PDA

View Full Version : Choosing new shops

giraffeeg
07-10-16, 02:28 AM
Hello
I am new to this game, only been playing for a few days, and so far I love it. There is something about all the busy work that appeals to me.
I'm up to level 8, and have noticed that until I level up, there are no new businesses for me to buy, but I have permits, so I could buy 2nd ones of what I already have. Sorry, not sure if that made sense. So, for example, I have 1 Farmer's Market, and the option to open a 2nd one.
What I wanted to ask - is your opinion - should I wait to level up and get a different shop that I don't have yet, or is part of the strategy normal to get a few of each shop. Again, for eg, I could have 3 Berry Delicious shops, or wait until I level up to get a Hot Dogs.
Just wondering what everyone else is doing :)

Drie918
07-10-16, 03:06 AM
Sounds like you are doing great! I was hoarding permits waiting for new shops to become available but found that it took far too long to make money. If you have three shops or more wanting orders you can usually craft lots of different things in a small amount of time instead of waiting to fill one order before starting another. I say choose whichever buildings you feel are nice to look at, I did!

DrP4ever
07-10-16, 04:18 AM
I had to buy multiple shops because it is the only way to make money, possibly get a drop of a rare item and give me something to do. It is dumb though. This game could be fun but needs some changes.

Rynetory2
07-10-16, 05:07 AM
There's no need to save up on permits and wait for new shops. I dont. I just get the existing shops when I'm done with mastery and the game will give me a new permit. You get to earn more coins by doing the orders. When you get a new shop and if you are out of permits, just complete mastering the existing shops to get more permits.

pipipooh1977
07-10-16, 06:31 AM
I like this game. But not being able to store mastered shops or you lose stars is annoying. I'm running out of room to build houses. They need to change this, after you master a shop you should be allowed to store it away without being docked stars.

pegasus2010
07-10-16, 08:34 AM
Help? Lots of my new buildings have a roadway icon and insist I add roads. How do I make this icon go away?

twospoons
07-10-16, 12:05 PM
All buildings need to have an adjacent road (and that road needs to be attached to the others to lead back to the train station). Until they are on a road, you won't get credit for the people if it's a house or civic building.

I need more space! How can I get expansion parts when my citizens have stopped greeting me on the sidewalk?

belarica
07-10-16, 12:30 PM
I like this game. But not being able to store mastered shops or you lose stars is annoying. I'm running out of room to build houses. They need to change this, after you master a shop you should be allowed to store it away without being docked stars.

I haven't had a problem yet, my city is upgrading to 13 now. I have 245/185 stars required to upgrade.

belarica
07-10-16, 12:31 PM
All buildings need to have an adjacent road (and that road needs to be attached to the others to lead back to the train station). Until they are on a road, you won't get credit for the people if it's a house or civic building.

I need more space! How can I get expansion parts when my citizens have stopped greeting me on the sidewalk?

That's my issue so far. My citizens will go through a burst and start saying things for 10 minutes and then absolutely nothing at all.

Em_storm
07-11-16, 06:13 AM
Thanks for starting this thread, I was wondering about this myself. I'll just go ahead and start some franchises I suppose. I could start a bunch of coffee shops and pretend I'm in Seattle...

tuffyjkitten
07-17-16, 06:01 PM
I was wondering that too. I'm one who absolutely hates having multiples of the same thing when I can have lots of different things so I only have 1 of each business so far. And I can't have the same color/style houses too close to each other....I'm constantly rearranging this game! :o

saucysammis
07-17-16, 06:36 PM
I start with 1, then 2 of each that I have permits for. Once I've got 2 each and no new ones available I check to see how many businesses I'm working and if I'll be Leveling up. If I have a lot working then I'll hold off on getting the third of something and just work the other businesses. I'm currently near to leveling to 17. I wish we could visit other cities.

The thing to keep in mind is that you can buy the high rises and place 4 - 10 of the duplicates in buildings that only need 2-4 spots and must touch the road in only one spot.

athenageez
07-19-16, 09:48 AM
I was doing that at first but it was turtling myself because mastering shops is how you get leveled up, coins and needed parts.

Instead I just make sure I have 1 of each shop available and then I get basically the same shop in each category so I can remember which to put in storage when I need space. IE Once I've mastered all available Dining Businesses, I just make Beefy Kings will all my yellow permits until I level up and can get a new shop unlocked. It makes it easier to remember which to put in storage. I take them out to level up my City Hall, then put them back in once it's started upgrading.

I avoid making more than one of shops that take 2 plots.

zyfazix
07-22-16, 08:01 AM
I keep some shops around town that I like the look of or that make sense to have in a specific area (coffee next to a subway entrance ;)). Other than that I keep building the same shop because it goes to storage and doing that gives less clutter. Right now I have 14 Huntington Socks shops in storage with 2 more coming soon

Mercuriair
07-26-16, 11:53 PM
Hard to avoid duplicating in the early stages but yes you can store 'invisibly' once you get dept stores and office buildings. I'm officially nuts (warning) so I have a whole narrative in my head. So...

Dept stores house businesses that you would normally find in dept stores so clothes, shoes, gifts, jewellery... A few suitable food outlets
Offices house other businesses - but in my head it's their admin centres/head offices.

But yea I hated having duplicates on the board in the early stages. Happy now to mostly have only one except things you'd expect more than one of but keep them far away from each other. I'm aiming for a seaside resort type town (like I grew up in) so loving the big wheel and have the fish restaurants and ice cream parlours on the sea front, high street type shops town centre, leisure places outskirts, mayors mansion the old chesterfield gardens right on the edges in the quieter parts. Nuts right?

Mercuriair
11-07-16, 02:56 AM
Getting harder to have the city how I want it due to the huge number of mastery stars required to reach next level. Fed up building duplicates of businesses.