PDA

View Full Version : New Mining Dragons: Stalactite and Stalagmite

AuroraLava
06-14-16, 02:49 PM
Which will you craft first? 150 parts needed.

Stalactite Dragon: Super Rare. Stone, Blue. Incubation 26 hours.

Stalagmite Dragon:Super Rare. Stone, Red. Incubation 26 hours.

moonchild1987
06-14-16, 02:53 PM
I know they like to wait to tell us when they expire but since they are trying something new it would be nice if they could let us know?

Edit: Going for Stalactite first, I like him more :)

Clark_Wayne
06-14-16, 03:00 PM
i hope we will have enough time to craft both :D

Anaboe
06-14-16, 03:02 PM
Wow! We need 300 pieces to craft both! That's hard, very hard work for those without a Bomb-dragon!

And they're both cute! Atleast, as babies...

Spenner33
06-14-16, 03:08 PM
I hope they give us twice as long for these ones, we'll need it.

MaribouMay
06-14-16, 03:40 PM
Wow! We need 300 pieces to craft both! That's hard, very hard work for those without a Bomb-dragon!

And they're both cute! Atleast, as babies...

What a coincidence that there is a new bomb producing dragon on sale. ;-)

Sandybellee
06-14-16, 03:56 PM
This is an easy choice for me: I'll craft stalagmite first and go for the other one if there's time.

athenageez
06-14-16, 04:30 PM
As long as we have the same amount of time as the last few I should be able to get both. I'm never not evolving so I've been able to get two each of the last few mining dragons even without a bomb producing dragon. Def want the blue one first :D

Clark_Wayne
06-14-16, 04:31 PM
This is an easy choice for me: I'll craft stalagmite first and go for the other one if there's time.

i will craft stalagmite first too : cuter than stalagtite ;)

zenkitty99
06-14-16, 06:00 PM
I hope they give us twice as long for these ones, we'll need it.

I hope so too!!! Without a bomb producing dragon, and being a lousy miner, I only just manage to get one crafting dragon before time's up. I'm going to struggle to get these two in the usual timeframe.

saghaven
06-14-16, 06:49 PM
Is the mine not open for anyone else? The dragons are in the craft shop but the mine isn't open.

MaribouMay
06-14-16, 07:08 PM
i will craft stalagmite first too : cuter than stalagtite ;)

Another vote for Stalagmite. I like the body style of Stalagtite, but those horns hanging down on its head are, well, fugly.

MaribouMay
06-14-16, 07:09 PM
Is the mine not open for anyone else? The dragons are in the craft shop but the mine isn't open.

I had to force close and reopen my game.

bakerystoe
06-14-16, 07:41 PM
Stalagmite

moonchild1987
06-14-16, 07:49 PM
Another vote for Stalagmite. I like the body style of Stalagtite, but those horns hanging down on its head are, well, fugly.

Haha. I think he looks more like a goat than a dragon, lol.

Bastiaan0
06-14-16, 09:37 PM
Won't have any problems crafting both, even without BPD. Which one to craft first? Doesn't matter. They're both nice :)

belarica
06-14-16, 10:57 PM
Won't have any problems crafting both, even without BPD. Which one to craft first? Doesn't matter. They're both nice :)

That's what I told my sister. I'm getting both, it doesn't matter which is first.

monbohn
06-15-16, 12:32 AM
I've never collected enough to craft more than one dragon. In fact, I often struggle at the end to get enough for one. I'm going to try since I like them both but I'll go for Stalactite first...he's a different looking dragon. :)

31aug2002
06-15-16, 12:58 AM
Definitely going for both.... Which one first don't matter. Don't have a BPD.. But no matter .... Ahh the evolution temple is going to be working overtime. Have a long queue of dragons waiting to be evolved.
Wish they could give us another evolution temple.
Sorry if this is common knowledge but does evolving Arctic isle Dragons give you bombs?

BlackKat9
06-15-16, 02:52 AM
Going for both. 300 pieces should be possible. It's nice to get the chance for two dragons this time, great change! I'm going for Stalactite first.

As far as I know only the main island evolution temple will give you bombs. I haven't seen an increase during the leaderboard event, the only time I use the Arctic isles rift now.

Niire
06-15-16, 03:05 AM
I like both, but will do stalactite first. The horns...actually, I think they're perfect for that dragon. Stalactites drip and form stalagmites, his horns drooping like that is so fitting. :)

hiabarara
06-15-16, 04:40 AM
I'll go for Stalactite first. Stalagmite has a really normal form, so I find Stalactite more interesting.

I actually never considered such an idea - To be able to choose between two dragons. It's a nice and new idea. I think 300 should be possible, even without BPD. I managed to get multiple of the 200 pieces dragons (now I'm not doing that anymore; I'm way too lazy for that :D), so it should be doable.
I'm only worried how much they'll increase the amount of pieces. Many people write they have hundreds of bombs ready, so maybe that's the plan all along and soon we'll need 300 pieces for one dragon and they have two or three available in the mine :rolleyes:

Niire
06-15-16, 04:49 AM
Yea, I don't have any BPD's, and pretty certain I can get both. I have sooo many dragons that need evolving, lol.

Wanted to edit...and add that this is a great idea, gives those of us who are hardcore evolvers, or folks who have BPD's, we can get 2 different dragons either way. Pretty much anyone with enough time and determination can get em. :)

31aug2002
06-15-16, 04:54 AM
Hope they increase the time required to get them both . As for number of pieces they have reduced it per dragon.
I remember collecting 200 for the cursed idol.. Which was my first mining dragon I crafted.
The last one, the Trinket dragon , had to collect 170 only .
Even in the battle arena the number of pieces required has been reduced from 99 to 70 if I remember correctly

amerirish
06-15-16, 05:58 AM
Wow! What a great idea!! :D Love both dragons!

Stalactite Dragon

Rarity: Super Rare
Type: Stone Blue
Habitat: Stone Quarry, Blue Lagoon
Available at: Level 45
Buying Price: 1,000 Gold
Selling Price: 100 Coin
Incubation: 26 hours
Exp Gained: 3,000 Exp

Stalagmite Dragon

Rarity: Super Rare
Type: Stone Red
Habitat: Stone Quarry, Red Rocks
Available at: Level 45
Buying Price: 1,000 Gold
Selling Price: 100 Coin
Incubation: 26 hours
Exp Gained: 3,000 Exp

Kennedward
06-15-16, 06:13 AM
Crafting one, with enough pieces to craft the other, did it both within minutes after its release, still have 512 bombs :cool:

Clark_Wayne
06-15-16, 07:08 AM
512 bombs ! omg your 5 BPD are working good LOL

Kennedward
06-15-16, 07:56 AM
512 bombs ! omg your 5 BPD are working good LOL

Oh just realized my typo, I actually have 612 bombs LOL :cool:

Natasha_07
06-15-16, 08:09 AM

Man I'm just jealous right now, LOL! :)

Kennedward
06-15-16, 08:35 AM
Man I'm just jealous right now, LOL! :)

No need, if you buy one lol :D

lenasdinner
06-15-16, 08:36 AM
Crafting one, with enough pieces to craft the other, did it both within minutes after its release, still have 512 bombs :cool:

actually when I sow this pop out,you crosed my mind and just said,wooow Kennedward will have both in 2 days.I will be happy if I made it for both in one month(supose thay will stay at least that long).

Kennedward
06-15-16, 09:26 AM
actually when I sow this pop out,you crosed my mind and just said,wooow Kennedward will have both in 2 days.I will be happy if I made it for both in one month(supose thay will stay at least that long).

How nice of u to think of me lol

But yea, they usually stay around a month or so, so you're fine

I no longer worry about the time available as I can easily get enough pieces within minutes. The time when I had to plan carefully with my bombs is long over, as well as the time I worry about the availability time is also over.

31aug2002
06-15-16, 01:31 PM
How nice of u to think of me lol

But yea, they usually stay around a month or so, so you're fine

I no longer worry about the time available as I can easily get enough pieces within minutes. The time when I had to plan carefully with my bombs is long over, as well as the time I worry about the availability time is also over.
Wow!!!
Would love to be in that position some day where I can afford to buy these BPDs or the FPDs . Right now concentrating on the GPDs :p

belbar22
06-15-16, 02:09 PM
Got my stalactite crafting. Now to start collecting for the next one.

amerirish
06-16-16, 05:39 AM
Got my stalactite crafting. Now to start collecting for the next one.

Ditto! Just started crafting the first one and I chose Stalactite too :D

Kennedward
06-16-16, 06:05 AM
Wow!!!
Would love to be in that position some day where I can afford to buy these BPDs or the FPDs . Right now concentrating on the GPDs :p

Good luck!

Kennedward
06-16-16, 06:05 AM
Got Stalactite, now crafting Stalagmite :cool:

Kennedward
06-17-16, 10:06 AM
Stalagmite in nest now

And now the waiting begins for the next mining dragon :cool:

amerirish
06-17-16, 10:14 AM
Stalagmite in nest now

And now the waiting begins for the next mining dragon :cool:

Rich people problems, am I right? :p

Kennedward
06-17-16, 06:55 PM
Rich people problems, am I right? :p

I just have many bombs, never spent any money in this game :p

AnglChk507
06-20-16, 02:12 AM

How do you have that many bombs? I'm only allowed 25 And im a super high level

Sandybellee
06-20-16, 03:51 AM

There's no limit for bombs from bomb giving dragons.

Kennedward
06-20-16, 06:28 AM

Because I have 5 Demolition dragons, level doesn't mean anything, I'm level 193 by the way

Kennedward
06-20-16, 06:29 AM
There's no limit for bombs from bomb giving dragons.

Exactly :cool:

ericrypt
06-20-16, 03:56 PM
Got Stalactite, it's way cooler looking imho.

belarica
06-20-16, 04:08 PM
Stalagmite crafting, stalactite is waiting for his brother in a habitat :)

zyfazix
06-21-16, 03:32 AM
52 pieces from my first 23 bombs, lost 2 bombs to crashes. Only way for me to get both is to keep the evolution temple running full-time and preventing crashes and bomb overflows.

Kennedward
06-21-16, 06:50 AM
I used around 100 bombs to get my 300 pieces required, which on average that's 3 pieces per bomb, and that's much better than before i had 5 Demolition dragons, and also I was tapping randomly, unlike before where I was planning carefully.

Strange how things happen that way :cool:

ericrypt
06-27-16, 09:07 AM
I need 23 more mineral deposits for my Stalagmite and the duo will be complete! Anyone know when this ends?

Kennedward
06-27-16, 09:32 AM
I need 23 more mineral deposits for my Stalagmite and the duo will be complete! Anyone know when this ends?

Should have around a month or so, they usually give players a month or so to mine

hiabarara
06-28-16, 09:50 AM
I am so far behind :D I always forget about the mine and then my bombs will reach their limit of 25 bombs and I'll lose some :D I only have about ~ 100 pieces for the first dragon. Let's see if I'll get them both :)

moonchild1987
06-28-16, 11:14 AM
I'm doing alright on these two. I have Stalagmite on the nest but still need 110 pieces for Stalactite. I should have enough time, well I hope I have enough time to get them both.

DragonPhoenix6
06-28-16, 04:12 PM
Great work S8! I love the fact that we know can craft 2 different dragons with the same pieces, super clever idea! :D

I will try to craft 2 of each as we only need 150 pieces for each, to get 600 pieces shouldn't be too difficult!

jaymieb2
06-28-16, 05:32 PM
S8 - thank you for reducing the total number of bombs necessary! I usually can craft one dragon at 200 pieces, and then stop trying because I cannot collect another 200 pieces before the mining dragon changes. If I keep on target, I should be able to collect 300 if I really try! :-)

Ponttu
06-29-16, 01:44 AM
I am so far behind :D I always forget about the mine and then my bombs will reach their limit of 25 bombs and I'll lose some :D I only have about ~ 100 pieces for the first dragon. Let's see if I'll get them both :)

I'm so behind too! :D Have only 125 pieces for the first dragon... I would really like to get them both! :):cool: Good luck!

Kennedward
06-29-16, 06:17 AM
Good luck mining everyone!

ladymakay
06-29-16, 06:39 AM
I'm so behind too! :D Have only 125 pieces for the first dragon... I would really like to get them both! :):cool: Good luck!

Hahahahaha I have a total of 27 pieces. Oh well, I like the bonuses more than the dragons ☺. Back to the mines I go...in search of food ☺

ericrypt
06-29-16, 09:20 AM
Got Stalactite last night so I've now got both, super stoked too because they're very cool looking dragons! It would've sucked to have one without the other.

kts8id
06-29-16, 10:12 AM
Hi everyone. I crafted the stalagmite dragon. When it was done I tried to place it in a habitat and nothing happened. There were no arrows over available habitats. Nothing. Can't find the dragon anywhere. It's as if it was never crafted. Any suggestions? Thanks!

kts8id
06-29-16, 10:50 AM
Oops. Found my dragon. On a nest. Big mystery solved. Good luck to everyone!

Bastiaan0
06-29-16, 12:19 PM
Stalactite is on the nest, 26 pieces and 17 bombs on the way to Stalagmite :)

Ponttu
06-29-16, 11:54 PM
Hahahahaha I have a total of 27 pieces. Oh well, I like the bonuses more than the dragons ☺. Back to the mines I go...in search of food ☺

Hahahaha OK OK! :D Well food is always good bonus! Always in search of food myself, in and out of the game! :D I wish you luck with bonuses then! ;)

DeeDe99
06-30-16, 01:18 PM
Anyone else having an issue with the number of bombs collected from the evolution temple? Or is it just me?

http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?92604-Bombs-from-Evolution-Temple&p=1315520&viewfull=1#post1315520

sleepygs
07-01-16, 03:26 PM
I wonder how much time we're going to have... I know we are given only a few days notice usually, but I've got one and I'd love to get the other, but I'm still short about a 100 pieces... And for some reason my mining s****s have been horrible and I'm just not getting a ton per bomb. :(

DeeDe99
07-01-16, 05:08 PM
Have the second one crafting now. Will stay out of the mine until we change over.

random59
07-01-16, 05:26 PM
I wonder how much time we're going to have... I know we are given only a few days notice usually, but I've got one and I'd love to get the other, but I'm still short about a 100 pieces... And for some reason my mining s****s have been horrible and I'm just not getting a ton per bomb. :(

We roughly get a month, so should be around until the 14th at least, 39 pieces to go for the 2nd dragon

amalsaba
07-01-16, 07:54 PM
My stalactite is crafting now and I have 78/150 for stalagmite.... half way to go.
Note: I don't have any bomb producing dragons! (I never saw the need for them since I always craft one or two of the dragons)

Kennedward
07-02-16, 05:12 AM
My stalactite is crafting now and I have 78/150 for stalagmite.... half way to go.
Note: I don't have any bomb producing dragons! (I never saw the need for them since I always craft one or two of the dragons)

Lucky you! I always run out of dragons to evolve, and my luck with the mine was always bad in the past, and I ended up missing many mining dragons

But now that I have 5 Demolition dragons, my luck have actually improved greatly and I easily get all required pieces within minutes after its release

random59
07-04-16, 02:43 PM
Finally have Stalacite on the nest now building up my bomb supply again. I wonder if this idea of a duo of mining dragons is here to stay! Seemed a bit stressful this time round but as a dear neighbour pointed out to me is that we only need to collect 10 parts per day but it is the food resources that worry me.

Hepatu
07-05-16, 12:13 AM
I'm crafting the 2nd dragon now and I have no problems with getting enough bombs. I have none bpd

Kennedward
07-05-16, 06:50 AM
Finally have Stalacite on the nest now building up my bomb supply again. I wonder if this idea of a duo of mining dragons is here to stay! Seemed a bit stressful this time round but as a dear neighbour pointed out to me is that we only need to collect 10 parts per day but it is the food resources that worry me.

Don't stress, feed it slowly, you don't want to become like me who ran out of dragons to evolve and had to resort to buying bomb producing dragons

Kennedward
07-05-16, 06:51 AM
I'm crafting the 2nd dragon now and I have no problems with getting enough bombs. I have none bpd

Lucky you! I ran out of dragons to evolve long ago, so bomb producing dragons was my only chance of getting bombs

Jackiesq
07-05-16, 06:59 AM
Don't stress, feed it slowly, you don't want to become like me who ran out of dragons to evolve and had to resort to buying bomb producing dragons
The players that also have to evolve to level 4, will never run out dragons to evolve! And if we do we can always choose to trade a duplicate... For us the bomb producers are useless. I can even make a 3th dragon already, if I wish...

Kennedward
07-05-16, 07:06 AM
The players that also have to evolve to level 4, will never run out dragons to evolve! And if we do we can always choose to trade a duplicate... For us the bomb producers are useless. I can even make a 3th dragon already, if I wish...

I would do that, if I only have the space.....

TwinkleTwiny
07-05-16, 08:34 AM
11pieces away from second dragon :) without bomb producing dragons

warrior61280
07-05-16, 08:53 AM
Lucky you! I ran out of dragons to evolve long ago, so bomb producing dragons was my only chance of getting bombs

I must admit, I am a little jealous that you have all dragons @lvl10+ and your only issue seems to be space and have available habitats to spare. I would say that is the only way I could use the term "game completed" in regards to this app. Congrats!

That would be a welcomed issue to most players if that was the only problem they had to deal with, space. That is the one thing I dont seem to be struggling with in this app. Is space an issue due to decorations? What part of the aspect of "space" gives you trouble? Have you fully expanded everything? I am just curious. I still have a good amount of expanding left. I am assuming that since #of habitats not being listed as an issue implies you still have plenty available. I am at 180/182 due to just buying a bunch to make room for more unique dragons as I acquire them. I have a small "farm" area of habitats I use for duplicates where they can be raised to lvl4 then traded for gems. That is also where a lot of my bomb producing comes from. It is still slow though as I have crafted one dragon and 1/3 the way on another. I also have terrible luck with locating pieces per bomb. I consider finding 2 pieces good and any more than that awesome. Something closer to opposite of minesweeper would be amazing where the pieces are all there at once. Having to find peice by peice with location resetting after each peice found is both troublesome and inefficient.

Tales slows down my evolution quite a bit. But that is my choice to make sure its ready for those dragons that need to be raised to lvl12+. Also, TL has been upping time required to evolve. In addition to overall slow speed of gathering food to level the dragons I want (there are a few); but I have to make sure I am keeping a large supply for tales events.

I need to add you sometime and take a look at your islands (regular+artic). The way your islands are described by your posts, they are possibly what every player desires their island(s) to be. Im still crossing my fingers I can get access to dragon album and artic isles at some point and hopefully I get the opportunity to acquire the dragons previously not available to me.

Edit: I have sent you a neighbor request and saw the island name "King Gor", is that correct? Mine is Dragburk. I look forward to seeing your islands. (I hope the game doesn't crash when visiting your Artic Isles as that is a common issue for me). I will post to your wall and/or send you a message once I have taken a look at your isles. If I can help in any way, please ask. Also, please check out my island and let me know if you have any suggestions/comments as well. Thank you and looking forward to further communication and info that we might be able to share and help other users as well!

Again, congratulations on what is the closest thing to completing the objectives of the app. Hopefully that space issue is fixed for you at some point.

pernmagic
07-06-16, 02:40 AM
At last stalagmite crafting and stalactite evolving at L4 ..... Seems to have taken forever to get both :)

Kennedward
07-06-16, 06:22 AM
I must admit, I am a little jealous that you have all dragons @lvl10+ and your only issue seems to be space and have available habitats to spare. I would say that is the only way I could use the term "game completed" in regards to this app. Congrats!

That would be a welcomed issue to most players if that was the only problem they had to deal with, space. That is the one thing I dont seem to be struggling with in this app. Is space an issue due to decorations? What part of the aspect of "space" gives you trouble? Have you fully expanded everything? I am just curious. I still have a good amount of expanding left. I am assuming that since #of habitats not being listed as an issue implies you still have plenty available. I am at 180/182 due to just buying a bunch to make room for more unique dragons as I acquire them. I have a small "farm" area of habitats I use for duplicates where they can be raised to lvl4 then traded for gems. That is also where a lot of my bomb producing comes from. It is still slow though as I have crafted one dragon and 1/3 the way on another. I also have terrible luck with locating pieces per bomb. I consider finding 2 pieces good and any more than that awesome. Something closer to opposite of minesweeper would be amazing where the pieces are all there at once. Having to find peice by peice with location resetting after each peice found is both troublesome and inefficient.

Tales slows down my evolution quite a bit. But that is my choice to make sure its ready for those dragons that need to be raised to lvl12+. Also, TL has been upping time required to evolve. In addition to overall slow speed of gathering food to level the dragons I want (there are a few); but I have to make sure I am keeping a large supply for tales events.

I need to add you sometime and take a look at your islands (regular+artic). The way your islands are described by your posts, they are possibly what every player desires their island(s) to be. Im still crossing my fingers I can get access to dragon album and artic isles at some point and hopefully I get the opportunity to acquire the dragons previously not available to me.

Edit: I have sent you a neighbor request and saw the island name "King Gor", is that correct? Mine is Dragburk. I look forward to seeing your islands. (I hope the game doesn't crash when visiting your Artic Isles as that is a common issue for me). I will post to your wall and/or send you a message once I have taken a look at your isles. If I can help in any way, please ask. Also, please check out my island and let me know if you have any suggestions/comments as well. Thank you and looking forward to further communication and info that we might be able to share and help other users as well!

Again, congratulations on what is the closest thing to completing the objectives of the app. Hopefully that space issue is fixed for you at some point.

Thanks, but I doubt it, I'm always at the edge of expanding my land, and when I do have space it becomes a matter of what dragons I want to bring out and then build the corresponding color habitat

Kennedward
07-06-16, 06:22 AM
At last stalagmite crafting and stalactite evolving at L4 ..... Seems to have taken forever to get both :)

It took me 10 mins or so to get enough parts for both lol :cool:

roguebee
07-06-16, 06:25 AM
Glad there was no notice yesterday that the dragons were expiring soon. Now I have enough time to get Stalactite. It was going to be way too close if Friday was the deadline.

warrior61280
07-06-16, 07:53 AM
It took me 10 mins or so to get enough parts for both lol :cool:

Will you please provide the details to your strategy. I am still struggling and I have read that I am not the only one. Can you bypass the 25 bomb limit? What is the secret to be able to obtain 300 pieces in 10 minutes. I know you have said previously that you dont purchase gold, so I am asking what is the method you use to obtain these 2 dragons in 10 minutes without using real money? If you can write up a guide or provide tips for other players, that would be amazing and extremely helpful to all other players.

Thank you in advance for your help! It will be greatly appreciated, and by others as well.

Kennedward
07-06-16, 07:59 AM
Will you please provide thd details to your strategy. I am still struggling and I have read that I am not the only one. Can you bypass the 25 bomb limit? What is the secret to be able to obtain 300 pieces in 10 minutes. I know you have said previously that you dont purchase gold, so I asking you what is the method to obtain these 2 dragons in 10 minutes without using real money? If you can write up a guide or provide tips for other players, that would be amazing and extremely helpful to all other players.

Thank you in advance for your help! It will be greatly appreciated, and by others as well.

I dont have any, I just tap randomly and I get 3 to 4, sometimes even 5 or 6 pieces per bomb

I no longer care for bombs as I have around 800 right now, so I don't care even if I get none from 1 bomb, which doesn't even happen anymore lol

warrior61280
07-06-16, 08:00 AM
I dont have any, I just tap randomly and I get 3 to 4, sometimes even 5 or 6 pieces per bomb

I no longer care for bombs as I have around 800 right now, so I don't care even if I get none from 1 bomb, which doesn't even happen anymore lol

How do you acquire 800????
My limit is still 25.

Kennedward
07-06-16, 08:07 AM
How do you acquire 800????
My limit is still 25.

From having 5 demolition dragons

warrior61280
07-06-16, 08:12 AM

So the demolition dragons allow you to bypass the 25 max bomb limit?

Considering they are not breedable and allow a massive advantage over other players.....I don't want to express my opinion of that at this moment......I do, but I like to be able to use the forum...

I need to do some more research into this and find the facts and truth behond this. That is a seriously unfair advantage over those who do not spend real money on an app that is supposed to be for enjoyment. The weight of the straws piling on is compounding on this old camel.

Kennedward
07-06-16, 08:20 AM
People have asked me why I bought 5, and some have said to me they are not considering buying them because they can always get bombs without any problems

But I don't regret buying them. Being able to have hundreds of bombs have allowed me to mine freely without caring how many pieces I get per bomb, that freedom alone is worth it for me.

Granted I don't need hundreds of bombs, but it's better than before when I would struggle to get enough pieces before the deadline. And I have missed quite a lot of mining dragons because I was so bad with mining with only 25 bombs max.

Funny how I earn many more pieces when I no longer play as seriously and no longer care for bombs anymore

Anyways, back on topic, good luck to all still mining, not sure when it'll be expired but I have over 800 bombs waiting for the next one :cool:

TwinkleTwiny
07-06-16, 09:22 AM

Kennedward, or to other who have a BPD, by how much does your bomb cap increase when you have one BPD? Thanks

blueangel826
07-06-16, 09:29 AM
Will you please provide the details to your strategy. I am still struggling and I have read that I am not the only one. Can you bypass the 25 bomb limit? What is the secret to be able to obtain 300 pieces in 10 minutes. I know you have said previously that you dont purchase gold, so I am asking what is the method you use to obtain these 2 dragons in 10 minutes without using real money? If you can write up a guide or provide tips for other players, that would be amazing and extremely helpful to all other players.

I've bought 2 bomb producing dragons in the year I've been playing DS, and when they were introduced, the price was gr8! I also have 5 gold producing dragons that I got @ different major sales, Black Friday, etc. I quickly evolved all of these to lvl 10 to obtain max # daily. I get 25 gold daily & save it to avoid buying more. By having 1 bomb or dynamite PD, the limit of 25 increases immediately! I don't have the mining experience that Kennedward & other longtime players have but have stored 100+ bombs/dynamite. Before I got my 1st BPD, I lost so many bombs as I never ck'd unless needed. Keep an eye on pop-ups & the mkt & try to buy next time on sale. I love the Mining Guide on forum! Great help! Good luck to all! Hope there's at least 7-10 days left on current mining dragons since they started on June 14th.

blueangel826
07-06-16, 09:35 AM
Kennedward, or to other who have a BPD, by how much does your bomb cap increase when you have one BPD? Thanks
Don't know if there is a limit. Have never seen it anywhere if there is! Since Kennedward has 800 stored, I'd guess no limit.

belarica
07-06-16, 09:35 AM

I have one. You can keep collecting bombs from it, there is no cap that I know of. I usually have 60-70 bombs by the time a new mine dragon comes out. My demolition dragon is only level 7 so I collect 2 bombs a day from it.

TwinkleTwiny
07-06-16, 09:43 AM

Thanks belerica and bk7553 for your answer :) if there is no cap, i guess that having one BPD is worth it, i will buy one next time

Kennedward
07-07-16, 06:24 AM

Currently have 852 and counting :cool:

TwinkleTwiny
07-07-16, 03:20 PM
Thanks Kennedward ! Well, you have far more than enough ;)
Just crafted stalactite (already have stalagmite), i can start saving up for the next ones

lnztrekfan
07-07-16, 04:57 PM
I was wondering if I only have enough pieces to craft one. Which one should I go for? Has anyone used either of these in the battle arena? Thanks in advance for your help.

Kennedward
07-08-16, 04:36 AM
Thanks Kennedward ! Well, you have far more than enough ;)
Just crafted stalactite (already have stalagmite), i can start saving up for the next ones

I do!

But the original reason why I bought 5 was because I was so bad with mining, with 25 bombs I used to only get 16 to 18 pieces, so I thought earning 25 bombs daily would allow me to be at least on time to get enough pieces to craft the dragon.

Little did I know that after getting 5 of them, I managed to get at least 3 pieces per bomb now, and I only used around 70 to 80 bombs to get all 300 pieces for these 2 dragons.

warrior61280
07-09-16, 10:03 AM
I do!

But the original reason why I bought 5 was because I was so bad with mining, with 25 bombs I used to only get 16 to 18 pieces, so I thought earning 25 bombs daily would allow me to be at least on time to get enough pieces to craft the dragon.

Little did I know that after getting 5 of them, I managed to get at least 3 pieces per bomb now, and I only used around 70 to 80 bombs to get all 300 pieces for these 2 dragons.

That is incredible! You have amazing luck and if you are of legal age to buy lottery tickets, I suggest you do, it could work out greatly in your favor. Keep up the good luck and hope you are getting out of this app what you are intending too. It seems like your investments into Dragon Story are certainly paying off for you.
I also hope they can fix your issues with the with the videos and space for you. Keep asking because I am sure S8/TL will work hard to correct these issues for you.

Bastiaan0
07-09-16, 10:30 AM
Stalactite will have his counterpart later this evening, Stalagmite is on the nest now. Had no problems getting all required pieces without BPD or speed evolving.
Still hoping to see a pink hybrid next time, Quartz is still far out of reach...

amalsaba
07-09-16, 05:58 PM
Stalactite is in the habitat and stalagmite is crafting now!

Kennedward
07-09-16, 07:34 PM
That is incredible! You have amazing luck and if you are of legal age to buy lottery tickets, I suggest you do, it could work out greatly in your favor. Keep up the good luck and hope you are getting out of this app what you are intending too. It seems like your investments into Dragon Story are certainly paying off for you.
I also hope they can fix your issues with the with the videos and space for you. Keep asking because I am sure S8/TL will work hard to correct these issues for you.

Thx but I asked 2 years ago but got nothing, so I don't have much hopes for it

As a matter of fact, I actually stopped playing for over a year, all I did was plant food and get gold. I only came back to play again because of the bomb dragons.

lenasdinner
07-10-16, 09:29 AM
uhhhh I made it....just got the last part,300......2nd dragon is crafting now. this was hard to be onest,I diden't think that I would made it for both.my E temple wasent free not even for a second.now I'm happy!

moonchild1987
07-10-16, 11:04 AM
Stalactite is on the nest. Had to stay on top of this one or I know I would have never made it.

sleepygs
07-10-16, 03:43 PM
I don't think I'm going to make it! If I use all my bombs now, I'll be at a little over 100 towards the stalagmite dragon. I've been constantly evolving and everything, not sure what else I could have done. At least I have stalactite.

roguebee
07-10-16, 08:21 PM
I don't think I'm going to make it! If I use all my bombs now, I'll be at a little over 100 towards the stalagmite dragon. I've been constantly evolving and everything, not sure what else I could have done. At least I have stalactite.

There was no notice last Friday that the dragons expire on Tuesday, so you have at least 4 full days and 2 partial days to collect more bombs (somewhere between 25 & 30 more bombs?) assuming that they expire next Friday.

zyfazix
07-11-16, 07:33 AM
296 pieces from 132 bombs. I'll finish tomorrow when the Evolution temple is done

9krm
07-11-16, 08:46 AM
I need 40 more for the stalactite dragon. I have been having terrible luck mining these days - usually only get one, maybe two per bomb. Booo! :p

sleepygs
07-13-16, 06:10 AM
There was no notice last Friday that the dragons expire on Tuesday, so you have at least 4 full days and 2 partial days to collect more bombs (somewhere between 25 & 30 more bombs?) assuming that they expire next Friday.

I've been holding my breath expecting the pop up with our typical three days notice, but having not seen it yet... I think I've got a chance! Good thing I've got a backlog of Winter fails! lol

Kennedward
07-13-16, 07:56 AM
I've been holding my breath expecting the pop up with our typical three days notice, but having not seen it yet... I think I've got a chance! Good thing I've got a backlog of Winter fails! lol

I, on the other hand, have been waiting for it to expire so I can mine a new dragon lol

Hepatu
07-13-16, 08:45 AM
I, on the other hand, have been waiting for it to expire so I can mine a new dragon lol

Same here. I got the 2nd days ago and don't have any bpd ☺

Hawk1
07-13-16, 09:07 AM
Stalagmite on the nest so I can quit mining for a while.

amalsaba
07-13-16, 04:11 PM
Same here. I got the 2nd days ago and don't have any bpd ☺

Same here. I don't have a BPD and I finished days ago. However, I still mine for the food before I reach my 25 bomb limit. It would be a shame to waste any opportunity to obtain food.

hungryres
07-13-16, 07:43 PM
I need 40 more for the stalactite dragon. I have been having terrible luck mining these days - usually only get one, maybe two per bomb. Booo! :p

me2.
i though my yield is really low these days.
do the hint covering area showing close/ nearby change as player level up? (i meant the yellow/ green sign. since my game shows me Chinese, i do not know the exact wording)

bakerystoe
07-13-16, 09:56 PM
Yay I got my Stalagmite dragon!!! I don't want to try to get the stalactite due to lack of free time... I love it

bakerystoe
07-13-16, 10:07 PM
me2.
i though my yield is really low these days.
do the hint covering area showing close/ nearby change as player level up? (i meant the yellow/ green sign. since my game shows me Chinese, i do not know the exact wording)
http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?72394-Dragon-Story-Mining-Guide
That's the mining guide so you can look up for sth you are looking for in this thread!!!

saghaven
07-14-16, 05:53 AM
Got stalagmite first, started crafting stalactite last night.

Kennedward
07-14-16, 05:53 AM
Congrats all who got it

Speaking of bpd however, I think 5 is too many now lol maybe 1 or 2 is enough since I now have roughly 900 bombs

Hepatu
07-14-16, 09:16 AM
Congrats all who got it

Speaking of bpd however, I think 5 is too many now lol maybe 1 or 2 is enough since I now have roughly 900 bombs

2nd that ☺
I do just fine without any at all and I don't think I'll ever need any. I have way too many dragons to evolve ☺

monbohn
07-14-16, 04:25 PM
I still need 55 more pieces to get the second dragon. Hopefully we still have enough time. They wouldn't just end it tomorrow with no notice, would they? All too often lately I've only been finding one piece per bomb. :(

roguebee
07-14-16, 09:15 PM
No. We always get notice of the mining dragon expiring. The notice comes out at update time that it will expire the next update day. So it is possible that we will get a notice tomorrow that it expires on Tuesday. (That will be 35 days which is common.) If there is no notice, then we'll get until at least next Friday.

bakerystoe
07-14-16, 09:37 PM
The maximum of the bombs we have is 25. Why some people say that they have more than 40? It confused me a bit

Hepatu
07-15-16, 02:59 AM
The maximum of the bombs we have is 25. Why some people say that they have more than 40? It confused me a bit
those who have more than 25 bombs has bomb producing dragons. they don't have the 25 bomb limit

Kennedward
07-15-16, 05:35 AM
2nd that ☺
I do just fine without any at all and I don't think I'll ever need any. I have way too many dragons to evolve ☺

Lucky you! I ran out of dragons to evolve around 2 years ago!

DeeDe99
07-15-16, 05:59 AM
those who have more than 25 bombs has bomb producing dragons. they don't have the 25 bomb limit

We still have the limit on bombs from Evolving, just no limit on bombs from the bomb producing dragons. Once we hit 25 from evolution, we collect no more bombs from the Evolution Temple, unless we use them, of course.

bakerystoe
07-15-16, 07:35 AM
We still have the limit on bombs from Evolving, just no limit on bombs from the bomb producing dragons. Once we hit 25 from evolution, we collect no more bombs from the Evolution Temple, unless we use them, of course.

Thanks both of you! You make me feel less confused now!:p

Kennedward
07-15-16, 08:03 AM
I still need 55 more pieces to get the second dragon. Hopefully we still have enough time. They wouldn't just end it tomorrow with no notice, would they? All too often lately I've only been finding one piece per bomb. :(

You're a lot like the old me, that's why I've decided to buy bpd, good luck though!

Kennedward
07-15-16, 08:04 AM

Speaking of which, I've just reached 952 bombs today

I sure love the fact I no longer need to worry about the 25 limit

warrior61280
07-15-16, 09:10 AM
Speaking of which, I've just reached 952 bombs today

I sure love the fact I no longer need to worry about the 25 limit

I think everyone has gotten the point the spend a ton on of money on this game and someone you never need new dragons and all your dragon arrive fully evolved with a red bow and you just have that space issue because you have expanded everything available and also have conquered the game.
You are in the 1% that have this kind of experience and interaction with the app. There mpre people that struggle with keeping up with the events, tournaments, and just trying to enjoy the app as they see fit. Food storage is a large kssue for many players because they do not have a bottomless storage and/or all of their dragons at epic or above. Please take into consideration that most other users do not experience the app as you. And by the comments you make such as the one quoted here just give off the vibe that you high and mighty and the that the app should cater to your experience and not the experiences of the majority. Especially those who do not spend a lot of money on the app and want to enjoy it as a relaxing app that provides quick entertainment and a sense of accomplishment when completing goals or obtaining a new dragon and allows them to do their "happy dance" in that moment before going back to the grind for the goal.
All I am asking is little more support and a lot less condenscending remarks. Again, this will probably be removed, so what I say doesnt matter anyways.
Good luck to those who are working towards the dragons and congratulations for those who have worked hard to earn them.

Kennedward
07-15-16, 09:13 AM
I think everyone has gotten the point the spend a ton on of money on this game and someone you never need new dragons and all your dragon arrive fully evolved with a red bow and you just have that space issue because you have expanded everything available and also have conquered the game.
You are in the 1% that have this kind of experience and interaction with the app. There mpre people that struggle with keeping up with the events, tournaments, and just trying to enjoy the app as they see fit. Food storage is a large kssue for many players because they do not have a bottomless storage and/or all of their dragons at epic or above. Please take into consideration that most other users do not experience the app as you. And by the comments you make such as the one quoted here just give off the vibe that you high and mighty and the that the app should cater to your experience and not the experiences of the majority. Especially those who do not spend a lot of money on the app and want to enjoy it as a relaxing app that provides quick entertainment and a sense of accomplishment when completing goals or obtaining a new dragon and allows them to do their "happy dance" in that moment before going back to the grind for the goal.
All I am asking is little more support and a lot less condenscending remarks. Again, this will probably be removed, so what I say doesnt matter anyways.
Good luck to those who are working towards the dragons and congratulations for those who have worked hard to earn them.

I think you misunderstood the point though

I don't spend any money at all in this game

warrior61280
07-15-16, 09:23 AM
I think you misunderstood the point though

I don't spend any money at all in this game

5 bpd
12 gpd
None of which can bred only purchased says otherwise...
But it doesnt even matter if you spend money that is your choice like everyone else and that is is not the issue I am reffering to. The issue is how your attitude comes across. Just try putting yourself in other peoples shoes who view the app differently and dont have have access to resources you do.
That is all.

Kennedward
07-15-16, 09:26 AM
5 bpd
12 gpd
None of which can bred only purchased says otherwise...
But it doesnt even matter if you spend money that is you choice like everyone else thais is not the issue. The issue is how your attitude comes across. Just try putting yourself in other peoples shoes who view the app differently and dont have have access to resources you do.
That is all.

Game used to give free gold, most of the time it was 30 gold and then 15 gold, but it doesn't anymore

It was easy to save up for gold dragons back then, with 1 I easily saved up the rest, and with 12 I easily saved enough for bpd

Things aren't always as simple as you may think

warrior61280
07-15-16, 09:29 AM
Game used to give free gold, most of the time it was 30 gold and then 15 gold, but it doesn't anymore

It was easy to save up for gold dragons back then, with 1 I easily saved up the rest, and with 12 I easily saved enough for bpd

Things aren't always as simple as you may think

It appears so. The only time I have been offered gold was when S8 wanted me to download another of their games and you are correct, it went from 30 to 14. But outside of that, very few opportunites to earn gold and it was a miniscule amount. We dont even get gold for defeating champions in tournaments anymore do we? But I will take my ignorance elsewhere. I apologize for bothering you.

sleepygs
07-15-16, 10:51 AM
Double mining? Wow! I just got the pop up. Twice the pieces and I'll easily get my second dragon! Thanks!

belarica
07-15-16, 11:02 AM
My baby account was able to easily get 70 pieces with 25 bombs thanks to the bonus and now crafting stalagmite.

hiabarara
07-15-16, 12:22 PM
Picture for everyone:

I honestly didn't expect something like this. Many people bought Bomb Dragons, so they have hundreds of bombs. Nice surprise for someone like me who doesn't own any Bomb Dragons and always forgets to use her bombs :D

savage_mel
07-15-16, 12:33 PM
I can't believe this is ending already. I don't even have enough pieces for one, let alone 2! I always feel caught between a rock and a hard place. I don't have any bomb Dragons so, do I save food so I can participate in events such as tales or do I evolve so I can collect bombs? I clearly can't do both! As an older player I don't get to evolve until level 7, which costs more food, so I miss out on all the bombs that I would get at level 4. Quite unfair

princessfreddie0925
07-15-16, 12:47 PM
Only need 5 more for the second one!! I don't have a bomb producing dragon and I haven't spent any gold either, what I do is I save up all my feed until there is a Tales event and when I finish with that I use the leftover feed to feed my dragons and get as many of them ready to evolve as I can. When I run out I start saving up my feed again until the next Tales event. (so basically the only time my dragons get fed is after a tales event :/) This time, after the last tales event I leveled up and had around 30 dragons ready to evolve and have saved up 499,000 feed for this Tales event.

belarica
07-15-16, 01:05 PM
Picture for everyone:

I honestly didn't expect something like this. Many people bought Bomb Dragons, so they have hundreds of bombs. Nice surprise for someone like me who doesn't own any Bomb Dragons and always forgets to use her bombs :D

I think there's only one person who has hundreds of bombs :p

lisabandit2
07-15-16, 01:17 PM
Sigh...I literally started crafting the second one at 6 am cst so this doesn't help me at all. It's been about a year since I saw this little bonus last so happy it didn't go away forever lol. Congrats to those who get the benefit of it!

Kennedward
07-15-16, 06:07 PM
Picture for everyone:

Good luck mining! :D

Kennedward
07-15-16, 06:08 PM
I think there's only one person who has hundreds of bombs :p

LOL! I wonder who that is? :cool:

bakerystoe
07-15-16, 06:39 PM
Picture for everyone:

Speaking of this... I wanna get Stalactite!! So happy:p

Kennedward
07-15-16, 06:50 PM
I can't believe this is ending already. I don't even have enough pieces for one, let alone 2! I always feel caught between a rock and a hard place. I don't have any bomb Dragons so, do I save food so I can participate in events such as tales or do I evolve so I can collect bombs? I clearly can't do both! As an older player I don't get to evolve until level 7, which costs more food, so I miss out on all the bombs that I would get at level 4. Quite unfair

Yeah I understand you, I was like you who missed quite a lot of mining dragons simply because I didn't get enough pieces from bombs, and add on top of that I didn't have dragons to evolve in order to get bombs PERIOD

I remember suggesting to have another way to get bombs, like the bpd's, luckily S8 listened and introduced them

Anyways, good luck mining! I was once like you

starship412
07-16-16, 11:09 AM
Thank you Storm8 for giving us 2 pieces for every part found. I'm at about 106 for the 2nd dragon (Stalactite) and doing this was very nice of you guys.

twospoons
07-16-16, 01:12 PM

I evolve during leader boards now, since that gets points, but my answer to collecting bombs has been to buy water dragon eggs and sell them at level 4; they don't require much food to evolve. But I don't often speed breed (since I never seem to breed anything but dupes anyway), so my 2nd nest was usually open for that.

Kennedward
07-16-16, 06:03 PM
I evolve during leader boards now, since that gets points, but my answer to collecting bombs has been to buy water dragon eggs and sell them at level 4; they don't require much food to evolve. But I don't often speed breed (since I never seem to breed anything but dupes anyway), so my 2nd nest was usually open for that.

That's not a bad way to get bombs, I actually used to do that in the past, since there's just so many coins but nothing to spend them on

wookiee77
07-16-16, 08:43 PM
Want to say a huge thanks to S8 for the double bomb weekend... I'm only 1 away from my second dragon anyways, but was concerned I wouldn't make it for the 2nd one so it's a very nice gesture when the pressure was on for a second one...

Kennedward
07-16-16, 10:45 PM
Want to say a huge thanks to S8 for the double bomb weekend... I'm only 1 away from my second dragon anyways, but was concerned I wouldn't make it for the 2nd one so it's a very nice gesture when the pressure was on for a second one...

It is a nice bonus! I hope they'll do the same for the next dragon :D

dragonmother17
07-17-16, 01:37 AM
I have enough parts for the second dragon but don't want to tie up my spell shop and nest while the Tales are going on.

How long after the mine closes do we have to start crafting the dragon? Or does the craft option vanish when the mine closes?

Thank you.

Hepatu
07-17-16, 02:46 AM
I have enough parts for the second dragon but don't want to tie up my spell shop and nest while the Tales are going on.

How long after the mine closes do we have to start crafting the dragon? Or does the craft option vanish when the mine closes?

Thank you.

The crafting option go when the timer run out, so u better craft now. There is time before the tales require crafting.
I've just started crafting the 3rd dragon and it's only 24 hrs

Xyn25
07-17-16, 08:20 AM
I got the second dragon like a week ago so I'm hyped for the next one! I'd like another set like this, it was a pretty original idea.

roguebee
07-17-16, 09:18 AM

Thank you.

Go for it. You don't HAVE to craft anything in Tales until Day 4. Option to start crafting disappears when mine closes. If started in time, crafting can continue once option disappears.

savage_mel
07-17-16, 12:44 PM
That is a good way to get bombs, but my problem is that I don't get to evolve at level 4. My first evolution is level 7, and there is always a huge food increase for all dragons after level 4 :-(

amalsaba
07-17-16, 11:49 PM
So I have crafted both stalactite and stalagmite (they are both at level 4) and I have enough parts to craft one more. Which one should I craft?

Hepatu
07-18-16, 05:04 AM
So I have crafted both stalactite and stalagmite (they are both at level 4) and I have enough parts to craft one more. Which one should I craft?

The one you like the most ☺
I have 2 stalagmites and 1 stalactite

starship412
07-18-16, 08:21 PM
Thanks to Storm8 double piece weekend my Stalagtite is crafting. I already have the Stalagmite but lost a week of playing thanks to Google. I didn't think I had enough time to get both. Luckily I was wrong. Good luck to all who are still collecting pieces. I think this dragon is available until 10:30am PDT if I'm not mistaken. If I am, feel free to edit.

hiabarara
07-19-16, 01:48 AM
It was a great help to get 2 pieces at once every time! I managed to get Stalagmite finally (already crafted Stalactite). I'm not sure if I would have made it without this "event" weekend, so it was really, really helpful :)

Bastiaan0
07-20-16, 01:17 PM
193 bombs, 438 Pieces, 1 Stalactite, 1 Stalagmite, 60400 apples and 113100 coins :)