PDA

View Full Version : iPhone to Galaxy - Is there an incompatibility list?

paisley777
07-12-16, 03:44 PM
Hello all,

I have played on an iPhone for years and have just gotten a Galaxy7. I have asked customer support what might be lost if I switch accounts since I understand that some things are not compatible. All they will basically say is, "some things" are not compatible and would be lost.

Could anyone be more specific?! What does 'some things' include? Is there a list of these items that I would lose (assuming I have them)?

Thanks

flowerqueen007
07-12-16, 07:36 PM
the iphone is apple and the galaxy is andriod, basically two different operating systems, i would be surprised if anything was compatable. I am sure someone else knows better, maybe a mod will see this :)

SpiritWind00
07-12-16, 07:45 PM
As far as I am aware, you'll only lose/not see event items/buildings that were not offered on android devices. Baron's tent items should be ok now that android have the tent. with event items, just be careful as the space they sit in cannot be used if you were to open your game on the galaxy tablet. To be safe, you may like to consider storing items and then try replacing them on your board to you don't get into this pickle. There is no definitive list though of what has been offered on only iOS platform. Hope that helps somewhat :)

paisley777
07-13-16, 07:16 AM
There is no definitive list though of what has been offered on only iOS platform. Hope that helps somewhat :)

That's the problem. I may just leave it on the iPhone and play less rather than switch to the Galaxy and lose half the stuff I played so long to get. Really wish they would make a list so people could know in advance what is at risk.

meme1098
07-13-16, 08:08 AM
That's the problem. I may just leave it on the iPhone and play less rather than switch to the Galaxy and lose half the stuff I played so long to get. Really wish they would make a list so people could know in advance what is at risk.

You can go back & forth by using a login feature on one of S8 other games. The IOS only items just won't appear visible on the android device.

paisley777
07-13-16, 04:06 PM
You can go back & forth by using a login feature on one of S8 other games. The IOS only items just won't appear visible on the android device.

Sadly, Castle Story is one of the games that doesn't offer the log in option. That would be much simpler.

meme1098
07-13-16, 04:39 PM
Sadly, Castle Story is one of the games that doesn't offer the log in option. That would be much simpler.

So true. But I use Fruit Splash Mania to transfer. Just tap the settings button to login & all S8 games under that ID are transferred to your device.

Here's a link to instructions:

http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?59955-iOS-amp-Android-New-Login-feature-in-Limited-Games!

paisley777
07-14-16, 07:41 AM
So true. But I use Fruit Splash Mania to transfer. Just tap the settings button to login & all S8 games under that ID are transferred to your device.

Here's a link to instructions:

http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?59955-iOS-amp-Android-New-Login-feature-in-Limited-Games!

Really?! Yay
I had no idea that signing in to another game would automatically populate the others. Thanks!

jcherm7
07-14-16, 02:50 PM
I have been playing castle story on Android almost 3 years. When android received an update to get the barons tent I've had nothing but trouble with the game crashing and the keyboard will not respond. More so when I try to visit nbs or shall I say every time. How can this bug be fixed ????

SpiritWind00
07-14-16, 07:47 PM
I have been playing castle story on Android almost 3 years. When android received an update to get the barons tent I've had nothing but trouble with the game crashing and the keyboard will not respond. More so when I try to visit nbs or shall I say every time. How can this bug be fixed ????
Please post and refer to information in this thread: http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?92189-Update-failure-from-1-2-5-4g-to-1-5-0-3g-on-Android

as question has been answered, closing thread. :)