PDA

View Full Version : [iOS] Filters for Breeding

belbar22
07-06-16, 04:21 AM
Check out the filtering option for breeding. Love it.

http://forums.storm8.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=32139&d=1467824997 (http://forums.storm8.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=32139&d=1467824997)

jagarjag
07-06-16, 05:37 AM

What!!! Where!! Are u refering to the filter options on the calculator? Or what am I missing???

belarica
07-06-16, 05:38 AM
I noticed it in the Arctic isles too :) I was going to make a post about how much I like it!

jagarjag
07-06-16, 05:51 AM
I noticed it in the Arctic isles too :) I was going to make a post about how much I like it!

Can anyone please explain!! Have a 32 hour titan breeding in the den. So won't be able to check for a while. But I am dying of curiosity!!

Edit:: I got the info on another thread. We poor android users r discriminated, yet again.

roguebee
07-06-16, 06:22 AM
I like the option to sort the dragons by a color. Used it this morning.

belbar22
07-06-16, 07:25 AM
Can anyone please explain!! Have a 32 hour titan breeding in the den. So won't be able to check for a while. But I am dying of curiosity!!

Edit:: I got the info on another thread. We poor android users r discriminated, yet again.

Now when you select dragons for breeding, you can select by colour/type and each dragon is labelled with its rarity level.

belbar22
07-06-16, 07:27 AM

LOL. beat you to it. Not many things about this game excite me these days, so the fact that hey could come up with something which I have wanted for so long is awesome.

Clark_Wayne
07-06-16, 07:38 AM
liked the filters :) now what would be great is to apply this to arena too :D
hope they are doing it soon ;)

RafMikeyLeoDonnie
07-06-16, 07:59 AM
liked the filters :) now what would be great is to apply this to arena too :D
hope they are doing it soon ;)

I think anyplace that the long list of dragosn appear this would be great. So add trading portal to the list as well.

Hepatu
07-06-16, 08:08 AM
Is this another ios thing? I didn't notice anything different at my last breeding

Niire
07-06-16, 08:11 AM
Yeah Hep, they HATE android. >< Beyond aggravating, but at least DS isn't as bad as FS2...

Kennedward
07-06-16, 08:22 AM

Yup, I like the new update in the game, makes things a lot.... clearer

Much better than having a long list of dragons without any filters

blueangel826
07-06-16, 10:00 AM
AGAIN, any chance that us lowly Android step-children will ever get this wonderful benefit? When I read all of the great things that iOS players get, I feel like Cinderella & her wicked step-mother! Will Android players ever see these things? Can the game be same for all players, please?
Can a mod please respond?
I'm in no way being disrespectful or rude, just asking for some equality. If I had the money to get an iPhone or iPad, I would right now. But I'm on Social Security Disability & medication costs are $850+ monthly! Doesn't leave much for other necessities, especially an upgrade to my Android phone. Sorry♡ Began playing phone games to alleviate boredom when I am feeling up to it & for a little contact with others.

TwinkleTwiny
07-06-16, 10:06 AM
Nothing on android :( ... and i was feeling so excited about it. When are we going to have the same options as ios players?!

deadpixel
07-06-16, 10:10 AM
Just cleared a 17 hour fail and saw the new interface ... FINALLY!!

cdreams1980
07-06-16, 10:54 AM
It's getting really old to not have the same features on Android as on iOS. How hard can it be to offer things to both? At the very least, give us Android players something that isn't offered to iOS. :mad:

D_Raho
07-06-16, 12:59 PM
Before I upgrade, they didn't remove the account switcher like on Restaurant Story, did they? I can't lose that in this, too.

warrior61280
07-06-16, 01:25 PM
It's getting really old to not have the same features on Android as on iOS. How hard can it be to offer things to both? At the very least, give us Android players something that isn't offered to iOS. :mad:

I have replied a few times regarding this, but it seems there is an issue with my connection or something as my reply has disappeared 3x now. I have reset my connection and phone and will try again as soon as I can confirm my connection is solid and the reply wont "rollback" again. I apologize but will have a more in depth response hopefully soon.

[S8] Elsa
07-06-16, 01:50 PM
Before I upgrade, they didn't scene account switcher like on Restaurant Story, did they? I can't lose that in this, too.

No, the login feature is still there.

D_Raho
07-06-16, 01:51 PM
Excellent. Thank you for the quick feedback.

D_Raho
07-06-16, 03:12 PM
Oh, so the constant quick link to the Artic Ilses has been removed. Now you have to go all the way over to the ship in order to travel. Takes longer for me as I often switch from one to the other. This is an inconvenience. On the other hand, I can imagine some people that never travel and are annoyed by the little icon always looming over them in the corner. Oh well, I'm sure I'll get used to it.

On the plus side(in addition to the filter), we can watch videos to speed up the arena. Three times a day, it seems. I hope these remain present during tournaments.

This was, overall, a very nice update. Great little touches that really make a difference. Kudos to the staff.

athenageez
07-07-16, 06:24 AM
I really like this change! Makes breeding that much easier.

pernmagic
07-07-16, 07:54 AM
Thanks for explanation about the filter info, just updated DS, can't try it yet as I have 16 hr breeding going on but whoopee S8 that is going to make life so much easier being a long term player with a lot of dragons to sort through for breeding colours :) :) :)

Ok I've lost the artic isles icon but just have find the airship to transfer either way .. Workable trade so ok with me :)

It's BRILLIANT just used it on artic isles thank you :)

bakerystoe
07-07-16, 08:21 AM
😚😚OMG! BEST UPDATE EVER! NOW BREEDING IS SUCH EASIER! Thansk you! Even though I didn't see it on the breeding den

DeeDe99
07-07-16, 08:47 AM
Now if they can just add it to the Arena.....

volissos
07-07-16, 09:09 AM
It would also be nice to have a "link" to the dragons. I am always searching isle by isle to find the dragon I want to feed. Perhaps via the dragon's album?

Edit: I meant habitat, not isle.

pernmagic
07-07-16, 10:10 AM
It would also be nice to have a "link" to the dragons. I am always searching isle by isle to find the dragon I want to feed. Perhaps via the dragon's album?
Good suggestion it's the same for me :) it's frustrating

lnztrekfan
07-07-16, 11:45 AM
I just noticed this! :) I also have something new on my battle arena. I lost to Zeus 14 and usually my options are heal for 500 or a gold to battle again but I got a watch now video to battle now! I didn't click it then but I just tapped the battle arena and at the bottom of the screen I have the stopwatch with 4 gold to finish or a little video screen icon with finish in it. I have 3 islands and it only popped up on the island I lost my battle on? Was going to post pic but I couldn't upload. This is new right? I've never had the option before.

Clark_Wayne
07-07-16, 01:55 PM
I just noticed this! :) I also have something new on my battle arena. I lost to Zeus 14 and usually my options are heal for 500 or a gold to battle again but I got a watch now video to battle now! I didn't click it then but I just tapped the battle arena and at the bottom of the screen I have the stopwatch with 4 gold to finish or a little video screen icon with finish in it. I have 3 islands and it only popped up on the island I lost my battle on? Was going to post pic but I couldn't upload. This is new right? I've never had the option before.

yes that's new and according to some players , you can use the tv icon 3x per day ;)

Burrymillz
07-07-16, 04:05 PM
I have android anyone on android have this?

D_Raho
07-07-16, 04:10 PM
I have android anyone on android have this?
iOS only.

lnztrekfan
07-07-16, 07:55 PM
yes that's new and according to some players , you can use the tv icon 3x per day ;)

Thanks Clark_Wayne! I can't wait to see if the videos help me with finishing Tourneys! Had to update my IPhone so now I have it on there! :)

This really helps with finding dragons to breed without all the scrolling.

DeeDe99 This would be awesome! in the arena!!

Burrymillz
07-07-16, 08:32 PM
Kooky when will this be available for android?

orleansparish
07-07-16, 11:24 PM
These filters have been begged for for a very long time. Especially with my non epic dragons that were a chore to scroll down to find.

zenkitty99
07-08-16, 02:45 AM
Another frustrated/disappointed Android user here! It's a little difficult for me to fathom how S8 can justify making ios-only features. Given the market share Android has, they are surely ignoring a good portion of their player base.

How long have Android players been waiting for the album feature, or for the Artic Isles? The fact that we don't have access to the Isles is particularly galling, because it means we are disadvantaged when competing with iOS players in leaderboard events. Yet instead of working to balance the game for everyone, they bring out two new features for iOS only!

Just another kick in the teeth for us Android users...

freesiawoods
07-08-16, 05:00 AM
Filters for battling too please. Finding the right dragon is just a pain.

Burrymillz
07-08-16, 05:31 AM
Another frustrated/disappointed Android user here! It's a little difficult for me to fathom how S8 can justify making ios-only features. Given the market share Android has, they are surely ignoring a good portion of their player base.

How long have Android players been waiting for the album feature, or for the Artic Isles? The fact that we don't have access to the Isles is particularly galling, because it means we are disadvantaged when competing with iOS players in leaderboard events. Yet instead of working to balance the game for everyone, they bring out two new features for iOS only!

Lol it's about we can do... I feel the same.. I just want know are many games out there that do this same type of thing or is it just dragon story??

warrior61280
07-08-16, 07:50 AM
These filters have been begged for for a very long time. Especially with my non epic dragons that were a chore to scroll down to find.

Now it's made breeding much more fun!

I am sure S8/TL are working diligently to roll these new features out to all platforms and this is more of a "beta" test for the real update that is coming soon! I look forward to seeing how amazing and modern Dragon Story will become with these new developments and more on the way! Thank you S8/TL! Keep up the hard work and producing a great game! :D

blueangel826
07-08-16, 04:17 PM

Amen to that one! Its not only frustrating, but completely disgusting!

Burrymillz
07-08-16, 04:54 PM
Kooky when will this be available for android?

Any word on this one kooky?

Kennedward
07-09-16, 02:58 AM

Agreed

And for me, I have over 500 dragons, just imagine how long my list is

This is the same to those veteran players like me who have tons of dragons

kimandamelia
07-10-16, 02:29 PM
Any word on this one kooky?

??????? I just don't get it!!! Why are there still IOS only features???? It simply cannot be that difficult!

warrior61280
07-11-16, 07:14 AM
??????? I just don't get it!!! Why are there still IOS only features???? It simply cannot be that difficult!

Maybe we should just jump on the trendy bandwagon and start a thread: "Android Lives Matter". I wonder how many Android users are left using this app after the years of neglect and discrimination in regards to new features and treatment/support. I am sure this post will be edited or deleted, so screenshotted before that happens.

I hope there is equality for all users at somepoint. It would be so bad if the features were cosmetic and did not provide advantages, but I cannot say that is the case.

I am glad that those of you who have this feature enjoy it, and hopefully it will be delivered out to all users equally. I am sure that is all most disgruntled users want, equality. Instead these requests are answered with silencing. Time will tell if the company decides to move into the direction of equality or kontrol. Good luck to all.

warrior61280
07-11-16, 07:57 AM

Point proven. It really is sad. But i wish users the best keep hoping for equality.

[S8] Elsa
07-11-16, 09:48 AM
Unfortunately, the thread has been derailed and will be closed. Please remember to stay on topic. Threads that become too off topic will be closed.

As shared on another thread, development for Android takes longer and has additional challenges in the development process due to a variety of factors. The testing process also requires more time because Android device types are vastly different with different hardware and software specs and performance needs to be tested on a wide range. It's a catch-22, development can take longer and people will be upset about that, or to appease those demands, development can be shorter but it may not be optimized leading to complaints about whether or not we fully tested it.

While we can't speculate on future updates, please note that Android has received all of the new feature updates so far, including but not limited to brand new events and habitat features. We appreciate your patience. :)