PDA

View Full Version : What are some "useful" event items?

laughingpaperfox
06-27-16, 08:12 AM
I must confess, I used a number of gems this last event.
And the event before.

Why?

For some ridiculous "coliseum" that just drops a few coins?
Urrrggg.
I have to say, the last few events have had really poor rewards. The most recent one being glaringly obvious that I should have just skipped the entire event.

A tree that drops 30 coins?
A deer that has a 24 hour cooldown and drops coins?!
These flowers are still dropping the quest items but they aren't used in anything. (Forest nectar, Forest blooms, Forest Extract)

Can we just.. stop this nonsense? Make the reward worth the effort please.

Here's a small list of things that I'm proud to own and glad I spent the gems/time/effort getting:

-Hive tree (drops faerie murmurs)
-Grape Press (drops water and petals and only costs a single tile)
-Summer Gazebo (Drops noodles, lemonade)

And the other stuff?
The bunny event?
Nothing.
The luck event?
Eh. I put mine in storage.

Can anyone else name a few useful event items?

NorthWoodsKingdom
06-27-16, 09:18 AM
I actually like the Colosseum...fully upgraded it drops monster stuff. And since I usually keep a parked beast, they come in handy for me. But I'm unsure why it drops troll clubs but not sentry horns and it's never dropped boar tusks or pelts (hello, a boar IS a monster, lol) :confused:

Others?
Here are a few off the top of my head, may return later with more, lol:
*Cauldron from H'ween Community Event
*Spooky Tree from H'ween Community Event
*Cownt Dracula from H'ween Community Event
*Royal Naga from recent Beast Community Event (his drops aren't used for anything yet but I like the coral and I'm a fan of purple & he looks cool, lol)
*Sir Hamlet (Storybook Event)
*Horse Track from Equestrian Community Event
*Vineyard from Beatrice Pfefferknot's Bday Community Event
*Flare, Bijou & Matrix dragons from Dragon Event (real name is escaping me, lol)
*Treasure Troves from same Dragon Event
*Rainbow Pots from St. Patty Event (2014?)

dragoniakingdom
06-27-16, 09:38 AM
I must confess, I used a number of gems this last event.
And the event before.

Why?

For some ridiculous "coliseum" that just drops a few coins?
Urrrggg.
I have to say, the last few events have had really poor rewards. The most recent one being glaringly obvious that I should have just skipped the entire event.

A tree that drops 30 coins?
A deer that has a 24 hour cooldown and drops coins?!
These flowers are still dropping the quest items but they aren't used in anything. (Forest nectar, Forest blooms, Forest Extract)

Can we just.. stop this nonsense? Make the reward worth the effort please.

Here's a small list of things that I'm proud to own and glad I spent the gems/time/effort getting:

-Hive tree (drops faerie murmurs)
-Grape Press (drops water and petals and only costs a single tile)
-Summer Gazebo (Drops noodles, lemonade)

And the other stuff?
The bunny event?
Nothing.
The luck event?
Eh. I put mine in storage.

Can anyone else name a few useful event items?

From the Easter event the Glimmeregg bunny drops wool & eggs & has a short 30min collection timer.

Glimmerbat habitat drops fruit.

Just a couple that came to mind.

PrincessCupOButter
06-27-16, 10:33 AM
All of the above. Plus:

The bountiful table and the mystery table (sorry can't remember the event names, but they were fall/thanksgiving events) they each drop one completed feast every two days. Well worth the long timer.

Pink alicorn. Daily drops of random amounts of energy.

Lucky workshop fron the lucky event. (Yes, lots of the drops are duds, but there's a chance of gold items or energy.)

The food shelter. It actually drops chocolate, rarely, but still!

I love the coliseum too. Monster drops are nice and the timer is pretty short. (Agree wit NW, it needs the boar drops and sentry horns)

I bought my harvest pergola with gems after the fact, but from what I understand, it was an event reward too. It drops food items.

Steffihilson
06-27-16, 04:48 PM
I also love my colosseum and monster stable! After I do the trades, I max out on fur and rat tails in two days tops.
The food shelter is also great, as it gives various food items. For me it's often hot sauce, so I'm more than happy.
Bunny from the glimmeregg event gives wool every 30min, which is great for me, as I only have two sheep.
And the glimmer fountain has some nice drops too.

I only started playing less than a year ago, so unfortunately I missed on a lot of great prizes, but those are the ones I have and I really like them :)

sweethutch
06-28-16, 01:20 AM
Sorry to be a party pooper but I have to agree with Laughingpaperfox. I have only collected from my coliseum twice and I NEVER collect from my 2 petting zoos! Both were event prizes that I spent a hefty amount of gems on and have been deeply disappointed in their drops. I was optimistic that the new Stag would be a more "rewarding" prize so I again used quite a few gems (at least 125+) to complete this event. I'm really hoping the Stag produces more useful drops otherwise I will definitely be hesitant to spend any gems on future events. I'm quite disappointed lately. :(

riverly
06-28-16, 06:31 AM
I also like the coliseum. It drops fur, rat tails , troll clubs.... I never miss collecting from banquet tables. I am disappointed in the fairy pond. Lately it has just dropped water and fish. But I still collect hoping for a fairy jar. And the fairy huts do drop large coin amounts, but no fairy jars.

dipwid
06-28-16, 11:33 AM
Chartreux, frenchie, Lorelei's fountain(mermaid scales, chance for troll tokens during monster hunts), lucky cauldron, and horse track.

Gaillock
06-28-16, 03:40 PM
How many levels until colosseum is fully upgraded? I'm at level 8 & all I get is 1 xp drop. To upgrade again it calls for more mason hammers and chisels. I used to get them from the colosseum drops. Where can I find them now? I only have 12 chisels and 20 hammers out of the necessary 24. Thanks.

moonchild1987
06-28-16, 10:20 PM
The cherry and forest tree only dropping 1 wood is very insignificant when you think about all the energy/time put into those events. I wish the thistle/dahlia/bloom would be somewhat useful after the event. They should drop a random petal or two each collection or something along those lines. Some of the other event items I like having around. Coliseum/monster stables-usually maxed on bones/rat tails/fur but I still collect just to get the clubs. Would have liked some horns and tusks to be added to the drops. I collect from my glimmeregg bunny a lot. Royal Naga- coral deco...enough said. Food shelter/mystery dinner table- who doesn't like free food. Ivy's petting zoo x2- usually maxed on water and wheat but I also get seeds and fertilizer which I use a lot of. Fire and Ice lilies- didn't find much use for them up until the current event. When we had to collect all those white petal, I crafted lots of orange dye, the fire lilies helped keep my yellow petal stock up. The most useful event item I have received is the apple trough from the Sir Hamlet event. I have yet to get an apple tree from adventuring (have 4 lemons and an orange) and never purchased one. I get plenty of apples from the trough and they occasional one from the glimmerbat habitat. Plus it sometimes gives a golden apple.

dipwid
06-29-16, 05:00 AM
The event is over, so chisels and hammers no longer drop. The coliseum can be upgraded to level 10 with gems. It does have some useful drops.

laughingpaperfox
07-03-16, 08:12 AM
My deer just dropped an earth wisp, so kinda useful?
Looks like it drops wood, living wood, and earth wisps. Wish it had a better cooldown, but not bad for something that only costs one tile.

laughingpaperfox
03-13-17, 06:10 PM
Hope no one minds a revisit. The bride and groom swans are great. I think they drop a roast chicken every time! Certainly worth the effort!
The food shelter is pretty good, though I prefer Ivy's bakery. Having both keeps my kingdom well stocked.
The saytr is nice. Can always use more wool.
As a matter of fact, all of the items from this last event are pretty nice. The wisdom stones and mother tree are a great bonus that don't cost materials like towers do.
(I really love the overgrown fountain too even though it's not relevant to the topic...)

rulerofjennyville
03-14-17, 03:33 AM
I started a thread on the lucky workshop and I've gotten some good things off it. Gold apple, gold egg, golden throne and chalice. Though these are rare drops. I like the bunny from Easter - it gives eggs so it stays out. It gives the same drops as those swans. What else? Let's see, the yeti gives off gems which I need for swords. I liked the summer gazebo, the vineyard cat, dog and house, I found the stargazer ridge (or whatever you call it) useless and the fairy workshop - I don't need more decor. The wedding chapel only gives off coins so it's in storage. Same with the ice castle. Sir Hammy is useful. Petting Zoo was pretty useless. What irritates me now is we've now had three competitions where I wasn't able to get anything. That's never happened before. They're getting too greedy.

PurpleScorpion76
03-14-17, 01:29 PM
The pink ghost from Halloween. Earth Wisps. Also the Haunted Keep or whatever it's called for going on adventures.