PDA

View Full Version : Dream City Goal : dragon prize

DMVdoll
07-08-16, 07:53 PM
I'm not sure if I should submit a ticket for this or not, but I had/have a goal for Dream City. After I installed the game, the next goal was to make it to level 5 and I would receive a new dragon. However, I made it to level 5 and no dragon! Yes, I checked my storage.

I had the same goal in RS for Dream City and I received the floor decoration.

Has this happened to anyone else? Is there anything I can do about this?

Platform : Android v6.0.1

Update(KP)

Elsa;1319598']We did mean to offer the Dream Dragon. To be completely transparent, our nice thing backfired on us, and in specific circumstances caused breaky things to happen. While it's not an obvious issue, it affected enough players that we needed to pull back. Unfortunately, we needed to discontinue the offer, because we don't want to give you a broken gift.

We appreciate that the idea was well received and we'll need to investigate and revisit at another time. We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience. <3

Edit(KP)- You may have to restart your game to have the promotional goals complete to see your rewards.

Niire
07-08-16, 07:58 PM
I ended up having to level up to level 6 to get mine to register, and I am droid as well. Others had success force closing or restarting their devices. :) For some reason, it glitches a bit sometimes. Hope this helps! <3

belarica
07-08-16, 08:07 PM
Strange. I got the dream dragon just for installing, and have gotten gold for getting to level 5 and 7.

DMVdoll
07-08-16, 09:25 PM
Thank u :)

zaccy678
07-08-16, 09:41 PM
Strange. I got the dream dragon just for installing, and have gotten gold for getting to level 5 and 7.

I only got gold for installing, level 5 and level 7!!

I hope I get the dragon at level 10!!!:mad:

zaccy678
07-08-16, 09:46 PM
I only got gold for installing, level 5 and level 7!!

I hope I get the dragon at level 10!!!:mad:

Gahh, I just realised I already had it!!
Well that explains it I guess... You don't get a second one if u already have it...

I mean who really knows what dragons you have at this point ;)

AliceWinter24
07-09-16, 02:06 AM
I was so excited for this goal, I love the Dream dragon, I installed the game, it registered, and all I had to do was buy a decoration to get the Dream dragon. It said I had days to complete, so I figured I'd wait till I get the next Tire Swing in the wheel, that happened today, and all I got was gold. I also see on my other accounts that where it was a picture of the Dream dragon as the prize for goal completed yesterday, today it is a picture of gold. Did they change their minds? No Dream dragon for me anyway :(

blueangel826
07-09-16, 02:35 AM
I've never been able to get Dream dragon & was pleased when this offer came up! Downloaded Dream City Metropolis & finished level 6. When I came back to DS, got the gold, but couldn't find my Dream dragon! Not on nest or in storage. Restarted phone & still not there. Did the uninstall/reinstall & no Dream dragon! Emailed support for help so hopefully they'll find out where my little cutie is. So frustrating!

DMVdoll
07-09-16, 07:13 AM
[Discussing support (http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?15033-Do-not-post-Support-emails-or-private-communications-in-the-forum)]

Gahh, I just realised I already had it!!
Well that explains it I guess... You don't get a second one if u already have it...

I mean who really knows what dragons you have at this point ;)

I definitely didn't have it and really wanted it :(

u can win more than one of the same dragon...i won 2 Pot of Gold and 2 Chroma dragons recently.

jaymieb2
07-09-16, 07:28 AM
I am having trouble with this, too! I got gold, but don't have the Dream Dragon in my storage. Had to go to level six before level 5 would register.

The only reason I installed that fame was to get the adorable Dream Dragon, and I still don't have it. :'(

Already force closed a few times. Still no dragon. And it isn't showing as a reward for advancing to the next goal level. I am on Android.

:-(

DeeDe99
07-09-16, 07:59 AM
No dragon for me either. :((

9krm
07-09-16, 09:56 AM
I got the dream dragon after I got to lvl 6 not 5. I already have a dream dragon, and this one is in my storage, so i don't think that is the problem. GL getting it resolved! :)

njbhugjjgnj
07-09-16, 10:41 AM
What I would like to know is, why present a TIMED goal to win a dragon and then decide not even 24 hrs later,change it to a goal without a dragon to be offered? I had the dragon goal less than 24 hrs ago and now it's changed. Stand by what you originally offered to EVERYONE and give those,including me,the dream dragon for downloading the game! No excuses!

AliceWinter24
07-09-16, 10:49 AM
What I would like to know is, why present a TIMED goal to win a dragon and then decide not even 24 hrs later,change it to a goal without a dragon to be offered? I had the dragon goal less than 24 hrs ago and now it's changed. Stand by what you originally offered to EVERYONE and give those,including me,the dream dragon for downloading the game! No excuses!

Agreed, this was extremely disappointing, it went from being the coolest goal ever to just a huge disappoinment. Really sad.

feonalily
07-09-16, 10:52 AM
I never got my dragon either. Just the 7 gold prize for lvl5

lisabandit2
07-09-16, 11:50 AM
I didn't get my dragon either for hitting level 5 in less than a day of installing. I emailed support, high volume blah blah email back. Learning experience to not continue after downloading a new game.

MaribouMay
07-09-16, 12:11 PM
I don't have a goal for Dream City. I have an icon on the screen and the blimp with the banner hanging on it, but no goal. Is this android only?

DMVdoll
07-09-16, 12:18 PM
Hopefully the issue will be fixed. If not Dream City Google Play rating will reflect the disappointment lol

I got the dream dragon after I got to lvl 6 not 5. I already have a dream dragon, and this one is in my storage, so i don't think that is the problem. GL getting it resolved! :)

What platform are u on? I'm on Android. I'm on level 11 and still no dragon.

Natasha_07
07-09-16, 12:32 PM
Yesterday I had a dream city goal with the dream dragon in the pop-up icon but I never got the prize. :(

AliceWinter24
07-09-16, 12:36 PM
Yesterday I had a dream city goal with the dream dragon in the pop-up icon but I never got the prize. :(

You're not alone ...

feonalily
07-09-16, 02:06 PM
Kooky? Anybody?

hon3ycomb
07-09-16, 03:24 PM
Yes, i didn't get the reward right away as well..

9krm
07-09-16, 04:29 PM
Hopefully the issue will be fixed. If not Dream City Google Play rating will reflect the disappointment lol

What platform are u on? I'm on Android. I'm on level 11 and still no dragon.

Android as well.

sleepygs
07-09-16, 05:25 PM
I don't know if I'm happy or sad that I'm not the only one. I don't have a Dream dragon and I haven't gotten one yet. (Just cleared level 7.) I have to admit, I kinda like the game, but I had to restart the download it twice and it crashes a lot for me being such a low level with not a lot of things "going on." I downloaded it for the dragon, but I'd like to feel good about continuing to play it... Right now with no dragon, I'm not happy!

I've never gone through CS, not sure I want to go through the hassle unless you guys get your dragon! For the record, I'm on an iPod, so iOS. I guess the problem is with everyone.

DeeDe99
07-09-16, 05:55 PM
It is all very strange. A response from S8 staff would be appropriate.

pernmagic
07-10-16, 02:19 AM
I was lucky .... Loaded it played for a little while received the dragon put it on nest then deleted the game as not my scene really ..... IM on IOS
Hope you get it sorted out for you

DeeDe99
07-10-16, 02:27 AM
Interestingly, it wasn't offered to me on iOS, only on Android. This gets stranger by the hour.

Kiyo1311
07-10-16, 07:09 AM
The same happens to me iOS in two different device and to my sister in Android! We are disappointed both and it's really annoying that nobody is replaying!

belarica
07-10-16, 07:39 AM
Maybe there will be an answer ( :rolleyes: ) on Monday but probably not. They might say they never meant to offer the dream dragon as a reward

jaymieb2
07-10-16, 07:56 AM
Hmmm they might not have meant to offer a Dream dragon, but they did. I thought it was extremely cool... get a Dream Dragon for trying Dream City!

So I tried it. Got my 14 gold, but no dragon. Then it seemed that you still got the dragon, but you had to level up further. So played longer... Then it seemed that you didn't get credit for leveling up to five until you completed level five. So I did. I am close to level 7, and don't mind the game, kind of like it, actually. But I want my dragon!!!

Otherwise, I will have to rate the game poorly - that the S8 interface is buggy about levels, and that S8 doesn't honor offers. I don't know why S8 doesn't have better testers / why the developers don't play the games they make. That would solve most of their problems.

*sigh* :-(

zyfazix
07-10-16, 01:53 PM
Did not receive my dragon in nest or storage, currently at level 10 and still playing the game because I somewhat like it but that doesn't mean I don't want the dragon that was promised.

DeeDe99
07-10-16, 04:15 PM
Maybe there will be an answer ( :rolleyes: ) on Monday but probably not. They might say they never meant to offer the dream dragon as a reward

They can say that, but will be an entirely unacceptable response as some people already received the Dream dragon. S8 need to comply with legislation (although may be different in USA jurisdiction). Here, if something has a price tag on it, it must be sold for that price, claiming there was a pricing error isn't legal. They can change the price for FUTURE customers, but anyone who picked up the item while the incorrect price was there must be sold the item at that price. Not exactly the same situation, but illustrates the legal onus in my country.

feonalily
07-10-16, 07:01 PM
They can say that, but will be an entirely unacceptable response as some people already received the Dream dragon. S8 need to comply with legislation (although may be different in USA jurisdiction). Here, if something has a price tag on it, it must be sold for that price, claiming there was a pricing error isn't legal. They can change the price for FUTURE customers, but anyone who picked up the item while the incorrect price was there must be sold the item at that price. Not exactly the same situation, but illustrates the legal onus in my country.

it's not legal here in the US either

amalsaba
07-10-16, 07:51 PM

Go Deedee! I agree with you. I saw the egg at my neighbours island

DMVdoll
07-11-16, 07:14 AM
Seems like not getting the dragon wasn't a glitch but more of a "bait and switch" scenario? I was hoping there would be a response from someone by now....

*sigh

BTW happy Monday :)

Natasha_07
07-11-16, 07:36 AM
Nice incentive, very bad execution. :rolleyes:

hiabarara
07-11-16, 09:45 AM
Oh. We actually did get a dragon for that goal? It looked like we would get a dragon, so I played the game, but then it only showed me that I received a freaking ugly and pixelated decoration. I'm pleasantly surprised now :) I haven't checked my storage in a while because I'm still waiting for a new World Event to put all my eggs on a nest. But I just did and yes, I have a Dream Dragon. Not sure if I prefer that over gold, but a nice surprise nevertheless.

[S8] Elsa
07-11-16, 10:21 AM
Hmmm they might not have meant to offer a Dream dragon, but they did. I thought it was extremely cool... get a Dream Dragon for trying Dream City!

So I tried it. Got my 14 gold, but no dragon. Then it seemed that you still got the dragon, but you had to level up further. So played longer... Then it seemed that you didn't get credit for leveling up to five until you completed level five. So I did. I am close to level 7, and don't mind the game, kind of like it, actually. But I want my dragon!!!

Otherwise, I will have to rate the game poorly - that the S8 interface is buggy about levels, and that S8 doesn't honor offers. I don't know why S8 doesn't have better testers / why the developers don't play the games they make. That would solve most of their problems.

*sigh* :-(

We did mean to offer the Dream Dragon. To be completely transparent, our nice thing backfired on us, and in specific circumstances caused breaky things to happen. While it's not an obvious issue, it affected enough players that we needed to pull back. Unfortunately, we needed to discontinue the offer, because we don't want to give you a broken gift.

We appreciate that the idea was well received and we'll need to investigate and revisit at another time. We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience. <3

DMVdoll
07-11-16, 11:05 AM
Elsa;1319598']We did mean to offer the Dream Dragon. To be completely transparent, our nice thing backfired on us, and in specific circumstances caused breaky things to happen. While it's not an obvious issue, it affected enough players that we needed to pull back. Unfortunately, we needed to discontinue the offer, because we don't want to give you a broken gift.

Thank you for responding :D

Hopefully it will be fixed and offered again... It was an awesome incentive.

Enjoy the rest of ur day!

lenasdinner
07-11-16, 11:16 AM
what is this mean ''broken gift''? what this means to those who recived the dragon as prize,who has is in storage ?

DeeDe99
07-11-16, 04:42 PM
Thank you for the transparency. Always a good thing.

belarica
07-11-16, 04:52 PM
what is this mean ''broken gift''? what this means to those who recived the dragon as prize,who has is in storage ?

I hatched mine and nothing seems broken in my game. I wonder what giving dream dragons away broke? Hopefully the can fix it and give more cool prizes like it

[S8] Elsa
07-11-16, 05:16 PM
I hatched mine and nothing seems broken in my game. I wonder what giving dream dragons away broke? Hopefully the can fix it and give more cool prizes like it

It wouldn't apply to everyone. In specific cases, it would buy the Dragon (players who encountered this have already been refunded) or turn into a decoration. Which isn't a fun gift for people who encountered it ;<. We're crushed it didn't work out and we'll look into it.

Niire
07-11-16, 05:39 PM
Yeah Elsa, if they can fix the issues with this prize, it's an amazing prize for playing a game, and they should keep doing that. very positive vibes from that! <3

Maybe they should just give everyone who doesn't have one a dream dragon to fix this round of it?

busybee222
07-11-16, 08:30 PM
Oh now I know why my "broken Dream" dragon from the reward now live in both main island and artic isle???? One little dragon took 2 spaces..... but better than those who didn't receive it! I hope all will get thier Dream soon.....

Burrymillz
07-11-16, 09:06 PM
Didn't storm8 give a dragon away in one of the tales to everyone because it was all messed up few tales ago think it was red and black? Maybe they could give everyone this dragon considering it was on strom8's end??

Niire
07-11-16, 10:53 PM
Didn't storm8 give a dragon away in one of the tales to everyone because it was all messed up few tales ago think it was red and black? Maybe they could give everyone this dragon considering it was on strom8's end??

Cursed Rose, yeah. I totally agree, even though I got mine already. It would make it fair for those who missed out on this little cutie. :)

Sandybellee
07-12-16, 04:07 AM
Oh now I know why my "broken Dream" dragon from the reward now live in both main island and artic isle???? One little dragon took 2 spaces..... but better than those who didn't receive it! I hope all will get thier Dream soon.....

Oh no! Another one of these cases! Is it by chance in an abominable habitat? The problem always seems to be with those in these cases. Did it take the place of another dragon in the Arctic? Whatever you do, don't evolve it in the Arctic or it will disappear and still take up a space in two habitats and nothing can be done about it.

Natasha_07
07-12-16, 07:30 AM
Sad I didn't get mine or any new decoration either. What decoration was giving ? :confused:

belarica
07-12-16, 09:41 AM
Cursed Rose, yeah. I totally agree, even though I got mine already. It would make it fair for those who missed out on this little cutie. :)

That's what I was thinking too but didn't know how to say it without sounding abrasive

Mammawsgame
07-12-16, 11:38 AM
I have not received the dream dragon either. I leveled to 7 and still no dragon. I also tried force stopping, uninstalling -reinstalling, etc. And no dragon. Please give me my dragon. Ty. I see the posts about a different gift being given. I didnt receive that either. What is the deal? I play on a droid phone. Someone from storm 8 please fix this!

belarica
07-12-16, 12:46 PM
I have not received the dream dragon either. I leveled to 7 and still no dragon. I also tried force stopping, uninstalling -reinstalling, etc. And no dragon. Please give me my dragon. Ty. I see the posts about a different gift being given. I didnt receive that either. What is the deal? I play on a droid phone. Someone from storm 8 please fix this!

Elsa has already said that it was broken for some people so they had to pull the offer. It's disappointing, but maybe they can fix it for a later offer.

busybee222
07-12-16, 07:24 PM
it is sharing bizzald island, and took both space in main and artic. oh I was so tempted to try to evolve it, lucky you mention it will dissapear so I will just let it be. Thanks for the warning. But how do I get it to leave artic? by Dream occupy 1 spot I won't be able to complete artic.

DeeDe99
07-13-16, 12:05 AM
There seems to be other problems with the rewards on Android.

I reached level 11 as per the current goal. Went into DS, the reward screen popped up but the 7 gold bars were not credited. Looking in the goal list, the goal to reach level 11 remains.

Very strange. Unless I have to pass level 11, but that doesn't explain why the reward screen popped up.

DeeDe99
07-13-16, 05:31 AM

I reached level 11 as per the current goal. Went into DS, the reward screen popped up but the 7 gold bars were not credited. Looking in the goal list, the goal to reach level 11 remains.

Very strange. Unless I have to pass level 11, but that doesn't explain why the reward screen popped up.

Some hours later, it worked.

sleepygs
07-13-16, 06:17 AM
Bummer. I feel like there should be a way to get us the dragon who are using Dream City. I did get the item I bought in Dream City "found" or "reset", but it was 24 hours later. I'm not super happy about S8 right now, but I kinda like their games. LOL Still, I downloaded it JUST because I saw the dragon... Even if I'm still playing Dream City because I find it interesting. If I didn't see Elsa's post, I'd be even more angry. Still, it just doesn't seem right.

roguebee
07-13-16, 06:40 AM
I get to sit on both sides of the fence for this one... One account received the dragon and the other account didn't. Hard to figure out why on my own.

kooky panda
07-13-16, 09:16 AM

I have noticed the same thing. If you force close and reopen your game, the next reward to buy a decoration will pop up.

starship412
07-16-16, 12:15 PM
Strangely I never received my Dream Dragon either. I'm just going to write an e-mail to S8 about this.

Edit: Never mind, I read through and saw the offer was pulled. Sad though. It would've been nice to receive a dragon for installing but Dream City is a pretty good game and I kept it.

starship412
07-16-16, 12:19 PM
Have fun on your camping/fishing trip Kooky!

DeeDe99
07-16-16, 09:30 PM
I have noticed the same thing. If you force close and reopen your game, the next reward to buy a decoration will pop up.

We don't buy decorations on Android, Kooky. Besides, the reward screen did pop up, but the action was not completed. Some two hours later, it popped up again and at that point it worked. I had been in and out of the game a couple of times in the intervening period.

I never got the offer on the iOS device, just Android.