PDA

View Full Version : Update failure from 1.2.5.4g to 1.5.0.3g on Android

flemlion
06-14-16, 01:53 AM
Update to v1.5.0.3g fails with
"Castle Story" cant'be installed (Error code: -504)

My device:
Xiaomi Mi5 running Android version 6.0 MRA58K

Has already version 1.2.5.4g installed, running without problems.

Edit:

We just released an update yesterday to fix mot of these issues. Please update to 1.5.0.6g, you're currently on 1.5.0.4g. Let us know if you experience any of these issues or additional issues after updating and we'll continue looking into them! :)

paisdelasmaravillas
06-14-16, 02:25 AM
I have the same problem
I trying to install in a Samsung galaxy s5 with Android 5.0
I never have problems with other lasts versions of castle story. This is the first time I have a problem updating

VersaceMorrow
06-14-16, 02:31 AM
I've got the new icon and the new splash screen, then it goes to the "no internet connection" page I hate with the pouty characters. I know I have an internet connection, both wifi and cellular.... what is going on?

SpiritWind00
06-14-16, 02:36 AM
I've reported this....

Diaantje1963
06-14-16, 04:00 AM
I have the same problem "no internet connection" but my connection is fine. Hope the problem is solved quickly

dragon2046
06-14-16, 04:07 AM
I'm on an iphone6 and can not get in castle story I get the no internet comment but internet is fine. Force closed, turned off wifi, and deleted and reinstalled nothing worked. :(

***mine started working again. Hope everyone else is up and running too. :)

Cleonath
06-14-16, 04:08 AM
Same problem with Castle Story and Dragon Story.
But I can play whith other games !!!!!!!

PhntmBlackIce
06-14-16, 04:14 AM

My device:

I have the exact same problem.

ClaireEdwolf
06-14-16, 05:03 AM
Delete then reinstall the game. It worked for me.

vickibabes
06-14-16, 08:15 AM
Deleted. Reinstalled. Repeated 3 times.

Still no access to the game!

Samsung a5 android jelly bean or might even be kit kat. Everything worked perfectly before updating.

quakingaspenca
06-14-16, 08:27 AM
I cannot download the the new update. I am using a galaxy tab 2 10.1 and a galaxy s3 phone both are android 4.2 . It comes up with error code; -24.

I UNINSTALLED AN REINSTALLED IT WORKS!!! YEA!

PhntmBlackIce
06-14-16, 09:16 AM
I cannot download the the new update. I am using a galaxy tab 2 10.1 and a galaxy s3 phone both are android 4.2 . It comes up with error code; -24.

I UNINSTALLED AN REINSTALLED IT WORKS!!! YEA!

Worked for me as well.

paisdelasmaravillas
06-14-16, 09:31 AM
I've tried many things to solve the error 504 after download, when Google play store install the new android version.
I've restarted the device, the Wi-Fi, tried with other Wi-Fi connection, even deleted configurations of Google account, data of Google play store, etc in my device. Nothing works for me. I can't installs the new version.
I haven't had any problem to install or update any other applications

vickibabes
06-14-16, 09:49 AM
I've tried many things to solve the error 504 after download, when Google play store install the new android version.
I've restarted the device, the Wi-Fi, tried with other Wi-Fi connection, even deleted configurations of Google account, data of Google play store, etc in my device. Nothing works for me. I can't installs the new version.
I haven't had any problem to install or update any other applications

Same issue here. Nothing will allow me to access the game on either samsung a5 phone or galaxy tab 4.

erthling
06-14-16, 11:15 AM
After working on this issue for hours this morning, I saw this post. Deleting and reinstalling worked.

BUT: now the screen is so insensitive to touch that it often takes 10 or so very firm touches to collect or open. S8, did you folks forget to test this release?

flemlion
06-14-16, 12:05 PM
On CyanogenMod 12.1 Android 5.1.1 it failed with error (-504)

And I am not deleting it: I've got a working version now and am not risking it failing to install like it is doing now. Plus a new version always takes it time until all the resources are downloaded in the game as well.

PikaSquirrel
06-14-16, 12:07 PM

My device:

I have the same problem
I trying to install in a Samsung galaxy s5 with Android 5.0
I never have problems with other lasts versions of castle story. This is the first time I have a problem updating

Same problem with Castle Story and Dragon Story.
But I can play whith other games !!!!!!!

Deleted. Reinstalled. Repeated 3 times.

Still no access to the game!

Samsung a5 android jelly bean or might even be kit kat. Everything worked perfectly before updating.

Sorry to hear you are still experiencing this issue! Can you let us know what error code you are seeing? Have you already tried uninstallng and reinstalling the app? Please try clearing your cache in Google Service Framework and see if this helps.

paisdelasmaravillas
06-14-16, 12:40 PM
Sorry to hear you are still experiencing this issue! Can you let us know what error code you are seeing? Have you already tried uninstallng and reinstalling the app? Please try clearing your cache in Google Service Framework and see if this helps.

Don't do that!!!
I clear cache in Google service framework (marco de servicios de Google in Spanish) and... Now I can't install the new version!!!
Thanks
Now my device isn't compatible with this version?
I can't play castle story now?
What are you doing???
I have a Samsung galaxy s5
Please solve this!!!

Edit to join two posts....

I've tried to install from play.google.com and it let me do, well... Only download the new version, when android try to install another time the some error. Error -504
Now, I can try to install from Google play store like before, but with the some error

Is the new version compatible with the some devices as the previous version?

Joined with the other post

Wonkaland99
06-14-16, 02:23 PM
Now the ruler will not move round the kingdom properly. If he is off screen when I tap somewhere he just stays where he is. The target is highlighted, but nothing happens until I go back to where the ruler was last active, and move in a series of hops to where I want to be.

PikaSquirrel
06-14-16, 02:53 PM
Now the ruler will not move round the kingdom properly. If he is off screen when I tap somewhere he just stays where he is. The target is highlighted, but nothing happens until I go back to where the ruler was last active, and move in a series of hops to where I want to be.

We're looking into this, thanks!

flemlion
06-14-16, 10:43 PM
The installation issue is fixed with 1.5.0.4g, the update installed on Android 6.0 and 5.1.1

paisdelasmaravillas
06-15-16, 03:27 AM
The installation issue is fixed with 1.5.0.4g, the update installed on Android 6.0 and 5.1.1

Yes, today I can install the new version without any problem at the first try!

88silver
06-15-16, 09:01 AM
I was able to update, but all the crafting building menus are reversed, with glues and beams and such at the bottom of the list instead of the top like they used to be.

paisdelasmaravillas
06-15-16, 10:46 AM
I was able to update, but all the crafting building menus are reversed, with glues and beams and such at the bottom of the list instead of the top like they used to be.

Yes! I have the same issue. This only happen in the new Android version, in the new iOS version the menus are in the normal order
And ... I think that The new load screen takes too much time that the lasts

PikaSquirrel
06-15-16, 12:02 PM

This has been fixed in 1.5.0.4g. Please let us know if you're still experiencing this.

Yes! I have the same issue. This only happen in the new Android version, in the new iOS version the menus are in the normal order
And ... I think that The new load screen takes too much time that the lasts

We're looking into the craft recipe issue.

PikaSquirrel
06-15-16, 12:06 PM
If you are still on 1.2.5.4g, you should not need to reinstall or clear your Google Play Services cache to update to 1.5.0.4g.
If you have updated to 1.5.0.3g, you may need to reinstall or clear your Google Play Services cache again to update to 1.5.0.4g.

If anyone is still having issues updating to 1.5.0.4g, please let me know. Please let us know which Google Play error code you see as well. Thanks!

Niire
06-15-16, 12:14 PM
I'm unable to watch videos, or see the price on gems/purchase right now. :( I'm gonna wait a bit before I report it though, I did get the most recent update and figure it may just take some time to catch up...if that makes sense, lol.

PikaSquirrel
06-15-16, 01:50 PM
I'm unable to watch videos, or see the price on gems/purchase right now. :( I'm gonna wait a bit before I report it though, I did get the most recent update and figure it may just take some time to catch up...if that makes sense, lol.

Let us know if you're still unable to watch. Can you also provide some info on what you're experiencing when you try to watch a video?

Wonkaland99
06-15-16, 02:22 PM

I still have this issue, but even worse. Much of the time I cannot find the ruler at all. The only way of making a collection is to tap on something, go to neighbours or to another game and then come back. The collection has been made but the ruler is not there. this is so tedious at the moment it is not worth playing.

I have uninstalled and reinstalled several times and also cleared the cache.

PikaSquirrel
06-15-16, 02:33 PM
I still have this issue, but even worse. Much of the time I cannot find the ruler at all. The only way of making a collection is to tap on something, go to neighbours or to another game and then come back. The collection has been made but the ruler is not there. this is so tedious at the moment it is not worth playing.

Thanks for letting us know, we'll look into this again. If anyone else is experiencing this issue, please let us know. Thanks!

Wonkaland99
06-15-16, 02:50 PM
Just found the ruler and he was stroking a sheep which was not there but was about 6 squares away. He would not move.
I am giving up for tonight (UK Bedtime) and hope there might be a fix by morning.

PikaSquirrel
06-15-16, 03:50 PM

Have you tried closing other apps running in the background of your device? When you tap on something to collect from, does the item grey out indicating it is going to be collected from, but nothing happen?

88silver
06-15-16, 05:11 PM
My ruler will only walk if she's on-screen. If I scroll to a different part of my kingdom, she stops walking until I scroll back to where she is. I'm guessing that is the cause of the collection problem people are having.

bald1e
06-15-16, 05:44 PM
I've managed to install update to 1.5.0.4g on my Samsung S3 android version 4.3 but the game keeps force closing all the time. I have uninstalled and cleared caches of the game and play store and force closed all the background apps but to no avail. :(
Also have the menu problem being upside down.

EDIT: This is my second account, My main account is on IOS and that's all working fine. :)

Wonkaland99
06-16-16, 01:16 AM
Have you tried closing other apps running in the background of your device? When you tap on something to collect from, does the item grey out indicating it is going to be collected from, but nothing happen?

No I have not tried closing background apps. This seems rather drastic as there are a lot of them and I get dire warnings from my tablet about the possible consequences, and I am not computer savvy enough to take a chance. I may try deleting games I hardly ever play in case it's a case of insufficient memory.

Yes items all grey out as they should, but nothing happens until I can either find the ruler and nudge him to the right place, or I leave the screen.

captmiddy
06-16-16, 03:01 AM
I also have the 1.5.0.4g and the ruler has to be in the current painted window frame to do anything. This includes if I go into a kitchen he stood right where he was until I come out. This does make for very poor game play, luckily I haven't updated on my phone yet so maybe I will be able to play a little today. I also see the inverter recipe list. If i had to guess it was like some thought it would improve performance to stop off-screen animation without considering the implications.

paisdelasmaravillas
06-16-16, 09:50 AM
in the last eight hours, I haven't been able to connect with the game
Imposible
I've tried at least more than 100 times, impossible
I've tried from the iPad and from the Android, with 2 diferents WiFi connections, with mobile data, i've never connected
Any idea?
everybody has connected without problems?

PikaSquirrel
06-16-16, 10:51 AM
My ruler will only walk if she's on-screen. If I scroll to a different part of my kingdom, she stops walking until I scroll back to where she is. I'm guessing that is the cause of the collection problem people are having.

Thanks for the additional info. For now, please zoom out if you are unable to find your Ruler so she's back in the frame and you she continues his or her collections. Right now it looks like nothing is being collected if your Ruler is not currently in the frame. We will look into this, thanks!

Wonkaland99
06-16-16, 11:10 AM
Apart from the collections problem, I would like to know what constitutes a complete viewing of a video to earn a gem. This is something new for Android.
Each time it appears to relate to a game to be downloaded, but whether I download the app or close the screen makes no difference - I am told I did not finish watching the video, so no reward.
Suggestions?

PikaSquirrel
06-16-16, 11:58 AM
Apart from the collections problem, I would like to know what constitutes a complete viewing of a video to earn a gem. This is something new for Android.
Each time it appears to relate to a game to be downloaded, but whether I download the app or close the screen makes no difference - I am told I did not finish watching the video, so no reward.
Suggestions?

Can you let us know for which video it does this? Unless you see this happen every time. As long as you finish watching it and then close it out, you should receive your reward. You do not need to download the app being advertised.

Are you watching the video through the Free Gift icon on the right? Or watching it from the Baron's Game Tent "Watch" button?

paisdelasmaravillas
06-16-16, 12:32 PM
Finally, 10 mins after the beginning of the event... I could connect
About 11 hours trying to connect...

punkskaatje
06-16-16, 01:04 PM
Got the same problems.
1. Can't move the ruler poparly on the screen. When she is out of my screen she wouldnt move anymore.
2. Can't see smilies or symbols in the kingdom names or in messages anymore. I can make them now after the update but can't see them. For update I couldn't make them but see them. ☺
3. Can't play the movies on left side to urn a price and the quest with the baron I can't see the movies the get more cabbage.
4. All the crafting building menus are reversed, with glues and beams and such at the bottom of the list instead of the top like they used to be.

I got the Samsung s5 mini but my neighbour has having the same problems and has got the Sony. And she have the problem that her keybord isn't working when she will type a message. I know really hard to type then ;-) is here a solution for?

Names of the kingdoms: Jolty and Sea's kingdom
kind regards Jolien and bianca (neighbour)

Wonkaland99
06-16-16, 01:28 PM
Can you let us know for which video it does this? Unless you see this happen every time. As long as you finish watching it and then close it out, you should receive your reward. You do not need to download the app being advertised.

Are you watching the video through the Free Gift icon on the right? Or watching it from the Baron's Game Tent "Watch" button?

Thanks. It happens every time except the very first one on the day the update was released. I don't know if it is significant that the video never loads immediately, but only after one or two error messages.
There is no difference if I go via the icon or the tent.

Wonkaland99
06-16-16, 01:33 PM
Zooming out as suggested for another player is working for collections, but everything is so small I can't play for long without eye strain.

ZOOMANIA69
06-16-16, 02:08 PM
Excited for the new update and inclusion for Android, however at 60 minutes+ into several attempts at installing, deleting, re-installing, clearing caches, etc, the updated version refuses to allow play. Other than pre-loaded necessary device apps, Castle Story is the only app installed on my tablet. Start up screen takes forever to load then goes to the message screen and blinks. I x out of that to see the mostly invisible game board slowly come to life. Spinning dials on the sides for the newly added features/offers, etc. I attempted to open my book or collect or anything and it all shuts down again. So far this update is a bust. Going to see if I can get my winter version to work just so I can play my regular game.

88silver
06-16-16, 02:53 PM
There does seem to be some slowness since the update. The load screen takes so long that my tablet turns itself off just as the game is finished loading. Then there is lag when playing/moving around the screen. I'm guessing the lag (and perhaps the load screen) being so slow is related to the improvement in graphics? They graphics seem sharper than before, which leads me to believe that higher quality/larger file size graphics are being used now to accommodate the Android tablets with high screen resolution.

PikaSquirrel
06-16-16, 06:01 PM
Thanks. It happens every time except the very first one on the day the update was released. I don't know if it is significant that the video never loads immediately, but only after one or two error messages.
There is no difference if I go via the icon or the tent.

We'll look into this. When you experience this, can you try resetting your wifi or internet settings on your device and see if this helps?

Jinc4
06-16-16, 11:11 PM
Really like the improved graphics - lovely and sharp. Also really appreciate bringing Android more in line with iOS. Thank you!

I have installed version 1.5.0.4g now, I could only do this by uninstalling and reinstalling from scratch, just doing the update kept giving error code 504.

However, the collection issues remain, the ruler has to be in screen to do any work. Also, I can't get videos to load - no error code, just a message to say try later. The menus being upside down is a pain! I'm looking forward to that being fixed for sure!!

Kenzeio
06-16-16, 11:20 PM
After update, my avatar doesn't collect materials unless he is in the screen. I'm level 46 so the kingdom is wider and there are more buildings to collect so it's harder if I'm going to follow the avatar while collecting. He also moves slower and freezes most of the time. The images are also stretched vertically.

mojcar
06-17-16, 01:14 AM
Hi, I'm having the same issue with the slow ruler, so I use quick collection method, where I click all I want to collect and then click on social. Just a suggestion to others until it gets resolved. It helps me play quicker.

Wonkaland99
06-17-16, 01:36 AM
We'll look into this. When you experience this, can you try resetting your wifi or internet settings on your device and see if this helps?

Tried this a few times. No difference.

punkskaatje
06-17-16, 05:40 AM
Still no change after yesterday about the 4 problems and 1 problem from my neighbour. See post of me, edited on 8.33 pm
thanks already. Greetings Jolien

stormyjinxy
06-17-16, 06:39 AM
Hi I have a problem since the last update.
My character won't collect anything unless he is in the screen. Before the last update i could just click anything I wanted to collect and my character would keep collecting everything in order untill there was nothing left (or a monster attack) but since the last update if I click multiple things he will only move and collect if my screen has him in it. So i am forced to follow him around through my kingdom.
I am playing on a huawei ascend P7 android version 5.1.1.
Is this update intentionnal? or is this a new bug.

thx in advance for any repsonses

stanglady1
06-17-16, 07:22 AM
what the update brought to me:
- starting the game is a whopping 58 seconds now
- amimation is rough and bumpy
- ruler doesn't collect when not in screen and sometimes disappears completely
- menus in the shops are upside down
- my keyboard doesn't work anymore
give me a call when the bugs are fixed, I' gonna play a game that works properly in the mean time.

p.s. I worked over 20 years in IT but if I would have delivered such results I would have been fired instantly. No update works right away.
p.p.s. please excuse my english, it is not my mother tongue

bald1e
06-17-16, 12:30 PM
Also getting a lot of freezing then the game force closing on me on both of my devices Android and IOS latest version on both.

vickibabes
06-18-16, 04:05 AM
Extremely slow gameplay, won't collect unless you have ruler in frame, videos to earn rewards work randomly, menus upside down by far the most annoying change.

If anything I would get the menus fixed first ..... with the already slowed down game play it's excruciating having to scroll all the way down to craft items that you need frequently due to the new quest.

southernlight88
06-18-16, 07:44 AM
give me a call when the bugs are fixed, I' gonna play a game that works properly in the mean time.

p.s. I worked over 20 years in IT but if I would have delivered such results I would have been fired instantly. No update works right away.

Yes, I've been having the same problem.
Game starting is slow.
ruler doesn't collect when not in screen and sometimes disappears completely.

EsmeW2
06-18-16, 08:21 AM

p.p.s. please And excuse my english, it is not my mother tongue

I've just found these posts about the most recent Android update after a couple of days of frustration with my game.

It' has become very difficult to play with this update and no longer enjoyable. The crafting menus in the wrong order and the disappearing unresponsive avatar mean it takes a long time to do anything. My IoS version doesn't have these problem - insufficient testing on Android? It would be nice to think that this was going to be fixed soon.

Can someone from S8 give us an update?

Wonkaland99
06-18-16, 12:37 PM
Nothing will happen now for a couple of days.

punkskaatje
06-19-16, 08:06 AM
Hoping on an update or a respons?
See earlier post here.
The button to get free things dissapeared now and also the button the see movies for the extra cabbage isn't there anymore.
will that be the last update or is there gonna be a working button again. I really hoping on the last thing off course 
Hope there will be a respons on our messages?
Greetings Jolien (Jolty ) from an Samsung s5 mini device

jaymieb2
06-19-16, 08:22 AM
Thank you for the huge step towards equalizing the Android game! It is very appreciated! :-)

Just sharing - I know bugs come with an update.

My ruler can only collect if she is on the screen, crafting menus are still upside down, and Free Item Free Cabbage videos frequently do not work. The error message says they are unavailable at this time.

Again, thank you for the ability to have so many more opportunities in the game! :-)

meme1098
06-19-16, 09:42 AM
Most S8 staff are gone for the weekend so, unfortunately, there probably won't be a resolution until tomorrow or later.

vickibabes
06-19-16, 10:12 AM
Longswords have suddenly changed to being a 2 hour crafting time, when this morning they were 1 hour.

Seriously S8 what is going on with the new update? It's awful.

BellasHouse1
06-19-16, 12:04 PM
I can't get my character to collect anything unless I have her visible in the screen. I don't like having to "find" her in my kingdom in order for her to collect. If I scroll too far away from her she stops moving. This needs to be fixed ASAP.

Also, the crafting items are all reordered and the sorting doesn't work on any of the buildings. Flags are not materials, and permits are not the only materials in the Marketplace. These are just a couple of examples. Since everything is all reordered in each crafting building I am now spending a considerable amount of time searching for the things I usually craft. This issue also needs to be fixed ASAP.

Jinc4
06-19-16, 12:22 PM
Longswords have suddenly changed to being a 2 hour crafting time, when this morning they were 1 hour.

Longswords have always been 2 hours for me...

Jinc4
06-19-16, 01:41 PM
Most S8 staff are gone for the weekend so, unfortunately, there probably won't be a resolution until tomorrow or later.

I hope the developers have had a great weekend and come back super ready to sort it all out!!!

It's fab they are bringing android in line, just so frustrating that the upgrade clearly wasn't tested very well.

asdfgh123654
06-19-16, 03:41 PM
I can't get my character to collect anything unless I have her visible in the screen. I don't like having to "find" her in my kingdom in order for her to collect. If I scroll too far away from her she stops moving. This needs to be fixed ASAP.

Also, the crafting items are all reordered and the sorting doesn't work on any of the buildings. Flags are not materials, and permits are not the only materials in the Marketplace. These are just a couple of examples. Since everything is all reordered in each crafting building I am now spending a considerable amount of time searching for the things I usually craft. This issue also needs to be fixed ASAP.

This is also happening to me, and all the neighbours who are android players. And what is the most annoying thing is the sudden closing of the game, especially while visiting neighbours. They shouldn't have made the new event just for the new version of the game when it has so many bugs.

moizad
06-20-16, 02:25 AM
Ok, so I thought it was great that android finally got baron's tent and all the new updates that was previously "Ios only" but it was before all the bugs :(
I could do with the wrong sorting of the crafts, I could perhaps even with the difficulties to collect when character is out of screen (well, that's sure is annoying but we can do it). No, what I find most annoying is the never ending crushes of the game !!! it suddenly freeze, and I've got to force close it or my phone just stay in this state for who know how long...
Or it close, and the result is the same, I must restart the game (which take longer than before to start btw) and most of the time, i'll loose whatever drop I may have had prior to the crash.
I lost 5 gems because of this bug last saturday !! :'(

Please fix all this asap so we can enjoy this update !

EsmeW2
06-20-16, 10:20 AM
Well, after 2 days I'm still waiting for an update and it's not been the weekend for a while.

I do recognise that these bugs might not be able to be fixed in an instant, but a timeline would be nice. :( Otherwise my android version will need to be parked for a while, as the problems with gameplay have removed the interest/enjoyment factor and just made it boring and frustrating.

ZOOMANIA69
06-20-16, 11:44 AM
Game play has become impossible. Got it to stay opened long enough at different times to get the tent and unfortunately opened the 10 day quest/challenge(can't even get past the first part because of the crashing) and tried to complete the tasks for one of the pets. Had to use the winter version to collect items needed for the pet because every time I tried to collect on the new version, it crashed. As a matter of fact more than a couple of moves of any type and it crashes. Then when I had collected and gave enough for the pet, I placed it but then it disappeared after the the game was reloaded after yet another crash. It's always suggested to delete and re-install and clear cache but this has proved to be of no help. I can play the winter version but now that I've been teased with the new update, I would like to be able to participate in the new to Android features. Please help as this has become truly aggravating.

PinkPiggie1230
06-20-16, 01:50 PM
I know this has been mentioned but the ordering of the things you build, cook, make, etc. need to be put back into the original order where the simple things like Simple Glue are first and not last.

Also when I try to move the screen around using the right side, it won't let me move. I have to keep using the left side of my screen to move the view of my game. It can't be my screen being faulty as no other game or part of my phone has this problem.

88silver
06-20-16, 01:57 PM
I know it's been mentioned, but the performance issues are really hindering game play. If I was just trying out the game with this current version, I would quickly give up and delete it because game play is so choppy.

PikaSquirrel
06-20-16, 05:11 PM
Hoping on an update or a respons?
See earlier post here.
The button to get free things dissapeared now and also the button the see movies for the extra cabbage isn't there anymore.
will that be the last update or is there gonna be a working button again. I really hoping on the last thing off course 
Hope there will be a respons on our messages?
Greetings Jolien (Jolty ) from an Samsung s5 mini device

Please check again the next day to see if the option to earn rewards through watching the videos come back in the game.

We're still looking into the issue of the Ruler not moving when not in the frame and also the issue of crafts appearing backwards.

PikaSquirrel
06-20-16, 05:15 PM

Longswords are a 2 hour craft, no changes have been made to this craft.

PikaSquirrel
06-20-16, 05:17 PM
Nothing will happen now for a couple of days.

It looks like you have been able to watch a few videos and earn rewards. Does it require you to force close the game in order for the video to work?

PikaSquirrel
06-20-16, 05:18 PM

Can you let us know what sort of keyboard issues you are experiencing? We are working on fixing emojis. If you are experiencing a different issue, please send us more info so we can look into it, thank you!

bald1e
06-20-16, 05:41 PM
Unfortunately I've had to stop playing the new event on my android (second account) because of the crashing. Hope there's a fix as it doesn't look like I will finish the event otherwise. :(

PikaSquirrel
06-20-16, 06:26 PM
We have submitted another version, it will be available in the Google Play Store soon. This version will fix the Ruler stopping when not in the frame and also the issue of crafts appearing reversed. Performance should be better as well. Please let us know if you are still experiencing issues in the game.

88silver
06-20-16, 07:56 PM
The menus and ruler are fixed now, thank you. Performance is improved, but still clunkier than before the update. The game is much more playable now.

One thing I noticed is that there is a dead spot on the right side of the screen where my taps are not registered. It's right where the promotion image would go if one was running right now (under the event icon). That area works to tap hearts in neighbor kingdoms, it's only dead in my own kingdom.

Jinc4
06-20-16, 09:59 PM
Yay, menus are the right way round, ruler doing his job and videos working. Thank you!!

stanglady1
06-20-16, 11:02 PM
Can you let us know what sort of keyboard issues you are experiencing? We are working on fixing emojis. If you are experiencing a different issue, please send us more info so we can look into it, thank you!

I am using Kika Emoji Pro and when typing a msg the msg-bar just stays blank, cursor is moving. When posting it sais "msg can not be empty"

Fazziona
06-21-16, 01:02 AM
Hey everyone,

looking through the forums it seems I'm the only one whose game-experience has been totally screwed by the last update?
From the catalog of weird things happening:
- Castle story closing for no reason, frequently (crashes)
- Sequence of menu from craft-buildings is reversed
- Kitchen dropping weird stuff (e.g. fancy beams)
- problems scrolling the craft-building-menus (very slow, jerking)
- Avatar not collecting from buildings outside the screen

and many more.
If things stay like this I can't keep playing.

Anyone else having similar problems or even a solution?

Thanks!
P.

moizad
06-21-16, 03:30 AM
So menus and ruler are back to their previous state, unfortunately, game still crash a lot :(
thanks for the improved update though

moizad
06-21-16, 06:02 AM
crashes over crashes again, now I just finished chapter 3 (visit lvl 2 tree) when puff, game refresh, collection is reseted, goal still not completed but my last energy used just seconds before to do it is gone ..... :(

Please S8, do something !!! :mad:

PikaSquirrel
06-21-16, 10:24 AM
I am using Kika Emoji Pro and when typing a msg the msg-bar just stays blank, cursor is moving. When posting it sais "msg can not be empty"

Unfortunately, we weren't able to fix the emoji issue for this update. Sorry about this. :( We will work on it for the next update!

PikaSquirrel
06-21-16, 10:26 AM
Hey everyone,

looking through the forums it seems I'm the only one whose game-experience has been totally screwed by the last update?
From the catalog of weird things happening:
- Castle story closing for no reason, frequently (crashes)
- Sequence of menu from craft-buildings is reversed
- Kitchen dropping weird stuff (e.g. fancy beams)
- problems scrolling the craft-building-menus (very slow, jerking)
- Avatar not collecting from buildings outside the screen

and many more.
If things stay like this I can't keep playing.

Anyone else having similar problems or even a solution?

Thanks!
P.

We just released an update yesterday to fix mot of these issues. Please update to 1.5.0.6g, you're currently on 1.5.0.4g. Let us know if you experience any of these issues or additional issues after updating and we'll continue looking into them! :)

brews3
06-21-16, 11:49 AM
I currently have Castle Story on 2 ipads and play fine between the both of them
However I am considering getting an Android phone.
My question is, can I play on the ipad in the morning, then Android on the phone while at work, then ipad in the evening?
I know some gameplay is limited on Android compared to iOS and I don't know if those servers "talk to each other"? If that makes sense.
Thanks!

88silver
06-21-16, 12:57 PM
One thing I noticed is that there is a dead spot on the right side of the screen where my taps are not registered. It's right where the promotion image would go if one was running right now (under the event icon). That area works to tap hearts in neighbor kingdoms, it's only dead in my own kingdom.

Any news if the dead spot is being worked on?

meme1098
06-21-16, 01:05 PM
Any news if the dead spot is being worked on?

We have that dead spot too in IOS. It's on the right side starting with the goal or value pack and goes all the way down to the Market icon. It is very frustrating when you're trying to do things there and the screen doesn't respond.
I asked about this a few weeks ago & was told its space reserved for packs, and other items to display there. Why they need the whole right side though is beyond me.

paisdelasmaravillas
06-21-16, 01:07 PM
I install 1.5.0.6g in Android (samsung galaxy s5) without problems
And It seems that everything works well
The issue of the reverse order in crafting buildings is solved, also the problem with the ruler outside of the screen

bald1e
06-21-16, 04:25 PM
My question is, can I play on the ipad in the morning, then Android on the phone while at work, then ipad in the evening?
I know some gameplay is limited on Android compared to iOS and I don't know if those servers "talk to each other"? If that makes sense.
Thanks!

Yes you can play on multiple devices with the one account. I do it on my main account if i recall correctly you can sync them through restaurant story2 which stores your storm8 id which in turn will sync your castle story account which afterwards if you don't like restaurant story its safe too get rid of but will keep your castle story synching together.

EDIT: Forgot to say 1 is android and 1 is ios

bald1e
06-21-16, 04:38 PM
I've installed 1.5.0.6g on my Android without problems as well and the menus are better in the right order and managed to use all my energy without the game crashing which is so much better. There's a little bit of game lag but that may be due to my old S3 phone. Thanks S8 for the fix.

88silver
06-21-16, 06:48 PM
We have that dead spot too in IOS. It's on the right side starting with the goal or value pack and goes all the way down to the Market icon. It is very frustrating when you're trying to do things there and the screen doesn't respond.
I asked about this a few weeks ago & was told its space reserved for packs, and other items to display there. Why they need the whole right side though is beyond me.

How weird. The left side, where ads for games go, isn't a dead spot, so it's not like they don't know how to code a spot to sometime show an icon and sometimes work for the game.

Wonkaland99
06-22-16, 03:32 AM
It looks like you have been able to watch a few videos and earn rewards. Does it require you to force close the game in order for the video to work?

Thank you for your continuing interest. I have so far received (from memory) 3 gems and 1 cabbage from a total of about 15-20 videos watched. For every video watched there are at least 5 occasions when it has failed to load. This gives an overall success rate of around 3%. I know what you never had you never miss, but I was really excited about the progress towards parity for Android.

This is a typical sequence of events:-

Open icon and click "watch"

Message "Sorry the video failed to load. Please try again later".

Repeat once or twice.

Screen goes grey "something is happening" symbol. I don't know what the name is, but it looks like a catherine wheel.

Message "Error. We're sorry, something went wrong. Please try again. Dismiss.

Repeat 2-3 times

Watch video if it loads, making sure it has finished. Close screen.

Message "Video did not finish. Would you like to watch another video to earn a free Gems?"

Repeat 2-3 times.

Game crashes!!!!

Repeat as often as I can keep my patience.

Anything you can do would be appreciated. I have installed the new version of the update, and the menus and ruler movements are now fixed - thank you.

rinoa26
06-22-16, 03:58 AM
Since the update I have problems with visiting my neighbours. For some reason visiting some just works normal but for others the game shuts down as soon as I visit their place or try to write to their wall.
Others having the same issue?

Fazziona
06-22-16, 07:31 AM
Hi,

I just checked my phone and noticed that data-consumption of CS has jumped significantly since the update. This will impact my monthly usage-plan. May be due to many crashes and logins, but it's a problem as it is.

Regards,
P.

blondevixen27
06-22-16, 01:32 PM
My Android has updated castle story. It won't work. I have uninstalled the game. Reinstalled it. I have cleaned my tablet, and restarted it.
It then allowed me to actually get onto the game. Empty my potion shop, kitchen. Then crashed on me again. So now I am back to a loading screen that won't load, then crashes.
I am so disappointed in this, and to be honest nothing more I can do. Other than hope its all fixed soon.
This was one of my favourite games. I never had issues in the past. Now....well. I just hope it's all fixed.
I understand that 'updates' need bugs removing etc. But surely this should have been tested etc before releasing the game back to us loyal players. Hope it's fixed soon.

PinkPiggie1230
06-23-16, 07:08 AM
Looks like the scrolling is working better now. The space above the Edit and Market buttons and below the "sale on gems" is the only space that won't allow you to move the screen around.

88silver
06-23-16, 05:24 PM
When I take a building or decoration out of inventory, it snaps to the closest area that it will fit, but then it won't let me move it before hitting the check mark to place it. If I want it moved, I have to place it where it snapped to, then pick it up and move it.

Jinc4
06-23-16, 09:51 PM
Hi,

I just checked my phone and noticed that data-consumption of CS has jumped significantly since the update. This will impact my monthly usage-plan. May be due to many crashes and logins, but it's a problem as it is.

Regards,
P.

Yes I have found that too.I have never had a data issue in a the year I've been playing CS, until the last few days when the consumption has been huge. I will have to restrict my playing when away from home now. I hope this is not a new feature.

punkskaatje
06-23-16, 11:29 PM
Please check again the next day to see if the option to earn rewards through watching the videos come back in the game.

We're still looking into the issue of the Ruler not moving when not in the frame and also the issue of crafts appearing backwards.

Thank you so much. Ruler can move good on screen and the lists are good again. The movies I can play again. This play so much better.
greetings Jolien ( NL)

Fazziona
06-24-16, 01:10 AM
There... on reduced speed now.
Reason I'm writing this is to report an old issue I really never bothered with. When on reduced speed (i.e. monthly internet contingent used up), castle story refuses to connect, claiming there's no internet connection at all. That's not true - other apps are running as normal (slower, of course).
Any chance to fix this?

Regards,
P.

punkskaatje
06-24-16, 03:57 AM
There... on reduced speed now.
Reason I'm writing this is to report an old issue I really never bothered with. When on reduced speed (i.e. monthly internet contingent used up), castle story refuses to connect, claiming there's no internet connection at all. That's not true - other apps are running as normal (slower, of course).
Any chance to fix this?

Regards,
P.

I thought I was the only one with that problem. But here the same. Not connected with internet... I must close wifi and then re connected with wifi if I want to play castle story. Other games haven't got this problem.

CuteTali
06-24-16, 04:36 AM
Thanks!

I would suggest to stay away from andoids completely for all S8 games. The reason being that android users get their games reset to level 1 with no warning and no way to reverse it. For instance, I can still play RS on my iPhone, but if I try to log into RS on my android, my entire game progress is gone and I've been playing it for 5-6 years now!! Writing to support didn't help, they didn't even bother replying to my request for support from months and months ago. Another neighbour of mine had the same issue and for him it was with CS, they had to restart. The only reason people can still keep their progress on iOS is with game center, but the account itself shows me back at level nothing. Androids+S8 games combo is extremely buggy, I would steer clear from them for these games.

PikaSquirrel
06-24-16, 02:22 PM
How weird. The left side, where ads for games go, isn't a dead spot, so it's not like they don't know how to code a spot to sometime show an icon and sometimes work for the game.

We've checked this on several devices and have not experienced this. If you're still seeing this, please let us know which item you're experiencing this with.

PikaSquirrel
06-24-16, 02:30 PM
For anyone experiencing crashes, please try force closing any apps running in the background of your device. As more features are supported in the new version, the game requires more resources from your device to run smoothly. If there isn't enough resources or you are playing on a older/weaker device, you may experience slow gameplay or crashes.

Please also try restarting your device. Another thing that may help is give a few minutes for your game to fully load all assets when you first open it and then start playing and queuing up actions.

If you are experiencing connection issues, please try resetting your wifi or data settings through your device and see if this helps.

PikaSquirrel
06-24-16, 02:36 PM
Thank you for your continuing interest. I have so far received (from memory) 3 gems and 1 cabbage from a total of about 15-20 videos watched. For every video watched there are at least 5 occasions when it has failed to load. This gives an overall success rate of around 3%. I know what you never had you never miss, but I was really excited about the progress towards parity for Android.

This is a typical sequence of events:-

Open icon and click "watch"

Message "Sorry the video failed to load. Please try again later".

Repeat once or twice.

Screen goes grey "something is happening" symbol. I don't know what the name is, but it looks like a catherine wheel.

Message "Error. We're sorry, something went wrong. Please try again. Dismiss.

Repeat 2-3 times

Watch video if it loads, making sure it has finished. Close screen.

Message "Video did not finish. Would you like to watch another video to earn a free Gems?"

Repeat 2-3 times.

Game crashes!!!!

Repeat as often as I can keep my patience.

Anything you can do would be appreciated. I have installed the new version of the update, and the menus and ruler movements are now fixed - thank you.

Sorry to hear you are still experiencing issues with this feature. :( Have you already tried closing out all apps in the background and also restarting your device to free up more resources for the game? Do you have a different device you can transfer your game to to see if you experience the same issue on that device?

PikaSquirrel
06-24-16, 02:42 PM
Thanks!

There is no login feature in Castle Story, but if you download Bakery Story, there is an "Account Settings" feature where you can use your Storm8 ID and password to log into your account. Go here (http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?59955-iOS-New-Login-feature-in-Restaurant-Story!-%28login-applies-to-all-games%29) for more information!

As long as you create a password, you can log into that account on your Android device while you are at work and access that account. When you go home, you can log into that same account on your iPad again to access and play too. There is no option to log into your account

88silver
06-24-16, 05:12 PM
We've checked this on several devices and have not experienced this. If you're still seeing this, please let us know which item you're experiencing this with.

I'm playing on a Nexus 7 running Android 6.0.1. I have Castle Story 1.5.0.6g installed.

In my own kingdom, the far right side of the screen is a "dead spot", and nothing I try to do works. I can't scroll if I tap my finger there. I can't have my ruler collect from anything that is in the dead spot unless I scroll the screen so that the building/item is out of the spot. I can't open a crafting building menu if the building is in the dead spot. I can't plant anything if the plots are in the dead spot. It's the entire side from under the S8 logo to above the "Market" icon. The event icon and the special offer icon work, but the empty space between the offer and the "Market" button is dead. And before the offer was made available today, that spot was dead. If I visit a neighbor kingdom, I can click on hearts in that area, so it's not a coding issue for the whole game--just when I'm within my own kingdom.

I also cannot properly place items from inventory or the marketplace anymore. It will snap to the most central open spot that is large enough and won't let me drag it to anywhere else without first placing it. I saw some people experiencing this with the plant rewards of the current event. For one person, the plant snapped on top of Old Thomas' house and she couldn't move it anywhere else.

meme1098
06-24-16, 06:22 PM
I'm playing on a Nexus 7 running Android 6.0.1. I have Castle Story 1.5.0.6g installed.

In my own kingdom, the far right side of the screen is a "dead spot", and nothing I try to do works. I can't scroll if I tap my finger there. I can't have my ruler collect from anything that is in the dead spot unless I scroll the screen so that the building/item is out of the spot. I can't open a crafting building menu if the building is in the dead spot. I can't plant anything if the plots are in the dead spot. It's the entire side from under the S8 logo to above the "Market" icon. The event icon and the special offer icon work, but the empty space between the offer and the "Market" button is dead. And before the offer was made available today, that spot was dead. If I visit a neighbor kingdom, I can click on hearts in that area, so it's not a coding issue for the whole game--just when I'm within my own kingdom.

I also cannot properly place items from inventory or the marketplace anymore. It will snap to the most central open spot that is large enough and won't let me drag it to anywhere else without first placing it. I saw some people experiencing this with the plant rewards of the current event. For one person, the plant snapped on top of Old Thomas' house and she couldn't move it anywhere else.

Here's the link to a thread regarding the dead spot down the right side to the Market icon. It's a closed thread but note Sparkly Octupus' response, post #9, at the bottom.

http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?90207-My-right-side-of-the-screen-does-not-respond&p=1268530#post1268530

CuteTali
06-24-16, 07:55 PM
There is no login feature in Castle Story, but if you download Bakery Story, there is an "Account Settings" feature where you can use your Storm8 ID and password to log into your account. Go here (http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?59955-iOS-New-Login-feature-in-Restaurant-Story!-%28login-applies-to-all-games%29) for more information!

As long as you create a password, you can log into that account on your Android device while you are at work and access that account. When you go home, you can log into that same account on your iPad again to access and play too. There is no option to log into your account

That doesn't always work. When I try logging into my account from my android, it still put my RS at level 1. I can't play in on android anymore.

88silver
06-25-16, 03:52 AM
I was just replying with more detail to the claim that the developers don't have a dead spot. Apparently one is saying there is no dead spot (in this thread) and another is saying that it's "reserved" (in your linked thread).

Wonkaland99
06-25-16, 08:27 AM
Sorry to hear you are still experiencing issues with this feature. :( Have you already tried closing out all apps in the background and also restarting your device to free up more resources for the game? Do you have a different device you can transfer your game to to see if you experience the same issue on that device?

I have tried closing background apps, but they just come back. I restart the tablet at least once a day, usually overnight.
I only have access to the one tablet, and my phone is just a phone!
I have a laptop and it seemed as though it would be possible to play CS via Bluestacks, but after trying for over 2 hours I am giving up that route.

I think I am going to have to bite the bullet and delete all the games I don't play very often, and see if that makes a difference.
I will come back to you! Thanks.

Fazziona
06-28-16, 02:07 AM
I'm still trying to get a grip on these two issues.
I do restart my device occasionally. Especially when these issues pile up. So expect I have done so on extensive crashes. It's one of the more obscure measures to take, although I do understand that it's the best way to "clean up" leftovers from other Apps. I've also tried to uninstall some Apps to lighten the device. Options on this route are limited, though.
So far, there seems to be little progress with this issue.

With connectivity issues - since on WiFi it's only the stability, not the connectivity, resetting WiFi seems pointless.
Additionally, the problem of "not logging in when on low data rate (OTA, not WiFi)" also exists after a reboot. Other applications can access the internet. So it is no connectivity issue.

Thanks!
P.

SpiritWind00
06-28-16, 04:22 AM
10: Troubleshooting wifi! (http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?75916-How-to-use-the-Hub-to-find-information-and-ask-questions&p=1190375&viewfull=1#post1190375) - link to the Hub post. Try the suggestions in this linked thread....

lubok
06-28-16, 03:08 PM
My Android has updated castle story. It won't work. I have uninstalled the game. Reinstalled it. I have cleaned my tablet, and restarted it.
It then allowed me to actually get onto the game. Empty my potion shop, kitchen. Then crashed on me again. So now I am back to a loading screen that won't load, then crashes.
I am so disappointed in this, and to be honest nothing more I can do. Other than hope its all fixed soon.
This was one of my favourite games. I never had issues in the past. Now....well. I just hope it's all fixed.
That's the way how this update works on my Android. Except for it has been installed without any problem. But the game crashes time after time at my first or second collecting from anything. And loading it takes ages compared to the previous version. Every new version of every game works worse and worse on my tablet. I see the only option for me - to play the old winter version and to forget about the current event. I had enough!

punkskaatje
07-02-16, 03:07 PM
The problem is back i can't play the movies on left side to urn a price and with the baron I can't see the movies the get more cabbage.
A couple of days now. Therefore sometimes it works sometimes not. But now its not working for 3 day.
kind regards, Jolien

Wonkaland99
07-04-16, 07:32 AM
I have tried closing background apps, but they just come back. I restart the tablet at least once a day, usually overnight.
I only have access to the one tablet, and my phone is just a phone!
I have a laptop and it seemed as though it would be possible to play CS via Bluestacks, but after trying for over 2 hours I am giving up that route.

I think I am going to have to bite the bullet and delete all the games I don't play very often, and see if that makes a difference.
I will come back to you! Thanks.

Nine days since my last post, and very little left on my tablet apart from CS. I have gained four gems and one cabbage in well over 100 tries with more than 20 videos watched.
Doubly disappointing as I just missed out on getting the Cabbage Hut at the sale price.

Fazziona
07-14-16, 05:56 AM
Personal Update: Today I removed CS from my phone. I cannot tolerate the data-transfer (OTA) the new version requires. It blows up my monthly data-plan. No chance for discussion.
Secondly, I'm looking forward to receive a new tablet and may be able to play on that new device, if (IF!) it is only a resource-problem. However, gameplay will change dramatically, since the availability of the tablet will be highly restricted to evening hours and WiFi.

Anyways - I'm curious to find out if there's a common future with CS and poor little me ;)

Regards,
P.

PikaSquirrel
07-18-16, 03:01 PM
If you are experiencing issues watching videos to earn rewards, please write to support@storm8.com so a support agent can look into this for you.