PDA

View Full Version : Is it my imagination or is something up with maps?

dachshundlover11
07-01-16, 08:07 PM
Hey I sent out map requests and because I just had such a problem receiving BM's, (I didn't win the dragon due to requests not sent/received in a timely manner) I decided to see how fast I would get my maps. Took some pics too for sh**'s n giggles. Anyways, I swear as I took pics that some of the people listed in my news as giving me maps - disappeared from my news listing. I did take pics so I do have the names and original order that they were in and at least one name disappeared. I do not know if this effected how many maps I rec'd for the day and of course now I am expanding so I'll have to wait.

But is anyone able to see if the same thing happens to them? And if it effects the number of maps that they receive or if just a name or two disappears?

Thanks

DeeDe99
07-01-16, 11:18 PM
Only the most recent 10 display in the newsfeed. So when the 11th arrives, the first drops off. Does that explain your situation?

dachshundlover11
07-02-16, 06:53 PM
No not really. Unless you're telling me that the island name of the 11th map sender is removed from the middle of the news listing, leaving the names of the islands who visited past this point still in the news listing. Ill look at my news listing and see if this fits.

Kennedward
07-02-16, 07:02 PM
Same problem here, I have something like 100+ neighbors, but received only 9 maps per day.

I checked quite a lot of them, they're breeding and hatching like normal so they're active players, either they're not sending me maps or the game's problem

dachshundlover11
07-02-16, 07:06 PM
I was wondering why one of my neighbors named was removed from the news listing. Thanks for the help deede99 that was it.

Kennedward - try this link to request help with the problem - http://support.storm8.com/requests/new

Kennedward
07-02-16, 07:08 PM
No need, I've decided to remove my old neighbors and add new ones, no point in wasting time

dachshundlover11
07-02-16, 07:12 PM
No need, I've decided to remove my old neighbors and add new ones, no point in wasting time

Ok. I respond to requests at least once a day, if you would like to add me. However I visit daily and then sporadically when life hits or when issues like this Bottled Moon garbage take the fun out of the game for me. But I still am responding to requests if you need help with this part of the game add me.

DeeDe99
07-02-16, 07:26 PM
No not really. Unless you're telling me that the island name of the 11th map sender is removed from the middle of the news listing, leaving the names of the islands who visited past this point still in the news listing. Ill look at my news listing and see if this fits.

That is what happens, yes. The Newsfeed is actually made up of two lists of 10 items.

DeeDe99
07-02-16, 07:28 PM
I was wondering why one of my neighbors named was removed from the news listing. Thanks for the help deede99 that was it.

Good to hear!

random59
07-02-16, 07:38 PM
Same problem here, I have something like 100+ neighbors, but received only 9 maps per day.

I checked quite a lot of them, they're breeding and hatching like normal so they're active players, either they're not sending me maps or the game's problem

Actually haven't had a request from you in ages, I for one accept all requests for maps etc, I have a funny feeling that the servers may not be working correctly!

Just checked you have deleted me, sending you a new invite

Kennedward
07-02-16, 07:56 PM
Actually haven't had a request from you in ages, I for one accept all requests for maps etc, I have a funny feeling that the servers may not be working correctly!

Just checked you have deleted me, sending you a new invite

Strange cause I always send maps

That was the reason I deleted my old neighbors cause it just isn't fair how I keep sending maps but hardly receive any from them

Anyways, hope things will be different now that we added each other again, sort of like a reboot of computers lol

random59
07-02-16, 08:34 PM
Strange cause I always send maps

That was the reason I deleted my old neighbors cause it just isn't fair how I keep sending maps but hardly receive any from them

Anyways, hope things will be different now that we added each other again, sort of like a reboot of computers lol

Really appreciate that. Maybe the server will be kind to us, have noticed new neighbours requests a lot more frequent than old neighbours this maybe due to the difference of neighbour numbers.

ladymakay
07-02-16, 08:51 PM
My news feed is weird as well, it will show the most recent 5 to 6 responses then responses from several days ago. I know many other neighbors have sent maps because my map total increases.

random59
07-02-16, 09:19 PM
My news feed is weird as well, it will show the most recent 5 to 6 responses then responses from several days ago. I know many other neighbors have sent maps because my map total increases.

IT only shows the last 10 items that you have received then it starts overriding those items with new ones, probably to let you see who has visited you but doesn't always post a note on your wall as well.

MAps will continue to come in days after depending on how many requests you send, I sent about 180 out a couple of days ago and I am watching to see what happens daily. The first 2 days I got 40 maps which is correct, so will be interesting to see how long they keep rolling in for!

Kennedward
07-02-16, 09:32 PM
Really appreciate that. Maybe the server will be kind to us, have noticed new neighbours requests a lot more frequent than old neighbours this maybe due to the difference of neighbour numbers.

I request and also send daily, but it doesn't seem like neighbors receive them or something, I only get 9 max per day, most of the time I get much less than that

Like I previously posted in the Tales event, I asked for bottled moon but barely managed to get 3 in 2 days

random59
07-02-16, 09:57 PM
I request and also send daily, but it doesn't seem like neighbors receive them or something, I only get 9 max per day, most of the time I get much less than that

Like I previously posted in the Tales event, I asked for bottled moon but barely managed to get 3 in 2 days

This is going to seem a stupid question, which do you check your news feed or do you check on expand to see how many maps you have?

FireballFarm
07-02-16, 10:38 PM
Something definitely seems to be wrong with the request system from what I've been seeing. I'm in and out of the game almost hourly lately because of all the tournaments, and the way requests are coming in makes no sense.

For example, I'll enter the game and have a minutes-old request. I'll send the requested item, battle, exit the app. When I come back an hour later, I'll get an hours-old (even days-old) request. This is the middle of the day, no where near the game's daily reset time. The next time I enter the game, I'll get a minutes-old requests again. It's all over the place and not in any coherent order.

I was still recieving days-old bottled moon requests yesterday, but I have received and sent many newer map requests in the time since that moon request was sent out by my neighbor. I always force close the app when I'm done, and never leave the app running in the background, so that is not the issue.

Also, I was not receiving the full 20 requests per 24 hour period. (I was keeping track during the World Event, just to see. I'm a night owl, so I am up and playing when the game resets every day in my timezone).

Until the request system is made to be more steady and reliable, neighbor requests should not be a requirement for any timed event.

Kennedward
07-03-16, 01:44 AM
This is going to seem a stupid question, which do you check your news feed or do you check on expand to see how many maps you have?

I check my maps, since news feed only shows 10 recent ones

But not that it matters much anyways, cause I only get 1 to 2 maps most of the time, like I said in my previous post

random59
07-03-16, 02:57 AM
I check my maps, since news feed only shows 10 recent ones

But not that it matters much anyways, cause I only get 1 to 2 maps most of the time, like I said in my previous post

Told you it was a stupid question, lol. I got you map request and responded, hopefully you will get it!

BiteMe111
07-03-16, 07:44 PM
How many days has it been since you last sent a Bottled Moon request and to how many friends did you send it? This is totally a shot in the dark, but maybe the game is still sending your BM requests and that's why map requests aren't coming through?

jagarjag
07-04-16, 01:02 AM
Guys...there is another aspect that you might have totally overlooked. The requested items are plot-specific. We had a lengthy discussion about this about a year ago. Very busy right now, so just copying from that thread. Hope this helps...

Ur requests r place/item specific. I can't explain it without example. Say you have 50 maps in hand and need 60 for the expansion. When u want to send out requests u have to click on a specific land area. Say you have x, y and z as possible expansion plot. You send ur requests to all ur nbrs from x. Now u needed only 10 maps for the expansion. If u expand x as soon as u have recieved those 10 maps, then the rest of the maps goes lost. Ur nbrs will still be getting ur requests but the maps will not come to ur storage..they just goes up in air...but if u sent reqs from X but after getting the missing 10 maps expand Y or Z, then ur maps will be gathering in ur storage.

Jagarjag - NOW I get what you mean - let me rephrase to see if I am understanding correctly.

You are proposing that if you request from a particular plot, get the needed (say) 5 or 6 maps you are waiting on, meaning there are still 14 or 15 to come for that day and that specific request, if you expand as soon as those 5 or 6 are received from the same plot you requested from, you never get those other 14 or 15 maps from that request.

If, on the other hand, you request from a different plot than you expand from, the other 15 or 16 maps will be received while the expansion is in progress.

Have I understood correctly? VERY interesting! As I said somewhere earlier, I just request from wherever and then later expand more often than not from a completely different plot (sometimes change my mine five times LOL) so I would probably never have noticed this at all.

Kennedward
07-04-16, 05:47 AM
How many days has it been since you last sent a Bottled Moon request and to how many friends did you send it? This is totally a shot in the dark, but maybe the game is still sending your BM requests and that's why map requests aren't coming through?

I send daily, but most of time i get 1 or 2 back, and that 1 would always be Stormie

DeeDe99
07-04-16, 06:23 AM
Since I stopped asking Stormie, always ask from a plot I am NOT going to expand from and got to the point expansions take 3 days, I get 20 a day for three days, plus more on the fourth day if I don't immediately expand. I usually have over 70 by the time I do the next expansion, including maps from my map dragons (4 a day).

I do have great neighbours.

Kennedward
07-04-16, 07:31 AM
Lucky you, cause I dont lol

DeeDe99
07-04-16, 07:24 PM
I just checked now. I have 65 maps on hand and there is 10 hours to go on my current expansion in progress.

retseho
07-05-16, 04:43 AM
[QUOTE=DeeDe99;1317037]Since I stopped asking Stormie, always ask from a plot I am NOT going to expand from and got to the point expansions take 3 days, I get 20 a day for three days, plus more on the fourth day if I don't immediately expand. I usually have over 70 by the time I do the next expansion, including maps from my map dragons (4 a day).
/QUOTE]

Thanks for posting this. I have been expanding from the "asking" plot so I am losing all the maps sent to the plot after I start the expansion. Now I know NOT to actually expand from the asking plot.

DeeDe99
07-05-16, 05:32 AM
Thanks for posting this. I have been expanding from the "asking" plot so I am losing all the maps sent to the plot after I start the expansion. Now I know NOT to actually expand from the asking plot.

Retseho, are you iOS? What I generally do is this. Tonight my expansion finished by which time I had already 70 maps on hand for the next expansion. I started a new expansion, leaving a balance of 10 maps in store. As I now have an expansion in progress, I can't now ask for more on the main island. I whip up to the Arctic Isles, where 16 are needed for an expansion and as I now only have 10 I can ask for more. So I do. So now, while my expansion on the main island is in progress for the next 3 days more maps are coming in.

retseho
07-05-16, 06:09 AM
Retseho, are you iOS? What I generally do is this. Tonight my expansion finished by which time I had already 70 maps on hand for the next expansion. I started a new expansion, leaving a balance of 10 maps in store. As I now have an expansion in progress, I can't now ask for more on the main island. I whip up to the Arctic Isles, where 16 are needed for an expansion and as I now only have 10 I can ask for more. So I do. So now, while my expansion on the main island is in progress for the next 3 days more maps are coming in.

I am using Android OS. Avoiding expanding
from the asking plot will help quite a bit in clearing the forest faster.

9krm
07-05-16, 09:05 AM
Interesting. I respond to all map requests, but have been getting fewer and fewer requests lately. Maybe people aren't getting the maps I think I'm sending.
I don't have many neighbours, even though I am at lvl 150. I guess I should get rid of the ones who don't seem to play.

Kennedward
07-07-16, 06:17 AM
Interesting. I respond to all map requests, but have been getting fewer and fewer requests lately. Maybe people aren't getting the maps I think I'm sending.
I don't have many neighbours, even though I am at lvl 150. I guess I should get rid of the ones who don't seem to play.

That's what I did

D_Raho
07-07-16, 10:39 AM
I'd like to note that I get all of my 20 requests every day, as I am my only neighbors(I have around 30 accounts) and I request from the plot I'm expanding from. So that theory doesn't hold. When I'm close to expanding(5-10 away from 60) and I send out requests, I switch to my other accounts and answer my requests, but often I will stop midway through when I have just enough for the expansion. I go back to my main and expand. Then later in the day when I feel like it, I finish cycling through the rest of the accounts to answer the rest of my requests. And I always get all of them.