PDA

View Full Version : Dream City: General Bugs and Issues

kooky panda
05-25-16, 10:07 AM
If you cannot find a current thread for your issue and do not want to start up a new thread, please post here.

Making sure you are using the most current version can help with many problems.

If you would like to report a bug, please make sure to include the following:

1. Your device (iOS, Android, please be as specific as possible) and it's version number
2. Your games version (this can be found on the bottom of the Help/FAQ page)
3. A description of the problem, and what you were doing when the problem occurred
4. If possible, a screenshot of the problem

iOS General Issues
To check for your device version - go to Settings, General, About - Version
To check for game version in game:
Open game, go to Menu, Help/FAQ - on the bottom edge of the box, the version will be listed
To check for game version if you can't open the game:
Open App Store, search game name (or Storm 8 Studios ), click on app, on the left side, under the logo it will show current game version

If your iOS device is having issues, make sure you've tried the following:
Restart your device
Delete and reinstall the game ( from Itunes only) Third party sites are not supported
Hard restart - hold the power and home buttons, through the power off slider, until the Apple symbol appears.
Force Close your game

Android General Issues
To check your device version - go to Settings, About Phone, Android Version *note - you can check for updates in About Phone, System Updates
To check game version in game:
Open game, go to Menu, Help/FAQ - on the bottom edge of the box, the version will be listed
Open App Market/Google Play, either go to My Apps, or search game name (or Storm 8), click on app, open Description information, on the bottom it will show the current game version.

If your Android device is having issues, make sure you've tried the following:
Restart your device
Delete and reinstall the game *note - reinstalled games will need to be moved to the SD card again
Move game to the SD Card - go to Settings, Apps, specific game, click "Move to SD Card" or "Move to Internal Storage"
Clear cache - go to Settings, Apps, specific game, click "Clear Cache"
You can use a task ****er/manager to help free up memory for your device

Kindle General Issues
To check for your device version - Go to Settings, More, Device, System Version
To check game version in game:
Open Amazon Market, search game name (or Storm 8 ), scroll down to see current version

If your Kindle is having issues, make sure you've tried the following:
Restart your device
Delete and reinstall the game
Go to Settings, More, Applications - find your game, click, clear cache
If you're not able to get into the game - Go go Settings, Wifi, turn wifi off then back on

Forum Rules (http://forums.teamlava.com/forumdisplay.php?6-Forum-Rules-amp-Policies)

Helpful Thread
(http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?61471-Helpful-threads)
Transferring Games - You can email support@teamlava.com (support@teamlava.com) and they can transfer your games.

You can also transfer yourself:

If you have already set up a new storm ID on your new device, you will not be able to transfer yourself.

You can also try to recover your games (if you had a password set up)

New Logon on Feature (http://forum.storm8.com/showthread.php?59955-iOS-New-Login-feature-in-Restaurant-Story!-(login-applies-to-all-games)&p=759602&viewfull=1#post759602)

Notifications - Make sure the notification options are set to ON in BOTH the game settings and the device settings. If both settings are on, but you're still not receiving notifications, please send an email to support@storm8.com (support@storm8.com) so they can check you game.

Purchased Gems (Gold) not showing up - try restarting you device, and even deleting and reinstalling the app. Your progress is saved on S8 servers. If these do not work on returning your gems or item, then you would need to contact support@storm8.com (support@storm8.com).
You will need to provide your ID, date of incident, type of transaction, and receipt of transaction.

About the forum - if you can't find a post you made - go to your profile, on the left side, look under "Find All Posts". Your post may have been in the wrong place, or merged with an existing thread. If you still can't find your post, you can file a Forum Dispute (http://forums.teamlava.com/forumdisplay.php?75-Forum-Disputes) and a Community Manager will respond to you (the Dispute Forum is a private conversation between you and the CMs).

kooky panda
05-25-16, 10:07 AM
What can I do to try to resolve my game issues?

iOS General Issues
If your iOS device is having issues, make sure you've tried the following:
Restart your device
Delete and reinstall the game
Hard restart - hold the power and home buttons, through the power off slider, until the Apple symbol appears.

For newer devices (iPod Touch 4th Gen and newer, iPhone 3G and newer, all iPad versions [possibly other devices]) - close out background running apps. Double tap the home button, when the screen raises up, hold the app until it starts shaking. Press the red minus symbol to close.

Connection Issues
Force shut game
Disconnect device cellular/wifi setting
Switch off device
Power off modem and router, and power up after 2 mins if you're using wifi connection
Switch on device and reconnect cellular/wifi setting
Start game

If you are using wifi, the bandwidth and number of devices connected to it are contributing factors to your connectivity performance.

Device Performance Issues
Some older devices may have trouble keeping up with the game.
Clear cache - go to Safari in Settings app on iOS device and click [Clear History and Website Data].
Check that you have sufficient space on your device. Try deleting some unused apps/photos/videos etc if you don't.
Store away some (if not all) animated decorations in your city
Avoid running other apps in the background
Let your game settle for a few minutes (3 mins or so) after starting it, before you do any activity
Delete and reinstall game if the above doesn't work

Display/Graphics Issues
Clear cache - go to Safari in Settings app on iOS device and click [Clear History and Website Data].
Restart device and game
Delete and reinstall game if the above doesn't work

Sync Issues
Ensure your connection is good. Always fresh start your game before you do any actions to avoid sync issues. It is recommended that we do not leave our games running in the background.
If you discover that you have forgotten to close out your game, force shut it without doing any activity and start it again.
You can force save your game progress by clicking on your city exchange.
Do not leave your game immediately after your last action. Try to force save your game progress and sync with Storm8 servers before closing your game.

twospoons
07-09-16, 10:43 PM
Mods, could you pass on (because I am too lazy to email) that in the dream city faqs--in game faqs, I mean--there's an answer about upgrading things that is bakery story 2 info? TY!

SpiritWind00
07-10-16, 12:47 AM
Mods, could you pass on (because I am too lazy to email) that in the dream city faqs--in game faqs, I mean--there's an answer about upgrading things that is bakery story 2 info? TY!
Yes I saw that too and reported it yesterday. :)

CuteTali
07-11-16, 02:16 PM
There's an issue with having no option to edit where your buildings sit. I purchased several buildings and I can't just edit the roads to get to them, some are stuck in the middle of it all, please add an edit button to move buildings around and re-arrange them, not just the roads.

kooky panda
07-11-16, 02:23 PM
There's an issue with having no option to edit where your buildings sit. I purchased several buildings and I can't just edit the roads to get to them, some are stuck in the middle of it all, please add an edit button to move buildings around and re-arrange them, not just the roads.

You can move your buildings. See this thread

http://forums.storm8.com./showthread.php?89323-How-to-move-buildings

CuteTali
07-11-16, 02:40 PM
You can move your buildings. See this thread

http://forums.storm8.com./showthread.php?89323-How-to-move-buildings

Thank you. It works!

Niire
07-13-16, 05:10 PM
Hey, I have a question...this might not be a bug but just a boring civil addition. The jet water fountain I have isn't doing anything at all. I see the disc that's supposed to be the fountain but there's no water shooting up or anything. Is that a bug?

kooky panda
07-14-16, 08:27 AM
Hey, I have a question...this might not be a bug but just a boring civil addition. The jet water fountain I have isn't doing anything at all. I see the disc that's supposed to be the fountain but there's no water shooting up or anything. Is that a bug?

I will pass this over and check on this.

Niire
07-14-16, 09:31 AM
Thanks Kooky! You rock! <3 I was hoping for a nice dramatic fountain, lol.

SparklyOctopus
07-14-16, 10:54 AM

Hey there! This items should be animating. Sorry to hear it's not animating for you. Could you try storing it and bringing it back out to see if it will animate? If not, can you let us know which device you are playing the game on? If it's an older device or a device with older specs, the animation may have been turned off to prevent the game from slowing down or crashing.

Egwene12
07-14-16, 11:50 AM
The app will no longer load for me. The load screen sits at 100% and goes no further. I have deleted game and reinstalled as well as trying a hard reset. Neither worked. This issue occurred after storing a couple of businesses because I did not have space for them and when I went to add them back when space became available to things occurred
1. I was told I needed a business permit - first that doesn't seem right because I already had the permit when I first got the business - why do I need a second one to bring out of storage
2. After trying to add the business back I got kicked off the game several times until the issue above finally occurred

Any suggestions? (Storm Id Egwene12)

SparklyOctopus
07-14-16, 12:51 PM

Talked to the team and confirmed that animations will be turned off if the game is running on a lower framerate. Sorry for the inconvenience this may have caused!

kooky panda
07-14-16, 01:00 PM
The app will no longer load for me. The load screen sits at 100% and goes no further. I have deleted game and reinstalled as well as trying a hard reset. Neither worked. This issue occurred after storing a couple of businesses because I did not have space for them and when I went to add them back when space became available to things occurred
1. I was told I needed a business permit - first that doesn't seem right because I already had the permit when I first got the business - why do I need a second one to bring out of storage
2. After trying to add the business back I got kicked off the game several times until the issue above finally occurred

Any suggestions? (Storm Id Egwene12)

Please make sure you close any applications running in the background on your device.
Check and make sure you have a strong connection to the game.

Egwene12
07-14-16, 01:43 PM
Please make sure you close any applications running in the background on your device.
Check and make sure you have a strong connection to the game.

Yep all backgrounds applications are closed and I have a strong connection and still stuck on the loading page reading 100%

kooky panda
07-14-16, 02:21 PM
Yep all backgrounds applications are closed and I have a strong connection and still stuck on the loading page reading 100%
What device do you play on? Make sure you are playing version 1.1.7 ( was released on 7-9-16.) If you are playing on iOS device.

Egwene12
07-14-16, 02:52 PM
What device do you play on? Make sure you are playing version 1.1.7 ( was released on 7-9-16.) If you are playing on iOS device.

Yes it is version 1.1.7 and it is an iOS device (iPad mini)

kooky panda
07-14-16, 07:28 PM
Yes it is version 1.1.7 and it is an iOS device (iPad mini)
Make sure you iPad has the most current apple software version.

Try going to settings- safari- clear out data, then restart your iPad to see if this helps.

Egwene12
07-15-16, 06:08 AM
Make sure you iPad has the most current apple software version.

Try going to settings- safari- clear out data, then restart your iPad to see if this helps.

Still no luck - thanks for all the suggestions though

Niire
07-16-16, 05:00 PM
Talked to the team and confirmed that animations will be turned off if the game is running on a lower framerate. Sorry for the inconvenience this may have caused!

OMGosh, I didn't realize a response would be so quick lol! :) I am on android, an RCA Viking Pro 10.1 inch. I will try storing it shortly after I get done clicking a bunch of chickens for another s8 game, lol.

Edit....yeah storing it then putting it back out didn't work. I'm hoping to get a new ipad soon, so no biggie. :p Just wanted to be sure it wasn't a bug. :)

CuteTali
07-16-16, 09:42 PM

Ooh!! Can you please turn off animations for all android games if they lag? Especially Fantasy Forest Story, I haven't been able to open it for months now (I always close all background apps and only one 1 app at a time), it never loads anymore, it just crashes. I have uninstalled, re-installed, tried to send a ticket etc. This game is too laggy and androids can't handle as much as iOS.

pegasus2010
07-17-16, 10:09 AM
I don't understand how to place stores inside my tall buildings. I hope this is the correct thread to ask this. Thanks

Rynetory2
07-17-16, 05:13 PM
I don't understand how to place stores inside my tall buildings. I hope this is the correct thread to ask this. Thanks

Hi. Please see this http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?92829-Dream-City-Buildings-and-Crafts-Guide&p=1320631&viewfull=1#post1320631 on adding buildings. You can post in http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?92774-Dream-City-Help-Me-I-have-a-Question if you have more questions.

dnddragons
07-18-16, 02:21 AM
There's a tile behind my register that I can't get to because the register is in the way. I would like to click on it because it is showing a number 1 in red, meaning I should have access to something behind there. Please tell me how to move or is this a bug?
Also, I don't have the regal theater so, it may be what's behind the register

Carbuck
07-20-16, 11:08 AM
I'm playing on iPad2 and I'm on level 13 with 53 mastered businesses. I am playing the most recent update of the game but now that the City..... Event has started my game crashes very often. I can only do 1 or 2 things before it closes out.

jsburas123
07-20-16, 11:24 AM
My game has stopped working! For about 4 days now it just shows the loading page but never opens up so I can play, here is a screenshot of what appears and it says 100 percent but never opens game up...32438

SparklyOctopus
07-20-16, 11:32 AM
My game has stopped working! For about 4 days now it just shows the loading page but never opens up so I can play, here is a screenshot of what appears and it says 100 percent but never opens game up...32438

Sorry to hear that! Could you please PM me your support ID so that we may pass it to the team?

jsburas123
07-20-16, 12:39 PM
Sorry to hear that! Could you please PM me your support ID so that we may pass it to the team?

I sent you a pm

iconicj
07-20-16, 01:52 PM
My citizens stopped giving me coins & parts. Is there a reason? Do I need to have a certain amount of housing before they can resume? This has been going on for over a day. I hard stopped, restarted, and reinstalled. I am at level 13.

catlicja
07-21-16, 03:15 AM
I wish there was a button to stop all animations (windmill, events etc) Since event started my game crashes all the time, before event once in a few minutes, but now several times in 1 minute, ghrrrr

Rynetory2
07-21-16, 04:43 AM
There's a tile behind my register that I can't get to because the register is in the way. I would like to click on it because it is showing a number 1 in red, meaning I should have access to something behind there. Please tell me how to move or is this a bug?
Also, I don't have the regal theater so, it may be what's behind the register

Hi can you try to restart or reinstall your game and see if it helps? Can you post a picture of your screen if it persists? Thanks.

Rynetory2
07-21-16, 04:45 AM
My citizens stopped giving me coins & parts. Is there a reason? Do I need to have a certain amount of housing before they can resume? This has been going on for over a day. I hard stopped, restarted, and reinstalled. I am at level 13.

Try submitting some business orders to get them to appear. We see more of them at lower levels.

chemgirl77
07-23-16, 05:18 AM
My ship returns for my boardwalk order in 25 hours. I thought it was every 8 hours. Was there some change made?

Rynetory2
07-23-16, 05:23 AM
Not that I know of, my ship returned in 8hrs when the timer hits zero. The full cycle is 20 hours (12 to submit and 8 for it to return). Is it possible that you missed your last ship?

chemgirl77
07-23-16, 06:21 AM
I only partially loaded last one before going to bed knowing i wouldn't complete it. Thought I would have one to work on later today :(

Rynetory2
07-23-16, 07:13 PM
I only partially loaded last one before going to bed knowing i wouldn't complete it. Thought I would have one to work on later today :(

Keep a lookout for the timer at your Boardwalk and your ship should return when it hits zero. Please let me know if you're still having issues.

ChicSeekers
07-24-16, 12:35 AM
I'm having issues with CityPalooza tickets. My count is stuck at 139 despite me fulfilling several ticket-worthy orders. Please advise and fix. I already restarted my phone twice.

Thanks.

Rynetory2
07-24-16, 12:58 AM
Just to check, did you see a ticket icon after you have submitted those orders? What happened when you clicked on the ticket icon?

ChicSeekers
07-24-16, 11:22 AM
Just to check, did you see a ticket icon after you have submitted those orders? What happened when you clicked on the ticket icon?

I did on several orders and then nothing dropped.

satori101
07-24-16, 11:24 AM
I am at level 20 and have also been having this problem, and have been for a while. Sometimes the citizens seem to randomly stop giving you coins or items for a few hours to a day or so, then suddenly they start again. I can not discern a pattern or a cause - it happens at different times of the day and it doesn't seem to matter if I am filling orders or not. Is this a bug? Or is there something specific we need to do to guarantee the citizens continually give coins and items?

coonellie
07-24-16, 04:19 PM
I am at level 16. Although I like the game, it crashes constantly. I've read through this thread and done the following: hard restart, cleared Safari cache, confirmed I have the latest iOS (I'm on an iPad2), I have plenty of space available, I've stored items that are animated, and I'm on a very fast connection with only two devices that are wireless - the rest are wired.

The game still crashes all of the time. I'm lucky if I can get in 2 minutes of game play at a time. The game gets really upset when I try and put items into the slots for each factory. Once through the factory list is about all it will take. Another strange thing - when I'm pulling an item down into a slot in a factory, black lines appear at odd angles (like it's slicing the background). Then I know it isn't long before it crashes.

I'm hoping the crashing will be resolved soon. I remember "seeing through" another game I came to love (Fairy Tale Wonderland). I'm not sure I want to go through that again. If there are any other "tricks" I'm open to trying them. Thanks.

Rynetory2
07-25-16, 05:25 AM
I am at level 20 and have also been having this problem, and have been for a while. Sometimes the citizens seem to randomly stop giving you coins or items for a few hours to a day or so, then suddenly they start again. I can not discern a pattern or a cause - it happens at different times of the day and it doesn't seem to matter if I am filling orders or not. Is this a bug? Or is there something specific we need to do to guarantee the citizens continually give coins and items?

Hi. The CM has confirmed this isnt a bug. It's the same in my game too. They appear randomly and there's nothing we need to do. Please see this thread (http://forum.storm8.com/showthread.php?92778-No-more-money-from-pedestrians/page3) for more info. Thanks.

The CM has checked on this and the game is working fine. The pedestrians walking around is random. We'll see more after completing shops orders or finishing up an order on the Boardwalk. Let's keep submitting those orders. :)

Rynetory2
07-25-16, 05:28 AM
I did on several orders and then nothing dropped.

Can you try to reinstall your game and see if tickets start to drop? If it doesnt work, please send an email to support@storm8.com so an agent can check your game. Sorry about this.

Rynetory2
07-25-16, 05:33 AM
I am at level 16. Although I like the game, it crashes constantly. I've read through this thread and done the following: hard restart, cleared Safari cache, confirmed I have the latest iOS (I'm on an iPad2), I have plenty of space available, I've stored items that are animated, and I'm on a very fast connection with only two devices that are wireless - the rest are wired.

The game still crashes all of the time. I'm lucky if I can get in 2 minutes of game play at a time. The game gets really upset when I try and put items into the slots for each factory. Once through the factory list is about all it will take. Another strange thing - when I'm pulling an item down into a slot in a factory, black lines appear at odd angles (like it's slicing the background). Then I know it isn't long before it crashes.

I'm hoping the crashing will be resolved soon. I remember "seeing through" another game I came to love (Fairy Tale Wonderland). I'm not sure I want to go through that again. If there are any other "tricks" I'm open to trying them. Thanks.

You can try to reinstall your game and try it without running other apps. The other alternative is to try playing your city on your another device and see if it works better. You can use the Login Feature (http://forum.storm8.com/showthread.php?59955-iOS-New-Login-feature-in-Restaurant-Story!-(login-applies-to-all-games)&p=759602&viewfull=1#post759602) to transfer your games to the other device. Hope this helps.

coonellie
07-25-16, 12:12 PM
Thanks, I'll try to reinstall it. I don't have any other device :).

ChicSeekers
07-25-16, 01:30 PM
Can you try to reinstall your game and see if tickets start to drop? If it doesnt work, please send an email to support@storm8.com so an agent can check your game. Sorry about this.

Still didn't work. I'll email.

cesposito2
07-26-16, 09:48 AM
Where is the Conservatory? I got 140 vip passes but now can't find the actual Conservatory building to place in my city...HELP! I thought it might be in the Civic Buildings section but I don't see it there or anywhere. How do I add it to my city?

kooky panda
07-26-16, 10:09 AM
Where is the Conservatory? I got 140 vip passes but now can't find the actual Conservatory building to place in my city...HELP! I thought it might be in the Civic Buildings section but I don't see it there or anywhere. How do I add it to my city?
It should be in your inventory.

cesposito2
07-26-16, 10:14 AM
It should be in your inventory.

It's not...maybe it's a glitch. I finally was able to get it though from the vip tasks section but I still think it should be with the Civic Buildings (like the Music Cottage is with the Houses).

SparklyOctopus
07-26-16, 10:25 AM
It's not...maybe it's a glitch. I finally was able to get though from the vip tasks section but I still think it should be with the Civic Buildings (like the Music Cottage is with the Houses).

Sorry to hear that! We've taken a look at your account and see that you have the Conservatory. Can you double check your board and your storage to make sure it isn't there?

cesposito2
07-26-16, 10:53 AM
Sorry to hear that! We've taken a look at your account and see that you have the Conservatory. Can you double check your board and your storage to make sure it isn't there?

I was able to add one to my city board through the vip tasks "go" button but it still doesn't show up anywhere in the buildings to build section. Where should it be...in the "civic buildings" section?

kooky panda
07-26-16, 11:08 AM
I was able to add one to my city board through the vip tasks "go" button but it still doesn't show up anywhere in the buildings to build section. Where should it be...in the "civic buildings" section?

This item was placed in your storage not in the market.

To reach your storage, click the cash register - You will see two boxes above the cash register. A brown box and a road. Click the brown box button to open your storage.

cesposito2
07-26-16, 11:13 AM
This item was placed in your storage not in the market.

To reach your storage, click the cash register - You will see two boxes above the cash register. A brown box and a road. Click the brown box button to open your storage.

Ok, thanks.

Bupsidupsi
07-27-16, 10:37 AM
Can't find the Shop, I have to build, in the market. In german Version it's called: Spielpark. Bug?

Thanks for your help

kooky panda
07-27-16, 10:44 AM
Can't find the Shop, I have to build, in the market. In german Version it's called: Spielpark. Bug?

Thanks for your help
This may be the Family park or maybe the dog park?

If you have go button next to your goal, try hitting that to see if it takes you to it.

If not check under market- 5 tabs over.

Bupsidupsi
07-27-16, 01:33 PM
No, nothing. It should be in the Category with the bag, but it isn't. Go Tab leads me there, but nothing. Seems, I have to contact the support.

Thanks anyways

kooky panda
07-27-16, 02:07 PM
No, nothing. It should be in the Category with the bag, but it isn't. Go Tab leads me there, but nothing. Seems, I have to contact the support.

Thanks anyways
Try purchasing any shopping business to complete the goal.

Bupsidupsi
07-27-16, 02:15 PM
Great, it worked. Thanks a lot!!!!

kooky panda
07-27-16, 02:25 PM
Great, it worked. Thanks a lot!!!!
Wonderful!!!!

TheFlautist
07-31-16, 10:25 PM
I had goals on my other games to get to level 17 in dream city. I had over 3 hours left to complete the goal which I did a few moments ago. I went to my other games and the goal has disappeared. It was a progressive goal and I was part way through - I assume the next part to the goal would have been to reach level 20. Whats going on??

Rynetory2
08-01-16, 01:00 AM
I had goals on my other games to get to level 17 in dream city. I had over 3 hours left to complete the goal which I did a few moments ago. I went to my other games and the goal has disappeared. It was a progressive goal and I was part way through - I assume the next part to the goal would have been to reach level 20. Whats going on??

Sorry about that. Please send an email to support@storm8.com so an agent can check and assist you further. Please include the name of games which are affected.

LavaMagic
08-15-16, 02:12 PM
I lost all of my coffee too. I emailed support, but received the same copy and pasted response I always receive. They won't do anything about it.

Anyhow, I never attached my name to Dream City. If I uninstall it, how will my progress be saved? It keeps crashing when I open it, and I am almost finished with my boardwalk orders with little time left. I already closed it and reopened it. I also powered off my iPad, but it is still doing the same thing.

Rynetory2
08-15-16, 05:43 PM
I lost all of my coffee too. I emailed support, but received the same copy and pasted response I always receive. They won't do anything about it.

Anyhow, I never attached my name to Dream City. If I uninstall it, how will my progress be saved? It keeps crashing when I open it, and I am almost finished with my boardwalk orders with little time left. I already closed it and reopened it. I also powered off my iPad, but it is still doing the same thing.

Sorry to hear about your coffee. I've added your feedback to the report. The email which you have received is the automated reply with your ticket number (see Storm8 Support (http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?92773-Dream-City-Game-Guide&p=1321617&viewfull=1#post1321617)), an Agent will respond to you afterwhich. Do you think your coffee disappeared due to sync issue? See post below.

Oh no, I'm very sorry this happened to you. :( I need your help with more info if you can. Did you make those coffee one shot (load all slots at one go) or did you make them in separate batches (reload slots over span of several hours)? If you had made them at one go, do you think it's possible your game had a sync issue? If it's a sync issue, please try the suggestions under Sync issue section in Post 2 of current thread.

If it isn't a sync issue or if you're unsure, I'm going to ask you to send an email to support@storm8.com so an agent can check your game. I have added your issue to my report. Once again, I'm sorry about your loss of coffee. :(

Yes your game progress is saved but do make sure you have set a Storm8 ID and password for your account if you have not, before you reinstall. You may also like to try the suggestions under Device Performance or Connection Issues sections in Post 2 of current thread. Hope it helps.

LavaMagic
08-15-16, 07:23 PM
Sorry to hear about your coffee. I've added your feedback to the report. The email which you have received is the automated reply with your ticket number (see Storm8 Support (http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?92773-Dream-City-Game-Guide&p=1321617&viewfull=1#post1321617)), an Agent will respond to you afterwhich. Do you think your coffee disappeared due to sync issue? See post below.

Yes your game progress is saved but do make sure you have set a Storm8 ID and password for your account if you have not, before you reinstall. You may also like to try the suggestions under Device Performance or Connection Issues sections in Post 2 of current thread. Hope it helps.

It wasn't the automated reply. We sent a few emails back and forth, and I kept getting the same response... []

I set stuff up and closed the game for the night. When I opened it the next morning, all of my coffee was gone. Maybe I maxed out, because I was making so much. If so, instead of taking it all, give a warning.

I don't see how to add my storm8 name and password to this game. How do I do that, so I don't lose anything. It is still not working, so I want to reinstall it.

Rynetory2
08-15-16, 07:37 PM
It wasn't the automated reply. We sent a few emails back and forth, and I kept getting the same response... []

I set stuff up and closed the game for the night. When I opened it the next morning, all of my coffee was gone. Maybe I maxed out, because I was making so much. If so, instead of taking it all, give a warning.

I don't see how to add my storm8 name and password to this game. How do I do that, so I don't lose anything. It is still not working, so I want to reinstall it.

Can you send me your ticket number via private message (http://forums.storm8.com/private.php?do=newpm&u=139069) and I'll help you to add in to the report?

Do you play other Storm8 games like Farm Story2, Bakery Story, Restaurant Story 1 and 2, on your current account for Dream City? If yes, you can set a Storm8 ID and password using those games. Click on this link to see how to set Storm8 ID. This link redirects you to Farm Story 2 Main Guide - Create a Storm8 ID chapter. Once you have set the ID and password, it'll apply to all Storm8 games for this account.
http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?88356-Farm-Story-2-Main-Guide&p=1249904&viewfull=1#post1249904

LavaMagic
08-15-16, 07:52 PM
Can you send me your ticket number via private message (http://forums.storm8.com/private.php?do=newpm&u=139069) and I'll help you to add in to the report?

Do you play other Storm8 games like Farm Story2, Bakery Story, Restaurant Story 1 and 2, on your current account for Dream City? If yes, you can set a Storm8 ID and password using those games. Click on this link to see how to set Storm8 ID. This link redirects you to Farm Story 2 Main Guide - Create a Storm8 ID chapter. Once you have set the ID and password, it'll apply to all Storm8 games for this account.
http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?88356-Farm-Story-2-Main-Guide&p=1249904&viewfull=1#post1249904

Yes, I play many other ones. I have my name and password setup on those, but didn't see a way to put in a name and password on this game. When I click to uninstall it, it says I will lose all data. I enjoy this game, but I won't play if I have to start over. It is too time consuming.

Rynetory2
08-15-16, 07:56 PM
Yes, I play many other ones. I have my name and password setup on those, but didn't see a way to put in a name and password on this game. When I click to uninstall it, it says I will lose all data. I enjoy this game, but I won't play if I have to start over. It is too time consuming.

Oh good that you had. Dream City doesn't has this setup. Click and hold down the dream city icon and you'll see a "X" and click on it. This will delete app. It's ok, I just deleted mine and my game is fine.

LavaMagic
08-15-16, 07:58 PM
Oh good that you had. Dream City doesn't has this setup. Click and hold down the dream city icon and you'll see a "X" and click on it. This will delete app. It's ok, I just deleted mine and my game is fine.

Ok, thanks. I will do that in the morning.

Also, I sent you the ticket number. Thanks.

Rynetory2
08-15-16, 08:07 PM
Ok, thanks. I will do that in the morning.

Also, I sent you the ticket number. Thanks.

Thanks I've added it to the report.

LavaMagic
08-16-16, 06:43 AM
The reinstall didn't help. It is still crashing. I did get the bridge update and ghost factories.

Rynetory2
08-16-16, 07:23 AM
Same issue with hiding factories and constant crashing. So excited we can expand now once this bug is sorted.

The reinstall didn't help. It is still crashing. I did get the bridge update and ghost factories.

Hi both, sorry that you're still having the game crashing. May I ask what specific device are you using? I'm not sure if it's due to your devices. Some devices may have a performance issue cos Dream City is quite an animated game. :(

LavaMagic
08-16-16, 07:27 AM
Hi both, sorry that you're still having the game crashing. May I ask what specific device are you using? I'm not sure if it's due to your devices. Some devices may have a performance issue cos Dream City is quite an animated game. :(

I am using an iPad Air 2, 128GB. So, that shouldn't be the problem.

Rynetory2
08-16-16, 07:34 AM
I am using an iPad Air 2, 128GB. So, that shouldn't be the problem.

I agree. Do you have plenty of space on your device? Or are you running a few other apps in the background? Can you try playing Dream City without starting other apps?

LavaMagic
08-16-16, 07:41 AM
I agree. Do you have plenty of space on your device? Or are you running a few other apps in the background? Can you try playing Dream City without starting other apps?

I have lots of space left. I haven't used much. I closed everything, reinstalled, rebooted, opened only Dream City, and it still crashed. I will repeat everything again and see if it helps this time.

Rynetory2
08-16-16, 07:49 AM
I have lots of space left. I haven't used much. I closed everything, reinstalled, rebooted, opened only Dream City, and it still crashed. I will repeat everything again and see if it helps this time.

If it is still crashing after trying, I am going to send you to Support for them to investigate and give you more specific advise according to your game and device.

Support email: support@storm8.com

LavaMagic
08-16-16, 10:18 AM
If it is still crashing after trying, I am going to send you to Support for them to investigate and give you more specific advise according to your game and device.

Support email: support@storm8.com

I tried twice. It is still crashing. I will email them, but I usually don't get any help from them. Thanks for your help and suggestions though.

my607
08-16-16, 06:32 PM
Why is it that when I finish a business order the next order has the same items again? This is annoying when you make things with many items.

Rynetory2
08-16-16, 06:39 PM
Why is it that when I finish a business order the next order has the same items again? This is annoying when you make things with many items.

Sometimes my orders get repeated too. Not sure what's your mastery level, you get more variety of crafts once you are able to unlock them.

Moving to Current bugs and Issues thread.

Sherit16
08-17-16, 12:49 AM

I have iPhone 6S plus with latest iOS update 9.3.4. Phone Only few months old with 80GB still in space No issue prior to update of game. I have followed the same process as above. No change. It's actually not playable as it keeps crashing every 10 secs.

Rynetory2
08-17-16, 03:47 AM
I have iPhone 6S plus with latest iOS update 9.3.4. Phone Only few months old with 80GB still in space No issue prior to update of game. I have followed the same process as above. No change. It's actually not playable as it keeps crashing every 10 secs.

Hmmm your game is crashing too frequently, I'm going to suggest to you to send an email to support@storm8.com so an agent can check your game and address this issue.

Sherit16
08-17-16, 04:28 AM
Hmmm your game is crashing too frequently, I'm going to suggest to you to send an email to support@storm8.com so an agent can check your game and address this issue.

Will do. Thank you. I love the game and am so excited about the update but frustrated I can't play. Fingers crossed

Rynetory2
08-17-16, 04:31 AM
Will do. Thank you. I love the game and am so excited about the update but frustrated I can't play. Fingers crossed

Oh I'll be the same. Dont worry, the Agent will investigate and give you more specific advise. All the best sweetie. Cheers.

P.S. I'll crossed my fingers for you too. :)

LavaMagic
08-17-16, 05:51 AM

I emailed also. Hopefully, there is a quick fix. I agree with you, I love the game and was excited about the update. I can't wait to get started on my bridge! I don't even think I get ten seconds. I collect one thing and CRASH, loading again. It's a very frustrating cycle. I hope they help us! :)

dexter11111
08-17-16, 02:19 PM
I had all 25 Brown Stones to complete Phase One of the bridge and then lost all of them. I already had the orders completed. My factories are also missing.

SparklyOctopus
08-17-16, 02:35 PM
I had all 25 Brown Stones to complete Phase One of the bridge and then lost all of them. I already had the orders completed. My factories are also missing.

Sorry to hear about that. The team is working on the factories right now. In regards to the Brown Stones, were they in storage when it was gone or were they hovering over your factory?

dexter11111
08-17-16, 03:37 PM
I assume they were in storage and actually hit the button to complete it and it took that for a moment and when I checked on Stage two it shows I have zero stones for Pahse one. I completed over 25 orders to get them. I'm not sure I'll play more.
I've restarted my iPad and cleared my cache. No luck.

SparklyOctopus
08-17-16, 06:23 PM
I assume they were in storage and actually hit the button to complete it and it took that for a moment and when I checked on Stage two it shows I have zero stones for Pahse one. I completed over 25 orders to get them. I'm not sure I'll play more.
I've restarted my iPad and cleared my cache. No luck.

Sorry to hear that. Please write into support@storm8.com and PM me the ticket number. I'll get someone to assist you.

dexter11111
08-17-16, 06:40 PM
I don't have an email account on my iPad.

SpiritWind00
08-17-16, 10:36 PM
I don't have an email account on my iPad.
Do you have a PC you can use instead?

as an alternative, if you do not have an email, you can file a new support ticket by going to this page.

http://support.storm8.com/home

[thanks to Kooky for this information :)]

LavaMagic
08-18-16, 07:12 PM
It seems the new event may have fixed my crashing issue.

My Boardwalk is down to three tickets now though. ;( I was at eight.

Rynetory2
08-19-16, 08:00 AM
It seems the new event may have fixed my crashing issue.

My Boardwalk is down to three tickets now though. ;( I was at eight.

Great to hear that your game is working fine now. Thank you for the update. Sorry about your Boardwalk though. The orders at 8 balloons are tougher. Keep going.

Sb1957
08-22-16, 07:39 AM
I made the first bridge but everything I put in the other side (houses, monuments, stores) even if I put a road doesn't fit well because the experience or the habitants dissapear, as if it weren't a road near, why?

Rynetory2
08-22-16, 08:54 AM
Do make sure your roads are connected to both ends of the bridge. Can you post a picture if it persists?

Sb1957
08-22-16, 05:08 PM
Thanks! You helped me a lot. Now I solved my problem. I didn't notice that in one side the road wasn't connected.

Do make sure your roads are connected to both ends of the bridge. Can you post a picture if it persists?

Rynetory2
08-22-16, 11:21 PM
Thanks! You helped me a lot. Now I solved my problem. I didn't notice that in one side the road wasn't connected.

Great that you spotted and rectified it. I'm sure you could do with extra land.

krispykreem
08-28-16, 10:39 PM
So I purchased a land expansion using my parts but wasn't able to actually use the new land. when i restarted the game, that piece of land had the little X on it again saying i needed parts to expand there. so like it took away my parts but never game me the land and is now saying i have to re-purchase that piece of land with new parts...can i have my parts back/piece of land

Rynetory2
08-29-16, 05:46 AM
So I purchased a land expansion using my parts but wasn't able to actually use the new land. when i restarted the game, that piece of land had the little X on it again saying i needed parts to expand there. so like it took away my parts but never game me the land and is now saying i have to re-purchase that piece of land with new parts...can i have my parts back/piece of land

Welcome to the forum, krispykreem! :D

Oh dear, so sorry to hear that you lost your expansion. :( For this matter, you will need to send an email to support@storm8.com so an agent can assist you further. You can read more about Storm8 Support (http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?92773-Dream-City-Game-Guide&p=1321617&viewfull=1#post1321617) if you are sending the email for the first time. All the best!

Rynetory2
09-20-16, 06:51 PM
FYI posts reporting pink buildings and boxes have been moved to new thread. Please continue to make your reports there. Thank you.

Pink buildings and boxes (http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?94321-Pink-buildings-and-boxes)

allytea
09-22-16, 10:44 AM
Filled quite a few entertainment orders and even mastered the building but my comedy and tragedy masks did not increase according to the orders I filled.

Rynetory2
09-22-16, 06:29 PM
Filled quite a few entertainment orders and even mastered the building but my comedy and tragedy masks did not increase according to the orders I filled.

Hi allytea, sorry to hear that you're not getting masks as you should. Can you reinstall your game and try delivering an order again? Hopefully that will help. Can you post screenshots if its still happening after reinstallation? Thanks.

trulyours
09-22-16, 10:19 PM
my game is crashing too much on my ipad mini 1st gen, running on ios 9.2.
i have iphone 6plus, running on ios 9.1(upgrading to ios 10 soon), i want to transfer dreamcity over. may i know how to i do that?
do i just download the game on my iphone (i just did that and it didn't work) or i need to email for help?
i'm on level 19, if i have to start all over on my iphone, i rather not play any more.
I have connected my game to FB, does this save my progress?
i have also notice that there is no transfer info function on dreamcity?
I am playing bakery story and restaurant story, why didn't the developers make dreamcity just like bakery story or restaurant story.

Rynetory2
09-23-16, 07:11 AM
Welcome to the forum, trulyours! :o

Nope, you neednt start your games all over again. You can use the Login feature in Bakery Story to transfer all your Storm8 games to your iPhone. See New device - transfer your games (http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?92773-Dream-City-Game-Guide&p=1321612&viewfull=1#post1321612) for more information. Remember to log unto your Game Centre on your iPhone before you start your games. Yes, it would be nice if Dream CIty has the login feature too. :o

my607
09-24-16, 09:45 PM
I notice a few times my empty factory are crafting things when there's nothing there. The factory just moves.

Rynetory2
09-25-16, 04:30 AM
I notice a few times my empty factory are crafting things when there's nothing there. The factory just moves.

Can you force shut and restart your game?

Rynetory2
09-25-16, 04:34 AM
cquinn32 and my607 - your bugs reports on Eiffel Tower have been moved to a new thread. Eiffel Tower's animation (http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?94386-Eiffel-Tower-s-animation)

Carbuck - your game crashing report has been moved. Please see my reply here. http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?93242-Fun-Game-If-It-Didn-t-Crash-So-Much&p=1347790&viewfull=1#post1347790.

stokesie7
09-28-16, 02:36 PM
Hi, this afternoon I installed the latest bakery story through dream city in order to get the gems. Opened it, went back to DC and received the gems. Just now I went back on DC and they've gone?

SparklyOctopus
09-28-16, 02:46 PM
Hi, this afternoon I installed the latest bakery story through dream city in order to get the gems. Opened it, went back to DC and received the gems. Just now I went back on DC and they've gone?

Please write into support@storm8.com with your Support ID or Storm8 ID. They'll be able to let you know where your Gems went. :)

The_Morrighan
10-05-16, 09:24 AM
I recently emptied one of my brownstones of all it's houses so that I could store it, and use the land space for more businesses. However, even when it is empty, the options for store or sell, in edit mode are "paled-out" and I cannot select either of these options. Why, and how can I fix it? Not being able to set up my town as I'd like it will lead me to quitting and uninstalling the game. Thanks for your help.

Rynetory2
10-05-16, 05:39 PM
I recently emptied one of my brownstones of all it's houses so that I could store it, and use the land space for more businesses. However, even when it is empty, the options for store or sell, in edit mode are "paled-out" and I cannot select either of these options. Why, and how can I fix it? Not being able to set up my town as I'd like it will lead me to quitting and uninstalling the game. Thanks for your help.

Sorry The_Morrighan, the highrises aren't meant to be stored nor sold, by design. :( Would you like to try to store your civic building instead to place your businesses? A fully upgraded highrise yields a higher population per square compared to a civic building in general. Hope it helps.

The_Morrighan
10-10-16, 07:56 AM
Sorry The_Morrighan, the highrises aren't meant to be stored nor sold, by design. :( Would you like to try to store your civic building instead to place your businesses? A fully upgraded highrise yields a higher population per square compared to a civic building in general. Hope it helps.

Thanks for getting back to me. That's a ridiculous function, and it should still be up to the player's sense of aesthetics. I will be uninstalling the game, it's just that annoying to me. :(

judyvines
10-13-16, 07:19 PM
After updating my iPad to iOS 10.0.2, I can no longer post pictures in the forums. Before the update, I could post after cropping the pictures slightly. Anyone have any suggestions?

Rynetory2
10-13-16, 07:30 PM
After updating my iPad to iOS 10.0.2, I can no longer post pictures in the forums. Before the update, I could post after cropping the pictures slightly. Anyone have any suggestions?

What was the error message you got? I'm having the same issue too. Let me try to find out more on this. In the mean time, I am posting via URL instead of from device. How To A Post Photo On The Forum (http://forum.storm8.com/showthread.php?15881-How-To-A-Post-Photo-On-The-Forum)

KarenHanna
10-25-16, 08:35 AM
I got a new iPad and cannot get my old game to load. I was on level 27. I have no interest in restarting from 1. Can find no sign in in castle story. Will delete if I can't reload to level 27.

CoachSuze
10-25-16, 08:53 AM
I got a new iPad and cannot get my old game to load. I was on level 27. I have no interest in restarting from 1. Can find no sign in in castle story. Will delete if I can't reload to level 27.
When I switched devices a few years back, I contacted storm8 via email and they transferred everything for me. Now I was switching from android to iOS, & I believe there is a way you are suppose to be able to login and do it - which would be much simpler, but I am not an expert. In any case, emailing storm8 is always an option.

If you set up the new iPad with the same Apple ID, in theory it should download all your games at the level you were at on the old device. This is the case on my iPhone. Good Luck.

Rynetory2
10-25-16, 09:00 AM

Hi KarenHanna. Don't worry, you won't lose your game. :) Please see New device - transfer your games (http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?92773-Dream-City-Game-Guide&p=1321612&viewfull=1#post1321612) on how to transfer all your Storm8 games to your new device.

Try logging into your Game Centre on your new device to recover your game.

To log back into Game Center, please follow these instructions on your device:

1. Device Settings (little silver cog icon on your device)
2. scroll all the way down to Game Center
3. tap Game Center and login where it says Apple ID.
4. Restart game.

my607
10-29-16, 01:56 PM
How come my taffy building was master almost to end now I'm at the beginning like I just bought the store? What can I do

Never mind my mistake. Sorry

Rynetory2
10-29-16, 06:57 PM
No worries, glad your game is running fine. :)

Rynetory2
11-01-16, 07:05 PM
Hello! I tried posting here a while back, but I can't find my post. I have the Colosseum, and I love it, but the animation is out of sync - the gladiators are partly in the walls.
Any advice appreciated! Thanks!

I'd started a thread and moved your previous post to Colosseum display issue (http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?95213-Colosseum-display-issue), likewise for your new post. Please see reply there. Thanks.

weridebikes
11-04-16, 09:55 AM
Hello, I have a very weird problem. After the Halloween event finished, I can't master Halloween shops (eg. Tombstones). Whenever I want to make the 10th order, the game restarts and shops are with 4.5stars, items from orders lost, a new order is shown instead.
I am using the last version of game, on my last version of OS Xiaomi Mi4 (dev. version).
Please help me! It's so frustrating :(

Rynetory2
11-04-16, 10:00 AM
Hello, I have a very weird problem. After the Halloween event finished, I can't master Halloween shops (eg. Tombstones). Whenever I want to make the 10th order, the game restarts and shops are with 4.5stars, items from orders lost, a new order is shown instead.
I am using the last version of game, on my last version of OS Xiaomi Mi4 (dev. version).
Please help me! It's so frustrating :(

Do you have enough space and device resources? Can you restart your device and game? Try again without running other apps in the background. Sorry about that.

weridebikes
11-04-16, 10:25 AM
Well, I reinstalled (again) the game and now everything seems to be fine. Thank you :)
Now, I can finish the bridges yay ^_^

Rynetory2
11-04-16, 05:46 PM
Oh great! Glad your game is working fine now. :)

mumsukis
12-07-16, 06:46 AM
Animation for castle and balloon landing not working lighthouse working fine

Rynetory2
12-07-16, 09:02 AM
Animation for castle and balloon landing not working lighthouse working fine

Can you post a screenshot or give more information on how they aren't working?

Mai2008
12-19-16, 04:12 PM
Game only goes to 29%
And won't open
I've uninstalled and reinstalled it?
Any other suggestions

Rynetory2
12-20-16, 07:14 AM
Can you check that you have the latest game version, good connection and plenty of space in your device? Try the suggestions in Post 2.

Mercuriair
01-16-17, 05:40 PM
Anyone else having problems with game crashing on iPhone? I have an iPhone SE using latest version every few times I tap to do something it crashes and reloads. Very annoying.

Rynetory2
01-16-17, 07:48 PM
Mine is running ok. You may want to try to restart your device and reinstall your game. See the suggestions in What can I do to try to resolve my game issues? (https://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?92773-Dream-City-Game-Guide&p=1321614&viewfull=1#post1321614). Try not to run other apps in the background. Check that your device has plenty of space.

mumsukis
03-26-17, 10:22 AM
Hi folks can anyone tell me if there is a maximum number of coins we are allowed to have . I'm reaching 1,000,000

Rynetory2
03-26-17, 04:32 PM
No worries about crossing over a million. Congrats! I think it should hold up to 99,999,999 like other Storm8 games.

mumsukis
03-29-17, 01:23 PM
Thanks Rynetory2 .

my607
05-17-17, 11:10 AM
My game keeps crashing it open lets me play for a minutes and then nothing. Twice already today.

Rynetory2
05-17-17, 08:17 PM
My game keeps crashing it open lets me play for a minutes and then nothing. Twice already today.

Can you trying restarting your device and start the game without other apps running in the background?

LavaMagic
04-13-20, 11:34 PM
Oops, I deleted my post. I didn’t realize, but I guess this has been abandoned.