PDA

View Full Version : Castle Story: 7/07 Update - A Grand Migration (TIMED/OPTIONAL) | *goals in post 1*

Pages : 1 2 3 [4]

murkin4242
07-17-16, 08:51 PM
This was a boring and unachievable quest. So tired of breaking rocks and growing wheat. Now I am out if time. I'm so over this game.

msmorg
07-17-16, 08:53 PM
I feel your pain, I'm very sad that I see I will have to give up at Level 11, I I tried so hard hard it's just impossible to complete the upgrade of the Roost from Level 4 to 5 before the time expires as I still need 32 nesting straws (320 chicken feathers and 160 wheat) 13 sky stones ( 130 wheat) and 11 Griffin Food ( 220 worms 42 roast chicken) ..... 1400+ gems to skip .. 😢

carove
07-17-16, 09:18 PM
Well I finally finished this time consuming event and just got my Griffin. Can't say I really enjoyed it tho' as it took a lot of time and energy to complete it. I had to stop clearing my queendom to get through it. Will have to check out the next one throughly before bothering to commence it.
Bring on some more untimed storyline challenges please.

carove
07-17-16, 09:28 PM
����Please bring back the loveshack so we can craft the regular alicorns����

MichaelKors1
07-17-16, 09:42 PM
Part 11 takes too long to complete. 65 nesting straw, 40 sky stones, 20 Griffin food, 5 Soft Blanket. Not enough time to finish and a waste of time for me to even try. So close to the end and yet so far.

sassyp8383
07-17-16, 10:13 PM
Can we please get more time? I've been playing like crazy, and to the point now where I'm obviously not going to make it. All that time wasted!!

hagypagy
07-17-16, 10:46 PM
Phew!
Finally just starting crafting my last nesting twigs so I'll get my Griffin in about an hour :cool:
This was close one, I normally finish with days to spare but I got a bit lazy with this one as it was pretty uninspiring collecting so many feathers, wheat and worms.
Also kinda glad, now that I've made it, that the sale pack the last couple days was so useless... would've actually spent real money if there was a suitable option to, and now I've made it without spending any gems or real money I'm glad I didn't!

yummy_bistro
07-17-16, 11:41 PM
no exotic thread from stables? is it random drop?

blackpearl9
07-17-16, 11:47 PM
����Please bring back the loveshack so we can craft the regular alicorns����
Don't expect too much, you wouldn't get the chance to craft more than one alicorn per year (that is, if you also spend 200 gems for one still missing item). To craft alicorns you need some very rare drops from adventure. And for some time now those drops have been REALLY VERY rare. You could as well buy the alicorn in the store, that's faster than trying to get a wing and a horn from the "love magic" adventure.

SpiritWind00
07-18-16, 12:43 AM
no exotic thread from stables? is it random drop?
No, not a random drop. It's a 1 drop min, sometimes more. Only drops once you're at that goal. Maybe you need to force close to see your drop.?

BungoCook
07-18-16, 12:48 AM
Part 11 takes too long to complete. 65 nesting straw, 40 sky stones, 20 Griffin food, 5 Soft Blanket. Not enough time to finish and a waste of time for me to even try. So close to the end and yet so far.

Yes I'm the same. I've tried hard but the last level up requirements are beyond ridiculous. Can't play every half hour and for those of us in that boat there really should have been ways of getting nest drops in bulk or feathers for that matter, not by spending gems.i have a feeling the griffon will be in a value pack for gems after this event but I'm so scunered with this event I feel I might pass. Been playing since before Love shack but even that didn't help. First time I've not been able to finish an event optional or otherwise. Greedy and disappointing are the words that sum this one up. Really challenging the loyalty here. Sad.

woodlandlady
07-18-16, 04:35 AM
Agree! I'm in the same place. If I'm close, I usually use gems to 'complete the mission.' But this will be the first time I'm close and won't do that: I can't justify 50 bucks for a griffin.

Suggestion to Storm 8: Let's have a "Summer Completion Festival" where all the old events are brought back at the same time---for a limited time--- to allow us to complete some of the unfinished things in our kingdoms. Give us a week or 10 days to work on all the quests we failed to complete: gazebo, stargazer's ridge, etc. It would be a really neat "free for all" - and we would have to pick and choose what to complete... and those of us who really wanted to could get out black and orange ink up to 99, as well. ;)

Love this idea. Seriously S8 please consider, it might help to quell some of the ill feeling this impossible quest has generated?

woodlandlady
07-18-16, 04:36 AM
Yes I'm the same. I've tried hard but the last level up requirements are beyond ridiculous. Can't play every half hour and for those of us in that boat there really should have been ways of getting nest drops in bulk or feathers for that matter, not by spending gems.i have a feeling the griffon will be in a value pack for gems after this event but I'm so scunered with this event I feel I might pass. Been playing since before Love shack but even that didn't help. First time I've not been able to finish an event optional or otherwise. Greedy and disappointing are the words that sum this one up. Really challenging the loyalty here. Sad.

Me too, I've been playing since the very beginning, pre love shack etc and this is the first quest I've not completed. That can't be right :-(

JojoMoonflower
07-18-16, 05:59 AM
Can we please get more time? I've been playing like crazy, and to the point now where I'm obviously not going to make it. All that time wasted!!

I agree! S8 please extend time to finish this event. Lots of people cannot finisn in the time allowed.

cleveridiot
07-18-16, 06:32 AM
I first started playing this so long ago, and I haven taken 3 or 4 long breaks from the game, one of which lasted over a year. But I came back to the game the same day this quest started and got all exited, especially after looking at other kingdoms and see all the past stuff I missed wondering why I ever left. And now after spend my 250 reserved gems, I would still need to spend $15 to finish I remembered why I keep leaving. I can't play at work, I work with people credit cards and personal information and would be fired for having my phone out. But even when I was in college and had a lot more down time and could use my phone at work I would either bearly finish or never finish the last step. The only way I can continue is to just give up on all timed quest because they are a waste for me.

mustangsally88
07-18-16, 06:56 AM
Unable to finish this event!! Really?!? If you aren't playing this on a 24/7 basis, seriously: UNABLE TO FINISH
and now with all this time, energy, and frustration used up, I really don't want to play this game anymore. Have been a consistent and gem spending player, have never posted a disappointed message in this game, but this time, needed to voice what a SUCKFEST this event has been. Think you need to add extra time to make majority of your players happy and most of all they just may want to keep playing.

1ch1ps
07-18-16, 07:32 AM
I'm not going through 55 pgs .... Does any rock give more worms? I don't think I'll finish, can't use gems, so I'm constantly in there clicking.

aurora171
07-18-16, 07:42 AM
I'm kinda disappointed, having come so far with this event that the prize is almost within touching grasp but there's no way I'm going to achieve it in the time that's left. BUT I would like to say a HUGE thank you to those who had posted ahead the various goals and such, which really did help to stop being so deflated when hitting part 11 and seeing the bazillion things that need making. I can only imagine how people who don't know about the forums must be feeling, not knowing of the mammoth task ahead of them and that you can start crafting in advance for said mammoth tasks!

mikepastry
07-18-16, 08:46 AM
What happens after you upgrade the Griffin Roost to Level 5? Do you get the Griffin right away or do you have to wait more? Do you need to wait for another 6 hours for the Griffin to hatch?

LeBonza
07-18-16, 08:50 AM
I agree with everyone else who has said this event is ridiculous and NOT FUN!!!

BufftonHeights
07-18-16, 09:00 AM
I'm not going through 55 pgs .... Does any rock give more worms? I don't think I'll finish, can't use gems, so I'm constantly in there clicking.

I had the best luck with the regular 20 chop outcropping. Also what I noticed was that I had a better yield when I did all 20 chops at once, then when I did I onesy - twosey chops when low on energy.

MaddieMay33
07-18-16, 09:54 AM
What happens after you upgrade the Griffin Roost to Level 5? Do you get the Griffin right away or do you have to wait more? Do you need to wait for another 6 hours for the Griffin to hatch?

I have same question. If I finish the last step right before timer goes off, will I still not finish because of this?

Araleth
07-18-16, 10:23 AM
I'm not sure what is going on at Storm 8 but I sure don't like it! I have been playing Castle Story for a VERY long time and have bought my fair share of gems to both support the developers and to further my game in a pinch. These last two quests have been absolutely ridiculously difficult and unfortunately it seems as if Storm 8 is only interested in gathering in the $$ and no longer cares about their loyal players. Like so many others, I have to work for a living and although I enjoyed playing the game for fun and relaxation, it isn't the most important part of my day. I try to get to it in the morning and when I get home from work and play a bit more on the weekends. Previously that has been sufficient to complete most quests but not lately. I have to say that I'm very disappointed in the direction that Storm 8 is going with Castle story and depending on what happens in the near future with quests, I may have to find another venue that is more fun, less frustrating and less greedy to spend my valuable time - and money on. Listen to your players please and go back to producing a quality product. Oh, and if there was a way to completely get rid of that "Magnificent" stag that we all spent so much frustrating time and energy on from the last quest, I'm sure that many of us would!

zayn95
07-18-16, 10:26 AM
Truly disappointed in this quest. I have been as diligent as possible about collecting and won't finish part 11. I believe I've finally hit my breaking point with timed events S8.

Zirilka
07-18-16, 10:44 AM
Shockingly I made it with 6 hours to spare which I think is a huge achievement for a level 30 player (though I leveled up in the middle of the quest). Also, I haven't gemmed if you do not count a 30 gem investment in a sheep BUT I work from home and so I have no problems with being glued to my device. This would not be the case for someone with regular 9 to 5 life.

Huge thanks to all who made it possible by posting here.

chefereevee
07-18-16, 11:01 AM
I agree the last two were just too hard to accomplish and I worked on it day and night too. It's too bad it is very frustrating......

mikepastry
07-18-16, 11:01 AM
As soon as you upgrade the Griffin Roost to Level 5, you get the Griffin! So, 6 hours are out! Good luck to those who did not give up and are still trying to finish this goal!

chefereevee
07-18-16, 11:04 AM
Truly disappointed in this quest. I have been as diligent as possible about collecting and won't finish part 11. I believe I've finally hit my breaking point with timed events S8.

Ditto

chefereevee
07-18-16, 11:10 AM
It is time for me to give up. Been playing since the early days but it is no longer fun. I'm tired of these time limited quests. I don't have time nor ability to play all day long. Needing All these items to upgrade Griffin Roost to Stage 5 0/1 GO | 65 nesting straw, 40 sky stones, 20 Griffin food, 5 Soft Blanket on a time limited item is just silly. I made it this far and even if I didn't sleep or do anything but play I can't achieve this before time is up. I have the blankets and am halfway to the rest of the items. If not time limited it is doable but since it is then not possible. I have a wifi only device, play a few times a day as able. I think it is time to go play something else and then come back when the main storyline returns. And pop in once a day to work towards expansions. Constant time only events just aren't fun for me. I'm disappointed that I made it this far but can't finish like so many of the timed events.
Amen storm8 please hear the people!

fuzzyelfone
07-18-16, 11:26 AM
I've seen the team admit mistakes and make it right before, so I propose the LEAST they could do is offer EVERYONE the option to purchase (at a tiny gem fee) the griffin regardless if you finished this mind numbing, stressful quest...they've gotten a huge paycheck by now so where's the harm?

Tsamlok
07-18-16, 11:45 AM
I'm so really dissappointed by this Second Mission in a Chain Is it now the destination for the Gamers to realize, that the Target could only be reached by paying for GEMS. Ok. That's it. That's a reason to finish with playing this Game. There are so more things to do in your life

@Administrator: Please delete My Storm-ID ( and so within Castle World )

alohomora1610
07-18-16, 11:51 AM
I Never thought this Would Happens, but: I will finish that in 2 Hours! I don't spend Gems, but lot of my Energy Crates are gone now.

This Quest was impossible to Do Without Gems or Energy Crates. I Hope Storm 8 Will made it easier in Future. Ich mach das nicht nochmal so!

CoachSuze
07-18-16, 12:08 PM

There was a lot of speculation as to which type gave the best returns on worms... In the end, I noticed they were all the same... One small rock may give 100% return while the next one may only yield 1 or 2 worms! Both the iron rich and large rock were just as random... I eventually just stuck with the large rock to save frustration and time with replacing used up rocks.
The only rock I didn't try was the dark cave glimmer rock - or what ever it's called (the one you have use gems to buy); I received 2 from adventures but as I was maxed on so much... I didn't want to waste the more valuable yields from them by chopping them for worms during this event.

So, that would be the only possibility for higher yields of worms - that I can see... Somehow I doubt they make a difference in worms though.

~With the immense time, energy and tedious tapping required for this event, one would have thought S8 would have made the chops a minimum of 1 worm/chop... It was like insult to injury when you had 3 energy left & needed 1 worm to start a food - that was when you'd chop 3 and get none! Happened time and again for me & I'm lucky I managed to keep from throwing my phone across the room and smashing it up!!

MaddieMay33
07-18-16, 12:23 PM
As soon as you upgrade the Griffin Roost to Level 5, you get the Griffin! So, 6 hours are out! Good luck to those who did not give up and are still trying to finish this goal!

Thanks

MaddieMay33
07-18-16, 12:33 PM
4 hours left and 3 nesting thingys to go. I'm gonna make it

M2013C
07-18-16, 12:33 PM
I always spend gems on Castle Story but now I wont anymore. This quest is impossible to do and I am a level 50 player. I play in the morning and when I come home, I dont play castle story for fun anymore. You really dont get a break from it to spend time on building your game because everytime there is another quest. Now I know that this quest is all about the money players spend on gems.

muggapug
07-18-16, 01:07 PM
I am pondering how much I want that griffen since I have so much left to do. I was out of the game two days last week for work/kid reasons and haven't a shot at catching up. The worms particularly were a ridiculous effort. Why don't you let me use some of the gummy worms I still have in my inventory from one of the past follies?

alohomora1610
07-18-16, 02:12 PM
I got it!

But it's sooooo good to Play just for Fun again!

Perry9877
07-18-16, 02:12 PM
I am confused. I worked like a mad woman to get the quest finished and before passing out last night (we have been fighting illness in our home all week, but hubby gave me the night off from kid wrangling to rest and finish the quest) and remember upgrading the rock to Level 5. But where is the Griffin? I have the one from the Baron's tent, but I do not see any other one. I literally collected what I needed, and levelled the rock up and rolled over and passed out. Just woke up and and am looking for my Griffin.

Clark_Wayne
07-18-16, 02:15 PM
less than 2h left and i only reached step 9. i'm giving up this. this is the 2nd impossible quest (unless you play 24h/day) !
no more fun with Castle story :(

PrincessCupOButter
07-18-16, 02:15 PM
I am confused. I worked like a mad woman to get the quest finished and before passing out last night (we have been fighting illness in our home all week, but hubby gave me the night off from kid wrangling to rest and finish the quest) and remember upgrading the rock to Level 5. But where is the Griffin? I have the one from the Baron's tent, but I do not see any other one. I literally collected what I needed, and levelled the rock up and rolled over and passed out. Just woke up and and am looking for my Griffin.

Check your inventory! It goes straight to storage....no notice, no fanfare. Very anticlimactic. Lol

sblizzard
07-18-16, 02:27 PM
I'm not sure what is going on at Storm 8 but I sure don't like it! I have been playing Castle Story for a VERY long time and have bought my fair share of gems to both support the developers and to further my game in a pinch. These last two quests have been absolutely ridiculously difficult and unfortunately it seems as if Storm 8 is only interested in gathering in the $$ and no longer cares about their loyal players. Like so many others, I have to work for a living and although I enjoyed playing the game for fun and relaxation, it isn't the most important part of my day. I try to get to it in the morning and when I get home from work and play a bit more on the weekends. Previously that has been sufficient to complete most quests but not lately. I have to say that I'm very disappointed in the direction that Storm 8 is going with Castle story and depending on what happens in the near future with quests, I may have to find another venue that is more fun, less frustrating and less greedy to spend my valuable time - and money on. Listen to your players please and go back to producing a quality product. Oh, and if there was a way to completely get rid of that "Magnificent" stag that we all spent so much frustrating time and energy on from the last quest, I'm sure that many of us would!

I absolutely agree. I am very disappointed with this taking so many resources to accomplish the goals. I bought the unlimited energy, but that wasn't enough either. I will have to seriously consider participating in future.

HappyHeartBakery
07-18-16, 02:53 PM
Well after lots of hard work I'm out.
Like many others have stated there's no way I can get all the ite,s to finish. I've been working hard, but here I sit on the last item of trying to level the nest to lvl 5. 2 hrs left & I have 7/20 food, 59/65 nests & 2 hrs left. There's no possible way. I'm on lvl 50. What does it take to finish a quest in this game. A little ridiculous

vixiebondi
07-18-16, 03:23 PM
Yet another challenge where it is impossible to complete unless you spend money. Have done nothing for days but punch rocks for worms and collect feathers from chickens. Even with ONLY doing the tasks to complete the challenge I still have the last two challenges to complete in an hour. Surprise surprise I now have to make another bunch of nests and food.
Complete farce.
I enter all the challenges and lately have completed none. I wanted the fairy so bad I bought gems but not even then could I complete the challenge. Again, another challenge where I do nothing else in the game except complete the milestones.
I have a stage 4 cherry tree, griffin nest, and whatever else.

Ridiculous

vixiebondi
07-18-16, 03:26 PM
Yep me too!

elita_1
07-18-16, 03:44 PM
Me three!! Level 50 with MAD resources and still couldn't finish without playing like a mindless zombie. I bought gems and the unlimited energy but I still have to say enough is enough. Screw it if I don't get the Griffin. I'd only want him for Golden Eggs anyway but I have plenty of those from plucking all of th chickens and banging through rocks like John Henry with a sledgehammer. Odd to say but I enjoy just reorganizing, decorating and maintaining my resources now. Think I'll focus on expansions since that's at least a realistic goal. Make my own challenges because the time and anxiety to finish the ones I've seen lately?? Ends don't justify the means. Not by a long shot. How about a beast that gives full energy every 24 hours instead of every 7 days? How about a carriage that rides around the kingdom like the characters? I'm tired.

deejud
07-18-16, 03:53 PM
I finished, now I have cows to milk!

bald1e
07-18-16, 04:09 PM
I didn't get the Griffin, I had about 20 secs left when I upgraded the Roost to level 5 and I couldn't see it in my inventory.

BahSunFarms
07-18-16, 04:13 PM
Level 50 and this is the first event since last year that I haven't been able to complete. Sad. I really wanted that griffin!

Fairy4kingdom
07-18-16, 04:14 PM
This is ridiculous and unfair! I am very angry! I managed to finish this quest and upgrade the griffin roost at the last minute and obtain the r. Griffin just to see my game freeze. I restarted it and now it shows like I didn't upgrade at all,no level 5 roost and no griffin! I've spent my last gems on this event and now I have none including no griffin?! And to top it off the event is no longer on my list (I'm located in Europe) Well,isn't that just great?! I'm beyond dissapointed...:-(:-(

cookie2crumble
07-18-16, 04:15 PM
I finished, now I have cows to milk!

My cows have just got back from their summer holiday looked chilled and ready to take on the world. Me I have crossed eyed vision and a finger that needs physio and still didn't finish needed 7 more nests and 2 blankets. Kinda knew that I wouldn't make it but still kept persevering till the bitter end.

gorrith
07-18-16, 04:18 PM
These last two events have been by far the worst events produced in Castle Story. I have been playing for years and I am an occasional spender. I usually finish events but these last two below par events - not even close.... Please sort it out before I get annoyed enough to press delete.

HappyBunny09
07-18-16, 04:22 PM
I absolutely agree. I am very disappointed with this taking so many resources to accomplish the goals. I bought the unlimited energy, but that wasn't enough either. I will have to seriously consider participating in future.

I absolutely agree with this because I put a lot of things on hold to try to finish it but there was so much to do that I fell behind and couldn't finish

bald1e
07-18-16, 04:22 PM
Same here with the freezing but thought I still managed to do the upgrade.

cookies2crumbs
07-18-16, 04:24 PM
These last two events have been by far the worst events produced in Castle Story. I have been playing for years and I am an occasional spender. I usually finish events but these last two below par events - not even close.... Please sort it out before I get annoyed enough to press delete.

I am in exactly the same boat didn't finish the last two events. This is a game and should never become a repetitive finger syndrome.

labsandboxers
07-18-16, 04:55 PM
Same here. I usually finish events. Bad web connections this weekend. Was the griffin the reward. One was he cute? I was disappointed with the size of the stag compared to the other animals. In the last event

ghjvcucjb
07-18-16, 05:03 PM
Add me to all the other frustrated unhappy players list.

alintak
07-18-16, 06:06 PM
I kept working and making wheat, etc... and when i know the time is up to collect my nests I discovered I couldn't make more cuz it expired!!! I have a lot of rocks and wheat to harvest... you could have given us some advance warning... it didn't give me how many hours on the great migration line -- nothing... I was at the last part.

1ch1ps
07-18-16, 06:13 PM
The shear amount of of worms feathers etc...bordered on ridiculous. I won't use gems, so know I have a griffin egg in a nest, but looks like you can still keep updating. One day I might finish the faery one

shooshemc
07-18-16, 06:27 PM
I had the same thing. I checked to be sure that the quest did not have an expiration date and now it is gone. This sucks.

labsandboxers
07-18-16, 07:13 PM
My nest went straight into storage. Sometimes you wonder if the developers actually play the game. To know that most work and cannot live every second chopping and doing ridiculous goals

alintak
07-18-16, 08:08 PM
Opened a ticket.

yummy_bistro
07-18-16, 08:31 PM
kinda glad it s over lol
so I can focus on other goals

cyndora
07-18-16, 09:14 PM
i would like to ask that , if our feedback is really considered....what has storm8 taken from all of these comments, and what do they plan on doing for upcoming events timed or not...???
i stopped at chapter 4 because i knew this was going to be something i would have to devote most of my free time doing. and its just not something i can do . this was a very high demanding quest, and i would personally like to spend time with family and friends then spending all day tapping things, and yes i can afford to buy packets , and gems , and whatever...but i will not support a company that thinks i am a cash cow instead of a loyal player.
theres many other games out there, and i stuck with castle story for many years, but if things keep going forward like the last 2 events/quests, and create events that are a plain as day strategic ploy to shake me down, i will have no choice but to delete and move on.
so if a dev can respond to my question, about what advice, considerations, feedback that was given was REALLY taken into account, that would be great.

thanks
cyn

sandvich459
07-18-16, 11:24 PM
This is ridiculous and unfair! I am very angry! I managed to finish this quest and upgrade the griffin roost at the last minute and obtain the r. Griffin just to see my game freeze. I restarted it and now it shows like I didn't upgrade at all,no level 5 roost and no griffin! I've spent my last gems on this event and now I have none including no griffin?! And to top it off the event is no longer on my list (I'm located in Europe) Well,isn't that just great?! I'm beyond dissapointed...:-(:-(

I'm sorry, I totally know how you feel. Such a ridiculous amount of work and now nothing to show for it. I needed ONE more nest, had 35 minutes left to the quest and my wi-fi at work disconnected and I couldn't get back on. ONE little nest after 10 days of wasting resources & time & energy. This is also my 2nd quest unfinished and being somewhat ocd that is really making me mad 😡

spanisheyes1
07-18-16, 11:24 PM
One of my early posts and it is to add my name to the list of disgrunted players.
Not to point a finger but the OP has to shoulder a bit of responsibility for my frustrations. I didnt know how much time I would be able to give to this so I checked here for requirements early on. The title of this thread mislead me in that (TIMED/OPTIONAL) gave me the impression I would be able to complete even if the story vanished. My own fault but still.....

aurora171
07-19-16, 04:00 AM
omg struggling with energy during this event and now Sir Pigglesworth decides to drop 40 energy?! really kinda annoying 'cause could have done with this yesterday!!

woodlandlady
07-19-16, 05:57 AM
Just trawling through the last dozen or so pages and can't find any comment from S8 or a moderator at all about all this? Is that right?

vickyville14
07-19-16, 05:58 AM
I couldn't finish either. Spent way too much time, became frustrated, need to avoid these quests. For what, another dragon like character? The last couple dragons only drop things I don't need anyway. The only thing worth this type of work would have to drop energy (even a small amount) or a gem.

LordReginald1
07-19-16, 06:21 AM
I didn't see any time limits on the quest, so thought it was one of those you could complete at your leisure. WRONG! And after days of planting wheat and looking for worms and sky stones, woke up this morning to nothing, geez thanks so much :( Should wear my glasses more often maybe?

1ch1ps
07-19-16, 06:23 AM
Add me to the disgruntled players. Do anyone read the top of this thread? (Timed/optional) to me that means we could keep working. I lost my job 9 months ago, so I could keep stopping in collecting things and I wasn't close on those worms. If it wasn't timing optionall why does the thread lead us to believe it....all of these should be optional. Maybe give the ones that finished a golden griffin and those of us that finish on our own regular one. I'll open a thread too...

LordReginald1
07-19-16, 06:46 AM
Agree, lately seems to be these stupid quests that unless you have limitless gems you have no possibility of finishing, cannot be awake 24/7 and have to work. Come on Storm get real for all of us that have been with you on this game from the start.

Steffihilson
07-19-16, 06:49 AM
Add me to the disgruntled players. Do anyone read the top of this thread? (Timed/optional) to me that means we could keep working. I lost my job 9 months ago, so I could keep stopping in collecting things and I wasn't close on those worms. If it wasn't timing optionall why does the thread lead us to believe it....all of these should be optional. Maybe give the ones that finished a golden griffin and those of us that finish on our own regular one. I'll open a thread too...

Optional means not obligatory, in this case, to continue with the main story line. Timed means that we have a certain amount of days to finish. This one clearly was timed and optional, so what do you mean? And what would be a purpose of a timed event if you were able to continue after the time ends?

sharpeirox
07-19-16, 06:52 AM
Agree, lately seems to be these stupid quests that unless you have limitless gems you have no possibility of finishing, cannot be awake 24/7 and have to work. Come on Storm get real for all of us that have been with you on this game from the start.

I agree, it seems the quests are getting more difficult and I spent quite a bit of money and did not make it. Have been playing for years but its slowly becoming a drag. I dont mind a challenge but like others, I do jave to sleep and work. Had alarm set a couple of nights to wake me every 15 mins, am exhausted and for nothing.

transberry
07-19-16, 06:58 AM
Wasn't difficult if

You could remember to send quest every half hour and create nests every hour

I couldn't, just like way back when I had college and didn't finish rain deer or bat thing, bought a bat later on, same with reindeer still have unfinished reindeer and now griffin

Was going great til last Wednesday when I had to pull 12 hour volunteer days

Solientus
07-19-16, 07:49 AM
One of my early posts and it is to add my name to the list of disgrunted players.
Not to point a finger but the OP has to shoulder a bit of responsibility for my frustrations. I didnt know how much time I would be able to give to this so I checked here for requirements early on. The title of this thread mislead me in that (TIMED/OPTIONAL) gave me the impression I would be able to complete even if the story vanished. My own fault but still.....

All of these Events are listed in their titles as Timed/Optional. It is a timed event and you don't need to work on them. Stag, Cherry Hive, all of them. Optional means the event isn't required to progress the main story line. I do agree however a Day/Hour/Minute Timer should have been available on the right hand side of our screen so we could better judge if we could finish in time.
As a bit of an aside, for future timed/optional quests, generally when the "Sale"/pack offer expires on that last day or two of an event - that usually coincides with the event ending. That sale pack/value offer, whatever you want to call it, will always have a "sale ending" timer on it.

Just trawling through the last dozen or so pages and can't find any comment from S8 or a moderator at all about all this? Is that right?
12 pages is only about 3 days worth of posts. I too enjoy seeing that we're being acknowledged but as far as I've seen some Mods (maybe all, I don't know) are responsible for several game forums (DS, RS2, etc.) which also have events going on. I'm not excusing anything, but it's just something to consider, I think.

yes that is correct. They let players rant without giving us a response and then the thread will be closed without warning. This post will probably be deleted.
Threads are sometimes just closed when they are no longer relevant. Timed event over for a week or two? I expect this will be closed and/or moved to the Vault of other timed/optional events. Personally I don't see anything sinister about that.
I tend to find no matter the response (from Mod or S8 associate) is just fuel for the fire and would have to assume a response (if any) will be posted when the majority of comments are in. I think most people would have to agree that waiting until all cases are made is the best time to then furnish a response.

Part of SW00 response on the 12th was "I have been in discussion with sourp4tch quite a bit during this event, so please know your feedback is being passed on as well as loads of my own feedback." I'm not sure was else you expect them to do other then give the feedback. I've seen a few people throw mods under the the bus but for the most part they're here to remove/move off-topic/offensive posts, help other players using their own game knowledge, and of course comment like the rest of us.

spanisheyes1
07-19-16, 08:11 AM
Optional means not obligatory, in this case, to continue with the main story line. Timed means that we have a certain amount of days to finish. This one clearly was timed and optional, so what do you mean? And what would be a purpose of a timed event if you were able to continue after the time ends?
Forgive ME for being an ignoramus. I obviously havent been playing very long, nowhere near as long as any of you, so it is all new to me. I had the forsight to check forum before attempting but was confused over the term optional. In my mind I saw the storyline finishing but the requirements continuing through the upgrade side and with the items still dropping, that sort of scenario. Inocent yes but as this is my first ever challenge I plead ignorance. Sorry, not my first ever, I played 1/2 heartedly with that other thing a short while ago and that is what made me check before starting this time.

Solientus. Thank you, I find your explanation easier to understand but you talk about - Stag and Cherry Hive! I have no idea what these are, I can only guess that they are others in a sequence of these type of things!
Do you think that S8 and your Mods also expect everyone to be long termers and nobody realises that there are newbies out there struggling to come to terms with what is happening? Actually, if anyone can point me in the way of some good threads for newbies I would appreciate it.

Solientus
07-19-16, 08:33 AM
...so it is all new to me. I had the forsight to check forum before attempting but was confused over the term optional. In my mind I saw the storyline finishing but the requirements continuing through the upgrade side and with the items still dropping, that sort of scenario. Innocent yes but as this is my first ever challenge I plead ignorance.

...Stag and Cherry Hive! I have no idea what these are, I can only guess that they are others in a sequence of these type of things!
Do you think that S8 and your Mods also expect everyone to be long termers and nobody realises that there are newbies out there struggling to come to terms with what is happening? Actually, if anyone can point me in the way of some good threads for newbies I would appreciate it.

Even though you might be relatively new to CS, I'm really glad you came to the forums. I haven't played all that long but would be totally lost on some of these timed quests if I didn't check in here.
When I'm searching for posts I find it a lot easier on my computer, even though I'm usually on my tablet or phone thread forums. For me, I just go to the "Help Me" post because that's the easiest way to find Spiritwind00's Forum signature. In the signature are your main places to find links. "Story Outline Guide" link has helped me to prepare for things like upcoming mats needed in quest chains.

Sorry this post is off topic in here but thought I should reply. Remove if necessary. Thanks.

PS- Found link: The Hub, Part 1, Section C, Number 5:"Q&A TIME! Castle Story 101 - Help and Information for new players" (http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?75916-THE-HUB!-CLICK-HERE-FOR-GAME-GUIDES-%28Inventory-Building-Story%29-and-HELP!&p=1164564&viewfull=1#post1164564)

VersaceMorrow
07-19-16, 09:06 AM
omg struggling with energy during this event and now Sir Pigglesworth decides to drop 40 energy?! really kinda annoying 'cause could have done with this yesterday!!

I had a similar thing... one hippie alicorn dropped 100 energy today and the other dropped 20! Don't get me wrong, I'll take it and I am happy for the opportunity to collect long-neglected items but it is a bit in your face lol

tuffyjkitten
07-19-16, 09:20 AM
This was a hideous event. Yes we asked for shorter timers on things, but every half hour to collect from chickens and send quests was a bit ridiculous. I'm not working right now so I was able to set a timer and continue with my household day but geez was it annoying to have to continually stop what I was doing and play a game! I wanted the griffin since that's our last name so I did drop some gems to finish...I couldn't take the endless tapping anymore!

I did get a golden egg from the roost last night and another from the Griffin this morning, so I guess that's something.

Also for anyone who doesn't know, the mods don't work for S8, they are players just like us. They have no superpowers to fix problems and are another communication link to S8. They post the information they are given, they don't create or control it. Dumping on them isn't really fair or nice.

spanisheyes1
07-19-16, 09:37 AM
Even though you might be relatively new to CS, I'm really glad you came to the forums. I haven't played all that long but would be totally lost on some of these timed quests if I didn't check in here.
When I'm searching for posts I find it a lot easier on my computer, even though I'm usually on my tablet or phone thread forums. For me, I just go to the "Help Me" post because that's the easiest way to find Spiritwind00's Forum signature. In the signature are your main places to find links. "Story Outline Guide" link has helped me to prepare for things like upcoming mats needed in quest chains.

Sorry this post is off topic in here but thought I should reply. Remove if necessary. Thanks.

Thank you.

Steffihilson
07-19-16, 09:58 AM
Forgive ME for being an ignoramus. I obviously havent been playing very long, nowhere near as long as any of you, so it is all new to me. I had the forsight to check forum before attempting but was confused over the term optional. In my mind I saw the storyline finishing but the requirements continuing through the upgrade side and with the items still dropping, that sort of scenario. Inocent yes but as this is my first ever challenge I plead ignorance. Sorry, not my first ever, I played 1/2 heartedly with that other thing a short while ago and that is what made me check before starting this time.

I've just reread my post and I've noticed it sounds a bit rude. Sorry for that :) I just couldn't imagine how else you could understand terms time/optional and was curious :)
I'm glad someone understood you better and was able to help! :)

petal2092
07-19-16, 10:00 AM
I went on vacation (yea! Not complaining about that!) so I couldn't finish the quest but I I hoping that the griffin would appear in the market. I thought I read somewhere that he/she would be available for purchase.

WindsorKingdom1
07-19-16, 10:08 AM
I have been playing for a while now but have never posted, however, this goal was RIDICULOUS! Seriously, do you people think we have nothing better to do than crush rocks, grow wheat, feed chickens and everything else for that matter? We have lives, jobs and families! This goal was completely impossible without using gems. I visited all of my neighbor's tonight and only four out of all of them have their Griffin. Out of the rest, there was only one, besides me, that even had their nest at level four! Listen to your players and stop trying to set ridiculous goals without us spending money on this game. Believe me, I have spent plenty since I started playing, but it makes me resentful and doesn't feel like fun anymore. It just makes me feel like you guys are greedy and I have basically stopped paying anything to play. Now you are on the verge of losing a lot of paying players.

Solientus
07-19-16, 10:18 AM
...so I couldn't finish the quest but I I hoping that the griffin would appear in the market. I thought I read somewhere that he/she would be available for purchase.
Yeah that post got buried somewhere but SW00 put it on the first page (glad I didn't have to go digging again :P):

The Royal Griffin, which is the prize for the event, will be available for additional purchase after you complete the event. Completing the event rewards you one Royal Griffin for free, and unlocks the Royal Griffin for purchase in the Market.
PS- I just searched my Market, all of it: Deco, Buildings, Nature, Featured and I can't find the Griffin for sale. I wanted to be able to post the gem price but nope. Maybe it was available only immediately after the event ended? All I know is I don't see it, so actually I have no idea : /

Pretty much you're able to buy one if you finished the quest line. I really am hoping though that they adjust this. A lot of Rulers missed out, either by opting out of finishing (for time available or principle) or being unable to finish (some unfairly so) and I think it should still be purchasable. Now, I don't know that too many people will want to spend that amount of gems, but I feel it should atleast be an option. Of course there's the Fireworks Griffin, but I don't believe it has the same drops (Golden Egg?), or the same colouring - which might be what people are looking for.

PPS-For anyone able to finish how awesome is this:
The level 5 Griffin Roost will drop:
Golden Egg
Wheat
Roast Chicken
Griffin Egg
Stone

Eggy! I know it's a snowball chance drop rate, but I'm pretty stoked!

jwilmarketingmom
07-19-16, 11:12 AM
I wish I had read the list of stuff we had to do to move forward before I wasted so much energy and time on this. I also can't check the game once every half an hour, I have a job, kids, a life. Had I known how much was required to upgrade the nest to level four I probably would have stopped long before.

tuffyjkitten
07-19-16, 11:53 AM
Yeah that post got buried somewhere but SW00 put it on the first page (glad I didn't have to go digging again :P):

PS- I just searched my Market, all of it: Deco, Buildings, Nature, Featured and I can't find the Griffin for sale. I wanted to be able to post the gem price but nope. Maybe it was available only immediately after the event ended? All I know is I don't see it, so actually I have no idea : /

Pretty much you're able to buy one if you finished the quest line. I really am hoping though that they adjust this. A lot of Rulers missed out, either by opting out of finishing (for time available or principle) or being unable to finish (some unfairly so) and I think it should still be purchasable. Now, I don't know that too many people will want to spend that amount of gems, but I feel it should atleast be an option. Of course there's the Fireworks Griffin, but I don't believe it has the same drops (Golden Egg?), or the same colouring - which might be what people are looking for?

I completed the event and I don't have the Griffin for purchase either. I remember seeing it in the market at the beginning of the event with the "locked by goal" tag, but I can't find it now.

room27
07-19-16, 12:16 PM
I completed the event and I don't have the Griffin for purchase either. I remember seeing it in the market at the beginning of the event with the "locked by goal" tag, but I can't find it now.

I remember looking it up after completing the goal. It was under the "featured" tag for 400 gems. It's gone now. Guess it was only for sale until the timer ran out.

Solientus
07-19-16, 12:55 PM
I remember looking it up after completing the goal. It was under the "featured" tag for 400 gems. It's gone now. Guess it was only for sale until the timer ran out.

Ah, OK thanks. That sorta blows but good to know.

peachtreeshoppe
07-19-16, 02:50 PM

Pretty much you're able to buy one if you finished the quest line. I really am hoping though that they adjust this. A lot of Rulers missed out, either by opting out of finishing (for time available or principle) or being unable to finish (some unfairly so) and I think it should still be purchasable. Now, I don't know that too many people will want to spend that amount of gems, but I feel it should atleast be an option. Of course there's the Fireworks Griffin, but I don't believe it has the same drops (Golden Egg?), or the same colouring - which might be what people are looking for.

PPS-For anyone able to finish how awesome is this:
Golden Egg
Wheat
Roast Chicken
Griffin Egg
Stone

Eggy! I know it's a snowball chance drop rate, but I'm pretty stoked!

That's the decoration that dropped during the 30 min adventures, right?

Solientus
07-19-16, 03:05 PM
That's the decoration that dropped during the 30 min adventures, right?
Oh, I thought it was an egg to hatch an additional Griffin. Deco egg makes more sense though. I'm really not sure now that you bring that up lol.

KadeeDid
07-19-16, 07:39 PM
I was unable to get into the game yesterday afternoon and evening. All other games were working fine. Tried force closing, deleting etc. Finally got in today but too late.

sharpeirox
07-21-16, 07:35 AM
I was unable to get into the game yesterday afternoon and evening. All other games were working fine. Tried force closing, deleting etc. Finally got in today but too late.

I had the exact same problem. I shut game several times and even shut down ipad but it took nearly a whole day to get it working again.

sooter23
07-21-16, 08:42 PM
I paid for the level 5 roost minutes before the event ended but didn't get the griffin. Any moderators that can assist or should I send an email? Thanks!

SpiritWind00
07-22-16, 12:58 AM
I paid for the level 5 roost minutes before the event ended but didn't get the griffin. Any moderators that can assist or should I send an email? Thanks!
Hi, you'll need to email Support. Feel free to send me your ticket number by PM as well. ;)

NorthWoodsKingdom
08-02-16, 08:33 AM
Here is the master list of all drops from the Griffin and the Nest. Info courtesy of PikaSquirrel :)

The Royal Griffin drops:
Fur
Rat Tail
Creep Tooth
Fey Crystal
Eggs
Wheat
Roast Chicken
Golden Egg
White Petal

Golden Egg
Wheat
Roast Chicken
Griffin Egg
Stone

added to post 1 with the goal info at the top. :)
SW ~ Is PikaSquirrel absolutely positive about the Lv 5 Griffin Roost dropping a Griffin Egg???
I've collected from mine nearly every time it's come due since this event. Everything else on the list has dropped from it except for that deco.
If the Griffin Egg truly *is* coded to drop from the Roost, it must be an extreeeeemely low ultra rare drop. :confused:
Please verify? Thx. :)

PikaSquirrel
08-02-16, 10:51 AM
SW ~ Is PikaSquirrel absolutely positive about the Lv 5 Griffin Roost dropping a Griffin Egg???
I've collected from mine nearly every time it's come due since this event. Everything else on the list has dropped from it except for that deco.
If the Griffin Egg truly *is* coded to drop from the Roost, it must be an extreeeeemely low ultra rare drop. :confused:
Please verify? Thx. :)

I double checked just now and it does drop Griffin Eggs, and yes they are extreeeeemly rare! ><

Solientus
08-03-16, 05:57 AM
I double checked just now and it does drop Griffin Eggs, and yes they are extreeeeemly rare! ><

Excellent! I was wondering about that too! I had thought maybe it was just the deco eggy.
Go, go, snow balls chance, Ho!

NorthWoodsKingdom
08-04-16, 09:18 AM
Well phooey to extreeeeemely rare lol ..but thanks for the dbl-ck. :)

Solientus
10-30-16, 04:45 AM
Well phooey to extreeeeemely rare lol ..but thanks for the dbl-ck. :)
I thought i'd update. I just got a deco Griffin egg to drop from my roost. I've faithfully collected from it on average 2 times a day...even during hungry-energy-sucking events. That's quite the low rate :P