PDA

View Full Version : Landmarks and which one are you saving your tickets for?

twospoons
07-10-16, 12:19 PM
Just curious. :)

If I continue playing (waiting to see if there's something to the chesterfield "mystery," because endless order filling only holds my interest for so long), I'd go for either the Taj Mahal or St. Basil's.

belarica
07-10-16, 12:21 PM
I like the windmill :) but probably going to save for big ben

Em_storm
07-11-16, 06:34 AM
I'm going to have a horrible time deciding. I want at least half of them, lol. My son wants Neuschwanstein. Maybe I'll save up for the Eiffel Tower first, then the rest will seem less by comparison.

zyfazix
07-11-16, 08:10 AM
I've started with the Luxor Obelisk. At the start of the game I appreciate the +15 population boost. Next will probably be more decorative, I like the modern buildings (China tv HQ, Khan Shatyr Entertainment centre) and Kinkaku-ji

monstertop
07-11-16, 03:30 PM
I want Arc de Triomphe(: It's going to take forever saving up tickets :P

Sandybellee
07-15-16, 03:14 PM
I definitely want Kinkaku-ji but may well get something else first because it will take a long time saving for it.

bss0226
07-16-16, 12:24 AM
I can buy any of them. I've amassed 227 tickets. As you do Boardwalk deliveries, the number of balloons you pop increases. I've been getting 8 balloons to pop and the last set of deliveries gave me between 1 and 4 tickets for each balloon. I got about 20 tickets out of that delivery. The only problem is the landmarks are so big. For instance, I think the Eiffel Tower takes up 20 spaces (5x4) and is huge. The others are similar. I've used the obelisk and windmill for decor and to increase population to help upgrade city hall. I also expanded to the glass palace/ gardens which increased 108 people.

Just did another Boardwalk. Got 9 tickets out of one balloon, the other 7 each gave 1 ticket. Collected 16 tickets. Now have 242 tickets. Need lots of space to show any. I'm kind of partial to the castle.

Another Boardwalk delivery and got 14 tickets out of the 8 balloons.

monstertop
07-16-16, 01:28 PM
Wow, good to know that we can get more tickets as we do more boardwalk deliveries. I was wondering if I'd last a month on this game to get a landmark I want at the rate of 3-4 tickets per boardwalk.

FunkyJM
07-18-16, 04:28 AM
I can buy any of them. I've amassed 227 tickets. As you do Boardwalk deliveries, the number of balloons you pop increases. I've been getting 8 balloons to pop and the last set of deliveries gave me between 1 and 4 tickets for each balloon. I got about 20 tickets out of that delivery. The only problem is the landmarks are so big. For instance, I think the Eiffel Tower takes up 20 spaces (5x4) and is huge. The others are similar. I've used the obelisk and windmill for decor and to increase population to help upgrade city hall. I also expanded to the glass palace/ gardens which increased 108 people.

Just did another Boardwalk. Got 9 tickets out of one balloon, the other 7 each gave 1 ticket. Collected 16 tickets. Now have 242 tickets. Need lots of space to show any. I'm kind of partial to the castle.

Another Boardwalk delivery and got 14 tickets out of the 8 balloons.

Hi :D
I started playing Dream City: Metropolis too. I'm just level 8. I was wondering: How do u get so many balloons at fulfilling all 9 delivery orders at Boardwalk? I just did 1 within 10mins and only got 2 balloons to pop. Or is it because of my level?

bss0226
07-18-16, 04:52 AM
I started playing Dream City: Metropolis too. I'm just level 8. I was wondering: How do u get so many balloons at fulfilling all 9 delivery orders at Boardwalk? I just did 1 within 10mins and only got 2 balloons to pop. Or is it because of my level?

Level perhaps or how many successful Boardwalk orders you've completed in a series

belarica
07-18-16, 07:52 AM
I ended up buying the arc de triomph as my first landmark :)

bss0226
07-18-16, 08:51 AM
I've purchased the obelisk, windmill and leaning tower. These take up 1, 2, and 4 squares respectively. Most of the others are so large that it will take a whole expansion to just place it.

zyfazix
07-18-16, 10:59 AM
I've compared the numbers of the Landmarks I have enough tickets for right now (90 tickets) . Pretty much all of them give 15 citizens per occupied tile when placed. Costs don't really vary either, 1 ticket per 2 population.
Regarding population/tile; the Windmill, statue of liberty and China Television HQ give slightly more (17.5, 16.7 and 18.9 respectively). I'm also expecting the numbers to be different for the Taj Mahal, Neuschwanstein and Kinkaku-ji but will need more info about their surface areas to be sure.

bss0226
07-18-16, 04:02 PM
I've compared the numbers of the Landmarks I have enough tickets for right now (90 tickets) . Pretty much all of them give 15 citizens per occupied tile when placed. Costs don't really vary either, 1 ticket per 2 population.
Regarding population/tile; the Windmill, statue of liberty and China Television HQ give slightly more (17.5, 16.7 and 18.9 respectively). I'm also expecting the numbers to be different for the Taj Mahal, Neuschwanstein and Kinkaku-ji but will need more info about their surface areas to be sure.

Taj Mahal takes up 15 squares
Neushwanstein takes up 15 squares
Kinkakuji takes up 20 squares

twospoons
07-18-16, 04:46 PM

i started getting 3 balloons per order when i hit level 12 (it might have been 11, but i think it was 12), and i also got more tickets per balloon then. your speed at fulfilling the order has no effect that i can see.

15 or more population per square? that seems pretty good to me, even if clearing enough space for buildings that big is tough. thanks for the math, zyfazix!

Sandybellee
07-19-16, 03:41 AM
I got the CN Tower after all to be able to level up. Too bad it takes 9 hours to build. It's 3x3 in size.

bss0226
07-19-16, 08:22 AM
I got the CN Tower after all to be able to level up. Too bad it takes 9 hours to build. It's 3x3 in size.

I did the same with the "Cinderella" castle to be able to upgrade population for two levels.

aardvark2000
07-19-16, 09:13 AM
Have the obelisk, the windmill, and the leaning tower. St. Basil's is my next goal...

aardvark2000
07-19-16, 09:27 AM
As far as surface area goes, once you start building your highrises, you will suddenly discover that you have plenty of space. Of course, 3x3 and above will always be a bit too much of a good thing, depending on the population...

saucysammis
07-19-16, 11:57 PM
I bought the St. Louis arch. My husband and daughter called me from the top of it a few weeks ago so my enthusiasm for it was high.

DrP4ever
07-20-16, 01:56 AM
None. Can't make orders because I can't get parts to expand. Too many helmets and no space for them. And too many items need the same part. Bought the initial gems etc but think I'm about done. Keep hoping it will improve but I can't get tickets because it's all or none and I can't do all sadly.

twospoons
07-20-16, 05:21 PM
I ended up buying the arc de triomph as my first landmark :)

nice!

I bought the St. Louis arch. My husband and daughter called me from the top of it a few weeks ago so my enthusiasm for it was high.

i just started thinking maybe i want this too. i have no particular connection to st. louis, but the arch is still neat.

None. Can't make orders because I can't get parts to expand. Too many helmets and no space for them. And too many items need the same part. Bought the initial gems etc but think I'm about done. Keep hoping it will improve but I can't get tickets because it's all or none and I can't do all sadly.

i was skating the edge there for a while, but i just leveled up to 13 (waiting for city hall to finish) so hopefully i can use some of my parts to get a department store and clear some space. i've been not clicking on pedestrians because i didn't want them to give me the parts i already have too many of!

zyfazix
07-21-16, 06:39 AM
I just bought the Beijing National Aquatics Centre (it was that or the Khan Shatyr Entertainment Centre, but the road around it looks terrible on my phone :() and had enough tickets left to buy the Gateway Arch. I'll probably get the CN Tower as 4th landmark

Chaotarch
07-24-16, 02:54 AM
can someone post the size of Beijing Nationnal AC and Khan Shatyr EC?
thx

zyfazix
07-24-16, 03:50 AM
can someone post the size of Beijing Nationnal AC and Khan Shatyr EC?
thx

They are both 4x4

bss0226
07-24-16, 09:45 AM
I just added the Statue of Liberty. I tend to add landmarks, space permitting, based on how much population I need to advance to the next level.

Carbuck
07-27-16, 03:25 PM

I was getting 8 balloons per order but I stopped doing them during the City.... Event. Today I started doing the Boardwalk orders again and I got only 2 balloons. So it appears that consistent play gives more tickets each time.

Carbuck
07-27-16, 03:27 PM
I currently have a little over a hundred tickets. I was tempted on a few occasions to get one of the landmark but deciding which one has been tough. So right now I'm just going to continue collecting the tickets as it will allow me more time to expand and also so that I can get multiple landmarks at one time.

Thanks to all who have posted the sizes of certain landmarks. That's very helpful in planning what to get.

athenageez
07-28-16, 12:51 PM
I got the Arc de Triomphe. I needed the population boost since I don't have enough coins for houses because it's either Boardwalk or regular orders - don't have the inventory to do both. I think I will get the landmarks that give the most population per square. So next time I'll grab the windmill and work my way up from there.

I have missed a couple of boardwalks because I can't keep up with them plus regular orders at the same time. Especially my current Boardwalk order... I did the math and it would take me 14 hours to get *just* all the required T-Shirts and Blue Jeans needed for it. I'd like to keep a stockpile of T-Shirts but don't have the inventory space for that. It would be hard to anyway because it seems like everything after level 16 requires a couple of them.

kenvindeptrai
07-29-16, 04:27 PM
My Effiel tower is 5x4 square :around 22 hours

deadpixel
07-30-16, 10:16 AM
I'm just collecting them in sequence. Currently at the Statue of Liberty.

bss0226
07-30-16, 10:21 PM
Just added coliseum. Nice animation of gladiators fighting

robino23
07-31-16, 03:18 PM
I just added the Eifel Tower a few days ago. I'm going down the line on what needs the most tickets. There is absolutely no reason behind this strategy. LOL!

monstertop
08-01-16, 11:30 AM
I've been saving for Arc de Triomphe and I finally bought it! Can't wait for the 12 hour building to be done(:

kenvindeptrai
08-01-16, 05:58 PM
Tip from me: to save your time, try to store some of big buildings ( already completed)to save space, put the landmark , after finish the l?ndmark, store it and replace building, that saving your time.

Rynetory2
08-07-16, 03:52 AM
Does anyone know the size of Hagia Sophia?

PurpleScorpion76
08-07-16, 05:59 AM
Big Ben being British it makes sense, but I'm incredibly tempted to get the Leaning Tower of Pisa.

lilhobby4ever
08-10-16, 05:25 AM
Does anyone know the size of Hagia Sophia?

5 x 5 squares 😄

Rynetory2
08-10-16, 07:21 AM
5 x 5 squares ��

Many thanks! Now I have the last bit of missing info. :)

Rynetory2
08-10-16, 07:27 AM
Updates

I know we tend to buy the landmarks we like but since land is scarce, I did the maths to calculate the population per square for the landmarks to help us in making a better informed decision. Hopefully it helps you. Do you know which landmark yields the highest population in terms of size? Well make a guess and see if your answer is correct under Landmarks (http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?92829-Dream-City-Buildings-and-Crafts-Guide&p=1320635&viewfull=1#post1320635) in Game Guide. :o

MissCeara
08-10-16, 07:31 AM
This is awesome! Very helpful, thank you! Guess I'll be saving up for that castle next... :)

Rynetory2
08-10-16, 07:43 AM
This is awesome! Very helpful, thank you! Guess I'll be saving up for that castle next... :)

Glad it helped! :o I just got it today, took me a while to save up but I am a happy camper.

Rynetory2
08-15-16, 06:19 PM
Can we have some landmarks that are smaller and not take up so much room and overshadow our city?

I would like to see "Christ the Redeemer" as a tribute to Brazil and the Olympics- it is definitely a powerful landmark and revered by many Christians

Great ideas! I've created a new thread and moved your post to Landmarks Suggestions (http://forum.storm8.com/showthread.php?93541-Landmarks-Suggestions) in Suggestion & Feedback forum.

Aside to others: Feel free to make your suggestions in that thread too. All suggestions are welcome. :)

MaribouMay
08-20-16, 10:56 PM
Updates

I know we tend to buy the landmarks we like but since land is scarce, I did the maths to calculate the population per square for the landmarks to help us in making a better informed decision. Hopefully it helps you. Do you know which landmark yields the highest population in terms of size? Well make a guess and see if your answer is correct under Landmarks (http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?92829-Dream-City-Buildings-and-Crafts-Guide&p=1320635&viewfull=1#post1320635) in Game Guide. :o

Very helpful! I am happy to see that one of my choices (built and on display) is the top pick. :-)

Mercy1st
09-02-16, 05:55 PM
Would love to have a lot of the landmarks unfortunately they are way too big and Really do not sit well with my Dream City. Plus they take up too much room to keep, and still build the city. Could we have some smaller size landmarks that are in keeping with The rest of our buildings? That said would really like to have Christ the Redeemer (from Rio). Still, love the Dream City and all the buildings and landmarks.

bkekst
09-04-16, 04:38 PM
So it appears that consistent play gives more tickets each time.

Seems to be the case. Very much a bummer for me because every few days I won't be able to spend enough time to complete any Boardwalk order at all. I would love to collect them all, that will probably take 2 years. But hey, I've been playing Dragon Story for about 2.5 years.

Wonkaland99
09-07-16, 06:33 AM
I just added the Eifel Tower a few days ago. I'm going down the line on what needs the most tickets. There is absolutely no reason behind this strategy. LOL!

I got the Eiffel Towr first (which is absolutely stunning), and am weell on my way to the Hagia Sofia.
Whether i will have the patience to keep aiming for the most difficult remains to be seen.

There are some I would not want at all, but not many, so there is a lot to do.

zenobia42
09-13-16, 09:36 AM
I bought:
1) Statue of Liberty
2) Colosseum
3) St. Basil's Cathedral
4) Neuchwanstein

I am saving up for the Taj Mahal next. Since it is second to the castle in terms of population per square, and beautiful. :)

SpiritWind00
09-14-16, 04:22 AM
I couldn't decide which to go for first, so I'm working my way up the list! Am determined to get them all (as time permits :)) I am building the Arc de Triomphe at the moment. the Colosseum looks fantastic.

barefootpip
09-21-16, 04:01 AM
I have two accounts. Unfortunately, I couldn't log into my normal account and storm8 couldn't help me retrieve the password unless I knew every big of information of my games. So I got to level 16 and I had five monuments. I have started again as I finally have been able to log into my normal account and have now learned, don't go above 105 stars. That way you don't get a chain of lengthily jobs and can create items in advance easily. That's the tip I include. If you can, create jobs in advance so you don't get bogged down. And I'm not doing anything other than gathering tokens for the monuments: Big Ben, Statue Of Liberty, Neuchwanstein and two windmills.

I do wonder how long this event will be going on for though as I would be so disappointed if I don't regain what I had before.

zenobia42
09-21-16, 03:52 PM
I couldn't decide which to go for first, so I'm working my way up the list! Am determined to get them all (as time permits :)) I am building the Arc de Triomphe at the moment. the Colosseum looks fantastic.

I love my Colosseum. It is animated - there are gladiators dueling in it all day and night lol.

(Although after reinstalling the game yesterday to deal with the hot pink issue, the gladiators are now fighting inside the walls instead of in the middle of the ring.)

Rynetory2
09-21-16, 05:51 PM
I love my Colosseum. It is animated - there are gladiators dueling in it all day and night lol.

(Although after reinstalling the game yesterday to deal with the hot pink issue, the gladiators are now fighting inside the walls instead of in the middle of the ring.)

My fighters are the same, I've flagged it over. Thanks.

SpiritWind00
09-21-16, 09:15 PM

Oh wow, I'm going to go and check that out! I just finished building St. Basil's Cathedral and it looks great. Next stop.... Paris! This may take a while!

Ok, no little gladiators in my collosseum at all! I rotated it all ways too. Oh well, I'm sure they'll come back once they finish petting the lions.:)

my607
10-01-16, 09:10 AM
We need some new landmarks.

ragecloset
10-08-16, 02:36 PM
Has anyone else noticed on the listing for landmarks that even though China Television Headquarters costs 85 tickets, it comes before the Statue of Liberty that costs less (75)? Just saying....

judyvines
11-11-16, 08:35 PM
Are there any new landmarks planned? I have 1,259 tickets and have everything except Hagia Sophia. It only costs 188 tickets, but I don't have enough space to place it yet. It is pointless for me to keep doing boardwalk orders if there aren't any new landmarks planned.

qprpaul
11-14-16, 04:51 AM
New landmarks would be great. It is slightly soul destroying when you complete levels after level 31 and you get an item unlocked box with nothing at all in it !!

There's so many that could be added that would look good - Sydney opera house, the pyramids etc.

TimeForACuppaTea
01-10-17, 10:17 PM
Has anyone done the math to figure out which landmarks are the best value for the cost of tickets?

Rynetory2
01-11-17, 08:04 AM
Has anyone done the math to figure out which landmarks are the best value for the cost of tickets?

I did one for population yield but didnt do for ticket amount. I figure that we wont run out of tickets unlike land which is limited by game. Feel free to do another analysis and I'll add that to the guide.

Updates