PDA

View Full Version : Can't expand because can't get parts.....help

DrP4ever
07-10-16, 10:21 PM
I can't expand to another location because I can't get the Tripods. From anywhere, any how. I also can't expand my storage space because I can't get bubble wrap. Without ways to get these items there is no way to continue with the game. We need ways to fix this, to acquire parts to make this game fun and worthwhile.

Rynetory2
07-11-16, 06:38 AM
Do you have any crafts in your inventory that you can sell in the City Exchange or you can discard?

If your inventory is full due to parts and since you cant expand to any location, I guess the only way for you is to discard some of those parts? Or maybe you can buy a part with gems if you are lacking of 1 or 2?

belarica
07-11-16, 07:05 AM
I'm having a serious problem with being able to expand too. The citizens hardly ever want to talk, and when they do it's usually a piddly 4 coins they give me. I need expansion parts.

Rynetory2
07-11-16, 07:18 AM
My citizens are staying indoors. I am doing orders non stop to get random drops. Tons of shops already in storage lol. Give it a try and see if it helps. :o

DrP4ever
07-11-16, 11:56 AM
No random drops in quite a long time, just a few coins. I'm not willing to buy gems if I only can expand with gems. If it is to help me get ahead that's one thing. I currently am lacking people because I had to wipe out roads to add building. Once my,condos finish I can store some houses in there. But this is ridiculous. Leveling up should provide a part that you need. Finishing a building to 5 stars etc. Need those tripods and bubble wrap but they never drop. And not going to throw out 6 parts to make room since you can't just delete 1. Still trying but if I can't expand after today I likely going to quit for awhile and then see if things improve later.

monstertop
07-11-16, 12:26 PM
I've been needing a shovel for 2 days now and I'm doing orders non-stop. I've built at least 2 of all the shops and been putting them to storage for space. This is ridiculous...

belarica
07-11-16, 12:52 PM
I've been needing a shovel for 2 days now and I'm doing orders non-stop. I've built at least 2 of all the shops and been putting them to storage for space. This is ridiculous...

I need saws. I always have plenty of hazmat suit guys (read tripods) and shovels.

monstertop
07-11-16, 02:52 PM
I FINALLY GOT A SHOVEL! Hahaha

DrP4ever
07-11-16, 11:16 PM
I can't get the hazmat guys ever. So I can't expand. Ugh! And no bubble wrap either.

Rynetory2
07-12-16, 12:16 AM
Keep submitting your orders, they drop rewards every now and then.

zyfazix
07-12-16, 02:34 AM
I get most of the pieces I need to expand or to restore points of interest from the Mystery boxes when getting 5 stars on a business.

CelestiasHeaven
07-12-16, 03:09 PM
I have exactly the same problem.
The citiziens of this city hardly never drops items i need for expanding.
Allthough its even ridicilous those quests ar urging the player to keep on building more and more house for the citziens.
I dont have any space, and hardly no parts dropped for expanding only once..
I wont invest in gems to be able to expan,seriously not.

monstertop
07-12-16, 04:08 PM
Keep submitting your orders, they drop rewards every now and then.

Hahah do you mean every now and when? Just kidding. But seriously, the needed drops are too rare for the amount of work that I'm putting in...

belarica
07-12-16, 04:52 PM
I bought the original value pack (125 gems, 225 coins and a carousel) for 1.99 because I figured the fun I having is worth it. I'm only using the gems to open up third slots in factories though, not for expansion parts

catlicja
07-13-16, 01:01 AM
Only way for me is to put mastered buisness into storage and replace with new buisness, for filling orders and getting parts.

kooky panda
07-13-16, 08:41 AM
Like all the other storm 8 games, as you level up random parts will be a little harder to obtain.

This keeps the game challenging and keeps players from speeding through the expansions and then get bored while waiting for new expansions or updates.

As Catlicja stated, keep mastering and placing more stores so you will earn more parts.

zyfazix
07-13-16, 08:57 AM
What's most frustrating about collecting upgrade parts (both Expansions and Storage) is that the number of pieces you get are so uneven. I have 4/3 on tripods and spades but no saws at all. From the start I've simply been short on it and it's always the limiting factor in expansions. For the next storage upgrade I have 8/5 boxes, 6/5 bubble wrap but only 2/5 tape.

About the rate of expansion, that is currently fine. I manage to unlock the next bit just before running out of space

lieniitte
07-13-16, 11:47 AM
The problem wouldn't be a problem if the parts you DO have didn't take up space in your storage! To fill orders from businesses you need storage space for materials. But if that's taken up by all the parts you have that you have 8 of and only need 4 of for the next expansion (and have only 2 saws out of for and 1 tripod out of 4, like my situation), you can't even properly fill orders. If the parts used for expansion were stored separately from other materials made, all of this would be fine and it wouldn't be so bad to work toward getting them by filling more orders.

Another game I play that has an extremely similar idea only it's on an island, has separate storage for these parts and it's unlimited. You only have to upgrade for material and product storage and that works much better. It is still difficult to get the parts but at least it's possible to do without having to spend tons of money on gems and I already bought the starter pack for this game, since I was having fun.
So, separate the storage and it will be great! :)

belarica
07-13-16, 01:01 PM
I have 7/3 hazmats, 12/3 shovels and 2/3 saws:confused:

monstertop
07-13-16, 01:06 PM
The problem wouldn't be a problem if the parts you DO have didn't take up space in your storage!

I totally agree with this. 50/60 are material parts for expanding inventory or land or brownstones/malls, etc. I only have 10 spots left for fulfilling orders. And I can't dare throw any of the construction materials away for who knows when I'll get them again as drops with these "rare as your level increase to make this game challenging" ordeal.

belarica
07-13-16, 01:15 PM
Make that 13/3 shovels after mastering To & Fromage

DrP4ever
07-13-16, 02:46 PM
Wish I could trade. I never have Hazmat guys or bubble wrap. And my inventory is clogged with them. Without a change in storage at least this game will be a bust sadly. Giving it a few more days then I will delete if nothing changes. No drops toward expansion in a couple days.

monstertop
07-13-16, 02:50 PM
It would be great if we could trade or at least sell them... then I could buy it from other players who have excess of the parts that I need. I wonder why we can't sell construction parts.

belarica
07-13-16, 03:37 PM
I second selling or buying expansion parts. You can do that in farm story 2. I'd like to unload some shovels but I won't delete them.

kooky panda
07-13-16, 03:49 PM
I second selling or buying expansion parts. You can do that in farm story 2. I'd like to unload some shovels but I won't delete them.

I have passed this suggestion over.:)

( I need two saws to expand!!)

belarica
07-13-16, 04:22 PM
I have passed this suggestion over.:)

( I need two saws to expand!!)

Thanks kooky!! Saws are so rare in my city, too

belarica
07-13-16, 05:07 PM
I've just made a discovery! If your inventory is full you can still collect expansion parts :)

cdreams1980
07-13-16, 05:11 PM
I've just made a discovery! If your inventory is full you can still collect expansion parts :)

What happens once your inventory is full of just expansion parts though? Kind of puts you at a stand still and if citizens aren't dropping the parts you need, I'm assuming you are just stuck indefinitely.

Cinderview
07-13-16, 05:17 PM
Can you tell us how to do this?

belarica
07-13-16, 06:02 PM
What happens once your inventory is full of just expansion parts though? Kind of puts you at a stand still and if citizens aren't dropping the parts you need, I'm assuming you are just stuck indefinitely.

I imagine it'll keep adding up. My inventory was full, 75/75 and then a citizen gave me a hazmat guy and then my inventory was 76/75.

ghjvcucjb
07-14-16, 01:30 AM

I just posted a suggestion to separate the inventory items from the upgrade parts so we can continue to play. At this point I'm at 66 for inventory but can't keep more than a few items because I'm full of upgrade parts but not enough to expand/upgrade city

kooky panda
07-14-16, 08:32 AM
Thanks kooky!! Saws are so rare in my city, too
After I posted this I got all my saws in a row!! My citizens were all out!:)

zyfazix
07-14-16, 08:50 AM
After I posted this I got all my saws in a row!! My citizens were all out!:)

Can I borrow some of your citizens? I still haven't received any saw drops :(

CelestiasHeaven
07-14-16, 02:55 PM
Like all the other storm 8 games, as you level up random parts will be a little harder to obtain.

This keeps the game challenging and keeps players from speeding through the expansions and then get bored while waiting for new expansions or updates.

As Catlicja stated, keep mastering and placing more stores so you will earn more parts.

I realize that, i am just saying, if you want us to get a bigger Town Population, at least it should be easier to get parts for expanding.
Right now most of my homes and storages are blocked from the road because of the terms to build more and more new Homes.
So if someone wants to have progress, it simply lease us with no choice than to keep on buildung more buildings. which eats up the whole space.

saucysammis
07-14-16, 04:00 PM

My game seems to be going along smoothly and I've completed tasks and have put nothing in storage. What I have spent a lot of time on is a road plan that I enjoy the look of (for the most part) that touches everything it needs to. Finding a good layout makes this is a puzzle game first and foremost. Factories don't need to touch roads and long businesses can be placed sideways....for awhile...

Right before expansions I find myself cutting off through roads (without leaving required items untouched)

I expanded to each point of interest first. I guess that's good since parts will come more slowly from now on. I fill orders from the port before business orders. Try to have one of each order ahead of the start time. I fill business orders and master them to get parts next. Every time one of my high rises fills I place another. That way I store my businesses and houses in those without losing the stars and population points.

DrP4ever
07-14-16, 05:57 PM
Without separating the parts this will be another Storm 8 game I will quit before I spend money on it. If it's reasonable and fun then I am willing but this is just dumb. About 2/3 of my inventory is parts so I can't do much. Not a great idea. Why can't you separate the parts from the needed items then e can still keep playing, keep building and eventually getting the needed parts.

Carbuck
07-14-16, 06:55 PM
Hi All!

I expanded to the Carousel but don't know what I need to do to get the upgrade parts. It looks like cotton candy. Please advise what I need to do to earn these parts.

Thanks

kooky panda
07-14-16, 07:08 PM
Hi All!

I expanded to the Carousel but don't know what I need to do to get the upgrade parts. It looks like cotton candy. Please advise what I need to do to earn these parts.

Thanks
Now that you have expanded there, you will start seeing the Cotton Candy as a random drop . Takes a while to get all of them.

Carbuck
07-15-16, 08:56 AM
Now that you have expanded there, you will start seeing the Cotton Candy as a random drop . Takes a while to get all of them.

Okay. I will keep plugging along. Thanks Kooky.

luincristiel
07-16-16, 03:40 AM
Without separating the parts this will be another Storm 8 game I will quit before I spend money on it. If it's reasonable and fun then I am willing but this is just dumb. About 2/3 of my inventory is parts so I can't do much. Not a great idea. Why can't you separate the parts from the needed items then e can still keep playing, keep building and eventually getting the needed parts.

Now 45 of my 60 spaces is parts. This is getting ridiculous.
Plus no expansion parts dropping. If I can't expand or upgrade my inventory for another 2 days I'm quitting the game...

izzyiza
07-16-16, 09:26 AM
Now 45 of my 60 spaces is parts. This is getting ridiculous.
Plus no expansion parts dropping. If I can't expand or upgrade my inventory for another 2 days I'm quitting the game...

I have a similar issue getting parts. It is too difficult and long to get certain parts now (like the tripod) so we can't expand and are stuck with tons of parts in our inventory. I don't want to discard any of these parts as they are somewhat difficult to get and, when I get the needed tripods, I want to have all the other parts ready to expand.

The game should have two inventories: one for parts and the other for items needed for deliveries. And we should be able to sell and buy parts at the exchange.

meme1098
07-16-16, 02:04 PM
I have a similar issue getting parts. It is too difficult and long to get certain parts now (like the tripod) so we can't expand and are stuck with tons of parts in our inventory. I don't want to discard any of these parts as they are somewhat difficult to get and, when I get the needed tripods, I want to have all the other parts ready to expand.

The game should have two inventories: one for parts and the other for items needed for deliveries. And we should be able to sell and buy parts at the exchange.

Either have a separate inventory for parts or, at least be able to sell parts! I have 12/4 bubble wrap needed & at least twice of every other part needed to upgrade storage or expand (except for shovels of course-2/4 of those). My citizens haven't dropped parts for days so that's a bust.

Sandybellee
07-16-16, 05:47 PM
Same problem. 14 saws, 2 tripods. Soon I'll be completely stuck and will stop playing.

baimifan
07-17-16, 12:55 AM
I am having the same issue. The random parts are so rare, I have too stop making items for shipment and orders, and discard most of it to save spaces for expandtion.

ghjvcucjb
07-17-16, 01:28 PM
Found a temporary work around to the full inventory issue this morning. Was clicking on all the items in my inventory trying to figure out what each was for. Came across 8 sledge hammers and found out they're for opening up new containers. So I clicked on the last container and realized I can't open that until level 24. Which will take forever considering how many houses are needed per level and the lack of space to build enough. Therefore those sledgehammers are unnecessary for a very long time. So now I can keep deleting those until I get to level 21/22. That will free 8 spots. Just wanted to pass that along. Maybe it'll help others

ballerinagirl9
07-17-16, 02:16 PM
Same problem. 14 saws, 2 tripods. Soon I'll be completely stuck and will stop playing.

Lol see I'm the opposite. I can't get a shovel to save my life. I had 14 tripods 3 saws. And I figured I was gridlocked anyhow so guess what? Bye bye tripods. On any other storm8 game you could CHOOSE how many of something to get rid of. Why on this game only must you delete the whole stockpile of a specific part? I also wondered why they don't let us those yep of inventory parts too , as in other games.

Sandybellee
07-17-16, 02:31 PM
Lol see I'm the opposite. I can't get a shovel to save my life. I had 14 tripods 3 saws. And I figured I was gridlocked anyhow so guess what? Bye bye tripods. On any other storm8 game you could CHOOSE how many of something to get rid of. Why on this game only must you delete the whole stockpile of a specific part? I also wondered why they don't let us those yep of inventory parts too , as in other games.

Yes, I'm surprised about all these playability issues too. Everything seems to be worse than in their other games. It's just not fun to play this way.
I ended up deleting wooden crates for inventory expansion because I was completely stuck.

TeabytheSea3
07-17-16, 04:06 PM
My people walk around and around, but I can't figure out why they may sometimes randomly tip and then most other times, they don't tip at all. After each order is complete in a shop, they tip, but I am talking about the random people walking around. I thought they might only be triggered to do that when a boat was in port, but that theory went out the window today. Has anyone figured this out? Is it on a 24 hr timer or something?

baimifan
07-17-16, 08:26 PM

i think the best way would be let players to expand upon completion of quests.

monstertop
07-17-16, 09:25 PM
Found a temporary work around to the full inventory issue this morning. Was clicking on all the items in my inventory trying to figure out what each was for. Came across 8 sledge hammers and found out they're for opening up new containers. So I clicked on the last container and realized I can't open that until level 24. Which will take forever considering how many houses are needed per level and the lack of space to build enough. Therefore those sledgehammers are unnecessary for a very long time. So now I can keep deleting those until I get to level 21/22. That will free 8 spots. Just wanted to pass that along. Maybe it'll help others

I use sledgehammers to open up space in my brownstones or condos or malls. I've been using it since I was able to purchase brownstones. So this help me very much unfortunately.

meme1098
07-18-16, 01:46 PM
That's funny because the extra slots in my Brownstones & Luxury Condo required bricks - not sledgehammers.

belarica
07-18-16, 02:05 PM
That's funny because the extra slots in my Brownstones & Luxury Condo required bricks - not sledgehammers.

They require bricks and sledgehammers in all except the first built

meme1098
07-18-16, 03:53 PM

Ok...thanks :)

Won't matter to me then since I'm just waiting for the last upgrade before I'm done with the game. Only started as a goal in another game & not feeling any fun here.

bss0226
07-18-16, 04:33 PM

And require hard hats after the second building

Sandybellee
07-19-16, 03:43 AM
I'm now regularly selling inventory upgrade parts because I'm stuck otherwise. But I really need those to upgrade my inventory. Not good!

athenageez
07-19-16, 08:29 AM
I'm now regularly selling inventory upgrade parts because I'm stuck otherwise. But I really need those to upgrade my inventory. Not good!

Yeah this is very annoying. You need to fill orders to get parts to upgrade your inventory but you don't have enough room to hold enough parts for filling orders (especially when you get to items that require multiple items to create IE custom cabinets and headphones) unless you get rid of parts needed to upgrade your inventory... At one point I had SIXTEEN bubble wrap, NINE packing tape but only ONE wooden crate. That was almost half of my inventory spots right there not even including the parts for containers and expansion.

Also I don't recommend deleting bricks/sledgehammers/hard hats. The buildings that require those open up way before level 24 - I'm only 18 and I've been using them for a few levels already. They help immensely freeing up land space. I deleted a stack of bricks early on thinking I wouldn't need them - now they're the one thing I'm low on for my condos/department store buildings so I've got stacks of sledgehammers and hard hats taking up space because I don't have enough bricks to use them :(

Kezlorek
07-19-16, 08:35 AM
If this thread doesn't keep their attention then they won't fix this issue. I have only been playing for a few days, and my inventory is about 75% full of parts that just sit there. I can't actually enjoy the game or stockpile products at all.

Suggestion: let us trade 2 of A and 2 of B (at any time) for 1 of C, because we all end of with tons of A and B but need C to expand or increase our inventory.

The exchange is awful too. I purchased more slots but it doesn't matter - only one slot ever sells, the others just remain there, days later, and they are all good deals with only quantity 1 or 2. I have 2 sugar selling for 150, which is waaaaaaaaaay below the average price, and it hasn't sold in 20 hours. Not fun, fair, or logical.

If these issues aren't fixed, nobody is going to be playing this game for long. It takes 15 items at my level to expand my inventory by 5. That makes no sense, unless the purpose, like other games, it so force me to buy gems to get around that. I will delete the game long before I ever think of doing such a thing simply because of the principal of forcing me to do such a thing.

This game already has huge restrictions: (1) Time (2) Gold (3) Space to build (4) Goods. Adding all the objects that pile up and take up space is yet another restriction that is going to force people to quit, so keep updating this post if you want a change.

cquinn32
07-19-16, 10:29 AM
I now have 11 sledgehammers and 0 hard hats!
I have 7 rolls of tape, 6 bubble wraps and 0 crates!

Please at least allow us to choose how many of one item to delete. I don't really want 11 sledgehammers in my inventory but definitely don't won't to delete them all. What are we supposed to do? I'm not going to use gems to buy the missing parts cause I'll be back in the same position in two days if this isn't fixed.

cdreams1980
07-19-16, 07:51 PM
I now have 11 sledgehammers and 0 hard hats!
I have 7 rolls of tape, 6 bubble wraps and 0 crates!

Please at least allow us to choose how many of one item to delete. I don't really want 11 sledgehammers in my inventory but definitely don't won't to delete them all. What are we supposed to do? I'm not going to use gems to buy the missing parts cause I'll be back in the same position in two days if this isn't fixed.

I have 17 duct tape!! I only need 6. This is getting ridiculous, especially since I've been hunting for the elusive box for over a day. I'm with you, I wish we could determine how many of something we'd like to delete.

DrP4ever
07-20-16, 02:22 PM
Just had to throw out 11 hard hats because I was maxed with mainly parts. I need bricks and sledgehammers but haven't seen any in forever. Or hazmat men either which I'm constantly lacking. Please fix this. Need separation of parts.

cquinn32
07-20-16, 03:07 PM
What are the hazmat men?

baimifan
07-20-16, 07:16 PM
I totally agree with you, I had same issues. I could give an advice, once you have a 5 star shop put them in store and place new ones, ignore all the shipments in case inventory is full.

DrP4ever
07-20-16, 08:51 PM
What are the hazmat men?

Apparently they are tripods but to me and some others they look like people in hazard material suits, hence the nickname hazmat men.

DragonThruTime
07-22-16, 04:49 PM
I'm having the same problem. I have a storage limit of 65 at the moment and 39 spots are taken up by upgrade or expansion materials. That only leaves space for 26 items to work with for filling deliveries. I'm pretty much at a standstill. I'm tired of having to continually sell items to try to make room or making things not needed at the moment to try to free up space only to have to sell them anyway to make room for the next order. It's a pain in the keester and is sucking the fun out of the game and unless I soon get the elusive items needed to make that upgrade or expansion, it's only going to get clogged more by a glut of the easily acquired expansion items. They need to make a separate storage area for expansion items. Or another solution may be to make it so we can get rid of one or two of any particular expansion item instead of having to dump the whole lot.

monstertop
07-22-16, 05:14 PM
I made the executive decision to throw away 24 wooden crates to free up all that space. I realized that 24 spaces will be worth not upgrading to more space for quite some time LOL.

DragonThruTime
07-22-16, 05:33 PM
24 crates. That's a lot. Lol. I have 9 right now. I'm not willing to get rid of them all. If I could get rid of a couple of several different items, I would consider that but not all of one item. I think the developers need to rethink the storage space problem.

monstertop
07-22-16, 09:22 PM
Hahah I was not willing to throw away all of them either which is why it went up to 24 LOL. But had to do it... I had no room for materials, sigh. Now I'm not getting any crates. I knew this would happen.

alyssafriends
07-23-16, 04:46 AM
This game is ridiculous. Inventory gets filled up with parts for expanding land and inventory. I have 17 boxes, 12 wrap, and 3 tape to expand inventory. I have 9 saws, 7 shovels and 1 jack hammer for land expansion. You either need to not count this in inventory or give equal numbers. My 80 max inventory has 49 of these items and I can't make anything in the factories. Done with this.......:mad:

cquinn32
07-23-16, 08:24 AM
I hope this problem just doesn't get ignored for to much longer. I can't see myself playing this long term with this constant battle for inventory space.

ahomeforme
07-23-16, 10:41 PM
I'm having the same problem. I have a storage limit of 65 at the moment and 39 spots are taken up by upgrade or expansion materials. That only leaves space for 26 items to work with for filling deliveries. I'm pretty much at a standstill. I'm tired of having to continually sell items to try to make room or making things not needed at the moment to try to free up space only to have to sell them anyway to make room for the next order. It's a pain in the keester and is sucking the fun out of the game and unless I soon get the elusive items needed to make that upgrade or expansion, it's only going to get clogged more by a glut of the easily acquired expansion items. They need to make a separate storage area for expansion items. Or another solution may be to make it so we can get rid of one or two of any particular expansion item instead of having to dump the whole lot.
Couldn't agree more. Me, 61/65 are taken up by upgrade and expansion materials. How am I supposed to play now without spending gems? Looking at it, I would probably not be able to ship off my boardwalk orderboard. Last item to deliver is 5 pcs. They don't even have a partial delivery option too. I do have gems but I am saving them to buy other things, not expansion/upgrade since we are supposed to be able to get parts for that. I can wait patiently for parts, but apparently the storage could not.

nortonmalc
07-24-16, 06:54 PM
My game is close to getting locked up too. 14 boxes, 13 saws, 8 bubble wraps, etc... If they don't want us to sell expansion items, at least let us discard just a portion of the additional items instead of requiring that we keep them all or discard them all. Pretty much all of my factories have large accumulations of uncollected items, since the problem can be slightly mitigated that way. I quit playing Farm Story 2 because it locked up like this, so I guess that I will just do the same once this one gets there.

zyfazix
07-27-16, 05:27 AM
6 crates, 6 bubble wrap, 2 tape
10 tripods, 7 spades, 0 saws
3 bricks, 2 hard hats, 0 sledgehammers
2 lightbulbs

Even with 80 storage spaces managing this is annoying frustrating

Edit#?: Errm. Not really liking these numbers in my invent right now. 70% of invent filled with upgrade parts because I don't have enough of just that one item.
Other than a separate storage and exchanging in market, being more flexible in expansion/expand demands could work. Any combination of pieces totalling X. 8 Tripods, 2 spades, 2 saws for an expansion asking for 12 pieces for example.

I got another tripod while typing this edit. Great

Edit: I got a SAW. I can finally expand to get 8 pieces out of storage

Edit: July 28th: Got lucky with some drops and managed to expand land and storage. Everything is still somewhat out of balance (enough tripods for two expansions...)

Rainstorms45
07-27-16, 05:45 AM
Why cant it be like rs2 seperate place for tools and can delete 1 item at a time.....

nortonmalc
07-27-16, 07:58 PM
Quite frankly, only getting 5 additional slots each time storage is expanded is insufficient to keep the game from getting locked up. In a best case scenario, you really only get two extra slots because three of the slots are required to house the materials for the next inventory expansion. In a typical scenario however, you are continually losing spots because you will be accruing more of the inventory that you already had excess of before you can complete one full set of something. For example, I've been getting nothing more than saw and boxes today to the point where the game is about to lock up.

To buy expansion:
Tripods: Need 3, Have 2
Shovels: Need 3, Have 4
Saws: Need 3, Have 19

To expand storage:
Tape: Need 6, Have 4
Bubble Wrap: Need 6, Have 8
Boxes: Need 6, Have 14

Chesterfield Gardens:
Water Pail: Need 5, Have 3

Paraglider Perch:
Parachute: Need 5, Have 1

Brownstone Expansion:
Bricks: Need 2, Have 1
Hammers: Need 1, Have 4
Hard Hat: Need 1, Have 0

Department Store Expansion:
Hard Hat: Need 1, Have 0
Hammer: Need 1, Have 4

So I now have 60 of my 65 inventory slots filed, while there are some items that require 5 items in inventory to build (Tea, Medicine Cabinet). If I get one more random piece that does not allow me to expand, I will have to stop playing because the game will be locked up.

Rynetory2
07-27-16, 08:29 PM
I'm in the same situation as you guys. Managing inventory space does get tricky and sometimes into dead lock situations. :( I have 19 shovels and 0 saws, lots of crates but only 3 bubble wraps, can't expand nor upgrade. I'm not courageous enough to delete 19 shovels at this point but guess I will have to do it when it comes to that...

cquinn32
07-27-16, 09:14 PM
I don't think they will ever let us sell these parts in the market and I can see why, but if they don't at least allow us to choose how many we can delete sometime "soon" I'll be done with this game. I refuse to delete 14 bubble wrap or spend gems to clear space just because I have no other choice!! I will spend/buy gems once the game is a little more fair.

twospoons
07-27-16, 10:49 PM
My storage had 67 of 65 (apparently you can keep collecting from pedestrians even when full) taken up by parts. Couldn't sell them, couldn't use them without paying 10 gems for the last missing part (either needed one bubble wrap or one tripod). But I paid for my gems, and don't see why I should have to spend them to continue playing instead of spending them on things I want. Alternatively, I could have gotten rid of all of one kind of part, but that seems short-sighted, or bought a bunch of brownstones and used up a few bricks opening slots, but they can't be stored or sold and I didn't want that many brownstones.

Fortunately, I kept the game open while I was working on something else that didn't require my full attention, so I could spend a half hour clicking on pedestrians, one of whom gave me the last bubble wrap I needed to increase my storage. So that was good, but it seems an untenable method of game play.

DrP4ever
07-28-16, 02:28 AM
51/80 slots are parts. At the point I feel like totally giving up. Can't get parts to expand, keep getting same parts. Can't delete one or two parts, can only delete all parts which I've done several times. Now that I think about it, I forget to count my hats and such so I have even less to play with. Need multiple items to makes parts at this point. I did buy the initial gems to support the game but not willing to spend $$ for 5 measly parts to be stuck again. I'm beyond frustrated at this point.

pcfroglad
07-28-16, 05:07 AM
Sounds like you are having the same problem .. i have 13 tape 5 boxes 2 bubble wrap. 60% of my inventory is full of this stuff and its getting worse.

Can we please, please have a separate inventory for upgrade items

farmergirl4now
07-28-16, 05:37 AM
Stuck...79 out of 80 items in storage are building/expanding materials...have been afraid to get rid of any of them. I guess I'm done with this game.

monstertop
07-28-16, 12:00 PM
Honestly, if you guys are getting close to a deadlock, I recommend you drop your 10+ expansion materials. It's not worth saving if it's not letting you enjoy the game. I dropped my 24 crates a couple of days ago and the game is so much easier to play and fun now that I can fully utilize my storage with business/boardwalk materials. I've had no trouble gathering up expansion materials afterwards as I've expanded my storage once and expanded land 2 or three times after that. I average around 15-25 free space which gives me a lot of relief.

nortonmalc
07-28-16, 04:36 PM
It's less the fact that I can drop 19 saws and keep playing, it's that the game is designed with a fundamental flaw. The expansion of 5 parts in inventory while also requiring 3 extra parts for the next expansion, while in addition requiring additional parts for expansion, for extra slots in apartment buildings and department stores, and to restore landmarks when you expand to them is a design flaw.

Plus, if I have 14 crates and only need 6 to expand, I cannot just discard the ones that are superfluous. Discarding the 14 crates means that I have to accumulate 6 more, during which time I will keep accruing the other two items until one of them will likely need to be discarded as well.

izzyiza
07-28-16, 04:59 PM
It's less the fact that I can drop 19 saws and keep playing, it's that the game is designed with a fundamental flaw. The expansion of 5 parts in inventory while also requiring 3 extra parts for the next expansion, while in addition requiring additional parts for expansion, for extra slots in apartment buildings and department stores, and to restore landmarks when you expand to them is a design flaw.

Plus, if I have 14 crates and only need 6 to expand, I cannot just discard the ones that are superfluous. Discarding the 14 crates means that I have to accumulate 6 more, during which time I will keep accruing the other two items until one of them will likely need to be discarded as well.

Same issue here. I deleted all my hammers about two days ago because I couldn't play the game anymore... And now I would need those hammers but only received two dropped items today when I usually get about 10. :(

athenageez
07-28-16, 05:53 PM
I can't even delete items anymore. The little X stopped showing up on items in my inventory.

Rynetory2
07-28-16, 08:43 PM
I can't even delete items anymore. The little X stopped showing up on items in my inventory.

The X shows up when your inventory is 90% full.

tilefish
07-29-16, 05:30 AM
(See attached photo)

I have been playing this game for couple of months now. I have this problem quite quite awhile. The drop rate for the tools to expand is too little, and i always got the tools that I dont need. I need saw, and it's been a month now that I havent got any saw at all. I running out of land to build more houses, and I stop buying new shops to sell stuff and I have limited space to store my tools.

Any of you facing the same problem? How do you solve it?

Wanna check if Storm8 team is going to solve the problem? Is there any updates? So far haven't heard anything from the team. Would like to know if there's any updates for this, if not at least let us know this is the way the game should be, then I won't waste my time playing this game anymore.

dragonwishsong
07-31-16, 06:49 AM
I found the only way to discard parts is to delete the whole lot. I had the same issue and wanted to discard a few items but it made me dump 13 of the same one instead of 3. Then I never got those same parts again and am stuck expanding now they are dumped. This was a different account to the one I am posting in

monstertop
08-01-16, 05:41 PM
I still think it's a good idea to dump all 10+ items if you're in a deadlock so you can still work on getting your orders in and mastering businesses. Then you have a chance to get the items you need instead of being stuck and not being able to play the game. Unless you want to quit the game, I guess. After I deleted 24 of my crates, I've slowly re-gathered my materials and I've expanded land 3, 4 times and increased storage 2 times. I'm not saying it's faster to re-gather and the items will appear frequently once you dump all 10+ items. I'm saying you can continue playing the game instead of being stuck and quitting.

Yes, it's a problem that they created the random drops as a part of the challenge to playing this game, that they don't provide us separate storages or enough space to start with, and that they don't let you choose how many items to delete. But what I proposed is a solution that works as long as you don't see deleting 10+ items as a loss. It's a gain of 10+ spaces that you're not using efficiently. I feel like I go through business orders and boardwalk orders so much faster with more space that I don't see it as a problem that I have to re-gather some parts again from the start.

twospoons
08-01-16, 10:59 PM
I gave in and did as you suggested, monstertop. Dropped all my sledgehammers, got some breathing room. But then I built my 2nd big brownstone and now I'm annoyed I have to wait to open the slots.

But it was better than waiting for the last tripod I needed to clear out a set of expansion parts.

DrP4ever
08-02-16, 11:29 PM
This is quite ridiculous, can't enlarge my storage because of too few slots so I have to drop items then don't get those back but one of another item. Same with expansion. And opening the lighthouse. No light drops in two or three days. I can't make the parts I need for orders b a use each order needs 10 plus items and I don't have the room. I'm about to give up and yes I did buy gems to see if that helped but everything costs too much so no help there. Could be a great game but when expansion parts and other parts are in same spot and you only grow 5 spots after spending 18 items that is ridiculous.

baimifan
08-03-16, 01:33 AM

Now I cannot delete the parts that i dont use!!!

zyfazix
08-03-16, 05:01 AM
15 crates, 9 bubble wrap, 5 tape (need 7)
10 tripods, 7 spades, 1 saw
3 bricks, 1 hard hat, 0 sledgehammers

60% of storage is filled with upgrade items. That leaves 34 inventory spaces to use for production. With 9 businesses that on average require 3-5 items with more needed for production I keep hitting that limit.

Now I cannot delete the parts that i dont use!!!

That's because your inventory is not full 'enough'. However stupid that may sound.

cavegirl1
08-03-16, 05:11 AM
This will be the first time I have stopped playing a game that would give me gems in other games. I struggled to level 15 but that's it. I am happy to have a challenge and be patient but there just seems to be something lacking that makes me want to continue.

Rynetory2
08-03-16, 05:21 AM
Since my last post here about having 19 shovels and lacking saws and bubble wraps to expand or upgrade, I did manage to expand and upgrade my inventory. I played with 6-10 inventory spaces for over a week before I got the part I needed. Now I still have 19 shovels and lots of crates and lacking other parts but I know they will come eventually. Keep going guys, they do drop. Btw, dont lose focus of your business orders as that was my mistake in shifting my primary focus to Boardwalk orders which slowed down my progress in getting parts. It's ok to do Boardwalk order but I find business orders should be the primary focus for growing cities to get parts. Hope this helps. Cheers.

tilefish
08-03-16, 08:59 AM
I tried different method sees it would help. But so far nope. The drop rate it's just ridiculous low and for unwanted or repeat items.

I didn't have more stores now, solely focus on the Broadway challenge. But I cannot expands my lands due to lack of tools that I needed. I so frustrated and deleted all my tools and start all over again, same problems occurred.

I'm giving up guys. Don't think I want to continue this game. It's a shame, like the graphics a lot but impossible to continue to build my city.

Jennyenn61
08-03-16, 09:10 AM
Your lucky I had 10 spaces available out of 75. I started increasing condos and department stores help eat extra items in inventory. Tripods are my items lacking. The goals requiring talking to residents is difficult when only one shows up after order filled. Those 2 roamers were not on for over 24 hours for me twice now. I am constantly building income buildings and housing, have almost every going government building, every available plant up and running, so what am I missing for roaming residents to show up?

Soundfreak
08-03-16, 10:55 AM
Since my last post here about having 19 shovels and lacking saws and bubble wraps to expand or upgrade, I did manage to expand and upgrade my inventory. I played with 6-10 inventory spaces for over a week before I got the part I needed. Now I still have 19 shovels and lots of crates and lacking other parts but I know they will come eventually. Keep going guys, they do drop. Btw, dont lose focus of your business orders as that was my mistake in shifting my primary focus to Boardwalk orders which slowed down my progress in getting parts. It's ok to do Boardwalk order but I find business orders should be the primary focus for growing cities to get parts. Hope this helps. Cheers.

Can't do business orders and Boardwalk at the same time due to lack of storage space, so I decided to just do business orders and now have no more room. CAn't seem to get any hard hats so my whole city is businesses. At my current level, I need to master 18 business to upgrade. it's getting extremely boring and I've lost interest. This will be my first and last Storm 8 game.

DrP4ever
08-04-16, 09:26 PM
I can only get shovels. I need no shovels. I have needed a light for the lighthouse For days, nope. No saws in days either. This is nuts. I have no idea what will happen after you run out of land either. Guess the game ends.

catlicja
08-05-16, 02:03 AM
Tripods are my items lacking

mine too
I'm desperatly waiting for one to expand and free some space in inventory, now I'm balancing and grabbing from factories only items taht immediately go on orders. pretty absurd

Snowtiger333
08-07-16, 08:26 AM
Another problem is that the options are delete all or delete nothing. I have 13 of the tripod item and dont want to go to zero. I did not continue on in bakery story 2 for this same reason: storage too full, too quickly and part upgrades not quick enough.

My storage is full. No point in playing if I cannot gather the items that I need to fill orders.

crazybaconBob
08-09-16, 07:40 PM
Bubble Wrap and Saws are the tough ones for me. for expanding, I have: Tripods and shovels, have 12 each, saws, have 2 Need 4 of each to expand, oh, I did get one saw today, wow. For increasing storage I have: packing tape 17, wood crate 7 (I got rid of 20 recently because of lack of storage space, wish you could get rid of a few, and not the whole darn thing) and only 4 bubble wrap need 7 of each. Been lucky tho, got 2 bubble wrap last night, but nothing today, S8 needs to fine tune the drop rates.

Update: Sept 6: shortly after posting this is finally had a good run and got what I needed. Was able to level up a few times too. Now I'm stuck with trying to get light bulbs. No drops and I've mastered about 15 shops and still nothing. Also trying to get parts for phase 2 of the bridge. Of course the saw is the one I need. Light house is my last POI. Really need those bulbs and saws.

Update 2: Sept 6 : just an FYI.. I'm lvl 21 with 100 store slots. Haven't had an inventory issue for awhile. Keeping my fingers crossed.

baimifan
08-18-16, 08:01 PM
Inventory is all most full again.

zenobia42
08-18-16, 08:44 PM
Inventory is all most full again.

Oh, that is painful! [] If we can't sell them [], why can't we at LEAST delete a few at a time? My luck is such that if I delete all of one I know they'll stop dropping as I overfill the others.

Citrie
08-19-16, 08:31 PM
Oh, that is painful! [] If we can't sell them [], why can't we at LEAST delete a few at a time? My luck is such that if I delete all of one I know they'll stop dropping as I overfill the others.
This is exactly what happened to me. Was only getting masking tape drops for weeks. Finally gave up, deleted them all since there's no option to select a few. And what do you know, now I can't get masking tape to drop :rolleyes:

my607
09-10-16, 09:06 PM
It took me forever to just get my final saw to expand it took forever. It seems like they know I need saw but give me everything except the saw. It's frustrating and you want to save your gems for something else.

monstertop
09-19-16, 02:39 PM
Just came to vent about how I really need a wooden crate to expand my inventory... Hahah, I have 21 packing tapes and 22 bubble wraps but I refuse to abandon them because I just need one more wooden crate. Sigh.

KingFlatus
09-22-16, 07:11 AM
I do think the drops need to be more random. I need 4 saws, for tripods and 4 spades to expand where I want to, and have 14 saws, 6 shovels and 3 tripods. I am running into the same issue with expanding my inventory, where I have 3 boxes and double digits for tape and bubble wrap. I don't want to keep selling items I need to fill orders, and I don't want to get rid of all 14 saws and hope the drop rate stays the same. I did that with bricks and now I can't seem to get any. Can we at least make it possible to sell off extra saws/bubble wrap etc? If not, please give us the ability to decide how much of a given item to discard.

my607
09-22-16, 02:29 PM
I just saw two expansions across the city bridge besides the free one you get.

cram1221
10-12-16, 06:52 AM
My entire inventory is full of expansion parts that I can't sell or can only delete all of a single type at once. For example, I have 24 tapes, 18 wooden crates but only
7 bubble wraps and of course I need 8 to expand my storage. It's the same to expand to a new square. Have 20-24 of everything but shovels, which, of course, I only have 3 of the 4 I need. I can't even deliver orders because I literally have 116/115 storage space right now. I can only greet citizens and they just keep giving me packing tape. Ahhhhh! Why can't the game just recognize I need something?! Because there is no way I would every pay real money for gems. If I can't get at least one of the two items I need today, I might just delete the game out of spite. (Level 24) I wish I could trade my excess wood crates to someone for some bubble wrap!

qprpaul
10-14-16, 01:16 AM
OK - The Halloween event lasts 3 weeks. I am going to take a risk that the bridge won't become available during this event.
Once the bridge does become available, if it similar to last time, you don't need expansion parts straight away.

Therefore I have decided to purge all my expansion parts on the basis, that within a month, I will probably have restocked sufficent to do the bridge (I will fill orders quicker with the spare capacity).

Even if the bridge becomes available straight after the halloween event, it might be wise (for me) to then only expand to Chesterfield Castle given how long it may take to get parts to open it - which will allow time to restock further for future expansion.

Deep breath - here we go.....

qprpaul
11-01-16, 07:21 AM
OK - The Halloween event lasts 3 weeks. I am going to take a risk that the bridge won't become available during this event.
Once the bridge does become available, if it similar to last time, you don't need expansion parts straight away.

Therefore I have decided to purge all my expansion parts on the basis, that within a month, I will probably have restocked sufficent to do the bridge (I will fill orders quicker with the spare capacity).

Even if the bridge becomes available straight after the halloween event, it might be wise (for me) to then only expand to Chesterfield Castle given how long it may take to get parts to open it - which will allow time to restock further for future expansion.

Deep breath - here we go.....

OK - my assumption (about the bridge not becoming available until after the Halloween event) was wrong, but the strategy worked for me - with the spare inventory it was a lot more fun to play, I could do orders much quicker and did indeed restock enough parts to complete both bridges and expand a little further.

Anyone considering purging expansion parts I would still do it even with the bridges available.

One word of caution against though - to expand up from the City Harbour bridge you do need 8 of each expansion item per square.

FridayFarms
11-09-16, 04:50 PM
I've been trying to like this game, but it has some major flaws. To keep playing, you need to send orders, but when you've mastered the business, you need to build new ones - which require space. Since you can't get enough parts to expand, you store businesses, which reduces your score. I think I have 8 business in storage now with nowhere to put them. Frustrating.

Never played a game where you got backed into a corner so easily, over and over.