PDA

View Full Version : Best farming method?

maebirdx
06-04-16, 10:53 AM
I'm only level 51, and only three of my seven farms are enchanted. Any tips? I've been working on upgrading each one, but my coins are a bit low (spent quite a lot in Arctic isles, and now I'm down to 800k from 2mil)

MaribouMay
06-04-16, 02:48 PM
In my opinion, you should hold off on the Arctic Isle until you have more coins. It eats A LOT of coins and slows down your ability to do stuff on your main isle. That said, you may want to breed and evolve in the Arctic Isle during the leaderboard event for the points.

The goals push you to upgrade your farms earlier than I think is ideal. Plus big farms take up a lot more space; space you may need for habitats. I had 3-4 small farms until I was about level 100.

I believe the best way to earn coins is to level up your dragons and have as many habitats as you can afford/fit. There is nothing wrong with having one dragon in a small habitat, especially if you collect infrequently. Eventually, you can upgrade the habitats so they hold 3 dragons and more coins. Grow 3 minute food whenever possible. It is cheap and you can get quite a bit of food that way. Feed your higher earning dragons first and have one big earner in each habitat if possible. Spread your high earners around rather than housing them together. You can also focus on habitats that hold more coins. If you have a high earning red-green dragon, put it in a Green Grove (holds 1000 coins) instead of a Red Rocks (holds 250 coins).

When you can afford it in your Enchanted Farms, plant 10 minute crops (Upgrapes) or Rushrooms (1 hour), overnight the 5 hour Diamond Dates yield more than the 8 hour Eliteleeks. Unless you can afford to consistently plant expensive (high yielding) crops, there is no need to upgrade all of your farms.

ladymakay
06-04-16, 02:57 PM
I'm only level 51, and only three of my seven farms are enchanted. Any tips? I've been working on upgrading each one, but my coins are a bit low (spent quite a lot in Arctic isles, and now I'm down to 800k from 2mil)
Don't rush to upgrade the others, you're doing great especially at lvl 51! The only advantage of the upgraded farms is time, but you pay for it. I'd put upgrading the rest on hold and focus on continuing to collect on time, expansions, leveling up money making dragons and breeding. Plant cheaper crops, slow is smooth and smooth is fast :)

Jackiesq
06-05-16, 07:08 AM
It's different for everyone, because it depends on how often you can play...
I try to harvest every hour, and my coins are no problem, but what I did in the begin on days I wasn't able to harvest very often;

If you don't want to set alarms on, use your dayly routine as marker!
For me times are about this;
Breakfast at 7, lunch at 12, diner at 6 so 3x;
harvesting and planting 5 hour crops! Use Diamondates on the farms you can and Pumpwings on the others (I counted the costs to check how many farms I was able to plant Diamondates and you need the Enchanted farms for them)
Before I go to sleep at 11;
harvesting and planting 5/8 hour crops! Use Diamondates on the farms you can
But NOT if there is no World Event! (Because then 8h because of the points)
and Eliteleeks on the others.

What I did when I was able to harvest more often during a part of the day, but no coins for Rushrooms;
Harvesting about every hour;
First harvest and plant Buffbeets 3min
Then collecting all habitats,
Harvest and plant Upgrapes 10min
Come back in an hour...
The Upgrapes give 100, Fireapples only 50, so this gave more food and I had enough coins to plant 1 every hour in the beginning....

dragonsoflou
07-01-16, 12:25 PM
i'm glad i came across this thread - it's been VERY helpful. i noticed that fireapples cost 650 for 50 but buffbeets only cost 120 for 20 - much more economical and smarter move for the coins! b/c i was completing goals - i bought one large farm and upgraded small farm to large farm. wish i had seen this first!!

what i haven't found is when do rushrooms "start". i'm only on level 27 but harvesting rushrooms is one of the goals.

while i'm here.......might as well get it "all" out - the "Dawn" goals - how frustrating!! i've seen other threads but i'm still not getting anywhere. i have expanded to lower level - 3 times!! even did some clearing. harvested most of the crops required. but all "epic dragon" colors still show 0/10. perhaps i'm thinking of "epic dragon" incorrectly?? are E.D.'s the "regular" dragons in habitats or special/specific dragons??

my only other "peeve" is that i have an egg stuck in nest! free spin won me Sweet Tooth Dragon which i know are rare. i nested it by accident and now i can't hatch it b/c i don't have habitat which i can't get til level 30 :-( i have the option to sell but its only 100 coins which seems like rotten deal for rare dragon.

hope you'll be able to provide some help/answers. always appreciated!! :-)

Jackiesq
07-01-16, 03:48 PM
i'm glad i came across this thread - it's been VERY helpful. i noticed that fireapples cost 650 for 50 but buffbeets only cost 120 for 20 - much more economical and smarter move for the coins! b/c i was completing goals - i bought one large farm and upgraded small farm to large farm. wish i had seen this first!!

what i haven't found is when do rushrooms "start". i'm only on level 27 but harvesting rushrooms is one of the goals.

while i'm here.......might as well get it "all" out - the "Dawn" goals - how frustrating!! i've seen other threads but i'm still not getting anywhere. i have expanded to lower level - 3 times!! even did some clearing. harvested most of the crops required. but all "epic dragon" colors still show 0/10. perhaps i'm thinking of "epic dragon" incorrectly?? are E.D.'s the "regular" dragons in habitats or special/specific dragons??

my only other "peeve" is that i have an egg stuck in nest! free spin won me Sweet Tooth Dragon which i know are rare. i nested it by accident and now i can't hatch it b/c i don't have habitat which i can't get til level 30 :-( i have the option to sell but its only 100 coins which seems like rotten deal for rare dragon.

hope you'll be able to provide some help/answers. always appreciated!! :-)

For the rushrooms you need the Enchanted farm.

About the dawn goals, you need to evolve 10 dragons with red in it to epic, that's level 10, for the red one, and so on for all colors...

Auch, you need a fairytale- or rainbow-habitat... I think it's better to wait and do as much as you can to get exp, so you reach the level as fast as you can. Sweet Tooth is a very very good fighter in the arena.

dragonsoflou
07-02-16, 04:27 PM
thank you so very much! really glad there are players out there willing to help newbies like me!! ;)