PDA

View Full Version : Highrises

eam13
07-09-16, 07:34 PM
Please explain how to use and the purpose!

Edit(KP)

Game Guide (http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?92829-Dream-City-Buildings-and-Crafts-Guide&p=1320631&viewfull=1#post1320631)

scottdana818
07-10-16, 09:38 AM
Please explain how to use and the purpose!
I can't figure out what I'm supposed to do!

gustafrog
07-10-16, 02:52 PM
Its to save space. You can store multiple houses you already built in the container buildings (4 or 10). First you build the container, then add slots and put houses in the empty slots. Same goes for the business containers.

anna_stacia
07-10-16, 05:58 PM
I have houses, brownstone containers, and slots. I'm still not able to figure out how to "put houses" in the containers. When I click the green +, the bottom left shows 0/3. Bottom right is a green check. Putting houses in storage does not change anything.

DrP4ever
07-11-16, 02:54 AM
You put the houses in the brownstone. When it shows say 0/4 then you click on 4 houses, they go in the brownstonE. Now you have 4 houses taking up 2 spaces. You're not storing them, they still count as population.

anna_stacia
07-11-16, 10:49 AM
You put the houses in the brownstone. When it shows say 0/4 then you click on 4 houses, they go in the brownstonE. Now you have 4 houses taking up 2 spaces. You're not storing them, they still count as population.

This isn't working for me.

kooky panda
07-11-16, 11:20 AM
Click on the plus sign on your brownstone.
Click " add house"
Tap on a houseor houses you already have out in your City .
When done click green checkmark on the bottom of the screen.

Once your brownstone is full, your Plus sign will disappear .

anna_stacia
07-11-16, 11:46 AM
Thank you kooky panda. I had to close the game and reboot my iPad after placing the brownstone to get it to work.

DrP4ever
07-11-16, 11:57 AM
Sorry I want more clear. And yes sometimes you have to force close to get things to respond. And if you can't place 4 then you have to use parts, which are random drops that rarely happen to open up the 4 spots.

eastie41
07-11-16, 02:00 PM
Regarding the Brownstones: This is what I have found out.

They come with 4 slots.
The first two slots are open, allowing you to add two houses immediately. To unlock the next two slots , you need tools ( hammer or brick, or both). The hammer and bricks drop from mystery boxes and the citizens. I also received a hammer when a brownstone was completed.

There is an option to "add a slot" for 10 gems. I don't know if that would function to unlock an existing locked slot, or to add a new locked or unlocked slot to the brownstone. If anyone knows, please advise. Thanks :cool:

kooky panda
07-11-16, 02:27 PM
There is an option to "add a slot" for 10 gems. I don't know if that would function to unlock an existing locked slot, or to add a new locked or unlocked slot to the brownstone. If anyone knows, please advise. Thanks :cool:
You can spend 10 gems to add a new slot when you do not have the tools to buy the slot.

ghjvcucjb
07-12-16, 10:58 AM
First high rise is free and stores 4 regular housees.

I'm low on space so decided to buy another high rise, I think it was 250 coins and took a few hours to build. Unfortunately it only has 2 spots available. The other 2 spots require 10 gems each to open. The high rise takes up 2 spaces, the same as 2 houses so in the end a worthless solution

Don't waste your money or space people

ETA just found out you can add a slot with bricks! They're random drops but better than gems!

zyfazix
07-12-16, 11:35 AM
Tomorrow morning I'll reach level 13 at which I can buy a commercial highrise. I'm expecting it to work the same as the residential rises but I'll report what happens anyway (maybe with some screenshots)

kooky panda
07-12-16, 02:18 PM
Tomorrow morning I'll reach level 13 at which I can buy a commercial highrise. I'm expecting it to work the same as the residential rises but I'll report what happens anyway (maybe with some screenshots)
Oh that would be great!

belarica
07-12-16, 02:35 PM

The department store? You start with 4 slots and can add 6 more slots using 1 hard hat per slot. The second department store starts with 4 slots, and you can add more slots using hard hats + sledgehammers

http://i.imgur.com/cs9n1xA.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/igwoyfM.jpg

I chose to put stores that take up 2 spaces in the high rises :)

kooky panda
07-12-16, 02:40 PM
Great Tip!

Thanks for the photos!

zyfazix
07-12-16, 03:09 PM
The department store? You start with 4 slots and can add 6 more slots using 1 hard hat per slot. The second department store starts with 4 slots, and you can add more slots using hard hats + sledgehammers

Thanks! Glad to see the 2x1 buildings fit in there, they take up quite a lot of space for very little bonus. 10 large businesses would normally take 20 squares but this reduces it to a mere 4

catlicja
07-14-16, 12:53 AM
Thank you belarica and zyfazix for the info about departament store! I didn't realize that there is such useful thing, I've only noticed brownstones.
So much free space, I can breath now :)

DrP4ever
07-14-16, 02:32 AM
Thank you belarica and zyfazix for the info about departament store! I didn't realize that there is such useful thing, I've only noticed brownstones.
So much free space, I can breath now :)

I finally found them. Same tab as where the brownstones are, one tab is apartment high rises, other is business. Takes forever for the, to be finished but will be so helpful,once done. And of course once the parts drop to open them up to be able to fill the, up.

Chaotarch
07-14-16, 11:28 PM
you cant sell or store them:mad:
bug or feature?:rolleyes:

lol, "the early highrises" are "ugly" / not my style and its a long way to lv22...:rolleyes::cool:

zyfazix
07-15-16, 01:34 AM

lol, "the early highrises" are "ugly" / not my style and its a long way to lv22...:rolleyes::cool:

I noticed that too. It would be nice to get rid of those old buildings when you have something better to put in their place.

Chaotarch
07-15-16, 01:56 AM

nr3 = 2 hard hat + 1 sledgehammer
nr4 = 2 hard hat + 1 sledgehammer + 1 brick
nr5 = nr4 ( dont know if rising "per slot" )
nr6 = nr4 ( dont know if rising "per slot" )

Rynetory2
07-15-16, 02:09 AM
nr3 = 2 hard hat + 1 sledgehammer
nr4 = 2 hard hat + 1 sledgehammer + 1 brick
nr5 = nr4 ( dont know if rising "per slot" )
nr6 = nr4 ( dont know if rising "per slot" )

Which building is this for?

Chaotarch
07-15-16, 02:23 AM
Which building is this for?

sry, department store
nr09 cost 2250

Rynetory2
07-15-16, 02:38 AM
sry, department store
nr09 cost 2250

Thanks for the info. I'll add it to the guide in a bit. I believe the cost of each increases with each purchase.

Chaotarch
07-15-16, 05:18 AM
Thanks for the info. I'll add it to the guide in a bit. I believe the cost of each increases with each purchase.

yepp, dont note down before, but will post now:p

btw ( offtopic ):
2nd Family Park = 450 coins
2nd Public Pool = 1050 coins
2nd Post Office = 1200 coins
2nd Dog park = 2650 coins
2nd Firehouse = 3000 coins
2nd Police Station = 3750 coins
2nnd Communtiy Garden = 2350 coins
2nd Basketball Courts = 4900 coins

where should we post new Infos for the building guide? - its closed:confused:

upgrade Cityhall 17 to 18 needs 470 stars, 810 population, 2500 coins, 20h

Rynetory2
07-15-16, 07:43 AM
yepp, dont note down before, but will post now:p

btw ( offtopic ):....

Wonderful!! Many thanks for your help! :) You can post the info in http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?92896-Feedback-amp-Suggestions-on-The-Guides. That thread is meant for updates so you neednt worry about off topic.

Rynetory2
07-16-16, 06:40 AM

I have managed to get the answer to your question. It is by design that we cant store highrises. Sorry guys.

greshmo
07-17-16, 11:47 AM
I have managed to get the answer to your question. It is by design that we cant store highrises. Sorry guys.

Is it also by design that we can't sell either? I'd settle for that! lol

Rynetory2
07-17-16, 05:28 PM
Is it also by design that we can't sell either? I'd settle for that! lol

Yap. Not designed for sale nor storage.

saucysammis
07-17-16, 06:46 PM

I'm deciding to make my peace with it since many cities have older sections and at least in my city I can move my older section of buildings to new locations!

So far I have 4 original brownstones, one large brownstone, 2 small apartments one large apartment, 2 large department stores and 2 financial centers.

For symmetry I will likely decorate my old section of town with 1 to 3 more large brownstones, 2 more small apartments and either 1 or 3 more large apartments.....along with a bunch of the new stuff once I can get it.

08-20-16, 06:39 PM
I want to remove my all 1*2 highrises as they are so inefficient compared with 2*2 highrises. Can anyone tell me if I can do this, just remove , sell or even store them. Or pls make this done in the new vision. Thanks. I rly don't like 1*2 highrises. They are wasting my land.

MaribouMay
08-20-16, 10:51 PM
I think you can sell them after you remove all the houses from them. You may be able to store them too.

Rynetory2
08-20-16, 11:20 PM
I want to remove my all 1*2 highrises as they are so inefficient compared with 2*2 highrises. Can anyone tell me if I can do this, just remove , sell or even store them. Or pls make this done in the new vision. Thanks. I rly don't like 1*2 highrises. They are wasting my land.

I think you can sell them after you remove all the houses from them. You may be able to store them too.

Sorry we can't, not even when empty. It's intended to be so.

Mercuriair
10-18-16, 08:00 PM
Hops this is right thread to post on, with storing businesses in high rises I've quite a full city now, has anyone figured out a way to quickly work out how many you have of each business? It's because I want to make sure I place those that are duplicates in the highrise/s. It was easy earlier on but now it's a bigger city it's harder to see.

Personally I like the different residential highrises. All cities have new and old areas.

bagelprincess777
10-27-16, 02:52 PM
Hops this is right thread to post on, with storing businesses in high rises I've quite a full city now, has anyone figured out a way to quickly work out how many you have of each business? It's because I want to make sure I place those that are duplicates in the highrise/s. It was easy earlier on but now it's a bigger city it's harder to see.

Personally I like the different residential highrises. All cities have new and old areas.

The only way I could think of would be to store them together in the stores. I have over 400 businesses so that would be way too tedious for me to try. I don't even want to think about how many Beefy Kings I have... I make sure to only buy the bigger businesses once since they take up more room. I store everything though so it doesn't actually matter.

I wish they could make a way to store or sell them. I stupidly bought 30 of the Luxton resorts which only start out with 4 slots. I wish I could switch them to the Department store West because it starts out with 6 slots. I have over 60 of them and I have only managed to max out around 12 total. Those hard hats are difficult to get. You say they were designed this way, is there no way to change it? It really sucks to just be stuck with them. It's great we have more space now but it would still be nice to at least have the option to store them.