PDA

View Full Version : City Exchange

margarita1013
07-09-16, 03:41 PM
Why aren't we allowed to throw away items that don't sell? I need more space!

belarica
07-09-16, 07:52 PM
I was thinking that too. Or even take the item out of the market and back into our inventory

DrP4ever
07-10-16, 04:19 AM
Or even better let us get the things we need to expand our inventory!!!!

SpiritWind00
07-10-16, 04:55 AM
I thought I saw an 'x' (delete) button when I was maxed. Perhaps similar to BS2.

Rynetory2
07-10-16, 05:03 AM
Yes confirmed there's a "X" to throw away items in the inventory and there's no discard function in the City Exchange to free up the sale slot.

mykindofking
07-11-16, 07:34 AM
Agree! We need to be able to recover items that don't sell, or at least be able to change the price? Promote? After we have listed it

bss0226
07-11-16, 10:28 PM
I also notice you can't buy or sell expansion parts like you can in other games. So if I have too much tape, I can't sell. And I can't find boxes in stores cause no one can sell them

Niire
07-11-16, 10:36 PM
Yeah because I am to a point where I am out of room and unable to get new businesses because I cannot afford the high rises, and even if I could, there's no room, and the little people aren't giving very many expansion parts...it's like a vicious cycle, lol...so it would be nice to buy parts. ><

Rynetory2
07-12-16, 12:26 AM
I ak
Leo notice you can't buy or sell expansion parts like you can in other games. So if I have too much tape, I can't sell. And I can't find boxes in stores cause no one can sell them

I think it's part of the game design where we cant sell upgrade parts. So keep submitting order or tap on your citizens to get these parts. And mastering businesses will reward them too.

Rynetory2
07-12-16, 12:27 AM
Yeah because I am to a point where I am out of room and unable to get new businesses because I cannot afford the high rises, and even if I could, there's no room, and the little people aren't giving very many expansion parts...it's like a vicious cycle, lol...so it would be nice to buy parts. ><

I display the mastered shops to meet the requirements for City Hall but I store my extra mastered shops so to be able to keep submitting orders and get more parts and coins from them. Yap we all badly need space. Try rearranging your city. The City Hall and the factories are the only buildings which dont need roads so place them in the centre. Main thing is dont stop your orders cos we need those parts to upgrade/expand. Hope this helps.

DrP4ever
07-12-16, 02:10 AM
After a certain time if the item isn't sold it needs to be returned to inventory, sold for a lower price or something. If no one buys we can't use the spaces which sometimes you need to free up space for items in your inventory.

Every so often I buy an item from the market, hopefully it helps someone out.

bss0226
07-12-16, 07:34 AM
I display the mastered shops to meet the requirements for City Hall but I store my extra mastered shops so to be able to keep submitting orders and get more parts and coins from them. Yap we all badly need space. Try rearranging your city. The City Hall and the factories are the only buildings which dont need roads so place them in the centre. Main thing is dont stop your orders cos we need those parts to upgrade/expand. Hope this helps.

I didn't realize that factories don't need roads. Good to know. I might do some major reorganization to take advantage of that and free up space. Of course adding brownstones with 4 houses each will free up space too if you have the expansion parts for the 2 extra slots

bss0226
07-12-16, 07:39 AM
Every so often I buy an item from the market, hopefully it helps someone out.

Are these people selling items real people? I see the same cities all the time: San Francis(co missing), Brasilia, Berlin, London, Sydney, Paris and Rome. Never see any other USA cities such as Philadelphia, Chicago, New York, Los Angeles, Houston, Atlanta, Miami etc nor any Canadian cities.

We really need a way to have neighbors and buy from neighbors and visit their farms (even if only to see what they have for sale)

zyfazix
07-12-16, 10:50 AM
Are these people selling items real people? I see the same cities all the time: San Francis(co missing), Brasilia, Berlin, London, Sydney, Paris and Rome. Never see any other USA cities such as Philadelphia, Chicago, New York, Los Angeles, Houston, Atlanta, Miami etc nor any Canadian cities.

We really need a way to have neighbors and buy from neighbors and visit their farms (even if only to see what they have for sale)

I think those cities are based on approximate location. I did just see New York in the list. Others I see are Paris, Bras?lia, Rome, Hong Kong, Berlin, Seoul.
How often they appear depends on the time of day. Morning/early afternoon CEST shows a lot of Asian cities, afternoon CEST shows mostly Europe. I'm assuming there'll be mostly (South-)American cities when I'm asleep

LuvsHorror
07-16-16, 03:51 PM
Level 12 here. All my stuff has been selling very fast, but today it just sits all day in the shop. What's up?

bravewarrior
07-16-16, 06:44 PM
Is there a limit on how much I can sell in the trading post each day? I was selling like gangbusters and now it's stopped since about five hours ago. If I can't sell, I can't play since my storage is so limited right now. I have tons of stuff waiting to be collected from my factories, but I only have about five slots left to get my shipments out.

LuvsHorror
07-16-16, 07:19 PM
Is there a limit on how much I can sell in the trading post each day? I was selling like gangbusters and now it's stopped since about five hours ago. If I can't sell, I can't play since my storage is so limited right now. I have tons of stuff waiting to be collected from my factories, but I only have about five slots left to get my shipments out.

Same problem here, overloaded n storage and cant bring more stuff. Have four slot open n store but three seem to be out of commition. The forth will sell stuff, albeit a lot slower than before.

TheRedElephant
07-16-16, 08:14 PM

Same problem too, not selling anything in the trade post and yesterday everything sold as soon as I posted it.

ballerinagirl9
07-16-16, 08:35 PM
So yesterday everything was flying off the shelves. Now today I was gone for over 8 hrs and not one item sold. Something is wrong. I'd take the punch and just remove them but once u list it...there is no way I can see to delete or remove item etc. so my store has 6 items just sitting that aren't selling and I need to sell stuff to make room in inventory as usual because the inventory gets sucked up by parts we need. But the game is useless if I can't use my store or sell anything. I don't get why I could sell stuff yesterday and all days prior and now can't sell a thing. Why isn't there an option to delete the item up for sale at least if it doesn't sell?

belarica
07-16-16, 09:59 PM
So yesterday everything was flying off the shelves. Now today I was gone for over 8 hrs and not one item sold. Something is wrong. I'd take the punch and just remove them but once u list it...there is no way I can see to delete or remove item etc. so my store has 6 items just sitting that aren't selling and I need to sell stuff to make room in inventory as usual because the inventory gets sucked up by parts we need. But the game is useless if I can't use my store or sell anything. I don't get why I could sell stuff yesterday and all days prior and now can't sell a thing. Why isn't there an option to delete the item up for sale at least if it doesn't sell?
I haven't been able to sell much today either. Yesterday was awesome, everything was selling in seconds.

jlynnb37
07-16-16, 11:45 PM
Same problem here, overloaded n storage and cant bring more stuff. Have four slot open n store but three seem to be out of commition. The forth will sell stuff, albeit a lot slower than before.

Same thing. Selling fast yesterday. Today it sits or glitches to show a certain item doubled. Then it switched back. Not moving.
Can't play anymore if it is not working.

bravewarrior
07-17-16, 08:46 AM
Slot #1 started working this morning and I was able to sell three items that were filling my storage....and then it stopped again. Slots 2 and 3 are dead. I can understand a couple of hours, but not overnight.

I have alost noticed more stuff is selling this morning too where yesterday noting in the market was really selling unless I bought it

ballerinagirl9
07-17-16, 01:35 PM
My third day where nothing is selling of mine. I refuse to list anymore for sell if they just sit there. But when I go the buy items page they flying like hot cakes off the shelves. This seems in total contradiction to over 3 days ago....all my stuff was being bought as soon as I listed ....yet where I can purchase others items, the items sat there and I was only one buying. Definitely something is wrong wrong wrong

Exactly. U are right on with how it works. My stuff isn't being bought then the purchase side is on fire. And vice versa, when my stuff is selling like crazy, then the purchase side where I can buy things doesn't even budge. I don't have to hurry to buy it cause nobody else is buying it. So strange. Definitely a glitch of some kind

Yeah and with the harbor boat, u get stuck in a deadlock where u can't even play. Trying to store stuff that takes a long time to make just to fulfill the boat request but yet trying to fill regular orders but storage fills up mainly with expansion/storage parts. So your only choices to free up space are to sell stuff (but that doesn't work if stuff isn't selling) or to get rid of things in storage like expansion needed parts or things u have made (which makes no profit). It's all screwed up.

ballerinagirl9
07-17-16, 02:08 PM
Same problem too, not selling anything in the trade post and yesterday everything sold as soon as I posted it.

I dont one get why this is happening. Is this like a way to limit our success? If so, this game sux. Almost true to real life...."the Man"/bureaucracy trying to keep us from getting ahead lol;)

ballerinagirl9
07-17-16, 02:12 PM
It would be nice eh? Hey MODS, some help...can u ask or find out for us?

What's the fun in playing a game you can't even make a move in. I've already had to delete needed inventory parts I could use to upgrade storage because been in deadlock twice. And now I prob won't be able to expand forever cause I gave up the tripods to get space. Smh. u would at
east think we could just delete a pending sale if it's not selling. But I think there's a glitch because why when I go to buy something it's like people are buying like crazy, u gotta be quick or its gone. Yet my stuff has sat there for 3'days.

Sandybellee
07-17-16, 02:20 PM
Same problem. Nothing I list is selling. This game is the least user friendly I have played if all these issues are there on purpose. Not being able to sell the expansion parts or delete a sale item makes for very poor playability.

TeabytheSea3
07-17-16, 03:55 PM
It is very frustrating to have items sitting in the city exchange that aren't being sold. We cannot delete them from the city exchange & replace them with something else, nor can we promote them in the market once you've listed them (like we can in farm story 2). We don't even have Stormie coming around to buy our stuff. So without neighbor's, our goods have no way of being promoted for sale. :(

Rynetory2
07-17-16, 05:26 PM
It would be nice eh? Hey MODS, some help...can u ask or find out for us?

What's the fun in playing a game you can't even make a move in. I've already had to delete needed inventory parts I could use to upgrade storage because been in deadlock twice. And now I prob won't be able to expand forever cause I gave up the tripods to get space. Smh. u would at
east think we could just delete a pending sale if it's not selling. But I think there's a glitch because why when I go to buy something it's like people are buying like crazy, u gotta be quick or its gone. Yet my stuff has sat there for 3'days.

I've reported this in for the team to check. Thanks.

Aside to all: You can report in this bug thread (http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?92963-Can-t-sell-item-in-market-anymore) if you are experiencing this.

bss0226
07-18-16, 04:20 PM
Here are the cities I've seen in the city exchange. Please add any I have not listed

NORTH AMERICA:
New York City
San Francisco

SOUTH AMERICA:
Brasilia

AUSTRALIA:
Sydney

AFRICA:
none

ASIA:
Hong Kong
Seoul
Tokyo

EUROPE:
Athens
Berlin
London
Paris
Rome

ANTARCTICA:
None

twospoons
07-18-16, 04:43 PM
Here are the cities I've seen in the city exchange. Please add any I have not listed

did you expect to see a listing from Antarctica?

TheRedElephant
07-18-16, 05:34 PM
I see names today, yesterday was cities, today is names. Every other cycle I get the same names with the same items. They are in different spots, but still the same ones. I noticed this because the same person is trying to sell 20 hats and it is always showing up. My sale items are selling really slow, takes hours for a sale.

bss0226
07-18-16, 06:52 PM
did you expect to see a listing from Antarctica?
Just in case. Got to do something in those long winters...

nyrrem
07-18-16, 10:58 PM
I'm not impressed with going to the exchange to buy and finding that over half of the stock has sold and all I'm left with us sugar to buy. When I first started using the market things wouldn't sell out - I'd always have a good selection to pick from - but now always gone when I visit. What is the point?????? It's really annoying! It's hard enough to fill the boardwalk orders without a full market.

DrP4ever
07-19-16, 01:20 AM
All there is to purchase is sugar it seems, not helpful at all.

TheRedElephant
07-19-16, 07:50 AM

All I get to buy is sugar, ice cream cones and hats. It was working great 4 days ago, now nothing good to buy and sales are really slow, takes hours to sell something.

bss0226
07-19-16, 08:32 AM

Once you level up enough to make coffee in the energy factory (it's 90 minutes to craft), you'll appreciate being able to buy sugar which takes 1 hour to craft. You'll need sugar to make crackerjack and you'll need coffee for deliveries and the robobarristas

athenageez
07-19-16, 10:03 AM
Seeing as how sugar isn't required THAT much and I have a stack of alternating coffee and sugar at least 8+ high at any moment it's a little disappointing to just see sugar in the Exchange. What I need are usually Tradecraft tools. I'd buy stacks of Pliers and Chisels if anyone ever sold them!

Currently lvl 18

LuvsHorror
07-19-16, 10:25 AM
At a stalemate here. Can't progress because storage is full, items won't sell, and nothing I need to buy. Unless I spend a fortune on gems, which I won't. Tapped out on Farm Story 2 as far as buying gems. I rather like this game, at least before this weekend. Hope the store problem is a fixable glitch. Plus once in a rare while, someone named 'someone' buys my stuff. Can we name our cities and buy from one another?

TheRedElephant
07-19-16, 11:47 AM
Seeing as how sugar isn't required THAT much and I have a stack of alternating coffee and sugar at least 8+ high at any moment it's a little disappointing to just see sugar in the Exchange. What I need are usually Tradecraft tools. I'd buy stacks of Pliers and Chisels if anyone ever sold them!

Currently lvl 18

Level 17
I need these items too! I make sugar and coffee at night and have more than what I need but always need tradecraft tools.

zyfazix
07-22-16, 08:56 AM
Someone sold 6 wrenches. These are the kind of deals I open the exchange for :D

tuffyjkitten
07-22-16, 03:48 PM
Just hit level 11 and pretty much ever since the exchange opened for me it's been a nonstop sugar fest. I haven't even had businesses asking for sugar in orders, though I think the boardwalk did once. My best find was 5 stoves, I HATE making stoves and griddles!! I also get a lot of listings for things I can't even make yet, hats and popcorn and baseball bats....that's not very useful either!

cdreams1980
07-24-16, 01:55 PM
Anyone else notice a change to how long before we get new orders? It was 5 minutes before the orders reset, now it's 6.

bss0226
07-25-16, 01:53 AM
Anyone else notice a change to how long before we get new orders? It was 5 minutes before the orders reset, now it's 6.
Still 5 on my city

eastie41
09-10-16, 04:23 PM
HI!

For several weeks, most of the items that are posted for sale in my Exchange are chauffeur hats and baseball bats. I 'assume' that the coders have the ability to 'load' items in the Exchange.

I'd like more variety. For example items from Tradecraft, Furniture, Kitchenware, Appliances and Casual Wear. Can the coders load some different products?

And, I wonder if others are seeing the similar collection of items as I have.

I'm level 18 , and there was more variety in the Exchange for me at the lower levels.

Thanks! :cool:

zenobia42
09-10-16, 06:40 PM
I see tons of chauffeur hats and baseball bats too. I always assumed that was because a lot of people make extras of those, since they require no pre-crafts, in order to keep their factories from being idle and hopefully make a little money on them. So if 80% of the offers that players make are those 2 items, and they take a random sampling, chances are we will see them take up 80% of the space in our exchanges most of the time.

Personally, I'd LOVE to see more t-shirts or any other casualwear items in the market. Whenever I do see anything that is casualwear or requires a t-shirt, I buy it, no matter how many are in the offer, or the price, or whether I need it right then or not. It's SO worth it to me to not have to make them. I also buy any Tradecraft, or item that has a tradecraft pre-craft, as well, no matter the price. Like ovens as you mentioned. But I almost never see any of the things I want either. So I check the exchange obsessively. Once in a while... I scored 7 t-shirts once! That's 5:15 hours of coveted casualwear time saved! Even just a chisel I jump on. Once I scored 3 jeans too. I may not need them now but I always will soon.

cquinn32
09-10-16, 07:58 PM
I do the exact same thing buying any and every item that is made in the tradecraft or casual wear factories wether I need it or not. I don't see them very often either although I would never sell any of those items either lol.

Would be nice if the game just generated a random item in a few of the slots, or maybe it does idk.

Remembered I took this pic a while back and just wanted to share
Who on earth had time to make and sell 60 caramel corn and why would someone buy that many?
Not sure if it was a glitch or what but thought its was funny when I saw it.

eastie41
09-11-16, 12:30 AM
I do the exact same thing buying any and every item that is made in the tradecraft or casual wear factories wether I need it or not. I don't see them very often either although I would never sell any of those items either lol.

Would be nice if the game just generated a random item in a few of the slots, or maybe it does idk.

Remembered I took this pic a while back and just wanted to share
Who on earth had time to make and sell 60 caramel corn and why would someone buy that many?
Not sure if it was a glitch or what but thought its was funny when I saw it.

OH gosh, that is crazy. I've seen unusually high quantities , but your example is way out there!

eastie41
09-11-16, 12:32 AM
I see tons of chauffeur hats and baseball bats too. I always assumed that was because a lot of people make extras of those, since they require no pre-crafts, in order to keep their factories from being idle and hopefully make a little money on them. So if 80% of the offers that players make are those 2 items, and they take a random sampling, chances are we will see them take up 80% of the space in our exchanges most of the time.

Personally, I'd LOVE to see more t-shirts or any other casualwear items in the market. Whenever I do see anything that is casualwear or requires a t-shirt, I buy it, no matter how many are in the offer, or the price, or whether I need it right then or not. It's SO worth it to me to not have to make them. I also buy any Tradecraft, or item that has a tradecraft pre-craft, as well, no matter the price. Like ovens as you mentioned. But I almost never see any of the things I want either. So I check the exchange obsessively. Once in a while... I scored 7 t-shirts once! That's 5:15 hours of coveted casualwear time saved! Even just a chisel I jump on. Once I scored 3 jeans too. I may not need them now but I always will soon.

I try to do the same, but as you know it is slim pickings. You've had some good luck! good for you. I deleted the bricks and sledgehammers in my storage. to make room for real merchandise.

Kampers57
09-15-16, 08:32 AM
I also see a lot those hats and bats. It's irritating. They're so easy to make, why buy them? So I will sell tools, clothing, etc in hopes that the exchange will offer more of a variety.

zenobia42
09-17-16, 08:02 AM
I try to do the same, but as you know it is slim pickings. You've had some good luck! good for you. I deleted the bricks and sledgehammers in my storage. to make room for real merchandise.

I just deleted 20 saws myself. It really hurts to have to delete them all rather than delete down to 5... or even better be able to exchange those items so those who need them can pay me a ton for them lol. I have never played a game before that didn't let us do that.

But I always keep bricks & sledgehammers (and hard hats but really I NEVER get enough of those). Because we are forced to grow up rather than out and the more of each type of highrise we build, the more of those items spare required to open slots. But I may be forced to sell sledgehammers soon too. The ginormous gap between when players are ready to expand and when the game allows us to is at least as bad as any other Storm8 game I've played.

bagelprincess777
10-03-16, 05:40 PM
I always delete parts that start to get out of control. Like when I have 18 bubble wraps and only 2 of the others.

I don't understand the people that sell large quantities of anything. Especially stuff like hats and bats. There is a 65 hat one that keeps showing up today. Does anyone ever even have 65 available slots? Not to mention I would never even buy 1 hat let alone 65. I guess I don't understand people needing money since I just hit $300,000 the other day.

45 coffees?! I buy coffees all the time but never more than 4 at a time. Geez...I feel sorry for these people since they can't get rid of the order and no one will ever buy it.

PurpleScorpion76
10-11-16, 12:02 PM
I find the City Exchange boring when buying. Selling is great as I make the expensive items to sell and they go quickly. But you can't buy interesting items or items that are ridiculously long to make or to collect i.e. Bricks. I'm fully expanded and could really use bricks to fill up my high rises. It's full of blue caps, baseball bats, hot chocolate or sugar. Please open it up to sell and buy building, upgrading or expansion parts.

Sawabugh
11-27-16, 06:38 PM
I always delete parts that start to get out of control. Like when I have 18 bubble wraps and only 2 of the others.

I don't understand the people that sell large quantities of anything. Especially stuff like hats and bats. There is a 65 hat one that keeps showing up today. Does anyone ever even have 65 available slots? Not to mention I would never even buy 1 hat let alone 65. I guess I don't understand people needing money since I just hit $300,000 the other day.

45 coffees?! I buy coffees all the time but never more than 4 at a time. Geez...I feel sorry for these people since they can't get rid of the order and no one will ever buy it.

Same issue here, only my City Exchange is almost always full of large amounts of Chauffeur caps. I don't understand why people make so many of them?? Waiting 5 minutes to check again and it refreshes with more capssssss! Occasionally some coffee is thrown in but geez the exchange is useless most of the time!

Mika012
11-29-16, 02:32 PM

If no one buys them, I believe storm8 automatically purchases them after 48 hours. So the player still accrues coins.