PDA

View Full Version : Leaderboard event again

orson92
06-02-16, 10:52 AM
Just got a pop up stating another Leaderboard event is starting tomorrow
After all the posts on this forum about it that last two times , I am surprised they are still going to give us yet ANOTHER
I guess they make too much money and are only thinking of themselves rather than how we, as a community and their providers, care
All I say is SHAME SHAME S8 for being so selfish

amerirish
06-02-16, 11:05 AM
Noooooooooooo!!!!!! :mad: :mad: :mad:

HuckBellery
06-02-16, 11:06 AM
Just got a pop up stating another Leaderboard event is starting tomorrow
After all the posts on this forum about it that last two times , I am surprised they are still going to give us yet ANOTHER
I guess they make too much money and are only thinking of themselves rather than how we, as a community and their providers, care
All I say is SHAME SHAME S8 for being so selfish

Totally agree.

Here is pop-up, at least dragon doesn't look intresting IMO. However, for some reason it seems to be a four-type one for me..

freshfunin2008
06-02-16, 11:12 AM
I think we all knew this will happen. I expect it to be a monthly event just as the Tales, and world event are now.

sandygin
06-02-16, 11:15 AM
no. I hate the leaderboard events. I always get stuck with a bunch of spenders and never have a chance

random59
06-02-16, 11:17 AM
I think we all knew this will happen. I expect it to be a monthly event just as the Tales, and world event are now.

Well I choose to sit this one out and play by normal game. I actually thought we took part in a poll about these type of events and the overall result was we did not like the pitting of players against one another!
As this is a major gold revenue for them, I agree we will be seeing more of them.

BeSweet247
06-02-16, 11:18 AM
... at least dragon doesn't look intresting IMO. However, for some reason it seems to be a four-type one for me..

I agree. Think I may sit out another event altogether. Still worn out, even after sitting out of the Arcane event.

The colors are very distinct. I wonder if it may be a tropic/fairytale hybrid (possibly even w/ white) to get all them colors into the gene pool. IF this does end up a hybrid of multiple minors, they may suck me into competing for it.

lenasdinner
06-02-16, 11:21 AM

yes it is!! better get use to this ...like it or not.
I was expecting this,even I don't like it to much,can't win the dragon,and not even the last milestone prize.but at the end we can't win all,even I like this dragon,dosen't look bad.he has some kind of new shape...differnt. will see what ever happens happens not expecting much.

orson92
06-02-16, 11:22 AM
Well I choose to sit this one out and play by normal game. I actually thought we took part in a poll about these type of events and the overall result was we did not like the pitting of players against one another!
As this is a major gold revenue for them, I agree we will be seeing more of them.
Guess they don't care about what we think..they will do whatever makes them money and this is obviously one of them..this event pits the players that HAVE TO HAVE EVERY SINGLE DRAGON against the rest of us that can't afford to do so
They should putall those players in their own group and watch the sales of gold go skyrocketing..I for one would love to see how high someone is willing to go for a ' virtual' prize..

YeahBabyBabylonian
06-02-16, 11:23 AM
Ugh.

fhjigfrf
06-02-16, 11:25 AM
I like the leaderboard events. I don't spend gold and didn't win either dragon so far, but I like competing against myself for the milestones.

random59
06-02-16, 11:53 AM
Why did we have a poll?

LilliDee
06-02-16, 12:06 PM
At least they did fix things last time so we could get the milestone dragons without spending gold. I just go for those and don't worry about the final prize. Now I just hope the milestones aren't dragons I already have.

anaghasaki
06-02-16, 12:14 PM
Ughhhhh.. boohooo.. nice birthday present S8..starting right on my birthday.. with another beastly dragon:-(:-(:-( first thing I saw on my birthday (12 AM here) is this popup:-(:-(:-( nice way to start another year of my life.. I was waiting for event.. I have kept my 30 hrs old trinket and a 16 hrs ambassador that I got from breeding in nest just for event.. and now there is no event:-(:-(:-(:-(:-(:-(

Sandybellee
06-02-16, 12:16 PM
I hope we get another habitat as a milestone! I don't even consider competing for the grand prize but I'm happy to get any milestones I can.

BlackKat9
06-02-16, 12:26 PM
I wouldnt mind another habitat, either, and maybe a chance at getting dragons that are not available right now as the lower milestones. I won't spend a dime or stress myself at all. So not worth "competing"

snowyhillz
06-02-16, 12:52 PM
Why did we have a poll?

S8 did not do the poll... It was the players

snowyhillz
06-02-16, 12:54 PM
I don't mind the leaderboards, I get some milestone dragons and also hope they will have a habitat as a prize

Bastiaan0
06-02-16, 01:14 PM
Maybe I'll just keep on playing halloween version and pretend these fleaderboard events simply don't exist.

chewingthecud
06-02-16, 01:27 PM
Hello All. Yes I hate them too but my stance has changed - I don't compete but I see them as a great opportunity to get some new dragons for free. So I don't even bother with the competitive side of this. It seems there are a few people out there that love these events and don't mind paying money for them - these can go for it and bolster S8s finances so that the game continues for those like me. So it is a win win. Yes there are social ethical issues for some but I suppose it is like gambling - life is about free choice and that brings both good and bad. Ok enough philosophizing! Cheers everyone and enjoy!;)

9krm
06-02-16, 01:28 PM
I didn't mind the last one because I knew after 1 day that I wouldn't win. I just tried to get the milestones and was happy to get a dragon and habitat without spending any gold.

Jennerwein1
06-02-16, 01:29 PM
I don't mind those leaderboard events anymore.I have decided that I don't care to win the leader dragon ( got one, lives in obscurity, not worth the anxiety), but the milestones are fun. I just hope the dragons are decent and there is a habitat.These events are all luck and money based. Very little strategy. So I will be enjoying this for whatever I get, maybe I'll be lucky, maybe I'll get to watch people spend lots of money again. All the same to me.

Ilsadrago
06-02-16, 01:51 PM
Hello All. Yes I hate them too but my stance has changed - I don't compete but I see them as a great opportunity to get some new dragons for free. So I don't even bother with the competitive side of this. It seems there are a few people out there that love these events and don't mind paying money for them - these can go for it and bolster S8s finances so that the game continues for those like me. So it is a win win. Yes there are social ethical issues for some but I suppose it is like gambling - life is about free choice and that brings both good and bad. Ok enough philosophizing! Cheers everyone and enjoy!;)

I agree with you. I love hitting the milestones and getting free dragons. The habit last time was a great bonus! I spend $35 a month on gold (on sale) and consider it an entertainment expense. If I drop $15 on a movie and popcorn, it's over in 2 hours. The $ I spend on this buys something I own and enjoy. I guess that's as good a rationalization as any! I would never spend what people seem to to win one of these events though!

Niire
06-02-16, 02:02 PM

This. This is exactly how I am now viewing the leaderboard events. let them make money off folks who actually do the leaderboard, I'm in it for the milestones. Really hoping that they keep the habitat in the event, as that really really made it easier to swallow for me. :)

PS..They need the money to make sure they keep FlatFoot on the team, I cannot get enough of his/her dragons!! Much love! (Not saying other folks are not talented as well, because I love love all the flowery and bad to the bone dragons made by all the team! )

pernmagic
06-02-16, 02:18 PM
This. This is exactly how I am now viewing the leaderboard events. let them make money off folks who actually do the leaderboard, I'm in it for the milestones. Really hoping that they keep the habitat in the event, as that really really made it easier to swallow for me. :)

PS..They need the money to make sure they keep FlatFoot on the team, I cannot get enough of his/her dragons!! Much love! (Not saying other folks are not talented as well, because I love love all the flowery and bad to the bone dragons made by all the team! )
I agree , the milestones and a habitat are OK for me without too much worry or hassle :)

Clark_Wayne
06-02-16, 02:55 PM
i still don't like leaderboard and i don't think i'm going to do this one (not much time at the moment)
but if the milestones are interesting, i may be interested to get the milestones prizes

lisabandit2
06-02-16, 03:48 PM
I have been against the pitting of player v player & knowing from day 1 I wouldn't win. But, I have read the posts here & going into it with a little different attitude. I have yet to hit more than 2 individual milestones. Depending on tasks this time, I might try for those harder WITHOUT spending gold. Since we're stuck with it, I'll see how that philosophy works....can hardly wait for more tiles....😐

porkchomp
06-02-16, 04:30 PM
I'm looking forward to it... hope i get a good grouping (non gold spenders) and that all milestones can be achieved without spending gold. Maybe one of those will happen. ;)

DeeDe99
06-02-16, 05:15 PM
I hope we get another habitat as a milestone! I don't even consider competing for the grand prize but I'm happy to get any milestones I can.

I wouldnt mind another habitat, either, and maybe a chance at getting dragons that are not available right now as the lower milestones. I won't spend a dime or stress myself at all. So not worth "competing"

What they said. Not competing, not even going to buy the little decor thing this time which I did before as collectibles. Yes, a free habitat would be nice. Time to "keep calm and grow food".

moonchild1987
06-02-16, 05:41 PM
I have changed my mind completely about the leaderboard event. I am fine with them staying. I love the milestones, especially the habitat. I will compete as long as the other players in my group don't go overboard, which didn't happen the first two times around (so, I'm expecting it to happen this time.) And, I have no problem not winning tropic tide if it is not in the cards for me. I actually got lucky and came in second both times. I found the second leaderboard much less stressful when I only worried about milestones. Didn't spend any gold the first time and only got to Pinata, better planning and getting the breeding roost when it was on sale(which I hope they do again) got me all the milestones. I'm excited...bring it on!

silverybunny
06-02-16, 05:48 PM
A lot of you have made some very good points I can't quote all. ��

These are my thoughts YES they will keep doing as long as people spend lots of gold to win no matter what we say here we are just a handful of those that play and the mighty dollar speaks louder! With that said we are stuck with them this is et up that only those willing to spend lots of gold will win the final prize. My plan will be to just play as normal battling for pieces to craft breed and hatching there is always at least 1 dragon I am trying to breed BUT I will not go out of my way to spend gold to win! The milestones have been cool to get have yet to be able to get all so I hope they make them a bit easier. Now for this one I HATE this final dragon I think it is UGLY! So I don't even want on my island I just hope the milestones are better.

Tracey8170
06-02-16, 08:53 PM
I didn't no the leader board event is today I never got anything

ladymakay
06-02-16, 09:30 PM
The first Leaderboard event I didn't care for at all but still came in 2nd without spending Gold , 2nd one I was pleased to get a dragon and especially the habitat, didn't mind placing lower..hey I got 15,000 apples without spending any money so no complaints at all. I'll just play this one the same way. ..regular play, if it earns me points great, if not that's great also because I'm not investing anything outside of normal play ☺.

random59
06-02-16, 09:44 PM
What I would like to see is all the gold users go into groups and all the non spending gold players put together, to me that would be fair. The milestones are great for new players but a lot of is already have these dragons on offer. I suppose it's grow food and breed nothing new in the next 10 days!

bsxu
06-02-16, 10:58 PM
I am really exhausted from the recent battle and dragon tale events. Most likely to give the upcoming leaderboard a miss as it is very time- consuming and frustrating with leaderboard events.

amerirish
06-03-16, 07:27 AM
I have a sinking feeling that the milestones will be harder to get than last time :( It seems too many players were able to get all the milestones last time with spending little or no gold. They're probably going to tweak the numbers just so it's harder this time :(

jjblueyes
06-03-16, 07:37 AM
I still very much despise everything about this event and how long it lasts ****s me. IF any of the milestones are things I don't have it will make it somewhat bearable and worth logging on at least. The first event I had all the dragons so it was a double yuck. I was happy to have a dragon or 2 that I still needed the last time. I know it's harder when many of us have been playing and have a ton already. Also, as some people have pointed out, it makes some of these prizes not as special or rare when many people can get them. It's great for newer players & I'm not even a tiny bit begrudging others. It's just the reality for me.
I'm certainly not going to get stressed this time and my kids are not interested in playing at all. Being a small island who plays part time due to school, they had a very reasonable group last time and with a lot of hard work, they nabbed the mama dragon. They believe that their group will most likely be winners as people were pointing out last time & they won't be able to compete with most of them. If there were ways to make this thing even kind of fair I might not loath it so.
I am glad to see many of us not allowing this to be stressful. I however don't enjoy them. Just MO. Well wishes and hoping everyone gets a little something new out of it! ;)

jjblueyes
06-03-16, 07:38 AM
I have a sinking feeling that the milestones will be harder to get than last time :( It seems too many players were able to get all the milestones last time with spending little or no gold. They're probably going to tweak the numbers just so it's harder this time :(

Oh fun. Are are probably correct.

tuffyjkitten
06-03-16, 07:58 AM
I will be interested to see how the groups are constructed this time. First one I was pretty low ranked and got as far as Pinata. Placed in a nice non-spender group for the second, I got all the milestones and finished 2nd to win the prize. This time I fear I will be in a winners group that spends like crazy and the milestones will be harder to get. That's not me, so I will continue to play as normally as possible and get whatever milestones I can.

LocalNews
06-03-16, 08:18 AM

That is exactly how I feel. Now anybody can win the dragons without competing against each other unless you want to spend boatloads of money to get the trophies. Last time, I got all the dragons spending minimal gold. Of course, getting an ultra rare dragon during the event did not hurt me. I am glad that everybody can get the top dragon now instead of a few people like the first time. I just play the event and see what happens. I was happy to get the Tanuki dragon during the first event.

Tracey8170
06-03-16, 08:26 AM
Did the Leader board start? It said 10:30 now it's 11:30 am I the only one that can't do this event?

Tracey8170
06-03-16, 08:41 AM
Did the Leader board start already? I don't have this event how come?

Niire
06-03-16, 08:46 AM
It starts pacific time at 10:30. It should start after the spinning wheel disappears. :)

Tracey8170
06-03-16, 08:47 AM
Leader board it said it starts at 10:30 and now it's 11:30 and I don't have this event. It's starts at 10:30 right?

hestiarulez
06-03-16, 10:32 AM
:-O Leaderboard started, and I am the only one in my group... I hope it stays that way :P

06hunter
06-03-16, 10:43 AM
Where is the Coral Sculpture? I can't buy one

hestiarulez
06-03-16, 10:46 AM
LOL.. spin to win every minute... that will bring in a lot of internet traffic!!

lady_saphira
06-03-16, 10:50 AM
LOL.. spin to win every minute... that will bring in a lot of internet traffic!!
I saw that and wondered if it was a mistake, lol.

rasike
06-03-16, 10:55 AM

It must be a mistake. It's crazy, I already have 1280 points! Dear TL, please, fix this, otherwise I will not have time for anything else than this game LOL

kooky panda
06-03-16, 11:02 AM
Leaderboard event live:
Tropic Tides LeaderBoard Event June 2016 (http://forums.storm8.com./showthread.php?92000-Tropic-Tides-LeaderBoard-Event-June-2016)