PDA

View Full Version : [iOS] Travel to the Arctic Isles using the Airship.

kinetikos
07-05-16, 06:05 PM
There was an iOS update today and now my Arctic Isle is gone. Has this happened to anyone else?

I had dragon's breeding and egg to hatch.

Elsa edit: Players can travel between the home island and the Arctic Isles by using the Airship shown in the tutorial. The Airship is to the left of the main island on the home island and directly above the main island in the Arctic Isles. The travel button has been removed. This is an intended interface change for performance improvements. :)

LuckyFirefox
07-05-16, 06:11 PM
Players are able to tap the Airship to visit the Arctic Isles. This is an intended interface change :o

kinetikos
07-05-16, 06:23 PM
Thank you!

meoconlunar
07-05-16, 10:39 PM
but I dont think it's a good idea. :( I dont like it! It's too inconvenient.

TwiWoods
07-05-16, 10:54 PM
I was always accidentally traveling to Artic aisles when I was harvesting crops or collecting coins. I like this change.

I also notched that I can watch a video now to speed up my battle arena. This will come in handy during tournaments!

There are also tabs to sort colors when breeding - love this!

warrior61280
07-05-16, 11:32 PM
I was always accidentally traveling to Artic aisles when I was harvesting crops or collecting coins. I like this change.

I also notched that I can watch a video now to speed up my battle arena. This will come in handy during tournaments!

There are also tabs to sort colors when breeding - love this!

I know droid doesnt have artic isle so the change regarding that is moot; however, I would have loved to see that sorting update. I will check again next breeding after fruitful fail. But if this is yet another non-universal update that improves overall user experience denied to some users, I would be furious. I will be trying to find more info on this.

Thank you for posting this useful info:D

chipspice3
07-05-16, 11:51 PM
I used to have the option to travel to my other island with the winter dragons but that option seems to have gone as of today

naga2keren
07-06-16, 12:05 AM
Players are able to tap the Airship to visit the Arctic Isles. This is an intended interface change

Maxiecs
07-06-16, 12:21 AM
My travel button has disappeared

[S8] Elsa
07-06-16, 12:23 AM
To travel, tap the Airship near the main island. :)

chipspice3
07-06-16, 01:04 AM
No airship there now... I play on ios

06hunter
07-06-16, 02:07 AM
There was an iOS update today and now my Arctic Isle is gone. Has this happened to anyone else?

I had dragon's breeding and egg to hatch.
Yes, It has happened to me on my iPad Pro. But on my iPad Air it's still there & I have to use both devices to go back & forth between it & my main Islands. I sent TL an email about it & haven't heard back yet. Also my ****erwhale disappeared & in it's place another Abominal Dragon appeared & I can't do anything with it. When I tap on it nothing happens. TL better fix it because I want my ****erwhale back. It took me a long time to get him & I can't remember if I actually bred him or just bought him because I liked him so much.

MajicHearts
07-06-16, 04:30 AM
Personally, I like the update. I, too, was always tapping the Artic Isles button when I really wanted to tap the Storage button. I like the color sorting when breeding also.

Maxiecs
07-06-16, 05:23 AM
Mine has gone also so can't collect for breeding and hatching from the Arctic Isles
It's just appeared there

Burrymillz
07-06-16, 05:33 AM
I know droid doesnt have artic isle so the change regarding that is moot; however, I would have loved to see that sorting update. I will check again next breeding after fruitful fail. But if this is yet another non-universal update that improves overall user experience denied to some users, I would be furious. I will be trying to find more info on this.

Thank you for posting this useful info:D

I have android nothing new for me when selecting dragons to breed

[S8] Elsa
07-06-16, 08:14 AM
To the left of the main island, right above the Dawn Tree.

BeSweet247
07-06-16, 08:36 AM
Ohhh, the humanity! Arctic Isles disappears, DURING LEADERBOARD EVENT! Say it aint so, Joe. The androiders may be able to have a chance now.

Just kidding, glad you have found your airships. I just still wish TL would separate us during the LB events.

The new sorting sounds very convenient. Look forward to that in the future.

blueangel826
07-06-16, 09:39 AM
Would LOVE to see this added for us lowly Android players...lol!

[S8] Elsa
07-06-16, 10:16 AM
Would LOVE to see this added for us lowly Android players...lol!

You mean AWESOME Android players. Just takes a bit more time, development process is longer. :D

bullwine
07-06-16, 01:50 PM
I am stuck on Arctic isles.

kooky panda
07-06-16, 01:59 PM
I am stuck on Arctic isles.
Look to the left and you should see the Hot air Balloon. Click it then look at the bottom of your screen and you then should see a travel button- Click that.

Niire
07-06-16, 02:13 PM
Elsa;1317612']You mean AWESOME Android players. Just takes a bit more time, development process is longer. :D

I mean no offense, lol...but I've been playing over a year, and us droiders have been out of luck for the isles that entire time...

I do understand stuff takes time. But constant releases for IoS plus not being included in some pretty old stuff tends to make us feel like red headed stepchildren who get locked in a closet with a doggie food and water bowl...okay I went a bit nuts there, but yah. :p

Burrymillz
07-06-16, 02:21 PM
Elsa;1317612']You mean AWESOME Android players. Just takes a bit more time, development process is longer. :D

Will we see this stuff in the year 2016?

[S8] Elsa
07-06-16, 02:42 PM
I mean no offense, lol...but I've been playing over a year, and us droiders have been out of luck for the isles that entire time...

I do understand stuff takes time. But constant releases for IoS plus not being included in some pretty old stuff tends to make us feel like red headed stepchildren who get locked in a closet with a doggie food and water bowl...okay I went a bit nuts there, but yah. :p

Ouch! We <3 Android, too. The Android ports have been quicker than before (examples, dragons that make resources, new event types), but they still take longer. Android requires a broader range of testing too since there are so many types with different hardware specs.

iOS only has 2 features (Ice Age, Album) that Android doesn't have: legacy features that haven't received updates in a long time, but most if not all new features so far are ported over.

Will we see this stuff in the year 2016?

My magic 8ball says *~very~* likely for breeding filter and 2.4.2 stuff. I can't say when exactly.

BeSweet247
07-06-16, 03:26 PM
Elsa;1317722']Ouch! We <3 Android, too. The Android ports have been quicker than before (examples, dragons that make resources, new event types), but they still take longer. Android requires a broader range of testing too since there are so many types with different hardware specs.

As a long time DS player using android, I was so happy last year when you guys got us most of the additional game features as ios players have had for so long. Even without the Arctic Isles & Album, it was enough to really make me happy (and I think most other androiders). I do not understand the differences in creating programs across different platforms, but I fully believe that it is true.

My big disappointment has been the continued inclusion of ios & android players in the same groups of the LB events. [[note: I don't necessarily care for the event all together, because of the pitting player vs. player; but I do understand it. I believe that it is a large revenue stream for your business, which is totally understandable to me.]] However, when combining players that have decided advantages over other players, that just feels like an enticement for the under-advantaged players to spend even more money, just to try to stay even. To all ios players: this is not a slight to you at all, If I were you I would use any advantage I could. But I feel like S8 should find a way to separate the players before continuing with these types of events.

When the time comes that the coding across platforms equals out, then super. But until then I am very happy playing the game that is available. I just wish that the real money I have spent with your company didn't seem so tainted once these events began.

[S8] Elsa
07-06-16, 03:35 PM
As a long time DS player using android, I was so happy last year when you guys got us most of the additional game features as ios players have had for so long. Even without the Arctic Isles & Album, it was enough to really make me happy (and I think most other androiders). I do not understand the differences in creating programs across different platforms, but I fully believe that it is true.

My big disappointment has been the continued inclusion of ios & android players in the same groups of the LB events. [[note: I don't necessarily care for the event all together, because of the pitting player vs. player; but I do understand it. I believe that it is a large revenue stream for your business, which is totally understandable to me.]] However, when combining players that have decided advantages over other players, that just feels like an enticement for the under-advantaged players to spend even more money, just to try to stay even. To all ios players: this is not a slight to you at all, If I were you I would use any advantage I could. But I feel like S8 should find a way to separate the players before continuing with these types of events.

When the time comes that the coding across platforms equals out, then super. But until then I am very happy playing the game that is available. I just wish that the real money I have spent with your company didn't seem so tainted once these events began.

Leaderboards do group Android and iOS separately. However, if you own multiple devices, it'll group you on the device you're matched on when you start the event. Once you're matched, groups are not changed for the duration of the event.

Niire
07-06-16, 03:52 PM
Yah, just the two things on this game. LOL, I am sorry, there is actually another game right now that has me a bit disgruntled, because it seems like 50% or more of it is IoS. And you all have added an immense amount of stuff for us. My feeling a bit...ahem...isolated does not stem from this game as much as the other, and several stuffs on a few other games as well. I just like to see equality. <3 I will, most likely, be getting an IPad soon, but I think I'd still get on the podium for equality overall. :)

BeSweet247
07-06-16, 04:23 PM
Elsa;1317741']Leaderboards do group Android and iOS separately. However, if you own multiple devices, it'll group you on the device you're matched on when you start the event. Once you're matched, groups are not changed for the duration of the event.

That sounds nice. Guess the players are just smarter then, as I still have ios players with arctic isles in my group (& I have each time). Oh well. C'est la vie. I'm still enjoying trying to breed some new uniques and stockpiling apples & gold.

azucita
07-06-16, 05:21 PM
Hello,

i was wondering about the artic isles. The globe icon to go there no longer shows so i cannot go there to breed and evolve dragons. Is this a glitch?

[S8] Elsa
07-06-16, 05:22 PM
Hello,

i was wondering about the artic isles. The globe icon to go there no longer shows so i cannot go there to breed and evolve dragons. Is this a glitch?

You'll need to use the Airship that was shown during the tutorial to Travel now. This is an intended gameplay change.

Hawk1
07-08-16, 02:28 PM
I'm stuck in the Arctic and there is no airship or I'd leave and never return to the Arctic sighhhhh. I must of left the game when I was in the Arctic and then updated DS, I'm not a fan of cold weather which is why I live where summers are blazing hot and winter isn't too bad, please get me outta of there.

Tapping airship or travel doesn't work. Blehhhhh

[S8] Elsa
07-08-16, 02:32 PM
I'm stuck in the Arctic and there is no airship or I'd leave and never return to the Arctic sighhhhh. I must of left the game when I was in the Arctic and then updated DS, I'm not a fan of cold weather which is why I live where summers are blazing hot and winter isn't too bad, please get me outta of there.

Tapping airship or travel doesn't work. Blehhhhh

Tap the airship and there is a travel icon at the bottom where the old one used to be. You just need to tap the Airship to bring it up now. :)

Hawk1
07-08-16, 04:15 PM
Elsa;1318426']Tap the airship and there is a travel icon at the bottom where the old one used to be. You just need to tap the Airship to bring it up now. :)

It didn't respond when I tapped it, I had to reboot my iPad twice to get out of there. I really like how easy it is to pick dragons to breed now, but not all of the update is wonderful.

ellipadaki
07-13-16, 02:50 PM
I just visited my Arctic Isles, something I rarely do, and once I got there the "travel" icon has disappeared and I cannot get home. I tried deleting the game and reinstalling. I tried logging in to another account and then back to mine. Nothing works. I can't get home, which means I can't collect the gold from my gold-givers, can't breed or evolve or finish my crafting. PLEASE, SOMEBODY HAND ME SOME RUBY SLIPPERS ALREADY!!! :mad:

Storm8 ID: ellipadaki
Game: Dragon Story
Version: 2.4.2
Device: iPhone7,1
OS Version: 9.3.2

I miss my dragons!! :(

[S8] Regina
07-13-16, 03:03 PM
I just visited my Arctic Isles, something I rarely do, and once I got there the "travel" icon has disappeared and I cannot get home. I tried deleting the game and reinstalling. I tried logging in to another account and then back to mine. Nothing works. I can't get home, which means I can't collect the gold from my gold-givers, can't breed or evolve or finish my crafting. PLEASE, SOMEBODY HAND ME SOME RUBY SLIPPERS ALREADY!!! :mad:

Storm8 ID: ellipadaki
Game: Dragon Story
Version: 2.4.2
Device: iPhone7,1
OS Version: 9.3.2

I miss my dragons!! :(

In the Arctic Isles, do you have the Airship to the left? If so, you can tap on the Airship to go back :)

ellipadaki
07-13-16, 03:06 PM
Yes! It worked!! Thank you for the ruby slippers. :D I really had to hunt for that airship, though. That was scary.

[S8] Regina
07-13-16, 03:11 PM
Yes! It worked!! Thank you for the ruby slippers. :D I really had to hunt for that airship, though. That was scary.

Awesome :) Players will need to use the Airship to travel now.

Jrod333
07-14-16, 11:14 PM
That sounds nice. Guess the players are just smarter then, as I still have ios players with arctic isles in my group (& I have each time). Oh well. C'est la vie. I'm still enjoying trying to breed some new uniques and stockpiling apples & gold.

I'm not sure that's 100 % accurate though. If you saw me in your group you'd assume I'm ios because I do have arctic isles, although I haven't been able to access it in a very long time since I'm on Android now, and only android, and will continue only android. Hopefully I can get in there soon

warrior61280
07-21-16, 09:26 PM
I'm not sure that's 100 % accurate though. If you saw me in your group you'd assume I'm ios because I do have arctic isles, although I haven't been able to access it in a very long time since I'm on Android now, and only android, and will continue only android. Hopefully I can get in there soon

So after upgrading to Android you keep the ios icons but then lose their functionality? That rough. Artic Isles and Album have been on the "Coming Soon" tab for as long as it has existed. I was informed that they are considered "legacy" content and will not be supported anymore and the Isles haven't had an update in over a year according to the information provided to me. Equality should not be considered "Legacy". But it is what it is. Hopefully S8/TL will improve the way the app operates rather than continue to make "changes". Good luck to us all.

Jrod333
07-22-16, 04:18 PM
So after upgrading to Android you keep the ios icons but then lose their functionality? That rough. Artic Isles and Album have been on the "Coming Soon" tab for as long as it has existed. I was informed that they are considered "legacy" content and will not be supported anymore and the Isles haven't had an update in over a year according to the information provided to me. Equality should not be considered "Legacy". But it is what it is. Hopefully S8/TL will improve the way the app operates rather than continue to make "changes". Good luck to us all.

I don't have the buttons, but you know how is android users can visit ios users arctic now, we just can't have our own? I can visit my account from another android account on another android device and visit the Arctic isles on my main account. All my dragons are there, food is ready to collect, breeding is done, egg on nest. Just how I left it 2 years ago or so. I had an ipod around the time all the extra features dropped for ios, and I got almost all arctic isles dragons. I haven't had that ipod in a long time tho. After the ipod was no more I actually quit playing for awhile until TL added more features to android, then I came back. I'm about to say forget again tho, just so sick of this company and how we android users are treated, it's unreal. Yea the album coming soon is such a joke. They can add it no doubt, but can you imagine trying to scroll through another one of their choppy extremely slow list menu with 300, 400, 500, or maybe 700 dragons? We haven't seen choppy, laggyness lol. They need to fix those list scrolling first, and to do that they need to see how Google does menu scrolling on Android and stop thinking ios for everything

Carbuck
07-23-16, 05:08 PM
Regina;1320510']Awesome :) Players will need to use the Airship to travel now.

Fantastic. I like this new improvement. This keeps me from going there by accident like in previous times. ;)

JustKay
07-23-16, 05:27 PM
Fantastic. I like this new improvement. This keeps me from going there by accident like in previous times. ;)

During normal play this is a plus. However during a leaderboard event, I like being able to see notification counts for the arctic isles all the time. I'd know when to travel there to keep the arctic nest working non-stop.

They had to make this change right in the middle of the last leaderboard... threw my game off. That and the new breeding selectors. That's a great feature but it takes about 30 seconds to warm up on my old device so it had me panicking that the upgrade had ended my leaderboard campaign >_<