PDA

View Full Version : Summer Tiki Event - June 30, 2016

FunkyJM
06-30-16, 11:17 AM
Minimum level is 15 for participation. This is a World Event. (iOS only)
Have fun and enjoy your event! Rynetory2 :D

Please use Farm 2: Buy/Sell (http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?76146-Farm-2-Buy-Sell) thread for sale of event items.
Any buy/sell posts in this thread will be removed. Thanks for your understanding and cooperation.

Warning: Do not use outdated versions of your Farm Story 2 during the event as we had past reports from members that they lost their collection items when they used both the latest and outdated versions together. Use only the latest version for the duration of the event.

The limit of the Sandcastle shows as 1 but the maximum amount has been increased to 3.
Hi all :)
I'm playing on an iPad and got the following message yesterday evening:
Coming soon: something new is erupting on your farm... This isn't your typical tropical adventure

A new event started: Tropical Tiki Event... Good luck :D Hereby some pictures

http://forums.storm8.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=32036

http://forums.storm8.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=32035

You can delete this message once you've seen it. Thank you.

@ FunkyJM
Thank you for starting the event thread and keeping the event information updated for the community. :) I've added the template for World event for you to update the event info and ask that you type the goals in words as well cos the pictures drop off the forum after a while. I've also rearranged your photos so to keep the event info all in Post 1. Please feel free to adjust whatever you think necessary. Thank you for your effort in maintaining it for us.

How to Play?
Please refer to General guidelines for World Event (http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?88974-Farm-Story-2-Event-Guide&p=1248488&viewfull=1#post1248488) for tips and things to take note of.

Event Prizes
Individual Prizes:
First Prize: Aloha Cow skin : 100 tiny umbrellas
Second Prize: Aloha Piggy skin : 450 tiny umbrellas
Third Prize: Aloha Chicken skin : 1,000 tiny umbrellas
Fourth Prize: Vulcano : 2,000 tiny umbrellas (the Vulcano is an animated decoration)
Fifth Prize: Pineapple Turtle : 4,200 tiny umbrellas (it's a pet :D )

Community Prizes:
(unlocks at 500 - meaning once you have collected 500 tiny umbrellas you are eligible for community prizes.)
First Prize: Ukeleles : 50,000,000 tiny umbrellas (non animated decoration)
Second Prize: Tiki Statue : 200,000,000 tiny umbrellas (non animated decoration)
Third Prize: Tiki Fountain : 500,000,000 tiny umbrellas (animated decoration)

GOALS
1) Trader Jed's Tiki Hut
Buy a Tiki Hut
Reward: 130 coins, 28 experience

2) Jed the Beachcomber
Send 3 plane deliveries
Upgrade your Tiki Hut to level 2 (needed 2 tropical flowers, 2 tiki tumblers, 2 tiki mask)
Collect 20 Tiny Umbrellas from your Tiki Hut (you can collect every 3 hours)
Reward: 130 coins, 28 experience, 5 tropical flowers

3) Tiny Tiki Totems
Buy any Tiki Head (you can find them at your market for 2,500 coins, 20 gems or 50 gems)
Collect from Tiki Head (by giving it a hola doll. Hola dolls will be given by completing plane deliveries)
Collect 40 Tiny Umbrellas
Reward: 130 coins, 28 experience, 1 hula doll

Side Goal
1) King Kon-Tiki
Buy a King Tiki Head (costs 50 gems)
Reward: 130 coins, 28 experience, 3 hula doll

2) Unleash the Umbrellas
Upgrade your Tiki Hut to level 4
Reward: 130 coins, 28 experience, 10 tiny umbrellas

3) Umbrella Company
Upgrade your Tiki Hut to level 7
Reward: 130 coins, 28 experience, 15 tiny umbrellas

4) Drinks Made in the Shade
Upgrade your Tiki Hut to level 11
Reward: 130 coins, 28 experience, 20 tiny umbrellas

UPGRADE INFORMATION
Stages of upgrade
There are altogether 15 stages. Collection interval is 3 hrs for all stages.
The 3 upgrade parts are called tropical flowers, tiki tumblers and tiki mask. These are stored in your barn.
Stage 1 gives 4 tiny umbrellas
To upgrade to Stage 2 requires 2 of each upgrade part - gives 8 tiny umbrellas.
To upgrade to Stage 3 requires 2 of each upgrade part - gives 12 tiny umbrellas.
To upgrade to Stage 4 requires 3 of each upgrade part - gives 16 tiny umbrellas.
To upgrade to Stage 5 requires 4 of each upgrade part - gives 20 tiny umbrellas.
To upgrade to Stage 6 requires 6 of each upgrade part - gives 24 tiny umbrellas.
To upgrade to Stage 7 requires 8 of each upgrade part - gives 28 tiny umbrellas.
To upgrade to Stage 8 requires 10 of each upgrade part - gives 32 tiny umbrellas.
To upgrade to Stage 9 requires 13 of each upgrade part - gives 36 tiny umbrellas.
To upgrade to Stage 10 requires 17 of each upgrade part - gives 40 tiny umbrellas.
To upgrade to Stage 11 requires 22 of each upgrade part - gives 44 tiny umbrellas.
To upgrade to Stage 12 requires 28 of each upgrade part - gives 48 tiny umbrellas.
To upgrade to Stage 13 requires 34 of each upgrade part - gives 52 tiny umbrellas.
To upgrade to Stage 14 requires 42 of each upgrade part - gives 56 tiny umbrellas.
To upgrade to Stage 15 requires 50 of each upgrade part - gives 60 tiny umbrellas.

http://forums.storm8.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=32028

http://forums.storm8.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=32032

http://forums.storm8.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=32030

FunkyJM
06-30-16, 02:52 PM

FunkyJM
06-30-16, 02:53 PM

syncler78
06-30-16, 02:58 PM
28 Day Event
Task 1:

Side Task:

Task 2:

judyandthecat
06-30-16, 03:00 PM
A community event
Looks like an awesome turtle

http://i66.tinypic.com/6tk3sh.jpg

FunkyJM
06-30-16, 03:01 PM
Hehe, I also made a topic earlier :eek: Didn't know the name of the event yet. I have posted my pics on there

http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?92598-A-new-tropical-adventure

Good luck all :D

judyandthecat
06-30-16, 03:02 PM
Rynetory2 please delete my thread looks like we started them about the same time and syncler78 has started too

syncler78
06-30-16, 03:03 PM
Sorry for the confusion everyone! I didn't see any threads about it on the forums yet! Glad to know we're all trying to help! :D

judyandthecat
06-30-16, 03:08 PM
Sorry for the confusion everyone! I didn't see any threads about it on the forums yet! Glad to know we're all trying to help! :D

We were all likely doing at same time and then when I hit refresh seen yours...you will do a terrific job!

DragonManda
06-30-16, 03:16 PM
I'm hoping the sandcastle can be tweaked to hold more than one turtle because I would love for the new turtle to be able to share with my turtle from the swimming pool event from last summer! He's been a little lonely by himself...

FunkyJM
06-30-16, 03:32 PM
I'm hoping the sandcastle can be tweaked to hold more than one turtle because I would love for the new turtle to be able to share with my turtle from the swimming pool event from last summer! He's been a little lonely by himself...

Hehe, I was thinking the same thing... Saw it too, sandcastle still holds 1 turtle :-/

kisten
06-30-16, 03:44 PM
Looks like we have to upgrade Tiki Hut by doing plane deliveries in order to get parts. I'd be interested to find out will most plane deliveries required smoked items. If that is the case then I doubt not too many players will be able to upgrade the Hut completely.

judyandthecat
06-30-16, 04:07 PM
Looks like we have to upgrade Tiki Hut by doing plane deliveries in order to get parts. I'd be interested to find out will most plane deliveries required smoked items. If that is the case then I doubt not too many players will be able to upgrade the Hut completely.

You can delete those orders

tuffyjkitten
06-30-16, 05:20 PM
Hehe, I was thinking the same thing... Saw it too, sandcastle still holds 1 turtle :-/

Sandcastle in the market says it can hold up to 3 turtles. They should upgrade last year's if that's the case!

kisten
06-30-16, 05:20 PM
You can delete those orders

I'm well aware of that but it is a waste of time as we wait for new orders to generate. There is no guarantee if the new order won't contain one of the smoke items.

judyandthecat
06-30-16, 05:29 PM
Sandcastle in the market says it can hold up to 3 turtles. They should upgrade last year's if that's the case!

And it won't let me buy this year's sand castle says limit reached so I tried to sell mine from last year to purchase the new one and it won't let me.

I reported this under bugs section.

pokat
06-30-16, 05:32 PM
Wish we Android players could play! I love summer!

jmterao
06-30-16, 06:04 PM
Ok I get what the umbrellas, tiki masks and flowers are for. What's the hula girl for?

kooky panda
06-30-16, 06:14 PM
Hehe, I also made a topic earlier :eek: Didn't know the name of the event yet. I have posted my pics on there

http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?92598-A-new-tropical-adventure

Good luck all :D

Rynetory2 please delete my thread looks like we started them about the same time and syncler78 has started too

We were all likely doing at same time and then when I hit refresh seen yours...you will do a terrific job!

Wow! I love that everyone is pitching in !!
I have merged all threads together. When Rynetory2 gets on I am sure she will do some organizing!

judyandthecat
06-30-16, 06:24 PM
And it won't let me buy this year's sand castle says limit reached so I tried to sell mine from last year to purchase the new one and it won't let me.

I reported this under bugs section.

Good news....last year's sand castle will hold three turtles!!!!!!

judyandthecat
06-30-16, 06:40 PM
Ok I get what the umbrellas, tiki masks and flowers are for. What's the hula girl for?

http://i65.tinypic.com/oledy.jpg

bss0226
06-30-16, 07:06 PM

It can now accommodate more than 1 turtle. On my minifarm, I can buy the sandcastle and it says accommodates up to 3 turtles. On my main farm it says I have the sandcastle.

suncatchers
06-30-16, 07:14 PM
Good news....last year's sand castle will hold three turtles!!!!!!

Thank you!! This is great news! I somehow won two turtles last year and one poor lil guy has been stuck in storage since then...he's now out and roaming around my farm as we speak! :D

LadyFencer
06-30-16, 07:44 PM
The King Tiki Head is 50 gems for me. You do not get any gems back. It allows three "harvests" using the little hula dolls. I got 15 tiny umbrellas from it the first time, then 30, then 15.

Rynetory2
06-30-16, 08:25 PM
@ syncler78 and judyandthecat

Thank you very much. It's great to see everyone so helpful for our community. :)

@ FunkyJM

Thank you for starting the event thread and keeping the event information updated for the community. :) I've added the template for World event for you to update the event info and ask that you type the goals in words as well cos the pictures drop off the forum after a while. I've also rearranged your photos so to keep the event info all in Post 1. Please feel free to adjust whatever you think necessary. Thank you for your effort in maintaining it for us.

kindefarm1890
06-30-16, 08:29 PM
The first 4 deliveries came back with 1 no upgrade parts while the other 3 had a total of 4 upgrade parts. I was thinking that the team fixed the drop rate for this event, boy was I wrong. It took another 24 deliveries before I received the next upgrade part. I hope that the team can up the drop rate.

For those individuals that are doing the peach event be careful the plane is asking for peach items. I almost sent out a peach cobbler.

Niire
06-30-16, 09:22 PM
Yeah, droid is out...again. I might end up uninstalling this game until I am able to get an IPad. This is aggravating. :(

jenna_at
06-30-16, 09:41 PM
Hi everyone, i dont know how to upgrade Tiki Hut to next level

bakerystoe
06-30-16, 09:54 PM
Hi everyone, i dont know how to upgrade Tiki Hut to next level
You need to get Tiki, Tiki masks and flowers to Upgrade the Tiki Huts in order to get Tiny Umbrellas. good luck

bakerystoe
06-30-16, 09:57 PM
So I upgraded to stage two but Haven't got any Tiki though

bss0226
06-30-16, 10:14 PM
So I upgraded to stage two but Haven't got any Tiki though

You click on the hut. You should be upgrade. Click upgrade. It will tell you how many tiki tumblers, tiki masks, and tropical flowers are needed to upgrade to next level along with how many you have. So if you see 1/5 masks that means you have 1 and need a total of 5 to upgrade. Each upgrade requires equal numbers of tumblers, masks and flowers. You start at level 1 and there are 14 upgrades available. As you upgrade your hut changes its looks to reflect the new level. The last upgrade is 50 of each item. The one before required 42, I think.

You get parts from deliveries, by buying in neighbor's stores or newspaper and sometimes from stormie's store

You may also get hula dolls from deliveries. These are used with the statues and give tiny umbrellas that are accumalated and count toward you winning skins, prizes, and pet turtle including community prizes

HappyAsA
06-30-16, 11:43 PM
I chose not to go ahead with event & glad I didn't. I just learnt from a neighbour you can sacrifice hula girls to a tiki mask thing.
Sure some of you will think, lighten up. I've heard these comments before amongst many others I wouldn't re-type.
But really Farm Story, 🚫🚫Shame farm story 🚫🚫 there is so much real life domestic violence, and sexism, sacrificing hula girls to a tiki head should not be part of a game. What are you thinking????

To all of you who may want to tell me 'it's a choice, if you don't like it, don't do it'.....I already said I am not doing it, but the behaviour you walk past is the behaviour you accept. This is seemingly a family friendly game & you may think this is trivial, but maybe you just haven't thought about the message this COULD send, even if you think it's harmless.
I hope you rethink your challenges and events in the future. I've lost respect for the game developers.

bss0226
07-01-16, 12:19 AM
I chose not to go ahead with event & glad I didn't. I just learnt from a neighbour you can sacrifice hula girls to a tiki mask thing.
Sure some of you will think, lighten up. I've heard these comments before amongst many others I wouldn't re-type.
But really Farm Story, ����Shame farm story ���� there is so much real life domestic violence, and sexism, sacrificing hula girls to a tiki head should not be part of a game. What are you thinking????

To all of you who may want to tell me 'it's a choice, if you don't like it, don't do it'.....I already said I am not doing it, but the behaviour you walk past is the behaviour you accept. This is seemingly a family friendly game & you may think this is trivial, but maybe you just haven't thought about the message this COULD send, even if you think it's harmless.
I hope you rethink your challenges and events in the future. I've lost respect for the game developers.

Wow, never saw it that way. But I see your point.

Teamlava has ruined this game. I'm likely quitting in a few hours too. Shame on team lava. Poor choice for this event, very bad planning with smokehouse. They've lost me it appears

HappyAsA
07-01-16, 12:48 AM
[QUOTE=bss0226;1315957]Wow, never saw it that way. But I see your point.

Teamlava has ruined this game. I'm likely quitting in a few hours too. Shame on team lava. Poor choice for this event, very bad planning with smokehouse. They've lost me it appears[/QUOTE

Appreciate your supportive comment :)
I did 6 trucks, all bronze cowbells.
No more trucks, miss out on smokehouse.....tough luck! Yes, TeamLava have ruined this game IMHO

bss0226
07-01-16, 02:14 AM
FWIW, it is a tiki doll and not a hula dancer and it says to give the doll not sacrifice to the tiki God....

mearro
07-01-16, 04:02 AM
I don't think we should look too deep into this, this is based on the ancient Hawaiian Tiki Gods history.

SallyCat60
07-01-16, 04:40 AM

If it's the same sandcastle as the one currently for sale in the store, it says it can accommodate up to three turtles, so your one may be the same?

SallyCat60
07-01-16, 04:54 AM
There I was thinking 'Yay! A nice little event to take our minds off the crazy truck orders for a while (I'd already decided skipping some truck orders may be called for as I'm now getting the same dreaded demands as others for ruby items, let alone PB&J's in the last three orders, ugh,) and concentrate on lots of plane orders which will not only give me event items but help me get the papers needed to expand to the Well... However, I find myself skipping at least four to five plane orders simply because they're asking for smoked items... Nuff said 'bout that, lol. As usual I can't complete one of the goals 'to buy a King Tiki Head' because I'm so bad at saving up my gems, so instead I shall persevere to buy the standard Tiki Heads to help me along the way. It might keep me poor for a while, but I love the look of that little pineapple turtle. At least I can use some of my silver bells for event decorations! Wait... My space is maxed out so bang goes that idea.. :D

HappyAsA
07-01-16, 04:56 AM
Hi bss0226 & Mearro, OK but ancient Hawaiian Tiki Gods Historical practice was human sacrifice, 'giving' people..... so deep or not, I still feel the same way....and it's a Hula doll not a tiki doll.

Helle2103
07-01-16, 04:59 AM
How do I upgrade Tiki Hut?

When I push "Upgrade" I just get a arrow showing me the Tiki Hut.

Where can I see how many flowers and maskes I have collected? FOUND THEM IN THE BARN!

LadyFencer
07-01-16, 06:11 AM
Remember when upgrading the tiki hut that it resets your collection timer, so do that at the same time you collect from it.

RenZenGoddess
07-01-16, 06:16 AM
Just wanted to advise fellow gamers: the 3 Tiki Heads are amazingly cool graphics!
However, read the descriptions as there are collection limits and the head is "used up" and disappears. I "lost" my King Tiki cause I assumed it would be like the balloons from the birtday party event. I now have no cool decoration and I am loathe to spend more money for a second one. You guys can learn from my mistake! Always read the description...happy gaming!

johanamichella
07-01-16, 08:02 AM
Sent about 20 deliveries but still i got no upgrade parts :( whyyyy

jmack8514
07-01-16, 09:17 AM
Can we just keep collecting from the tiki hut and still gain the turtle? Or do we have to keep upgrading along the way bc my planes aren't dropping anything really

LadyFencer
07-01-16, 09:37 AM
Sent about 20 deliveries but still i got no upgrade parts :( whyyyy

These events have random drops, and they are notoriously stingy with the drops. The goal on their part is to get us to use (and then BUY) gems because we needs parts. Check the newspaper and neighbors for items on sale. Many do not participate but still get the items and will sell them. For instance, I rarely buy game pieces like this event's tiki statues, but I still get the doll to use with it, so I sell those.

We have 25 days for the event, so there's still lots of time.

LadyFencer
07-01-16, 09:40 AM
Can we just keep collecting from the tiki hut and still gain the turtle? Or do we have to keep upgrading along the way bc my planes aren't dropping anything really

You will probably have difficulty getting enough umbrellas with the hut at a lower level, although I finished the last event like this without leveling up to the top level. I think I gave up on parts around level 9 or 10 (of 15).

Keep doing the deliveries (which have the benefit of letting you gain points to move up a level in the game) and check the newspaper and neighbors for upgrade parts as well.

You are not alone in your frustration with drop rates. It's an ongoing theme.

jmack8514
07-01-16, 09:44 AM
You will probably have difficulty getting enough umbrellas with the hut at a lower level, although I finished the last event like this without leveling up to the top level. I think I gave up on parts around level 9 or 10 (of 15).

Keep doing the deliveries (which have the benefit of letting you gain points to move up a level in the game) and check the newspaper and neighbors for upgrade parts as well.

You are not alone in your frustration with drop rates. It's an ongoing theme.

Thank you im leveled to 5 at the moment im not giving up but ive decided that also to not try as hard and look for parts thanks for the help

caron7
07-01-16, 11:15 AM
FWIW, it is a tiki doll and not a hula dancer and it says to give the doll not sacrifice to the tiki God....

It actually does say sacrifice. I agree with the previous poster on this. Very strange thing to choose to build an event around, really. You could pick many lovely South Pacific traditions to feature. Offer leis instead?

LadyFencer
07-01-16, 11:37 AM
Thank you im leveled to 5 at the moment im not giving up but ive decided that also to not try as hard and look for parts thanks for the help

The approach I take with the prizes is to participate without going nuts, and if I get the prize, it's a lovely thing. If I don't, my world does not stop turning. It makes the game much more enjoyable because I'm not stressed out.

Helle2103
07-01-16, 11:48 AM
How do I upgrade Tiki Hut? And where can I see what is needed for next Tiki Hut level?

Natasha_07
07-01-16, 12:20 PM
This one looks difficult for me, I like the theme though.

Helle2103
07-01-16, 01:08 PM
How do I upgrade Tiki Hut? And where can I see what is needed for next Tiki Hut level?

There is a bug on IPad - it do not show the Update option in the button of the screen. It is there on my IPhone - so I could Update via IPhone but not via IPad.

Helle2103
07-01-16, 01:20 PM

I have the same problem problem after reaching lvl 5 on the Tiki Hut. On the IPad there are now a "limited reached" when I tab on Tiki Hut - and the deliveries do not give any Update items. But it do work on IPhone.

jmack8514
07-01-16, 01:56 PM
Im on iphone and im not having any major issues but i agree theres no reason to going nuts if i get it i get it if not oh well im still picking up tons of expansion things so either way i win

bss0226
07-01-16, 01:59 PM
There is a bug on IPad - it do not show the Update option in the button of the screen. It is there on my IPhone - so I could Update via IPhone but not via IPad.

I had no problem fully upgrading on my iPad.

Helle2103
07-01-16, 02:34 PM
I had no problem fully upgrading on my iPad.

My IPad still writer "limite reached" and at the iPhone I can use and have Update items.

Helle2103
07-01-16, 02:35 PM
My IPad still writer "limite reached" and at the iPhone I can use and have Update items.

No - now it do work.... Super

dizzle507
07-01-16, 03:51 PM

5 already?!? Wow! I delivered bout 50+ times and was just able to upgrade to level 2. We have 25 days, and the way the drop rate is going, looks like we will need all the time.

SallyCat60
07-01-16, 03:58 PM
5 already?!? Wow! I delivered bout 50+ times and was just able to upgrade to level 2. We have 25 days, and the way the drop rate is going, looks like we will need all the time.

Same here!

FunkyJM
07-01-16, 06:05 PM
Hereby a picture, whereby it's say you can find a time tiki doll by completing deliveries

Thankful12
07-01-16, 11:35 PM
But really Farm Story, 🚫🚫Shame farm story 🚫🚫 there is so much real life domestic violence, and sexism, sacrificing hula girls to a tiki head should not be part of a game. What are you thinking????

I too am deciding whether to participate. I might keep getting umbrellas if that is all that is required, but the other part of that perspective is that they are asking me to buy the tiki head to sacrifice to it as a god ( it says tiki gods like . No, it is not a god. Not in a game, not as a joke, not or fun. No, I am not sacrificing hula girls to it. ( check page 3 for screenshot telling you to sacrifice them)

Thankful12
07-01-16, 11:39 PM

I tried to upload a screenshot. If it didn't work look at page 3 of this thread. It does say to sacrifice them.

judyandthecat
07-02-16, 12:03 AM
I too am deciding whether to participate. I might keep getting umbrellas if that is all that is required, but the other part of that perspective is that they are asking me to buy the tiki head to sacrifice to it as a god ( it says tiki gods like . No, it is not a god. Not in a game, not as a joke, not or fun. No, I am not sacrificing hula girls to it. ( check page 3 for screenshot telling you to sacrifice them)

You can obtain extra umbrellas by giving hula dolls to the tikis but you do not have to do this to obtain the turtle.
All you need to do is keep updating your tiki hut and collecting the little umbrellas from it every three hours.

The team obviously made an error in their description of the hula dolls in the barn as it has offended some players. And they have corrected this description!

On the other hand the turtle is an adorable pet and I find that this world event is a a much needed break from the trucks.

bakerystoe
07-02-16, 12:21 AM
Just upgraded to stage 3. The tiki tumbler is hard to get. just Flower

caron7
07-02-16, 12:21 AM

I tried to upload a screenshot. If it didn't work look at page 3 of this thread. It does say to sacrifice them.. Looks like some changes were made to this. New description says offer a doll to a Tiki head. That is marginally better, but still may be offensive to many. Offer is not so different from sacrifice. Give might have been ok. 3208132082

bakerystoe
07-02-16, 12:23 AM

I tried to upload a screenshot. If it didn't work look at page 3 of this thread. It does say to sacrifice them.
Come on guys! It is just a side decoration which gives you some Parts or Points for the event( The Tiki head) To activate it you just need to get hula dolls to activate it! DUH

Sandybellee
07-02-16, 02:58 AM
I've been taking a break but happy to find this event coming back! Looks like fun - lovely looking prizes! Good luck to everyone!

mearro
07-02-16, 03:30 AM

I only get the flowers and dolls but I find that many players sell the updating parts which helped me to level to stage 5 as well. But yes the drop rate seems very low, I barely got any parts from deliveries but the orders have gotten easier, no longer asking for smoked items or not that much

kindefarm1890
07-02-16, 06:13 AM
I spent all day making deliveries and sent out 65. The upgrade parts that I received are below
2 Masks
6 Tumblers
7 Flowers

At this rate of return and if I want to fully upgrade I will need to send out over 7,000 deliveries before the event ends which is impossible for me.

I found 1 mask and a few flowers in the newspaper yesterday and that is having the newspaper opened for hours. The team really needs to open the upgrade parts to everyone, even those not playing, so we can find the items in the newspaper.

mearro
07-02-16, 07:16 AM
I was very lucky, I found several times in newspaper somebody selling 5-10 mask, 4-7 flowers and 5-8 tumblers. I found out these players to be at level 14-18ish and they keep selling, either not participating in the event (I didn't see the Tiki Hut) or no barn space. The drop rate seems to be much lower with higher levels? I mostly get dolls which I don't use at all

bakerystoe
07-02-16, 08:26 AM
I didn't get a lot tumblers .. Still on 3. So about the Sacrificing of the hula dancers, TL fixed it but I felt a bit not right to our children, Who ALSO play and so do the elders when they see the Hula Dolls go into the mouth of the TIki head.. just like a Horror Film.. Uhh

bakerystoe
07-02-16, 08:27 AM
I was very lucky, I found several times in newspaper somebody selling 5-10 mask, 4-7 flowers and 5-8 tumblers. I found out these players to be at level 14-18ish and they keep selling, either not participating in the event (I didn't see the Tiki Hut) or no barn space. The drop rate seems to be much lower with higher levels? I mostly get dolls which I don't use at all

I wish I were you!! I saw a farmer which sell 10 Flowers which I might not need it most and he upgraded to the max lvl of the tiki hut

mearro
07-02-16, 08:35 AM
I wish I were you!! I saw a farmer which sell 10 Flowers which I might not need it most and he upgraded to the max lvl of the tiki hut

Whoa, that's real fast!!! I'm now at stage 6, it will be a long time before I get to 15.
Whenever I find such farmers who sells updating parts I try to add them as neighbours and keep checking if they sell any more. Definitely check on that farmer, you will find parts on sale :D

Rynetory2
07-02-16, 08:46 AM
Unleash the umbrella
Upgrade to level 4

@FunkyJM - Btw 3rd prize is 1,000 tiny umbrellas, maybe you like to amend post 1 (1.000) in case someone read as 1 with 3 decimal places.

FunkyJM
07-02-16, 08:58 AM
Unleash the umbrella
Upgrade to level 4

@FunkyJM - Btw 3rd prize is 1,000 tiny umbrellas, maybe you like to amend post 1 (1.000) in case someone read as 1 with 3 decimal places.

Changed the dot into , :) In The Netherlands we use the dot :D Thanks

Thank you! :) Rynetory2

Helle2103
07-02-16, 02:46 PM
When I have used a Hula dool on a King Tiki Head (bought for gems) I get 20-30 umbrellas. If I use a Hula dool at a Tiki Head ( bought for gold coins) I get 6 or 8 umbrellas.

Is that a coincident or have anyone else noticed this?

FunkyJM
07-02-16, 03:34 PM
When I have used a Hula dool on a King Tiki Head (bought for gems) I get 20-30 umbrellas. If I use a Hula dool at a Tiki Head ( bought for gold coins) I get 6 or 8 umbrellas.

Is that a coincident or have anyone else noticed this?

Hi Helle,

I've only use the Tike Head bought for coins. The max of umbrellas I got from it was 14 (saw 2, 4, 6, 8, 10, 14). I haven't bought the gem Tike Heads yet but if I do buy them, I will use them as decoration :D

Rynetory2
07-02-16, 06:32 PM
Changed the dot into , :) In The Netherlands we use the dot :D Thanks

Thank you! Here's another goal. Umbrella company - Upgrade to level 7

yummy_bistro
07-03-16, 11:30 PM
hard time to drop those mask men big or small at low levels.

Did lots of deliveries, something nothing returned, no parts at all

SallyCat60
07-04-16, 02:04 AM
I spent all day making deliveries and sent out 65. The upgrade parts that I received are below
2 Masks
6 Tumblers
7 Flowers

At this rate of return and if I want to fully upgrade I will need to send out over 7,000 deliveries before the event ends which is impossible for me.

I found 1 mask and a few flowers in the newspaper yesterday and that is having the newspaper opened for hours. The team really needs to open the upgrade parts to everyone, even those not playing, so we can find the items in the newspaper.

The drop rate for the tumblers and masks does seem quite limited. I've had mostly dolls and flowers from plane orders and have found a few upgrade parts in the market, but I am now at level 5 which gives you 20 umbrellas every 3 hours and need 6 of each upgrade part to reach level 6, which then only adds 4 more umbrellas every 3 hours. I need 450 umbrellas to reach the 2nd goal and currently only have 172. I've bought six tiki heads with coins so far and used them, which have added about 30 umbrellas to my total (they don't always give you umbrellas, I've had flowers and about 2 upgrade parts from them) I'm wondering just how many hours you need to play to collect from the tiki hut to get anywhere near the turtle goal. I may need to quit my job, ignore my family and never sleep! Lol

Sandybellee
07-04-16, 06:32 AM
I'm getting mostly masks. Flowers are the rarest for me.

SallyCat60
07-04-16, 08:10 AM
Whoa, that's real fast!!! I'm now at stage 6, it will be a long time before I get to 15.
Whenever I find such farmers who sells updating parts I try to add them as neighbours and keep checking if they sell any more. Definitely check on that farmer, you will find parts on sale :D

That's a great idea, mearro. Sometimes the add button doesn't appear but we can send them a message on their wall asking them to add us and giving our Storm ID. I found one farmer whose tiki hut was at level 12 and messaged them to add me, because their hut will possibly be at level 15 before the event ends and be selling parts off. Something else I've been doing is buying all the items in Stormie's shop (he usually only sells one of each and at a bargain price) so that he doesn't appear in the newspaper, opening up one more community seller to take his place. Another thing I've been trying is watching those selling hula dolls and when they are sold, clicking on the seller's 'visit farm' button to see if they are selling other upgrade parts. Usually they're just selling off the glut of dolls we seem to be getting but it's worth a look. If they don't sell, I buy the dolls myself and go visit, as they're very cheap and can be sold off in your own shop. If they don't sell and you need to dump them, you only lose a few coins. Good luck, I hope you get the Turtle!

bakerystoe
07-04-16, 08:22 AM

I am different I mostly get flowers

lydiahin
07-04-16, 08:49 AM
I am getting no mask at all, very frustrating, cannot update as I refuse to spend lots of money on it

ghjvcucjb
07-04-16, 11:38 AM
I'm burnt out on deliveries. Wish they would mix the goals up in these events. Otherwise they become mind numbing same action on repeat repeat repeat repeat repeat.

Helle2103
07-04-16, 01:49 PM
How do I get more tutels? There are room for 3.

bss0226
07-04-16, 02:26 PM
How do I get more tutels? There are room for 3.

Wait for another event or for the game to sell new ones. They did that with the new skunk for 200 gems. Plus many of us did the pool event last year and won 1 or more turtles from that event.

Helle2103
07-04-16, 02:52 PM
Wait for another event or for the game to sell new ones. They did that with the new skunk for 200 gems. Plus many of us did the pool event last year and won 1 or more turtles from that event.

Thank you.

mearro
07-04-16, 03:52 PM
Just joined the community part of the event - almost 25M tiny umbrellas collected wordwide :D

http://forums.storm8.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=32114

Rynetory2
07-04-16, 04:59 PM
Drinks made in the shade
Upgrade to level 11

bss0226
07-04-16, 07:54 PM
So what is that first community prize supposed to be? 3 guitars, ukes, something else?

yummy_bistro
07-04-16, 11:04 PM

I am the opp, we should swap lol

RobsAngel91214
07-05-16, 06:53 AM
Is anyone else experiencing issues with this event? I have made it to upgrade 2 like 4 or 5x now and when I go back in the game it has removed me back to level 1. I am getting really ticked off cuz the drop rate on the flowers is like non existent and the game keeps taking away my progress. Just wondered if I am the only one?

Rynetory2
07-05-16, 08:01 AM
Is anyone else experiencing issues with this event? I have made it to upgrade 2 like 4 or 5x now and when I go back in the game it has removed me back to level 1. I am getting really ticked off cuz the drop rate on the flowers is like non existent and the game keeps taking away my progress. Just wondered if I am the only one?

Which game version are you playing on? Sounds like you're having a sync error whereby your game progress wasn't properly saved. Did you leave your game running in the background? I have no issues upgrading. Please check that you're using the latest version and your connection is stable. Please try the suggestions under Sync Issues and Connection Issues in http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?88875-Please-read-this-before-posting-bug-reports&p=1301035&viewfull=1#post1301035.

Fresh start your game before your next upgrade and don't leave the game immediately afterwards, do a force save before you do.

Rynetory2
07-05-16, 08:20 AM
Moderator Warning

The buy/sell posts by various members in this thread have be removed.
Please use Farm 2: Buy/Sell (http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?76146-Farm-2-Buy-Sell) thread for sale of event items.

TeabytheSea3
07-05-16, 08:24 AM
Will the quest parts continue to drop from our plane deliveries after the final upgrade to the tiki stand? I'd like to be able to help neighbor's with quest parts if possible. Thank you.

Rynetory2
07-05-16, 08:27 AM
Will the quest parts continue to drop from our plane deliveries after the final upgrade to the tiki stand? I'd like to be able to help neighbor's with quest parts if possible. Thank you.

Yes they do.

TeabytheSea3
07-05-16, 08:34 AM
Yes they do.
Thank you, Rynetory. :)

SallyCat60
07-05-16, 09:00 AM
Doh! Ive forgotten what level my Tiki hut is :rolleyes: I think I'm now on 8.. Getting 32 brollies every 3 hours. Just need 2 tumblers and 10 masks to level up to 36 per 3hrs... I'm working it out at 4 brollies per level.. 8x4 = 32, so I must be level 8, yes? Silly me.

bss0226
07-05-16, 09:25 AM
Doh! Ive forgotten what level my Tiki hut is :rolleyes: I think I'm now on 8.. Getting 32 brollies every 3 hours. Just need 2 tumblers and 10 masks to level up to 36 per 3hrs... I'm working it out at 4 brollies per level.. 8x4 = 32, so I must be level 8, yes? Silly me.

Click on your hut, look in lower right hand corner of game. It will tell you your level.

bss0226
07-05-16, 09:29 AM
Which game version are you playing on? Sounds like you're having a sync error whereby your game progress wasn't properly saved. Did you leave your game running in the background? I have no issues upgrading. Please check that you're using the latest version and your connection is stable. Please try the suggestions under Sync Issues and Connection Issues in http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?88875-Please-read-this-before-posting-bug-reports&p=1301035&viewfull=1#post1301035.

Fresh start your game before your next upgrade and don't leave the game immediately afterwards, do a force save before you do.
Also after you upgrade make sure you visit a neighbor such as Stormie. This forces your game to sync with the TL Servers and save your progress immediately. If you get a message about needing an Internet connection, then you have connection issues. Make sure you have a stable connection (in your settings app) and if you do go back to fs2 and hit continue/try again to get the game to connect and sync

mearro
07-05-16, 10:56 AM
That's a great idea, mearro. Sometimes the add button doesn't appear but we can send them a message on their wall asking them to add us and giving our Storm ID. I found one farmer whose tiki hut was at level 12 and messaged them to add me, because their hut will possibly be at level 15 before the event ends and be selling parts off. Something else I've been doing is buying all the items in Stormie's shop (he usually only sells one of each and at a bargain price) so that he doesn't appear in the newspaper, opening up one more community seller to take his place. Another thing I've been trying is watching those selling hula dolls and when they are sold, clicking on the seller's 'visit farm' button to see if they are selling other upgrade parts. Usually they're just selling off the glut of dolls we seem to be getting but it's worth a look. If they don't sell, I buy the dolls myself and go visit, as they're very cheap and can be sold off in your own shop. If they don't sell and you need to dump them, you only lose a few coins. Good luck, I hope you get the Turtle!

That's actually a great idea with buying all items from Stormie's shop. But yeah, for the rest I do exactly like you :D

Tiki hunt lvl 8 now but I'm really struggling with barn space...

bakerystoe
07-05-16, 09:47 PM
I was walking around and BOOM
16 Flowers
12 Tiki Masks
6 Tiki Tumblers
That's was from my neighbor and she have already upgraded to LVL 15
Now I have 72 Flowers( LOL )
And 18 Masks
But can't upgrade to the next level. Shame on me

yummy_bistro
07-05-16, 11:47 PM
any use for the hula dolls?

judyandthecat
07-05-16, 11:57 PM
any use for the hula dolls?

You give them to the tiki heads and you will be rewarded with umbrellas or upgrade parts

yummy_bistro
07-06-16, 12:06 AM
You give them to the tiki heads and you will be rewarded with umbrellas or upgrade parts

thx but my upgrade now is flowers and those mask which I never get lol ( from stage 4 to 5 )

SallyCat60
07-06-16, 01:14 AM
Click on your hut, look in lower right hand corner of game. It will tell you your level.

Thank you! I have never noticed that before. (Too busy double clicking it to see how many upgrade parts I am needing, lol.) I'm on 9 now. :o

SallyCat60
07-06-16, 01:22 AM
I was walking around and BOOM
16 Flowers
12 Tiki Masks
6 Tiki Tumblers
That's was from my neighbor and she have already upgraded to LVL 15
Now I have 72 Flowers( LOL )
And 18 Masks
But can't upgrade to the next level. Shame on me

I did the same walk and found several parts in other farms but was very lucky to catch 10 masks in the newspaper which allowed me to upgrade tiki hut to 9. I also found some parts by either clicking on hula dolls that had just been sold or bought them and then visited the farm. Of course I ended up with half a million hula dolls at one point! Good job they're only worth very little coins as I was popping them in my shop and if they weren't selling, discarding them to recover barn space! Lol

bakerystoe
07-06-16, 01:39 AM
That's actually a great idea with buying all items from Stormie's shop. But yeah, for the rest I do exactly like you :D

Tiki hunt lvl 8 now but I'm really struggling with barn space...
Stormie now is not selling me any Items from event

LadyFencer
07-06-16, 05:16 AM
I'm done buying the tiki statues. 5000 coins for a whole ... Wait for it ... SIX umbrellas. How cheap can S8 get? Drop rates for parts are worse than I expected them to be. The joke is on the developers, though, as I don't care about the prize. Still collecting stuff to help toward the community prizes and selling those dang hula dolls that are everywhere.

bakerystoe
07-06-16, 06:03 AM
I'm done buying the tiki statues. 5000 coins for a whole ... Wait for it ... SIX umbrellas. How cheap can S8 get? Drop rates for parts are worse than I expected them to be. The joke is on the developers, though, as I don't care about the prize. Still collecting stuff to help toward the community prizes and selling those dang hula dolls that are everywhere.
Same on Every game. humor has it. They need to get Cash. Over 100 Deliveries, I got just about 10 Tiki tumblers, other is from My Neigbors and Newspaper. The drop rate is 10%. lol

tuffyjkitten
07-06-16, 09:54 AM
Where are the tiki masks?? Took me 2 days to get 6 so I could upgrade. I have lots of flowers and tumblers. And the event delivery drops in general are few and far between. Half of them give coins only, not even a regular drop of some kind (not that I need more pickaxes and saws, thanks anyways).

mearro
07-06-16, 10:23 AM
Also after you upgrade make sure you visit a neighbor such as Stormie. This forces your game to sync with the TL Servers and save your progress immediately. If you get a message about needing an Internet connection, then you have connection issues. Make sure you have a stable connection (in your settings app) and if you do go back to fs2 and hit continue/try again to get the game to connect and sync

I'm actually having the same problem. I upgraded to lvl 9 but now I'm back at lvl 8 and of course all the parts are gone :/ I will try your solutions.

yummy_bistro
07-06-16, 07:24 PM
I have tonnes of hula dolls, flowers, just no tumblers and masks!!

bakerystoe
07-06-16, 10:01 PM
the drop rate is much better than The past few days. Increase to 20%. Great!!! My goal is upgrade the tiki hit to level 15 before midnight the 16th day

mearro
07-07-16, 12:34 AM
I have tonnes of hula dolls, flowers, just no tumblers and masks!!

Same here!

yummy_bistro
07-07-16, 12:43 AM
Same here!

soemtimes just coins, not even any parts :( I am trying to upgrade to lv 5, but this is so hard let alone lv 15 -_-

SallyCat60
07-07-16, 02:40 AM
soemtimes just coins, not even any parts :( I am trying to upgrade to lv 5, but this is so hard let alone lv 15 -_-

Same here at the moment, I've only managed to level up the tiki hut by lucky finds in the newspaper or visiting the community farms. Even those I found selling parts and added them as neighbours haven't sold parts since but it's nice to have new neighbours, lol. Had I relied on the plane orders to give me parts my tiki hut would still be on a much lower level. With such a low drop rate of upgrade parts, it's disheartening when you do actually get enough to upgrade and then it hits you with a huge jump in part numbers to get you to the next goal. I'm now looking at 17 of each upgrade part to take me to level 10 and in the past few days have gathered 17 flowers, 5 tumblers and 7 masks and most of those were either left over from newspaper finds after my last upgrade or recent finds. Since then I've sent many, many plane orders, spent a heap of coins buying items to complete plane orders and have had precisely 1 mask, 0 tumblers 1 flowers and more hula dolls than you can shake a stick at...

SallyCat60
07-07-16, 02:45 AM
Stormie now is not selling me any Items from event

He's been selling event items? Sneaky Stormie's hasn't been selling any for me so far. I'll have to have words...

bakerystoe
07-07-16, 03:53 AM
He's been selling event items? Sneaky Stormie's hasn't been selling any for me so far. I'll have to have words...
He is Now so greedy. sell 1 hula doll. It's too hard for me to get up to 15 by 16

dizzle507
07-07-16, 05:16 AM

I dunno how everyone else is getting all these items. I've been stuck on level 6 for 3 days, and no where close to leveling up again. Seems like I get a hula doll every other delivery and 1 part for every 20-30 deliveries

DragonManda
07-07-16, 05:33 AM
Does anyone have screenshots of what the different stages of the hut look like? During these types of events, I usually can't get enough upgrade parts to upgrade to the final stage before the event ends, but I can still collect enough times to get the final pet prize. So I usually set myself a personal goal of trying to upgrade just enough times so that the item (in this case, the tiki hut) looks nice enough to me. Then if I get extra upgrade parts beyond that point, I sell them to help others reach their goals.

ClaireBrianna
07-07-16, 09:08 AM
How do you get gold bars ????? I cannot ever get them and I've sent out many many trucks. This is getting discouraged, somebody please help me understand. Thanks.

mearro
07-07-16, 09:20 AM
I dunno how everyone else is getting all these items. I've been stuck on level 6 for 3 days, and no where close to leveling up again. Seems like I get a hula doll every other delivery and 1 part for every 20-30 deliveries

I keep buying them, a lot of players are selling the parts and quite in bulk (5-10 flowers/mask/tumblers). If you stalk the newspaper for a bit you will surely buy enough to level up. Tbh I only managed to upgraded my hut because of buying from others as my deliveries give me only flowers and dolls.

Is there any difference in the hut appearance between stage 8 and 9? Just upgraded but it seems the same to me? I like the idea of posting all the images of stages. Doubt I will reach lvl 15 :P

SallyCat60
07-07-16, 11:51 AM
Have to admit Dizzle, that the further people are getting, the harder it is to find upgrade items on sale, what with the amount of parts you need jumping to higher amounts each time you level up, people don't seem to be putting their excess items up for sale as much. I haven't had any lucky finds in the newspaper or by visiting other farms for a while now. As the days tick by, the prospect of having that little turtle lessens more and more.

ghjvcucjb
07-07-16, 11:53 AM

Me too and I'm not finding anything in my newspaper. Maybe I should cancel my subscription and order a new newspapers? Lol

SallyCat60
07-07-16, 11:53 AM
I keep buying them, a lot of players are selling the parts and quite in bulk (5-10 flowers/mask/tumblers). If you stalk the newspaper for a bit you will surely buy enough to level up. Tbh I only managed to upgraded my hut because of buying from others as my deliveries give me only flowers and dolls.

Is there any difference in the hut appearance between stage 8 and 9? Just upgraded but it seems the same to me? I like the idea of posting all the images of stages. Doubt I will reach lvl 15 :P
The tiki hut doesn't change from 7 until you get to 11.

ghjvcucjb
07-07-16, 11:55 AM
This morning when I send out plane deliveries, the plane lands and everything disappears, makes it look like the plane never left, no coins, no items, no upgrade parts. Just an empty plane. Has happened numerous times this morning. Afraid to send out any more and lose out on the deliveries. Is this happening to anyone else. Have done the usual fixes

SallyCat60
07-07-16, 11:58 AM
Does anyone have screenshots of what the different stages of the hut look like? During these types of events, I usually can't get enough upgrade parts to upgrade to the final stage before the event ends, but I can still collect enough times to get the final pet prize. So I usually set myself a personal goal of trying to upgrade just enough times so that the item (in this case, the tiki hut) looks nice enough to me. Then if I get extra upgrade parts beyond that point, I sell them to help others reach their goals.
Here is a screenshot of a tiki hut I found on a community farm at level 11. I'll be happy to get that far as I will put it by my deli shop which I have just by the train station, so when visitors arrive by train, they can buy some food and have somewhere nice to sit! Lol.

I've also spotted a level 15 tiki hut, which also has sun loungers beside it.

mearro
07-07-16, 12:06 PM
The tiki hut doesn't change from 7 until you get to 11.

Oh I see, Idk I assumed it changes at every stage xD thanks!

SallyCat60
07-07-16, 12:11 PM

Before I went to work this morning, I made sure I had every plane order being made to send out when I got home. So I sent eight orders out and got nothing but hula dolls. I'm planning on putting them in a huge pile in the middle of my field and setting light to the flippen things!

mearro
07-07-16, 01:07 PM
Before I went to work this morning, I made sure I had every plane order being made to send out when I got home. So I sent eight orders out and got nothing but hula dolls. I'm planning on putting them in a huge pile in the middle of my field and setting light to the flippen things!

I only get the flowers and dolls so I pretty much stopped plane deliveries now. If I'm lucky I find some parts in newspapers, it's true now I cannot much large number of parts but 1-3 sometimes, mostly the flowers and masks and tumbler are rarer. I think lvl 11 is my limit, but the hut with lounges look also nice

ginrae22
07-07-16, 03:14 PM
Hello all, so I'm REALLY behind. I went on a short little vacation (which was awesome) but now I'm back and I missed days of collecting and as many of you are clearly also experiencing this you will understand that I'm not getting ANY parts from my deliveries. It just plain stinks! []

blah . Hope the delivery drop rate increases soon! They always do this to us and oh yeah I'm barely seeing anything in the news. Did I mention that my tiki hut is only STAGE threeeeee (3!!!). Sorry just venting. I mean I kind of have to. Good luck everyone.

Mitzi111
07-07-16, 03:59 PM
I was gone for a while and didn't get started on the Tiki event, so I am curious... is the 'Spin to Win' that just popped up part of Tiki? or a seperate event?

ginrae22
07-07-16, 04:08 PM
I was gone for a while and didn't get started on the Tiki event, so I am curious... is the 'Spin to Win' that just popped up part of Tiki? or a seperate event?

Hi! I'm not sure when the spin to win first showed up, but I only noticed it a few minutes ago and I'm thinking its separate and that they are just going to incorporate this into the fs2 now as they have in others including DS. But I'm just speculating! I'm sure someone will give you an "official" answer soon.

Mitzi111
07-07-16, 06:58 PM
Hi! I'm not sure when the spin to win first showed up, but I only noticed it a few minutes ago and I'm thinking its separate and that they are just going to incorporate this into the fs2 now as they have in others including DS. But I'm just speculating! I'm sure someone will give you an "official" answer soon.

Thanks ginrae22!

caron7
07-07-16, 08:48 PM
The spin to win seems to be part of the Farmer's Market... Related to the truck deliveries.

http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?92267-The-Farmers-Market-Jun-16-2016-(iOS)

yummy_bistro
07-07-16, 11:19 PM
I only get the flowers and dolls so I pretty much stopped plane deliveries now. If I'm lucky I find some parts in newspapers, it's true now I cannot much large number of parts but 1-3 sometimes, mostly the flowers and masks and tumbler are rarer. I think lvl 11 is my limit, but the hut with lounges look also nice

can't find anything, it still drops me hula dolls, I sold over 20 of them lol
about to give up, newsstd have nothing only flowers n dolls -_-

orleansparish
07-07-16, 11:27 PM
I don't think I'll finish this. I couldn't play for a day and a half, have less than 5000 coins and not one viable delivery. I see no upgrade parts on sale either. Which stinks, because the turtle would be my first let in over six months of not playing.

I see I have a gem sale though, so I may buy myself the cute little hula yorkie as a consolation prize.

spring_peeper
07-08-16, 04:44 AM
I don't think I'll finish this. I couldn't play for a day and a half, have less than 5000 coins and not one viable delivery. I see no upgrade parts on sale either. Which stinks, because the turtle would be my first let in over six months of not playing.

I see I have a gem sale though, so I may buy myself the cute little hula yorkie as a consolation prize.

Drop rates are deplorable. Much better in previous events. What gives TL?

ginrae22
07-08-16, 10:09 AM
Thanks ginrae22!

You're welcome! I hope that sort of helped lol. ; )

mearro
07-08-16, 10:40 AM
I must be lucky cause I just bought now 8 tumblers, 12 flowers and 9 masks. I gave another go with plane deliveries and so far 4 out of 6 deliveries gave me some parts (mostly flower but masks appear too, luckily no dolls), have they increased the drop rate then?

spring_peeper
07-08-16, 10:56 AM
I must be lucky cause I just bought now 8 tumblers, 12 flowers and 9 masks. I gave another go with plane deliveries and so far 4 out of 6 deliveries gave me some parts (mostly flower but masks appear too, luckily no dolls), have they increased the drop rate then?

My drop rate has reduced considerably in the last two days. I'm not even getting anything related to the event.

mearro
07-08-16, 10:59 AM
My drop rate has reduced considerably in the last two days. I'm not even getting anything related to the event.

Have you found any parts in the newspaper? Once you see them, get the farmers as your neighbours, I find myself buying often from the same farmers who have either reached max of the hut or are not participating in the event.

LadyFencer
07-08-16, 06:49 PM
When I do get parts, I'm getting masks and flowers. Been sitting on level 5 needing one tumbler for a couple of days now. Nothing in the newspaper or among neighbors. This morning I started sticking needles in my hula dolls to see if that prods anyone at S8 to release parts. So far, no, but it sure is fun! Think I'm going to start a bonfire with the masks soon. I have chocolate. Anyone have marshmallows or graham crackers to make s'mores?

bakerystoe
07-09-16, 12:06 AM
Stage 9:( How many days left I can get up to 15

mearro
07-09-16, 03:03 AM
Second Community Prize: prize name? : 200,000,000 tiny umbrellas
Not sure we will reach the 3rd prize at this rate but 2nd might be possible ^^

LadyFencer
07-09-16, 03:18 AM
When I do get parts, I'm getting masks and flowers. Been sitting on level 5 needing one tumbler for a couple of days now. Nothing in the newspaper or among neighbors. This morning I started sticking needles in my hula dolls to see if that prods anyone at S8 to release parts. So far, no, but it sure is fun! Think I'm going to start a bonfire with the masks soon. I have chocolate. Anyone have marshmallows or graham crackers to make s'mores?

It worked! I got a tumbler just now!

spring_peeper
07-09-16, 05:18 AM
Not to complain or anything.....

I've started receiving flowers maybe once every 5 deliveries. Been receiving hula dolls about the same. When I buy the tiki thing for $2500, I notice my rewards are so much less than before! I used to get 10 tiny umbrellas. Now I am lucky if I get one flower or one umbrella.

LadyFencer
07-09-16, 05:22 AM
Not to complain or anything.....

I've started receiving flowers maybe once every 5 deliveries. Been receiving hula dolls about the same. When I buy the tiki thing for $2500, I notice my rewards are so much less than before! I used to get 10 tiny umbrellas. Now I am lucky if I get one flower or one umbrella.

I got six umbrellas between two of those tiki guys. That was it for me. Not worth $2500 apiece. Definitely not spending gems on any.

SallyCat60
07-09-16, 05:31 AM
Does anyone know exactly how many umbrellas are needed to reach the turtle goal? It's 2 thousand to reach the little volcano thing, so if I actually reach the volcano, I'm dreading how many more umbrellas it's going to ask for to win the little guy. Started at 100 For the first goal, jumped 350 to reach the 2nd goal at 450, jumped 650 to reach the third goal at 1000, jumped 1000 to reach fourth goal at 2000... What are we looking at? A 3000 jump to get 5000 perhaps? Currently 40 umbrellas every 3 hours + appalling upgrade drop rates + hard/impossible plane orders + hardly anyone selling upgrade items + having to go to work + sleep = Ain't gonna happen I fear...

Rynetory2
07-09-16, 05:37 AM
Does anyone know exactly how many umbrellas are needed to reach the turtle goal? It's 2 thousand to reach the little volcano thing, so if I actually reach the volcano, I'm dreading how many more umbrellas it's going to ask for to win the little guy. Started at 100 For the first goal, jumped 350 to reach the 2nd goal at 450, jumped 650 to reach the third goal at 1000, jumped 1000 to reach fourth goal at 2000... What are we looking at? A 3000 jump to get 5000 perhaps? Currently 40 umbrellas every 3 hours + appalling upgrade drop rates + hard/impossible plane orders + hardly anyone selling upgrade items + having to go to work + sleep = Ain't gonna happen I fear...

It's 4,200 tiny umbrellas.

SallyCat60
07-09-16, 09:02 AM
It's 4,200 tiny umbrellas.

Thank you :)

mearro
07-09-16, 09:10 AM
Finally reached lvl 11 (and that's tiki hut done for me! I admit today I barely found any parts and I don't have much space in the barn to keep them all) and I got a tiny change of getting the turtle IF I collect literally every 3h but that would require skipping work and sleeping so I guess I might just get the volcano only :P

Btw, what is the 2nd community prize? Some sort of ultimate tiki head that we can use many, many times? Or it's just a decoration?

spring_peeper
07-10-16, 05:20 AM
Am I the only one getting literally ZERO items from deliveries??

In the last 10 deliveries I've received NOTHING

syncler78
07-10-16, 07:23 AM
Btw, what is the 2nd community prize? Some sort of ultimate tiki head that we can use many, many times? Or it's just a decoration?

It looks to me like a totem pole decoration.

mearro
07-10-16, 07:27 AM
It looks to me like a totem pole decoration.

Yeah, it looks like that. I wish it was a super fancy tiki head. I used the coined one but it gave me just few tiny umbrellas and I don't want to spend on gem tiki heads, plus I heard they don't give you that much

Just saw one farm with a turtle, that's so fast! Is it possible to reach top prizes without spending real money or gems? TT-TT

JojoMoonflower
07-10-16, 08:05 AM
I have not been able to upgrade my tiki hut for 3 days now. Deliveries are holding back on tumblers. And the newspaper is not showing them either. I get all the other upgrade items. I know another player having the same problem. I really hope we could all start getting better results soon. Good luck.

bss0226
07-10-16, 08:21 AM
Yeah, it looks like that. I wish it was a super fancy tiki head. I used the coined one but it gave me just few tiny umbrellas and I don't want to spend on gem tiki heads, plus I heard they don't give you that much

Just saw one farm with a turtle, that's so fast! Is it possible to reach top prizes without spending real money or gems? TT-TT

Yes you can get the turtle without spending real money or gems. Buy the $2500 tikis. There are tons of dolls for sale in the newspapers to use with them. You'll get upgrade parts or umbrellas from them. As long as you have cash in the game, you can buy the tikis. I find selling logs makes lots of cash. Other items do well too. If you have the sushi shop make and sell rice bowls, wasabi paste etc. players need these constantly to make other sushi items. You'll be richly rewarded

mearro
07-10-16, 08:31 AM
Yes you can get the turtle without spending real money or gems. Buy the $2500 tikis. There are tons of dolls for sale in the newspapers to use with them. You'll get upgrade parts or umbrellas from them. As long as you have cash in the game, you can buy the tikis. I find selling logs makes lots of cash. Other items do well too. If you have the sushi shop make and sell rice bowls, wasabi paste etc. players need these constantly to make other sushi items. You'll be richly rewarded

Nah, I haven't unlocked the sushi stage yet :P
But I heard not so good reviews about the coined tiki heads? I have no problem finding parts from my neighbours or in newspaper, only tumblers are so scarce, I need 5 more to level up.

lynard12
07-10-16, 08:49 AM

Totally agree- no tiki hut parts from deliveries a couple of saws..... Bout ready to call it quits

anne202b
07-10-16, 02:50 PM

I'm right there with ya! Bout ready to give up on this event. And I really want that turtle!! :(

yummy_bistro
07-10-16, 07:32 PM
For past 3 days sitting on hut lv 4 upgrade and then had to use 9gems to upgrade to 5!

Hardly any mask, tumblers guys!

About to give up this event too

WINDHAMHILLS
07-11-16, 12:07 AM
I've completed 38 deliveries and received 1 gold cowbell, 10 silver, and 27 bronze. I'm on Stage 8 of the Tiki Hut. The only way I've been able to complete truck deliveries and upgrade the hut is through purchases from the newspaper and other players. I don't have multiple farms, this one is it. Drops from plane deliveries have been very erratic, sometimes I'll get 3 items (for example a map, tool, and Tiki flowers) but most of the time no goodies at all. And having to supply 58 biscuits to fulfill a truck order is frustrating! However, I really appreciate the advance information about what the next truck delivery will be, so I can start making the items in advance. Thank you, Storm 8, it helps a lot! Please, please, please do something about the lack of gold cowbells for truck deliveries.

FunkyJM
07-11-16, 05:53 AM
Wauwie all. We are going fast with the tiny umbrellas for the community prizes :D Great to see.
Good luck all. Hope you all get the *hippie* turtle ;)

FunkyJM
07-11-16, 05:59 AM
I've completed 38 deliveries and received 1 gold cowbell, 10 silver, and 27 bronze. I'm on Stage 8 of the Tiki Hut. The only way I've been able to complete truck deliveries and upgrade the hut is through purchases from the newspaper and other players. I don't have multiple farms, this one is it. Drops from plane deliveries have been very erratic, sometimes I'll get 3 items (for example a map, tool, and Tiki flowers) but most of the time no goodies at all. And having to supply 58 biscuits to fulfill a truck order is frustrating! However, I really appreciate the advance information about what the next truck delivery will be, so I can start making the items in advance. Thank you, Storm 8, it helps a lot! Please, please, please do something about the lack of gold cowbells for truck deliveries.

Hi Windhamhills,
There is a topic about the truck. Please see: http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?92267-The-Farmers-Market-Jun-16-2016-(iOS)/page33
Don't give up :) Still a few days to go. And those, who finished, are selling their upgrade parts so hopefully more will be there to buy.

FunkyJM
07-11-16, 06:04 AM
For past 3 days sitting on hut lv 4 upgrade and then had to use 9gems to upgrade to 5!

Hardly any mask, tumblers guys!

About to give up this event too

I'm sorry to read you are still on level 5 of your Tiki Hut and had to use gems to upgrade. Check the newspaper often for upgrade parts. I do see them often.
Yummy_bistro <- feel free to add me and I will try to help you out :)

FunkyJM
07-11-16, 06:11 AM
Nah, I haven't unlocked the sushi stage yet :P
But I heard not so good reviews about the coined tiki heads? I have no problem finding parts from my neighbours or in newspaper, only tumblers are so scarce, I need 5 more to level up.

Hi Mearro,

I have also bought a few coin Tiki Heads since I wasn't able to collect tiny umbrellas while working. It can give you 2, 4, 6, 8, 10 or 14 tiny umbrellas beside the upgrade parts. If u have the fs2 money, it's worth it to get the turtle.
The gem Tiki Heads I haven't bought. And if I would, I would keep it as a decoration on my farm ;)

Rynetory2
07-11-16, 07:02 AM
FYI - You get the gem tiki head for downloading and playing Dream City. Check your farm goal list to see if you have this goal. ;-)

FunkyJM
07-11-16, 07:28 AM
FYI - You get the gem tiki head for downloading and playing Dream City. Check your farm goal list to see if you have this goal. ;-)

Oh, I don't have it in my goal list. Maybe not available in The Netherlands? :-/
Btw: I don't even see my Rewards

syncler78
07-11-16, 07:33 AM
Hi Mearro,

I have also bought a few coin Tiki Heads since I wasn't able to collect tiny umbrellas while working. It can give you 2, 4, 6, 8, 10 or 14 tiny umbrellas beside the upgrade parts. If u have the fs2 money, it's worth it to get the turtle.
The gem Tiki Heads I haven't bought. And if I would, I would keep it as a decoration on my farm ;)

This is what I did. I bought two deluxe tiki heads when they were on sale for 15 gems each to decorate my farm. Otherwise, I get the coin tiki heads to supplement my umbrella collecting. I really want that turtle!

mearro
07-11-16, 09:32 AM
Wauwie all. We are going fast with the tiny umbrellas for the community prizes :D Great to see.
Good luck all. Hope you all get the *hippie* turtle ;)

Holy cow! HOW?! Last night it was around 75M and this morning 2nd prize was achieved and now almost 3rd prize too. I'm surprised cause it took like 9-10 days for the 1st prize, oh wow xD

About the coin tiki head, I tried once, on the very first day of the event, it gave me 14 tiny umbrellas but since I'm scarce with coins I can't afford them that much T-T I'm lvl 12 with my tiki hut, maybe I will upgrade further if I manage to buy from my neighbours and newspaper :D

bss0226
07-11-16, 09:48 AM

You are correct that it is a gem tiki head, but it is not the king tiki head. I believe the goal which only says a prize until you've played dream city is 2 gem tiki heads. These are the ones that get used once. I used one got a large quantity of umbrellas (greater than the max 14 with the cash tiki heads) and put the other out as decoration.

The prize of the 2 tiki heads doesn't show until it asks you to buy a decoration

FunkyJM
07-11-16, 10:13 AM
You are correct that it is a gem tiki head, but it is not the king tiki head. I believe the goal which only says a prize until you've played dream city is 2 gem tiki heads. These are the ones that get used once. I used one got a large quantity of umbrellas (greater than the max 14 with the cash tiki heads) and put the other out as decoration.

The prize of the 2 tiki heads doesn't show until it asks you to buy a decoration

I just played Dream City and reached level 5. I got 7gems, like I usually get when playing one of the downloads and reaching the goal. So I guess it's not for The Netherlands :-/ , hehe.

mearro
07-11-16, 10:16 AM

Woohoo, got it! Thanks for letting us know!

SallyCat60
07-11-16, 03:12 PM
I have not been able to upgrade my tiki hut for 3 days now. Deliveries are holding back on tumblers. And the newspaper is not showing them either. I get all the other upgrade items. I know another player having the same problem. I really hope we could all start getting better results soon. Good luck.

Having the exact same problem. I haven't seen a tumbler drop or for sale for a few days now and earned about 3 masks in as much time. I finally reached level 11 and most of those upgrade parts were from the newspaper. I swear the further you get, the harder it gets as there's been zero for sale since.

spring_peeper
07-11-16, 03:18 PM
Having the exact same problem. I haven't seen a tumbler drop or for sale for a few days now and earned about 3 masks in as much time. I finally reached level 11 and most of those upgrade parts were from the newspaper. I swear the further you get, the harder it gets as there's been zero for sale since.

Oh they are called tumblers! Makes sense now that I look at them lol. Glad to hear I'm not the only one having the same issue.

HINT HINT TL.

SallyCat60
07-11-16, 03:34 PM
Oh they are called tumblers! Makes sense now that I look at them lol. Glad to hear I'm not the only one having the same issue.

HINT HINT TL.

I will be disappointed if I don't reach the end. Like others, I've worked really hard,and spent an awful lot of time sending deliveries, searching the community and newspaper and I've spent thousands of coins buying tiki heads which often prove to be a waste of money. Even the prize ones for downloading dream city didn't help much. The further you get, the harder it gets so I will be amazed if I actually get the turtle. :(

mearro
07-11-16, 04:48 PM
I used the tiki head but it didn't add the tiny umbrellas to my total number and after refreshing, the tiki head is gone but still nothing added :mad:

yummy_bistro
07-11-16, 06:44 PM
I'm sorry to read you are still on level 5 of your Tiki Hut and had to use gems to upgrade. Check the newspaper often for upgrade parts. I do see them often.
Yummy_bistro <- feel free to add me and I will try to help you out :)

thx FunkyJm

Pls check PM:)

lydiahin
07-11-16, 08:12 PM
thx FunkyJm

Pls check PM:)

Still only on level 5 as well, have not received any upgrade parts in days. I have not had any mask and still need 5 more, this event is frustrating, you obviously have to spend plenty in order to get the little turtle, it is not worth it to me!

yummy_bistro
07-11-16, 08:56 PM
just coins from deliveries
or flowers or dolls -_-

I sold 30 of them

LadyFencer
07-11-16, 09:10 PM
Sitting on Level 6 still. I need a few more tumblers to make 7, but getting nearly diddley squat with deliveries. Sending deliveries has become even more difficult because now not only are they supposed to be flower vases and arrangements (hello rubies from mining? Kinda need them.) and all the items from the smokehouse, which I cannot get because I cannot complete many of those deliveries and the ones I do don't give gold, but now I've leveled up and am supposed to buy the ice cream maker. I would have had 250,000 to do that, but I bought the dang peach trees for 200,000.

Not. Fun. Any. More. None.

SallyCat60
07-11-16, 10:03 PM
Sitting on Level 6 still. I need a few more tumblers to make 7, but getting nearly diddley squat with deliveries. Sending deliveries has become even more difficult because now not only are they supposed to be flower vases and arrangements (hello rubies from mining? Kinda need them.) and all the items from the smokehouse, which I cannot get because I cannot complete many of those deliveries and the ones I do don't give gold, but now I've leveled up and am supposed to buy the ice cream maker. I would have had 250,000 to do that, but I bought the dang peach trees for 200,000.

Not. Fun. Any. More. None.

I'm on level 11 and that was mostly by lucky finds in the newspaper and community farms but tbh, I've had nothing from deliveries to get me anywhere near level 12, let alone 15. I currently have around 1600 umbrellas and with such lack of upgrade drops, mathematically working out the possibility of getting 4,200 on my current level seems impossible. I too am having to fill very hard orders; vases, things that need ingredients from buildings I don't have such as the sushi shop and the smokehouse (not a single gold bell from truck deliveries as yet). Sure we can shop around and buy stuff like these but they are selling for extremely high prices. So I decided to step away from the panic for the turtle and save as many of my coins as possible as I now have enough papers to open the Well. I can't see how ppl who are still on a low level will ever get near the turtle if it's not looking good for those of us on a higher level, but all I can say is keep trying, keep checking for parts as those lucky ppl who are already finishing start selling and save up lots of gems as I am sure we will be able to buy him for gems after the event.

mearro
07-12-16, 01:26 AM
I lost parts and umbrellas twice already, once upgraded but it did not save and of course all parts GONE. Now I used the tiki head and no umbrellas were added. It's really frustrating as it is. Good luck to everyone, I'm honestly even scared to get anything now worrying it will be gone in a sec...

yummy_bistro
07-12-16, 01:29 AM
I don't want anymore flowers, dolls!!!

I start to lose interest in all S8 games with an impossible task to finish

LadyFencer
07-12-16, 02:56 AM
Thanks SallyCat60! That's actually what I'm doing. A year or so ago I decided not to stress over completing events like this. I honestly don't care if I finish or not. It's a game. It should not take over my life or stress me out. I know what S8 is up to, and I'm not playing their way. I'm good with just daily tasks and long-term goals, or I was until the smokehouse one. That's as bad as these events. Worse in a way as it drags on forever. It's a shame since FS2 used to be fun.

dizzle507
07-12-16, 04:48 AM
I don't want anymore flowers, dolls!!!

I start to lose interest in all S8 games with an impossible task to finish

I'm on level 8, not mathematically possibly to win the prize. Seems like I have sent about 1000+ deliveries but the drop rates are terrible. Here is how unbalanced it is. I have 43 flowers, 6 of mask and 5 of the other......annoyed:mad: 3227732277

spring_peeper
07-12-16, 05:03 AM
Not surprised, this is how TL rolls.

I don't even know why they have feedback on events. They just keep making it impossible to get prizes for events like this. Unless of course you spend money.

bakerystoe
07-12-16, 05:12 AM
yay!! Happy Flower 100th Anniversary. We hope you can get your best friends come home with me, Masks and Tumblers! Cheer��

DragonManda
07-12-16, 08:47 AM
Hello, all! I just saw the completed tiki hut at a neighbor's farm. For those who are still hoping to collect enough parts to finish it out, here's what you're working toward...
There are 4 tall bar-style chairs on one side and two reclining lounge chairs on the other side of a long, oval, stone bar/table. Good luck to all still working! (I just saw some tumblers and masks in the newspaper, so don't give up hope)!

Also, for those who may not realize this, you do NOT need to have the tiki hut completed to win the turtle pet. You only need to collect the 4,200 total umbrellas. A few of you who have said that you can't complete the hut are already closer than you think to having the turtle. Just keep collecting the umbrellas from the hut that you have, and you can still get the turtle. There are many days left for the event, and for those who haven't been able to upgrade much yet, check the newspaper, neighbors' shops, and community boards often. That's the fastest way to upgrade. Delete deliveries that are difficult to fill and get new ones. Buy from the newspaper to complete the deliveries if you need to. The way to get ahead in this game is with the help of others. There's also the buy and sell forum where you can find people to help. Plus, add people here in the forums as your neighbors. Storm 8 I.D.s are what we post here with, so that's easy. Then we can all help each other in the game. We're all experiencing the same frustrations, so let's all help each other out. :)

spring_peeper
07-12-16, 10:48 AM
Also, for those who may not realize this, you do NOT need to have the tiki hut completed to win the turtle pet. You only need to collect the 4,200 total umbrellas. A few of you who have said that you can't complete the hut are already closer than you think to having the turtle. Just keep collecting the umbrellas from the hut that you have, and you can still get the turtle. There are many days left for the event, and for those who haven't been able to upgrade much yet, check the newspaper, neighbors' shops, and community boards often. That's the fastest way to upgrade. Delete deliveries that are difficult to fill and get new ones. Buy from the newspaper to complete the deliveries if you need to. The way to get ahead in this game is with the help of others. There's also the buy and sell forum where you can find people to help. Plus, add people here in the forums as your neighbors. Storm 8 I.D.s are what we post here with, so that's easy. Then we can all help each other in the game. We're all experiencing the same frustrations, so let's all help each other out. :)

I think the problem is a lot of us realize we are already mathematically eliminated.

Even if I upgrade today or tomorrow (which will be impossible based in the drop rates) I still will not be able to collect enough umbrellas to win the turtle.

Extremely disappointed in this event. I really thought they turned the corner when they had that spring event that was fair and achievable, even though there was a lot of work to be done.

I don't know much about game design, but when you can tell you have no chance of winning even with 14 days left, something is seriously wrong with the logic the designers of this event are using.

Sorry for sounding like a broken record, but this was the one event that made me irate two years ago. I was looking forward to getting the turtle as a prize this time. Should have known better though, this is the typical "let's make this impossible unless players spend money" event courtesy of Team Lava. Great job!

Edited to add: I stand corrected. I am technically not mathematically eliminated, but from now until the end of the event, I would have to collect 7 times a day. I think I might try my luck at spending some coins on that tiki head to see if I can give myself a boost.

bakerystoe
07-12-16, 08:07 PM
Lol. You need to get the Tiki hut to LVL 10 to able to get the turtle. 4200 is too hard. Now I just stands at 1200. 3000 to in just 14 days? impossible if I still LVL 9. The points we earn depends on the tiki hut.

yummy_bistro
07-12-16, 08:52 PM
Hello, all! I just saw the completed tiki hut at a neighbor's farm. For those who are still hoping to collect enough parts to finish it out, here's what you're working toward...
There are 4 tall bar-style chairs on one side and two reclining lounge chairs on the other side of a long, oval, stone bar/table. Good luck to all still working! (I just saw some tumblers and masks in the newspaper, so don't give up hope)!

thx that is a gd idea, too bad I only have 694 tiny umbrellas lol

spring_peeper
07-13-16, 04:26 AM
I just sent 12 deliveries (which I planned overnight) and received one tiki upgrade part.

Still need 8 more tumblers to upgrade to Stage 9.

kindefarm1890
07-13-16, 03:25 PM
I was hoping that this time I would be able to upgrade to level 15 on Tiki hut but with the low drop rates and so few parts in the newspaper it looks like I will have to stop at level 11 for the third time in a row. It took 4 days just to receive enough masks from deliveries or find in the newspaper just to move from level 10 to level 11. With the high number of parts needed for the remaining levels it would take more days than is left in the event to move to level 15.

This type of event requires way too many upgrade parts to finish. Another post stated that the drop rate is 1 in 5. That would require over 3,500 deliveries assuming that you only receive the parts that you need and since there are so few parts in the newspaper you are especially on your own. TL needs to up the drop rate on the tumblers and especially the masks. I do have to admit that these events seems a lot easier when the farm was at a lower level.

I am going to contact a couple of players that posted here to see if they are still trying for the turtle and need parts. If not I am going to put the extras in the shop, I really need room in the barn.

Some people have mentioned that they want to build a bone fire or stick pins in all the hula dolls that they received. I would like to recommend a more 'doll'umane outcome for the hula dolls. Maybe TL can make the hula doll into a decoration which would look nice next to the tiki hut or tiki stand.

mearro
07-13-16, 04:15 PM
Don't give up yet! Yesterday I barely found any parts but today I found more and more players selling them as they completed the hut (some even got the turtle already and those are high levels, 40-60lvl), so I believe we will see more parts on sale. I was about to stop at stage 11 too but now I'm surprised I might level up soon. Good luck!

kindefarm1890
07-13-16, 04:45 PM
Thanks for the support. I will continue looking for upgrade parts as soon as clear out some space in the barn. I was still going to work to get the turtle just didn't think I would complete the next 4 levels to the hut. I have calculated out that at level 11 with the tiny umbrellas that I already have and the time left I would have the turtle before the event ended. Was just considering possibly helping out other players.

mearro
07-13-16, 04:57 PM
I'm really surprised how quickly we got the 2nd community prize (if I recall well, it was like just 1 day or so) but now it got slow again.

spring_peeper
07-13-16, 05:04 PM
Thanks for the support. I will continue looking for upgrade parts as soon as clear out some space in the barn. I was still going to work to get the turtle just didn't think I would complete the next 4 levels to the hut. I have calculated out that at level 11 with the tiny umbrellas that I already have and the time left I would have the turtle before the event ended. Was just considering possibly helping out other players.

Thanks so much for your help!

SallyCat60
07-14-16, 01:13 AM
Thanks SallyCat60! That's actually what I'm doing. A year or so ago I decided not to stress over completing events like this. I honestly don't care if I finish or not. It's a game. It should not take over my life or stress me out. I know what S8 is up to, and I'm not playing their way. I'm good with just daily tasks and long-term goals, or I was until the smokehouse one. That's as bad as these events. Worse in a way as it drags on forever. It's a shame since FS2 used to be fun.

Yw, LadyFencer. That's exactly what I think - it's just a game! I did, however, open the Well and that's proved a bit of a disappointment too, as so far I've only had 1 apple butter and two items that the butterflies and moles give you! There I was looking forward to luxury items such as gold fish bait, etc, lol. My daughter decided to start playing on her phone in order to try and help me with the upgrade parts but the foolish girl reached the level to open the truck deliveries and is now having to skip a lot of orders asking her for smoked items already! It took her longer to reach level 15 because of this but even now she is there, yep, you guessed it... Smoked items please! Poor girl is frustrated already, lol.

SallyCat60
07-14-16, 02:11 AM
Lol. You need to get the Tiki hut to LVL 10 to able to get the turtle. 4200 is too hard. Now I just stands at 1200. 3000 to in just 14 days? impossible if I still LVL 9. The points we earn depends on the tiki hut.

That's right, Bakerystoe, we have to keep collecting those evasive upgrade parts to try and level up the tiki hut in order to gain more umbrellas per collection as time is running out. For example; unless I level up to 48 umbrellas every 3 hrs, and collect 4 times a day for the next 11 days and 16 hours, I am not looking at winning the turtle. And that's collecting as soon as they pop up. Awkward when you have to go to work or anywhere you can't take your device with you, and of course we have to sleep. Disappointing as I started this event from day 1 and worked pretty hard and spent an awful lot of time/coins on doing so. I know you and others have as well. Frustrating, eh? Lol.

spring_peeper
07-14-16, 05:06 AM
I upgraded to Stage 9 and probably won't get further than that. Well, maybe near the end of the event when it doesn't matter anymore.

I'm focusing on levelling up instead. I could still win the turtle but I will have to try and collect umbrellas 6 times a day. Not sure if I can maintain that schedule with other things to do.

Can someone please explain why the drop rates were so bad for this event? Anyone? Like I mentioned in a previous post, there's inconsistency with these events. Some are planned extremely well where you see decent drop rates. I'm working hard sending deliveries and am not getting rewarded for my efforts. Why is this event so much more difficult? Is it because there was a poll asking what pet everyone wanted to see in an event and Team Lava thought - HA HA HA HA!

I don't expect the prize within the first two days. I have worked harder for this event than any other and have been poorly rewarded. I'm complaining about this event so much because it is so apparent that TL is inconsistent with these events and purposely makes them impossible if they know the prize is something many players want. Sad.

bakerystoe
07-14-16, 09:23 PM
Honestly, the world event is too hard for me. First we need to upgrade the tiki hut to lvl 15. Second we need to come in the right time to collect the umbrellas in the same time. So we need to be super active on these. Last year I upgraded the.castle to max but I can not get the horse because I doping have much time to play. I would prefer some goals events or Prize machine one. I guess I am gonna give up and say good bye to me turtle this year.
I am just in stage 10 and now I just only have 1300. I can't get the turtles unless I collect the hut 6 times a day:(

bakerystoe
07-14-16, 09:27 PM
That's right, Bakerystoe, we have to keep collecting those evasive upgrade parts to try and level up the tiki hut in order to gain more umbrellas per collection as time is running out. For example; unless I level up to 48 umbrellas every 3 hrs, and collect 4 times a day for the next 11 days and 16 hours, I am not looking at winning the turtle. And that's collecting as soon as they pop up. Awkward when you have to go to work or anywhere you can't take your device with you, and of course we have to sleep. Disappointing as I started this event from day 1 and worked pretty hard and spent an awful lot of time/coins on doing so. I know you and others have as well. Frustrating, eh? Lol.
I know right! I also spent lots of coins and time to do this. I ordered more than 450 deliveries that mean A whole bunch of time into this. Plus I need to come in the right time to collect umbrellas and ask more than 50 friends if the had items left. My neighbors are awesome, they upgraded the tiki hit to lvl 15 in just 5 DAYS

yummy_bistro
07-15-16, 12:26 AM
I know right! I also spent lots of coins and time to do this. I ordered more than 450 deliveries that mean A whole bunch of time into this. Plus I need to come in the right time to collect umbrellas and ask more than 50 friends if the had items left. My neighbors are awesome, they upgraded the tiki hit to lvl 15 in just 5 DAYS

5days! It took me 3 days to upgrade 1 lv
LOL

I finally got 1000 umbrellas .....painful to get upgrade parts

spring_peeper
07-15-16, 04:47 AM
The one positive I take away from this event is that it has taught me how to run my farm better. I can craft more efficiently and send more deliveries than I ever have in the past.

Maybe TL can have a special event for 24 hours....you know..... like when you fish or mine you get 2X the product? Maybe they can have a similar event where items for the event actually drop more frequently than one every 10-15 deliveries? Just a random thought.

bakerystoe
07-15-16, 06:39 AM
5days! It took me 3 days to upgrade 1 lv
LOL

I finally got 1000 umbrellas .....painful to get upgrade parts
Lol! Some of my Super fancy friends upgraded it in just... 1 day...:p

bakerystoe
07-15-16, 06:43 AM
The one positive I take away from this event is that it has taught me how to run my farm better. I can craft more efficiently and send more deliveries than I ever have in the past.

Maybe TL can have a special event for 24 hours....you know..... like when you fish or mine you get 2X the product? Maybe they can have a similar event where items for the event actually drop more frequently than one every 10-15 deliveries? Just a random thought.
The purpose of these lovely events is to make the players super active and often get in the game.
P/S: That an awesome idea!I want to have more stuffs when I delivery. Since the drop is just 30%( For me), I want the drop increase up to 31%. Please !!:)

Rynetory2
07-15-16, 08:04 AM
You can leave your suggestions for future events in http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?91349-Feedback-on-Events-and-Goals-(iOS-and-Android).

mearro
07-15-16, 09:43 AM
Lol! Some of my Super fancy friends upgraded it in just... 1 day...:p

Yeah, I remember visiting some farms with fully upgraded hut and some had a turtle very early too, within the first few days of the event

spring_peeper
07-15-16, 10:52 AM
You can leave your suggestions for future events in http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?91349-Feedback-on-Events-and-Goals-(iOS-and-Android).

Thanks, but it's no use. Same ol' song and dance every event. How many times have players complained that drop rates were terrible for past events? Yeah.....just about every one. It is very clear that TL does not care about our suggestions and feedback.

The only suggestion they might take into consideration is if we plead for them to make the next event money-based.

Rynetory2
07-15-16, 11:01 AM
That's to let you guys know there are more relevant threads for suggestions of future events instead of going off topic here. Hint hint. :o

bakerystoe
07-15-16, 09:11 PM
Thanks, but it's no use. Same ol' song and dance every event. How many times have players complained that drop rates were terrible for past events? Yeah.....just about every one. It is very clear that TL does not care about our suggestions and feedback.

The only suggestion they might take into consideration is if we plead for them to make the next event money-based.
That's right. This event make me so frustrated.. Spend time and money into but the result is So Bad. I cannot get the turtle:(

spring_peeper
07-16-16, 05:48 AM
I am one part away from upgrading to Stage 11 of the tiki hut. Whether or not this will give me enough umbrellas to collect the turtle remains to be determined.

I spent way too much time scouring the newspapers and community for these upgrade parts. I wasn't working the past few days so I could do this. In reality, this would be impossible for someone who has a job.

Natasha_07
07-17-16, 08:43 AM
I haven't been playing for 4 days, sorry if this question was already addressed but I checked my game yesterday and I cannot find any tiki heads.

Were these removed ?

judyandthecat
07-17-16, 06:15 PM
I haven't been playing for 4 days, sorry if this question was already addressed but I checked my game yesterday and I cannot find any tiki heads.

Were these removed ?

Do you have more the one farm story 2 app on your device?
I only have the most recent app on my device because in past events some players that had more then one app installed and upon opening a different version app for the game they lost their event items....either way
First force close and reopen to see if they are there
If that does not work then uninstall and reinstall the game
Make sure you know your user name and password
Dragon story has a sign in
Then if they are still missing contact support
Crossing fingers for you.

ethan1brothers
07-17-16, 06:44 PM
was this Ios only?

Rynetory2
07-17-16, 09:20 PM

Were these removed ?

The tiki heads are under the Crops tab in Market.

Rynetory2
07-17-16, 09:20 PM
was this Ios only?

Yes.

SallyCat60
07-18-16, 01:22 AM
Yeah, I remember visiting some farms with fully upgraded hut and some had a turtle very early too, within the first few days of the event

That could only have been done by using [] a lot of gems to speed up tiki hut collection time. Even if they reached level 15 in the first day they'd be getting 60 umbrellas every 3 hours, so that's 480 umbrellas a day. Unless they're using hundreds of gems or buying thousands of coins worth of tiki heads to supplement collection, getting enough umbrellas to claim the turtle would have taken about 9 days of solid playing 24 hours a day wouldn't it? The only other explanation is that they already had a turtle from a past event, maybe. Don't mind me, I'm just jealous and trying incredibly hard to keep up! Lol

Apologies, I didn't think that was swear word. In the UK it simply means a high amount

Yap I understood your meaning but some words can be a bit sensitive and even offensive to some, so that's why it isn't allowed on this forum. Best to avoid since it's a global community here. :o Cheers Rynetory2

SallyCat60
07-18-16, 01:39 AM
The purpose of these lovely events is to make the players super active and often get in the game.
P/S: That an awesome idea!I want to have more stuffs when I delivery. Since the drop is just 30%( For me), I want the drop increase up to 31%. Please !!:)

Erm... How about 50%? Lol!

mearro
07-18-16, 05:13 AM
That could only have been done by using [] a lot of gems to speed up tiki hut collection time. Even if they reached level 15 in the first day they'd be getting 60 umbrellas every 3 hours, so that's 480 umbrellas a day. Unless they're using hundreds of gems or buying thousands of coins worth of tiki heads to supplement collection, getting enough umbrellas to claim the turtle would have taken about 9 days of solid playing 24 hours a day wouldn't it? The only other explanation is that they already had a turtle from a past event, maybe. Don't mind me, I'm just jealous and trying incredibly hard to keep up! Lol

Ah, maybe it was the turtle from previous events then but it looks exactly like the one now. I assume they definitely used lots of gems, I can't afford that, I'm trying my best to not invest real money, and I wish I could play the game non-stop but I got work and other commitments TT-TT

Good luck to everyone, I'm back searching the newspaper and for the past few days I have seen slight increase in parts being sold as more players have finished the hut. If we can't get the turtle, we can still complete the hut, that's still something ^^

SallyCat60
07-19-16, 08:58 AM
Ah, maybe it was the turtle from previous events then but it looks exactly like the one now. I assume they definitely used lots of gems, I can't afford that, I'm trying my best to not invest real money, and I wish I could play the game non-stop but I got work and other commitments TT-TT

Good luck to everyone, I'm back searching the newspaper and for the past few days I have seen slight increase in parts being sold as more players have finished the hut. If we can't get the turtle, we can still complete the hut, that's still something ^^

There's been a lot of masks and flowers coming up in the newspaper and I only need tiki tumblers to upgrade once more (I'm not going to make level 15, that's for sure) but I need 22 of them, I think and they're very hard to find. I've only had one tumbler drop from deliveries in the past three days, mostly dolls which make me grumble every time they appear, lol. However, at my current level, if I keep collecting on time during the times I am not working or sleeping, I may just make the turtle. I've been saving gems up for the end of the event to speed up collection time if I need to by doing as much of the train as possible, collecting the free gifts by watching videos and playing that awful Metro City game, lol.

spring_peeper
07-19-16, 12:33 PM
There's been a lot of masks and flowers coming up in the newspaper and I only need tiki tumblers to upgrade once more (I'm not going to make level 15, that's for sure) but I need 22 of them, I think and they're very hard to find. I've only had one tumbler drop from deliveries in the past three days, mostly dolls which make me grumble every time they appear, lol. However, at my current level, if I keep collecting on time during the times I am not working or sleeping, I may just make the turtle. I've been saving gems up for the end of the event to speed up collection time if I need to by doing as much of the train as possible, collecting the free gifts by watching videos and playing that awful Metro City game, lol.

I *should* be able to get the turtle too.

This has to be one of the poorest events I've participated in. I shall leave my comments over in the suggestion and feedback thread (even though we all know they will be ignored.)

mearro
07-19-16, 01:22 PM

I used to have the same, tumblers were scarce but ironically now I can only find them but nowhere masks! T-T Just need 9 for next level.

bakerystoe
07-20-16, 04:36 AM
I am giving up on getting the turTle. Too busy and I can not upgrade to lvl 15

SallyCat60
07-21-16, 03:31 AM
I am giving up on getting the turTle. Too busy and I can not upgrade to lvl 15

Thats a shame, you've worked so hard, but I agreed this event has been incredibly time consuming and it feels like it's been going on forever. Lets hope the turtle will be available for gems after the event, so save, save save, lol. I'm not even going to attemp another upgrade and as we are neighbours, keep watching my shop for spares :)

SallyCat60
07-21-16, 03:33 AM
I used to have the same, tumblers were scarce but ironically now I can only find them but nowhere masks! T-T Just need 9 for next level.

I managed a few lucky finds in the newspaper to allow me to level up one more time so I'm hoping I will reach the turtle eventually. Watch the newspaper as much as you can and 'go a hunting' around community farms. That helped me. :)

SallyCat60
07-21-16, 03:42 AM
I *should* be able to get the turtle too.

This has to be one of the poorest events I've participated in. I shall leave my comments over in the suggestion and feedback thread (even though we all know they will be ignored.)

Good luck I hope you do get him, we've all had a tough and frustrating time with this event. Its kind of put me off attempting any future events so let's hope all our comments are noted and any more will be simpler and more fun. [] Lol. I love FS2 so shan't stop playing but I might skip an event if it looks to hard (much the same as the truck deliveries, lol)

tuffyjkitten
07-22-16, 10:31 AM
Probably no turtle for me. :( I've only collected 400 umbrellas in the last 2 days. Only got 3 upgrade parts from deliveries yesterday.

WINDHAMHILLS
07-23-16, 10:43 AM
I've been participating in this event from the beginning and have not received any gold cowbells except for the very first one at the beginning of the event. I'm at Tiki Hut stage 13 and while I would love to win the turtle, it is doubtful there's enough time left to earn the mini umbrellas needed to complete the task. At least the brass cowbells help with growing/making items more quickly.

Oneyellowlab
07-23-16, 01:34 PM
I was pleasantly surprised to see that once I had completed the event that I'm still receiving upgrade parts from deliveries. In past events once you completed it they stopped the upgrade parts which was unfortunate and made it very hard to find the parts in the newspaper....so thanks Storm8 for restoring this element of the event! I'm selling off my parts when ever I get them and I'm noticing lots in the paper. Good luck to everyone still working on their turtle, and have fun!

cella1991
07-24-16, 03:28 PM
Got My Turtle. I Can Finally Rest

ragingray
07-24-16, 07:09 PM
24 hours left to go for me, LOL, i gave up 5 days ago, just too much frustration for a game, got to level 11 hut, and thats all i will bother with, i would have been happy to keep trying but the micro management for inventory space was not feasable(Really i want to use harsher language but i know it will get edited, use your imagination for what i really ment)
i would prefer 5 extra levels with the same number of parts for the whole event, than requiring so many parts for level 12 and higher.
the drop rate added to the frustration, and quite frankly i do not care any more.
For future events like this i will participate in the event, but once the requirements get to high/take up too much inventory space, i will stop building and sell parts. Sorry but it's taken me 25 days just to get 7 paints(Still need 2 more to upgrade), way to hard to expand the barn. ie i just did another upgrade when this event started.
But considering this game has NO story line quest/event like say Castle story, these so called special events are the only change from the boring grind of "TRYING" to upgrade the farm, and when the events are not worth participating in for everyone in a "community event", you figure what that makes the game rate at.

ktwhoopi
07-25-16, 01:38 AM
Going to cost me AU$16 to buy 600 umbrellas to get the turtle!! But I'm gonna do it!! 😂

spring_peeper
07-25-16, 05:20 AM
Going to cost me AU$16 to buy 600 umbrellas to get the turtle!! But I'm gonna do it!! 

I think a lot of players would have had to resort to paying actual money to get the prize. It was just that difficult to get upgrade parts due to the drop rates.

LadyFencer
07-25-16, 06:26 PM
I made it to level 9. Couldn't get many items from deliveries and found little in the newspaper. I also had to dump a bunch of deliveries every day because it wanted smokehouse or ice cream shop stuff. Don't have either of those, and it will be awhile before I can get them. I ended up with about 3100 umbrellas, but I don't care. When I knew this morning that I couldn't get the parts to upgrade and hit 4200, I just sold off parts so others who were closer could keep going. Doesn't bother me to not have the prize. I have plenty of critters to feed and two turtles. I do wish I could get rid of the hut though. I don't want it taking up space.

yummy_bistro
07-25-16, 07:10 PM
I bought parts through newstand and upgraded hut to stage 13, got my community prize but no turtle.

It was the best I can manage lol now can rest

syncler78
07-25-16, 07:22 PM
I do wish I could get rid of the hut though. I don't want it taking up space.

Usually a day or two after an event you can then store any event items like the tiki hut. Craft buildings like the flower shop are an exception.

LadyFencer
07-26-16, 03:09 AM
Usually a day or two after an event you can then store any event items like the tiki hut. Craft buildings like the flower shop are an exception.

I figured that would be the case, and it was. The hut is now with the other useless stuff in the cellar.