PDA

View Full Version : Dream City: Help Me I have a Question

Pages : [1] 2

Rynetory2
07-08-16, 08:16 PM
You can ask general game play questions on this thread. :)

me2nyy
07-08-16, 10:48 PM
Will we be able to visit the community on this game?

07-09-16, 03:36 AM
How do I move roads? I can edit the location of all my buildings, but for some reason can't figure out how to move the roads. Thanks!

Rynetory2
07-09-16, 05:22 AM
How do I move roads? I can edit the location of all my buildings, but for some reason can't figure out how to move the roads. Thanks!

Click on the cash register, click on the road icon and click on any grid to toggle between land and road. Make sure the land is empty before you do the toggling. You can change roads back to land and vice versa any time.

alexsjusa
07-09-16, 10:28 AM
What's the trick to being able to place more houses so I can get more residents to level up? I'm out of space at level 9

me2nyy
07-09-16, 11:11 AM
Will someone please answer. Will we be able to have neighbors on this game and visit other cities?

zaccy678
07-09-16, 12:03 PM
What's the trick to being able to place more houses so I can get more residents to level up? I'm out of space at level 9

I'm out of space and I never have enough money to buy houses... Getting boring

monstertop
07-09-16, 12:14 PM
What happens if your mastered buildings aren't connected to roads? I see the red popup that says I need to connect them to roads but what impact does this have?

ginourmous
07-09-16, 12:20 PM
Are we supposed to put the same business multiple times? I am level 9 and running out of buildings that need orders to fill. If i put more houses i will be out of space fast and i am surely not making enough money to buy the eog park and build it. Getting bored fast and I don't want to have 2 of the same businesses in my city!!!!

saucysammis
07-09-16, 01:14 PM
Are we supposed to put the same business multiple times? I am level 9 and running out of buildings that need orders to fill. If i put more houses i will be out of space fast and i am surely not making enough money to buy the eog park and build it. Getting bored fast and I don't want to have 2 of the same businesses in my city!!!!

I'm putting duplicate businesses on until I can replace them with new business because they do generate income. Also: at my low level 8 most generate 10 coins per day but 2 of them generate 20 coins per day so for now I want to pick the higher yield...I noticed that the higher level I am the same business will have orders of higher level/unlocked products. More income for those.

I'm trying to figure out a road layout that gives optimum space for buildings. Any ideas from people who have played the city games?

deekathleen
07-09-16, 01:38 PM
How do I tell what level I'm on?

ginourmous
07-09-16, 05:07 PM
Your level is the level of your city hall. You can see the number on the little city hall icon on the left of the yellow star or by clicking on your city hall building.

insomniadreams88
07-09-16, 06:28 PM
Is there a way to earn gems?

ginourmous
07-09-16, 06:56 PM
If there is one, I haven't found one yet. I wish there was since i could use some gems too!

belarica
07-09-16, 06:57 PM

I originally wasn't getting duplicates but I realized you get s permit every time you master a business. So use up your permits, you can always store up duplicates later on :)

belarica
07-09-16, 07:50 PM

Today I got a building, Regal Cinemas, that says " Coming soon! Watch videos to earn awesome prizes!"

I assume this might be a way to earn some gems

lanster123
07-09-16, 09:18 PM
I got a brownstone today and it has a green plus size above it to "add houses" I cannot figure out how to add one. Any tips?

Drie918
07-09-16, 09:40 PM
Tap on the first green plus then tap on a house, it moves the occupants into the brownstone 👍

judyvines
07-09-16, 09:56 PM
You need five scissors to repair the mayor's mansion. So far, I haven't seen any scissors drop from anywhere. Is there some other place to look, or do they just drop randomly like all the other upgrade tools? Thanks.

Drie918
07-09-16, 10:36 PM
They are a random drop like the other tools, it takes twelve hours to build it once you have them

twospoons
07-09-16, 10:50 PM
Is the name of my city Chesterfield? That's what all of those "expand to" points of interest say. How can I name my city something else?

judyvines
07-09-16, 10:54 PM
They are a random drop like the other tools, it takes twelve hours to build it once you have them

Thank you.

twospoons
07-09-16, 11:39 PM
Is the name of my city Chesterfield? That's what all of those "expand to" points of interest say. How can I name my city something else?

Never mind! I just expanded to the mayor's mansion and got the story. And hey, a mystery!

tombero
07-09-16, 11:41 PM
Are spanners to build the oven a random drop or can we craft them somewhere?

Drie918
07-09-16, 11:57 PM
I'm putting duplicate businesses on until I can replace them with new business because they do generate income. Also: at my low level 8 most generate 10 coins per day but 2 of them generate 20 coins per day so for now I want to pick the higher yield...I noticed that the higher level I am the same business will have orders of higher level/unlocked products. More income for those.

I'm trying to figure out a road layout that gives optimum space for buildings. Any ideas from people who have played the city games?

The businesses that give 20 coins take up two spaces so it evens out. If you are short on space you can arrange the two space ones to fill gaps that may not touch the road on both squares. Also, the town centre building doesn't need to touch the road at all so you can place it in the middle with buildings surrounding it 🙂

Drie918
07-10-16, 12:02 AM
Are spanners to build the oven a random drop or can we craft them somewhere?

They come from the Tradecraft Factory.
5 minutes crafting time / 10 cargo

07-10-16, 12:05 AM
I have no more new buildings to master but I need much more money to purchase swimming pool &other. Do I have to buy buildings I have already mastered again? Or just wait some time and gather the reward?

tombero
07-10-16, 02:17 AM
They come from the Tradecraft Factory.
5 minutes crafting time / 10 cargo

Thanks, that's great

karengar
07-10-16, 03:22 AM
How do you add houses to the brownstone building?

Also if you're having issue with roads and space I've noticed that the factories do NOT require a road if that helps.

DrP4ever
07-10-16, 04:12 AM

Also if you're having issue with roads and space I've noticed that the factories do NOT require a road if that helps.

You click on the plus sign to add to your brownstone which frees up space. You need bricks, that are random drops to add more than 2 houses.

DrP4ever
07-10-16, 04:14 AM
I can't expand my property because I'm missing tools and the one I need never drops. What's the trick on drops? Also need to enlarge my storage space but never get the bandage roll or whatever it is that is needed. Without a way to get drops or improved drops I'm guessing that most of us will have to quit. I'm not willing to spend that much $$ to play.

DrP4ever
07-10-16, 04:23 AM
I have no more new buildings to master but I need much more money to purchase swimming pool &other. Do I have to buy buildings I have already mastered again? Or just wait some time and gather the reward?

Since you need money and special drops you have to buy another store of the same type. It is harder to master the second time but at least it gives you something to do. Hope some changes happen to the game, seems good but still lots need fixing.

Rynetory2
07-10-16, 05:15 AM
Will we be able to visit the community on this game?

This game is relatively new so no one knows yet whether we will be able to. I'm sure there will be more features being added gradually. Keep playing and see what comes next.

Rynetory2
07-10-16, 05:17 AM

I bought more of the expensive buildings like post office and fire station to yeid higher population but take up lesser space. The houses are way much cheaper but eventually they may not work due to space limit. So you may want to consider buying those special buildings.

Rynetory2
07-10-16, 05:19 AM
What happens if your mastered buildings aren't connected to roads? I see the red popup that says I need to connect them to roads but what impact does this have?

All buildiings (population or business buildings) need to be accessible by roads otherwise you will lose the revenue, mastery stars or population points. The only buildings that dont need road are the factories.

Rynetory2
07-10-16, 05:21 AM

I got a gem drop from the mystery box for completing the mastery of the business buildings. It's the first time I got a gem after completing many buildings. :)

triiicia
07-10-16, 06:51 AM
What happens if I don't finish boardwalk goals before time runs out? Does it load another list for me to complete or do I lose access to the boardwalk altogether? 😔

Rynetory2
07-10-16, 06:55 AM
What happens if I don't finish boardwalk goals before time runs out? Does it load another list for me to complete or do I lose access to the boardwalk altogether? ��

No you won't lose this feature. It will leave and you don't get the rewards. You'll have to wait for it to leave and return with new orders.

insomniadreams88
07-10-16, 07:31 AM
What's the highest number of tickets you've gotten from a Boardwalk order balloon?

scottdana818
07-10-16, 09:00 AM
How do the brownstones work? I bought one, and there is a little green plus sign over it, but I don't know what I'm supposed to do with it.

triiicia
07-10-16, 09:05 AM
No you won't lose this feature. It will leave and you don't get the rewards. You'll have to wait for it to leave and return with new orders.

Thanks so much! I was worried about this since I won't have access to the game while I'm at work. Thank you for the reply!

belarica
07-10-16, 12:28 PM
What's the highest number of tickets you've gotten from a Boardwalk order balloon?

3 was my highest so far.

07-10-16, 12:57 PM
Click on the cash register, click on the road icon and click on any grid to toggle between land and road. Make sure the land is empty before you do the toggling. You can change roads back to land and vice versa any time.

Thank you!! This made total sense and everything became easier after that. Don't know why I hadn't thought of just clicking on the road while in that mode. Lol

LadyEna
07-10-16, 01:25 PM
Right now I have room for one more business or home.
Nowhere near what I need to level up to Level 9 City Hall.
With what I have the road map is all I can do at time.
Like mentioned elsewhere I have to have the homes
and businesses touching road for credit of master business points or
Population.

Need some help to advance.
I can now expand to the Mayor's Manor. And if I get one more
part I can expand another section.

Questions are:
Does the Mayor's Manor have roads attached to it?
Can you add homes and businesses to it?
Or should I wait for other part?

Holodoc
07-10-16, 02:11 PM
When is this (http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?92778-No-more-money-from-pedestrians&p=1319242#post1319242)issue going to be solved?
I'm at level 9, have all the stars and inhabitants needed and can't upgrade because of the lack of money.
All shops are leveled to max. and I am out of money now.

Forthermore I wonder how rynetory2 managed to build the costly fire station and post office. I was never near to 2000 cash.

twospoons
07-10-16, 02:18 PM

Thank you! I just rearranged roads to get a couple more spaces in my business district, but that will help even more.

belarica
07-10-16, 02:57 PM
When is this (http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?92778-No-more-money-from-pedestrians&p=1319242#post1319242)issue going to be solved?
I'm at level 9, have all the stars and inhabitants needed and can't upgrade because of the lack of money.

Forthermore I wonder how rynetory2 managed to build the costly fire station and post office. I was never near to 2000 cash.

I have the firehouse, post office and dog park. Have you used all your permits? You get more permits for maxing businesses, so the only thing you do by saving them is keeping yourself from making money :) put some maxed businesses in storage if you have no room for new ones.

monstertop
07-10-16, 03:43 PM
I have the firehouse, post office and dog park. Have you used all your permits? You get more permits for maxing businesses, so the only thing you do by saving them is keeping yourself from making money :) put some maxed businesses in storage if you have no room for new ones.

So you store your maxed businesses and open new ones to max again to earn more money? Is this how you're supposed to earn money? Because I seem to be not able to save enough for the firehouse or the dog park...

izzyiza
07-10-16, 04:11 PM
So you store your maxed businesses and open new ones to max again to earn more money? Is this how you're supposed to earn money? Because I seem to be not able to save enough for the firehouse or the dog park...

I am the same situation as I needed the money to level up, buy houses, upgrades, etc. So I am nowhere need buying the dog park, the fire station. Etc. And since pedestrians have not given coins and materials all day, that's not helping us get money.

eicyarg
07-10-16, 05:43 PM
You can add 4 existing houses to the brownstone. It helps on saving space. Looks like malls will do the same for the stores.

insomniadreams88
07-10-16, 06:08 PM
Which expansion is the Chesterfield Wheel part of?

belarica
07-10-16, 06:16 PM

I haven't had to actually store any to open more yet, but when it comes to that I will.

DrP4ever
07-10-16, 08:19 PM
I have bought 2 and now can't find any more to purchase. How do
I find them? When I was offered the third one I didn't have the coins, now I have
The coins but can't find them. HelP!

Oh found it! There's a tab that looks like a taller tower and they're under there.

eastie41
07-11-16, 12:49 AM
Hi!

I've bought and mastered all the unlocked businesses, for level 10. I can't upgrade city hall to level 11 because there is no way for me to earn more mystery stars. I do have enough population to increase to level 11. I'm stuck. I don't think I've missed buying any unlocked businesses. What do I do? Thanks

DrP4ever
07-11-16, 02:47 AM
Hi!

I've bought and mastered all the unlocked businesses, for level 10. I can't upgrade city hall to level 11 because there is no way for me to earn more mystery stars. I do have enough population to increase to level 11. I'm stuck. I don't think I've missed buying any unlocked businesses. What do I do? Thanks

Buy another business, like a second coffee shop, pizza place etc. You then make that building a 5 star and ear experience, cash, people visit etc

DrP4ever
07-11-16, 02:49 AM

You buy a second business of same type...another coffee shop, another pizza place etc and then get those to 5 stars. I still don't have the fire station but have had coins to do other things such as level up. My problem is no parts to expand with.

eastie41
07-11-16, 03:11 AM
Buy another business, like a second coffee shop, pizza place etc. You then make that building a 5 star and ear experience, cash, people visit etc

THanks for the tip. :cool:

storiadelcastello
07-11-16, 04:01 AM
I've noticed that theamount of gems required for expansion missing items keeps changing was 20 gems then went to 100 then back to 20 and now back to 20. What's with that? (Haven't gained or used any items still need the same missing two items)

DrP4ever
07-11-16, 05:07 AM
I've noticed that theamount of gems required for expansion missing items keeps changing was 20 gems then went to 100 then back to 20 and now back to 20. What's with that? (Haven't gained or used any items still need the same missing two items)

If you don't have enough coins the cost goes up I've found.

Rynetory2
07-11-16, 06:23 AM
Questions are:
Does the Mayor's Manor have roads attached to it?
Can you add homes and businesses to it?
Or should I wait for other part?

The Mayor's Manor is just a building of 48 population and needs a road to it. Nope, you cant add anything to it. It is very useful to boost your population on a 2 x 2 size. You can move it around after expanson.

I repeated all of the shops many times (at least twice each and some to 4 times) to get more coins and parts rewards for mastering the shops. Some orders drop parts randomly plus coins. Those parts drop help in my expansions and upgrades. I dont just stop once I'm done with mastery and I hardly depend on the citizens. I have gotten some family parks, a public pool, post office, dog park and firehouse. The police station is my next target.

Yes I do that as mentioned above. My citizens are staying indoors so I rely on parts drop from random orders and mastering the shops. You wont run out of permits so dont be afraid to use them all.

Rynetory2
07-11-16, 06:29 AM
You can add 4 existing houses to the brownstone. It helps on saving space. Looks like malls will do the same for the stores.

FYI, it only comes with 2 house slots. You need a brick to open the 3rd and 4th slot each. It's useful only if you have good supply of bricks otherwise you are paying extra for the container. As for size, without slot expansion, 2 houses is the same size as that of the container.

Which expansion is the Chesterfield Wheel part of?
It is part of the 3rd expansion sign if you count southwards from the railroad.

zyfazix
07-11-16, 09:00 AM
FYI, it only comes with 2 house slots. You need a brick to open the 3rd and 4th slot each. It's useful only if you have good supply of bricks otherwise you are paying extra for the container. As for size, without slot expansion, 2 houses is the same size as that of the container.

On my 3rd Brownstone I was also asked to use hammers to upgrade it. Those were dropped the same way as other items.

I've noticed that the amount of gems required for expansion missing items keeps changing was 20 gems then went to 100 then back to 20 and now back to 20. What's with that? (Haven't gained or used any items still need the same missing two items)

It could be because of a change in the amount of coins you have.

bakealot003
07-11-16, 09:37 PM
Which building/factory do I need to make yellow thread or cotton - needed for the jeans? :)

belarica
07-11-16, 09:39 PM
Which building/factory do I need to make yellow thread or cotton - needed for the jeans? :)

Tradecraft factory

bakealot003
07-11-16, 09:55 PM
Tradecraft factory

Ah ok thank you :)

DrP4ever
07-12-16, 02:08 AM

I've found if I don't have that part or building yet if you hold down on the item a couple seconds it will direct you to where to find it at.

bakealot003
07-12-16, 02:41 AM
I've found if I don't have that part or building yet if you hold down on the item a couple seconds it will direct you to where to find it at.

Thanks for that tip I hadn't seen that - very helpful :) I felt like I was searching for the old needle LOL

bakealot003
07-12-16, 02:45 AM
I just unlocked the expansion area with the Chesterfield Wheel which I now find is locked and has a 22 hour timer on it :eek: - the 5 x cotton candy says that they sometimes drop from Mystery boxes ..... and I will also need 1500 coins --- eek! what happens if I don't get the coins & cotton candy in time will I get any other chances to open it? I only have a few hundred coins atm so a bit worried about the coins and chance appearance of the cotton candy.

Any wheel experiences to report? :)

Rynetory2
07-12-16, 03:36 AM
I just unlocked the expansion area with the Chesterfield Wheel which I now find is locked and has a 22 hour timer on it :eek: - the 5 x cotton candy says that they sometimes drop from Mystery boxes ..... and I will also need 1500 coins --- eek! what happens if I don't get the coins & cotton candy in time will I get any other chances to open it? I only have a few hundred coins atm so a bit worried about the coins and chance appearance of the cotton candy.

If you look at the screen again, the 22 hours is the repair time. There's no time limit on it. You can take your time to save coins and collect the 5 cotton candy needed.

To add: yes the cotton candy does drop from mystery boxes. You can move it after you have repaired it.

bakealot003
07-12-16, 04:00 AM
Aha brilliant thks so much...and phew lol @ me

eastie41
07-12-16, 05:30 AM

HI, I want to expand there too. WHich expansion slot is it ? The wheel is in between two expansion slots. Is it the slot below or above the wheel? thanks!

zyfazix
07-12-16, 05:52 AM

I unlocked the plot with the wheel a couple of days ago. There is no time limit to collect the pieces and coins to restore it and you can move it around. It took me two or three days to get the cotton candy

HI, I want to expand there too. Which expansion slot is it ? The wheel is in between two expansion slots. Is it the slot below or above the wheel? thanks!

It's the sign that is closest to the wheel (below)
I also believe that the one with the wheel on it has lower level and item requirements but I am not entirely sure about that.

Rynetory2
07-12-16, 07:28 AM
HI, I want to expand there too. WHich expansion slot is it ? The wheel is in between two expansion slots. Is it the slot below or above the wheel? thanks!

It's the 3rd plot from the railway tracks. It's the plot below the wheel.

gracelinda
07-12-16, 07:38 AM
When selling an item, what does promote mean? Does it costs money to promote? Is there a limit to how many items you promote? What happens to the item if you do not promote it?

belarica
07-12-16, 09:51 AM
When selling an item, what does promote mean? Does it costs money to promote? Is there a limit to how many items you promote? What happens to the item if you do not promote it?

Not promoted items take way longer to sell. I think promoting puts it on other peoples markets right away, and not promoted items go in a queue to get on pages

captmiddy
07-12-16, 06:39 PM
A couple things:
Upgrading to level 11 says it will unlock the Teddy Bear Depot but I can't find it in my list of shops. Is there something wrong with this item?

Second:
For people considering Brownstones, they have an additional advantage even when you don't have bricks. Placing one on your city squares allows you to only have 1 square up against a road where as the houses would have required two road squares. If you plan it out right you save a lot of building space by adjusting how your roads work around these double sized buildings. Or even for the really large buildings, for instance my mansion only has one square exposed to a road.

DrP4ever
07-12-16, 06:45 PM
Agree with the brownstones and other 2 space items, you can use them to your advantage with the roads. Haven't tried to open the teddy bear yet so no help there. I need parts and am stuck.

infinitelove19
07-13-16, 01:38 AM

So this is why I came here, to get some ideas. Thankfully, I saw a post saying that factories (any building which makes stuff) DON'T NEED ROADS!!! The secret to maximizing your space!

Besides factories and city hall, every building must have road access that connects to the train station.
The best strategy is to line your factories up along the rails, except for the crossing where you need a road. To do this, you must remove the original road which runs the length of the rails. Plus leave an additional green space between factories and your road for houses or whatever.
Your main road will come out perpendicular to the rails at the crossing. Then you can arrange 'blocks' 2 deep and however many you want wide, and organize areas however you like. Also best to have buildings around the perimeter (edge) and roads in between. Leave as many buildings out of storage to maximize your population and mastery stars.

A good way to earn coins is to sell high priced items in your 'City Exchange.'. You can sell some items for much more than you would get otherwise. Also, always keep one store of each type (dining, shopping and building) on the go. I keep my active ones in one place, near my factories, then move the 5-stars off to the edges.

Life in Dream City moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it. ~ Ferris Bueller

Likeangelique
07-13-16, 06:19 PM
It takes away from your star level...negative impact..

infinitelove19
07-13-16, 11:45 PM
It takes away from your star level...negative impact..

What does?

catlicja
07-14-16, 01:09 AM
So this is why I came here, to get some ideas. Thankfully, I saw a post saying that factories (any building which makes stuff) DON'T NEED ROADS!!! The secret to maximizing your space!

Besides factories and city hall, every building must have road access that connects to the train station.
The best strategy is to line your factories up along the rails, except for the crossing where you need a road. To do this, you must remove the original road which runs the length of the rails. Plus leave an additional green space between factories and your road for houses or whatever.
Your main road will come out perpendicular to the rails at the crossing. Then you can arrange 'blocks' 2 deep and however many you want wide, and organize areas however you like. Also best to have buildings around the perimeter (edge) and roads in between. Leave as many buildings out of storage to maximize your population and mastery stars.

A good way to earn coins is to sell high priced items in your 'City Exchange.'. You can sell some items for much more than you would get otherwise. Also, always keep one store of each type (dining, shopping and building) on the go. I keep my active ones in one place, near my factories, then move the 5-stars off to the edges.

Life in Dream City moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it. ~ Ferris Bueller

Thanks for excellent tips! I'm in the process of rearranging my city and thank you, it really helps.
I've managed to have 2 departament stores and brownstones, which free so much space. I'm surprise that landmark also needs access to road, it sucks :/ I don't really like my city yet, but it will get better :)

infinitelove19
07-14-16, 07:56 PM
Thanks for excellent tips! I'm in the process of rearranging my city and thank you, it really helps.
I've managed to have 2 departament stores and brownstones, which free so much space. I'm surprise that landmark also needs access to road, it sucks :/ I don't really like my city yet, but it will get better :)

Glad you found my tips useful. :-)
I find as I expand it opens up the right amount of space along the tracks to place all my factories, which is nice. And I put them in order so I'm not bouncing ll around if I use the scroll feature.
I also made a central square (less central, more across from the boardwalk, furthest from the train station) with the city hall in the middle and grass two deep all the way around. This way, I could place brownstones and any 1x2 or 2x2 buildings so they are touching the city hall on one side and the road on the other, and on each corner I placed a few singles (1x1) houses or businesses or whatnot. Took a lot of moving stuff around, but it was worth it!

Anybody have good tips for maximizing population? My population seems to lag behind my mastery stars. Not enough coins to buy enough houses, brownstones, etc. I think my main issue is largely one of cashflow.

twospoons
07-14-16, 08:24 PM
What is the timing situation on the dock deliveries? I did one, and then when I left for work this morning I had a couple hours on the timer before the next possible one. Now I just got home, and when I opened the game, the timer started at 8 hours again. I kind of thought it would be like FS2 trains, where you have to wait a certain number of hours after you finish a delivery, but after you made it through the waiting period, you could choose when to start the next delivery.

hongtsairen
07-14-16, 08:28 PM
Will someone please answer. Will we be able to have neighbors on this game and visit other cities?

i dont think you will have neighbors and visit other cities in this game...

hongtsairen
07-14-16, 08:32 PM
help!!!! how do i place houses inside the brownstone!!!!!!!...

me too! and i accidentally bought 3 brownstones.. you cant even put in your storage like the other houses

if you connect to facebook, you are able to earn gems but thats it at the moment. hope this helps!

Rynetory2
07-14-16, 08:35 PM
help!!!! how do i place houses inside the brownstone!!!!!!!...

me too! and i accidentally bought 3 brownstones.. you cant even put in your storage like the other houses

Sorry, I learnt by mistake too, all high rises can't be stored. Please see Highrises (http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?92829-Dream-City-Buildings-and-Crafts-Guide&p=1320631&viewfull=1#post1320631) in Buildings Guide on how to add houses.

hongtsairen
07-14-16, 08:43 PM
thank you!!!!!!!!

i was able to add houses inside the brownstone, you have to click the brownstone then choose the houses that you wanna put inside the bldg.!

Coldwater27
07-15-16, 07:25 AM
How do you add business to the malls?

Rynetory2
07-15-16, 07:40 AM
How do you add business to the malls?

Please see this.

Sorry, I learnt by mistake too, all high rises can't be stored. Please see Highrises (http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?92829-Dream-City-Buildings-and-Crafts-Guide&p=1320631&viewfull=1#post1320631) in Buildings Guide on how to add houses.

judyvines
07-15-16, 02:01 PM
So far, I have collected 6 hardhats, but I haven't found any use for them yet. Can someone tell me what they are used for? Thanks.

belarica
07-15-16, 02:14 PM
So far, I have collected 6 hardhats, but I haven't found any use for them yet. Can someone tell me what they are used for? Thanks.

They're used for adding slots in commercial high rises (department buildings)

judyvines
07-15-16, 02:54 PM
They're used for adding slots in commercial high rises (department buildings)

Thank you. I guess a commercial high rise will be next on my list to buy.

jptheripper
07-16-16, 12:06 PM
Where is the paraglider perch? I just got a sail to repair it, but can't find it anywhere

SpiritWind00
07-16-16, 05:12 PM
Where is the paraglider perch? I just got a sail to repair it, but can't find it anywhere
It's on the cliffs below the wharf. ;)

samillian
07-17-16, 03:38 AM
Can anyone tell me where I might make what looks like a baseball bat...it has turned up in the boardwalk

zyfazix
07-17-16, 04:36 AM
Can anyone tell me where I might make what looks like a baseball bat...it has turned up in the boardwalk

In the Ballpark factory, one of the factories in the Entertainment category. Requires 20 goods and takes 18 minutes to craft.

Rynetory2
07-17-16, 04:57 AM

Just to add, for future reference, go to the List of Crafts (http://forums.storm8.com./showthread.php?92829-Dream-City-Buildings-and-Crafts-Guide&p=1320622&viewfull=1#post1320622) and look at the pictures and click on the link to get to the factory that makes it.

DrP4ever
07-18-16, 02:02 AM

If you hold down on the item needed the game takes you to the building you need, either to make it, or to craft the building.

DrP4ever
07-18-16, 02:03 AM

They open spots in apartment/condo places and malls to help save space by storing business or houses inside.

beatnikcrab
07-18-16, 03:52 PM
Since lvl 9 or so I've been having really bad problems with unbalanced item drops. For example, I have 6 sledgehammers, but no bricks or hard hats to expand highrises. 16 duct tapes, 12 crates, but no bubble wrap to expand storage. Since I have no bubble wrap I can't expand my storage, nor can I afford to keep storing the insane surplus of some of the other drop items I have stockpiled. I can't find a way to either sell drop items or throw away partial quantities. Is there some way to get rid of my excess that I've overlooked? Throwing an item away seems to be an all or nothing deal. I don't want to toss ALL of my sledgehammers, but I'm down to less than 5 storage slots available, so I'm unable to even collect items to fill one 5-item store order at a time. I've already used gems to buy materials to finish storage expansions before, and I don't have enough gems to do it again. This seems to be a major stumbling block for this game. Does anybody know of a solution to this debacle?? Please halp!

samillian
07-18-16, 04:16 PM
In factories it cost 6 gems to open the third slot. Is this permanent or does it cost you every time thanks

beatnikcrab
07-18-16, 04:35 PM
In factories it cost 6 gems to open the third slot. Is this permanent or does it cost you every time thanks

I opened a third slot in one factory for 6 gems. A fourth slot costs 9 gems. Once you unlock additional slots they are permanent. You do not pay each time you use them.

samillian
07-18-16, 05:02 PM
Than you...I think I'll open one for wrenches...with the amount of stoves I need

TeabytheSea3
07-18-16, 05:56 PM
How do you delete items from your inventory? When I open my inventory up, I see all of the items, but there is no "X" next to them in order to delete them. Sorry, I know this is a dumb question.

kooky panda
07-18-16, 06:22 PM
How do you delete items from your inventory? When I open my inventory up, I see all of the items, but there is no "X" next to them in order to delete them. Sorry, I know this is a dumb question.
Once your inventory is around 90% full, you see the red x's and have the option to delete items.

jbigby
07-18-16, 06:36 PM
How do I go into edit mode and switch buildings around...I normally put stuff in storage in order to get edit mode there must be an easier way

beatnikcrab
07-18-16, 06:41 PM
How do I go into edit mode and switch buildings around...I normally put stuff in storage in order to get edit mode there must be an easier way

Rather than quick tapping on a building hold down on it for a couple seconds. That will open edit mode.

TeabytheSea3
07-18-16, 06:57 PM
Thank you, Kooky. :)

jbigby
07-18-16, 07:39 PM
Rather than quick tapping on a building hold down on it for a couple seconds. That will open edit mode.

Wow thAnks so much

Beecause
07-19-16, 01:56 PM
We don't get revenue from the mastered businesses that are put into the Commercial Highrises?

meme1098
07-19-16, 02:12 PM
We don't get revenue from the mastered businesses that are put into the Commercial Highrises?

I hope this isn't true cause I just bought the Department Store so I could consolidate businesses in it.
The Brownstones & Condos still count the citizens so hopefully the businesses revenue will also count.

kooky panda
07-19-16, 02:32 PM
We should be because I have stored a lot of mine in the highrises and my star count is still the same. I only lose stars when I store a building in my inventory.

Beecause
07-19-16, 02:40 PM
I have 33 businesses in these commercial highrises.
So I hope we get coin credit but I only see star credit tagged with these buildings and when I collect from city hall, I don't see anything
coming from them up into my bank at the top left of screen.

I have "Citypalooza" event happening now

When i view my City Hall it says
"coins symbol" +21 in x amount of time.
1,000 coins from 72 Mastered Businesses.

alexsjusa
07-19-16, 04:01 PM
Sigh....why are saws so hard to come by? I wish we could buy those in the market because my storage is low and I keep filling up on the other parts to expand. I have enough for 3 expansions but no saws! This is a bit ridiculous! Another ploy to get us to buy gems?

Rynetory2
07-19-16, 07:58 PM

We get revenue from all businesses placed on land and highrises. The only ones that aren't counted for revenue are those in storages.
However the mastery stars from those businesses in storage count when you need to unlock factories and crafts.

Rynetory2
07-19-16, 08:13 PM
A couple things:
Upgrading to level 11 says it will unlock the Teddy Bear Depot but I can't find it in my list of shops. Is there something wrong with this item?

This should be fixed in the next version. :)

gdmcrjunkie
07-20-16, 07:24 AM
I looked through the game guide but couldn't find much detail about sledgehammers. When are they used? I have 12 of them taking up precious inventory space...

Rynetory2
07-20-16, 07:30 AM
They are used for adding slots for highrises. See Highrises (http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?92829-Dream-City-Buildings-and-Crafts-Guide&p=1320631&viewfull=1#post1320631) in Buildings and Crafts Guide.

gdmcrjunkie
07-20-16, 09:32 AM
Ah, then I'll get to use them soon. Thanks!

beatnikcrab
07-20-16, 09:56 PM
Anybody know what triggers the random citizens to give you money? I don't mean the ones who pop up after you fill an order at a store, or after you build something, or when you complete the boardwalk orders. I mean the ones that randomly pop up along the streets. I get them popping up two at a time for about an hour or so, and then they suddenly just stop. Crickets for HOURS. What triggers them? It doesn't seem to correlate with anything.

adreamer711
07-21-16, 06:23 AM
I like selling things in the market to reduce storage clutter while I wait for that elusive box or packing tape. You might not get much, but it'll hold off overcrowding for a bit.

UnkelFester
07-21-16, 06:57 AM
Anybody know what triggers the random citizens to give you money? I don't mean the ones who pop up after you fill an order at a store, or after you build something, or when you complete the boardwalk orders. I mean the ones that randomly pop up along the streets. I get them popping up two at a time for about an hour or so, and then they suddenly just stop. Crickets for HOURS. What triggers them? It doesn't seem to correlate with anything.

Yes I'm wondering exactly the same thing. They just seem to appear at random for a hour or so then stop appearing. I can't see any rhyme or reason for them appearing or not.

Is this S8's way of telling you to log out of the game for a while and get on with real life? Those peeps are quite generous with dishing out parts for expansions!

Airriona91
07-21-16, 09:42 AM
Yes I'm wondering exactly the same thing. They just seem to appear at random for a hour or so then stop appearing. I can't see any rhyme or reason for them appearing or not.

Is this S8's way of telling you to log out of the game for a while and get on with real life? Those peeps are quite generous with dishing out parts for expansions!

Hoping it's fixed soon. For the last 4 hours I haven't been getting any money from citizens.

kooky panda
07-21-16, 10:48 AM
Hoping it's fixed soon. For the last 4 hours I haven't been getting any money from citizens.

I find that when my Citizens are not dropping items, if I force close and restart my device, it seems to help.

Cinderview
07-21-16, 03:12 PM

If you don't connect to roads you will not get stars, which you need to upgrade. If houses aren't connected, you don't get credit for people, again, which you need to upgrade. When you connect to a road you will the twinkling of "stars" stream up to the top and your stars and people will be increased. Took me a while to figure this out!

Blazin_Betty
07-21-16, 03:38 PM
I expanded to the Gardens a few days ago. Still no watering cans to repair it! How do I get watering cans?

bss0226
07-21-16, 03:50 PM
I find that when my Citizens are not dropping items, if I force close and restart my device, it seems to help.

Does not help me. I find my citizens don't have coin symbols during the day. They might start with symbols after 9 pm or so Eastern USA time. It goes back n fits and spurts after that. May even continue into the wee hours of the morning (3 am or so).

I do force quit the game often. In fact the game reloads automatically if I leave the game and go to another internet connected app ( Safari, Farm Story 2, etc)

kooky panda
07-21-16, 06:20 PM
I expanded to the Gardens a few days ago. Still no watering cans to repair it! How do I get watering cans?
The watering can take a while to obtain. I think it took me 4-5 days to get all the cans.

Lize07
07-21-16, 07:17 PM
How can I remove the Regal cinema building? I do not know what I did to get it, but I want it gone. Please! I can't store it. It takes up a lot of space, when removed I will be able to place 3 factories.

beatnikcrab
07-22-16, 12:52 AM
The watering can take a while to obtain. I think it took me 4-5 days to get all the cans.

I think I got mine all in one day, but then again I spent obscene amounts of time playing that day. I think I got them exclusively from Mystery Boxes..? It took me a few days to collect the parachutes or whatever and cotton candy for the Paraglider Perch and Ferris Wheel, tho, so it must be luck of the draw.

SallyCat60
07-22-16, 03:30 AM
I just repaired the mayors mansion and when I click on it there's a quote. Is this a clue what to do next or can someone tell me how does the mansion work? Do we need to keep talking to citizens?

Chaotarch
07-22-16, 06:38 AM
I just repaired the mayors mansion and when I click on it there's a quote. Is this a clue what to do next or can someone tell me how does the mansion work? Do we need to keep talking to citizens?

you have to repair all Chestervilles and than the Lighthouse to get the Chesterville-Statue

Rynetory2
07-22-16, 07:11 AM
How can I remove the Regal cinema building? I do not know what I did to get it, but I want it gone. Please! I can't store it. It takes up a lot of space, when removed I will be able to place 3 factories.

Sorry this cant be stored since it's a game feature. It supports 24 population and occupies 6 squares so it's equivalent to 6 houses.

Rynetory2
07-22-16, 07:12 AM
I think I got mine all in one day, but then again I spent obscene amounts of time playing that day. I think I got them exclusively from Mystery Boxes..? It took me a few days to collect the parachutes or whatever and cotton candy for the Paraglider Perch and Ferris Wheel, tho, so it must be luck of the draw.

Yap, these special parts are random drops so it can take up to several days to get them as Kooky mentioned. Congrats on getting yours. :)

Rynetory2
07-22-16, 07:14 AM

The Mayor's Mansion is part of the game goal - it's building that gives population. You need not do anything to/for it once it's repaired. Tap on your citizens to get coins and sometimes a random drop of part.

Beecause
07-22-16, 12:29 PM
We get revenue from all businesses placed on land and highrises. The only ones that aren't counted for revenue are those in storages.
However the mastery stars from those businesses in storage count when you need to unlock factories and crafts.

Thanks for the information rynetory2 :)

StefaninaFla
07-22-16, 06:45 PM
Possibly a silly question, but I haven't found the answer. Do businesses in department stores generate coins?

monstertop
07-22-16, 09:24 PM
Possibly a silly question, but I haven't found the answer. Do businesses in department stores generate coins?

Yes they do because you can only store mastered businesses into them. They're basically containers. Nothing more. They don't take away any profit.

SallyCat60
07-22-16, 10:58 PM
you have to repair all Chestervilles and than the Lighthouse to get the Chesterville-Statue

Thanks! That's going to take quite some time, lol.

SallyCat60
07-22-16, 11:00 PM
The Mayor's Mansion is part of the game goal - it's building that gives population. You need not do anything to/for it once it's repaired. Tap on your citizens to get coins and sometimes a random drop of part.

Thanks!

bexiboo2
07-23-16, 07:53 AM
I'm only up to level 13 at the moment and through the levels we meet different townsfolk, eg fire and police. Do we at any time meet a traffic warden??

I only ask because I fear for the safety of the pedestrians and drivers in my town! They really do need to learn about road safety, I'm sure the insurance premium must be sky high!

meme1098
07-23-16, 02:06 PM
I'm only up to level 13 at the moment and through the levels we meet different townsfolk, eg fire and police. Do we at any time meet a traffic warden??

I only ask because I fear for the safety of the pedestrians and drivers in my town! They really do need to learn about road safety, I'm sure the insurance premium must be sky high!
This is funny since just yesterday I noticed a jam up between 4 cars & 1 was a police cruiser...lol.

Mercy1st
07-23-16, 04:40 PM
How many items can be put in inventory? Also will there be any need for the music cottages after Citypalooza? Really like this game and really like the fact that it cost very little to do so much rather than big amounts all on single event

samillian
07-24-16, 12:20 AM
Just finished citypalooza stage event and received a stage as reward...now I have 2 stages.. The second one takes up 4 squares..if I store it I loose my grape thingies...what gives I don't need two stages?...

Rynetory2
07-24-16, 01:04 AM
How many items can be put in inventory? Also will there be any need for the music cottages after Citypalooza? Really like this game and really like the fact that it cost very little to do so much rather than big amounts all on single event

You can store as many items as you like within your inventory capacity. See http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?92773-Dream-City-Game-Guide&p=1318984&viewfull=1#post1318984. The music cottages work like houses to help with your city population. You can store them if you don't need the population.

Rynetory2
07-24-16, 01:06 AM
Just finished citypalooza stage event and received a stage as reward...now I have 2 stages.. The second one takes up 4 squares..if I store it I loose my grape thingies...what gives I don't need two stages?...

Are you saying you have 2 citypalooza stages in your storage? We only get one as a prize. Can you please check your storage again?

samillian
07-24-16, 02:55 AM
I'm sorry if I confused anyone..I placed the stage that I received now I have two stages the original one and the one I received when I finished the task. If I put the one I received into storage do I loose the 32 purple grapes things that enabled me to upgrade my city hall

zyfazix
07-24-16, 04:06 AM
I'm sorry if I confused anyone..I placed the stage that I received now I have two stages the original one and the one I received when I finished the task. If I put the one I received into storage do I loose the 32 purple grapes things that enabled me to upgrade my city hall

(those purple grape things are people)

When such items are in storage they do not add to the population. When you place it back in the city those 32 will be added to the total again

OzFamily
07-24-16, 04:57 AM
I don't see a baseball field... we have a factory that produces bats, but no baseball/softball field? Is it somewhere, and I'm just not seeing it?

FYI- I would love both rec league basic fields and larger stadiums (for all sports, in fact) Thanks!

Rynetory2
07-24-16, 05:30 AM

If this event space works like Farm Story 2's or RS2, then the event stage will be gone after the event and it becomes empty like it was before. The one we get to keep will be the prize stage. Yes you'll lose the population if you keep it in storage as zyfazix mentioned.

Rynetory2
07-24-16, 05:31 AM
I don't see a baseball field... we have a factory that produces bats, but no baseball/softball field? Is it somewhere, and I'm just not seeing it?

FYI- I would love both rec league basic fields and larger stadiums (for all sports, in fact) Thanks!

Nope I dont see them either. This game is still new, who knows the team may decide to add? Make this suggestion in Suggestion forum where it's seen by the team. :)

awesomejujubeans
07-24-16, 11:15 AM
I also can't find Teddy Bear Depot after leveling up. Where is it?

capnkrunch
07-24-16, 04:18 PM
I havent seen any citizens all day. When do they usually appear?

bakealot003
07-25-16, 02:18 AM
I seem to be building up a collection of parachutes ...does anyone know what these are for? :)

samillian
07-25-16, 02:52 AM
I seem to be building up a collection of parachutes ...does anyone know what these are for? :)

They are used for the paraglider perch ..I think you need 5 ...if I remember correctly

bloobellx
07-25-16, 05:20 AM
I was wondering how u get the regal cinema? Does it unlock at a certain level?

Rynetory2
07-25-16, 05:36 AM
I also can't find Teddy Bear Depot after leveling up. Where is it?

It's not in the current version.

This should be fixed in the next version. :)

Rynetory2
07-25-16, 05:38 AM

You need 5 of them to repair the Paraglider Perch. Seems like you are ready. :)
http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?92773-Dream-City-Game-Guide&p=1318992&viewfull=1#post1318992

Rynetory2
07-25-16, 05:39 AM
I was wondering how u get the regal cinema? Does it unlock at a certain level?

We got it via a pop up in game. Do you have it? You may want to check your storage and see if it's there. Please let me know if you cant find it.

bloobellx
07-25-16, 10:55 AM
We got it via a pop up in game. Do you have it? You may want to check your storage and see if it's there. Please let me know if you cant find it.
Yeah I checked my inventory. Didn't get anything.

bloobellx
07-25-16, 10:58 AM
Funny I just reached the citypalooza and got the cinema too! Thanks for the help anyway!

Rynetory2
07-25-16, 05:39 PM
Funny I just reached the citypalooza and got the cinema too! Thanks for the help anyway!

Wow you got double goodies. Glad you got them now. :D Thanks for letting me know.

Mercuriair
07-26-16, 07:55 PM
Enjoyed reading this thread and have made use of some tips thanks. Perhaps as a long term storm8 fan I figured some out already myself like the high rises. Game is fun and enjoying the city palooka event. I've created a 'music zone' with the conservatory, boogaloos, piano and 4 bars cafe, a load of music cottages, pool, spa and climbing wall (cos all rock stars climb yea?
Lol) have fun everyone

stargaze91
07-27-16, 09:36 AM
I have 3 points of interest open for repair currently.. The chesterfield wheel, paraglider perch, and the chesterfield garden..I first opened the plot with the paraglider perch..when I had only 2 parachutes, I unlocked the wheel containing plot..then I had 1 cotton candy drop ..it has been 3 days since I had any parachute drops..I am wondering whether the fact that I have multiple points of interest to be repaired at the same time affects the drop rate of the materials needed..since I have the garden and wheel plots opened more recently than the paraglider perch,will the chutes needed for the perch stop dropping?

kooky panda
07-27-16, 10:19 AM
I have 3 points of interest open for repair currently.. The chesterfield wheel, paraglider perch, and the chesterfield garden..I first opened the plot with the paraglider perch..when I had only 2 parachutes, I unlocked the wheel containing plot..then I had 1 cotton candy drop ..it has been 3 days since I had any parachute drops..I am wondering whether the fact that I have multiple points of interest to be repaired at the same time affects the drop rate of the materials needed..since I have the garden and wheel plots opened more recently than the paraglider perch,will the chutes needed for the perch stop dropping?
It took me almost 2 weeks to get all of my parachutes! These drops for the interest points are pretty rare.

stargaze91
07-27-16, 12:16 PM
It took me almost 2 weeks to get all of my parachutes! These drops for the interest points are pretty rare.

Ty :) I got two chutes today after I posted in the forum;) complaining does work somehow...and I got multiple drops after upgrading lavender spa to 5 stars, yay

kooky panda
07-27-16, 01:54 PM
Ty :) I got two chutes today after I posted in the forum;) complaining does work somehow...and I got multiple drops after upgrading lavender spa to 5 stars, yay
Oh great!

twospoons
07-27-16, 11:02 PM
Is there any way to get gems in this game besides buying them? Because I did buy some with the introductory offer, but if that's the only way to get them, I'll kiss my dreams of an aquarium goodbye.

zyfazix
07-28-16, 01:05 AM
Is there any way to get gems in this game besides buying them? Because I did buy some with the introductory offer, but if that's the only way to get them, I'll kiss my dreams of an aquarium goodbye.

When opening Mystery boxes there's a chance of getting 1. Very rare though, in 20 levels I have earned maybe 9 gems that way

catlicja
07-28-16, 02:38 AM

I got couple of gems from mastering buisnesses

I'm so mad. I expanded and then my game crashed. I lost expansion AND all parts. I reinstalled, still nothing. Ghrrrr
I mailed support maybe they can help...

Rynetory2
07-28-16, 08:48 AM
I got couple of gems from mastering buisnesses

I'm so mad. I expanded and then my game crashed. I lost expansion AND all parts. I reinstalled, still nothing. Ghrrrr
I mailed support maybe they can help...

You did everything you could and also by emailing Support. Please continue to follow up with them on this. Sorry for your loss.

izzyiza
07-28-16, 04:57 PM

Wow! I never received so many drops at once! Today, I received only one or two items dropped when I usually get 10 or so per day :(

GoodyTwoShoes2
07-28-16, 05:08 PM
Sorry, I haven't read this whole line of questions, but I used the storage box to move things around on my Town but now, it does NOT work. Please tell me HOW to move my houses and businesses and factories around the right way? Please! I am playing on my android the most which is LindaLou22, my ipad is acting up BIGTIME!! I have had to delete Dragon, Fantasy Forest, Castle, and some others on my ipad. :^(

Rynetory2
07-28-16, 08:42 PM
To move a building, hold on it till it gets into edit mode and then you can move it. See http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?92829-Dream-City-Buildings-and-Crafts-Guide&p=1320611&viewfull=1#post1320611 for more details on storing and retrieving.

giraffeeg
07-30-16, 02:16 AM
I was going to read the whole thread to see if someone has already asked this... but there are over 170 posts! It might be a good idea to start some new threads, one for each topic, because this one is a bit out of control already!
Anyway, my question....
Is there an easy way to count how many houses and businesses you have? I mean, is there a profile tab that lists this information? I'm up to level 19, and I'm trying to do some city planning - find out how many houses I have, how many highrises I need to store them in. Also, how many businesses I have an how many Malls I will need for them too. So, I guess I can try to count them one at a time, but it would be really good if I could just have that information in front of me.

Rynetory2
07-30-16, 03:23 AM
I was going to read the whole thread to see if someone has already asked this... but there are over 170 posts! It might be a good idea to start some new threads, one for each topic, because this one is a bit out of control already!
Anyway, my question....
Is there an easy way to count how many houses and businesses you have? I mean, is there a profile tab that lists this information? I'm up to level 19, and I'm trying to do some city planning - find out how many houses I have, how many highrises I need to store them in. Also, how many businesses I have an how many Malls I will need for them too. So, I guess I can try to count them one at a time, but it would be really good if I could just have that information in front of me.

This thread is for members who have a question and not for long discussion so just post if you have a question. :o

Counting businesses is easier. Click on your city hall and it shows how many businesses you have in the city. Count those in your storage and you get the total number for businesses. As for houses, I'm afraid you'll have to count them manually.

wags4smiles
07-30-16, 05:35 PM
Help please!

When I complete a star, I previously received a VIP Pass. Now I don't. I very much want to win the Grand Prize, but I won't if I don't get enough Passes.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Rynetory2
07-30-16, 08:12 PM
You can try buying buildings in the Market shown with a pass. Each purchase gives you a pass.

capnkrunch
08-02-16, 05:58 PM
Help, all of my coins are gone. I had appx 18000 coins when i rebuilt chesters mill for 10200. I collected miney from the city and just leveled two businesses and have 1400 coins. What happened?!?

Rynetory2
08-02-16, 06:04 PM
Sad to hear that. Can you check your inventory to see if you have made any purchase from City Exchange, storage for buildings purchased, level up your city hall since they all use up coins. If you still can't find where it went, you can send an email to support@storm8.com and an agent can help you to check.

danzplace
08-03-16, 04:02 AM
An easy way to count houses is to count them when you level up your apartment buildings. Then, only houses shown on the screen. Of course, you'll need to count apartments too.

amerirish
08-03-16, 11:15 AM
So I have expanded to the Chesterfield Retreat and need 5 keys - anyone know where we get them? Do they come from random citizens?

ETA: Just answered my own question; I received one key when I mastered a business.

twospoons
08-04-16, 02:27 PM
This may be a suggestion, but i'm not sure if i'm just missing something obvious: on boardwalk orders, your 12 hours starts when you first click on it to see what's required, right? but there's no indication before you've tapped to indicate you have a new order waiting, it just looks exactly like you have an order you're in the middle of fulfilling?

my issue is this: i tend to start orderboards at night, but i might start the last couple of slow items before i go to bed, and when i wake up, i can't remember if i still have to fill a couple of orders before i can get my balloons or if i did fill all my orders, the 8 hours went by while i was asleep, and now it's a new order that i absolutely should not start because the 12 hours will elapse while i'm at work and then i'll be all messed up.

i like farm2, where you tap, and it gives you an extra "do you want to start now?" screen.

monstertop
08-04-16, 02:41 PM
This may be a suggestion, but i'm not sure if i'm just missing something obvious: on boardwalk orders, your 12 hours starts when you first click on it to see what's required, right? but there's no indication before you've tapped to indicate you have a new order waiting, it just looks exactly like you have an order you're in the middle of fulfilling?

my issue is this: i tend to start orderboards at night, but i might start the last couple of slow items before i go to bed, and when i wake up, i can't remember if i still have to fill a couple of orders before i can get my balloons or if i did fill all my orders, the 8 hours went by while i was asleep, and now it's a new order that i absolutely should not start because the 12 hours will elapse while i'm at work and then i'll be all messed up.

i like farm2, where you tap, and it gives you an extra "do you want to start now?" screen.

The boardwalk orders start as soon as you open the game. You don't even have to touch the boardwalk order after opening the game to activate it. I learned it the hard way. So I make sure not to open the game late at night if I know there's a boardwalk order coming up soon. Sometimes I play until the timer goes down to 10 seconds and then close the game until the next morning :P

Mika012
08-04-16, 03:23 PM
Help, all of my coins are gone. I had appx 18000 coins when i rebuilt chesters mill for 10200. I collected miney from the city and just leveled two businesses and have 1400 coins. What happened?!?

Same exact thing happened to me and it is why I'm posting for the first time on this forum... I had 18k and built chester mill.. A little later I was down to 300 or so. I thought I was losing my mind thinking I musta bought something unknowingly.. This must be some glitchical error.

natnikom1
08-04-16, 04:47 PM
My item are gone !! I did all full each factory but lost them all. And it was happen many time already 😓 If not i could seel them and get many coins. If its happend only 1 time its ok but not🙁 Last time its was las night.i prepared all goods for to load to the boat but lost all.and all mamy items that i wanna sell 😟

Rynetory2
08-04-16, 05:06 PM
Same exact thing happened to me and it is why I'm posting for the first time on this forum... I had 18k and built chester mill.. A little later I was down to 300 or so. I thought I was losing my mind thinking I musta bought something unknowingly.. This must be some glitchical error.

Welcome to the forum, xxmichelleleexx! :)
Hmmm that's strange, did you see any purchases in your storage or inventory? You can send an email to support@storm8.com so an agent can check if you still can't locate the missing coins.

Rynetory2
08-04-16, 05:08 PM
My item are gone !! I did all full each factory but lost them all. And it was happen many time already �� If not i could seel them and get many coins. If its happend only 1 time its ok but not�� Last time its was las night.i prepared all goods for to load to the boat but lost all.and all mamy items that i wanna sell ��

Welcome to the forum, natnikom1! :)
Is it possible that you had sync issues whereby your progress wasn't properly saved? Please see Sync issues section in What can I do to try to resolve my game issues? (http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?92773-Dream-City-Game-Guide&p=1321614&viewfull=1#post1321614).

Rynetory2
08-04-16, 05:12 PM

Sorry to hear that you missed out. The Boardwalk orders starts when you start the game or while in game, so don't leave your game running overnight if your ship is arriving then. See Boardwalk in Game Guide for tips and more details. Yes I would love to the same way they did for Farm 2.

Mika012
08-05-16, 11:34 AM
Question about founder statue. I was able to expand and repair the Lighthouse but I was not aware that I was supposed to complete a goal in order to receive the statue. Do goals expire and prevent me from receiving the statue? Does anyone know how I can go about procuring one?

Rynetory2
08-05-16, 03:29 PM
Can you check your storage to see if your founder's statue is there? There was no expiry for the related goals.

Mika012
08-05-16, 06:56 PM
Can you check your storage to see if your founder's statue is there? There was no expiry for the related goals.

It isn't there.. The game directs me to the youth science museum.

Rynetory2
08-05-16, 07:59 PM
It isn't there.. The game directs me to the youth science museum.

Where did you click that directed you to the youth science museum? Let me try to find out more on the goals for you.

Mika012
08-05-16, 08:15 PM
Where did you click that directed you to the youth science museum? Let me try to find out more on the goals for you.

I click on the cash register for civic buildings and the newest item highlighted is "youth science museum"... Which I have already built. I have clicked on just about everything else and still no statue. Maybe I need to be at a higher level? Am currently level 21.

Thank u so much for all your help!!

Rynetory2
08-05-16, 08:19 PM
Just to confirm on 2 things

- Have you expanded and repaired your lighthouse?
- Ok, I like you to go to your storage, first icon shown below and check in your storage. The statue wont be in the Market. It will be in your storage if you have it.

http://i328.photobucket.com/albums/l339/z0000/Dream%20City/image_zpsv2rev4tb.jpeg

Mika012
08-06-16, 06:09 AM
Just to confirm on 2 things

- Have you expanded and repaired your lighthouse?
- Ok, I like you to go to your storage, first icon shown below and check in your storage. The statue wont be in the Market. It will be in your storage if you have it.

http://i328.photobucket.com/albums/l339/z0000/Dream%20City/image_zpsv2rev4tb.jpeg

Yes, the lighthouse is lit... foghorn ablazin and seagulls acirclin. Checked the little open box icon, but the little guys just aint nowhere to be found. Straaaaaange..

monstertop
08-06-16, 10:12 AM
The same for me too. I expanded to the lighthouse a week or so ago and I don't have the statue.

Rynetory2
08-06-16, 05:39 PM
Yes, the lighthouse is lit... foghorn ablazin and seagulls acirclin. Checked the little open box icon, but the little guys just aint nowhere to be found. Straaaaaange..

The same for me too. I expanded to the lighthouse a week or so ago and I don't have the statue.

I can't remember which level I was when I got the goal. I'm checking on this.

Thanks Mika012 for your updates.

my607
08-07-16, 06:03 AM
I can't seem to find watering cans for Chesterfield garden I'm getting everything else. Is there something I can do to get the cans faster?

This game becomes frustrating at times storage space and I have to sell things that I need it's stupid. Then I don't have the parts to upgrade storage there's alway parts missing and I'm not using real money.

Rynetory2
08-07-16, 08:16 AM
I can't seem to find watering cans for Chesterfield garden I'm getting everything else. Is there something I can do to get the cans faster?

This game becomes frustrating at times storage space and I have to sell things that I need it's stupid. Then I don't have the parts to upgrade storage there's alway parts missing and I'm not using real money.

The drops are random, I got mine mostly from mastering businesses. Some expansions took longer than others. Keep mastering your businesses.

Mika012
08-08-16, 01:00 PM
I can't remember which level I was when I got the goal. I'm checking on this.

Thanks Mika012 for your updates.

I finally received the statue just now! I completed all 5 Chesterfield fortunes (mansion> conservatory>lighthouse>vineyard>retreat) and the statue was the reward. I'm guessing I jumbled up the order of which I was supposed to complete and the lighthouse was supposed to be last...??? Anyway, thanks for trying to help me with this issue. 😄

nmishii
08-08-16, 01:41 PM

What at is the last building? What does it give you?

Thanks

kooky panda
08-08-16, 01:58 PM

Thanks
I am not seeing this last building anywhere. I will check on this.

cquinn32
08-08-16, 02:06 PM

Thanks

It unlocks the last goods station or whatever it's called.

monstertop
08-08-16, 02:22 PM
I finally received the statue just now! I completed all 5 Chesterfield fortunes (mansion> conservatory>lighthouse>vineyard>retreat) and the statue was the reward. I'm guessing I jumbled up the order of which I was supposed to complete and the lighthouse was supposed to be last...??? Anyway, thanks for trying to help me with this issue. ��

I figured it'd be something like this. Okay, I'll continue working on restoring all the properties. Thanks!

kooky panda
08-08-16, 02:50 PM
Thanks cquinn!!

nmishii
08-08-16, 04:24 PM

Thank you. The Level 24 upgrade needs 995 mastery stars. The Playtime Factory unlocks at 1050 mastery stars. So I guess it unlocks ability to unlock the Playtime Factory, which unlocks at 1050 mastery stars only if I'm at Level 24. If I were still at Level 23 with 1050 master stars and didn't have the population for Level 24, does this mean the Playtime Factory wouldn't unlock when I hit 1050 mastery stars?

And I guess its been there for other level upgrades, but I just didn't notice it until now.

cquinn32
08-08-16, 05:33 PM
Thank you. The Level 24 upgrade needs 995 mastery stars. The Playtime Factory unlocks at 1050 mastery stars. So I guess it unlocks ability to unlock the Playtime Factory, which unlocks at 1050 mastery stars only if I'm at Level 24. If I were still at Level 23 with 1050 master stars and didn't have the population for Level 24, does this mean the Playtime Factory wouldn't unlock when I hit 1050 mastery stars?

And I guess its been there for other level upgrades, but I just didn't notice it until now.

No it unlocks the last goods station at the train depot. If you tap on the little picture of it in the upgrade window it will tell you what it is.

to answer your other question I have the playtime factory and am only level 23. It unlocked when I hit the necessary number of stars.

nmishii
08-08-16, 06:21 PM
No it unlocks the last goods station at the train depot. If you tap on the little picture of it in the upgrade window it will tell you what it is.

to answer your other question I have the playtime factory and am only level 23. It unlocked when I hit the necessary number of stars.

Oh, I got it now. Thanks for the answers.

Rynetory2
08-09-16, 06:06 AM
I finally received the statue just now! I completed all 5 Chesterfield fortunes (mansion> conservatory>lighthouse>vineyard>retreat) and the statue was the reward. I'm guessing I jumbled up the order of which I was supposed to complete and the lighthouse was supposed to be last...??? Anyway, thanks for trying to help me with this issue. ��
Oh yes, you are correct! After seeing your post, I now recall I completed the Points of Interest (Mayor's Mansion, Chesterfield Wheel, Chesterfield Gardens, Chesterfield Vineyard, Chesterfield Retreat) and got the goal. i didnt expand to Locations prior to that. So glad you got your goals now. Thanks for your help. :o Hmmm I shall update this to the guides for others' benefit.

my607
08-09-16, 02:32 PM
I don't understand this I receive a Brownstown building like high rise and it has a plus on top of building then when you touch it has four or five boxes and it says add house. What am I suppose to do?

kooky panda
08-09-16, 02:45 PM
I don't understand this I receive a Brownstown building like high rise and it has a plus on top of building then when you touch it has four or five boxes and it says add house. What am I suppose to do?
Go over and click on the houses you would like to place into the highrise. This will free up space in your City.

my607
08-09-16, 04:14 PM
Go over and click on the houses you would like to place into the highrise. This will free up space in your City.

Thank you Kooky

Sherit16
08-10-16, 04:46 AM
Please tell me I can expand further. I am at level 24, have unlocked everything and expanded everywhere. The padlock says level 99. Am I missing something? There is no where left to expand and no way I'm continuing if there is no where to go.

Rynetory2
08-10-16, 07:20 AM
Please tell me I can expand further. I am at level 24, have unlocked everything and expanded everywhere. The padlock says level 99. Am I missing something? There is no where left to expand and no way I'm continuing if there is no where to go.

Welcome to the forum, Sherit16! :o

This game is still new so there will be more updates. One of the challenges of this is to design and utilise the space in the most efficient way. I regularly redesign my city whenever I find it running out of space and managed to find a bit. Not sure if it helps but you may want to give it a try if your city is stuck.

Mercy1st
08-11-16, 12:16 AM
I am waiting for a new event got so far ahead that I only have like five squares left and decided to wait for a new event to build more businesses and homes. Does anyone know when the new event might come about?
Also Got really sick and missed one of the boardwalk goals and was at 8 balloons and now have gone back to five. Is there any chance that I will get back up to 8 balloons?

Rynetory2
08-11-16, 01:53 AM
Does anyone know when the new event might come about?
Also Got really sick and missed one of the boardwalk goals and was at 8 balloons and now have gone back to five. Is there any chance that I will get back up to 8 balloons?

This game is new so there's no known event schedule yet, check your game regularly for notification. Your balloons should return back to 8 after 3 or 4 successful consecutive shipments of 5s.

sweetfantasypl
08-11-16, 12:08 PM
My citizens are such bad givers... is there any trick to make them more generous?

SpiritWind00
08-11-16, 04:59 PM
My citizens are such bad givers... is there any trick to make them more generous?
If you keep your game open for a while, or build a house, they are generous :) (well, for me anyways!) :)

eastie41
08-12-16, 01:24 AM
Hi ! I could not find an explanation in the game guide regarding ---

WHY can't the department stores and brownstones be placed into storage? I have built extra brownstones in advance , anticipating future needs and I'd like to store them. Since Individual houses and stores can be placed into storage , it seems that department stores and brownstones should be stored too. Yes, I do understand that nothing in storage would not 'count' toward population or mastered stores.

So, what's the rationale behind this restriction?

Thanks

sweetfantasypl
08-12-16, 07:56 AM
If you keep your game open for a while, or build a house, they are generous :) (well, for me anyways!) :)

It is so so soo simple but its working 😁 thank you

my607
08-12-16, 04:33 PM

No, the gems do drop randomly that's about it.

Mika012
08-12-16, 05:03 PM
Hi ! I could not find an explanation in the game guide regarding ---

WHY can't the department stores and brownstones be placed into storage? I have built extra brownstones in advance , anticipating future needs and I'd like to store them. Since Individual houses and stores can be placed into storage , it seems that department stores and brownstones should be stored too. Yes, I do understand that nothing in storage would not 'count' toward population or mastered stores.

So, what's the rationale behind this restriction?

Thanks

Same rationale as... one just simply does not store their toaster in the oven. Just isn't done that way.

smtexas
08-12-16, 11:22 PM
thank you for the guides, I found my answer

my607
08-13-16, 11:57 AM
Is there a reason why the citizens don't give us coins when we aren't filling business orders? You don't earn anything I just notice it cuz I'm waiting for the sneakers and it takes an hour to craft. I hate having multiple of the same businesses.

Rynetory2
08-13-16, 06:23 PM
Is there a reason why the citizens don't give us coins when we aren't filling business orders? You don't earn anything I just notice it cuz I'm waiting for the sneakers and it takes an hour to craft. I hate having multiple of the same businesses.

They give us for other activities too. See here http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?92773-Dream-City-Game-Guide&p=1318982&viewfull=1#post1318982

jessiefromshimerville
08-14-16, 04:40 AM
I don't know how to full fill a delivery. I click the clipboard. That moves me to the building to make the item. I am lost there. I click the blinking item but nothing happens. I can make anything.

Rynetory2
08-14-16, 07:43 AM
I don't know how to full fill a delivery. I click the clipboard. That moves me to the building to make the item. I am lost there. I click the blinking item but nothing happens. I can make anything.

Click on the factory to get the craft menu. Drag the blinking item on craft menu to the empty slot below to craft it. It will show up when it has finished crafting. Collect it and submit your order.

judyvines
08-15-16, 03:46 PM
This is something that has been driving me crazy for a while. I have a goods (basic crate) storage capacity of 300. Everything that requires crates to be used to make the item requires an even number of crates....10, 12, 20, etc. How is it possible that I have an odd number of crates right now, since everything uses an even number? Currently my goods storage shows 297 out of 300. This is driving me crazy!!

Rynetory2
08-15-16, 06:11 PM
This is something that has been driving me crazy for a while. I have a goods (basic crate) storage capacity of 300. Everything that requires crates to be used to make the item requires an even number of crates....10, 12, 20, etc. How is it possible that I have an odd number of crates right now, since everything uses an even number? Currently my goods storage shows 297 out of 300. This is driving me crazy!!

My goods are at odds when I make pastry (5 goods + 1 grain). Make a pastry if you rather see your goods in even numbers. :)

judyvines
08-15-16, 06:22 PM
My goods are at odds when I make pastry (5 goods + 1 grain). Make a pastry if you rather see your goods in even numbers. :)
Thank you, thank you, thank you. It has been driving me nuts. I didn't even notice that the pastry used an odd number. I can sleep well tonight.

Rynetory2
08-15-16, 06:37 PM
Thank you, thank you, thank you. It has been driving me nuts. I didn't even notice that the pastry used an odd number. I can sleep well tonight.

Oh poor you! Glad to help and especially to ease your poor mind from this puzzle. :)

judyvines
08-15-16, 06:54 PM
Oh poor you! Glad to help and especially to ease your poor mind from this puzzle. :)

Let's just say that I'm slightly obsessive compulsive. I think it is my engineering background.

08-20-16, 01:07 AM
Last month I bought this game from App Store under my friend's Apple ID, and now I want to purchase gem in game but at first I need to get this game with my own Apple ID. If I delete and reinstall it,can I still have my buildings and levels? Thanks!

Rynetory2
08-20-16, 02:41 AM
Last month I bought this game from App Store under my friend's Apple ID, and now I want to purchase gem in game but at first I need to get this game with my own Apple ID. If I delete and reinstall it,can I still have my buildings and levels? Thanks!

I'm going to send you to Support for this so that the Agent can help to clear your game logged under your friend's Apple ID and if you are using your friend's device as well. Please send an email to support@storm8.com.

Merged thread.

Mercy1st
08-20-16, 11:58 PM
Just noticed that the business "Boogaloo's" has changed color. The pink has been taken out and more blue put in. I hope that we will be able to retain The ones we made in the original color as I have set them up to be aesthetically pleasing and to complement The pink in some of the other buildings. Could you find out for us please? Thank you.

Rynetory2
08-21-16, 08:26 AM
Just noticed that the business "Boogaloo's" has changed color. The pink has been taken out and more blue put in. I hope that we will be able to retain The ones we made in the original color as I have set them up to be aesthetically pleasing and to complement The pink in some of the other buildings. Could you find out for us please? Thank you.

Just to check, have you completed a new Boogaloo's using the new version? Does it look different from the previous? I know the picture in the Market is slightly different.

Mika012
08-24-16, 02:07 PM

The picture in the catalog is different from the mastered business. Opon mastering 5 stars, the business goes through an "upgrade". I.e... the pink umbrellas at Boogaloos, tri-level floors at Tessa and Co, and the chic wavy roof at Bubbleberry.
Hope this is the answer you were looking for.

I placed my Boogaloos next to the conservatory, city palooza stage and Bach street pianos.. it's really pretty!! =P

Rynetory2
08-24-16, 05:20 PM
The picture in the catalog is different from the mastered business. Opon mastering 5 stars, the business goes through an "upgrade". I.e... the pink umbrellas at Boogaloos, tri-level floors at Tessa and Co, and the chic wavy roof at Bubbleberry.
Hope this is the answer you were looking for.

I placed my Boogaloos next to the conservatory, city palooza stage and Bach street pianos.. it's really pretty!! =P

Good to know it looks the same like the previous mastered ones.

gwendolin67
08-25-16, 06:49 AM
Can I buy roads? Thanks

Rynetory2
08-25-16, 07:00 AM
Can I buy roads? Thanks

Welcome to the forum, gwendolin67. :)

You need not buy roads; they're free. See this http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?92773-Dream-City-Game-Guide&p=1318979&viewfull=1#post1318979 on adding roads. Have fun.

swaenekot
08-26-16, 10:48 AM
I'm trying to repair the studio. My businesses promisses 2 boxes. I only get once. So no parts for the studio's. What to do? I already reinstalled the game. Please help. sgtvtf8

Rynetory2
08-27-16, 03:27 AM
I'm trying to repair the studio. My businesses promisses 2 boxes. I only get once. So no parts for the studio's. What to do? I already reinstalled the game. Please help. sgtvtf8

We should be seeing 1 mystery crate but some members including you are seeing 2 in the caption, the team is checking on this. See Double Mystery Crates (http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?93753-Double-mystery-crates).

As for the clapperboards, some of these special parts are more rare to find as we progress through the game. I think it took me a week or more to get those parts. Keep trying sweetie.

bss0226
08-28-16, 08:13 AM
Any idea when we can repair the other two bridges and expand across the other rivers? I have one expansion left and then I'll be out of room and need more expansion. I cannot upgrade my population because I have no room for the Eiffel Tower that I can buy with tickets to expand my population so I .can expand to next level.

Btw. Level 33 requires 2120 stars and 4870 population

Rynetory2
08-28-16, 08:58 AM
Any idea when we can repair the other two bridges and expand across the other rivers? I have one expansion left and then I'll be out of room and need more expansion. I cannot upgrade my population because I have no room for the Eiffel Tower that I can buy with tickets to expand my population so I .can expand to next level.

Btw. Level 33 requires 2120 stars and 4870 population

Try replacing some civic buildings or other landmarks with the Eiffel Tower and see if that helps. It's definitely more worth to store the others instead.

bss0226
08-28-16, 03:08 PM
Try replacing some civic buildings or other landmarks with the Eiffel Tower and see if that helps. It's definitely more worth to store the others instead.

Understood. But I still need the population from the others. I did store some excess businesses that did not take me below the 2120 stars needed for upgrade so I made room. The next upgrade may be almost impossible without more room. Hopefully soon.

Thanks for the suggestion

Rynetory2
08-29-16, 05:57 AM
Understood. But I still need the population from the others. I did store some excess businesses that did not take me below the 2120 stars needed for upgrade so I made room. The next upgrade may be almost impossible without more room. Hopefully soon.

Thanks for the suggestion

Brilliant, great to hear that you made some room! While we wait for more expansions, I hope you will get more parts to upgrade your current highrises. Thanks for the level info earlier. Cheers.

bss0226
08-29-16, 09:47 AM
Brilliant, great to hear that you made some room! While we wait for more expansions, I hope you will get more parts to upgrade your current highrises. Thanks for the level info earlier. Cheers.
As soon as my expansion is finished in about 24 hrs I'll give you the amounts to upgrade to level 34

capnkrunch
08-29-16, 11:05 AM
Be caeful how you place the roads. You can get away with less road if you position creatively

my607
08-29-16, 11:48 AM
I was wondering if that big spot the bigger better event just going to be used as special event area. Or eventually it will be an expanded area?