PDA

View Full Version : Castle Story: 7/07 Update - A Grand Migration (TIMED/OPTIONAL) | *goals in post 1*

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

SpiritWind00
07-06-16, 07:53 PM
A Grand Migration - Dialogue

Part 1.
Ruler: Hey Ivy! Uh...what's going on?
Ivy: Ohm, don't mind this mess. I'm just getting ready for the great Griffin migration!
Ruler: Griffin migration?
Ivy: Yes! Every couple of years, the Griffins migrate from their peak and fly across the kingdom. I'm trying to build a roost for any that need to stop and rest on their voyage.
Ruler: Aww, that's a really good idea Ivy.
Ivy: That's the only kind I have![/spoiler][/INDENT]

Part 2.
Ivy: If we climb up to Griffin Peak, we may find some materials to make this roost more comfy.
Ruler: Scale Griffin Peak? Isn't that ...dangerous?
Ivy: Oh c'mon, it's not the first time you've taken a chance. Think of all the cute Griffins with their tired wings...no place to rest on their huge voyage.
Ruler: Alright, alright - I'll go, but you owe me one.
Ivy: Great! Thanks so much, and do be careful!
Ruler: Wait -- I thought you said "we" were scaling Griffin Peak?
Ivy: Well, someone has to guard the roost from any Griffin predators! Don't worry -- you'll be fine!

Part 3.
Ruler: Ivy...Ivy? Are you here...I need to show you what I've found.
Ivy: Oh...my...gosh!
Ruler: Is that what I think it is?!
Ivy: It's some kind of egg. It's a Griffin Egg! Where did you find it?
Ruler: It was left in an empty nest up on Griffin Peak. All the Griffins had already left, so I brought it back with me.
Ivy: It's going to be *so* cute! We're going to hatch it...and feed it...and cuddle it..
Ruler: Whoa, whoa, whoa...slow down Ivy. have you ever hatched a Griffin Egg before?
Ivy: No, but how hard could it be? And we just so happen to have this roost. It was meant to be! We'll need some Nesting Twigs and Griffin Feathers to fortify the roost. I'll watch the Griffin Egg while you find some![/spoiler]

Part 4.
No additional Dialogue

Part 5.
Ruler: *Phew* Gathering all of those Nesting Twigs sure is hard work. Hey...what've you got there?
Ivy: Oh, this? I've been using the Nesting Twigs and Griffin Feathers to make Nesting Straw. It's a lot warmer for the Griffin Egg to rest in that!
Ruler: Good idea! Need any help?
Ivy: Sure! You just take the Nesting Twigs and Griffin Feathers and...
Ruler: Wait a minute...
Ivy: Yes?
Ruler: How do you know that the Nesting Straw is warmer? Is that...Nesting Straw in your pillow?
Ivy: As a new Griffin parent *of course* I had to test it out before we used it on our precious Griffin.

Part 6.
Baron: Make way! Coming through!
Ruler: Baron? What do *you* want?
Baron: That old wizard man told me that you and Ivy have stumbled upon a Griffin Egg. A Griffin would do this Kingdom some good.
Ruler: How so?
Baron: Tourism! I could make tons of gold on all the travelers coming to view this specimen. It'll also make up for all the late taxes.
Ivy: The Griffin is NOT a tourist attraction!
Ruler: yeah, Ivy's right. We're trying to help the Griffin, not exploit it.
Baron: Call it what you like. One word of advice though -- Griffins are royal creatures. If we're going to welcome one into MY Kingdom, ad *possibly* entertain visitors...THAT shabby thing is going to need some improvements.
Ruler: The Griffin Roost? Wait...what do you mean YOUR Kingdom?
Baron: Oh, is that what that is? Everyone knows the royal Griffin embellishes its roost with the dazzling Sky Stone. I'm sure you can find some up on Griffin Peak if you look hard enough.
Ivy: Well, the baby Griffin *does* deserve the best.
Ruler: I'll see what I can find, but this is NOT for your "tourists", Baron.

Part 7.
Ruler: Once this Griffin hatches, what do you think he'll want to eat?
Ivy: Hmm...well Griffins eat all kinds of things! Bugs are a great source of protein!
Ruler: Don't tell me you tested that out too...
Ivy: oh look over there! A worm!
Ruler: Quick grab it!
Ivy: We can use these to make Griffin Food for the Griffin. I'm sure we can find more throughout the Kingdom.

Part 8.
Ruler: Brrr! It sure is chilly today.
Ivy: Tell me about it! Our poor little egg is probably freezing.
Ivy: We're going to need to warm it up somehow. Any ideas?
Ruler: Hmmm...
Ivy: Oh, I know!
Ruler: What is it?
Ivy: I saw the Baron sporting a new fur the other day, maybe we can find out where he got it?
Ivy: If it's luxurious enough for him, it's luxurious enough for the Griffin Egg!
Ruler: I think you mean as long as it's *warm* enough.
Ivy: Oh, well, that too!

Part 9.
Ruler: Wow, this sure is a lot of Exotic Fur!
Ivy: Yep! We've got plenty to make Soft Blankets for the Griffin Egg.
Ruler: Those are one thing I wouldn't mind testing out...
Ivy: These are for the Griffin Egg -- not us!
Ruler: But...
Ivy: Now, to make the Soft Blankets we're going to need to Exotic Thread. Now where could I have left my sewing supplies?

Part 10.
Ivy: Wonderful, you found my Exotic Thread. This will hold the Exotic Fur together wonderfully. This is going to be the happiest Griffin in all the lands!
Ruler: Um...Ivy...are those Soft Blankets on your bed?
Ivy: Well...uh...I was thinking about what you were saying regarding testing them and you're right! So I took the initiative to test them myself.
Ruler: Uh huh... Well, I guess we have our Soft Blankets then.
Ivy: We can't give the Griffin Egg used goods! No hand-me-downs for this feathered fellow! Don't worry though -- we have plenty supplies to make more!

Part 11.
Ruler: The Griffin Roost looks great. Soon, we'll have a baby Griffin flying around the Kingdom!
Ivy: How exciting! Well done, team!
Ruler: Yes -- how would we have gotten this far without all of those amenities being *tested*?
Ivy: No idea! We'll accept nothing but the best for our feathered friend.
Ruler: Mhm...
Ivy: What?

SpiritWind00
A Grand Migration - Adventure and Inventory Information

Scale Griffin Peak
Adventure Requirement: 10 wheat, 2000 coin
Goal Names: 30 minutes in the Castle only
Speed up 2 gems
Drops: Forgotten egg | + glimmerdust, living wood, fish, Dark Cave Formation (in box crate), magic fruit
Notes of goal:

Items to add to the Inventory Guide:
Forgotten Egg
Info: an abandoned Griffin Egg found on Griffin Peak
Found: Scale Griffin Peak adventure
Uses:
Requirements:
Collection time:
Thread

+ 1 is a deco

item
Info: x
Crafted:
Found:
Uses:
Requirements:
Collection time:
Thread

item
Crafted:
Found:
Uses:
Requirements:
Collection time:
Thread

item
Crafted:
Found:
Uses:
Requirements:
Collection time:
Thread

SpiritWind00
A Grand Migration
Time zone converter (http://www.thetimezoneconverter.com): compare where you are with California

The Royal Griffin drops:

Fur
Rat Tail
Creep Tooth
Fey Crystal
Eggs
Wheat
Roast Chicken
Golden Egg
White Petal

The level 5 Griffin Roost will drop:

Golden Egg
Wheat
Roast Chicken
Griffin Egg
Stone

There are 2 Eggs associated with this Goal:
1. The Griffin Egg only drops from the adventure. It is not required for the event, it's just a bonus deco drop, like the coral decos from the Nagas
2. The Forgotten Egg is used to upgrade your Griffin Roost to level 2.
* The Royal Griffin, which is the prize for the event, will be available for additional purchase after you complete the event. Completing the event rewards you one Royal Griffin for free, and unlocks the Royal Griffin for purchase in the Market.

Link to goal pictures from ShibuyaCloth - click here (http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?92730-Castle-Story-7-07-Update-A-Grand-Migration-(TIMED-OPTIONAL)-*goals-in-post-1*&p=1318398&viewfull=1#post1318398)

Griffin Roost (limited timed event goal, level 17+) (2x2) limit 1 Cannot be sold
Info: A roost for Griffins to call home. Upgrade to level 5 and summon a royal Griffin to your Kingdom!
Collection time: 6 hours
Speed up: 12 gems
Drops: xx
Cost: 500 coin
Level 1/Build: 25 stone, 25 wood | +50/6 Hours
Level 2: 1 Forgotten Egg, 75 Griffin Feathers, 75 Nesting Twigs | +50/6 Hours
Level 3: 10 nesting straw, 10 sky stones, 15 living wood | +50/6 Hours
Level 4: 30 nestling straw, 25 sky stones, 15 Griffin food, 20 piles of seed | +50/6 Hours
Level 5: 65 nesting straw, 40 sky stones, 20 Griffin food, 5 Soft Blanket | coin/time

Griffin Feathers are 3 gems each
Nesting Twigs are 5 gems each (2-3 drop from each wheat)
Nesting Straw is 25 gems each on the upgrade screen
Sky Stone is 15 gems each on the upgrade screen
Griffin Food is 30 gems each on the upgrade screen
Worms are 5 gems each in the kitchen
Soft Blanket is 10 gems each in the Forge

Soft Blanket: 5 exotic thread, 5 griffin feathers, 15 wool | 2 hours, Magic Forge | speed up is x gems
Nesting Straw: 10 feathers, 7 twigs, 5 wheat | 1 hour, Workshop | speed up is 4 gems
Griffin Food: 20 worms, 10 roast chickens, 3 bacon | 2 hours, Kitchen | speed up is 6 gems

Griffin Feathers - Info: Mighty Griffin Feathers that have fallen during the Griffin migration
Worms - Info: Squirmy Worms found under Rocks!
Nesting Twigs - Info: Twigs used to build a nest.
Exotic Thread - Info: This luxurious thread can be used to weave Soft Blankets.

Goals:
Ivy: A roost is the perfect place for a Griffin to rest its wings. Let's put together our own!l
Part 1.
* Purchase the Griffin Roost 0/1 GO
* Build the Griffin Roost 0/1 GO
Rewards: 270 coin, 2 xp
Congratulations: Ivy: Well doesn't this look cozy!

Ivy: Griffins have called Griffin Peak home for years! You can find all sorts of neat things up there.
Part 2.
* Scale Griffin Peak 0/1 GO (skip 10 gems) | 10 wheat, 2000 coin, 30 minutes in the Castle only
* Search Griffin Peak for Anything Useful 0/1 FIND
Notes:
* You will find a Forgotten Egg from the adventure.
* The adventure unlocks in the castle to go on more adventures once you've completed this goal.
Congratulations: Ivy: Oh, good! You made it back safe and sound. Not that I thought you wouldn't, of course.

We'll need to fortify the Griffin Roost if we are going to protect this Griffin egg.
Part 3.
* Tend chickens 0/10 GO (skip 20 gems)
* Gather Griffin feathers 0/20 GO (skip 40 gems) | collect from chickens
* Harvest wheat 0/10 GO (skip 40 gems)
* Gather Nesting Twigs 0/20 GO (skip 80 gems) | harvest wheat
Notes: pink chickens, turkey chickens and glimmeregg chickens will not drop feathers
Congratulations: Ivy: Griffins use Nesting Twigs just like these to build their own nests!

If you are to hatch a healthy Griffin chick, you will need more Nesting Twigs and Griffin Feathers!
Part 4.
* Tend chickens 0/10 GO (skip 20 gems)
* Harvest wheat 0/10 GO (skip 40 gems)
* Upgrade Griffin Roost to Stage 2 0/1 GO | 1 Forgotten egg, 75 Griffin Feathers, 75 Nesting Twigs
Congratulations: Old Thomas: The Nesting Twigs make a strong foundation, and the Griffin feathers are nice and cozy!
Nesting Straw unlocked in the Workshop.

Ivy: Nesting Straw is a material we can use to warm up the roost a bit. It's not the most comfortable, but it'll do!
Part 5.
* Gather more Griffin Feathers 0/10 GO (skip 20 gems)
* Gather more Nesting Twigs 0/5 GO (skip 20 gems)
* Make Nesting Straw 0/1 (skip 20 gems) | 10 Griffin Feathers, 7 Nesting Twigs, 5 wheat | 1 hour, Workshop
Rewards: 1400 coin, 5 xp
Congratulations: Ivy: This Nesting Straw is Ivy-approved!

The Baron said that Griffins are royal creatures, meaning we should treat ours like royalty!
Part 6.
* Return to Griffin Peak 0/5 GO (skip 50 gems)
* Collect 10 Sky Stones 0/10 GO (skip 100 gems) | from Scale Griffin Peak adventure
* Upgrade Griffin Roost to Stage 3 0/1 GO | 15 living wood, 10 Nesting Straw, 10 Sky Stone
Congratulations: Ivy: These Sky Stones will make the perfect embellishments to make the Griffin feel right a home!

Worms are a tasty treat for Griffins! I'm sure we can find some under any old rock.
Part 7.
* Mine Rocks 0/20 GO (skip 60 gems)
* Find Worms 0/20 GO (skip 80 gems) | chop rocks
* Make Griffin Food 0/1 GO (skip 25 gems) | 20 worms, 10 roast chickens, 3 bacon | 2 hours, Kitchen | speed up is 6 gems
* Upgrade Griffin Roost to Stage 4 0/1 GO | 30 nestling straw, 25 sky stones, 15 Griffin food, 20 piles of seed
Congratulations: Don't be squeamish! These worms are packed full of protein!

You can begin crafting the requirements for Part 10 now - your progress will register.

Ivy: Griffins use their feathers to keep warm, but our Griffin egg is going to need some help keeping warm!
Part 8.
* Ask for Exotic Fur 0/10 ASK (skip 80 gems)
* Have Stables 0/2
* Give Hot Peppers 0/25 GIVE (skip 25 gems)
Congratulations: Ivy: Ohh, how soft!

Ivy : This Exotic Fur will make a luxurious Soft Blanket! We'll need some Exotic Thread to sew it together.
Part 9.
* Visit Stables 0/5 GO (skip 40 gems)
* Collect Exotic Thread 0/5 GO (skip 40 gems) | 1-2 drops per collection from Stables ONLY
Congratulations: Ivy: Exotic Thread is extra strong -- perfect for holding together a blanket for a mighty creature like the Griffin.

Ivy: Now that the Soft Blankets have been tested and approved by yours truly -- we'll need to make more!
Part 10.
* Weave Soft Blankets 0/3 GO (skip 120 gems) | 5 Exotic Threads, 5 Griffin Feathers, 15 wool | 2 hours Magic Forge
* Make Nesting Straw 0/30 GO (skip 600 gems)
* Collect Sky Stones 0/10 GO (skip )
* Make Griffin Food 0/5 GO (skip 125 gems)
Rewards: 2400 coin, 7 xp
Congratulations: Ivy: Soft Blankets will make the Griffin feel right at home! I'm feeling warm and fuzzy just thinking about it.

Ivy: All this hard work sure is worth it! Soon enough we'll have a cute Griffin roaming around the Kingdom.
Part 11.
* Upgrade Griffin Roost to Stage 5 0/1 GO | 65 nesting straw, 40 sky stones, 20 Griffin food, 5 Soft Blanket
Items made in Part 10 count towards the amounts needed!!!
Rewards: 2400 coin, 7xp
Congratulations: Oh look! The Griffin Egg has finally hatched!

This may help you work out what you can craft before so you don't make too many (is that even likely!):)
MAKE 3 Soft Blanket for Part 10; HAVE another 2 to upgrade | 5 in total
MAKE 30 Nesting Straw for Part 10; HAVE another 35 to upgrade | 65 in total
HAVE 10 Sky Stones for Part 10; HAVE another 30 to upgrade | 40 in total
MAKE 5 Griffin Food for Part 10; HAVE another 15 to upgrade | 20 in total

sourp4tch
07-07-16, 10:07 AM
Grand creatures have taken to the skies, My Liege! Roosted high upon yonder mountain, the time has come for them to descend and cross our great kingdom. In time, they will make their magnificent journey across the skies, in search of their winter home! Fortune has placed this path well in our reach for opportune viewing. Follow me up to that precarious peak, and we may catch sight of them! If we miss this rare chance, you may come to regret it! Now, what to do with all these feathers everywhere... ?

[==Update requires Level 17+, and is live from 07/07 until 07/18 @ 4pm.==]

I've been playing a game! Have you figured out this week's answer? The answer is: GRIFFIN

sourp4tch
07-07-16, 12:24 PM
Update is live! Hope you all enjoy the event :D

stargaze91
07-07-16, 12:29 PM
32196 3219832197

kdgulle
07-07-16, 12:30 PM
Part one
Buy the Griffin Roost 500 coins I think
Build the roost 25 wood and 25 stone

Part 2 scale griffin peak. It's an adventure not sure what it entails yet
Search Griffin peak for anything useful.

stargaze91
07-07-16, 12:30 PM
Griffin roost needs 25 wood and 25 stones

NorthWoodsKingdom
07-07-16, 12:31 PM
I'm excited about the addition of a Griffin (hooray!!, asked for that forever ago, lol) but am confused by the drops from the Fireworks Griffin (Baron's Tent prize) and curious if this one is also gonna drop NAGA stuff or if the drops from the Fireworks Griffin will be changed.
(Why is *any* Griffin dropping the same stuff as a sea creature anyway???)

kschlag
07-07-16, 12:35 PM
I'm wondering if the roost adventure is available from the barracks, or only the keep/court? It's just a few gems to speed up my barracks right now, but if it can only be done from the castle I'll have to wait for morning.

PrincessCupOButter
07-07-16, 12:36 PM
I don't know if it's extreme luck or what, but I got the Griffins egg on the first scale the roost adventure.

PrincessCupOButter
07-07-16, 12:37 PM
I'm wondering if the adventure is available from the barracks, or only the keep/court? It's just a few gems to speed up my barracks right now, but if it can only be done from the castle I'll have to wait for morning.

It's in the castle only. :-(

kschlag
07-07-16, 12:39 PM
It's in the castle only. :-(

Thank you! I suspected as much since the last limited adventure was castle only too.

stargaze91
07-07-16, 12:39 PM
I got my griffin egg on first try too

sourp4tch
07-07-16, 12:42 PM
I'm excited about the addition of a Griffin (hooray!!, asked for that forever ago, lol) but am confused by the drops from the Fireworks Griffin (Baron's Tent prize) and curious if this one is also gonna drop NAGA stuff or if the drops from the Fireworks Griffin will be changed.
(Why is *any* Griffin dropping the same stuff as a sea creature anyway???)

Sounds like a bug @__@ I'll take a look!

NorthWoodsKingdom
07-07-16, 12:46 PM
Oh! ..thanks so much for checking it out for us, sourp4tch! :D

PrincessCupOButter
07-07-16, 12:49 PM
I'm waiting for my wheat to grow and my chickens to lay again, but noticed the adventure remains in the keep, so I went ahead and sent out another one. Curious to see what, if anything comes back.

I too am curious about the fireworks griffin dropping Naga fins etc......but it gave me a coral ridge this morning, so I'm not complaining. Lol

GaSaKaDa
07-07-16, 12:51 PM

Next stage, checking chickens and harvesting wheat!

hexappeal
07-07-16, 12:51 PM
To scale the peak
10 Wheat
2000 coins
30 minutes

MiniLaura
07-07-16, 12:54 PM
Note: Pink Chickens don't seem to drop feathers. At least my five pink chickens did not on the first collection.
Putting regular chickens out now.

NorthWoodsKingdom
Note: Pink Chickens don't seem to drop feathers. At least my five pink chickens did not on the first collection.
Neither do the Glimmeregg chicks.

stargaze91
I'm waiting for my wheat to grow and my chickens to lay again, but noticed the adventure remains in the keep, so I went ahead and sent out another one. Curious to see what, if anything comes back.

I too am curious about the fireworks griffin dropping Naga fins etc......but it gave me a coral ridge this morning, so I'm not complaining. Lol the adventure gave 1 g dust first time , 1 LW second time

OnlyOneRamoth
07-07-16, 12:57 PM

I wondered the same thing. Eggs, for example, would seem like a more logical choice...GOLDEN of course.

PrincessCupOButter
07-07-16, 12:58 PM

I am pretty sure the turkey chicken did not drop any feathers either.

katbtodd
07-07-16, 12:59 PM
I am pretty sure the turkey chicken did not drop on either.

Nope it did not drop

PrincessCupOButter
07-07-16, 01:00 PM
the adventure gave 1 g dust first time , 1 LW second time

Thanks! I may just wait to collect until it is required again, since I'm maxed on those things.

Solientus
07-07-16, 01:02 PM
Part 3 wants 20 feathers(chicken drop)/10 chicken pets and 20 nesting twigs(wheat drop)/10 wheat harvests.
From the 9 chickens I've tapped so far I've only gotten 10 feathers.
I can only assume drop rate is the same for the 20 nesting twigs, I've planted over 20 wheat to be on the safe side.

Just an FYI since they do take 2 hours to grow.

stargaze91
07-07-16, 01:07 PM
Thanks! I may just wait to collect until it is required again, since I'm maxed on those things.

Third time got 1 fish ;) I don't even know why I'm still speeding up..

Solientus
07-07-16, 01:32 PM
I just got a heads up from ruler Doobie Villa on my wall in game and thought I'd share. They said to take a look in the Magic Forge and Workshop for future items required. Scroll down to the greyed out/"locked by goal" items.

In the Magic Forge is Soft Blanket: 5 twine(? I can't really tell what the picture is of), 5 feathers, 15 wool.
(If anyone can post what that twine picture really is or has any info on it, that'd be great, thanks)
In the Workshop is Nesting Straw: 10 feathers, 7 twigs, 5 wheat.
I'm gonna go ahead and guess these are used for upgrading the Nest they made us build.

So although Glimmeregg bunnies don't drop feathers, they do drop wool...in case you aren't maxed, you may want to start petting the bunnies. I've also put out all my chickens(feathers) and planted even more wheat(twigs) just incase.

I don't plan on gemming through much, I only used 2 to skip the 30 minute Castle adventure, but for now this is a bit of a heads up till more infos can be had from any gem pioneers! Thanks in advance to you guys. Helped a ton last event.

zyfazix
07-07-16, 01:48 PM
On the old Android app I can see the Royal Griffin and Griffin Roost in the market, but I don't see any new goals in the book. Do I have to update to the latest version to get the goals?

alilfuzzy
07-07-16, 01:59 PM
Also I saw that in the kitchen is a new item added. - Griffin food - which needs 10 roast chickens, 3 bacon and 20 of ???(cannot see past the lock symbol)

Solientus
07-07-16, 02:02 PM
On the old Android app I can see the Royal Griffin and Griffin Roost in the market, but I don't see any new goals in the book. Do I have to update to the latest version to get the goals?

I'm gonna guess with yes but I don't really know. If you've already tried force closing and are level 17 and up and the intro the text doesn't automatically pop up when loading in, then updating version is probably your issue.

Solientus
07-07-16, 02:05 PM
Also I saw that in the kitchen is a new item added. - Griffin food - which needs 10 roast chickens, 3 bacon and 20 of ???(cannot see past the lock symbol)
Nice catch, but yeah I can't tell either. Glad to be rid of all my roast chickens though!

Part four:Tend another 10 chickens, Harvest 10 more wheat, Upgrade Griffin Roost to Stage 2

Upgrading the Roost to level 2: 1 Forgotten egg (from your 30 min Castle adventure earlier), 75 Griffin Feathers, 75 Nesting Twigs

stargaze91
07-07-16, 02:12 PM
Got a griffin egg deco from adventure

zyfazix
07-07-16, 02:18 PM
I'm gonna guess with yes but I don't really know. If you've already tried force closing and are level 17 and up and the intro the text doesn't automatically pop up when loading in, then updating version is probably your issue.

After a game restart, device restart, and clearing all stored data; no goals. Level is not the issue since I'm at level 39

ktorewqas
07-07-16, 02:19 PM
Got a griffin egg deco from adventuredecoration? I got a forgotten egg and it's material type.

katbtodd
07-07-16, 02:25 PM
32207 32208
Which egg do we really need ,or,does it matter

stargaze91
07-07-16, 02:27 PM
decoration? I got a forgotten egg and it's material type.

I got that too...from the first adventure..the deco came from subsequent adventures
I have it next to my griffin nest, if you want to see it

NorthWoodsKingdom
07-07-16, 02:30 PM
Got a griffin egg deco from adventure
Me, too! ...wheeeee! :)

ETA: For those who are curious, this is a decoration from a box crate & can be placed on the board, different from the Forgotten Egg that drops & is needed for the Roost upgrade.

Sandybellee
07-07-16, 02:33 PM
Shoot! My castle is busy until tomorrow morning! Oh well, I should go to bed already anyways. :p

katbtodd
07-07-16, 02:36 PM
Are we going to get more then one egg I see so far there two different ones

NorthWoodsKingdom
07-07-16, 02:39 PM
Are we going to get more then one egg I see so far there two different ones
One is a material needed for Roost upgrade... The other one is a decoration to place on the board.

kdgulle
07-07-16, 02:43 PM
Part 4
Tend 10 chickens
Harvest 10 wheat
Upgrade roost 1 forgotten egg, 75 feathers, 75 nesting sticks.

meme1098
07-07-16, 02:51 PM
Part 4
Tend 10 chickens
Harvest 10 wheat
Upgrade roost 1 forgotten egg, 75 feathers, 75 nesting sticks.

So keep tapping those chickens & planting wheat. :(

zyfazix
07-07-16, 02:56 PM
Updating the app now. Hopefully I won't regret this since I'm playing on an 'older' device (Sony XPeria SP)

I really just want to take part in this event, griffins are so cute

katbtodd
07-07-16, 02:59 PM

ShibuyaCloth
07-07-16, 03:00 PM
Updating the app now. Hopefully I won't regret this since I'm playing on an 'older' device (Sony XPeria SP)

I really just want to take part in this event, griffins are so cute

I am playing on a 1st gen iPhone 4 & iPad 1, so you should be ok.

kdgulle
07-07-16, 03:01 PM
So keep tapping those chickens & planting wheat. :(
Unfortunately yes, seems like the plan.

There are new crafts in the workshop, forge, kitchen. Lots of collecting.

zyfazix
07-07-16, 03:03 PM
I am playing on a 1st gen iPhone 4 & iPad 1, so you should be ok.

So far it's not okay. First time opening after the update I managed to place and build the Roost before it kicked me out. 2nd time I saw some of my buildings before I was sent packing. I'll try again tomorrow when my phone has cooled and is back at full charge. Bedtime anyway ;)

(in the meantime I found Castle Story Winter in the store, I'm guessing that should still work...)

ladyperidot
07-07-16, 03:10 PM

I can't either. I'm guessing it's something we have to find or get later in this quest as it says I have 0/20 of it and since I have at least 1 of everything we can currently grow or make...

katbtodd
07-07-16, 03:29 PM

kdgulle
07-07-16, 03:32 PM
Part 5
Gather 10 Griffin feathers
Gather 10 more nesting twigs
Make 1 nesting straw skip 20 gems - 1 hour.

kolakid
07-07-16, 03:53 PM

20 Worms from mining rocks

ginerp
07-07-16, 04:39 PM
Oh joy. More wheat.

kdgulle
07-07-16, 04:44 PM
Part 6
Return to Griffen Peak 5 times
Collect 10 sky stones from Griffens peak.
Upgrade roost to level 3 15 living wood. 10 nesting straws. 10 sky stones.
1st collection one sky stone.
2nd collection 1 sky stone Griffen egg deco.
3rd collection 1 sky stone
4th collection 1 sky stone 1 fish

Looks like we will need to do 10 of these.

figththefire
07-07-16, 05:14 PM
Why Griffin food isn't available in third kitchen? That would be good

ktorewqas
07-07-16, 05:28 PM
I got that too...from the first adventure..the deco came from subsequent adventures
I have it next to my griffin nest, if you want to see it

Me, too! ...wheeeee! :)

ETA: For those who are curious, this is a decoration from a box crate & can be placed on the board, different from the Forgotten Egg that drops & is needed for the Roost upgrade.
:D After tried to get rid of these wheat, I finally got the decoration egg :D

moonchild1987
07-07-16, 05:32 PM
Griffin Peak adventure just dropped a magic fruit and silver ore.

xtinem070672
07-07-16, 05:43 PM
Anyone tried getting a second griffin egg to raise? Or can we only have one royal griffin?

figththefire
07-07-16, 05:55 PM
Anyone tried getting a second griffin egg to raise? Or can we only have one royal griffin?

My nbr said you get One for free as a reward and additional in market for 400 gems

Solientus
07-07-16, 06:31 PM
Part 5
Gather 10 Griffin feathers
Gather 10 more nesting twigs
Make 1 nesting straw skip 20 gems - 1 hour.

My part 5 asks for 10 feathers and 5 nesting twigs. Doesn't really matter, such a small difference but thought I'd share.

*Btw I've been getting between 1-5 twigs drop from one wheat pick but I'll have to watch closer next time. It might have been two collections of wheat (a drop of 2 and drop of 3 combined or some such). Haven't noticed if feathers also drop up to 5 as well or if they're the normal 1-3. *

sourp4tch
07-07-16, 06:34 PM
My nbr said you get One for free as a reward and additional in market for 400 gems

Clarification here!

The Griffin Egg only drops from the adventure. It is not required for the event, it's just a bonus deco drop, like the coral decos from the Nagas :)
The Royal Griffin, which is the prize for the event, will be available for additional purchase after you complete the event. Completing the event rewards you one Royal Griffin for free, and unlocks the Royal Griffin for purchase in the Market.

Hope you all enjoy the event! We'll be continuing to gather everyone's thoughts and feedback so we can keep making them even better for you guys :) <3

Solientus
07-07-16, 06:49 PM
Hope you all enjoy the event! We'll be continuing to gather everyone's thoughts and feedback so we can keep making them even better for you guys :) <3
So far it all seems very manageable. I was lucky I didn't have my castle tied up doing a 24 hour mission. I also stopped using energy before the event rolled out so I was able to jump right into collections as well. 😃

xtinem070672
07-07-16, 07:03 PM

federerGOAT
07-07-16, 07:06 PM
Twiddling my thumbs.
Still have another 7 hours to wait until I can do the adventure.:(

kdgulle
07-07-16, 07:12 PM
My part 5 asks for 10 feathers and 5 nesting twigs. Doesn't really matter, such a small difference but thought I'd share.

*Btw I've been getting between 1-5 twigs drop from one wheat pick but I'll have to watch closer next time. It might have been two collections of wheat (a drop of 2 and drop of 3 combined or some such). Haven't noticed if feathers also drop up to 5 as well or if they're the normal 1-3. *
I might of misread it.

robotparade
07-07-16, 07:27 PM
Can the griffin roost be stored once you build it? I really don't need yet another unstorable, unattractive item on my board.

figththefire
07-07-16, 07:28 PM
Will the Griffin be in market now all the time or only for limited time?

gilachaya
07-07-16, 07:41 PM
Part 7:

Worms are a tasty treat. I'm sure we can find them under any old rock.

Mine rocks (20 taps)
Find 20 worms (from rocks)
Make 1 Griffin food (20 worms, 10 roast chicken, 3 bacon)
Upgrade Griffin nest to level 4

Griffin nest
To upgrade to level 4:

16 Griffin food
25 sky stones
30 nestling straw
20 piles of seed

GlvtenFree
07-07-16, 08:22 PM
You can store the griffin roost after initial build

netwiz3
07-07-16, 08:34 PM
Part 7:

Worms are a tasty treat. I'm sure we can find them under any old rock.

Mine rocks (20 taps)
Find 20 worms (from rocks)
Make 1 Griffin food (20 worms, 10 roast chicken, 3 bacon)
Upgrade Griffin nest to level 4

Griffin nest
To upgrade to level 4:

16 Griffin food
25 sky stones
30 nestling straw
20 piles of seed

Hmmm. 16 Griffin food? That's a lot of tapping on Rocks.

riverly
07-07-16, 09:07 PM
That does sound like a lot of rock tapping. I plan on using a lot of coal for earth wisps and maybe forging silver ore into mitherl.
So far I haven't found a use for all the wheat that we're harvesting. I'll have to take another look in my kitchens.

PrincessCupOButter
07-07-16, 09:13 PM
That does sound like a lot of rock tapping. I plan on using a lot of coal for earth wisps and maybe forging silver ore into mitherl.
So far I haven't found a use for all the wheat that we're harvesting. I'll have to take another look in my kitchens.

I'm using up a lot of wheat going on the adventure. For. One. Stone. At. A. Time. Grrrr! And the straw uses wheat also, I started out with 135, have harvested I don't even know how much, and have less than 70 right now.

I can't see how we will have a use for all those rocks though, but I am looking forward to the coal too. Restocking wisps and lanterns.

Oh and all those eggs! Does anyone need any fresh eggs? Lol

riverly
07-07-16, 09:17 PM
Ohhhh! Sky stones? I haven't gotten that far yet. I wonder if they start dropping for me now.

PrincessCupOButter
07-07-16, 09:21 PM
Ohhhh! Sky stones? I haven't gotten that far yet. I wonder if they start dropping for me now.

I didn't have any drop until after the requirement opened up...I hope the drop rate increases though. It's like the forest seeds part 2. :( And it looks like we will be needing a bunch of them.

Gaillock
07-07-16, 09:23 PM
Hi,

I started the MIGRATION 1 Kingdom Goal by purchasing the Griffin Roost, however, the Jousting Arena appeared on my board with the goals for it even though it says Migration Part 1 at the top. It doesn't show that I purchased the Griffin Roost at all. It still appears in the Kingdom Goals with a 0/1 Go button. Is this a glitch that has happened to anyone else? Should I contact Storm8Support or will someone here be able to help me?
Thanks.

PrincessCupOButter
07-07-16, 09:27 PM
Hi,

I started the MIGRATION 1 Kingdom Goal by purchasing the Griffin Roost, however, the Jousting Arena appeared on my board with the goals for it even though it says Migration Part 1 at the top. It doesn't show that I purchased the Griffin Roost at all. It still appears in the Kingdom Goals with a 0/1 Go button. Is this a glitch that has happened to anyone else? Should I contact Storm8Support or will someone here be able to help me?
Thanks.

I think that will probably require support. But just in case, did you try force closing the app and reopening it? If so, and it didn't help, try sending a private message to Spiritwind or Sourp4tch, (include your ticket number from support). Hopefully they can get you on the fast track with support, since it's a timed event. Good luck!

riverly
07-07-16, 09:27 PM
Good grief. Thanks for the info. You're right about part deux. 30 minute collections means checking in on the game a lot!!!

Gaillock
07-07-16, 09:42 PM
Thanks for your advice. I appreciate it.

figththefire
07-07-16, 09:53 PM
Hmmm. 16 Griffin food? That's a lot of tapping on Rocks.

I believe it's 15.

PrincessCupOButter
07-07-16, 09:54 PM
Thanks for your advice. I appreciate it.

You're welcome. Sorry I couldn't be more help.

For curiousity's sake, did you try clicking the go button? If so, what happened? Is the griffin roost still showing in the market? If it is, I think I would try buying it again just to see what happens.
It sounds like you may have triggered the jousting arena quest at the same time as you started this one, and it caused a glitch somehow.

moonchild1987
07-07-16, 10:43 PM

I wrote down a note to help with overflow for this event. I've been doing this during recent events and I have finally started a good stockpile on some items. I will share it in hopes to help some of the lower-mid level players. High level players are probably maxed on a lot of these items.

Eggs (First item uses excess item, the next one uses the first item, the third uses the second item)
Noodles-Spaghetti-Hearty Feast (Can use noodles for Spicy Feast, I wouldn't recommend this due to the amount of Roasted Chicken needed later)
Ice Cream-Royal Sundae-Sweet Feast (This also uses Silver Platter, see below)
Breakfast Buffet (Be cautious making these, you will need bacon later on)
Egg/Milk Trade

Wheat-haven't had a problem with this because both the adventure and nesting straw uses it. I wouldn't recommend doing extra adventures before sky stones prompt, you can get the griffin egg deco along with sky stones. It seems like wasted wheat for one of this or that, especially if you're maxed on a lot of items.

Stone
Stone Blocks-Fancy Blocks (If you're maxed on both, maybe try to do some building upgrades)

Coal
Earth Wisp
(I think there is also an alchemy in the forge that uses this to make jewels or something of the sort, but I'm not sure it's helpful unless you're low on jewels or whatever the item is...)

Iron Ore, Silver Ore, and Jewels
Longswords
Light Armor
Silver Platter (Sweet Feast)
Royal Blocks/Beams
Ornate Blocks
Alchemy:Silver to Mithril (Thanks riverly, I totally forgot about this. Gonna have to do a couple of these)

Also, check out the decorations in the workshop, some of these can use excess items.

Gaillock
07-07-16, 11:14 PM
I tried it & it worked! Thanks so much!

zyfazix
07-08-16, 12:15 AM
So far it's not okay. First time opening after the update I managed to place and build the Roost before it kicked me out. 2nd time I saw some of my buildings before I was sent packing. I'll try again tomorrow when my phone has cooled and is back at full charge. Bedtime anyway ;)

(in the meantime I found Castle Story Winter in the store, I'm guessing that should still work...)

Nope, absolutely nothing. Castle Story: Winter works so I'll be playing on that version from now on. Have fun in this event everyone, I've been forced out of it :(

minoalibrary
07-08-16, 06:02 AM
"Griffin Feathers are 3 gems each (2-3 drop from each wheat)
Nesting Twigs are 5 gems each"

SpiritWind, this is in Post#1, but don't the Feathers come from tending chickens and the Twigs from wheat?

oops! fixed :) SW

ktorewqas
07-08-16, 06:26 AM
I hope there is no lvl 6 or more:rolleyes:

PrincessCupOButter
07-08-16, 06:49 AM
I chopped a large rock outcropping and got 14 worms from 20 chops. Small rock piles yielded 5 worms for 5 chops.
I didn't try iron rich rock yet, but the small rock piles seem more energy efficient for the potential return.

Yet another extreme energy-intense quest. Sigh.

Early feedback:
I love that there are new crafts and things to cook, and I love having something to do. I'm also grateful that many of the collections are useful this time. (Wheat from the twigs is used for adventures and nesting materials. Roast chickens from feather collecting used for food, etc)

But yet again, I don't want to have to play literally around the clock. A 30 minute adventure that drops one sky stone, is tedious, not fun. Make the adventure longer, requiring more materials and increase the drops.
Same for the worms. 15 Griffin food @20 worms per food is 300 energy to collect the worms alone. And that's only IF we get a worm for every chop, which the large outcropping did not yield, in my experience. (I'm able to check in often enough to chop a small rock every 30 minutes or so....but I don't want to and shouldn't have to.) And then there's also harvesting insane amounts of wheat and plucking our poor chickens to death for feathers and roasting! :eek:.
I do realize the goal is to 'encourage' people to spend money buying energy or skipping ahead, but it has the added side-effect of frustrating players, and when I'm frustrated I tend to tighten the purse strings rather than loosening them. Just something to think about.

sipland
07-08-16, 07:47 AM
I chopped one of each kind of rock piles:

Iron Rich Rock $5200 - 8 chops 6 worms (75%)
Small Rock Pile 5 chops $800 - 4 worms (80%)
Rock Outcropping 20 chops $2200 - 17 worms (85%)

I'm guessing it won't make much difference in the long run, and will depend on whether you are trying to save coins.

ETA - I'm short on iron so I've chopped 2 more Iron Rich Rocks.
3 Iron Rich Rocks yielded 19 worms (79%).

ladyperidot
07-08-16, 08:04 AM

Make flour and then combine with all those eggs to make noodles for spicy feasts!

Stymie52
07-08-16, 08:19 AM
Storm8, love the Grand Migration quest. It all seems very doable. Love the Royal Griffin too. As always, thanks to everyone who helps us through these goals. Very enjoyable!

ktorewqas
07-08-16, 08:27 AM

I'm guessing it won't make much difference in the long run, and will depend on whether you are trying to save coins.

3 Iron Rich Rocks yielded 19 worms (79%).i got similar numbers with the small and big rock. Did not try iron rich rock but I think they are the same so I will stick to the big one.

puzzlecatz
07-08-16, 09:12 AM
I am wondering if you can have more than one griffin

nateryd
07-08-16, 09:15 AM
Holy wheat planting and collecting and plucking chickens and chipping at rocks! I think I have a good little store of them and all of sudden I'm out of wheat, feathers, worms and bacon again! Hahah
This is going to keep me very busy! I think I might actually run out money on this one! With all the rocks I'm buying!

undead30k
07-08-16, 09:46 AM
I wrote down a note to help with overflow for this event. I've been doing this during recent events and I have finally started a good stockpile on some items. I will share it in hopes to help some of the lower-mid level players. High level players are probably maxed on a lot of these items.

Stone
Stone Blocks-Fancy Blocks (If you're maxed on both, maybe try to do some building upgrades)

Great write up. I would add that you may want to try ornate blocks but keep your workshops free because you need them for the nests. I am maxed on stones but it doesn't bother me because rocks drop jewels, iron ore, silver ore, and coal.

nateryd
07-08-16, 10:03 AM
I wouldn't do to much building upgrades with your extra rocks and all that... You need the workshops too much for the nests. Unless you have the tinker shop :) Because you can't do any of the event stuff in there

xtinem070672
07-08-16, 10:13 AM
I am wondering if you can have more than one griffin

Check out post #1. Short answer, yes. Eventually. :p

CocoMom101
07-08-16, 10:19 AM
This is not a timed event. Is that correct? It is just another standard story line?

The timer just popped up for me - it says 11 days now so it must be a 12 day event.

Solientus
07-08-16, 10:24 AM
Early feedback:
30 minute adventure that drops one sky stone, is tedious, not fun. Make the adventure longer, requiring more materials and increase the drops.
Same for the worms.

15 Griffin food @20 worms per food is 300 energy to collect the worms alone.

I'm with ya Princess!

Regarding the adventure I definitely agree there should be a 2 or 4 hour version with requirements such as:
30 min: 10 wheat, 2k gold (drops 1-2 stones)
2 hour: 35 wheat, 20 eggs, 8.5k gold (drops 4-7 stones)
4 hour: 60 wheat, 40 eggs, 30 roast chicken, 17.5k gold (drops 8-13 stones)

Basically the 2 and/or 4 hour version would require more mats and gold because you wouldn't be using the extra 4 or 8 energy (based on tap every 30 min). Reducing wheat required since caps are only 99 and it would be a little absurd to ask for a nearly full stack of something, I added another ingredient to still make sure we're giving up mats from inventory.
Also a slight increase in gold required and all of a sudden there's a viable and relatively fair option for those players who can't check their kingdom every half hour/hour. I think something along those lines for all events requiring items from Adventures would be a nice gesture for those with limited game time.

As far as the Griffin food. I think something more like 8-12worms per food would keep drop requirements more in line with other craftable recipes in this event.
For example the Nesting Straw recipe requires 10 feathers, 7 twigs, and wheat. It doesnt seem as fair that double the amount (worms) be required when it isn't the only item in the recipe (chicken and bacon are still needed to craft recipe).

It'll be fun to get this new Griffin. I think a few tweaks will make this event a little more doable.
It will still be energy intensive (so as to not make any future Energy/ingredient pack sales unattractive) but I feel more rulers will be able to complete this event without feeling as stressed.

peachtreeshoppe
07-08-16, 10:51 AM
Once I get to level 3, I will have used all my 99 wheat in storage plus all that I can collect just to make straw for the upgrade and go on the adventure to get 10 stones for the upgrade.

Then I figure with 40 energy every 2 hrs, I can basically collect one adventure, collect 14 feathers, harvest 15 wheat, and either make two nesting straw and tap 8 rocks or no nesting straw and tap 10 rocks. That's 40. If I do that seven times a day, and use wizarding school 60 energy a day to tap more rocks, I will have what I need to upgrade to L4 in 4 full days.

Despite the short adventure timer, there is no checking every half hour unless you have tons of extra energy from animals. You can't get the resources you need any faster, so just space them out to every 2 hrs.

meme1098
07-08-16, 10:52 AM
Agree, bingo & Solientus! Why 30-minute adventures all the time? 2 hour adventures are much more doable for most players, a lot of them actually have a job & work, you know. I'm retired now for a few years but it's still too much for even me.

peachtreeshoppe
07-08-16, 11:12 AM
Agree, bingo & Solientus! Why 30-minute adventures all the time? 2 hour adventures are much more doable for most players, a lot of them actually have a job & work, you know. I'm retired now for a few years but it's still too much for even me.

But how can you even acquire 10 wheat to go on the adventure every 30 minutes? You'd have 0 energy left for any of the other tasks (chic, rocks, crafting). I'm maxed on wheat now but by the upgrade, I'll be wiped out!

Considering most players are likely in a similar boat of relying on time to refill energy and maybe a wizarding school or two, it makes no difference whether the adventure is 30 min or 2 hrs. At least with 30 minutes I can do it twice in the morning before I get my day going.

Solientus
07-08-16, 11:42 AM
But how can you even acquire 10 wheat to go on the adventure every 30 minutes? You'd have 0 energy left for any of the other tasks (chic, rocks, crafting). I'm maxed on wheat now but by the upgrade, I'll be wiped out!

...make no difference whether the adventure is 30 min or 2 hrs. At least with 30 minutes I can do it twice in the morning before I get my day going.

Myself, I try to pick a few wheats first (before chickens or rocks) since I have completed Knowledge Shard-Farmers Badge and have a chance for a bonus energy from harvest. This helps me get an extra tap or two in.

As far as the time for Adventures, in your case for example, you could do one 30 min one then set up a 2 hour one for while you're away from the game. So instead of 2-4 stones for the two 30 min ones you do in the morning, **you could potentially get 5-9 stones by the next time you're able to check in** (as long as stones drops are reasonably scaling with time/length of Adventure.
Whether that's at lunch time or when you get home, you're that much closer to your goal even though you weren't baby sitting your game.

ktorewqas
07-08-16, 11:45 AM
To lvl 4 we need 475 griffin feathers, 355 twigs, 550 wheat, 300 worms, 150 roasted chickens, & 45 bacons. So we would need around 500 energy for wheat, 300+ energy for worms! and 400 on chickens ...and others... Seriously, I hope lvl 5 is max level :p have fun ;)

meme1098
07-08-16, 11:50 AM
To lvl 7 we need 475 griffin feathers, 355 twigs, 550 wheat, 300 worms, 150 roasted chickens, & 45 bacons. So we would need around 500 energy for wheat, 300+ energy for worms! and 400 on chickens ...and others... Seriously, I hope lvl 5 is max level :p have fun ;)

Whoa! There's a level 7?

I see you edited the post to read level 4. Don't scare me like that, ktorewqas...lol

ktorewqas
07-08-16, 11:50 AM
Whoa! There's a level 7?sorry, task 7 lol

meme1098
07-08-16, 11:54 AM
Ya had me scared there for a minute. ;)

ktorewqas
07-08-16, 12:04 PM
Ya had me scared there for a minute. ;)
If there is a lvl 7, i would be scared too ;)

ShibuyaCloth
07-08-16, 12:08 PM
http://www.portailsmm.com/cs/rsc/thumb20096.png_2v_31020.png
Search Griffin Peak
Type: Adventure
Source: Event
Crafted in: Keep
Requirements: 10 Wheat, 2000 Coin
Drops: Fish, Forgotten Egg, Glimmerdust
Events: A Grand Migration - July 2016
Timer: 30 minutes
Speed-up: 3 gems
Link: http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?92730
Comments: Journey to the home of the Griffins!

http://www.portailsmm.com/cs/rsc/thumb20097.png_2v_31020.png
Exotic Fur
Type: Material
Found: Neighbor

http://www.portailsmm.com/cs/rsc/thumb211000.png_2v_31020.png
Griffin Roost L1 (http://www.portailsmm.com/cs/inventory2.html#_GriffinRoostL1)
Info: A roost for Griffins to call home. Upgrade to level 5 and summon a Royal Griffin to your Kingdom!
Type: Building
Size: 2x2
Requirements: 500 coins // 25 Stone, 25 Wood
Drops: Coins
Timer: 360 minutes // 6 hours
Speed-up: 12 gems

http://www.portailsmm.com/cs/rsc/thumb211001.png_2v_31020.png
Griffin Roost L2 (http://www.portailsmm.com/cs/inventory2.html#_GriffinRoostL2)
Info: A roost for Griffins to call home. Upgrade to level 5 and summon a Royal Griffin to your Kingdom!
Requirements: 1 Forgotten Egg , 75 Griffin Feather, 75 Nesting Twig

http://www.portailsmm.com/cs/rsc/thumb211002.png_2v_31020.png
Griffin Roost L3 (http://www.portailsmm.com/cs/inventory2.html#_GriffinRoostL3)
Requirements: 15 Living Wood, 10 Nesting Straw, 10 Sky Stone

http://www.portailsmm.com/cs/rsc/thumb211003.png_2v_31020.png
Griffin Roost L4 (http://www.portailsmm.com/cs/inventory2.html#_GriffinRoostL4)
Requirements: 15 Griffin Food, 25 Sky Stone, 30 Nestling Straw, 20 Pile of Seeds

http://www.portailsmm.com/cs/rsc/thumb211004.png_2v_31020.png
Griffin Roost L5 (http://www.portailsmm.com/cs/inventory2.html#_GriffinRoostL5)
Requirements: 5 Soft Blanket, 40 Sky Stones, 20 Griffin Food, 65 Nesting Straw
Drops: Coins, Wheat

http://www.portailsmm.com/cs/rsc/thumb906046.png_2v_31020.png
Royal Griffin (http://www.portailsmm.com/cs/inventory2.html#_RoyalGriffin)
Info: A Royal Griffin hatched from the Forgotten Griffin Egg!
Type: Decoration
Size: 1x1
Requirements: 400 gems
Drops: Coins, Creep Tooth
Timer: 60 minutes // 1 hour
Speed-up: 4 gems

http://www.portailsmm.com/cs/rsc/thumb50604.png_2v_31020.png
Forgotten Egg (http://www.portailsmm.com/cs/inventory2.html#_ForgottenEgg)
Info: An abandoned Griffin Egg found on the Griffin Peak.
Used for: Griffin Roost
Cap: 1

http://www.portailsmm.com/cs/rsc/thumb50605.png_2v_31020.png
Griffin Feathers (http://www.portailsmm.com/cs/inventory2.html#_GriffinFeathers)
Info: Mighty Griffin Feathers that have fallen during the Griffin migration.
Requirements: 3 gems
Found: Chicken
Used for: Nesting Straw, Soft Blanket, Griffin Roost
Cap: 99

http://www.portailsmm.com/cs/rsc/thumb50606.png_2v_31020.png
Nesting Twigs (http://www.portailsmm.com/cs/inventory2.html#_NestingTwigs)
Info: Twigs used to build a nest.
Requirements: 5 gems
Found: Wheat
Used for: Nesting Straw, Griffin Roost

http://www.portailsmm.com/cs/rsc/thumb50610.png_2v_31020.png
Griffin Food (http://www.portailsmm.com/cs/inventory2.html#_GriffinFood)
Info: A protein packed snack perfect for Griffins.
Crafted in: Kitchen
Requirements: 30 gems // 20 Worms, 10 Roast Chicken, 3 Bacon
Timer: 120 minutes // 2 hours
Speed-up: 8 gems
Comments: Hearty food to help Griffins grow up healthy!

http://www.portailsmm.com/cs/rsc/thumb50607.png_2v_31020.png
Nesting Straw (http://www.portailsmm.com/cs/inventory2.html#_NestingStraw)
Info: A Nesting Straw made from Nesting Twigs and Eagle Feathers.
Crafted in: Workshop
Requirements: 25 gems // 10 Griffin Feathers, 7, Nesting Twigs, 5 Wheat
Timer: 60 minutes // 1 hour
Speed-up: 4 gems
Comments: Feather-padded straw, perfect for a Griffin's nest!

http://www.portailsmm.com/cs/rsc/thumb50612.png_2v_31020.png
Soft Blanket (http://www.portailsmm.com/cs/inventory2.html#_SoftBlanket)
Info: The softest bedding in all the lands.
Crafted in: Magic Forge
Requirements: 50 gems // 5 Exotic Thread, 5 Griffin Feathers, 15 Wool
Timer: 120 minutes // 2 hours
Speed-up: 8 gems
Comments: A warm and snuggly blanket!

http://www.portailsmm.com/cs/rsc/thumb702042.png_2v_31020.png
Griffin Egg (http://www.portailsmm.com/cs/inventory2.html#_GriffinEgg)
Info: A nested Griffin Egg.
Type: Decoration
Size: 1x1

http://www.portailsmm.com/cs/rsc/thumb50609.png_2v_31020.png
Worms (http://www.portailsmm.com/cs/inventory2.html#_Worms)
Info: Squimy Worms found under Rocks!
Requirements: 5 gems
Found: Rocks
Used for: Griffin Food

http://www.portailsmm.com/cs/rsc/thumb50608.png_2v_31020.png
Sky Stone (http://www.portailsmm.com/cs/inventory2.html#_SkyStone)
Info: A beautiful Sky Stone from Griffin Peak.
Requirements: 15 gems
Found: Adventure (Search Griffin Peak)

http://www.portailsmm.com/cs/rsc/thumb50611.png_2v_31020.png
Exotic Thread (http://www.portailsmm.com/cs/inventory2.html#_ExoticThread)
Info: This luxurious thread can be used be used to weave Soft Blankets.
Requirements: 10 gems
Found: Stables
Used for: Soft Blanket

undead30k
07-08-16, 02:20 PM
Griffin Roost 5 not 6

Griffin Roost L6
Requirements: ?
Drops: ?

federerGOAT
07-08-16, 02:25 PM
When do we get the griffin nest?
Is it a prize for upgrading the roost to a certain level?

kolakid
07-08-16, 02:31 PM
Part 8
Ask for Exotic Fur x10 (skip 80 gems)
Have Stables ( didnt see amount as was completed...I have 2)
Give Hot Peppers x 25 (skip 25gems)

kolakid
07-08-16, 03:05 PM
Part 9
Visit Stables x5 (skip 40 gems)
Collect Exotic Thread x 5 (skip 40 gems) ... get when visit Stables

prancinland
07-08-16, 03:09 PM
Yep, me too!
How in the world will we ever manage to chop, harvest, send adventures, pluck ect?? How long is this timed event?
Not complaining, but not laffin' either... 😨

kolakid
07-08-16, 03:24 PM
PART 10:
Weave Soft Blanket x 3 ( need 5 Exotic Threads /5 Griffin Feathers/15 wool) skip 120 gems
Make Nesting Straw x 30 ...skip 600 gems
Collect Sky Stones (?) (as have 11 in inventory)
Make Griffin Food x 5

iamvan2
07-08-16, 04:04 PM
So, it says that the Griffin Egg drops from adventure, but is a deco item. My egg has disappeared from my inventory. Has this happened to anyone else?

QueenCarolyn
07-08-16, 04:04 PM
PART 10:
Weave Soft Blanket x 3 ( need 5 Exotic Threads /5 Griffin Feathers/15 wool) skip 120 gems
Make Griffin Food x 5

I wonder if we can make the nesting straw in advance.

tuffyjkitten
07-08-16, 04:59 PM

Nesting straw becomes available to craft at the end of step 4 since we need it for upgrading the roost to levels 3 and 4. Should stick around after that....I hope....

kooky panda
07-08-16, 05:06 PM
Normally if the goal states "make" any straw you make will not count until you reach the goal.

babamatsa
07-08-16, 05:28 PM
So, it says that the Griffin Egg drops from adventure, but is a deco item. My egg has disappeared from my inventory. Has this happened to anyone else?

It happened to me as well. It was in my inventory and now is gone.

[S8] Walt
07-08-16, 05:29 PM

There are 2 Eggs associated with this Goal. The Griffin Egg is the decoration item and the Forgotten Egg is used to upgrade your Griffin Roost to level 2. It is possible that you have received the Forgotten Egg and already used it to upgrade your Griffin Roost. If you have any additional questions, please write in to support@storm8.com and PM me the ticket number so we can take a closer look.

sunnygirl634
07-08-16, 05:55 PM
Forgive me if this has been reported already, but I haven't seen anyone else say this yet. I just received a Dark Cave Formation in the black box from the "Scale Griffin Peak" adventure. So that is another possibility!

peachtreeshoppe
07-08-16, 06:10 PM

You need to make 30 for part 7, to upgrade to L4 so that'll take a while. Parts 8 and 9 together take maybe a day altogether (3x stable collections wait time) - if we need more than 30 for the L5 upgrade, it'd be worth making while waiting for neighbors and stables but if not, I'd just collect supplies and wait.

ktorewqas
07-08-16, 06:24 PM
Hope we could know how much materials need for lvl 5 soon. On safe side, we could make more since lvl 5 should ask for more than lvl 4.

federerGOAT
07-08-16, 06:40 PM
So does anyone know how to get the griffin nest?
And is it a deco?

letf8b
07-08-16, 06:40 PM
Yes I recieved a second egg when my roost was still lv 3 and its not in inventory I had option to place or store. I stored and it was gone. I'm hoping it was a glitch bc I got it to soon.
Right after my post another adventure returned with deco egg so I placed instead and its secure.

FireballFarm
07-08-16, 06:41 PM
I just received a Dark Cave Formation in the black box from the "Scale Griffin Peak" adventure. So that is another possibility!

Nice one!

I sent my knights out on a 1 day quest minutes before checking the forum. Ack! Now I have to wait a day to realiy start on the event.

Good luck to everyone!

letf8b
07-08-16, 06:49 PM
1 goes to your roost second is deco. Yes
My second one disappeared hoping it was a glitch bc I got it at lv3 roost. I suggest if it doesn't return email s8 they can tell what caused it. That's what I will do if I dont get another by end of event. Note the date you had one put in inventory.
Edit recieved deco egg when I opened game and tapped Castle again.

moonchild1987
07-08-16, 07:38 PM
Forgive me if this has been reported already, but I haven't seen anyone else say this yet. I just received a Dark Cave Formation in the black box from the "Scale Griffin Peak" adventure. So that is another possibility!

I got one, too!!!! Does anyone know if it drops worms?

CoachSuze
07-08-16, 08:01 PM
Does anyone know if I will get worms if I start chopping rocks b4 it tells me to find worms? Sounds like we will need a lot and I'd like to get a jump start on them!

SpiritWind00
07-08-16, 08:05 PM
you only get special drops when the goal is activated.... so, no worms don't drop until you get to that part.

dark cave formation may work - haven't seen it reported. up to you! :)

CoachSuze
07-08-16, 08:37 PM
you only get special drops when the goal is activated.... so, no worms don't drop until you get to that part.

Thanks SpiritWind00! I figured as much, thought I'd ask just in case! 😉

PrincessCupOButter
07-08-16, 09:31 PM
So does anyone know how to get the griffin nest?
And is it a deco?

Are you referring to this Griffins nest?

If so, it was a prize from the colosseum of beasts event. It is deco.

federerGOAT
07-08-16, 11:04 PM
Are you referring to this Griffins nest?

If so, it was a prize from the colosseum of beasts event. It is deco.

Yes.
Thanks.
Did not even remeber receiving that thing. Lol.

Queenzod
07-08-16, 11:29 PM
The worms are disgusting

nateryd
07-08-16, 11:53 PM
Ok... So by accident I crafted a vital extract in the conservatory... And I need seeds to level up to 4😩.. Stupid me! Where all can I get these seeds from? I know the conservatory, but is there anywhere else? Help!!

D_Raho
07-09-16, 12:14 AM
Ok... So by accident I crafted a vital extract in the conservatory... And I need seeds to level up to 4.. Stupid me! Where all can I get these seeds from? I know the conservatory, but is there anywhere else? Help!!
Sometimes Ivy's Hut, Faerie Respite and the Magic Garden will randomly drop them.

nateryd
07-09-16, 12:55 AM
Sometimes Ivy's Hut, Faerie Respite and the Magic Garden will randomly drop them.

I only have the conservatory and Ivy's. Fingers crossed I guess! I wish there was an undo button!! The second I hit craft, I realized my mistake!

ahomeforme
07-09-16, 01:09 AM
I can't tell anymore. Am I abusing the chickens in my kingdom? Or are the chickens the one abusing my finger?

Zirilka
07-09-16, 02:28 AM
If my math is correct we will need at least 30 wool for the event. I think I need to invest in sheep since the drops from stables are far too scarce.

ethan1brothers
07-09-16, 02:53 AM
did anyone figure out what the dark cave formation did for ya ?

Babs526
07-09-16, 04:21 AM

Dark Cave formations do drop worms, but if you are maxxing out on other drops from rocks this means you may waste some of the more rare drops as dark cave formations provide rarer output than regular rocks.

Babs526
07-09-16, 04:27 AM
When does the event end? This is taking an insane amount of resources and i have already given ip on my second account and am trying to see if it is even worth continuing on my main account. There have been events that took time because we had to wait three hours between collections, but i dont ever recall any events that have required this many collections.

Solientus
07-09-16, 04:44 AM
If my math is correct we will need at least 30 wool for the event. I think I need to invest in sheep since the drops from stables are far too scarce.
I have one sheep I got a while ago, but just in case, don't forget to put out your Glimmer egg bunny if you got one from the Easter event. He drops eggs, golden eggs and wool.
If you don't have him then buying the white sheep would probably be a good idea. I think we have to craft 3 of those blankets (?15 wool). I've stopped doing fancy building supply trades for now since that also eats up wool.

The white sheep is only 35 gems if you've got that saved up. (The black one is 180 and cupid sheep 65 but I think they all drop same amount of wool.)

BTW - you can have two stables (and two hatcheries) in your kingdom. I didn't realize until a couple months ago that the cap was 2 each. Since in a later task you need to collect from stables (5? I think) anyone who doesn't have 2, may want to build an additional one.

ladyperidot
07-09-16, 05:03 AM
i got similar numbers with the small and big rock. Did not try iron rich rock but I think they are the same so I will stick to the big one.

I didn't get many worms from my first big rock pile but I did get a gold nugget!!

PrincessCelestian
07-09-16, 05:42 AM
I didn't get many worms from my first big rock pile but I did get a gold nugget!!

I just tried iron rich rock since I am low on iron and maxed on stone blocks. I only had two energy but both dropped worms. I will update again if I notice a higher rate of drops there. I am getting about a 60% drop rate I think from big rocks.

Babycake1987
07-09-16, 05:59 AM
I'm with ya Princess!

Regarding the adventure I definitely agree there should be a 2 or 4 hour version with requirements such as:

Basically the 2 and/or 4 hour version would require more mats and gold because you wouldn't be using the extra 4 or 8 energy (based on tap every 30 min). Reducing wheat required since caps are only 99 and it would be a little absurd to ask for a nearly full stack of something, I added another ingredient to still make sure we're giving up mats from inventory.
Also a slight increase in gold required and all of a sudden there's a viable and relatively fair option for those players who can't check their kingdom every half hour/hour. I think something along those lines for all events requiring items from Adventures would be a nice gesture for those with limited game time.

As far as the Griffin food. I think something more like 8-12worms per food would keep drop requirements more in line with other craftable recipes in this event.
For example the Nesting Straw recipe requires 10 feathers, 7 twigs, and wheat. It doesnt seem as fair that double the amount (worms) be required when it isn't the only item in the recipe (chicken and bacon are still needed to craft recipe).

It'll be fun to get this new Griffin. I think a few tweaks will make this event a little more doable.
It will still be energy intensive (so as to not make any future Energy/ingredient pack sales unattractive) but I feel more rulers will be able to complete this event without feeling as stressed.

I like the way you think,,that's a great idea.

Lyzau
07-09-16, 06:03 AM
I'm on part 7. It's really hard!

ashley224
07-09-16, 06:14 AM
Ok... So by accident I crafted a vital extract in the conservatory... And I need seeds to level up to 4��.. Stupid me! Where all can I get these seeds from? I know the conservatory, but is there anywhere else? Help!!

Pile of seeds can be obtained from the following
Conservatory
Glimmer fountain
Ivys petting zoo
Summer Gaxebo
Magic garden
Goddess tree
faerie respite
Faerie Flowerbed

Solientus
07-09-16, 06:19 AM
I'm on part 7. It's really hard!
I'm stuck on 7 as well for now. Like the Cherry hive event, I find focusing on one thing at a time makes me feel better.

For now I'm only tapping chickens and wheat for nests. If both workshops are crafting nests, then I use some wheat for an Adventure.

If wheat isn't ready yet, I tap chickens or rocks. I keep getting maxed on twigs so I'm not even worried about "wasting" them if I'm full and need wheat. Twig drop rate seems quite a bit higher (and only 7 needed for nest recipe makes them build up quickly).
Slowly but surely I'll get all my nests done so I can then focus rocks a little more. I try and have one Griffin food crafting because of the 2 hour timer but really just focusing chickens/wheat ATM.

Still 10-11 days to go. 😁 Head up!

PrincessCelestian
07-09-16, 06:23 AM
So far iron Rich Rock has a 100% drop rate for worms for me.

Lyzau
07-09-16, 06:41 AM
I'm stuck on 7 as well for now. Like the Cherry hive event, I find focusing on one thing at a time makes me feel better.

For now I'm only tapping chickens and wheat for nests. If both workshops are crafting nests, then I use some wheat for an Adventure.

If wheat isn't ready yet, I tap chickens or rocks. I keep getting maxed on twigs so I'm not even worried about "wasting" them if I'm full and need wheat. Twig drop rate seems quite a bit higher (and only 7 needed for nest recipe makes them build up quickly).
Slowly but surely I'll get all my nests done so I can then focus rocks a little more. I try and have one Griffin food crafting because of the 2 hour timer but really just focusing chickens/wheat ATM.

Still 10-11 days to go. �� Head up!

That's a good way to get through but you might want to make some griffin food simultaneously as that takes up 10 Roast Chicken per feed, so you don't want to be maxed on those while collecting feathers from chickens to take full advantage of the Roast Chicken drops.
I am trying to juggle it all, but can't help myself wondering if I'm doing it right. Upgrading the Roost to stage 4 is a really loooooong task, and I'm sure it's not the last long one either. My wheat gets depleted really fast. Hope I can finish with 10 days to go.

Zirilka
07-09-16, 06:51 AM
Right you are Solientus, alas! I don't have the glimmer egg bunny and so I think a sheep is necessary investment. I could buy another stable I guess but that would seriously harm my kingdom's aesthetics.

ShibuyaCloth
07-09-16, 06:53 AM
Pics and items info updated:
http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?92730-Castle-Story-7-07-Update-A-Grand-Migration-(TIMED-OPTIONAL)-*goals-in-post-1*&p=1318398&viewfull=1#post1318398

katbtodd
07-09-16, 07:13 AM
Help what building I have tap on about every thing not one dropped

Help,I stuck here until some body helps I have taped and taped until I run out of energy

nateryd
07-09-16, 07:28 AM
Help what building I have tap on about every thing not one dropped

Help,I stuck here until some body helps I have taped and taped until I run out of energy

I believe it's the stables!

katbtodd
07-09-16, 07:36 AM

It said stables the first time. Talk about confusing .then that's what should be said !

katbtodd
07-09-16, 07:41 AM
Thinking you could be right,
wish they said stables and not building ... I wasted lots of energy

armerfarmer
07-09-16, 08:16 AM
PART 10:
Make Griffin Food x 5

Sounds a bit irritating... Says COLLECT but autocompleted as you have 11 in inventory.

@Spiritwind: Could you please try to verify with S8 if we have to take wording COLLECT and MAKE really literally this time?
Reminds me of the last quest where wording was extremely misleading....

grammie5454
07-09-16, 08:22 AM
Glimmer Rock Formation (6 chops) I received a worm on each chop. Horse she'd also drops wool.

katbtodd
07-09-16, 08:28 AM
Sounds a bit irritating... Says COLLECT but autocompleted as you have 11 in inventory.

@Spiritwind: Could you please try to verify with S8 if we have to take wording COLLECT and MAKE really literally this time?
Reminds me of the last quest where wording was extremely misleading....
Also we had to collect from stables to get thread , and to make the blanket it says buildings on the thread as I pictured below

arikasi
07-09-16, 09:03 AM
So assuming you have the energy to get through, I have found the sticking point to be... Roast Chicken!!

Part 7 needs 16 griffon food to upgrade the nest and each food needs 10 Roast chicken, so 160 roast chicken!
Although we are collecting from chickens, I am now maxed out on griffon feathers but I am out of roast chicken.

Hatcheries drop 2 roast chicken, so I am wondering do other chickens such as the cupid have a better chance of dropping the roast chicken?

riverly
07-09-16, 09:15 AM
I'm maxed out on twigs- they are being wasted. I've got eggs going everywhere-being wasted. Would like to do milk and egg trade but don't have energy to collect milk. And pretty soon I'll have stone going everywhere. Right now trying to get feathers built up. I'm beginning to like my sleeping griffin in his nest more and more. (The one mentioned in an earlier post. ). I wonder why we just couldn't wake it up? I mean he already had a nest built and he looks pretty comfy.

QueenCarolyn
07-09-16, 09:19 AM
Nesting straw becomes available to craft at the end of step 4 since we need it for upgrading the roost to levels 3 and 4. Should stick around after that....I hope....

Yes, but it is reported to say "make" nesting straw, not "have" nesting straw. So I worry.

riverly
07-09-16, 09:54 AM
It does say "make" nesting straw. That is something to keep in mind. I think it was in task 10 where I read that.

kolakid
07-09-16, 09:55 AM
PART 10 Confusion!
SKY STONES: I made before goal came so "Collect" means "have" as had 11 in inventory & counted towards the goal
as autocompleted! ( sorry dont know real amount needed!)
Hope this helps the confusion on wording!

Ability to make Nesting Straw stays....need really really lots of these!!!

kolakid
07-09-16, 09:58 AM
Get "Exotic Thread" ONLY from STABLES!

kolakid
07-09-16, 10:20 AM
PART 10 :2
Upgrade Griffin Roost LEVEL 5 ...need:
Griffen Food x 20
Sky Stones x 40
Nesting Straw x 65
Soft Blanket x 5

Items made in first part of Goal 10 count towards the amounts needed !!!

meme1098
07-09-16, 10:28 AM
PART 10 :2
Upgrade Griffin Roost LEVEL 5 ...need:
Griffen Food x 20
Sky Stones x 40
Nesting Straw x 65
Soft Blanket x 5

Items made in first part of Goal 10 count towards the amounts needed !!!

I'm already tired of the rock chopping, harvesting & crafting. It's the same thing over & over. Goals used to be a bit fun but they are just plain tedious now.
Don't know if I even care if I make it to Part 10 or not. 65 nesting straw is just ridiculous in my book.

kolakid
07-09-16, 10:32 AM
Think also ridiculous even though I am trying to complete!
Energy needed is really really ridiculous ... quite honestly think quite impossible to
do without spending gems!

pieandcream
07-09-16, 10:37 AM
Think also ridiculous even though I am trying to complete!
Energy needed is really really ridiculous ... quite honestly think quite impossible to
do without spending gems!

i agree...the last few events have been too difficult....if this continues i probably will lose interest.... pity.

riverly
07-09-16, 10:38 AM
I'm already tired of the rock chopping, harvesting & crafting. It's the same thing over & over. Goals used to be a bit fun but they are just plain tedious now.
Don't know if I even care if I make it to Part 10 or not. 65 nesting straw is just ridiculous in my book.im kinda feeling the same way just not sure the reward is worth all this mess.

kolakid
07-09-16, 10:39 AM
Think amounts needed are astronomical!
Love this Game but getting ridiculous with things needed!
Am a gem player but of late... also getting peeved that goals arent really doable without spending!
But S8 get away with it as always says "Optional" lately:mad:

PrincessCupOButter
07-09-16, 10:43 AM
I'm with ya Princess!

Excellent ideas! I wish S8 would incorporate some or all of them! Because........

Don't know if I even care if I make it to Part 10 or not. 65 nesting straw is just ridiculous in my book.

I am 100% in agreement! It is tedious and boring. While the new crafts have potential to be fun and interesting, making dozens and dozens of them over and over gets real old, real fast. 20 more griffin food? Seriously? 400 more of those creepy worms and absolutely NOTHING to do with all the stone from chopping rocks. (Yes, I realize there are building materials for those who aren't maxed, but the workshops are busy making nests. Hello!) At least add a trade to dump some the extra stuff off, since very few of us have any energy left to collect ingredients for the Royal trade....I have dozens of rotten eggs, because I can't collect milk. How about an egg and rock trade? Random drops of worms, Sky stone, feathers, wheat and roast chicken could be the reward.

kolakid
07-09-16, 10:44 AM
Maybe change amounts like they did last time to help players complete * hopeful* !

katbtodd
07-09-16, 10:59 AM
This event and a couple like it .. Have made playing not fun, and if it's Not fun why play,
Only getting one blue stone every time from adventure , and one thread from each stable ... Not building like it said , so please don't go wasting your energy looking for thread , in and around your building it won't be there ,

riverly
07-09-16, 10:59 AM
And the way things have been, we will end up with an ugly roost and a miniature griffin. That drops wood or water.

dragoniakingdom
07-09-16, 11:01 AM
I have been a long time player,but the quests of late & this one inpartiular has not been pleasant. The energy required is ridiculous,please S8 realize that instead of keeping your loyal players you may well be having them look for other games.

Keeping long time players who "enjoy" the quests means they recommend to others....just a thought.

xtinem070672
07-09-16, 11:01 AM
So I'm thinking if I buy the 450 gem pack w 10 minutes of unlimited energy I could chop a ton of stone to get worms (since rocks don't have to grow like chickens or wheat:p) and also get the feather/stick/noodle(???) combo I could get ahead a tiny bit on feathers which are hardest for me. Good grief. All I really want at this point is the little pink egg from the adventure! :rolleyes: I'm not a gem-thru player but jeez the amounts of straw and stuff are crazy and gems are looking better and better (yeah we're on to you, S8)

ecxtasy
07-09-16, 11:03 AM
Here to see if the griffin is as worthless as the stag as my stag just needs to be stored in don't click on him for just wood.

Seeing lots of complaints so may just play my game how I wish and ignore this quest.

Sandybellee
07-09-16, 11:07 AM
This is exhausting! I don't know if I will make it despite using all available energy just on this quest.

armerfarmer
07-09-16, 11:07 AM
Did some calculations:
For upgrades to level 4 and 5 you need a total of
- 1125 wheat
- 975 feather
- 720 worms

Even if I don't consider twigs (will get the required when harvesting wheat) and the 360 roast chicken which I hopefully get collecting the feathers, it will need 2820 energy (with a 100% rate chopping rocks).
Keeping in mind I get 20 energy per hour, it is 141 hours non-stop playing which is roundabout 6 days without sleep and work....

Come on S8, are you kidding? No way to finish within the given time except using a considerable number of gems:mad:

kolakid
07-09-16, 11:09 AM
Normally would recommend quests but even with my army of alicorns/gems...
the energy needed on this goal is simply ridiculous & just collecting from Wheat / Chickens when
would have at least made it more fun using another item such as milk to get worms/ sky stones or thread
would have least made it pleasanter to play!!!

Does S8 want to **** this game cos the goals of late & specially this goal is scaring off ALL level players!!!

room27
07-09-16, 11:09 AM
Once more I ask S8, could it please be a requirement that game developers actually PLAY the game?

If they did, they would see how insanely tedious this is. It's not challenging. It's boring and tedious. It's not fun.

On the positive side, I love the idea of trading extra rocks and eggs in the Exchange for random drops that would help with this quest. Another idea is to have the griffin roost drop some items every six hours. It could drop sky stones or nests or griffin food. Even worms would be appreciated.

grammie5454
07-09-16, 11:15 AM
I agree. Rewards should be greater than the effort. So many of my neighbors in the 40ish levels have quit playing. So close. Shame. But with each new event it only gets more discouraging.

Nikospets
07-09-16, 11:19 AM
I agree, these quests are boring and tedious and not fun! I realize S8 wants us to spend money but there are some of us who play just to relax and have fun! It's a shame since I was hoping after the last few quests that I wasn't able to finish that this one might be different! Some changes would make this more enjoyable and therefore may make us feel like spending money!

coolssp
07-09-16, 11:20 AM
4 small piles of rock gave 12 worms but the amount required to level up is absolutely insane...

30 straw nests will be 10 x 30 + 5 x 30 = 450 taps for chicken and wheat
15 food will be approximately 30 x 15 = 450 taps for worms + 45 bacon, 150 roasts
20 stones will approximately 180 - 200 wheat

Can someone confirm my calculations :)

xtinem070672
07-09-16, 11:25 AM
Did some calculations:
- 1125 wheat
- 975 feather
- 720 worms

Even if I don't consider twigs (will get the required when harvesting wheat) and the 360 roast chicken which I hopefully get collecting the feathers, it will need 2820 energy (with a 100% rate chopping rocks).
Keeping in mind I get 20 energy per hour, it is 141 hours non-stop playing which is roundabout 6 days without sleep and work....

Come on S8, are you kidding? No way to finish within the given time except using a considerable number of gems:mad:

Omg seriously?!? My jaw is on the floor. That seals the deal for me. I'm out. I'm happy w the roost at level 3 and I'll just keep adventuring for the egg deco. Why doesn't S8 understand that people want to play for fun and relaxation, and instead get stressed and feel defeated.:(

Nikospets
07-09-16, 11:35 AM
Omg seriously?!? My jaw is on the floor. That seals the deal for me. I'm out. I'm happy w the roost at level 3 and I'll just keep adventuring for the egg deco. Why doesn't S8 understand that people want to play for fun and relaxation, and instead get stressed and feel defeated.:(

Ditto!!! I feel like S8 is just sitting there laughing at us, knowing it is an impossible task!!! They couldn't have played this quest before sending it out! Shame on them!!!

riverly
07-09-16, 11:45 AM
I think I will just go about this in a somewhat leisurely way, and let whatever happens happen. I'm not in the least bit tempted to spend gems on this one.

VersaceMorrow
07-09-16, 11:47 AM
So I'm thinking if I buy the 450 gem pack w 10 minutes of unlimited energy I could chop a ton of stone to get worms (since rocks don't have to grow like chickens or wheat:p) and also get the feather/stick/noodle(???) combo I could get ahead a tiny bit on feathers which are hardest for me. Good grief. All I really want at this point is the little pink egg from the adventure! :rolleyes: I'm not a gem-thru player but jeez the amounts of straw and stuff are crazy and gems are looking better and better (yeah we're on to you, S8)

Be careful with those unlimited energy packs..... I bought one only once and never will again. Halfway through my time it reset, undoing everything I had tapped. Of course I didn't get those five minutes back and had to re-tap everything. Also, there is a delay in collecting which takes longer with the more items you tap, almost like in slow motion.

I suppose if you are only going to use it for a dozen or so large rock croppings it might be worth it, but not for collecting all over the kingdom or any other multiple tasks.

dfmomcat
07-09-16, 11:49 AM
So I'm thinking if I buy the 450 gem pack w 10 minutes of unlimited energy I could chop a ton of stone to get worms (since rocks don't have to grow like chickens or wheat:p) ..... I'm not a gem-thru player but jeez the amounts of straw and stuff are crazy and gems are looking better and better (yeah we're on to you, S8)

Be very wary on this one! I did it to get ahead on worms and did manage to max them but....

After clicking a bunch of stuff, I went to social so they would quick collect. Half the time, this would disconnect me. After force closing (only way to reconnect) and restarting, it seemed like I lost more time on the unlimited energy than it should have and I had to re-tap some things. I ended up with only about 4 minutes out of the ten. I guess it is worth it, as long as you plan your collections for a much shorter unlimited time period.

BufftonHeights
07-09-16, 11:52 AM

I recommend the 5 minute unlimited energy instead. I maxed out on worms after about 4 1/2 minutes. I was enjoying this quest and really wanted the griffin, but when I saw 65 nests for level 5 ... I think I will just stay where I am.

Solientus
07-09-16, 12:29 PM
I think I will just go about this in a somewhat leisurely way, and let whatever happens happen. I'm not in the least bit tempted to spend gems on this one.

This is where I'm at as well. I'm doing what I can to play "smart" with the amount of energy I have and don't plan on spending any major gem amounts.
The way I think of things: if I buy any packs or specials is... is the end item worth that much to me. Infinite energy for, say, $5, and mats pack for $10, that's $15 for the "free" Griffin.
I'm not saying it isn't pretty or that completing quests isn't satisfying. I'm still enjoying the event for something to do aside from my regular goals.

We all know these games are designed to make some cash. Most free-to-play are. I don't personally have the income to always get the packs and deals, so I just do what I can and most times that's enough.

I just saw the raccoon gift btw, so tempted.

I do hope some of the goal requirements (Nesting Straw and worms/Griffin food - I'm looking at you) will be reduced to a reasonable amount but aside from that, it's game as usual. Spend if you can/want, or go back to your routine. That's why these events are optional.

(I hope this isn't considered off topic. I know people come on here with event questions - looking for answers. I try to make my posts with helpful content or suggestions for game play, but things always come out on the long-winded side.) Thanks for reading.

nateryd
07-09-16, 12:55 PM
And the way things have been, we will end up with an ugly roost and a miniature griffin. That drops wood or water.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!! seriously cackle laughing... Don't forget the long sausage body!! Hahaha

RevdKathy
07-09-16, 12:58 PM
I'll give this another day, but I'm edging on to giving up on this one. I didn't do the cherry Tree, I worked like mad on the deer, and am now looking at the flowers, tree and even the deer and wondering why I bothered. And now this one which takes so, so much energy, the rest of my Kingdom is going to wrack and ruin. Just not convinced it's worth it.

Solientus
07-09-16, 01:05 PM
Did some calculations:
- 1125 wheat
- 975 feather
- 720 worms

Just thought I'd expand on this thought. Thanks for posting this Armer.

I could stretch things and say of the 1125 wheat maybe 150 give an energy back (if you have the farmers badge completed - bonus energy). Of the 975 feathers maybe 85 of them (approximately 10% rate assumed)drop doubles (85 energy) but the worms seem more hit or miss, so I'll leave that number. I'd add a few 10 energy trades, we'll say 2 (one each week), so that's another 20 energy gained. In 12 days, we'll also assume Sir piggles drops one 30 energy for me once.
150 plus 85 plus 20 plus 30. So minus 285 from your 2820 for total energy need. 2535 energy divided by 20 (hourly replen rate) is 126.75 hours - 5 days & 2 hours non-stop.
Again assuming no alicorns, wizard school, lucky trade energy drops, faerie elixirs (20 energy craftable from conservatory), 20/50 energy crates, etc.

8 hours sleep multiplied by 4 (5 days, 4 nights) adds another 32 hours. So - day and a half. That brings grand total to complete upgrade from four to five (if values above are correct) is SIX 1/2 DAYS to complete assuming you're glued to your device.

Things look a bit better once you factor in alicorns and the such but it is still outrageous. That would leave less then 4 days to complete the rest.
(This doesn't include the number of taps to collect your finished items, that'd add a other hour or two.)

More food for thought.

arikasi
07-09-16, 01:13 PM
If you have alicorns make sure to use them now to get as much resources as possible, that way they will be ready again once more before the quest finishes.

Lyzau
07-09-16, 01:20 PM
Wow... these amounts of energy and frequency are truly beyond reasonable. My kingdom will have to forego the Griffin. Is this ridiculous energy sucking event supposed to coerce me into buying the energy packs or something? Because if this is your idea of tempting me to invest in this game, you have completely missed the mark.
I am sorry you seem to miss the point why many of us play this game. It's supposed to be fun?

prancinland
07-09-16, 01:21 PM
i agree...the last few events have been too difficult....if this continues i probably will lose interest.... pity.

I feel the same way. Doesn't matter how often I come in, still only have so much energy to use. I've been using crates and Ali's but how long before I waste them on part 7!?! -- it's only going to become harder toward the end of the event. I've been thinking this game is becoming to rich for my taste.
Someone please ask S8 to let up a bit. I would rather go into a holding pattern ( anyone remember those days?) so that S8 could beta test for bugs, and the enjoyable side of thing ( story line) Working for new buildings or crafts that enhance the game is one thing. Understanding WHY I am clicking and chopping helps.What good is this griffon anyway? Lol, really.
I've worked so hard for my little kingdom. Lost many hours of sleep worrying I wouldn't finish events..seems all sort of futile these days.
What does this griffon have to do with anything.
Disgusted and joining the ranks.

ginerp
07-09-16, 01:44 PM
Did some calculations:
- 1125 wheat
- 975 feather
- 720 worms

Omg. Thank you for this. I'm giving up now and will add my half made roost to my storage along with all the other half made limited event items. I hadn't even bothered with these events for a while but thought I'd give this one a whirl. What a waste of all the energy I've spent so far.

Medhba
07-09-16, 01:57 PM
Just thought I'd expand on this thought. Thanks for posting this Armer.

I could stretch things and say of the 1125 wheat maybe 150 give an energy back (if you have the farmers badge completed - bonus energy). Of the 975 feathers maybe 85 of them (approximately 10% rate assumed)drop doubles (85 energy) but the worms seem more hit or miss, so I'll leave that number. I'd add a few 10 energy trades, we'll say 2 (one each week), so that's another 20 energy gained. In 12 days, we'll also assume Sir piggles drops one 30 energy for me once.
150 plus 85 plus 20 plus 30. So minus 285 from your 2820 for total energy need. 2535 energy divided by 20 (hourly replen rate) is 126.75 hours - 5 days & 2 hours non-stop.
Again assuming no alicorns, wizard school, lucky trade energy drops, faerie elixirs (20 energy craftable from conservatory), 20/50 energy crates, etc.

8 hours sleep multiplied by 4 (5 days, 4 nights) adds another 32 hours. So - day and a half. That brings grand total to complete upgrade from four to five (if values above are correct) is SIX 1/2 DAYS to complete assuming you're glued to your device.

Things look a bit better once you factor in alicorns and the such but it is still outrageous. That would leave less then 4 days to complete the rest.
(This doesn't include the number of taps to collect your finished items, that'd add a other hour or two.)

More food for thought.

First of all, I want to thank you for taking the time to do the math, which is incredibly well thought out, considering all the variables and factors and such. Really, THANK YOU. You're awesome :-)

Secondly, I'm on the verge of being overwhelmed (which irks me). I'm hoping S8 offers more ways of obtaining energy. I'm broke IRL ATM, fairy elixirs require USING energy, the magic fruit trade requires USING energy and the meat trade is the same. It would be nice to gain energy upon completion of the castle adventure. I'm glad I purchased the barracks, even though it's every other day that I'll be getting extra energy.

kschlag
07-09-16, 02:07 PM
I truly, truly try hard not to complain about goal-completion requirements. However, this event does require a ridiculous amount of energy for rather repetitive collections. My feeling of foreboding started around the time I saw that 20 (!!) worms were required for each griffin food. I understand the need to challenge long-term players--I myself just reached level 50 this week--but the collections from rocks, wheat, and chickens are more than a little excessive, in my opinion.

(On a related note, I personally have no problem dropping $5 on 5 minutes of unlimited energy, in theory, but so far the unlimited energy is buggy and in my experience it is a ****-shoot whether one actually gets the full time promised. Until and unless S8 patches these duration bugs effectively, caveat emptor).

The cherry hive limited event was similarly energy-intensive, but more doable. Energy is an equalizer of sorts between high-level and low-level players, so I understand S8's recent inclination to use energy to collect novel items, instead of relying on stockpiles (where long-time players are at an advantage): it makes the event more doable for the players who haven't been hoarding. The idea of using energy for a limited event certainly has merit, but this event takes it a bit too far (crafting 65 nesting straw is tedious, no two ways about it.) Even though I work at home, I am having a hard time keeping up with collections; I can't see how someone with a commute and 9-5 would be able to complete this event, full stop.

jaymieb2
07-09-16, 02:09 PM

3 Iron Rich Rocks yielded 19 worms (79%).

I have lingered on A Sticky Situation from the Fortune Teller Tent forever. You used to be able to sell the small pile of rocks before the last chop, but now that perk is gone. My kingdom is literally littered with 4/5 small piles of rocks. Am thinking of maxing out on Superglue, and clearing these rocks! Would certainly help beautify my kingdom... had hoped to 90% max out on all the different glue products, but it has still been a good run...

flowerqueen007
07-09-16, 02:10 PM
Did some calculations:
- 1125 wheat
- 975 feather
- 720 worms

Staggering numbers, its a shame you dont have wizard schools or the agricultural shard, i get nearly a third of my energy back from harvesting the wheat :), plus i get a small amout from my wedding ali and my pink ali, but there are still tens days to do it so I am not giving up.

a1mathteach
07-09-16, 02:42 PM
I wish they tiered the events like they do in Dragon Story. It has different goals depending on your level. Makes it doable. As a relatively new player, I have no chance at this. I don't get energy back from anything but fangbeasts and skunkupines

fantaloonastic
07-09-16, 02:46 PM
Lets just say I'm trying very hard to sit on my hands and patiently wait before I pass judgement on this event. I about cried when I saw the amount of worms needed.

olcastle
07-09-16, 03:03 PM
I wish they tiered the events like they do in Dragon Story. It has different goals depending on your level. Makes it doable. As a relatively new player, I have no chance at this. I don't get energy back from anything but fangbeasts and skunkupines

Basically you are proposing to prevent higher level players from getting advantage of Shards, Wizard schools, alicorns...
What the point of getting them then?

riverly
07-09-16, 03:08 PM
I'm not giving up. Just not gonna stress over it. I'm trying a different strategy of getting sky stones built up and feathers built up, and then I'll focus on the chopping rocks for worms. And I'm keeping my wheat maxed. I'll see how this works, but don't know really if this is the best way. I don't even want to think of the roasted chickens yet.

CoachSuze
07-09-16, 03:10 PM
In the very least, they could give us an energy drop with the adventure like the other adventures! This is just ridiculous!

peachtreeshoppe
07-09-16, 03:11 PM
Getting to L4 takes three days if you're able to check in every two hours seven times a day (so 7 am - 7 pm in my case, with being late sometimes pushing the last collection to 9 or 9:30).

Every two hours I do:
one adventure
15 wheat
14 chickens
the remaining 10 energy for either rocks or collecting nesting straw, griffin food, or noodles/fancy block/earth wisp.
I use my wizarding school energy for more rocks (60 per day.)

I make 10 nesting straw per day, 5 griffin food per day. That's 3 days total.

Since L5 requires twice the nesting straw but not twice the food or stones (thank goodness) I figure I'll need 6 full days for that. Only 4 food instead of 5 and 6 adventures a day instead of 7. I have work days in there and the game is not on my phone, so it might take 7 or 8 days.

It'll come down to the wire, but it's doable without gems, alicorns, waking in the middle of the night or unlimited energy. Not super creative in strategy, but doable.

kschlag
07-09-16, 03:24 PM
Basically you are proposing to prevent higher level players from getting advantage of Shards, Wizard schools, alicorns...
What the point of getting them then?

With all due respect, I play Dragon story, and I think you may be misunderstanding what he/she is trying to say. In Dragon Story, the limited events have lesser requirements for lower-level players. Since the higher-level players have built up more supplies and have advantages (think things akin to shards in CS), their limited events are a bit harder to complete. However, in Dragon Story, the rewards for lower-level players are also smaller (in my experience, there are two dragons rewarded for story events for newer people, whilst higher-level players get three). I don't know how such a tiered system would work in Castle Story, but it's an interesting thought.

olcastle
07-09-16, 03:37 PM
I play Dragon story, and I think you misunderstand what he/she is trying to say. In Dragon Story, the limited events have lesser requirements for lower-level players. Since the higher-level players have built up more supplies and have advantages (think things akin to shards in CS), their limited events are a bit harder to complete. However, in Dragon Story, the rewards for lower-level players are also smaller (in my experience, there are two dragons rewarded for story events for newer people, whilst higher-level players get three), so I don't know how such a tiered system would work in Castle Story, but it's a good thought.

I didn't know there are different prizes, it might make sense then. I spend gems for things that give advantage like alicorns... well, to use this advantage. If we buy them to have extra energy but have special high-level goals that require to spend extra energy then we wasted our gems for nothing.

aiyoosha
07-09-16, 04:09 PM
this is impossible, i need to smash 50million rocks to get just enough dumb worms i need more stupid feathers. theres no way i can get my griffin

xtinem070672
07-09-16, 04:31 PM
I wish the pink deco eggs weren't such a rare drop...45 trips and still no egg *sigh*

fantaloonastic
07-09-16, 05:04 PM
Well at least I got that going, I seem to have a deco egg. It'll look lovely next to my griffinless nest

a1mathteach
07-09-16, 06:08 PM
Thank you. This is exactly what I meant. If events in Castle Story stay like this, there's no reason for me to even attempt them until I have a far higher level and have cleared way more areas on the grid.

Queenzod
07-09-16, 06:22 PM
Never give up! Never surrender!

I am going down with this ship. I'm going to harvest, adventure, smash, pluck, weave, and cook worms until I drop over dead! My entire kingdom smells liked boiled earthworms (the really big ones), my chickens have been plucked within an inch of their lives, there's a run on wheat down at the bank, and nothing else is getting done.

My alicorns are beginning to look fearful every time I swing by their enclosure. They've started pushing the elderly and infirm of their kind closer to the gate. Ivy's been whispering to Lady Griselda about the wild gleam in my eye but I don't care anymore.

Must.....finish.....level....seven.....

iamvan2
07-09-16, 06:56 PM
I don't believe that anyone who plays this game does not enjoy a fair challenge. However; this one, in my opinion is not fair. This is a game, not a job but it is certainly starting to feel like one. In order to finish, players have to devote their day to tapping and collecting. Why doesn't the Griffins best drop needed materials? Why aren't there daily goals that reward players with needed materials. That's the way these quests used to work. I have never not finished a quest but.......

Stymie52
07-09-16, 07:04 PM
Agreed. Part 7 is very challenging. Using all my energy chopping rocks, collecting wheat, and collecting from chickens.

aiyoosha
07-09-16, 07:55 PM
i mean cant they at least let more than 1 worm drop at a time at least? i chopped a rock 3 times and it didnt even drop a worm wth man?! now i cant do anything cuz i have to wait for my energy to refill to smach more rocks pick more wheat and pluck more chickens *zzzz*

SpiritWind00
07-09-16, 07:59 PM

I am going down with this ship. I'm going to harvest, adventure, smash, pluck, weave, and cook worms until I drop over dead! My entire kingdom smells liked boiled earthworms (the really big ones), my chickens have been plucked within an inch of their lives, there's a run on wheat down at the bank, and nothing else is getting done.

My alicorns are beginning to look fearful every time I swing by their enclosure. They've started pushing the elderly and infirm of their kind closer to the gate. Ivy's been whispering to Lady Griselda about the wild gleam in my eye but I don't care anymore.

I'm with you! I've never seen an event this hard before. I'm struggling too... And for a loooonnggg time player, that's saying something. Everything else in my queendom is getting dusty. Hmmm......

aiyoosha
07-09-16, 08:04 PM
I'm with you! I've never seen an event this hard before. I'm struggling too... And for a loooonnggg time player, that's saying something. Everything else in my queendom is getting dusty. Hmmm......

my spinning thingy has not even spinned since this event started and i need to milk my cows their utters are getting awfully full im scared

larisata
07-09-16, 08:11 PM
Never have I been so close to deleting this game.
Only my great neighbours are keeping me playing.
What is S8 thinking with this ludicrous event.

I have been looking for a better game to play as

Playing CS is not the fun it used to be.
Like many others I almost quit after the glimmer
Alicorn fiasco
Yet nothing changed.

This is a
Repetitive
Impossible
Boring
Event and if I could I would give CS a
Zero star rating in the app store.

Queenzod
07-09-16, 08:13 PM

I can't wait for the daily ads to show up to get six precious energy! I've put away absolutely everything that doesn't have to be collected, and I'm halfway through part seven. We can do this! Let's not let a measly pile of feathers and worms determine our fortitude!

iamvan2
07-09-16, 08:17 PM
I think I am going to store everything g except what is needed for this tapping/ chopping quest. I have accidentally tapped things thus wasting needed energy. It will be a vast span of green.

xtinem070672
07-09-16, 08:23 PM

I humbly bow down before those players with the grit to DO this event, let alone FINISH it! You must've been a Russian gymnastics coach in a past life with your level of drive and determination ;)

I propose that any player who finishes the event the hard way (not gemming thru) gets their name listed in a new CS Grandmaster Forum Sticky!:cool:

flowerqueen007
07-09-16, 08:56 PM
i am on part 10 and I have been playing Dream City, which I downloaded for the gems the Baron gives, and I am really enjoying it, and for the first time ever i will finish a quest with more gems than when I started, but I am bed bound at the moment so I can spend all day tapping and waiting for energy :) But I think I will keep playing Dream City I am really enjoying it.

zernzid
07-09-16, 09:04 PM
I just noticed that event quest required Lv.17.
17?? I'm a lv.50 like many other players on forum.
It's too hard to believe...:(

newzealander
07-09-16, 09:19 PM
I just noticed that event quest required Lv.17.
17?? I'm a lv.50 like many other players on forum.
It's too hard to believe...:(
Anyone who finishes this event without having a couple of Wizard Schools, a few Alicorns, and the thingee that gives you extra drops or energy return when you harvest crops (the something shard?), deserves a mention in the hall of fame. It has become a monotonous routine of collecting wheat, chopping rocks, and standing over chickens waiting till they lay.

S8, I know you want us using up our inventory stocks, but this is ridiculous!!

riverly
07-09-16, 09:20 PM
i am on part 10 and I have been playing Dream City, which I downloaded for the gems the Baron gives, and I am really enjoying it, and for the first time ever i will finish a quest with more gems than when I started, but I am bed bound at the moment so I can spend all day tapping and waiting for energy :) But I think I will keep playing Dream City I am really enjoying it.how many sun stones are required for part 10? I have not seen the exact amount required.
I mean sky stones!!!:;;(()))));;:://

flowerqueen007
07-09-16, 09:41 PM
how many sun stones are required for part 10? I have not seen the exact amount required.
I mean sky stones!!!:;;(()))));;:://

I dont know it auto completed, I did more adventures than I needed because I wanted the Griffins Egg decoration. :)

CoachSuze
07-09-16, 09:43 PM
my spinning thingy has not even spinned since this event started and i need to milk my cows their utters are getting awfully full im scared

What's the 'spinning thingy'?

I finally just unlocked the rocks for worms part 😒... From what I had been reading here, it seemed as though people we're getting a worm on 75-95% of their chops... ME - heck no! I must be jinxed! My first rock pile, I get 2 out of 5 chops - 40%! ... This is getting hopeless!

I had everything I could possibly stock ahead at max... But , just to move one level would take more than max storage... and with all the tapping and chopping, etc... We could have had plenty but since we're maxed... energy is not reaping the same resource as it normally would... The Castle Story team over at Storm8 needs a creative overhaul to realign their focus on concept development which meets the desire of their current & future customers for a challenging yet FUN game. This can easily be done while still spurring profits through enticing in app purchases which provide player advantages and extras. To put out Events and Goals where it's virtually impossible to complete without purchasing gems to speed up everything through the process, is not challenging or fun! It's not a challenge to break out the bank card and skip or speed up through things... Might as well just put the prize in the market for sale! I like to see how well I can do without the "*****s" of skips or speed ups... And if I'm doing well and want to speed up the last bit of an adventure or something, I'm not bothered by doing so. Feeling like I 'HAVE' to if I want to make it through the challenge... Well that just takes so much away from the desire to play.
They're alienating many of their players, and that is never a good thing!

zernzid
07-09-16, 09:46 PM
S8, I know you want us using up our inventory stocks, but this is ridiculous!!

Agreeeeeee!

My little nephew has... one wizard school and one white alicorn, and one pinky ali.
He is only seven. He struggled without gripe. So, I can't complain....but...but...

Yes, this is ridiculous!!

riverly
07-09-16, 10:17 PM
I just did the download of new game. I got a glass building. Not thrilled.

gracelinda
07-09-16, 10:38 PM
Acquiring the worms is ridiculous .... They take away our energy and make quests that require a ridiculous amount of energy.

aiyoosha
07-09-16, 10:44 PM
What's the 'spinning thingy'?

I finally just unlocked the rocks for worms part ��... From what I had been reading here, it seemed as though people we're getting a worm on 75-95% of their chops... ME - heck no! I must be jinxed! My first rock pile, I get 2 out of 5 chops - 40%! ... This is getting hopeless!

I had everything I could possibly stock ahead at max... But , just to move one level would take more than max storage... and with all the tapping and chopping, etc... We could have had plenty but since we're maxed... energy is not reaping the same resource as it normally would... The Castle Story team over at Storm8 needs a creative overhaul to realign their focus on concept development which meets the desire of their current & future customers for a challenging yet FUN game. This can easily be done while still spurring profits through enticing in app purchases which provide player advantages and extras. To put out Events and Goals where it's virtually impossible to complete without purchasing gems to speed up everything through the process, is not challenging or fun! It's not a challenge to break out the bank card and skip or speed up through things... Might as well just put the prize in the market for sale! I like to see how well I can do without the "*****s" of skips or speed ups... And if I'm doing well and want to speed up the last bit of an adventure or something, I'm not bothered by doing so. Feeling like I 'HAVE' to if I want to make it through the challenge... Well that just takes so much away from the desire to play.

its that spinny thing i think observatory, it stops spinning when u dont collect from it. i need sleeep i hate these quests i hate chopping 1000000 rocks for worms, rocks takes 20 hits! do you know how much energy that is when we only get to have 40 energy an we have to have at least 20 worms for foood that we need a 100 of. im dead

hexappeal
07-09-16, 11:14 PM
Wow!
I'm really relieved to find this is a Quest that experienced players consider difficult.
It's my FIRST one and not having prior knowledge, thought they were all this energy sucking and that this would be my last.
I'm asking for advice. I'm currently level 22 and I'm afraid that I will not be able to acquire the needed piles of seeds.
(Ivy is generous but not always aware of my needs)
I unlocked the magic garden the day the update came out. It triggered the purple cow so I don't believe I'll be getting seeds yet, just the flowers. I did start the observatory build but I don't have the energy to acquire the red petals. (I was also deep into construction on the deep mine)
Should I quit and go find the purple cow? I have doubts that I can successfully finish.

kschlag
07-09-16, 11:28 PM
Wow!
I'm really relieved to find this is a Quest that experienced players consider difficult.
It's my FIRST one and not having prior knowledge, thought they were all this energy sucking and that this would be my last.
I'm asking for advice. I'm currently level 22 and I'm afraid that I will not be able to acquire the needed piles of seeds.
(Ivy is generous but not always aware of my needs)
I unlocked the magic garden the day the update came out. It triggered the purple cow so I don't believe I'll be getting seeds yet, just the flowers. I did start the observatory build but I don't have the energy to acquire the red petals. (I was also deep into construction on the deep mine)
Should I quit and go find the purple cow? I have doubts that I can successfully finish.

In your situation I'd collect the red petals (15) and finish the conservatory. It has a short collection time (every two hours, if memory serves), and drops seeds pretty regularly. If you have the coins and supplies, it'd be better to build two (they'll come in handy later).

I didnt bother with limited events until I was well over level 30; on the other hand, since this one is mostly about checking the game often enough to use up as much energy as possible, you might find it achievable. I'm pretty sure nearly all of us have unfinished buildings from past events in storage, so don't feel like you have to keep going if it's stressful. The purple cow is pretty cool. ;)

hexappeal
07-09-16, 11:32 PM
Thank you!
I appreciate the advice.
I guess I'll keep on keeping on....

TimeForACuppaTea
07-10-16, 01:03 AM
I knew if I came into the forum I'd find that I wasn't alone in my frustration with this event. I want to smack whoever created level 7 and whoever approved level 7.
I've been playing this game since it came out, level 50, I've done every event. I have loads of things that give me extra energy...
2 Wiz schools
11 full alicorns
7 special alicorns that give random energy
I try to keep the supplies I need for the energy trades in the Royal Exchange maxed in between events (I'm out of stock now but don't dare use energy to restock)
I even try to max supplies needed for the Faerie Elixir in the Greenhouse (gives 20 energy). Still have enough Floral glow to make 7 more elixirs then I'm out.
Even with all that to help me I can't keep up, it's insane. I've never had to rely on these for energy so heavily before.

How many days did they allot for level 7, because it's clearly going to take several days to finish just this level. They really need to either lower the requirements for the roost upgrade or extend the time limit for the whole event because I've been working on this non-stop all day (reached level 7 last night before I went to sleep and got things cooking for while I slept). So far I've only got ...
4/15 Griffin food
6/25 Sky stone
8/30 Nesting Straw
20/20 pile of Seeds (was almost maxed on seeds already)
At this rate it will take me a week to finish just this one level. I can't even keep up with the demand for wheat, I use it all up before my next batch is grown and have to wait on the wheat before I can keep going.

I get that they want us to spend money but I'm in dept with student loans and medical bills so I feel these events should at least be plausible for those who can't spend money.

I don't know who it was that got them to change the number of trade tickets required in the last event to something more reasonable, but could that person (or people) please talk to them again. This is just too much to dump on one level. They really need to put more thought into what can be accomplished in a day, even if it's a weekend I have things that need to get done on the weekends too. Please fix this level.

samillian
07-10-16, 01:11 AM
Am I seeing things..65 nesting straws for level 10...I'm struggling with level 7 and now see I'll have to do it again...are they joking..this has to be some type of typo

Lyzau
07-10-16, 01:14 AM
I knew if I came into the forum I'd find that I wasn't alone in my frustration with this event. I want to smack whoever created level 7 and whoever approved level 7.

You haven't seen what's required for the last upgrade in step 11? Step 7 is peanuts compared to that!

Jinc4
07-10-16, 01:19 AM
I don't know who it was that got them to change the number of trade tickets required in the last event to something more reasonable, but could that person (or people) please talk to them again. This is just too much to dump on one level. They really need to put more thought into what can be accomplished in a day, even if it's a weekend I have things that need to get done on the weekends too. Please fix this level.

I agree. Please S8, review the requirements.

This is no fun and not possible for the vast majority of players.

Queenzod
07-10-16, 01:24 AM
I agree. Please S8, review the requirements.

This is no fun and not possible for the vast majority of players.

Yes, the last part needs to be cut out completely. That would make part seven the worst, and the last part a bit hard but not impossible. There's no way to make 60 nests!

Please remove the last step. Thanks!

ShibuyaCloth
07-10-16, 01:54 AM
S8 is trying to make my u-goals look like a Sunday hick! At leas my u-goals are not timed!

Pfuuu, happy to have a few alis to help. On my main account (this) I gave up. I have not seen report for the REQs of L5 roost, but even if it is similar to L4, that will be a ruff ride, but feasible if all energy is focused on: Wheat Harvest, Rock Hammering & Chicken tending with occasional workshop,keep visits & bacon harvest.

dragoniakingdom
07-10-16, 02:28 AM
What happened to the premise of making quests fun & achievable?

Fun was out of the window day 1 & looks like achievable is getting ready to jump also.....:rolleyes:

pieandcream
07-10-16, 02:48 AM
Well that just takes so much away from the desire to play.

agreed. players just starting wont want to continue. im level 49 and doubt i'll be able to finish this quest, didnt manage the last one either. how are newer players supposed to cope?

Castloninian
07-10-16, 03:13 AM
Oh my goodness... upgrades to level 4 and 5 are just insane. I'm a very long-time level 50 player without a huge herd of alicorns and the energy and time requirements for this quest are ridiculous. Never before have I struggled this much, it has always been doable - albeit very time comsuming. I just cannot understand how they could put out an event like this, surely something has to change in order to make it more doable for even the highest level players.

kumkibaby
07-10-16, 03:27 AM
I am already wasting my eggs for collecting feathers. At level 10 the requirements to upgrade the nest to L4 is herculean task. If the list given for up gradation to L5 is true..... I must retire from the game and go on vacation for rest and recuperation.

kolakid
07-10-16, 04:05 AM
Am I seeing things..65 nesting straws for level 10...I'm struggling with level 7 and now see I'll have to do it again...are they joking..this has to be some type of typo

NOPE not a joke...
trying to do but honestly really think S8 are trying to **** this Game!
Have played this game from the beginning and am a gem player but this Quest is the most ridiculous by far...
after this one looks like FINALLY time to say goodbye!