PDA

View Full Version : New Land Expansion: June 1 2016

random59
05-27-16, 05:33 PM
JUst had a notification pop up of come check our new land expansion but can't find one anywhere, was I dreaming?

Edit - KP

New areas to expand:

http://i1273.photobucket.com/albums/y416/kookypanda99/401116bf-4493-4dcf-addc-6bf362241909_zpsokchtuyy.png (http://s1273.photobucket.com/user/kookypanda99/media/401116bf-4493-4dcf-addc-6bf362241909_zpsokchtuyy.png.html)

[S8] Elsa
05-27-16, 06:06 PM
You know when you're super excited to share good news and you share it too early? We kinda did that. Sorry. ;<

The expansions aren't live, but they're coming soon-ish. As you may have noticed, we're real stoked about it. We hope you are too.

random59
05-27-16, 06:11 PM
Elsa;1301703']You know when you're super excited to share good news and you share it too early? We kinda did that. Sorry. ;<

The expansions aren't live, but they're coming soon-ish. As you may have noticed, we're real stoked about it. We hope you are too.

AWESOME!! Great news Elsa, yes everyone will be totally stoked!

chloesisland
05-27-16, 06:14 PM
This is great news. Can you give us some additional great news by increasing the habitat limit - please!

kimandamelia
05-27-16, 06:38 PM
This is great news. Can you give us some additional great news by increasing the habitat limit - please!

Seriously! !! Yes, it is definitely great to give us new land, but what is the point if we can put nothing on it except floor tiles?

Kennedward
05-27-16, 08:06 PM
Nice!

BlackKat9
05-27-16, 11:39 PM
Great news!

amalsaba
05-28-16, 08:26 AM
Elsa;1301703']You know when you're super excited to share good news and you share it too early? We kinda did that. Sorry. ;<

Awesome, thanks Elsa! I got the notification too and I got so excited. Any news about putting thd gold producing dragons on sale?

Jrod333
05-28-16, 06:45 PM
Great news!

Yes hopefully it's the mining land, then yea great news . If it's just the land we already had that's been locked, well it's about time, and that should have never been locked to begin with imo.

Niire
05-28-16, 06:57 PM
I am excited, and crossing everything that can be crossed that this is the mining islands that will be added in, lol. I NEED food! And cannot mine the island side any more. :(

Kennedward
05-29-16, 05:27 AM
I can't wait for this, as I've finished expanding a few months ago, and have almost taken up all available space since then

DeeDe99
05-29-16, 06:22 PM
Good. I do not want to remove decor, it is part of the game.

binski69
05-29-16, 11:59 PM
Elsa when you say "soon ish" just how soon would that be? Will S8 also increase how many islands we can have?

Jrod333
05-30-16, 06:11 AM
Elsa when you say "soon ish" just how soon would that be? Will S8 also increase how many islands we can have?

She probably just didn't want to say coming soon, since soon obviously has a different meaning to TL. Android users have has coming soon over the album icon for going on 2 years, so for a TL person to say coming soon could mean anything. Hopefully soon ish is alot sooner than soon lol

Kennedward
05-30-16, 06:30 AM
Good. I do not want to remove decor, it is part of the game.

Wow, you still have decor? I have none

Jrod333
05-30-16, 02:09 PM

I have decor, it's what fills my storage to non scrollable capacity 😨
Anyone at 181 habitats has no room for decor, certainly not with the extra gold bought items like diamond temple, stable, 3 extra nests and extra evolution temple

DeeDe99
05-30-16, 03:55 PM

I have decor, it's what fills my storage to non scrollable capacity ��
Anyone at 181 habitats has no room for decor, certainly not with the extra gold bought items like diamond temple, stable, 3 extra nests and extra evolution temple

Yes, I have decor and I like it. S8 need to ensure there is room not only for habitats, but for the decor. In fact, I would like a lot more space to do much more artistic layouts than I currently have. I have zero interest in cramming the available space full of habitats. To me that is not aesthetically pleasing at all and would more than likely stop me playing completely.

I have 325 dragons on 109 habitats, so a long way to 181. However, I will not fit 181 habitats without removing decor, I've calculated that out. Not happy about that.

Clark_Wayne
05-30-16, 04:30 PM

extra evolution temple ? where is it ? :eek:
i only know there is an extra breeding den !

Jrod333
05-30-16, 07:44 PM
extra evolution temple ? where is it ? :eek:
i only know there is an extra breeding den !

Yep sorry, I meant extra breeding den

Kennedward
05-31-16, 06:44 AM

I dont have 181 habitats but very close, as I'm running out of land and I've finished expanding. Decors are useless for me

Kennedward
05-31-16, 06:45 AM
Yes, I have decor and I like it. S8 need to ensure there is room not only for habitats, but for the decor. In fact, I would like a lot more space to do much more artistic layouts than I currently have. I have zero interest in cramming the available space full of habitats. To me that is not aesthetically pleasing at all and would more than likely stop me playing completely.

I have 325 dragons on 109 habitats, so a long way to 181. However, I will not fit 181 habitats without removing decor, I've calculated that out. Not happy about that.

Agreed.

It's because there's no room to put decors that's why all my decors are in storage, lost count how many I have or which ones I have for that matter

[S8] Elsa
06-01-16, 11:03 AM
She probably just didn't want to say coming soon, since soon obviously has a different meaning to TL. Android users have has coming soon over the album icon for going on 2 years, so for a TL person to say coming soon could mean anything. Hopefully soon ish is alot sooner than soon lol

Soon as in right now. :P

I didn't want to promise a specific day in case the schedule changed. Enjoy~*!

Bastiaan0
06-01-16, 11:13 AM
Elsa;1303165']Soon as in right now. :P

Yeah, thanks Elsa :)
Now these maps from the wheel come in handy ;):p

kooky panda
06-01-16, 11:21 AM
http://i1273.photobucket.com/albums/y416/kookypanda99/401116bf-4493-4dcf-addc-6bf362241909_zpsokchtuyy.png (http://s1273.photobucket.com/user/kookypanda99/media/401116bf-4493-4dcf-addc-6bf362241909_zpsokchtuyy.png.html)

MaribouMay
06-01-16, 11:49 AM

Thank you! Plus a habitat increase! happydance

freshfunin2008
06-01-16, 11:58 AM
Can we expand to both rows or just the one for now?

AwesomeChefDad
06-01-16, 12:04 PM
I was hoping for a dynamite expansion outside the general island, not just an added row.

Niire
06-01-16, 12:31 PM
I was too, but always happy to see the limit raised and more room. :) I need the food from island mining. :(

snowyhillz
06-01-16, 01:02 PM
I was too, but always happy to see the limit raised and more room. :) I need the food from island mining. :(

When it gets to the last mining expansion I leave it unexpanded so I can keep mining

Niire
06-01-16, 01:30 PM
When it gets to the last mining expansion I leave it unexpanded so I can keep mining

Yeah... I was decorating for royal flush on the islands, and like a dum dum I accidentally did the last expansion. :( I was saving like half an island, and I just went silly and now it's closed off for me, lol.

snowyhillz
06-01-16, 01:48 PM
Yeah... I was decorating for royal flush on the islands, and like a dum dum I accidentally did the last expansion. :( I was saving like half an island, and I just went silly and now it's closed off for me, lol.

When they first came out I fully expanded and had to wait ages for it to open up so I'm real careful now to double check.

Jrod333
06-01-16, 02:08 PM

Is it really to much, all the customers who have been asking for the right mine reopened and a few more floating islands? I appreciate the extra spots but that land was already there but purposely locked from us, so it's no real exciting surprise that we'd get to expand there. I mean you guys know alot of people want and need their mine opened up and I know it's as simple as copying that section of code to duplicate another 20 floating islands like was done for the 2nd 20 islands . I just don't get it. I think TL loves to make people happy and suffer at the same time. Another month or 2 and we'll all be right back at square 1

Carbuck
06-01-16, 02:17 PM
Yay! Fantastic news! ;) ;);)

[S8] Elsa
06-01-16, 02:32 PM
Is it really to much, all the customers who have been asking for the right mine reopened and a few more floating islands? I appreciate the extra spots but that land was already there but purposely locked from us, so it's no real exciting surprise that we'd get to expand there. I mean you guys know alot of people want and need their mine opened up and I know it's as simple as copying that section of code to duplicate another 20 floating islands like was done for the 2nd 20 islands . I just don't get it. I think TL loves to make people happy and suffer at the same time. Another month or 2 and we'll all be right back at square 1

That's not how that works. If I suggested we copy/pasta some islands, they might ban me from the coffee machine for a few days. :'(

ETA: btw I'm totally joking :P

Jrod333
06-01-16, 04:45 PM
Elsa;1303274']That's not how that works. If I suggested we copy/pasta some islands, they might ban me from the coffee machine for a few days. :'(

What I mean by that is that's it's a very simple process for you guys to add more for us, obviously not a direct copy/pasta, but it's close enough. Well I'm sure there's a nicer way for you to suggest them to reopen please, or do they know and not care? We are told nothing, so we know nothing. People are stuck frustrated constantly. Don't you think it's long overdue for all us customers with the closed mine, lose of extra food and the desperate need to expand more in all directions? Not to mention having billions and nothing to buy except diamond dates. I and many others would like some kind of response. I'd imagine the devs and other TL employees as having maxed out accounts themselves, would feel our pain in these areas and then do something about it but I don't think that's the case, do any of them actually play this game seriously?

Jrod333
06-01-16, 05:07 PM
Elsa;1303274']That's not how that works. If I suggested we copy/pasta some islands, they might ban me from the coffee machine for a few days. :'(

Actually that's funny and makes sense , TL is like that with their employees too huh? You ask for something desperately needed and you get no response, just suffering. Seems about right. If people are crying out in the forums for certain things in the game, maybe coming up with new events and pushing out 50 new dragons isn't the right things to be working on over there. We are trying to help and play this game faithfully. We want and need certain things and only you guys can add them for us. The continued flow of dragons with the baby spoon feedings of habitats and unlocked land is getting so tiresome, especially with these other issues people are actually asking about constantly getting ignored and not added for us

[S8] Elsa
06-01-16, 05:08 PM
What I mean by that is that's it's a very simple process for you guys to add more for us, obviously not a direct copy/pasta, but it's close enough. Well I'm sure there's a nicer way for you to suggest them to reopen please, or do they know and not care? We are told nothing, so we know nothing. People are stuck frustrated constantly. Don't you think it's long overdue for all us customers with the closed mine, lose of extra food and the desperate need to expand more in all directions? Not to mention having billions and nothing to buy except diamond dates. I and many others would like some kind of response. I'd imagine the devs and other TL employees as having maxed out accounts themselves, would feel our pain in these areas and then do something about it but I don't think that's the case, do any of them actually play this game seriously?

They're aware that there are end-game challenges for long term players and part of the expansion/habitat cap raise was to address some of those challenges. It's an ongoing consideration. :)

Jrod333
06-02-16, 02:25 AM
Elsa;1303309']They're aware that there are end-game challenges for long term players and part of the expansion/habitat cap raise was to address some of those challenges. It's an ongoing consideration. :)

OK cool thanks :-)

pernmagic
06-02-16, 03:18 AM
Elsa;1303309']They're aware that there are end-game challenges for long term players and part of the expansion/habitat cap raise was to address some of those challenges. It's an ongoing consideration. :)
Thanks for response :)

freshfunin2008
06-02-16, 07:45 AM

This is all there own doing as well. They painted themselves into this corner. Now they need to fix it.

Drachenia
06-02-16, 12:26 PM

Oh nice thank you Elsa , I'm LVL 200 and the additional land is great . I would be happy if I could say that at Fantasy Forest Story also. :D

sleepygs
06-02-16, 01:06 PM
I'm far below the cap of floating islands, but I'd never realized the mine would shut down! Oh no! I'd like to be aware of it before I click expand one too many times. How many pieces of mined land are there?

I'm very excited that the rest of the island is getting bigger. Although DS already runs so slow, I would like to have more space. I can't seem to get ahead and have room for decor! I crafted many of the contra-flowers and extra empty essences to put around my island, but I'm cramped with habitats!

jaymieb2
06-02-16, 07:09 PM
I'm far below the cap of floating islands, but I'd never realized the mine would shut down! Oh no! I'd like to be aware of it before I click expand one too many times. How many pieces of mined land are there?

There are two sets of 20 spots. Each spot is big enough for one 4x4 habitat. The first set has green trees. The second set has blue trees.

I was hoping that each island was one, and that there were 20 mined islands. Nope! :-)

lenasdinner
06-02-16, 09:22 PM
Im getting pop out too for this land.this is probobly stupid,but is it on jet this land or where is it,where we can look for it?

pernmagic
06-03-16, 12:48 AM
Appreciate the expansion I had just cleared my last space although not all cleared land is full yet :) thanks :)

kooky panda
06-03-16, 02:12 PM
Im getting pop out too for this land.this is probobly stupid,but is it on jet this land or where is it,where we can look for it?
There is a picture on post 1 showing the new expansions.

random59
06-03-16, 02:18 PM

I think this is what is confusing is the pop up of the expansion31358

Kennedward
06-03-16, 06:26 PM
Finally! I needed more space since a few months ago!

sleepygs
06-03-16, 07:16 PM
Thank you!!!!

There are two sets of 20 spots. Each spot is big enough for one 4x4 habitat. The first set has green trees. The second set has blue trees.

I was hoping that each island was one, and that there were 20 mined islands. Nope! :-)

jjblueyes
06-04-16, 07:31 AM
I have decor, it's what fills my storage to non scrollable capacity 

If you get to where you have hundreds on hundreds in dragons, have all space used and no habitats you will lose your decor. I have zero. It can get frustrating to see these nice islands all organized and full of fun and I can hardly move a thing. Maybe there's a reason some of us long long time players are more annoyed around here and seem to complain. I know I'm not a typical "complainer" I just get frustrated sometimes with the situation. I spend the same money and I am as loyal, and I get stuck in a corner all the time. I would love to have my decor out, any decor out. I've had to let that go long, oh so long ago. I had a pretty island at one time and as my space went so did the cute things, one by one. It is made worse by all the earned "prizes" in each event. A decoration is no prize to many of us. It's just another thing we can't use. Probably ever. How is that cool? I would almost rather have coins, as useless as that would be for me but at least I wouldn't have a line of things I can't use and a reminder of my situation every Event.
I'm happy we have more land and I guess as I level up I will get a few more habitats. That's great. I don't know if it will allow me to play freely but I recognize and appreciate the effort!
If you have a pretty island I'm glad you have it. If you plan on playing for a long time you might not get to keep it. It's interesting, The idea that s8 should make sure we can keep decor? It's not doing that now. I don't see a senecio where I could decorate my island unless the space and habitats became limitless, I don't see how. I will soon be maxed out again. This expansion helps however, I have a stable full of dragons and a storage full of dragons and a gazillion useless decor items.
That's just my reality and jrods and kennedwards and all us 3-4 year players.
Happy to see the new land and I will gladly use it! Keep them coming and maybe I will decorate someday if able.

Kennedward
06-04-16, 07:40 AM
If you get to where you have hundreds on hundreds in dragons, have all space used and no habitats you will lose your decor. I have zero. It can get frustrating to see these nice islands all organized and full of fun and I can hardly move a thing. Maybe there's a reason some of us long long time players are more annoyed around here and seem to complain. I know I'm not a typical "complainer" I just get frustrated sometimes with the situation. I spend the same money and I am as loyal, and I get stuck in a corner all the time. I would love to have my decor out, any decor out. I've had to let that go long, oh so long ago. I had a pretty island at one time and as my space went so did the cute things, one by one. It is made worse by all the earned "prizes" in each event. A decoration is no prize to many of us. It's just another thing we can't use. Probably ever. How is that cool? I would almost rather have coins, as useless as that would be for me but at least I wouldn't have a line of things I can't use and a reminder of my situation every Event.
I'm happy we have more land and I guess as I level up I will get a few more habitats. That's great. I don't know if it will allow me to play freely but I recognize and appreciate the effort!
If you have a pretty island I'm glad you have it. If you plan on playing for a long time you might not get to keep it. It's interesting, The idea that s8 should make sure we can keep decor? It's not doing that now. I don't see a senecio where I could decorate my island unless the space and habitats became limitless, I don't see how. I will soon be maxed out again. This expansion helps however, I have a stable full of dragons and a storage full of dragons and a gazillion useless decor items.
That's just my reality and jrods and kennedwards and all us 3-4 year players.
Happy to see the new land and I will gladly use it! Keep them coming and maybe I will decorate someday if able.

Same here

I no longer cared about decor ever since I've reached over 400 or so dragons

lenasdinner
06-04-16, 08:42 AM

Thanks Kooky! I still need time to get there.it's great thou,every new land is good to come!

jjblueyes
06-04-16, 11:45 AM
Same here

I no longer cared about decor ever since I've reached over 400 or so dragons

You can't care! Nothing you can do about it. No place to put it. Perk of being here from the start right?!?

Niire
06-04-16, 11:47 AM
Thanks Kooky! I still need time to get there.it's great thou,every new land is good to come!

Yah that, and more habitats too. :) Only thing that'd make me happier is if the islands were expanded instead, lol.

Kennedward
06-04-16, 04:10 PM
You can't care! Nothing you can do about it. No place to put it. Perk of being here from the start right?!?

Exactly

It's not that I don't want to have some decor, it's the mere fact that it's impossible for me to have any when there's not enough room for habitats and dragons

Jrod333
06-04-16, 04:17 PM

It doesn't help that TL never gets ahead. They raise the cap and unlock some land and then it's used and filled up within a month, if that. I was hoping they'd add another 20 - 40 mining spots with that huge new chunk of land up top. That would have made everyone happy. People with locked mine would be unlocked and everyone could have expanded in 2 different directions, and that's if the whole top was open for expansion we would still be better off than now. Cutting that whole top expansion into 3rds makes things worse too, I'd probably have it all cleared by now and could have maybe put some decor there, but not now, every space I clear is probably going to get a habitat now. Adding the mining land was one of the best ideas to help with this cramped issue, they just need to add more floating islands, reopen it and let us expand both ways, this spoon feeding land to us isn't working

Kennedward
06-04-16, 04:20 PM
It doesn't help that TL never gets ahead. They raise the cap and unlock some land and then it's used and filled up within a month, if that. I was hoping they'd add another 20 - 40 mining spots with that huge new chunk of land up top. That would have made everyone happy. People with locked mine would be unlocked and everyone could have expanded in 2 different directions, and that's if the whole top was open for expansion we would still be better off than now. Cutting that whole top expansion into 3rds makes things worse too, I'd probably have it all cleared by now and could have maybe put some decor there, but not now, every space I clear is probably going to get a habitat now. Adding the mining land was one of the best ideas to help with this cramped issue, they just need to add more floating islands, reopen it and let us expand both ways, this spoon feeding land to us isn't working

For me, I used up the land once I finish expanding and clearing that land, it's impossible to have any empty space unless I wait for it, still have many dragons in storage, doesn't seem like I'll be able to get them all out in time

jjblueyes
06-04-16, 04:38 PM
For me, I used up the land once I finish expanding and clearing that land, it's impossible to have any empty space unless I wait for it, still have many dragons in storage, doesn't seem like I'll be able to get them all out in time

Exactly. You and jrod exactly. I saw that last huge chunk and thought yay! I've got it almost done and only a few empty spots which I have to leave a bit of empty so I can move things around. Still have dragons and eggs hidden all over and no place to put them. I would love the mining to reopen and spread out as well. Just a mess. I'm happy we get more land, it's just not enough for a good portion of players.

Kennedward
06-04-16, 04:41 PM
Exactly. You and jrod exactly. I saw that last huge chunk and thought yay! I've got it almost done and only a few empty spots which I have to leave a bit of empty so I can move things around. Still have dragons and eggs hidden all over and no place to put them. I would love the mining to reopen and spread out as well. Just a mess. I'm happy we get more land, it's just not enough for a good portion of players.

I used to have my habitat colors organized nicely, but now it's just a mess of having different color habitats all over the place because I ran out of room and it has become a simple choice of choosing a color that I want to bring out the same color dragon, so yea, it has become very messy

jjblueyes
06-04-16, 06:55 PM
I used to have my habitat colors organized nicely, but now it's just a mess of having different color habitats all over the place because I ran out of room and it has become a simple choice of choosing a color that I want to bring out the same color dragon, so yea, it has become very messy

Oh I feel the pain. I've got mine almost back to colors together kinda. Then a big old hodgepodge of everything else mushed together. Geez man. It's an ongoing issue for sure!

Kennedward
06-04-16, 06:59 PM
Oh I feel the pain. I've got mine almost back to colors together kinda. Then a big old hodgepodge of everything else mushed together. Geez man. It's an ongoing issue for sure!

Whenever I tried to organize some, I run out of space, and then it's difficult to do so because my existing land already ran out of space for that specific color

Soon I simply gave up on organizing them, cause I run out of space as soon as I clear 1 square of land

jjblueyes
06-05-16, 12:57 AM
Whenever I tried to organize some, I run out of space, and then it's difficult to do so because my existing land already ran out of space for that specific color

Soon I simply gave up on organizing them, cause I run out of space as soon as I clear 1 square of land

That's all exactly right. I have squares of colors together but ran out of space to add to the spots. When we got our last big chunk to expand I had to put everything there and that's a huge mixed up mess. You do the best you can. Trying to keep head above water. Keep on treading.

pernmagic
06-05-16, 02:13 AM
That's all exactly right. I have squares of colors together but ran out of space to add to the spots. When we got our last big chunk to expand I had to put everything there and that's a huge mixed up mess. You do the best you can. Trying to keep head above water. Keep on treading.
I used the same method of trying to keep some organisation then ran into problems with the four colour habitats so the middle of my main island is a confused muddle and no idea of who lives where or with new ones even if I have them :) ..... Glad I'm not the only one

Kennedward
06-05-16, 03:00 AM

I have learnt to not care after realizing I can never organize them all, now I don't even care if it's messy, cause there's no way for me to organize them without the land

Kennedward
06-05-16, 03:00 AM
I used the same method of trying to keep some organisation then ran into problems with the four colour habitats so the middle of my main island is a confused muddle and no idea of who lives where or with new ones even if I have them :) ..... Glad I'm not the only one

Seems like we're all in the same situation

Bastiaan0
06-05-16, 10:57 AM

Looks like S8 released all land available, not just one row like last time :)

Jackiesq
06-05-16, 11:48 AM

Looks like S8 released all land available, not just one row like last time :)
Yes I've the other corner. Sorry can't add the photo.

kylingo
06-21-16, 03:21 PM
Awe man!! Just did my last land expansion...(didn't realize) now the mine is CLOSED. See ya food for dragons and tales and epics!!

caliyo169
07-02-16, 10:20 AM
Mine just closed too. Lvl 153. Will it open again? Or am I maxed out?