PDA

View Full Version : Castle Story: 6/16 Update - Essence of the Forest Event | EXPIRED

Pages : 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7

meme1098
06-20-16, 07:16 PM
Hi, Anyone having trouble with the new Story Goal "Essence of the Forest"? I have been trying to grow the sapling into a tree for 4 days and I can't move foreward until I do all my Time is wasting away? Anyone help please? Thanks

You need to upgrade the tree, not water it.

gilachaya
06-20-16, 07:20 PM
I'm disappointed by the drops from the stag and my fully leveled up trees. I hope it drops something else besides wood! They are pretty but that's not much of a benefit from such an intensive quest.

carove
06-20-16, 07:24 PM
at Chapter 5...
- 3 Slay Forest Raccoons - i have paid 50 gems
- to find 4 Find more Forest spirits i have grown willow trees, crab apple trees and Aspen as suggested. chopped down most of them. not one spirit!
for a game not planned after Level 50, maintained thru events & goals, having to spend so much money and effort seems not logical.
i have relogged and restarted the game several times. still the same... ill try a bit more until all the trees are chopped down and quit the game for
good... what shame!

I had this issue until I realised I had a troll parked. Make sure you don't have a monster on board.

riverly
06-20-16, 07:24 PM
Is everyone crafting their petal potions in advance? If you are going to try to do the fourth side challenge, you need to craft (or have crafted???) 8 petal potions. If we wait, we are losing valuable crafting time that I think we will need later on....but it may be that the ones we have already crafted count. Does anyone know? Thanks for the help.i think you are right I should have made some petal potions today- I think around 7 or 8 for upgrades to the tree in the future. I think I have lost some valuable crafting time.

I don't have any in my inventory and I can't remember when I used them all.

SpiritWind00
06-20-16, 07:40 PM
Lots of questions asked of me to check.... No problem! Done! ;)

To recap, I've asked about side goal purpose, neighbour requests, trade tickets, 2nd tree, workshop and raccoon post event and given some positive feedback too. ;)

... [removed bit]
One feedback spiritwind, I know they won't change it this quest but asking for more than 20 on a quest like this shouldn't be. I know they want to make them challenging I'm all for it but if they have to ask for that many it should be at the end of the chapter not the beginning. If there was no forum there would be no way of completing this without gems. Not given the time constraints and the energy intensive clicking.

I forgot I had also asked about this too! :)

Ok, here we go:

[Feedback sent to Devs means it won't change for this event.]

1. Side Goals: confirmed no rewards and no need to do them if you don't want to. These side Goals are just to guide you through the event.
[Feedback sent to Dev's about no rewards]

2. The Forest Workshop and Racoons post event: The workshop will turn into a decoration after the event. The Forest Wood and Forest Raccoons are only for this event.

3. Can we keep the 2nd tree if we have one? Yes, you can keep the second tree.

4. 25 neighbour requests... I asked for an increase in the response rate.
[Feedback shared with Dev's]

5. 40 trade tickets

hkcorrigan
06-20-16, 07:44 PM
I think you win the patience award, SpiritWind. Thank you for all you do. ��

kdgulle
06-20-16, 07:49 PM

Ok, here we go:

1. Side Goals: confirmed no rewards and no need to do them if you don't want to. These side Goals are just to guide you through the event.

2. The Forest Workshop and Racoons post event: The workshop will turn into a decoration after the event. The Forest Wood and Forest Raccoons are only for this event.

5. 40 trade tickets

Thanks, seems like a whole lot of work just for decorations. Maybe you can ask them to have the stag to drop energy or something for the intense of a quest. Ok I'm done thanks again spiritwind for all you do.

carove
06-20-16, 07:57 PM
You have to click on a level 2 tree after upgrading it. You might have to click on it more than once.

Mine didn't work until I collected from tree then moved on no problem.

carove
06-20-16, 08:08 PM
How do I manage to get 40 trade tickets in time to finish.

PrincessCupOButter
06-20-16, 08:18 PM
Update on collections:

30 forest spirits from defeating 53 raccoons
31 forest wood after chopping 33 trees (some give two, some give none, most give one)

riverly
06-20-16, 08:32 PM
I am having serious problems due to lack of energy. I've just been able to play about 3 times a day, run out of energy then I'm just stuck. I'll just try to do one step at a time and see what happens. I can't believeve the workshop turns into deco after this event and the drops from the tree so far have been............. (Worthless).

Does the stag have drops or just deco too?
Never mind I just found the answer.

kdgulle
06-20-16, 08:37 PM
How do I manage to get 40 trade tickets in time to finish.

I'm not sure really, if you don't have most of them now, it's going to be hard to get 40 permits along with all the other things you need to collect. Milk and egg trades are your best bet though.

mikepastry
06-20-16, 09:01 PM
Does anyone have a print-screen of Chapter 9 Goal 2, Trade with the Baron? Thanks

yummy_bistro
06-20-16, 09:04 PM
it seems really need alot of longswords throughout this event

with only 1 magic forge it is pretty hard
I have no where to put anything new, was waiting to upgrade to sabrina's song quest but not enough RP

Can't build as not enough land lol hence no RP

undead30k
06-20-16, 09:20 PM
It may be cheaper to just gem skip 9.1 and 9.2 for 20 gems each. Rather than gem skip the goal a day early for twice as many gems. Once you complete the first 2 parts of 9, you will still have 2 days to get 40 forest blooms

EBJW
06-20-16, 09:25 PM
40 trade tickets.....?!?!

:( ... :( ... :(

Unbelievable...

ClaireEdwolf
06-20-16, 09:37 PM
I completely forgot about the Dire Boar I had left at the corner of the screen earlier, and I had also turned the music off since forever... Anyway today I defeated 2 raccoons but the goal "find more forest spirits" still sit there because I got no spirits after slaying raccoons at all! Anyone else has the same problem as me?

riverly
06-20-16, 09:40 PM
I saw it posted that we will need 30 forest spirits. Does anyone know how many forest wood we will need ? 40 trade tickets is madness. I'm having second thoughts about this quest.

riverly
06-20-16, 09:45 PM
I completely forgot about the Dire Boar I had left at the corner of the screen earlier, and I had also turned the music off since forever... Anyway today I defeated 2 raccoons but the goal "find more forest spirits" still sit there because I got no spirits after slaying raccoons at all! Anyone else has the same problem as me?spirits don't drop during some battles. It's just kind of wasted energy sometimes. Another s8 randomness.

RevdKathy
06-20-16, 10:57 PM
I definitely don't get the energy back from ****ing raccoons. That's part of what's making this so difficult. And my spirits are running at about one to every three or four raccoons. Maybe they just hate me.

DrP4ever
06-20-16, 11:52 PM
There is no way to finish this with needing 40 trade tickets. Been working on expansions forever and still not fully expanded and I started playing way back in the beginning stages. Why aren't these events reasonable and fun any more??

RevdKathy
06-21-16, 12:02 AM
How many times do I have to visit Thomas to get the thistle? I went straight there when the game day changed and didn't get it. It didn't record in the story book that I'd been, either. Now I have to wait 2 hours :(

pongkay
06-21-16, 12:07 AM
How many times do I have to visit Thomas to get the thistle? I went straight there when the game day changed and didn't get it. It didn't record in the story book that I'd been, either. Now I have to wait 2 hours :(
Same here

paisdelasmaravillas
06-21-16, 12:12 AM

Close and restart. It works for me

casadelaqueens
06-21-16, 12:13 AM
I had to force close the game and restart to get the thistle... But only after I wasted 8 gems speeding time up to try to collect again. Frustrated. But got it when I restarted...

pongkay
Same here

Ok. Got it now!

preinsko
I sped up to the next drop then nothing finally reset the iPad and then it registered. The first task out of the shoot requires me to stay up all night so I can collect three times @ 2 hours per collection. I have just about had it with this game. Why are there no instructions on how to do the individual tasks? After you get the thistle you place it on the game board and then hope to collect the extract. I don't trust that it will drop as advertised!

preinsko
06-21-16, 12:21 AM
There is no way to finish this with needing 40 trade tickets. Been working on expansions forever and still not fully expanded and I started playing way back in the beginning stages. Why aren't these events reasonable and fun any more??
To get 40 trade tickets requires 80 hours non stop playing that is like 2 full time jobs BTW I already work 40 hours a week at a regular job. Something is really wrong with this event, I stopped playing these kinds of events in dragon story because they cost too much in gems. Looks like I am done with this game too!

StoryPlayer67
06-21-16, 12:24 AM
Where do you get the forest thistle do you have to have the quest finish first. I am lost in this one. No directions and what to do. At first it was easy but 75 additional quest. That is crazy. Now I'm stuck do not know how or where to go for forest thistle. Any one found any ?

kittygrad
06-21-16, 12:25 AM
Thanks a lot for your geplay. Forgot about this Board. Had it for weeks and didn notice it anymore😋

StoryPlayer67
06-21-16, 12:32 AM
I found it in my inventory.

StoryPlayer67
06-21-16, 12:33 AM
Look in your inventory. I had to think. Where could it be. There it was. You may have a few. Take a look.

midsom
06-21-16, 12:37 AM
Spiritwind, would also please tell the devs the prizes do not reflect the effort, if they want us to spend money there needs to be something desireable, right now i dont think i will even try to finish, the tree is quite pretty at level three.

Medhba
06-21-16, 01:03 AM
Chapter 6, goal 2- Where does this action take place? I've clicked on and looked in every craft building. I have no idea what to do here.

Side note: I doubt I'm going to worry about this much longer because there's no way I'm giving up 40 trade tickets later on.

BiggerBubbles
06-21-16, 01:20 AM
Chapter 6, goal 2- Where does this action take place? I've clicked on and looked in every craft building. I have no idea what to do here.

Side note: I doubt I'm going to worry about this much longer because there's no way I'm giving up 40 trade tickets later on.

You need to place the Forest Thistle you got from Old Thomas. If it doesnt appear in your inventory, then force close your game. It has a 3 hr timer for you to get Forest Extract from it.

dragongold1
06-21-16, 01:48 AM
for those that say about last day impossible. Just upgraded tree to level 6. The goal is to collect from level 6 tree. Timer is 22 hours to speed up is 44 gems

LillieNomi
06-21-16, 03:09 AM
I just received 1 forest essence as a reward for completing goal 6.2. So I think we just need to collect forest wood and spirits for 2 forest essences to make! 😀

Gweenykay
06-21-16, 03:32 AM
I sped up to the next drop then nothing finally reset the iPad and then it registered. The first task out of the shoot requires me to stay up all night so I can collect three times @ 2 hours per collection. I have just about had it with this game. Why are there no instructions on how to do the individual tasks? After you get the thistle you place it on the game board and then hope to collect the extract. I don't trust that it will drop as advertised!

This is the info detail I needed. Thank you so, so much. The thistle confused me too, as I keep going to Old Thomass house and was getting nothing!!

ropien
06-21-16, 03:35 AM
Where can I find Forest Thistle??? Can't find it!!!

yummys51
06-21-16, 03:37 AM
Can u help me on chapter 6 goal2 don't know where to get the forest essence from the forset thistle where do get forest thistle????

1Crazyhead
06-21-16, 04:10 AM
How do I get the raccoon?

pongkay
06-21-16, 04:15 AM
We need 7 forest extract in chap 6 to be done. Seriously, S8? With a 3 hour timer to the next extract, a continuous collection of 7 extract will cost us 21 hours. Can anybody do this in one day without sacrificing sleep??

SpiritWind00
06-21-16, 04:17 AM
How do I get the raccoon?

When you get up to chapter 5 goal 3 they appear from chopping trees. I've updated posts 1 and 3 with more info, so check those out for more details. :)

jbfps116
06-21-16, 04:31 AM
AAAAHHHH those raccoons are so cute! TL CAN WE PLEASE HAVE THEM AS A PET !!!!!

paisdelasmaravillas
06-21-16, 04:35 AM
In muy first collection of forest thistle I obtain 2 forest extract

paisdelasmaravillas
06-21-16, 04:39 AM
We need 7 forest extract in chap 6 to be done. Seriously, S8? With a 3 hour timer to the next extract, a continuous collection of 7 extract will cost us 21 hours. Can anybody do this in one day without sacrificing sleep??

Even worse is 25 neighbour requests... Impossible to obtain in only one day
Or 40 trade tickets!!!!

ld2225
06-21-16, 04:43 AM
My sapling tree won't grow, 5 days and counting, anyone know what the problem is? I have collected from it many many times in these 5 days and nothing. I will not be able to finish to goal because of it.

azriX2012
06-21-16, 04:55 AM
My sapling tree won't grow, 5 days and counting, anyone know what the problem is? I have collected from it many many times in these 5 days and nothing. I will not be able to finish to goal because of it.

This is misleading. You need to upgrade the tree (like a building) and not grow it like a normal plant.

SpiritWind00
06-21-16, 04:56 AM
You don't water it, you grow it in the potion shop, place it then upgrade it.... Check out more details in post 1 of this thread. :)

Ratisorn
06-21-16, 05:20 AM
How do I get Forest Thistle ,thank you.

PrincessCupOButter
06-21-16, 05:24 AM
for those that say about last day impossible. Just upgraded tree to level 6. The goal is to collect from level 6 tree. Timer is 22 hours to speed up is 44 gems

So, on day 10....IF we manage to get the last 5 neighbor requests immediately, do four 1 hour trades (assuming trade 1 is ready to collect, that is still the first 3 hours of day 10 gone.) Then we have to collect 40 forest blooms (hoping for multiple drops every time!) and craft 4 forest magic @2 hours each (another 8 hours gone from day ten)
And after we do all of that.....if we can manage to get it all done in the least possible time.....we then have to collect from a tree that has a timer of 22 hours to complete this and win the grand prize?!?!? At a time when we will have AT MOST 12 hours left to complete?!?!?

Congratulations S8. You win. You have finally managed to give us an update that is impossible to complete without using gems. I do not have a 40 hour a week job. I play a lot and often during the day. Up until reading about that 22 hour timer I thought it MIGHT be possible without gems or sleep, but you fixed that by forcing the tree collection. And to add insult to injury, the "prizes" aren't worth even one tenth of the effort and materials required to get them. (Honestly, there are easier and quicker ways to get plain old wood. Visit a sawmill. Chop a tree.) There's a lot more I'd like to say, but I'm sure it would get edited out anyway. So I'll leave it at this....I play several 'free' games and none of them are so blatant about forcing people to pay to play as this game has become. (And interestingly enough, I occasionally pay to play those other games, quite willingly, without being or feeling forced to do so.) It makes me sad, because this used to be my favorite game for so many reasons.

plby
06-21-16, 05:24 AM
How do I get Forest Thistle ,thank you.

It drops from Old Thomas house in the first part of ch. 6

missiesp
06-21-16, 05:27 AM
Do we need to keep going on adventures to collect Forest Seeds after Chapter 4? Apart from the side goal of 75 seeds and the following one with a percentage sign, I can't see we need to keep collecting them! Am I correct or am I missing something?

plby
06-21-16, 05:32 AM

Well, nice to know that this quest was designed to be impossible to complete without spending gems. CS has truly gone downhill :sigh:
Guess I'll continue the event just to see how far I'll get playing for free. At least I've hoarded trade tickets...

plby
06-21-16, 05:36 AM
Do we need to keep going on adventures to collect Forest Seeds after Chapter 4? Apart from the side goal of 75 seeds and the following one with a percentage sign, I can't see we need to keep collecting them! Am I correct or am I missing something?

Take a look at this great post (also found one page one of this thread:)) and see if you have collected what you need :)

To grow a Forest Sapling to Level 6 Forest Tree: 180 waters, 130 saps, 42 forest seeds, 160 forest petals, 100 forest nectars, 45 forest woods, 30 forest spirits, 61 forest extracts, 40 forest blooms.

The above total includes the following crafted items: 13 Petal Potions (130 forest petals, 130 sap), 3 Forest Essences (45 forest wood, 30 forest spirits, 21 forest extract), and 4 Forest Magics (40 forest extracts, 40 forest blooms, 4 Petal Potions {see above}).

1: 10 forest seeds, 15 water
2: 20 water, 14 forest seeds, 10 forest petals
3: 20 forest petals, 18 forest seeds, 3 petal potions, 25 water
4: 3 petal potions, 1 forest essence, 20 forest nectar, 30 water
5: 3 petal potion, 1 forest essence, 30 forest nectar, 40 water
6: 1 forest essence, 4 forest magic, 50 forest necter, 50 water

Petal Potion: 10 Forest petals, 10 sap
Forest Essence: 15 forest wood, 10 forest spirits, 7 forest extract
Forest Magic: 10 Forest Extracts, 10 Forest Blooms, 1 Petal Potion
(Forest Sword: 2 Forest Wood, 1 longsword)

Forest Seeds come from the Castle's Forest Adventure
Forest Petals come from Iceland Poppies
Forest Nectar comes from the Forest Dahlia gifted by Ivy
Forest Wood Comes from trees
Forest Spirits come from slaying Forest Raccoons with Forest Sword
Forest Extracts come from Forest Thistle gifted by Thomas
Forest Blooms come from Paradise Bloom gifted by Ivy

(Shared because I'm trying to decide if I'm going to raise a second tree. :) )

LadyExcalibur
06-21-16, 05:45 AM
Glad that I have read the forum for tips, only to discover so many unhappy players.
I am a regular player✅
I find the time to play✅
I occasionally buy gems✅
This adventure will be impossible to complete without using gems✅
The reward is not worth the time taken to achieve the goals✅✅
The reward is not worth the materials used to reach the goals✅✅

Thanks for the heads up.

HappyHeartBakery
06-21-16, 05:56 AM
Ok - so I'm not super high level, but not that low either IMO. I'm at level 31.
I'm sitting on Chapter 3, goal 4.
Trying my darnest to make enough swords to go on the adventure to get enough forest seeds. I do have 2 magic forges working - hard to get enough rock.

Seems a little crazy that one has to be so high in level to be able to get somewhere in these timed events. It shouldn't be this hard.

missiesp
06-21-16, 06:03 AM
Take a look at this great post (also found one page one of this thread:)) and see if you have collected what you need :)

Thank you so much - I did read this but kinda missed the 42 seeds bit. So it does look like we can stop going on Forest Adventures after Goal 4 doesn't it? It feels strange stopping the adventures though, but it'll be such a waist of energy to keep harvesting strawberries and crafting longswords when I'm seeing that I'll need it for chopping trees.

katbtodd
06-21-16, 06:08 AM
Glad that I have read the forum for tips, only to discover so many unhappy players.
I am a regular player✅
I find the time to play✅
I occasionally buy gems✅
This adventure will be impossible to complete without using gems✅
The reward is not worth the time taken to achieve the goals✅✅
The reward is not worth the materials used to reach the goals✅✅

Thanks for the heads up.

Please Spirit please check on this to see if this is doable with out using gems please!

Ratisorn
06-21-16, 06:10 AM
It drops from Old Thomas house in the first part of ch. 6
Thanks

jjw0122
06-21-16, 06:13 AM
Ok - so I'm not super high level, but not that low either IMO. I'm at level 31.
I'm sitting on Chapter 3, goal 4.
Trying my darnest to make enough swords to go on the adventure to get enough forest seeds. I do have 2 magic forges working - hard to get enough rock.

Seems a little crazy that one has to be so high in level to be able to get somewhere in these timed events. It shouldn't be this hard.

If you need more iron ore for your swords, purchase Iron Rich Rock for 5,200 coins in the market - under Nature - other. I'm more concerned about chapter 9 ... 40 trade tickets in one day?? I had recently exchanged my trade tickets for an expansion permit.. :(

meme1098
06-21-16, 06:22 AM
So, on day 10....IF we manage to get the last 5 neighbor requests immediately, do four 1 hour trades (assuming trade 1 is ready to collect, that is still the first 3 hours of day 10 gone.) Then we have to collect 40 forest blooms (hoping for multiple drops every time!) and craft 4 forest magic @2 hours each (another 8 hours gone from day ten)
And after we do all of that.....if we can manage to get it all done in the least possible time.....we then have to collect from a tree that has a timer of 22 hours to complete this and win the grand prize?!?!? At a time when we will have AT MOST 12 hours left to complete?!?!?

Congratulations S8. You win. You have finally managed to give us an update that is impossible to complete without using gems. I do not have a 40 hour a week job. I play a lot and often during the day. Up until reading about that 22 hour timer I thought it MIGHT be possible without gems or sleep, but you fixed that by forcing the tree collection. And to add insult to injury, the "prizes" aren't worth even one tenth of the effort and materials required to get them. (Honestly, there are easier and quicker ways to get plain old wood. Visit a sawmill. Chop a tree.) There's a lot more I'd like to say, but I'm sure it would get edited out anyway. So I'll leave it at this....I play several 'free' games and none of them are so blatant about forcing people to pay to play as this game has become. (And interestingly enough, I occasionally pay to play those other games, quite willingly, without being or feeling forced to do so.) It makes me sad, because this used to be my favorite game for so many reasons.

✅✅✅ and ✅
I'm amazed at all the different items: seeds, petals, wood, nectar, spirits, extract, blooms!! in these goals.
All this crafting, collecting and the workshop is useless after the event? I guess the thistle is as well. And for what ... a troll snot colored, psychedelic Stag that drops item/items easily obtained from other sources.
I'm continuing only until & when I reach a point it's become, IMO, completely absurd (definition: utterly or obviously senseless, illogical, or untrue; contrary to all reason or common sense; laughably foolish or false). And it's pretty close to that already.

And I feel for all the players (and there are many-1 who just posted they've been doing it for 5 days) who have watered & watered the tree, which makes sense by the way because of the goal's wording, only to find out it had to be upgraded instead.

EBJW
06-21-16, 06:58 AM

I thought the 40 trade tickets was already ridiculous, but reading this.......
? ? ? ? ?

LadyExcalibur
06-21-16, 07:03 AM
40 trade tickets

Crazy hey!

homegrrrl
06-21-16, 07:04 AM
I seem to be stuck here. I'm on chapter 6 goal 2. I visited Old Thomas' house about 10 times and have not gotten 1 forest thistle. What am I doing wrong?

hkcorrigan
06-21-16, 07:07 AM
I seem to be stuck here. I'm on chapter 6 goal 2. I visited Old Thomas' house about 10 times and have not gotten 1 forest thistle. What am I doing wrong?

Have you checked your inventory? Force close and check again.

roguebee
06-21-16, 07:08 AM

Check your inventory. You should have received a Forest Thistle from Old Thomas. Place the Forest Thistle and then wait for the timer to pop up (3 hours per collection). If you can't find it, do the usual force close and restart game.

mikepastry
06-21-16, 07:09 AM
So far, the event was not impossible to do, and every day I was done with each chapter if not in the morning, then the latest was early afternoon. I don't know if the event will get more complex in the coming days, to the point when I will be unable to finish the goals. But a few valid concerns have been raised here multiple times, and I (reading this thread from day 1) did not see that any of these concerns were addressed by either S8 Staff or via moderators:

1. 40 Trade Tickets: Can players do other trades, like "Rare Fruit Trade" or "Eggs & Diary Exchange" (both take 2 hours each), instead of the "Royal Supply Trade"? Was Royal Supply Trade mentioned in the goal description, only as an example of a possible trade one can do, just because it takes the least amount of time to perform?

2. 25 Forest Stones: if Chapter 9 is moving into Day 10, what is the deadline to complete the entire event? Do we need to finish all Chapter 10 goals by the end of 24 hours of Day 10?

3. 22 hour collection timer on Level 6 Forest Tree: that again should not be an issue if one does not have to finish Chapter 10 by the end of 24 hour period on Day 10. (I remember someone already mention somewhere in this thread that you don't have to finish Chapter 10 by the end of Day 10). Can either S8 staff of moderators confirm if this is true or not?

I m sure if these 3 major concerns are addressed, there will be less frustration about this event. Thanks!

kdgulle
06-21-16, 07:18 AM
So far, the event was not impossible to do, and every day I was done with each chapter if not in the morning, then the latest was early afternoon. I don't know if the event will get more complex in the coming days, to the point when I will be unable to finish the goals. But a few valid concerns have been raised here multiple times, and I (reading this thread from day 1) did not see that any of these concerns were addressed by either S8 Staff or via moderators:

1. 40 Trade Tickets: Can players do other trades, like "Rare Fruit Trade" or "Eggs & Diary Exchange" (both take 2 hours each), instead of the "Royal Supply Trade"? Was Royal Supply Trade mentioned in the goal description, only as an example of a possible trade one can do, just because it takes the least amount of time to perform?

2. 25 Forest Stones: if Chapter 9 is moving into Day 10, what is the deadline to complete the entire event? Do we need to finish all Chapter 10 goals by the end of 24 hours of Day 10?

3. 22 hour collection timer on Level 6 Forest Tree: that again should not be an issue if one does not have to finish Chapter 10 by the end of 24 hour period on Day 10. (I remember someone already mention somewhere in this thread that you don't have to finish Chapter 10 by the end of Day 10). Can either S8 staff of moderators confirm if this is true or not?

I m sure if these 3 major concerns are addressed, there will be less frustration about this event. Thanks!
Unfortunately people who already are finished used gems so if this is like any regular storybook you have 24 hours to complete each chapter if you are waiting for the next chapter to open. So yes if you get to chapter 9 you will have to wait til the next day to finish 9 then 10 will automatically start. Then you'll have whatever is left out of 24 hours to finish chapter 10. This is the first storybook where it is impossible to finish a day in 24 hours. So we won't know what happens til we get there. But from the steps posted so far there isn't enough time to finish even if your on your devise 24 hours. For those who don't come here have no chance to finish.

kdgulle
06-21-16, 07:20 AM
Is it even worth it to use 40 permits or gems for chapter 9 with the trades if the tree has a 22 hour timer. Why does it go from 3 hours to 22 hours. Really disappointed in this event. Hopefully spiritwind will have answers for us soon.

mlbagshaw
06-21-16, 07:25 AM
I do not get raccoons for chopping trees. Aspen or otherwise. Have forced closed and restarted IPad.

homegrrrl
06-21-16, 07:26 AM

PrincessCupOButter
06-21-16, 07:29 AM

Have you checked your inventory? Force close and check again.

Check your inventory. You should have received a Forest Thistle from Old Thomas. Place the Forest Thistle and then wait for the timer to pop up (3 hours per collection). If you can't find it, do the usual force close and restart game.

You need to look in your inventory. The thistle goes straight to inventory. If it's not there, force close and check again.

Also, check out page 1 of this thread. Lots of FAQ's are answered there. Good luck!

kdgulle
06-21-16, 07:29 AM

It should be in your inventory. Check there if not force close until it's in there it might be a few pages back if you're collecting stuff.

hkcorrigan
06-21-16, 07:31 AM
I do not get raccoons for chopping trees. Aspen or otherwise. Have forced closed and restarted IPad.

Check to see if you have another monster beast on your board. The raccoons fall into the same category.

jjw0122
06-21-16, 07:32 AM

Make sure you don't have another monster spawned in your park somewhere

homegrrrl
06-21-16, 07:33 AM
Thanks!

Thank you so much!

roguebee
06-21-16, 07:50 AM
I know a lot of people are complaining about upgrading a tree, but it's not the first time we had to do it. Both the Goddess Tree and the Cherry Hive required upgrading rather than watering. Just wish S8 had been more specific in their original goal..

jbfps116
06-21-16, 07:53 AM
seriously I would play this whole event just to get a pet raccoon! he's so cute and decor matches with CS and the deer.

Tamochan
06-21-16, 07:56 AM
Having a problem - i am on the chopping of trees to get a racoon, got the first one then since that, i have used over 100 energy to chop trees down in my realm and all i have spawned is a couple of fangbeast and one skunkupine.... Is this a bug?
Also... At the end of the events, 40 trade tickets needed? Is this for real? If so, i will have to give up on this one as there is no way i can get that many together and waste them on this....
Let me know about the bug.....

Ps, have checked and no other monster on board at all (aside from the skunk and fang that occasionally pop up when doing trees) and i always force close after each play of the game no matter what is happening :)

PrincessCupOButter
06-21-16, 07:58 AM
I thought the 40 trade tickets was already ridiculous, but reading this.......
? ? ? ? ?

I had been planning to keep my trade tickets and use 20 gems to skip the trades. But now, seeing that they changed the (level6) tree to a 22 hour timer, I won't be able to finish without using even more gems. Even starting day 9 early won't help. The collecting materials for and crafting of forest magic will still take too long to leave time to collect from the level 6 tree before time runs out. (Let's be optimistic and say they reward us the first forest magic for completing 10.2.....though I've seen NO mention of that.....even then, we still have to collect 30 blossoms and craft 3 magics @2 hours each. Assuming we already have all the other materials ready and waiting!) That is still a minimum of 6 hours into a 24 hour day. 24-6=18 hours left. And we need 22 hours to collect from the upgraded tree. And those figures would also mean starting the very second the new day starts (2:00 am for me!).

So unless something changes, it looks like I won't be getting that troll-snot green, wood-dropping deer after all. At least the tree is pretty. Good thing too, since it can't be stored. :rolleyes:

~~~~~~If my math is somehow wrong on this one....please let me know. I'd love to stand corrected!~~~~~~

NorthWoodsKingdom
06-21-16, 08:04 AM

Ok, here we go:

5. 40 trade tickets
SW! ~ Thanks for all of the endless, tireless, positive & uncompensated work you do for us!!!
You are loved & appreciated by many!

I looked to see if there was a thread for this issue in the Bugs section and there isn't (should I start one?) ...but would you mind also checking with S8 about the inability to STORE or sell the Forest Tree?

I have a feeling that A LOT of players are not going to be able to get it to level 6 and shouldn't be forced to keep an unfinished "building" on their game boards. And in the end, if the completed tree is only gonna drop a piece of wood every 22 hours, I don't think many players will want to keep it forever-displayed as a decoration either.

Real estate in this game is wayyyyyy too prime of a commodity to have yet another thing like the Tabernum Tablet just sitting there, with no use.

PLEASE GIVE US THE ABILITY TO STORE THE FOREST TREE!!!

dragongold1
06-21-16, 08:09 AM
I had been planning to keep my trade tickets and use 20 gems to skip the trades. But now, seeing that they changed the (level6) tree to a 22 hour timer, I won't be able to finish without using even more gems. Even starting day 9 early won't help. The collecting materials for and crafting of forest magic will still take too long to leave time to collect from the level 6 tree before time runs out. (Let's be optimistic and say they reward us the first forest magic for completing 10.2.....though I've seen NO mention of that.....even then, we still have to collect 30 blossoms and craft 3 magics @2 hours each. Assuming we already have all the other materials ready and waiting!) That is still a minimum of 6 hours into a 24 hour day. 24-6=18 hours left. And we need 22 hours to collect from the upgraded tree. And those figures would also mean starting the very second the new day starts (2:00 am for me!).

So unless something changes, it looks like I won't be getting that troll-snot green, wood-dropping deer after all. At least the tree is pretty!

~~~~~~If my math is somehow wrong on this one....please let me know. I'd love to stand corrected!~~~~~

Pretty sure a Forest Magic was a reward. I am building 2 trees and only needed to make 7 more. instead of 8.

kdgulle
06-21-16, 08:10 AM
Having a problem - i am on the chopping of trees to get a racoon, got the first one then since that, i have used over 100 energy to chop trees down in my realm and all i have spawned is a couple of fangbeast and one skunkupine.... Is this a bug?
Also... At the end of the events, 40 trade tickets needed? Is this for real? If so, i will have to give up on this one as there is no way i can get that many together and waste them on this....
Let me know about the bug.....

Ps, have checked and no other monster on board at all (aside from the skunk and fang that occasionally pop up when doing trees) and i always force close after each play of the game no matter what is happening :)

Are you on the part where you need to spawn the raccoons, in not you won't get them yet.

kdgulle
06-21-16, 08:12 AM

So unless something changes, it looks like I won't be getting that troll-snot green, wood-dropping deer after all. At least the tree is pretty!

~~~~~~If my math is somehow wrong on this one....please let me know. I'd love to stand corrected!~~~~~
I would like to know to because this was my stragety as well.

PrincessCupOButter
06-21-16, 08:19 AM
Pretty sure a Forest Magic was a reward. I am building 2 trees and only needed to make 7 more. instead of 8.

Thanks for letting us know! And thank you for all the advance info, it has helped tremendously and is greatly appreciated!!

Although we'll still need a 26-28 hour day 10. Lol

I'm still working on it. I'm pretty sure I can get the tree to level 6, but I don't see how the stag is possible without gems. And I've made a personal decision to stop buying gems for this game, due to several inconsistencies in the game. (I'm still hoarding a few and those I collect from adventures and such, I'm just not convinced the prize in this quest is worth spending that many.:()

Tamochan
06-21-16, 08:27 AM
Thanks for the reply, and yes i am on that prt of the event. I have even strted clicking on the icon for the quest and when it asks for me to slay raccoons (find spirits) i click on 'go' and it snaps me to the nearest tree, which i hack down, get nothing but wood and then go back and repeat the same process...

bald1e
06-21-16, 08:31 AM
Thanks for letting us know! And thank you for all the advance info, it has helped tremendously and is greatly appreciated!!

Although we'll still need a 26-28 hour day 10. Lol

I'm still working on it. I'm pretty sure I can get the tree to level 6, but I don't see how the stag is possible without gems. And I've made a personal decision to stop buying gems for this game, due to several inconsistencies in the game. (I'm still hoarding a few and those I collect from adventures and such, I'm just not convinced the prize in this quest is worth spending that many.:()

You never know S8 might come back to us 6 weeks after this event has finished and tell us that they nerfed the Forest Stag up and that it will now drop 40 energy instead of 1 wood. :rolleyes::rolleyes:

cyndora
06-21-16, 08:32 AM
question for those who have the stag, is it just wood that is dropping from the stag?

i ask because i have been following this thread, and i see the changes for the tree to a 24 hour timer , also the trade tickets seem a little greedy to me for a storybook quest...also the last chapter with the neighbor requests....which i lost quite a few from something i wont mention...feels like i got excited for this quest, and now that i am involved ( chapter 6 ) its like its making me FEEL like i have to spend gems to complete, ( which i will not )

is that the way it goes now? get us committed to a quest and half way through we just HAVE to finish it, so gem purchases and spending our gems is the normal? i would also like to know , if the people who design this quest play it? is it at all possible without spending gems, money, sleeping, logging off???

lindtball
06-21-16, 08:37 AM

Congratulations on a level 6 tree.

What are the requirements for upgrading the tree to Level 6?

lindtball
06-21-16, 08:39 AM
seriously I would play this whole event just to get a pet raccoon! he's so cute and decor matches with CS and the deer.

I would too. The raccoon is just about the cutest they have come up with yet.

mikepastry
06-21-16, 08:54 AM
After completing Chapter 6, Goal 2 (Find Forest Extract from Forest Thistle 0/3), you get 1 Forest Essence as a reward. Since you also need to craft 1 more Forest Essence to complete Chapter 6 Goal 3, you will end up with 2 Forest Essences, as a result.

So, by completing today's Chapter 6, you will be covered for Chapters 7 and 8, in terms of Forest Essence!

Medhba
06-21-16, 08:55 AM
Thank you!!

PrincessCupOButter
06-21-16, 08:59 AM
you never know s8 might come back to us 6 weeks after this event has finished and tell us that they nerfed the forest stag up and that it will now drop 40 energy instead of 1 wood. :rolleyes::rolleyes:

:D I don't think they'll be that generous....the game economy and all, you know.... :D

(Thanks for the much needed laugh!! :o)

kdgulle
06-21-16, 09:14 AM
One more question, when does it give us the opportunity to upgrade the tree to level 6. What chapter?

azriX2012
06-21-16, 09:17 AM
One more question, when does it give us the opportunity to upgrade the tree to level 6. What chapter?

Chapter 10 Goal 4

kdgulle
06-21-16, 09:27 AM
Chapter 10 Goal 4

Thank you so much,

nessa005
06-21-16, 09:36 AM
I'm waiting for Ch 5 to start. Do I also have to wait to collect forest wood or can it be collected while I wait? I don't want to waste energy. Just trying to see how far I can get without using gems, money or trade tickets.

cyndora
06-21-16, 09:37 AM
ok , i thought i was on chapter 6 , but i am only on chapter 5, does not matter really... im slowing down on this quest. .but i just wanted to say..

thank you for a glitch filled storybook quest....i did not say anything before , because well frankly i was getting use to it.... but i clicked on my beastbane today and got....nothing, no coin , no tokens....nothing.. kinda makes me mad though.

now i was just chopping trees down to get some raccoons, and it dropped a wood, and a spawn of a raccoon , then the game glitched, re- set , and the tree was back to normal , the spawn gone, and no wood drop.....chopped same tree down and got nothing....no wood, no spawn, just a normal day chopping trees down...

this happens quite often , and with lots of stuff not just trees, and yes i did the all mighty force close tip....if i want to continue to play this game, why do i have to keep turning it off? not sure if my energy got returned to me or not , was not paying attention to it. dont really care at this point. just wanted you to know..

so thank you very much, for a glitch filled storybook quest.

kdgulle
06-21-16, 09:42 AM
I'm waiting for Ch 5 to start. Do I also have to wait to collect forest wood or can it be collected while I wait? I don't want to waste energy. Just trying to see how far I can get without using gems, money or trade tickets.
Yes you have to wait until you get it as a reward. I'm not sure when that is. I think 5.1. You can't collect wood until then so I would grow lots of trees. At least 30 of them.

sail147
06-21-16, 10:01 AM
I am on goal six part two. Can not find my thistle😂 Where should I look

Guardian452
06-21-16, 10:03 AM
question for those who have the stag, is it just wood that is dropping from the stag?

i ask because i have been following this thread, and i see the changes for the tree to a 24 hour timer , also the trade tickets seem a little greedy to me for a storybook quest...also the last chapter with the neighbor requests....which i lost quite a few from something i wont mention...feels like i got excited for this quest, and now that i am involved ( chapter 6 ) its like its making me FEEL like i have to spend gems to complete, ( which i will not )

is that the way it goes now? get us committed to a quest and half way through we just HAVE to finish it, so gem purchases and spending our gems is the normal? i would also like to know , if the people who design this quest play it? is it at all possible without spending gems, money, sleeping, logging off???

Unfortunately, that appears to be how the storybook style events are trending in all S8 games. The first few times, it's possible to complete the events without gems. As time goes on, the events become harder to finish without gems, with the amount of gems needed increasing with each event.

LadyFencer
06-21-16, 10:04 AM
I am on goal six part two. Can not find my thistle�� Where should I look

Check My Inventory in the Market (bottom right corner, NOT the one that gives coins). Mine was the first item as it was the most recently acquired.

kooky panda
06-21-16, 10:11 AM
I am on goal six part two. Can not find my thistle Where should I look
From post 1
Chapter 6:
Goal 1 Visit Old Thomas' House 0/1 GO (skip 4http://vignette3.wikia.nocookie.net/fantasy-story/images/d/d5/Gem20px.png/revision/latest/scale-to-width/12?cb=20140805013135) Reward: 1 Forest Thistle
Goal 2 Find Forest Extract from Forest Thistle 0/3 - Forest Thistle has a 3 hour timer. 3 gems to speed up. (You need to place the Forest Thistle you got from Old Thomas. If it doesn't appear in your inventory, then force close your game. It has a 3 hr timer for you to get Forest Extract from it. )
Goal 3 Craft forest essence 0/1? | Forest essence - 15 forest wood, 10 forest spirits, 7 forest extract

bald1e
06-21-16, 10:18 AM
Chapter 10 Goal 1 Visit Ivy's Hut x1, May skip for 15 gems. Reward was Paradise Bloom. Paradise Bloom has a 1 hour timer 1 gem to speed up.

Chapter 10 Goal 2 Collect Forest Blooms from Paradise Bloom. (These can be used to make Forest Magic.) Need 5x. First collection gave me 6 Forest Blooms.

Chapter 10 Goal 3 Craft Forest Magic. Forest Magic 10 Forest Extracts, 10 Forest Blooms, 1 petal Potion. 2 hours to craft

Chapter 10 Goal 4 - Collect from level 6 Forest Tree.

So does Crafting Forest Magic automatically upgrade the tree to level 6 or do we need materials to upgrade.

bellebow
06-21-16, 10:22 AM
For what it's worth, here are my thoughts on the 40 trade tickets. No-one actually confirmed the trade was for royal crates, that was a guess, so the 40 tickets is just speculation. Plus there is currently no trade in the royal exchange called Trade with the Baron, so I'm guessing that will appear when we reach that stage. Also, another player, I think Anaboe but I'm not sure, mentioned the trade took one hour if we had the things the baron wanted, which also seems to suggest a special trade.

mikepastry
06-21-16, 10:25 AM
For what it's worth, here are my thoughts on the 40 trade tickets. No-one actually confirmed the trade was for royal crates, that was a guess, so the 40 tickets is just speculation. Plus there is currently no trade in the royal exchange called Trade with the Baron, so I'm guessing that will appear when we reach that stage. Also, another player, I think Anaboe but I'm not sure, mentioned the trade took one hour if we had the things the baron wanted, which also seems to suggest a special trade.

Then, why nobody who competed the event mentioned that it is some special trade, why nobody listed the items that we need to prepare ahead for that trade? why such an enigma about that trade and not any other step in the game?

Well... I am gonna play along and add some stress... :) what if you need to trade with baron all those Forest Seeds that you've been asked to collect in Essense of the Forest Part 1, 2 and 3?! :)

LadyExcalibur
06-21-16, 10:30 AM
Can anyone tell me what the rewards were for each "Essence of the forest" part 1, 2 and 3?

Nothing was displayed and there is nothing new in my inventory.

kdgulle
06-21-16, 10:34 AM
Can anyone tell me what the rewards were for each "Essence of the forest" part 1, 2 and 3?

There were no rewards given for these quests. They were meant to be used as a guide to help us along

PrincessCupOButter
06-21-16, 10:34 AM

There are no rewards for completing these. :(

We answered at the same time kdgulle. Lol

fish63
06-21-16, 10:35 AM
Don't have the stag and don't know if I want him! The two pieces look like a bad cut and paste job! He doesn't look majestic like the one in the goal! Also the tree is gaudy once you level it up. I like it better now. Since the fairy has not been fixed, I'm not sure the Stag will ever look normal! Someone has a warped sense of humor. After all the work and real money they don't drop anything exciting. Things we can get without so much time or effort!

PrincessCupOButter
06-21-16, 10:39 AM
So does Crafting Forest Magic automatically upgrade the tree to level 6 or do we need materials to upgrade.

'Borrowed' from ashanthya's helpful chart!

kdgulle
06-21-16, 10:39 AM
From dragongold1

Post 321 Chapter 9 Goal 2 Trade with the Baron, (maybe a Royal Supply Crate) x 4. may skip for 20 gems.

That you do unless you use 20 gems and skip it, I didnt post how many trade tickets it is is because i have to many trade tickets to see how many it takes.

The royal supply trade takes 10 permits x 4 40 tickets
You won't be able to do this until day 10 unless they increase the amount of requests we get back in a day to 25. Before this you need to get 25 stones from neighbors

LynneOfEvermore
06-21-16, 11:03 AM
Anyone else having trouble finding forest raccoons? Made the sword ... Chopped down at least 10 trees..nothing

badbunny42
06-21-16, 11:04 AM
It looks like forest seeds aren't needed after chapter 4, or are they an ingredient in something? Looking at the first page it seemed I was done with those, but....

Thanks!

meme1098
06-21-16, 11:07 AM
After completing Chapter 6, Goal 2 (Find Forest Extract from Forest Thistle 0/3), you get 1 Forest Essence as a reward. Since you also need to craft 1 more Forest Essence to complete Chapter 6 Goal 3, you will end up with 2 Forest Essences, as a result.

So, by completing today's Chapter 6, you will be covered for Chapters 7 and 8, in terms of Forest Essence!

The crafting is a pain though since you need 7 extract from that stingy 3 hour thistle to be able to even craft the essence. But you know I'm gonna force out at least several at each collection...lol.

bald1e
06-21-16, 11:09 AM

Thanks PrincessCupOButter.

EDIT: Have found ashanthya's post, Thanks to ashanthya too for the chart and dragongold1 also for keeping us upto date on how to do the goals.

asikosan
06-21-16, 11:11 AM
Pika im still stuck, heres a screenshot I couldn't upload in PM
Please fix I have just 4 days left thank u

meme1098
06-21-16, 11:15 AM
Pika im still stuck, heres a screenshot I couldn't upload in PM
Please fix I have just 4 days left thank u

Oh, dear! How are you stuck? It won't let you buy it?

kooky panda
06-21-16, 11:20 AM
Anyone else having trouble finding forest raccoons? Made the sword ... Chopped down at least 10 trees..nothing
Make sure you do not have any other monsters roaming your kingdom.

asikosan
06-21-16, 11:26 AM
Oh, dear! How are you stuck? It won't let you buy it?

I already sold and bought /rebuild it again twice
It just doesn't count it:( :(

PrincessCupOButter
06-21-16, 11:32 AM
SNIP

Well... I am gonna play along and add some stress... :) what if you need to trade with baron all those Forest Seeds that you've been asked to collect in Essense of the Forest Part 1, 2 and 3?! :)

Somehow this would not surprise me one bit! :rolleyes:

PrincessCupOButter
06-21-16, 11:33 AM
Thanks PrincessCupOButter.

EDIT: Have found ashanthya's post, Thanks to ashanthya too for the chart and dragongold1 also for keeping us upto date on how to do the goals.

You're welcome! I took a screenshot of it. Very valuable reference!

meme1098
06-21-16, 11:35 AM

Oh, no...Hope this gets worked out for you very soon!

PrincessCupOButter
06-21-16, 11:37 AM
The crafting is a pain though since you need 7 extract from that stingy 3 hour thistle to be able to even craft the essence. But you know I'm gonna force out at least several at each collection...lol.

What are the most you've had drop? I've collected twice and gotten only two each time. And we only need 44 of them :eek: (61+ for those collecting souvenirs)

meme1098
06-21-16, 11:46 AM
What are the most you've had drop? I've collected twice and gotten only two each time. And we only need 44 of them :eek: (61+ for those collecting souvenirs)

The most I've gotten in a single drop is 2. Oh, boy, that's a lot of extract from a 3-hour regen time.:eek:
If S8 thinks I'm getting up during the night to do this goal, well, this is when it becomes absurd. (See my post 564 for definition)

MoonVillage3
06-21-16, 12:03 PM
Too stressful this quest and literally impossible without the use of gems :eek:

I'm on Chapter 6, Goal 3
Craft forest essence 0/1? | Forest essence - 15 forest wood, 10 forest spirits, 7 forest extract

It says to craft ForestEssence.. needing 7 ForestExtract at a 3hour collection from the ForestThistle. That means 21 hours collection before being able to make the ForestEssence. Or we stay awake all night.. or we use gems to speed up before tomorrows Chapter7. S8 is actually asking us to do what's not in our possibilities even if playing all day. Why?

jessiefromshimerville
06-21-16, 12:10 PM
I echo MoonVillage3's frustration. In addition to it being tedious to acquire 7 forest extracts to make a forest essence... My inventory says I have a forest essence but it does not count.

chazroxy
06-21-16, 12:18 PM
I can't get the Forest Thistle!! When I click on go it doesn't do anything, I have shut down and reopened repeatedly but nothing! Am I missing something😟

olcastle
06-21-16, 12:18 PM

It might be not a problem to fully upgrade the tree (if you have all items needed or gems), but I believe it's impossible to get Stag after event is over. It's how timed events usually work.

sophiensissi
06-21-16, 12:22 PM
From post 3
Chapter 6:
Goal 1 Visit Old Thomas' House 0/1 GO (skip 4http://vignette3.wikia.nocookie.net/fantasy-story/images/d/d5/Gem20px.png/revision/latest/scale-to-width/12?cb=20140805013135) Reward: 1 Forest Thistle
Goal 2 Find Forest Extract from Forest Thistle 0/3 - Forest Thistle has a 3 hour timer. 3 gems to speed up. (You need to place the Forest Thistle you got from Old Thomas. If it doesn't appear in your inventory, then force close your game. It has a 3 hr timer for you to get Forest Extract from it. )
Goal 3 Craft forest essence 0/1? | Forest essence - 15 forest wood, 10 forest spirits, 7 forest extract

Will you please update page one with the goals?

Edit-KP- Sorry for the confusion my post, the goal are in post 1 not post 3.

ResaDragon
06-21-16, 12:30 PM
My forest thistle got attached to Old Thomas's house and I can't unstick it or move it....nor can I collect from it. What should I do?

Nevermind...im a dork. Found it in my inventory.

mlbagshaw
06-21-16, 12:36 PM
As someone kindly answered to my post about no raccoons, you have to make sure there is no other beast.

alexsjusa
06-21-16, 12:42 PM
I'm on chapter 5 and I keep chopping aspen trees for the forest spirits with nothing except the forest wood things! Am I doing something wrong? Where do you get the spirits?

kooky panda
06-21-16, 12:48 PM
I did have someone check and looks like you have now completed this goal. :)

Niire
06-21-16, 12:49 PM
I'm on chapter 5 and I keep chopping aspen trees for the forest spirits with nothing except the forest wood things! Am I doing something wrong? Where do you get the spirits?

The spirits drop from raccoons you have to fight, and they spawn from live trees (actually, had alot spawn from oak trees, have a bunch on site from expanding, lol). Be sure you don't have another monster on your board. :)

paisdelasmaravillas
06-21-16, 01:17 PM
I collect forest thistle 4 times... 4*3 =12 hours (something more) and I obtain 2, 2, 1 and 1... 6 forest extract in total... Now I need to wait another 3 hours more

ashley224
06-21-16, 01:22 PM
My forest thistle got attached to Old Thomas's house and I can't unstick it or move it....nor can I collect from it. What should I do?

I suggest trying a forced close.

CookingMonarch
06-21-16, 01:29 PM
Chapter 6 updates - the forest thistle sometimes drops more than 1 extract. It took me 4 collections to get my 7 extracts.

Completing chapter 6 part 2 also gives you a forest essence as a reward. I saw it go it my inventory so by the end of part 3 you'll have two ready for future upgrades - so that's a few less forest woods/spirits/extracts required.

I'm struggling most with forest petals. Looks like we need an awful lot of them and I'm only getting one drop out of every four collections.

Think I will have to give up before the end anyway. Not sure how I'll manage to get 25 replies from neighbours in 24 hours. Also I don't really want to give up forty trade tickets (and I've got less than 20 at the moment anyway!). Using all my energy for petals so not got any left to collect other things for trading!

ashley224
06-21-16, 02:02 PM
When is the Forest Adventure removed?

MoonVillage3
06-21-16, 02:49 PM
I'm getting no more than 1 ForestThistle each collection.. lucky who finds 2 when collecting.
(updating: getting 2 or 3 sometimes.. but usually 1)

olcastle
06-21-16, 02:56 PM
Stag
Info:
Found: Completing the Essence of the Forest Event June 2016

Is this information confirmed? I hope we'll get Stag for fully upgrading the Tree, not for completing the last goal of Chapter 10, considering it takes 22 hours.

alexsjusa
06-21-16, 03:14 PM
The spirits drop from raccoons you have to fight, and they spawn from live trees (actually, had alot spawn from oak trees, have a bunch on site from expanding, lol). Be sure you don't have another monster on your board. :)

Thanks!! I hardly have oak but the red acer spawn at least 2 per tree!

ld2225
06-21-16, 03:27 PM
This is misleading. You need to upgrade the tree (like a building) and not grow it like a normal plant.

Thank you!!!! I can't believe I did that!!!!

preinsko
06-21-16, 03:32 PM

What is the forest nector? I have searched all over for it can't find it!

azriX2012
06-21-16, 03:37 PM
Thank you!!!! I can't believe I did that!!!!

Glad to help!

azriX2012
06-21-16, 03:37 PM
What is the forest nector? I have searched all over for it can't find it!

Chapter 7 Goal 1 - Visit Ivy's Hut - reward is Forest Dahlia
Chapter 7 Goal 2 - Find Forest Nectar from the Forest Dahlia x6 - Forest Dahlia has 1 hour timer

TimeForACuppaTea
06-21-16, 04:27 PM
I decided to plant a few of almost every tree, only grew the trees that only take up 1x1 square. Don't have room for bigger trees. I did this to see if there was much difference in what each tree dropped for this event. Here are my results.
I chopped 3 of each tree, except White Birch. After getting nothing from 2 in a row I didn't feel like wasting the energy on a third. I did double check to make sure I didn't have a moster in my kingdon, I didn't. And when I moved onto the Red Acer everything worked fine so I know it was that the Birch simply didn't give me anything.

Trees are listed in order of how fast they grow. Since I figure faster growing trees would also be preferred over trees that take longer to grow.

Crab apple trees
1st = 1 raccoon, 1 spirit, 3 forest wood
2nd = 6 raccoon, 2 spirit, 1 forest wood
3rd tree = 4 raccoon, 2 spirit, 1 forest wood

Aspen tree
1st tree = 1 raccoon, 1 spirit, 1 forest wood,
2nd tree = 2 raccoon, 1 spirit, 1 forest wood,
3rd tree = 2 raccoon

yellow acer
1 tree = no raccoon, 4 forest wood
2nd tree = 2 raccoon plus 2 spirit, 2 forest wood
3rd tree = 2 raccoons, 1 spirit, 2 forest wood

White Birch
1st tree = nothing at all.
2nd tree = nothing at all.

Rec Acer
1st tree = 3 raccoons, 2 spirits, 1 forest wood
2nd tree = 4 raccoons, 2 spirits, 2 forest wood
3rd tree = 2 raccoon, 2 spirit, 2 forest wood

Pine tree
1st tree = 2 raccoons, 2 spirits, 1 forest wood
2nd tree = 2 raccoon, 1 forest wood
3rd tree= 2 raccoon, 2 spirit, 1 forest wood

oak tree
1st tree = 1 forest wood
2nd tree= 4 raccoon, 3 spirit, 1 forest wood
3rd tree = 2 raccoon, 2 spirit, 1 forest wood

Gln4
06-21-16, 05:09 PM
I foolishly started this chapter at midnight and just did step 1, not realizing step 2 was timed. Any way to recover a thistle?

PrincessCupOButter
06-21-16, 05:11 PM
I foolishly started this chapter at midnight and just did step 1, not realizing step 2 was timed. Any way to recover a thistle?

It's not timed. The thistle has a 3 hour timer for collections.

bald1e
06-21-16, 05:18 PM
Oh no that looks so different from the starting quest picture.

BufftonHeights
06-21-16, 05:52 PM
Regarding the side quests. Since they are supposed to move us along, I wonder if there is a mistake in goals 3 and 4. It would make sense if the goal was to continue to collect petals instead of seeds.

nateryd
06-21-16, 05:57 PM
It looks like forest seeds aren't needed after chapter 4, or are they an ingredient in something? Looking at the first page it seemed I was done with those, but....

Thanks!

I started to, then realized that was crazy! You won't need the seeds for anything other than the side quest in the blue book! I just ignored the side quest after I realized I wouldn't get a reward for them anyhow. Too time and resource consuming

nateryd
06-21-16, 06:00 PM
Collected from my stag and tree for the second time just now. Stag dropped glimmer dust and the tree dropped a purple flower petal ... Better than wood!! Hahah

88th88
06-21-16, 06:36 PM
It won't allow me to find or pass on the forest extract.

iamvan2
06-21-16, 06:46 PM
Does anyone besides me find it strange that no one who has fast forwarded through this event by using gems has posted what the trade with the Baron is and/or requires?

kdgulle
06-21-16, 06:49 PM
Does anyone besides me find it strange that no one who has fast forwarded through this event by using gems has posted what the trade with the Baron is and/or requires?

I posted a few pages back what someone said about it, but they probably just by passed that part of it using gems.

plby
06-21-16, 06:52 PM
It won't allow me to find or pass on the forest extract.

This should've dropped when you visited Old Thomas in the first part of Ch.6 goals
http://i67.tinypic.com/203uk7.jpg

it's what drops the extracts. If you haven't placed it, check your inventory :)

88silver
06-21-16, 06:57 PM
Collected from my stag and tree for the second time just now. Stag dropped glimmer dust and the tree dropped a purple flower petal ... Better than wood!! Hahah

What is the timer length on the fully upgraded tree and the stag?

arikasi
06-21-16, 07:12 PM

Hid you manage to get out if it each collection?
Edit: Found the post where you said it was two every three hrs.

Also how many nectar from the Dahlia?

Thank you! Trying to work out how many trees I can make.

nateryd
06-21-16, 07:22 PM

I have no idea because I quickly just used my gems. Didn't have anywhere near that many trade tickets.

nateryd
06-21-16, 07:25 PM
What is the timer length on the fully upgraded tree and the stag?

once a day :)

bien1119
06-21-16, 07:27 PM
Hi All,

I'm stuck at Part 5 goal 3.
Can't seem to find the forest raccoons.

Pls help.

meme1098
06-21-16, 07:31 PM
Chopping trees spawn the raccoons. First make sure you don't have another beast somewhere on your board.

neeny54
06-21-16, 07:44 PM
well it seems my rant has been deleted, I still think they could have done better with some explanations you water trees you update buildings so why would you logically think of I will upgrade this tree, you wouldn't I have spent 3 days & 100 gems trying to grow this stupid sapling. Now it's too late to finish this stupid pointless challenge. How about some hints on how to do these challenges. I really feel like deleting this game & I know I won't spend another gem in this game EVER,!!

farabara
06-21-16, 07:47 PM
After Chapter 4 you have a list of all the trees we can use for this event BUT YOUR LIST IS WRONG! I was using Oak trees but because of the 30 minute wait I decided to switch to White Birch trees when I saw your list. I purchased SEVEN of them, watered them five times and started chopping. I'm not getting any Forest Wood and instead of Forest Raccons I'm getting skunkupines!! I am now behind on finishing my quest because I still need five Forest Wood to make the Forest Essence 😡

SpiritWind00
06-21-16, 07:52 PM
After Chapter 4 you have a list of all the trees we can use for this event BUT YOUR LIST IS WRONG! I was using Oak trees but because of the 30 minute wait I decided to switch to White Birch trees when I saw your list. I purchased SEVEN of them, watered them five times and started chopping. I'm not getting any Forest Wood and instead of Forest Raccons I'm getting skunkupines!! I am now behind on finishing my quest because I still need five Forest Wood to make the Forest Essence ��
This list is of all trees available in the market and their grow time to help you decide which ones you want to grow and how long they take. All trees seem to spawn raccoons however, they just seem incredibly random.

This post (649 (http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?92252-Castle-Story-6-16-Update-Essence-of-the-Forest-%28TIMED-OPTIONAL%29&p=1311343&viewfull=1#post1311343)) back a couple of pages recorded drops if you want to take a look.

arikasi
06-21-16, 07:53 PM
So has the tree been misclassified within the code as nature or tree, and not building?
This could explain why it cant be stored.

Can we store a level 6 tree?
How many gems does it cost for the upgrade items, like nectar, potions etc?

xtinem070672
06-21-16, 07:56 PM
Oh no that looks so different from the starting quest picture.

What happened to his middle?? It looks like they tried to lengthen him (unsuccessfully!)

nothingness101
06-21-16, 07:56 PM
Is anyone else having a problem with forest spirits? It seems like every third racoon that I slay doesn't drop a forest spirit, just a blue star. When this happens I will force a restart, but then it will happen again. This is becoming very frustrating.

kdgulle
06-21-16, 07:58 PM
Is anyone else having a problem with forest spirits? It seems like every third racoon that I slay doesn't drop a forest spirit, just a blue star. When this happens I will force a restart, but then it will happen again. This is becoming very frustrating.

You do not get a forest spirit with every raccoon you slay, I've gone with 3 raccoons in a row dropping nothing.

ladyperidot
06-21-16, 08:16 PM

I have the purple cow so I'm typically maxed on purple petals and purple ink. Glimmer dust is easily attainable from many sources. Given the intense nature of this event ( like the fact that you need 25 neighbor response but can only get 20 plus stormy in one day) the drops should be better!

bald1e
06-21-16, 08:38 PM
What happened to his middle?? It looks like they tried to lengthen him (unsuccessfully!)

Think it's the dachshund (sausage dog) version lol

Gln4
06-21-16, 08:42 PM
Need help. Started on Chapter 6 at midnight but just got thistle. Didn't know next step was timed, so lost thistle. Any way to retrieve it?

Gln4

riverly
06-21-16, 08:45 PM
Well I think I've hit a brick wall with the forest extracts. I was really hoping it would have multiple drops with a 3 hour wait period, but NO! Can't have that can we? Pooey!! Not using gems!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

PrincessCupOButter
06-21-16, 08:48 PM
Need help. Started on Chapter 6 at midnight but just got thistle. Didn't know next step was timed, so lost thistle. Any way to retrieve it?

Gln4

The thistle step is not timed. (Aside from the timer on the entire quest, that is)
It has a timer. (Collection time is every three hours)
After you collected from Thomas, the thistle plant went into your storage.
Look for it in inventory.

riverly
06-21-16, 08:50 PM
Need help. Started on Chapter 6 at midnight but just got thistle. Didn't know next step was timed, so lost thistle.

Gln4how did you lose your thistle? Could it be in your inventory?

cyndora
06-21-16, 09:13 PM
that poor stag.... what happened to him lol

did ivy get to him?
was it the trolls?
was it the paranoid sir thurston?
was it.....old thomas!!! gasp!

force close your game to find out.

rst345
06-21-16, 10:00 PM
Many thanks to dragongold1, ashanthya and others who share their results & discoveries. It really does help. With pictures posted of stag I can take a pass on him. The zombie fairy is enough for me. Could someone post a picture of their Level 6 tree? I like the tree at level 2 & 3. Could stop here with the posted drops. I have many sources of those drops. Picture anyone? Thanks

riverly
06-21-16, 10:10 PM
I just read that completing chapter 6 helps with the next two chapters. Not giving up yet. Trudging onward.

BriarAvenue
06-21-16, 10:30 PM
Hi, Spiritwood00

Could you advise on the requirement for upgrading the tree to level 6 pls?
Is 1 Forest Magic all that's required ?

"Chapter 10 Goal 3 Craft Forest Magic. Forest Magic 10 Forest Extracts, 10 Forest Blooms, 1 petal Potion. 2 hours to craft
Chapter 10 Goal 4 - Collect from level 6 Forest Tree."

RikkaAnrui
06-21-16, 10:31 PM
Well the sheer impossibility of decent drops, energy drain, and that none of these items are useful after the short event in ceasing at chapter six. I thought the stag was cute but this isn't fair to people even if they had all this time on their hands.

nateryd
06-21-16, 10:34 PM
Many thanks to dragongold1, ashanthya and others who share their results & discoveries. It really does help. With pictures posted of stag I can take a pass on him. The zombie fairy is enough for me. Could someone post a picture of their Level 6 tree? I like the tree at level 2 & 3. Could stop here with the posted drops. I have many sources of those drops. Picture anyone? Thanks

I would gladly post a picture of a level 6 tree... But I can't seem to able to post a picture on here?! How does one do that?

yummy_bistro
06-21-16, 10:41 PM
why slay the racoons? They are so cute

RevdKathy
06-21-16, 11:04 PM
I would like to finish this, but between the glitch meaning I lost my thistle for a couple of hours, being in work with a Real Job, and the dear thing only dropping one every three hours, needing 7 items from it means I shall be several hours late starting the next chapter. Just hoping today is a slightly easier day.

SpiritWind00
06-21-16, 11:38 PM
Hi, SpiritWind

Could you advise on the requirement for upgrading the tree to level 6 pls?
Is 1 Forest Magic all that's required ?

"Chapter 10 Goal 3 Craft Forest Magic. Forest Magic 10 Forest Extracts, 10 Forest Blooms, 1 petal Potion. 2 hours to craft
Chapter 10 Goal 4 - Collect from level 6 Forest Tree."
I do have it in post 3 but I've also added it to post 1... ;)

S8 checking on timing of the tree with Devs about this too...

(Corrected my name ;))

paisdelasmaravillas
06-22-16, 12:17 AM
The first goal of chapter 7, is visit ivy's hut, and give forest dahlia. It's the same that the first goal of chapter 6.
Forest dahlia goes to inventory, and you need to place it.
I've forced close and restart the game before to visit ivy and I haven't had any problem

rst345
06-22-16, 12:30 AM
I would gladly post a picture of a level 6 tree... But I can't seem to able to post a picture on here?! How does one do that?
I do not know how to post pics either. SpiritWind could you explain how to post pics please? And thanks for all you do.

katbtodd
06-22-16, 12:48 AM
I decided to plant a few of almost every tree, only grew the trees that only take up 1x1 square. Don't have room for bigger trees. I did this to see if there was much difference in what each tree dropped for this event. Here are my results.
I chopped 3 of each tree, except White Birch. After getting nothing from 2 in a row I didn't feel like wasting the energy on a third. I did double check to make sure I didn't have a moster in my kingdon, I didn't. And when I moved onto the Red Acer everything worked fine so I know it was that the Birch simply didn't give me anything.

Trees are listed in order of how fast they grow. Since I figure faster growing trees would also be preferred over trees that take longer to grow.

Crab apple trees
1st = 1 raccoon, 1 spirit, 3 forest wood
2nd = 6 raccoon, 2 spirit, 1 forest wood
3rd tree = 4 raccoon, 2 spirit, 1 forest wood

Aspen tree
1st tree = 1 raccoon, 1 spirit, 1 forest wood,
2nd tree = 2 raccoon, 1 spirit, 1 forest wood,
3rd tree = 2 raccoon

yellow acer
1 tree = no raccoon, 4 forest wood
2nd tree = 2 raccoon plus 2 spirit, 2 forest wood
3rd tree = 2 raccoons, 1 spirit, 2 forest wood

White Birch
1st tree = nothing at all.
2nd tree = nothing at all.

Rec Acer
1st tree = 3 raccoons, 2 spirits, 1 forest wood
2nd tree = 4 raccoons, 2 spirits, 2 forest wood
3rd tree = 2 raccoon, 2 spirit, 2 forest wood

Pine tree
1st tree = 2 raccoons, 2 spirits, 1 forest wood
2nd tree = 2 raccoon, 1 forest wood
3rd tree= 2 raccoon, 2 spirit, 1 forest wood

oak tree
1st tree = 1 forest wood
2nd tree= 4 raccoon, 3 spirit, 1 forest wood
3rd tree = 2 raccoon, 2 spirit, 1 forest wood

White birch I got the fang beast

federerGOAT
06-22-16, 12:55 AM
Chapter 10 Goal 2 Collect Forest Blooms from Paradise Bloom. (These can be used to make Forest Magic.) Need 5x. First collection gave me 6 Forest Blooms. REWARD OF 1 forest magic
Chapter 10 Goal 3 Craft Forest Magic. Forest Magic 10 Forest Extracts, 10 Forest Blooms, 1 petal Potion. 2 hours to craft
Chapter 10 Goal 4 - Collect from level 6 Forest Tree.

Level 6 upgrade is: 50 water, 1 forest essence, 50 forest nectar, 4 forest magic
The timer changes on the tree from 1 hour to (I think) 22 hours. I have a call in to S8 about this as maths indicated may not be possible.... Watch this space!

End!;)

To grow a Forest Sapling to Level 6 Forest Tree: 180 waters, 130 saps, 42 forest seeds, 160 forest petals, 100 forest nectars, 45 forest woods, 30 forest spirits, 61 forest extracts, 40 forest blooms.

The above total includes the following crafted items: 13 Petal Potions (130 forest petals, 130 sap), 3 Forest Essences (45 forest wood, 30 forest spirits, 21 forest extract), and 4 Forest Magics (40 forest extracts, 40 forest blooms, 4 Petal Potions {see above}).

Working off ashanthya's post.
Can dragongold1 or anyone else that has finished help?
Do we only need to craft 3 more Forest Magics to upgrade the tree to level 6, as we a given one as a reward for Chapter 10, Goal 2?

I'm only up to Chapter 6, but am prepping ahead and want to know whether it is enough to have 30 forest extracts, 30 forest blooms and 3 petal potions, instead of the amounts listed by ashanthya.

MynesDinner
06-22-16, 01:07 AM
I have chopped at least a dozen trees and no raccoons! What trees I'm I suppose to chop?

vidirose
06-22-16, 01:19 AM

Level 4 Tree31836

coldfire0101
06-22-16, 01:34 AM
The raccoons seem to have dried up after finishing chapter 5. Chopped over a dozen trees and not one raccoon

newzealander
06-22-16, 02:11 AM
Can anyone tell me if they have ever had more than one Nectar from the Forest Dahlia? I have had two collections now, with one each time. I need 20 to upgrade my tree, then another 30 tomorrow. That's 50 in the next 42 hours. IF I never sleep, never miss an hour, and collect ever hour on the dot, I cannot do this, yet alone if I have a life.

Is it just me, or is this impossible?

06-22-16, 02:13 AM
Are the raccoons supposed to kick back energy like all other beasts, or are they different? I am not getting any energy return from them, and not to sound redundant, but it is really draining. It is making it really difficult to progress at all when your energy is depleted so quickly! Ugh

ladyknightkeladry
06-22-16, 02:15 AM
I have chopped at least a dozen trees and no raccoons! What trees I'm I suppose to chop?

You have a fangbeast on your board. Raccoons are monsters so they won't appear if you already have a monster on there. You'll need to defeat the fangbeast before chopping trees to get them to appear.

Are the raccoons supposed to kick back energy like all other beasts, or are they different? I am not getting any energy return from them, and not to sound redundant, but it is really draining. It is making it really difficult to progress at all when your energy is depleted so quickly! Ugh

No, you're not supposed to get an energy return. They're just a huge energy-suck.

azriX2012
06-22-16, 02:16 AM
Can anyone tell me if they have ever had more than one Nectar from the Forest Dahlia? I have had two collections now, with one each time. I need 20 to upgrade my tree, then another 30 tomorrow. That's 50 in the next 42 hours. IF I never sleep, never miss an hour, and collect ever hour on the dot, I cannot do this, yet alone if I have a life.

Sometimes three or five drops.

SpiritWind00
06-22-16, 02:17 AM
No they're different. They don't return any energy, just the random Forest Spirit.

ladyknightkeladry
06-22-16, 02:28 AM

Here's a screenshot of a neighbor's level 6 tree.

http://forums.storm8.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=31838

paisdelasmaravillas
06-22-16, 02:34 AM

In my two firsts collections I obtain 1 and 3 nectar from forest dahlia

My third collection only one

alexsjusa
06-22-16, 02:54 AM
The raccoons seem to have dried up after finishing chapter 5. Chopped over a dozen trees and not one raccoon

I had some success with the red acer and the oak I believe!

alexsjusa
06-22-16, 03:05 AM
Ok I'm way behind and I still can't find my thistle! It's not in my inventory!

suejp
06-22-16, 03:05 AM
I have been visiting old Thomas' house since yesterday to get Forest Thistles for chapter 6 goal 2. I haven't got one yet. I am now behind. What am I doing wrong?

Wish I'd saved my energy and concentrated on Wisp Lanterns and expanding rather than this challenge.

SpiritWind00
06-22-16, 03:17 AM
Ok I'm way behind and I still can't find my thistle! It's not in my inventory!
Force close your game a few times and check again. Are you sure you haven't placed it already?

I have been visiting old Thomas' house since yesterday to get Forest Thistles for chapter 6 goal 2. I haven't got one yet. I am now behind. What am I doing wrong?

Wish I'd saved my energy and concentrated on Wisp Lanterns and expanding rather than this challenge.
the thistle is a plant which you place on the board. It dropped the first collection from Old Thomas's house. As above, if not in inventory, force close your game till it appears. :)

newzealander
06-22-16, 03:19 AM
Sometimes three or five drops.

thanks for the feedback - there's hope!

alexsjusa
06-22-16, 03:22 AM
Wait a minute I figured it out!

alexsjusa
06-22-16, 03:23 AM
Force close your game a few times and check again. Are you sure you haven't placed it already?

the thistle is a plant which you place on the board. It dropped the first collection from Old Thomas's house. As above, if not in inventory, force close your game till it appears. :)

Thanks I got it! I apparently had it since last night and didn't know!

jbfps116
06-22-16, 03:53 AM
why is there a goal to get 75 seeds when after tree level 3 you dont' need them ?!?!?!?

FlowerBurst
06-22-16, 04:06 AM
Wait a minute I figured it out!

How? I have two neighbors I have been trying to help with this but nothing seems to work!

Was it in your inventory the whole time? Any specifics might help me to help them!

SpiritWind00
06-22-16, 04:12 AM
Flowerburst, mine went awol from when it dropped (and I know it did cause I took pictures for the guide), but then later when I got home and placed it is was missing. I force closed a couple of times and it returned to where my picture said it was. I would suggest you tell your neighbours to force close (copy/paste my shortcut text if you want to below) and check they haven't already placed it but lost it. Tell them to look for a bobbing watering can out of place.

✳️ Force close: double click home screen, swipe up and off the screen the thumbnail pics. This clears device memory.

FlowerBurst
06-22-16, 04:33 AM
Flowerburst, mine went awol from when it dropped (and I know it did cause I took pictures for the guide), but then later when I got home and placed it is was missing. I force closed a couple of times and it returned to where my picture said it was. I would suggest you tell your neighbours to force close (copy/paste my shortcut text if you want to below) and check they haven't already placed it but lost it. Tell them to look for a bobbing watering can out of place.

✳️ Force close: double click home screen, swipe up and off the screen the thumbnail pics. This clears device memory.

Thank you! I will let them know!

✳️Worked for one...the other one contacted Support.

derekpizzaking
06-22-16, 04:38 AM
Chapter 9:
Goal 1
Goal 2
Goal 3
Chapter 9 Goal 1 ask neighbors for Forest Stones. Need 25 of them skip for 20 gems.
Chapter 9 Goal 2 Trade with the Baron, (maybe a Royal Supply Crate) x 4. may skip for 20 gems. You need 40 trade tickets for this)
Chapter 9 Goal 3 Search for the Paradise Blooms. Search button took me to the Mine clicked it and it completed first try. May skip for 20 gems.

So I was reading through the goals and although I am on chapter 6, I am wondering about chapter 9 goal 2. It says we need 40 trade tickets? It takes me forever to make 30 trade tickets let alone 40. As it is I am on 29 of 30. Why so many trade tickets?

QueenEverly
06-22-16, 05:38 AM
It's absurd to require 40 trade tickets for a timed event. Unless someone already has them sitting around (and most of us will have just under 30 at most, because we'll trade for an expansion permit once we hit 30!) there's absolutely no way to obtain them without gems. I realize that's exactly why they're making us do it, but I hate not being able to take on the challenge without using gems. To me, it's less fun if I just gem through things.

I'm also a bit annoyed that the spirits don't drop with every raccoon - I'm already using a ton of energy to get the darn things to spawn, the least they could do is have a spirit drop with each one!

Although, aside from those two complaints, it really is a neat quest. It's just a shame that I won't be able to do it without gems!

suejp
06-22-16, 05:51 AM

Thanks for your help, I was confused. I thought I had to collect 3 more thistles.

PrincessCelestian
06-22-16, 06:03 AM
I grew 10 white birch trees. I have chopped 7 down now and no forest raccoons. And before they were spawning like crazy. So I am guessing that white birch trees aren't a good source of raccoons

ashley224
06-22-16, 06:04 AM
Has anyone decided to try to upgrade a second tree? If so, how is it going? At what level do we lose the ability to collect forest seeds? If you are at a high level and can still adventure for forest seeds, please let me know.

azriX2012
06-22-16, 06:12 AM
Has anyone decided to try to upgrade a second tree? If so, how is it going? At what level do we lose the ability to collect forest seeds? If you are at a high level and can still adventure for forest seeds, please let me know.

By the end of this day I will upgrade my 1st tree to lvl6 and then starting leveling up my 2nd tree to lvl3. I'm on chapter 10 goal 4 and I still can get forest seeds, although I stoped doing the adventures two days ago as soon I realized I don't need all those 75 seeds to upgrade the 2nd tree.

katbtodd
06-22-16, 06:36 AM
I grew 10 white birch trees. I have chopped 7 down now and no forest raccoons. And before they were spawning like crazy. So I am guessing that white birch trees aren't a good source of raccoons

White birch , I get fang beast still no raccoon there

kdmusgrove
06-22-16, 06:48 AM
why is there a goal to get 75 seeds when after tree level 3 you dont' need them ?!?!?!?

I've been wondering that as well. I am thinking of stopping those adventures bc i could use the energy from the regular ones and I could also stop collecting strawberries and making swords. I just hate to stop doing it to find out later that we somehow somewhere do need all those stupid seeds. This event is not turning out to be as fun as some of the others...

Tamochan
06-22-16, 07:08 AM

I had no monster.
I had oak and aspen and the red and yellow trees.
I used over 120 energy chopping trees and got..... Wood.
The very first raccoon spawned first time, but once i ****ed him, nothing.
I did get two fangbeast and a skunkupine, but no raccoon.
And yes, i did force close more than once.

At this point i gave up on the event.

TMM52
06-22-16, 07:15 AM
I've been trying to get forest raccoon for 2 days! I chop many different trees and nothing. I click on sawmill nothing. This is impossible 2 finish. Maybe I'll just stop again. Urg

sanni2410
06-22-16, 07:26 AM
Cant get Thistle , visit old Thomas House 4 Times but Never got Thistles, how??????

ashley224
06-22-16, 07:27 AM
By the end of this day I will upgrade my 1st tree to lvl6 and then starting leveling up my 2nd tree to lvl3. I'm on chapter 10 goal 4 and I still can get forest seeds, although I stoped doing the adventures two days ago as soon I realized I don't need all those 75 seeds to upgrade the 2nd tree.

Thank you

cyndora
06-22-16, 07:34 AM
i have 2 trees sitting on level 3 and they look gorgeous just the way they are.( seriously great job on the lower level design of the trees, higher level looks too busy ) i will keep them at level 3.
the expansion permits take way to long to make , just to give them away, and parts of me feel like a expansion update is coming and i want to be prepared so i dont have to buy the permit/ lantern bundles.....( not confirmed, but just the way its going, it feels like that to me.)
the stags drops rank up there for me as the petting zoo....not worth the time/resources for the rewards. he looks cute in the picture, not so much the actual reward...( maybe a easy fix ...)
good luck to all the players out there still continuing this storybroke quest , too my neighbors that are left and still playing and need requests, please send them i will respond for you.

happy tapping!
xox
cyn

HappyHeartBakery
06-22-16, 07:44 AM
If you need more iron ore for your swords, purchase Iron Rich Rock for 5,200 coins in the market - under Nature - other. I'm more concerned about chapter 9 ... 40 trade tickets in one day?? I had recently exchanged my trade tickets for an expansion permit.. :(

Yup - been buying the Iron Rich Rock:) Think I'll be lucky to even make it to CH 9 :(

1Crazyhead
06-22-16, 07:48 AM
Has anyone else had problems getting the forest thistle from old Thomas's house? Got the first one, but it isn't giving up any more! Have force closed, and checked the inventory.

ashley224
06-22-16, 07:58 AM
Has anyone else had problems getting the forest thistle from old Thomas's house? Got the first one, but it isn't giving up any more! Have force closed, and checked the inventory.

Not there yet, but this issue has been addressed many times in this forum. My understanding is that you only get one, and now you collect from the one you have. If you read through the previous posts, and post 1,I'm sure your problem will be resolved.

xtinem070672
06-22-16, 08:04 AM

You received the thistle plant the first visit to Old Thomas. Check your inventory for the thistle plant, you may have to search back quite a bit to find it. After you place the thistle plant in your kingdom that is when you collect from it.

Chap 6 Goal 2- Find Forest Extract from Forest Thistle 0/3 - Forest Thistle has a 3 hour timer. 3 gems to speed up

Hope this helps!

PrincessCupOButter
06-22-16, 08:08 AM
Not there yet, but this issue has been addressed many times in this forum. My understanding is that you only get one, and now you collect from the one you have. If you read through the previous posts, and post 1,I'm sure your problem will be resolved.

I'm thinking S8 could have solved this problem by simply having the plant pop-up with the option to place or store it. (Much like the gift boxes from adventures). It almost seems deliberately confusing, doesn't it? Wish I had a gem for every lost thistle! ;)

For those heading into chapter 7....the Dahlia does the same thing. Visit Ivy, then check your inventory. You may have to force close a few times before it shows up. (I didn't. Lucky me.) Place the plant on the board and collect from it to get the materials needed for part 2. (The Dahlia can be collected from hourly--it has a one hour timer)

therealseal1
06-22-16, 08:41 AM
This has been an extremely energy intense event so far. Just to get the forest essence alone for upgrades is upwards of 500 energy it seems. Don't even get me started on the trade tickets. Then to top it all off, the absurd timer on the last tree upgrade. This event is definitely not friendly to lower level players at all. Even as a newer level 50 active player this is difficult. I understand that they want some people to buy gems for events, but this event is only possible to complete for insanely active players or insane gem users. All of this after the "it which will not be named for fear of forum ban" fiasco. I will use earned gems for the trade tickets, but nothing else. If I can't earn the stag at that point, I'm just calling it quits on the game. With the exception of the last event, every event has been getting progressively more difficult to complete without the use of gems.

ashley224
06-22-16, 08:43 AM
I'm sure many of us would pay gems for a pet raccoon, especially if one could collect useful items from it.

asikosan
06-22-16, 10:37 AM
I did have someone check and looks like you have now completed this goal. :)

yes! it was finally fixed , thank you! :)

Snackycakes25
06-22-16, 11:02 AM
Sorry if someone already asked this, but is there any reason to finish Parts 3 or 4 of these additional goals? You no longer need Forest Seeds after Chapter 4 and there are no rewards for these side goals. Basically, we're just wasting strawberries and swords?

my2place
06-22-16, 11:14 AM
I have to thank everyone on the forum for all the input and hard work reporting and working ahead! After reading all the info, sadly I have decided to stop working on this quest. I will not have 40 trade tickets and will not spend gems to get them, I do not like the way the forest tree looks at higher levels, and the drops of finished tree and stag do not seem worth all the work, so I've decided to stop wasting resources sooner rather than later. Oh well, sigh :(

PrincessCupOButter
06-22-16, 11:19 AM
Sorry if someone already asked this, but is there any reason to finish Parts 3 or 4 of these additional goals? You no longer need Forest Seeds after Chapter 4 and there are no rewards for these side goals. Basically, we're just wasting strawberries and swords?

Yep, wasting strawberries and swords. And wasting much needed energy too, collecting the strawberries and iron ore.
I feel bad for anyone who skips them with gems, thinking they are necessary. Or worse, accidentally, as was posted earlier. :(

bald1e
06-22-16, 11:19 AM

No need to complete them as they are only for guiding you to chapter goals in the end.

mimiamelia
06-22-16, 11:21 AM
As usual, the amount of energy and resources we have to devote to this goal are far greater than the reward we receive in the end. This is almost as bad, if not worse, than the petting zoo event. I apologize for sounding so critical. Good luck to the people still trying! For me, I've missed so many events already that one more missed-event wouldn't make that much difference.

undead30k
06-22-16, 11:22 AM
Extracts and Nectars seem to drop 1-3

Extracts have been giving 2 mainly

Nectars have been giving 3 lately

room27
06-22-16, 11:27 AM
I have to thank everyone on the forum for all the input and hard work reporting and working ahead! After reading all the info, sadly I have decided to stop working on this quest. I will not have 40 trade tickets and will not spend gems to get them, I do not like the way the forest tree looks at higher levels, and the drops of finished tree and stag do not seem worth all the work, so I've decided to stop wasting resources sooner rather than later. Oh well, sigh :(

Ditto on everything you said. Thanks to everyone who's kept us informed! I, also, will not spend trade tickets, and/or gems (whether bought or earned) for these worthless 'prizes.' The tree is gaudy at Level 6, and the stag looks like it took a wrong turn through a sawmill. Another botched up piece of artwork. One ugly moth-like creature flying through my kingdom is enough. Funny, it was the artwork that originally Hooked me on CS.

Anyway, I've been playing since one month after the game began. Long time. I've never not completed a quest, timed or otherwise. This one will remain incomplete by choice. This will be my first. Sad. It's just not worth it anymore.

Good luck to all who choose to continue. I will be checking in regularly to support my neighbors who need stones or whatever the 25 neighbor requests is. Thank you, everyone.

ladyperidot
06-22-16, 11:30 AM
i have 2 trees sitting on level 3 and they look gorgeous just the way they are.( seriously great job on the lower level design of the trees, higher level looks too busy ) i will keep them at level 3.
the expansion permits take way to long to make , just to give them away, and parts of me feel like a expansion update is coming and i want to be prepared so i dont have to buy the permit/ lantern bundles.....( not confirmed, but just the way its going, it feels like that to me.)
the stags drops rank up there for me as the petting zoo....not worth the time/resources for the rewards. he looks cute in the picture, not so much the actual reward...( maybe a easy fix ...)
good luck to all the players out there still continuing this storybroke quest , too my neighbors that are left and still playing and need requests, please send them i will respond for you.

happy tapping!
xox
cyn

I will most likely not worry about finishing this either. It looks impossible to finish without spending gems given the requirements of charts 9 and 10. i don't need another source of wood and the stag looks better in the hook picture than in reality.

meme1098
06-22-16, 11:32 AM
Ditto on everything you said. Thanks to everyone who's kept us informed! I, also, will not spend trade tickets, and/or gems (whether bought or earned) for these worthless 'prizes.' The tree is gaudy at Level 6, and the stag looks like it took a wrong turn through a sawmill. Another botched up piece of artwork. One ugly moth-like creature flying through my kingdom is enough. Funny, it was the artwork that originally Hooked me on CS.

Anyway, I've been playing since one month after the game began. Long time. I've never not completed a quest, timed or otherwise. This one will remain incomplete by choice. This will be my first. Sad. It's just not worth it anymore.

Good luck to all who choose to continue. I will be checking in regularly to support my neighbors who need stones or whatever the 25 neighbor requests is. Thank you, everyone.

This made me spit out my drink a little.:D. Thanks for the laugh!
After all the other posts I've read, it appears many will be leaving this quest undone. I'm sure I'll be there with all ya'll soon for the exact same reasons.

PrincessCupOButter
06-22-16, 11:41 AM

I agree with you 100%! :D @ the stag & sawmill! This will be the first time I've not finished a quest either. The need to use gems to complete it has left a bad taste in my mouth. Plus, the prize isn't something I would buy with gems anyway. And since, as of now, the tree cannot be stored, I don't want it on the board at level 6. I'm hoping to see a pic of level 5 before I decide if I will upgrade that far or not.

I will be answering requests from neighbors as much as possible. Good luck everyone!

room27
06-22-16, 11:47 AM
To PrincessCupOButter:

I'm sorry. I do not know how that quote got there in the first place. That's why I deleted it in a moment of panic when I saw it was there. I do hope I have not offended you as I thoroughly enjoy reading your posts and keep wishing you would accept more neighbors so I could apply.

My apologies.

PrincessCupOButter
06-22-16, 11:57 AM
To PrincessCupOButter:

I'm sorry. I do not know how that quote got there in the first place. That's why I deleted it in a moment of panic when I saw it was there. I do hope I have not offended you as I thoroughly enjoy reading your posts and keep wishing you would accept more neighbors so I could apply.

My apologies.

Aww, thanks! No apologies necessary and no offense taken! :)

I had the same thing happen earlier in the thread...quotes appeared that I don't recall selecting. :confused:

I've edited my post to remove the reference. I really did start this event with high hopes. It makes me kind of sad.

06-22-16, 12:02 PM
I have finally decided to not finish this event. Everything I have read about the stag and forest tree does not seem worth all the work to get them. And honestly I prefer my forest tree's appearance at its current level three than the picture I have seen of the level 6. I might grow it to level four but still need to compare the images more. Does anyone have an image of the forest tree at level five? Thank you for all your help everyone in relaying the stats and instructions for the event so far! 💛 This forum is amazing, and lol I would be no where in my game without it.

my2place
06-22-16, 12:06 PM
I've never not completed a quest, timed or otherwise. This one will remain incomplete by choice. This will be my first. Sad. It's just not worth it anymore.

Yes, first time here too that I am not finishing a quest and even worse, that I'm doing it by choice - leaves me with such a sad feeling. But yes, will be here to support neighbors and anyone that needs my help!

06-22-16, 12:17 PM
Yes, first time here too that I am not finishing a quest and even worse, that I'm doing it by choice - leaves me with such a sad feeling. But yes, will be here to support neighbors and anyone that needs my help!

It is a sad feeling! I am disappointed and bummed, but I can't bend over backwards to try and get something that is not even remotely worth it. I too will be there to help anyone who does need it though! Good luck to everyone still continuing!

If needing a friend for requests and resources, feel free to add me.

clarontinalisa
06-22-16, 12:21 PM

I feel very sad too. I have played since the valentines version a few years ago and this is the only game to keep me playing for so long. Many quests have been a challenge but doable with a lot of planning. Now to have it impossible is disappointing and for the first time makes me want to quit the game. Such a shame!

undead30k
06-22-16, 12:21 PM
For the long term players this is not the first time we completed a quest that used a ton of resources and the prizes either gave us useless drops or was just a decoration. That part doesn't bother me much.

Because let's say storm8 gave us a really great prize for completing this and then a month later decided that it was a mistake...poof.. Now it's a decoration.

I have stuff in storage I earned for completing events and can't display because of the lack of space anyway. There is a level of satisfaction completing quests without using gems or spending money, but that wouldn't be possible if it weren't for the players that do speed ahead and for the mods trying to help us

Very glad this is a timed event so it's not necessary for the story, because 40 trade tickets is insane to give.

ladyperidot
06-22-16, 12:34 PM
I will most likely not worry about finishing this either. It looks impossible to finish without spending gems given the requirements of charts 9 and 10. i don't need another source of wood and the stag looks better in the hook picture than in reality.

For my neighbors out there who are forging ahead, I will certainly respond to requests for whatever. Good luck.