ahead as usual...Get your pigs out or grow some pigs now!! Make sure you have lots of silver and jewels!
Don't use any simple feast you have made.... And start making more! I think you need about 10.... You'll have to make corn ( but it only counts to plant and gather it not what you already have) You'll have to collect from a market 4 times and from cottages 20 times?

The cottage or the market didn't have to be a level 5... At least I don't remember that they did.... And yes 4 times for the market!!! So if you have more than one that's best!! There's a lot of collecting coming up, on 50 pigs, a bunch corn ( that needs to be planted then harvested)
Ok, so:
(10?) Simple feasts
Have pigs out (as many as possible!)
Hang on to Silver and Jewels
Plant and Gather Corn (So no pre-planting, just empty plots but not until Act 6/7+)
Put out Markets and Cottages (Act 6+ if you're tight on space)(level doesn't seem to matter)
..and Act 5 wanted Collect from 2 Lvl 5 Libraries (or 1 twice)
Whew!

It has a 16hr timer and I think it drops coins only ... I'll let you know if I get anything else from it.
It says Travelling Bard drops tomato, coins, xp in the Inventory Guide (http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?76375-Castle-Story-Inventory-Guide&p=1025284&viewfull=1#post1025284)

Two of my libraries dropped 7 parchment each and only 1 was a level 5!My level 5 Library dropped 3 Muted Parchment, my level 4 Library dropped 7 as well!

Musical Maintenance Part 2
Collect Musical Ink 0/10 (Mine was checked off but req for Lvl.3 Upgrade is 10 and I had 11 in Inventory)
Collect Muted Parchment 0/12 (Collect from the Music Stand!) (Collecting from Libraries counted for me, but not the 1 from reward)
Collect White Petals x/x (Mine was checked off)
Collect Orange Petals x/x (Mine was checked off)

nateryd
07-23-16, 03:06 AM
Thanks for the warning, do you remember if the markets and cottages have to be level 5 ? :)

The cottage or the market didn't have to be a level 5... At least I don't remember that they did.... And yes 4 times for the market!!! So if you have more than one that's best!! There's a lot of collecting coming up, on 50 pigs, a bunch corn ( that needs to be planted then harvested) and ALOT of the sheet music that needs to be crafted so make as much ahead as you can! I'm on chapeter 9 of 10; goal 3 of 3 and you need 30 sheet music ( but a lot also on the ones before to level up your music thingy)
20 Lutes ( very easy to get)
10 Bow ( easy drops more than one at a time
And 50 silver ( this isn't the first time I needed silver)

You have to collect from the cottage quite a bit so more than two or more would be beneficial for you to have out!

GC5410
07-23-16, 03:07 AM
Quote from 1st page:

Chapter 2
Goal 2 -Collect musical ink (Collect from the jolly jester). 0/10 (ones from Old Thomas don't count, only those from the Jester.)

Ink from Old Thomas DOES count towards the 10 needed for chapter 2 (on my game anyway :) )

Solientus
07-23-16, 03:17 AM
I just wanted to add to post 1 that patch of tall grass did not count for me for debris, but plant in a log did and they are only 500 coins and 2 chops to clear.

I also used Plant In A Log, finished off chops (9/10) on Dark Cave Formation didn't count. I wouldn't normally experiment on them but I had some from Adventures and was low on Silver and Jewels anyways. I also tried Patch of Tall Grass and Fern Patch - they did not count.

cavegirl1
07-23-16, 03:46 AM
Quote from 1st page:

Chapter 2
Goal 2 -Collect musical ink (Collect from the jolly jester). 0/10 (ones from Old Thomas don't count, only those from the Jester.)

Ink from Old Thomas DOES count towards the 10 needed for chapter 2 (on my game anyway :) )

Yep, same for me. Ones from Old Thomas counted.

RevdKathy
07-23-16, 04:03 AM
We could all add you and send living wood as gifts for a couple of days. You'd be maxed out in no time!

And a huge thank you for all the advance info. Terribly useful for those of us who work and have more spare time at the weekend.

vuvhappy
07-23-16, 04:13 AM
No, unfortunately. I went hunting all over my kingdom and nothing dropped parchment but the music stand.

I got the parchment from the Library many of them I think around 10 check again

PrincessCelestian
07-23-16, 05:32 AM
My level 5 library just dropped 7 parchments in one drop! I only keep one on my board permanently so have just placed my other one on there and am building another. Fingers crossed they all drop such a large number.

88silver
07-23-16, 05:36 AM
Patch of Tall Grass and Fern Patch don't count as debris. Of course I found this out after buying and placing ten. And now, thanks to the "bug" of bring unable to sell this stuff, I have to waste energy to get rid of them. :mad:

Please, S8, if you want this "bug" to neuter the fortune teller's tent, could you at least let us store items that are bought but haven't been chopped at all yet?

ktorewqas
07-23-16, 06:33 AM
I wonder how many levels of the ground? Lvl 6 in Chapter 6. So might it be lvl 10 lol
I think the ink might be much needed material since every 2 hrs, we could get 2-6, average 2?3?. Lvl 4-6, we need 22 sheets (66 inks) + 22 ink for lvl 2 & 3.

kdgulle
07-23-16, 07:59 AM
Storm 8, so far so good on this quest, it's fun yet not overly stressful trying to collect everything. While the chapter ends, we still have to collect to get our numbers back up on petals, we have time to get more ink and parchment, you've made this doable for all. I hope the quest continues on like this.
I don't mind parchments dropping from the library because there is a drop of 3 or 7. I'm glad you took our suggestions for this storybook, so far so good.

kdgulle
07-23-16, 08:04 AM

Im not sure what level your on, but the sawmills and chopping trees give living wood. If you're only only on chapter 3 you have time to start collecting them to build them up. Use your energy chopping trees and the sawmills. If it's counting what you have in inventory it is possible. Yes ask your neighbors to send you living wood. You can et 3 a day.

TabyKat14
07-23-16, 08:22 AM
You can collect ink from Old Thomas's hours as well as the jester!

pieandcream
07-23-16, 09:07 AM
big thanks to the guys that have added me to gift living wood! xoxox!!
been using all energy to making living wood in the smithy thing since i noticed the living wood requirement. lets see.... >.<

and been chopping logs since i can get petals along with wood ;) stock my petals back up after using for quest.

kattkrazie
07-23-16, 09:58 AM
Chapter 7

Goal 1 - Plant then harvest corn (0/30)

Goal 2 - Tend adult pigs (0/50)
(This sounds daunting, but was fairly easy. All pigs count - Royal, Albino, Pink, Black, and Sir Pigglesworth.)

Goal 3 - Collect from Level 7 Festival Grounds.
Upgrade to Level 7 requires 50 jewels, 15 red petal, 15 sheet music, 10 lutes.

There's always a limited resource and it is definitely the ink. Thomas usually only drops 1 every 2 hrs. as well as the jolly jester. I very rarely get 3 at a time. Parchment is plentiful - always waiting on ink. At least that's been my experience so far.

PrincessCupOButter
07-23-16, 10:05 AM
Chapter 7

(This sounds daunting, but was fairly easy. All pigs count - Royal, Albino, Pink, Black, and Sir Pigglesworth.)

There's always a limited resource and it is definitely the ink. Thomas usually only drops 1 every 2 hrs. as well as the music stand. I very rarely get 3 at a time. Parchment is plentiful - always waiting on ink. At least that's been my experience so far.

Thank you!! My land is filled with pigs who love to read. Lol I love that the libraries are helping with the parchment.

For those who did Ivy's petting zoo (and some other quest it seems) ...there's finally a use for all those pigs we had to raise! I had almost 30 in storage :eek: so I've got enough out that it will only take 2 collections.

tuffyjkitten
07-23-16, 10:18 AM
Two of my libraries dropped 7 parchment each and only 1 was a level 5!

Mine just dropped 7 also. Lousy music stand gave me 1....

aurora171
07-23-16, 10:30 AM
does anyone know the trees that yield the best return on living wood? I did check the hub but I may have overlooked it haha or are chances the same from all trees?

Nikospets
07-23-16, 10:35 AM
I did the update after initial collection and it seems to count new musical inks correctly now but those previously collected are still wrong. The bug fix should have taken care of this too. No need to have two different counters for the same item within the code.

Sorry to ask this question but I wasn't having an issue with the musical ink counting in both story book and side counter until today! I have closed multipal times with no success. Does anyone have any suggestion?

Solientus
07-23-16, 10:43 AM
does anyone know the trees that yield the best return on living wood? I did check the hub but I may have overlooked it haha or are chances the same from all trees?
I found this: The Hub, Inventory guide, post 13 (http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?76375-Castle-Story-Inventory-Guide&p=1025276&viewfull=1#post1025276)

Note: All living trees have the same drop rate of Living wood
Here's the list that might help you decide on what trees you want (from the Hub):
All these trees take 5 waters to grow from sapling to tree
cost | tree name | no of chops | time between waters
300 Willow tree | 10 chops | 5 minutes
400 Elm tree | 8 chops | 3 minutes
400 Oak tree | 8 chops | 30 minutes
500 White birch tree | 10 chops | 10 minutes
600 Aspen tree | 6 chops | 5 minutes
700 Red acer tree | 10 chops | 10 minutes
700 Crab apple tree | 10 chops | 3 minutes
900 Yellow acer tree | 10 chops | 5 minutes
1000 Pine tree | 10 chops | 15 minutes

aurora171
07-23-16, 11:12 AM
I found this: The Hub, Inventory guide, post 13 (http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?76375-Castle-Story-Inventory-Guide&p=1025276&viewfull=1#post1025276)

Here's the list that might help you decide on what trees you want (from the Hub):
All these trees take 5 waters to grow from sapling to tree
cost | tree name | no of chops | time between waters
300 Willow tree | 10 chops | 5 minutes
400 Elm tree | 8 chops | 3 minutes
400 Oak tree | 8 chops | 30 minutes
500 White birch tree | 10 chops | 10 minutes
600 Aspen tree | 6 chops | 5 minutes
700 Red acer tree | 10 chops | 10 minutes
700 Crab apple tree | 10 chops | 3 minutes
900 Yellow acer tree | 10 chops | 5 minutes
1000 Pine tree | 10 chops | 15 minutes

Thank you so much! I'm a total idiot didn't see the bit about them having the same yield, so thank you! <3

VersaceMorrow
07-23-16, 11:13 AM
This is the third or fourth time I've considered a living tree but can't find it in the inventory so that I can know how many LW it drops and how often, before I take the plunge and buy it with my remaining gems. Does anyone know? I am trying to decide between that and the fairy flowerbed.

kattkrazie
07-23-16, 11:18 AM
This is the third or fourth time I've considered a living tree but can't find it in the inventory so that I can know how many LW it drops and how often, before I take the plunge and buy it with my remaining gems. Does anyone know? I am trying to decide between that and the fairy flowerbed.

I have 2 living trees. They drop from 1-3 living wood with each collection - 4 hr. timer. My market has the living tree listed first in the Nature tab.

MoonVillage3
07-23-16, 12:10 PM
Remember you can also make LivingWood in the PotionShop. it takes only 15minutes.. 5Water, 10WhitePetals, 20Wood. The LivingTree is handy but u can make much more, in less time, in the PotionShop when in need.

Sandybellee
07-23-16, 01:11 PM
I'm so happy we don't have to raise a herd of pigs again! Now the previously raised ones can be put to good work. :)

ashley224
07-23-16, 01:18 PM

I enjoy both my living wood tree and my faerie Flowerbed. They are both good choices.

PrincessCupOButter
07-23-16, 01:22 PM
I'm so happy we don't have to raise a herd of pigs again! Now the previously raised ones can be put to good work. :)

Right before tending to all those pigs is an excellent time to craft Feed the Baron in the kitchen too! We should gets lots of bacon and truffles on that step.

For those in need of living wood, if you have the faerie tea party and the bidding booth (from the horse track event), they are also fairly good sources. Bidding booth also drops jewels.

Solientus
07-23-16, 01:35 PM
Right before tending to all those pigs is an excellent time to craft Feed the Baron in the kitchen too! We should gets lots of bacon and truffles on that step.
I've been crafting up Grits in preparation for the Simple Feasts for now, but once the pig tapping begins... Baron's gonna have a belly full from all of us!

PrincessCupOButter
07-23-16, 01:39 PM

The living wood tree is wonderful to have when you need lots of living wood! My two normally drop 1-3 each (I invested in the second one during the faerie bulb quest). Personally I prefer that to crafting, because I dislike collecting petals. Lol
The faerie flower bed is a great addition also, it drops petals, faeries murmur, and seeds. If you haven't done the Team Azalea/Lila event yet, you will get the chance to craft one here:
Spoiler Alert!
http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?69943-Castle-Story-06-12-2014-Update-Team-Azalea-or-Team-Lila-(Part-1)

Although, there are also times when a second flower bed would be handy too! (It's on my wish list.:o)

Zirilka
07-23-16, 01:41 PM
I've been crafting up Grits in preparation for the Simple Feasts for now

Same here! 10 feasts means 20 grits means plenty of bacon. And bread, shame bread is 2 hours each. Sad face.

VersaceMorrow
07-23-16, 03:22 PM
I have 2 living trees. They drop from 1-3 living wood with each collection - 4 hr. timer. My market has the living tree listed first in the Nature tab.

Thank you for your help.... same rate and timer as the glimmer dust trove, sounds worth it :)

VersaceMorrow
07-23-16, 03:23 PM
Remember you can also make LivingWood in the PotionShop. it takes only 15minutes.. 5Water, 10WhitePetals, 20Wood. The LivingTree is handy but u can make much more, in less time, in the PotionShop when in need.

I've done that on occasion, goes through wood quickly though but very useful since it is only 15 minutes

VersaceMorrow
07-23-16, 03:27 PM
I enjoy both my living wood tree and my faerie Flowerbed. They are both good choices.

I am a few gems away from being able to get both... I've just started the wedding carriage and need faerie's murmur, but also just completed the respite which helps.

VersaceMorrow
07-23-16, 03:31 PM
If you haven't done the Team Azalea/Lila event yet, you will get the chance to craft one here:
Spoiler Alert!
http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?69943-Castle-Story-06-12-2014-Update-Team-Azalea-or-Team-Lila-(Part-1)

Although, there are also times when a second flower bed would be handy too! (It's on my wish list.:o)

Oh I didn't realize the flowerbed was a goal reward.... right now I am in the middle of the wedding goal, stable staples, and Thurston is helping with Griselda by adventuring to the glimmer gate. He got the Hilt of Darkness on the first try, now I have to send him back for the Blade of Darkness. Not sure how far I am from Azalea and Lila event.

robotparade
07-23-16, 11:12 PM
Thanks Storm8 for listening to our feedback on the last event and making this one achievable and therefore enjoyable.

RevdKathy
07-23-16, 11:23 PM
Thanks Storm8 for listening to our feedback on the last event and making this one achievable and therefore enjoyable.
This. This one is much more enjoyable.

LavaMagic
07-23-16, 11:52 PM
Does anyone know when we have to start this? Thanks!

Zirilka
07-24-16, 12:24 AM
Note, level 31 and I need only 3 scores not 5.

MoonVillage3
07-24-16, 01:32 AM
Does anyone know when we have to start this? Thanks!

ur answer is on the FIRST page..

copy and paste for u..
Time zone converter: compare where you are with California

[==Update app to Version 1.5.3 on iOS (bug fixes), Level 15+/17+??, and will be available to start beginning 7/21. Once started, you will have 10 days to complete the event. The event will automatically start on 7/xx .==]
You can start the event any time between today and 7/xx .

BiggerBubbles
07-24-16, 01:38 AM
I am so over 'Ask neighbours for...' It is currently 1 1/2 hrs after reset. I have asked everybody that I accepted requests from plus a few as I don't like to bother a lot of extra people. Now since these people couldn't ask me till the same time I could ask them, why aren't I getting requests back? It's as if the system gets blocked up. Do they just send their requests out and not bother to check for incoming or are they just not getting mine? And don't get me started on that Jester, he is the stingiest thing out, I'd like to ring the little bell I assume he has on his hat and wake him up!

MoonVillage3
07-24-16, 02:00 AM
it's as u said.. "the system gets blocked up"
can u imagine the smoke coming out of CS server with all the players' requests at the same time? :eek:
without blaming nbrs.. we just have to wait till 'ours' and 'their' requests are delivered to each game.. both ways.. hoping the server does it's best.

in the meantime I'm sitting here to answer promptly nbrs requests.. but very few have been delivered to me to accept

Stymie52
07-24-16, 02:05 AM
I am so over 'Ask neighbours for...' It is currently 1 1/2 hrs after reset. I have asked everybody that I accepted requests from plus a few as I don't like to bother a lot of extra people. Now since these people couldn't ask me till the same time I could ask them, why aren't I getting requests back? It's as if the system gets blocked up. Do they just send their requests out and not bother to check for incoming or are they just not getting mine? And don't get me started on that Jester, he is the stingiest thing out, I'd like to ring the little bell I assume he has on his hat and wake him up!

Hang in there. All of a sudden, you will have your requests answered and be through that part. The ink is also what is slowing me down.
That being said, I am enjoying this event. Everything is very doable. Especially because of those gemming ahead. Many thanks!

starnanou
07-24-16, 02:10 AM
Chapter 6:
Goal 1
Goal 2
Goal 3
Goal 4
Does anybody know what we will need to do, to complete this chapter?

RevdKathy
07-24-16, 02:10 AM
I've answered all requests promptly, and just made my 5. I think five is a reasonable number compared with the silly number of requests in the last goals. One of the issues is people being in different time zones, so maybe some of your neighbours are asleep. Plus people being away doing other things (I'm about to have to put my game down for a few hours). And the server chokes up... Close and reload as you may find you've had responses your game isn't picking up yet.

The good news is the remaining goals are fairly swift. Though it would have helped if the sheet music crafting could have started with the day instead of waiting till we got the 5 returns.

EDIT: There's a list for stage 6 on page 15 (I think).

Psst Bubble... Added you so get a request in quick ;)

spanisheyes1
07-24-16, 02:17 AM
Chapter 6:
Goal 1
Goal 2
Goal 3
Goal 4
Does anybody know what we will need to do, to complete this chapter?
Go to the begining page of this thread. It is all there in the very first post.

MoonVillage3
07-24-16, 02:25 AM
FIRST PAGE hasn't been updated yet.. maybe these can help, they're my personal notes collected from the forum of precious players who gem ahead for us.. thank u again!

CHAPTER6 goal1: visit and tap nbr's buildings x10.. completing this it gives 1Lute and unlocks MagicHarp
CHAPTER6 goal2: collect from Harp 5Lutes/every 30minutes/1-3drops
CHAPTER6 goal3: upgrade Festival to 6th.. 25Jewels, 10RedPetals, 10MusicSheets, 5Lutes

THINGS TO PREPARE TODAY for TOMORROW
**clear 30plots ready to plant&harvest corn tomorrow**
**put out 50adult pigs.. grow them if not adults, all types count for tomorrow**
**have 50Jewels to give tomorrow**
**have 15RedPetals for tomorrow**
**keep making 15MusicSheets for tomorrow**
**keep collecting 10Lutes ready for tomorrow**

here the side goals in the PurpleBook are missing.. but it seems to me the side goals are what we need to upgrade Festival that day.. to be double checked if so.

BiggerBubbles
07-24-16, 02:27 AM
I've answered all requests promptly, and just made my 5. I think five is a reasonable number compared with the silly number of requests in the last goals. One of the issues is people being in different time zones, so maybe some of your neighbours are asleep. Plus people being away doing other things (I'm about to have to put my game down for a few hours). And the server chokes up... Close and reload as you may find you've had responses your game isn't picking up yet.

The good news is the remaining goals are fairly swift. Though it would have helped if the sheet music crafting could have started with the day instead of waiting till we got the 5 returns.

EDIT: There's a list for stage 6 on page 15 (I think).

Psst Bubble... Added you so get a request in quick ;)

Thanks, just saw & accepted your request. Just got the last one, took 2 1/4 hrs. It's not a matter of people being in different time zones, these were people that had just sent me requests, & they couldn't send them till reset time. That's the problem with storybooks, the system can get jammed up as everyone is asking at the same time whereas if everything just kept flowing along and never stopped for the day, the requests would be spaced out. I agree that it is so good we were only asked for 5 and not 20. Also I had force closed about 8 times during that time, so it wasn't that. Once again thanks.

Stymie52
07-24-16, 02:40 AM
Chapter 6
Goal 1 - Spread the word - Visit a neighbor and tap buildings with hearts. (0/10)
Completing goal 1 gives 1 lute as a reward and unlocks Mystic Harp for 0 coins.

Goal2 - Collect lutes - (Collect from Mystic Harp) (0/5)

Goal 3 - Collect from Festival Grounds - Level 6.
(Upgrade to Level 6). Requires 25 jewels, 10 red petals, 10 sheet music, 5 lutes.

hagypagy
07-24-16, 02:53 AM
So any word yet of whether Aanpa is deco or a kingdom walker???

I hope he's a kingdom walker!! :cool:
With all the beautiful deco we've been getting lately I have no idea where to put him if he's deco :confused:

Also should point out the String Quartet isn't a string quartet!!!
There's a drummer and a flutist! (not string instruments!) It's just a band!
Would be lovely if someone at Storm8 could correct this label pretty please ;)
"Band On Tour", "Traveling Minstrels" or "Gypsy Band" might be more appropriate.

Also loving finally having the Traveling Bards in my kingdom! :o
Thanks Storm8

SpiritWind00
07-24-16, 03:02 AM
Ch 6 added to post 1 :) sorry all, missed this bit...

This event seems good in fitting into tight schedules. So far so good!

It's the weekend in S8 land, so no news yet about whether Aanpa moves or not.

Solientus
07-24-16, 03:14 AM

Page 1 and 5 give a link and thumbnail:
Aanpa the Satyr
Drops: ?

He's stationary deco that uses up 1x1.

Musical Maintenance Part 3
Collect Sheet Music (Make in Workshop) 1/5 - (1 Sheet Reward from completing Chapter 4 Goal 1)
Collect Blue Petals x/x (auto-completed)
Collect Purple Petals x/x (auto-completed)

Musical Maintenance Part 4
Collect Sheet Music (make in the Workshop) 0/7 - (5 previous ones counted for me)
Collect Blue Petals x/x (auto-completed)
Collect Purple Petals x/x (auto-completed)

ShibuyaCloth
07-24-16, 05:18 AM
Page 1 and 5 give a link and thumbnail:
Aanpa the Satyr
Drops: ?

He's stationary deco that uses up 1x1.

Musical Maintenance Part 3
Collect Sheet Music (Make in Workshop) 1/5 - (1 Sheet Reward from completing Chapter 4 Goal 1)
Collect Blue Petals (auto completed)
Collect Purple Petals (auto-completed)

I was making speculations. If you can confirm, then I will amend.

MoonVillage3
07-24-16, 05:26 AM
Finishing day 4 (chapter4).. waiting on Chapter5 to start tomorrow u CAN in the meantime upgrade Festival to 5th. Requirements: 15PurplrPetals, 45BluePetals, 7MusicSheets. Keep collecting INK! it runs out.

federerGOAT
07-24-16, 05:35 AM
Finishing day 4 (chapter4).. waiting on Chapter5 to start tomorrow u CAN in the meantime upgrade Festival to 5th. Requirements: 15PurplrPetals, 45BluePetals, 7MusicSheets. Keep collecting INK! it runs out.

I've held off the upgrade even though I've got all the maerials, just in case it bugs the game up.
Don't think there are any advantages upgrading in advance.

blackpearl9
07-24-16, 05:50 AM

Aren't those kingdom walkers part of the main story line?
I don't want any deco either and wish they would let us know beforehand. But I wouldn't mind if this satyr would just stand around and drop something useful once in a while, like energy.

Solientus
07-24-16, 05:51 AM
I was making speculations. If you can confirm, then I will amend.
Oh, no, others and I had just been going off of your pic posts/descriptions. (I thought you had data mined it all)

The cross-eyed cherry girl Anthea(?) wasn't a main story character but she stumbles around now too. Actually I'd love if this little dude wandered around our kingdom. Sober, ofcourse though.

MoonVillage3
07-24-16, 06:02 AM
Oh, no, others and I had just been going off of your pic posts/descriptions.

The cross-eyed cherry girl Anthea(?) wasn't a main story character but she stumbles around now too. Actually I'd love if this little dude wandered around our kingdom. Sober, ofcourse though.

whoever is familiar with looking up and finding answers in the forum (not me) lol! can have the answer. were the walking figures we already have been classified as 1x1?? and also.. our present walking figures do not give drops :( so.. already I assume.. he will be standing still. even though I hope he'll be walking around.

hagypagy
07-24-16, 06:02 AM
This event seems good in fitting into tight schedules. So far so good!

It's the weekend in S8 land, so no news yet about whether Aanpa moves or not.

Thanks SW , I'll just wait with baited breath haha

Yeah I've had a busy weekend here and seem to be on top of it without too much thought
... Let's hope the later tasks aren't too intensive
Thanks to all the people powering ahead so we can go in prepared! Much appreciated!

The cross-eyed cherry girl Anthea wasn't a main story character but she stumbles around now too. Actually I'd love if this little dude wandered around our kingdom. Sober, of course though.

Bhahaha! yes let's hope Aanpa doesn't arrive off his face like Anthea was when she came.
She's sobered up now at least ;) I quite enjoy her flying round my kingdom.
Fingers crossed Aanpa will be a walker.

RevdKathy
07-24-16, 06:06 AM
He reminds me of the leprechaun in posture, so I suspect he's the same sort of decoration, with occasional drops. I'll decide when I see him whether to appoint him to look after my mythical beasts (which might be appropriate for him) or to stick him in a cupboard. I only keep things out if they're useful.

Solientus
07-24-16, 06:13 AM
whoever is familiar with looking up and finding answers in the forum (not me) lol! can have the answer. were the walking figures we already have been classified as 1x1?? and also.. our present walking figures do not give drops :( so.. already I assume.. he will be standing still. even though I hope he'll be walking around.
I'm looking now here (http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?90961-Castle-Story-4-21-Update-The-Cherry-Hive-Event-EXPIRED/page9), I haven't seen any Shibuya pics yet regarding the girl but there's a lot of pages to go through, I'll edit this once done.

I did however find this awesome post lol
kdmusgrove posted:

It's really weird that they named her Anthia. If you look it up it is a type of ground beetle.

*Update, I got halfway through the 50+ pages. Don't think I needed to look that far anyways. The event was introduced specifically as one that would bring a character in: 'Can you hear that? Has someone new gotten lost in the Glimmerwood? Everyone, do what you can to help this newcomer! Retreat not from this opportunity... Rulers far and wide may find themselves a new friend, if they lend a hand! ". This one didn't seem to have that hype. Guess we wait til Monday to be sure.

Babs526
07-24-16, 06:40 AM
Is anyone having an issue with the disparity in musical ink verses parchment. You can only get musical ink from the Jolly Jester and Old Thomas' House and you can only have one Old Thomas house. The musical ink comes from the Music Stand and libraries and you can build multiple libraries. With four libraries and having made 4 music sheets to upgrade to level 4, I have 5 musical ink to 42 parchment. There are a lot more music sheets to make and musical ink seems like it will be the bottleneck.

Also on the side challenges, I have had an inconsistency between whether you need to posess the flowers or actually collect (I'm playing on two accounts). On my second account I had to collect white flowers but not the other color. Today on my main account i have to collect 10 blue flowers even though i was maxed before upgrading.

MoonVillage3
07-24-16, 06:57 AM
I'm looking now here (http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?90961-Castle-Story-4-21-Update-The-Cherry-Hive-Event-EXPIRED/page9), I haven't seen any Shibuya pics yet regarding the girl but there's a lot of pages to go through, I'll edit this once done.

I did however find this awesome post lol
kdmusgrove posted:

*Update, I got halfway through the 50+ pages. Don't think I needed to look that far anyways. The event was introduced specifically as one that would bring a character in: 'Can you hear that? Has someone new gotten lost in the Glimmerwood? Everyone, do what you can to help this newcomer! Retreat not from this opportunity... Rulers far and wide may find themselves a new friend, if they lend a hand! ". This one didn't seem to have that hype. Guess we wait til Monday to be sure.

this is getting to be a mysterious complicated intrest.. male? female? male with female name? don't see anything female on the figure? just loving music and playing the flute.. or walking around drunk as 'playful' satyrs? monday will soon be here.. but I doubt if we'll receive an answer. it will be a mystery till the end :)

pieandcream
07-24-16, 07:09 AM
Is anyone having an issue with the disparity in musical ink verses parchment.

yup, def got a ink shortage. they do this intentionally so we are more inclined to buy stuff to help with quests. also old t house and music stand usually just drop 1 ink each time for me. >.> but ah well, just gotta roll with the punches XD

Stymie52
07-24-16, 07:46 AM
Just got to Chapter 6, Goal 3. This is collecting from Festival Grounds Level 6. You need 10 sheet music to level up. The ink slows you down as I also only get 1 from the jester and only 1 from Old Thomas' House each collection.
In the meantime, I am busy whipping up simple feasts for the future. All my pigs are out. Love that bacon!
Very much enjoying this event. Don't feel this time that I have to be doing this all day to finish.

MoonVillage3
07-24-16, 08:17 AM
yup, def got a ink shortage. they do this intentionally so we are more inclined to buy stuff to help with quests. also old t house and music stand usually just drop 1 ink each time for me. >.> but ah well, just gotta roll with the punches XD

would be a dream come true if the Festival dropped multiple ink as well (sigh!).. but nothing less than 3 :)

CocoMom101
07-24-16, 08:51 AM
Start chopping trees, there is a few days left till that goal.
I have exhausted my living woods upgrading the faerie bulb (only half way through) and really appreciate this heads up.

Remember you can make living wood in the Potion Shop as well.

pieandcream
07-24-16, 09:04 AM
would be a dream come true if the Festival dropped multiple ink as well (sigh!).. but nothing less than 3 :)

with the ever increasing quantity required, i doubt it ll be doable unless more ink drops.....since we only have a day per upgrade .... well, lets see.

LavaMagic
07-24-16, 09:43 AM
ur answer is on the FIRST page..

copy and paste for u..
Time zone converter: compare where you are with California

[==Update app to Version 1.5.3 on iOS (bug fixes), Level 15+/17+??, and will be available to start beginning 7/21. Once started, you will have 10 days to complete the event. The event will automatically start on 7/xx .==]
You can start the event any time between today and 7/xx .

It's not though. It says, "You can start the event any time between today and 7/xx". It doesn't show the date that we have to start by, and it hasn't automatically started for me.

kattkrazie
07-24-16, 09:50 AM
Here's the goods on Chapter 8:

Goal 1 - Serve Simple Feasts
(Craft Simple Feasts in the Kitchen) Ones in inventory do count. (0/10)
Goal prize is a Bow. Unlocks String Quartet to purchase for 0 coins.

Goal 2 - Collect more Bows (0/5)
(Collect from String Quartet). Has 1 hr. timer.

Goal 3 - Collect from Festival Grounds Level 8.
(Upgrade Festival Grounds to Level 8)
Requires 20 sheet music, 50 silver ore, 15 lutes, 5 bows.

alexsjusa
07-24-16, 10:06 AM
Probably answered somewhere but what's the final goal or reward?

Britilina
07-24-16, 10:07 AM
Also should point out the String Quartet isn't a string quartet!!!
There's a drummer and a flutist! (not string instruments!) It's just a band!

Um, it is clearly a string drum and a string flute...

😉😂

spanisheyes1
07-24-16, 10:34 AM
Hi all! I'm working today, so I will be around at lunch (6.30am for me now) to write up goals. Till then, I have closed the sneak peek, merged threads (thanks for starting it Solientus :)). If there are any issues, can you PM me so I can action it faster. Thanks all!
Spirit at #1 you say you need 50 gems to upgrade to level 7! Is that the only way to upgrade? I have nothing like that amount and no way to earn enough in the time allowed.

Edit. I think maybe I misunderstood. Is it 50 gems OR the other petals and stuff?

PrincessCupOButter
07-24-16, 10:44 AM
Chapter 7

Goal 3 - Collect from Level 7 Festival Grounds.
Upgrade to Level 7 requires 50 jewels, 15 red petal, 15 sheet music, 10 lutes.

There's always a limited resource and it is definitely the ink. Thomas usually only drops 1 every 2 hrs. as well as the jolly jester. I very rarely get 3 at a time. Parchment is plentiful - always waiting on ink. At least that's been my experience so far.

Spirit at #1 you say you need 50 gems to upgrade to level 7! Is that the only way to upgrade? I have nothing like that amount and no way to earn enough in the time allowed.

It's jewels, not gems. Thankfully! The material requirements are also listed in the quote above.
You can get these from mines, chopping rocks, jewelers and Sabinas house. (Those are the main sources.)

PrincessCupOButter
07-24-16, 10:50 AM
Probably answered somewhere but what's the final goal or reward?

From page one post one:

The reward for finishing the event (before the timer runs out) is Aanpa the Satyr - a young satyr, here to join in the musical festivities!

kattkrazie
07-24-16, 11:00 AM
Since this quest hasn't required any adventures (so far), I've been sending out the Search the Dark Caves. I've gotten several dark cave formations from that adventure and chopping it gives a lot of jewels and silver for this quest.

Also, on a positive note, in Chapter 8, the drop rate for musical ink has gotten much better. In the lower levels, I almost always received 1 ink from Thomas and 1 from the jester. But both of them dropped 3 inks 3 times in a row this morning. Hopefully that trend will continue.

Stymie52
07-24-16, 11:08 AM
Just collected from Old Thomas and for the first time got 3 musical inks.

Just collected from the Mystic Harp and got 3 lutes. Things are getting a little better for me. Maybe as we get higher up in the quest, the drops will get better. We can only hope!

MoonVillage3
07-24-16, 11:34 AM
Since this quest hasn't required any adventures (so far), I've been sending out the Search the Dark Caves. I've gotten several dark cave formations from that adventure and chopping it gives a lot of jewels and silver for this quest.

Also, on a positive note, in Chapter 8, the drop rate for musical ink has gotten much better. In the lower levels, I almost always received 1 ink from Thomas and 1 from the jester. But both of them dropped 3 inks 3 times in a row this morning. Hopefully that trend will continue.

thank u for sharing this wonderful news.. (and also tips for Chapter8).. and hope it lasts :D

xtinem070672
07-24-16, 11:41 AM

(Craft Simple Feasts in the Kitchen) Ones in inventory do count.

Do you remember how many Simple Feasts we're supposed to make for goal 1? Sounds like a bunch considering all the corn and pigs!;)

kattkrazie
07-24-16, 11:56 AM
Do you remember how many Simple Feasts we're supposed to make for goal 1? Sounds like a bunch considering all the corn and pigs!;)

Oops. My bad. I will edit my post. You need 10 simple feasts.

ktorewqas
07-24-16, 12:03 PM

thank you! The hoarders who have 99 simple feast will have trouble in this chapter. :confused:
57 sheet musics in total now so far we need 171 inks to make them. Oh well:p

PrincessCelestian
07-24-16, 12:08 PM
So I am not sure why but on my side goals my collect purple petals does not auto complete while my collect (insert any other color) petals DOES autocomplete. Any ideas? Just an annoyance since I am pretty much maxed on purple petals.

xtinem070672
07-24-16, 12:10 PM
Oops. My bad. I will edit my post. You need 10 simple feasts.

Thanks! I better get cookin'...here piggy piggy piggy:rolleyes:

kattkrazie
07-24-16, 12:35 PM
Arrggghh. I have been out-smarted by artificial intelligence. I was lulled into a false sense of security by the high drop rates of parchment. So I stored my extra libraries several chapters ago. Now the tides have turned and I have 15 ink while my parchments have dried up (pun intended). I used gems to collect from the music stand and got only 1 parchment.

So keep your extra libraries out and collect from them regularly. You'll be glad later.

undead30k
07-24-16, 12:52 PM
Do we have to have 50 pigs out ready to be collected from?? Or can we have 25 pigs and collect twice from them??

I have around 37 pigs total

kattkrazie
07-24-16, 01:07 PM
Do we have to have 50 pigs out ready to be collected from?? Or can we have 25 pigs and collect twice from them??

I have around 37 pigs total

You don't need to collect from 50 at once. I only had 20 pigs out. They have a 2 hr. timer but Sir Pigglesworth has a 1 hr. timer so I was able to collect twice from him while waiting on the others.

RevdKathy
07-24-16, 01:08 PM
I only have about 8 pigs. But reckoning I will need the full day to make all the m****cript I should have time to visit all the piggies.

Sheeba8188
07-24-16, 01:15 PM
thank you! The hoarders who have 99 simple feast will have trouble in this chapter. :confused:
57 sheet musics in total now so far we need 171 inks to make them. Oh well:p

Do simple feasts from inventory count as I am maxed currently and I have no time to do 10 adventures to spend them to be able to make 10 more this is a crucial piece of information for me and will decide whether I continue or not with the quest.

undead30k
07-24-16, 01:22 PM
You don't need to collect from 50 at once. I only had 20 pigs out. They have a 2 hr. timer but Sir Pigglesworth has a 1 hr. timer so I was able to collect twice from him while waiting on the others.

Perfect. Thanks, I really didn't want to raise more

ashley224
07-24-16, 01:25 PM

Do simple feasts from inventory count as I am maxed currently and I have no time to do 10 adventures to spend them to be able to make 10 more this is a crucial piece of information for me and will decide whether I continue or not with the quest.

No worries, it clearly states that the ones in inventory count.

kattkrazie
07-24-16, 01:27 PM

The ones already in inventory counted for me. I didn't have to craft any. Just click the "Give" button.

CocoMom101
07-24-16, 01:27 PM
So I am not sure why but on my side goals my collect purple petals does not auto complete while my collect (insert any other color) petals DOES autocomplete. Any ideas? Just an annoyance since I am pretty much maxed on purple petals.

And I am having the opposite issue - my purple petals have been auto-completing but the blue ones will not! Wanna trade purples for blues? If only we could *sigh*.

CocoMom101
07-24-16, 01:32 PM

Edit. I think maybe I misunderstood. Is it 50 gems OR the other petals and stuff?

I think it is probably 50 Jewels - drops from mines and rock formations - at least i hope so!

CocoMom101
07-24-16, 01:35 PM
I don't want any deco either and wish they would let us know beforehand. But I wouldn't mind if this satyr would just stand around and drop something useful once in a while, like energy.

The floating Faery (cross-eyed gal) was the final reward from the Cherry Hive timed quest - so they do have moveable rewards sometimes, too.

spanisheyes1
07-24-16, 01:44 PM
It's jewels, not gems. Thankfully! The material requirements are also listed in the quote above.
You can get these from mines, chopping rocks, jewelers and Sabinas house. (Those are the main sources.)
Whoops I got it wrong again. I always understood that gems was short for jewels. Thanks for the clarification.