PDA

View Full Version : Getting rid of neighbours

Tamochan
07-10-16, 09:19 AM
Hiya
I am on ios and a level 50 player. I noticed that several of the people i have as neighbours are no longer playing (i notice their castles have not changed when i have to visit them)
So...
How can i delete them?
These are in game players and not via facebook (not connected to that) or game centre. Just folks who have added me via this forum.
Is it possible to clean them out or am i stuck with them?
Mnay thanks

kschlag
07-10-16, 09:33 AM
There's an "edit" button at the top of the social menu you visit your neighbors from. If you hit that, you can delete neighbors one at a time.

I just weeded through my inactive neighbors. Now is a very good time, because nearly everyone who's active just got a royal dragon. What I did about a week ago was delete all neighbors above level 17 without the new dragon. People under level 17 were deleted if their buildings aren't moving and they have no hearts to pop three days in a row.

I hope that answers your question.

Tamochan
07-11-16, 03:39 PM
There's an "edit" button at the top of the social menu you visit your neighbors from. If you hit that, you can delete neighbors one at a time.

I just weeded through my inactive neighbors. Now is a very good time, because nearly everyone who's active just got a royal dragon. What I did about a week ago was delete all neighbors above level 17 without the new dragon. People under level 17 were deleted if their buildings aren't moving and they have no hearts to pop three days in a row.

Thank you so much, that was really helpful :)

Moulin1
07-17-16, 12:28 PM

Wish I could be as ruthless as you. I give 1 month's grace and just as I am about to edit they start playing again

xtinem070672
07-17-16, 01:14 PM
I made a list of my nbrs and their game level. Every couple of weeks I check to see if they've leveled up. If not, I put a little X next to their name. Anyone who gets two X's (about six weeks time) I delete.

ghjvcucjb
07-18-16, 11:26 PM
I use neighbor requests during events to weed out inactive neighbors. The most helpful are the requests for 40 + of something. I send out request to half of my neighbor's on the first day then the other half the next day. Although supposedly only 20 requests go out at a time the rest remain in que until they all go through even if I already accomplish that task and even if it takes days later to process. Then I write down all those who respond. The following week I post a message on the walls of those who didn't respond and ask if they're still playing. I give them a week to respond then delete.

MoonVillage3
08-02-16, 12:45 PM
another way of checking if anyone is ever home, is to keep an eye on 'Movement' Buildings that are animated when in use.

Kitchens, MagicForge, PotionShops - smoke
Windmills, SawMills, Observatory - have turning actions
Mines - move
GlimmerGate - breathes

if after many checks everything is at a complete standstill, each time.. it's fair to think no one is home as the kingdom is not producing.
knowing also the collection time of the animated buildings.. u can even calculate more or less when they passed by if u see a building moving.

many players judge the energy bar.. if there are full hearts or none, deleting those with 1 or 0 hearts. but, this is not a sure method, it's just a quick method to delete without wasteing time. many players do without collecting hearts, especially when it takes ages to load other kingdoms. when games are old and devices too.. this becomes a daily major problem.

lexilea069
08-02-16, 03:04 PM
I agree with moonvillage3. My phone is old & as much as I'd love to visit neighbors more often, I have the lovely bug of game closing r freezing up when I visit. I am a very active player from day one but unfortunately due to job, life, & personal obligations I was unable to finish this last quest r the quest with the stag😔. Anyway just wanted to validate that yes us old device players have trouble at times! I Was an active Fantasy Friend player from day 1, I no longer can play😢 Because my game will not load on my old iPhone 4.

Sheeba8188
08-02-16, 03:35 PM

Excellent I also have been want to do this for some time currently have 361 neighbours but probably more than half are inactive permanently

elizabetheva
08-03-16, 09:56 AM
These are the best suggestions I've heard on this in a while! Most people seem to talk about using the heart method and I don't care for it since most of the high level players on my friends list who consistently respond to requests are like me and rarely have social hearts. for the first time, I might actually delete some friends without feeling guilty

A7B92
08-04-16, 07:56 AM
I hardly ever have hearts. I play every day, many times a day. When we have these events requiring us to pick up items every half hour or so, I am even less likely to go out visiting neighbors. I quickly respond to requests from neighbors, even though the requests come in saying the neighbors requested the item days before. (Hey, Storm8, I can give people their requests more efficiently, if you convey their requests on the day they request the item.). I also give the maximum gifts every day. I am a level 50 player. I spend almost no time decorating my kingdom, so it is a mess. It is just too tedious to slog through the inventory looking for stored items while making space in a crowded kingdom. And that dragon, which some of you use to determine if a player is active, is about to be stored in my kingdom.

MoonVillage3
08-10-16, 01:17 PM

Good idea about checking nbrs game if any recent building adds of any particular event in course.. I use this method too combined to the others I mentioned before.
The only thing that is not dependable is checking if 'hearts' are there, thinking ur nbr has collected rent. The game itself generates new hearts each day.. even if the nbr is not playing. This I know as have long-time RL friends who are nbrs on my list, they have deleted their game and others have abandoned, but, when I visit their kingdom, I see hearts to collect and I know for sure they are not playing.

MoonVillage3
08-11-16, 10:51 AM
checked my nbrs 'deleted' kingdom today.. again I found 5hearts to collect.
y'day I had collected all 5.
this is proof that kingdoms generate hearts by itself each day.. so u can't judge kingdoms whether occupied or not using the heart method, as in both situations: not playing, or playing, hearts do appear.

SpiritWind00
08-11-16, 04:48 PM
checked my nbrs 'deleted' kingdom today.. again I found 5hearts to collect.
y'day I had collected all 5.
this is proof that kingdoms generate hearts by itself each day.. so u can't judge kingdoms whether occupied or not using the heart method, as in both situations: not playing, or playing, hearts do appear.
yes, that's correct. That's quite normal that hearts regenerate when a kingdom is no longer played. :) It's always been like that. It's one of the reasons it can't be used to determine whether or not a player is active or not. But on the plus side, your rating goes up! (which is not that critical anyway, it just means that you're more likely to appear on the Community pages for players looking for similar levelled players to find each other).

xtinem070672
08-14-16, 05:24 AM
What is the concensus view on neighbors who are active (working on latest quest etc), but have no hearts, and don't reciprocate visits?

Visit and tap hearts regardless?
Visit and collect XP/coins/energy only (no tapping hearts)?
Delete?

Edit - How should I respond to active nbrs who don't acknowledge my visits? I ask bc I'm not sure if I should continue to help or skip them...

ninjalejones
08-14-16, 06:37 AM
A lot of people are playing on older devices that have major loading issues so visiting neighbours just isn't possible for them. Whether or not people visit has never bothered me. Answering requests matters so I value daily players who are active even though they never come by to pop hearts.

meme1098
08-14-16, 08:51 AM
A lot of people are playing on older devices that have major loading issues so visiting neighbours just isn't possible for them. Whether or not people visit has never bothered me. Answering requests matters so I value daily players who are active even though they never come by to pop hearts.

I have many nbrs who can't visit because of crashing issues. I visit most of them anyway & they know it's ok with me they can't reciprocate.

Regarding the visibility of hearts on non-players game boards, it's like other S8 games...everything gets reset after 2 weeks. Thus you can probably tap hearts for days on their game board.

ninjalejones
08-14-16, 09:02 AM
What is the concensus view on neighbors who are active (working on latest quest etc), but have no hearts, and don't reciprocate visits?

Visit and tap hearts regardless?
Visit and collect XP/coins/energy only (no tapping hearts)?
Delete?

Edit - How should I respond to active nbrs who don't acknowledge my visits? I ask bc I'm not sure if I should continue to help or skip them...

O.o I'm not sure I understand the question. No one owes you an acknowledgement or a visit in return or whatever. Sure, it's nice and curtious and whatnot but not everyone can visit or has the time etc. Just play your game like you want to play your game, regardless of how others play their game :)

ladyperidot
08-15-16, 04:19 AM
O.o I'm not sure I understand the question. No one owes you an acknowledgement or a visit in return or whatever. Sure, it's nice and curtious and whatnot but not everyone can visit or has the time etc. Just play your game like you want to play your game, regardless of how others play their game :)

I agree. I don't typically visit, but I do respond to all quest/neighbor requests and exchange gifts. I have a separate list of neighbors who have asked me for things during quests. These are the only people I ask as I know they are active.

dipwid
08-30-16, 10:54 AM
I am not sure that level is accurate in determining active neighbors either. It's easier to level while lower level, but takes a while in your 40's. The best way is to always check for new content such as from new events imho. I'm always active, account Dipwid. (I picked a silly name before realizing I would enjoy the game.)

ashley224
08-30-16, 01:50 PM
One of the great things about Castle a Story is that everyone can choose their own playing style and type of nbrs. I have a wonderful blend of daily visitors and awesome zero heart nbrs who are quick to return my requests. I strongly believe, as many players do, real life always comes first. I have health issues as does my 83 year old mom who relies heavily on us for support. My daughter also has health issues. Each day I try to return visits to those who visit me but I have, at times gone for weeks visiting very few people. My zero heart nbrs either can't or choose not to visit and I don't usually visit them. Really after about level 40 or so, the few coins gained by visiting kingdoms are meaningless. With over 40,000,000 coins, when I people regularly, is it to interact with them as I have made a connection of some type. Every 6 months or so, a week or two after new event with a new building starts (not at the end of the event as many of the new buildings go straight into storage) , I visit all my nbrs and look for the new building. If they have the building started, even if the building is at level one, I know they are still playing. If I don't see the building, I put a message on their wall asking to post on my wall if they are still playing. The next time I check, about six months later, if I see my message from last time, and haven't heard from them, I feel confident that they are no longer playing and delete them at this point. I do like to keep active nbrs but prefer a more relaxed method of removal. I keep two things in mind here, at times real life takes over and others can't play for a few weeks/months at a time and I don't have time or energy to be checking every month to see who is active or not.

An interesting story of my own. I had a lovely nbr, a daily visitor by the name of Talaris. I loved her positive messages with smileys and musical note symbols. After I became ill and slept 20 hours a day for over two years, I would play for short periods of time but not have energy to return visits. Her lovely posts were a delight in my day. Understandably after being patient for about six months she deleted me because she wanted nbrs that visited everyday as she did. Once I was able to start visiting nbrs again, I would visit her fairly often from a mutual nbrs wall. However, she would not return my visits even after I explained my situation. It has been about three years since she deleted me and I still visit her occasionally and post a lovely sparkle on her wall but have never heard from her since. No hard feelings Talaris, know that your posts made me smile everyday during a difficult time in my life, for that I thank you...

cyndora
08-30-16, 03:03 PM
i go through stages in visiting neighbors.

i sometimes have full hearts then i drop down too 1, i always reply to requests and quest help , i just dont have time everyday or every week to visit the 96 neighbors i have :( but i am a active player. its no hard feelings . once in a blue moon i have the ipad, and the house to myself so i go down my entire list and visit everyone. but by the time i have a chance to do that agin i am at 1 heart again lol.

i enjoy all my neighbors, i do have to say though storm8, we could use ALOT more space because either my neighbors are all hoarders or we just have too much stuff! i keep my kingdom tidy but some of my neighbors need the merry fairy maids or something :) you know who you are! lol

kattkrazie
08-30-16, 03:56 PM
One of the great things about Castle a Story is that everyone can choose their own playing style and type of nbrs. I have a wonderful blend of daily visitors and awesome zero heart nbrs who are quick to return my requests. I strongly believe, as many players do, real life always comes first. I have health issues as does my 83 year old mom who relies heavily on us for support. My daughter also has health issues. Each day I try to return visits to those who visit me but I have, at times gone for weeks visiting very few people. My zero heart nbrs either can't or choose not to visit and I don't usually visit them. Really after about level 40 or so, the few coins gained by visiting kingdoms are meaningless. With over 40,000,000 coins, when I people regularly, is it to interact with them as I have made a connection of some type. Every 6 months or so, a week or two after new event with a new building starts (not at the end of the event as many of the new buildings go straight into storage) , I visit all my nbrs and look for the new building. If they have the building started, even if the building is at level one, I know they are still playing. If I don't see the building, I put a message on their wall asking to post on my wall if they are still playing. The next time I check, about six months later, if I see my message from last time, and haven't heard from them, I feel confident that they are no longer playing and delete them at this point. I do like to keep active nbrs but prefer a more relaxed method of removal. I keep two things in mind here, at times real life takes over and others can't play for a few weeks/months at a time and I don't have time or energy to be checking every month to see who is active or not.

An interesting story of my own. I had a lovely nbr, a daily visitor by the name of Talaris. I loved her positive messages with smileys and musical note symbols. After I became ill and slept 20 hours a day for over two years, I would play for short periods of time but not have energy to return visits. Her lovely posts were a delight in my day. Understandably after being patient for about six months she deleted me because she wanted nbrs that visited everyday as she did. Once I was able to start visiting nbrs again, I would visit her fairly often from a mutual nbrs wall. However, she would not return my visits even after I explained my situation. It has been about three years since she deleted me and I still visit her occasionally and post a lovely sparkle on her wall but have never heard from her since. No hard feelings Talaris, know that your posts made me smile everyday during a difficult time in my life, for that I thank you...

Awwwwwwww, that's a sweet story. I hope she sees it and takes you back under her wing. Personally, I think you're an awesome neighbor!!

aiyoosha
08-30-16, 05:54 PM
dang, im a terrible neighbor, i only visit for energy and i dont even tap buildings when i do hahaha sorry neighbors but u know im good for answering requests :P

ashley224
08-30-16, 07:34 PM
Awwwwwwww, that's a sweet story. I hope she sees it and takes you back under her wing. Personally, I think you're an awesome neighbor!!

Thank you darling Katt, you are a great nbr too.

Steffihilson
08-30-16, 08:47 PM
dang, im a terrible neighbor, i only visit for energy and i dont even tap buildings when i do hahaha sorry neighbors but u know im good for answering requests :P

I don't even bother visiting for energy :D I don't see a point in visiting neighbours, as a profit for both sides is definitely not worth the effort. I play daily and respond to every request as soon as I can, but my "heart rate" has never been higher that one (and that is only during energy draining events) :D

aiyoosha
08-30-16, 09:52 PM
I don't even bother visiting for energy :D I don't see a point in visiting neighbours, as a profit for both sides is definitely not worth the effort. I play daily and respond to every request as soon as I can, but my "heart rate" has never been higher that one (and that is only during energy draining events) :D

hahaha hey we should be neighbors

ToshiNoMiya
08-31-16, 11:32 PM

That would be me, too. ^^;

I do think it would be nice if S8 could somehow - colour coding, for example - indicate the playing frequency of users, based on their kingdom activity. Or an inactivity indicator, maybe better.

A somewhat selfish request but over the years I've gotten so many neighbours, it would take weeks probably - since I have an offline life, too ;) - to check on everyone and sort it out myself.