PDA

View Full Version : Is happiness important ?

Unregistered
08-15-10, 02:27 PM
In the game I mean, not in life :))

Other than the happy or sad icon at the top of the screen, & of course one's conscience (those poor little e-people..), does it affect the game play at all if the inhabitants of your city are unhappy ? Will they become more productive in the hope of better things ? Or vandalise the place in disgust ? Or die ? Or should I not over-analyze one small icon ?

PS Great game - I was just getting bored of Farm Story, so this makes a fun change :)

Unregistered
10-02-10, 01:47 AM
Great question actually! I was wondering so.
Anyone has the answer?

Unregistered
10-02-10, 02:18 AM
I don't think happiness means anything at all. To get the super smiley face your happiness must be at least 1.5 times your population. For happy face happiness > population. Not too sure on figures for sad faces.

It would be good if the yield on collecting sparkles was tied into city happiness.

100 super happy
75 happy
50 sad
25 super sad

I always try to maintain super happy and have my city looking realistic.

emredewrim
10-02-10, 02:33 AM
Agreed! As for the current situation, it's not encouraged or even necessary to have happy cities. In fact, as you mentioned, this leads unrealistic cities with stacks of houses and etc.

There should definitely be a relation between the happines one has, and the money s/he earns.

I hope somebody from TeamLava heard this :)

DonCorleone
10-02-10, 03:38 PM
I increased my city happiness to "super happy" and now my star rating only decreases every third day by a small amount. It is better than decreasing daily. Keeping 4 stars ensures lots of people visit to clean (hence more money). That is all I have found so far.