PDA

View Full Version : Searching the newspaper/shop

PookieBear50
06-23-15, 11:50 AM
Could we possibly get a different, alternate way of sorting our neighbors so we can see their Side Shops? If possibly, I'd really like to sort my neighbors by their levels.

Right now and during other events, or just when I'm trying to complete a balloon or train order, I have to really search through my neighbors' shops to find what I'm looking for, but because they are scattered through based on how many items they have in their Side Shops I sometimes have to go through the entire list. This is time consuming and very frustrating.

If I could re-sort my neighbors by their levels, at least I could jump to those neighbors who are more likely to have what I am looking for. For example, if I am looking for coffee and/or tea items from the Cafe, I could limit my search to the higher levels instead of having to search through the entire listing of neighbors, since some may only have 2 or 3 items in their shops, while lower levels might have 10-12 but not the ones I'm looking for.

Perhaps this could be a setting we choose, so that we always get either the one or the other method of sorting, unless and until we decide to change it to the other way.

I hope this made sense.

PookieBear50
11-25-15, 11:52 AM
With the addition of new levels and the possibility of new items to craft, etc., I think it might be more important than ever that we be able to adjust how we sort through our neighbors and find the items we're looking for. So perhaps--maybe through our game settings--we can opt for our neighbors' stores in our Side Shop screen to be sorted by their levels rather than how many items they have in their stores. This would let us:

- know which neighbors are able to craft higher level items without having to scroll through each high-to-low series of stores and instead go to those minimum levels and start our searching from there.
- know which neighbors are likely to have lower level items for sale because of their crafting limitations.

Alternately, perhaps we could get another option to search our neighbors' shops by product, maybe with a modified News Stand that lets us choose to either look at the Newspaper or a Magazine, and while the Newspaper functions normally, the Magazine could let us tap an icon of a particular crafting building, then an item we have access to/can craft, and it will either show us which (if any) of our neighbors might be selling it, or will show us maybe 5 currently active players who are selling that item. This would help us locate hard-to-find/long-to-craft items (e.g., vanilla candles, sashimi platters, etc.) that don't often appear in the News Paper.

raissawinda
11-25-15, 06:51 PM
With the addition of new levels and the possibility of new items to craft, etc., I think it might be more important than ever that we be able to adjust how we sort through our neighbors and find the items we're looking for. So perhaps--maybe through our game settings--we can opt for our neighbors' stores in our Side Shop screen to be sorted by their levels rather than how many items they have in their stores. This would let us:

- know which neighbors are able to craft higher level items without having to scroll through each high-to-low series of stores and instead go to those minimum levels and start our searching from there.
- know which neighbors are likely to have lower level items for sale because of their crafting limitations.

Alternately, perhaps we could get another option to search our neighbors' shops by product, maybe with a modified News Stand that lets us choose to either look at the Newspaper or a Magazine, and while the Newspaper functions normally, the Magazine could let us tap an icon of a particular crafting building, then an item we have access to/can craft, and it will either show us which (if any) of our neighbors might be selling it, or will show us maybe 5 currently active players who are selling that item. This would help us locate hard-to-find/long-to-craft items (e.g., vanilla candles, sashimi platters, etc.) that don't often appear in the News Paper.

that would be great, we're gonna make this game a super massive game with super ways to play. ;)
but to add, the only thing i need the most at the moment is the UNDO button for sure. OR, a 'History' feature like we have on our browsers. because, when i visit a player's shop by newspaper, then she/he doesn't activate the automatic adding neighbors feature, then i find that my barn/silo is full, and no way to upgrade, at least i can come back home, do something (instead of upgrading using gems), and then go back to that store to shop again the stuff i need after the newspaper refreshed. i often feel disappointed when i realize the newspaper has refreshed after emptying my barn/silo. :(

1Bar4G
11-29-15, 08:25 PM
I love both of PookieBear50's ideas! I've often wished I could sort by levels and search by items!

noemata
11-30-15, 12:59 AM
While both the search through newspaper and neighbors stores is a good idea, I'm not sure from a developers point of view that this would be featured in the game without S8 sacrificing the number of gems that you can get from completing a "standard" train, say; as this feature would make it easier for players to complete every train order for the 5 gems.

PookieBear50
11-30-15, 08:55 PM
I'm not sure how being able to sort neighbors' stores according to level would be an issue; we already have in place (sort of), except that it's spread out in up to 12 sections based on items in the stores.

The newspaper/magazine issue I can understand could be a problem. What if the Magazine only featured promoted items and the newspaper picked random items from various players' shops? Then only those items that get promoted would appear in the magazine if they could be sorted by item, and since some items don't get promoted because they sell so quickly, some of the train items would still require searching through neighbors' shops and the newspaper. For example, my last train order needed 8 Sashimi. I rarely see Sashimi in my neighbors' shops, and almost never see it in the newspaper. That would still maintain the difficulty to obtain some items to fulfill a train order while also making it easier to find other items.

boooma
06-07-16, 02:31 PM
Can we please search for the items we want to buy? I spend hours looking and it waste time. When you can search for what you exactly need, it will help us get events done faster. Hope this dream become reality one day.

lynard12
06-16-16, 02:33 PM
Can we please search for the items we want to buy? I spend hours looking and it waste time. When you can search for what you exactly need, it will help us get events done faster. Hope this dream become reality one day.

I agree if I'm looking for a specific item to fill a train delivery, it's nearly impossible! Why isn't there a way to find what you the item you need???