PDA

View Full Version : Bakery Update: May 25 2016

kooky panda
05-24-16, 09:22 AM
Goal Thread (http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?91811-BAKERY-GOALS-2016-May-25-Lucky-Stars)

http://67.media.tumblr.com/ab2c4bef6c3690af2e213f032a82f875/tumblr_inline_o7p7cyDGXV1qm7yoc_540.png
Now that the nights are clear, it’s time to go stargazing! When you and your Customers peer into the celestial ether, we can feel the vastness of the heavens above. Check out your astrological significance with the Constellation Calendar decoration only in Bakery Story (http://t.umblr.com/redirect?z=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.facebook.com%2Fbakery story&t=MmE0ZmRkODMzYjNlMTIxNWZhNmE1NjI0N2E4YTllODNhMmNk NTZlYyxKT1o4VkoxbQ%3D%3D)!
You won’t need to check your Horoscope with these new items in your Bakery:

Astrological Clock decoration
Star Globe decoration
Horoscope Sconce wall decoration

Birthday Box 50% off!

Birthday Box

Common (4th Prize, 54%)
Birthday Clown
Birthday Balloons
Birthday Boy
Birthday Girl

Uncommon (3rd Prize, 35%)
Birthday Presents
Birthday Bike

Rare (2nd Prize, 10%)
Birthday Cake
Face Painting

Exceptional (1st Prize, 1%)
Bounce House

http://i.imgur.com/Z9eyxW6l.jpg

Bakerling
05-24-16, 11:24 AM
I wish to see that there is a goal or new appliance coming.:)

roxystaufenberg
05-24-16, 11:50 AM
New appliance please!

my607
05-24-16, 12:03 PM
I hope this goal is cute and not too expensive cuz I'm saving for a 30 mil expansion.

LalaSmooth
05-24-16, 12:20 PM
I see some of my neighbours quitting due to the lack of appliances and recipes. I really haven't been playing since the lack of recipes. I mean there is just nothing to do as the only way earning gems is by videos/games/purchasing... Please just bring back teamlava!!

mikepastry
05-24-16, 01:36 PM
It's a BEAUTIFUL goal! But if Astrological Clock is the final goal prize, it is kinda small for a final prize, no? Beautiful, but small...

ruskpaels
05-24-16, 01:48 PM
Wow, this looks beautiful! I love everything star related, and the alien sheep cupcakes (?) are completely adorable.

CassieJo84
05-24-16, 02:05 PM
Not too into astrology, but some of this is useable and I'm THRILLED to finally have new recipes.

my607
05-24-16, 02:08 PM
Where's the pic? That's horrible a clock for grand prize.

deekathleen
05-24-16, 02:20 PM
Eh, I'm not liking any of this. It's another one that looks last minute thrown together.

kooky panda
05-24-16, 02:25 PM
Where's the pic? That's horrible a clock for grand prize.

Posted Blog picture on post 1. :)

KennedyRomanov
05-24-16, 02:41 PM
Love this! So excited!

geordieprogman
05-24-16, 02:44 PM
Not sure yet where I'd put these. I do like them though. I'm happy getting goals as well.

psychic_baker
05-24-16, 02:46 PM
I'm not complaining! I'm happy to have a new goal and new oven!

LadyEna
05-24-16, 03:04 PM
I pretty much like everything.
The flooring is almost like the other dark blue flooring though.
Wallpaper is eh.
But the star lights are pretty.

Kinda agree on end prize could be better.

deekathleen
05-24-16, 03:06 PM
I really think that clock thing against the wall is ugly. I can't even think of a creative way to use this stuff. Suddenly the strawberry update looks better.

DragonWished
05-24-16, 03:15 PM
Good to have goals. :)

Some of these pieces will get a lot of use on my game board. I like the tables and the star lights especially well.

I hope that overly large clock isn't the final prize but it looks that way.

Rosie_573
05-24-16, 03:22 PM
I love everything about the previews :) tables especially & also the new recipes. Only thing I don't like is that big clock thing. Eh...guess it'll go right into storage once goals are finished. Lol

myferngardens
05-24-16, 03:47 PM
Ick. Glad for new ovens even if the recipes are wierd. I so wish I was playing back when the goals where CUTE and had something to do with a bakery/sweets! I missed the coffee, gelato and fudge shop goals...now those were SWEET. This theme is just strange.

LadyEna
05-24-16, 04:28 PM
Add a tarot reader or crystal ball reader and it might be a fortune
teller bakery? Could be a theme in making. With sideshows etc.

monstertop
05-24-16, 04:34 PM
I don't really like how everything looks. I haven't displayed any of the recent goal items, so this is kind of disappointing. Willl just look forward to new ovens.

deekathleen
05-24-16, 04:36 PM
Ick. Glad for new ovens even if the recipes are wierd. I so wish I was playing back when the goals where CUTE and had something to do with a bakery/sweets! I missed the coffee, gelato and fudge shop goals...now those were SWEET. This theme is just strange.

I know right. I would love to have actual bakery items. Coffee shops and cafe items and ice cream and donuts. I don't want a planetarium, I want a bakery.

dianeupside
05-24-16, 05:01 PM
Thankful for the new appliances and recipes. Not crazy bout the final prize either....strange looking, at least we're getting a lot of stuff for use at Halloween....HA HA

sleepygs
05-24-16, 05:57 PM
Love this! I already have a firefly/nighttime theme going, so this will fit right in! I don't even care if it's "astrology" it's stars.

I am very concerned about neighbors... I'm only getting about four gifts a day now. I cleaned out my list by deleting those that had on their wall they'd quit and I'm certain many more quit without saying anything. Without regular content the players are leaving and it's so difficult to keep enough neighbors to fulfill goal requests! It's really getting annoying.

3squares
05-24-16, 06:54 PM
I like it all. This stuff works well together. Like it much better than the RS content, which is pretty loud. But the RS goal prize is cool.

atrekker1
05-24-16, 07:04 PM
We've had these losers long enough. COME BACK TEAM LAVA!!!!!����

twospoons
05-24-16, 07:23 PM
i actually kind of like it, even though i'm totally not into astrology. maybe not as an altogether theme, but i can see where a lot of it can be split up and used else when. do wish i liked the final prize better, but the globe thingy is kind of neat.

foods that i can figure out: crab cupcakes for Cancer, watery blue cake for Aquarius i'm guessing, maybe the sheep are rams. isn't one of the signs symbolized by a ram? the symbol on top of the green cake definitely is a sign, although i don't remember which, and i can't tell what the cookies next to the water cake are (maybe fish?), nor the cupcakes in front of the green cake.

(can you tell i'm not into astrology?)

but hey, where's gemini? it's gemini right now! (which i know, cause happy birthday to me!) (2 days ago)

olcastle
05-24-16, 07:57 PM
Why wallpaper looks almost exactly like Starry wallpaper we already have? :confused:
Artists run out of ideas?

zeldashepard
05-24-16, 10:15 PM
oooh I'm really liking the theme!

bustedbob
05-24-16, 11:14 PM
Is there a way way to see the new ovens

sleepygs
05-25-16, 05:02 AM
I'm not so sure this is a goal. Why do people think it's a goal?

We have gotten full releases in the past, with a connected theme and new ovens. I think this is one of those times. I certainly hope the oven isn't for gems then! Or the counters! I always need better counters to go with whatever I'm designing.

ruskpaels
05-25-16, 05:07 AM

We have gotten full releases in the past, with a connected theme and new ovens. I think this is one of those times. I certainly hope the oven isn't for gems then! Or the counters! I always need better counters to go with whatever I'm designing.
Have we ever got two ovens in one update when it's not a goal?

deekathleen
05-25-16, 06:10 AM

Well there hasn't been a goal in May yet. There are two ovens and six new food items on the counters. Why do you think it is not a goal?

myferngardens
05-25-16, 06:29 AM
I just reopened my bakery after two weeks of no food on the counters and chairs in front of the doors. It felt kinda sad. I too am worried about the future of this game. It used to be exciting. The out-there not related to a bakery/food prep/not so sweet themes are not resonating with the majority of players. Sure a couple of ballet dancers, colonial period fans, wagon train enthusiasts, sports nuts or astrology horoscope lovers are really excited, but those fringes can not financially support the game. It's a simple solution more content and make that deluge of content have something to do with a bakery/sweet. Appeal to the masses. Stay closer to the heart of the game.

atrekker1
05-25-16, 07:43 AM
Well spoken and so true. I just can't understand why the producers of these games continue with S8 when it is so obvious they are losing players which means lost revenue!

DoublePortion
05-25-16, 08:07 AM
Where is the strawberry goal? We got a chair with pink chevrons but no table to go with it. I thought for sure there was a great goal line coming up.

fantab102
05-25-16, 08:11 AM
Well there hasn't been a goal in May yet. There are two ovens and six new food items on the counters. Why do you think it is not a goal?

Where do you see two ovens? There aren't any new ovens :(

deekathleen
05-25-16, 08:37 AM
Where do you see two ovens? There aren't any new ovens :(

Against the wall there are two ovens and on the counters are six new recipes.

sleepygs
05-25-16, 08:45 AM
Have we ever got two ovens in one update when it's not a goal?
Well, I thought it could have been the same oven rotated to show more of the art. We've certainly had more than 3 recipes in an oven before as well. I don't see the teaser talking about a goal, so I just figured it might not be correct to jump to the assumption that we're getting goals. I mean, how disappointed would some people get if they took our guessing at face value? It'd be weird, but Stormy could be testing out a new idea of two ovens on an update!

Guess we'll all find out in a few hours. Yes, I will be very happy if it's a new goal, but I don't want to be bent out of shape if it's not, either.

deekathleen
05-25-16, 09:03 AM
What is the thing next to the cash register suppose to be?

starpang
05-25-16, 09:53 AM
What in tarnation is going on with the new bakery story 2? I cant finish any of the challenges because it wont stay open long enough to even see what i need. I open the market and it shuts down, I click on the to do list and it shuts down, I try to cook and it shuts down. I try to move things in my bakery it shuts down. Please fix these issues. I have reinstalled this game 4 times now seeing if that would help, it didnt. I can play the older bakery story but it doesnt show the new items.

Mair74
05-25-16, 10:06 AM
It's dark and dull would be better as a fall or winter goal not spring or summer !

basmun
05-25-16, 10:35 AM
To me if I like this theme of stars .. constellations. Makes me want to go see the stars right now xD

I think that if goal... ovens in the image

VanaCatu
05-25-16, 11:01 AM
reserved for goals guide:
http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?91811-BAKERY-GOALS-2016-May-25-Lucky-Stars

sleepygs
05-25-16, 11:18 AM
I put the star flooring on top of the star themed floor we already had in the catalog... Yuk. The new one looks like graph paper with dots. Weird and not going to get any use from me.

But yeah, goals!

DragonWished
05-25-16, 12:13 PM
Birthday box is discounted 50% for a limited time.

gabbysmom87
05-25-16, 12:55 PM
Yeah... No. I don't like it but that's good because I just started playing again.

3squares
05-25-16, 01:47 PM
What Level do you have to achieve in order to participate in this goal? I have low level neighbors and I don't want to send them parts they can't use. Thanks

kooky panda
05-25-16, 02:24 PM
What Level do you have to achieve in order to participate in this goal? I have low level neighbors and I don't want to send them parts they can't use. Thanks
Level 12 :)

twospoons
05-25-16, 04:20 PM
victory lap! cause i sort of guessed what most of the food was.

ruskpaels
05-25-16, 11:02 PM
victory lap! cause i sort of guessed what most of the food was.
You did! Congratulations! I guessed alien sheep so you sure beat me. ;)

Bakerling
05-25-16, 11:05 PM
31229 the Final Goal prize is worth 32 Gems

ruskpaels
05-26-16, 06:20 AM
Okay, so these are all of the zodiac signs:

Aquarius: January 20 - February 18
Pisces: February 19 - March 20
Aries: March 21 - April 19
Taurus: April 20 - May 20
Gemini: May 21 - June 20
Cancer: June 21 - July 22
Leo: July 23 - August 22
Virgo: August 23 - September 22
Libra: September 23 - October 22
Scorpio: October 23 - November 21
Sagittarius: November 22 - December 21
Capricorn: December 22 - January 19

This means, we go the first three signs of the year in the first oven, and the next three in the second oven. I'd bet we will soon get an oven with recipes for Leo, Virgo and Libra, and then one with Scorpio, Sagittarius and Capricorn.

twospoons
05-26-16, 03:54 PM
ahh, interesting. i wonder if they'll continue this theme soon, or wait until we're closer to Leo--or midway between the 3rd & 4th seasons.

i'm hoping for more animal cupcakes. they're cute. although maybe not for scorpio, and i guess leo is the only other one.

maybe one of the decor items suggested as better final prizes this time to go with a second half astrology update?

DragonWished
05-26-16, 05:27 PM
We need a telescope with this goal. :-)

basmun
05-26-16, 07:57 PM
if I also want the other signs ... Leo, Virgo and Libra, and With Scorpio, Sagittarius and Capricorn

vnswift
05-26-16, 08:48 PM
Not sure what you mean? I love the different themes and miss things like the holiday updates or the event theme apps like the Olympic bakery story app or holiday bakery story. I loved the swimming pool, movie theatre, wedding themes from so long ago. Things like the boardwalk theme or pirate ones still appear in my bakery from time to time. I feel in the years past, they were more out of the box. I'm tired of fountains, dogs and bakery setups that all look the same

I just reopened my bakery after two weeks of no food on the counters and chairs in front of the doors. It felt kinda sad. I too am worried about the future of this game. It used to be exciting. The out-there not related to a bakery/food prep/not so sweet themes are not resonating with the majority of players. Sure a couple of ballet dancers, colonial period fans, wagon train enthusiasts, sports nuts or astrology horoscope lovers are really excited, but those fringes can not financially support the game. It's a simple solution more content and make that deluge of content have something to do with a bakery/sweet. Appeal to the masses. Stay closer to the heart of the game.

deekathleen
05-27-16, 03:41 AM
Not sure what you mean? I love the different themes and miss things like the holiday updates or the event theme apps like the Olympic bakery story app or holiday bakery story. I loved the swimming pool, movie theatre, wedding themes from so long ago. Things like the boardwalk theme or pirate ones still appear in my bakery from time to time. I feel in the years past, they were more out of the box. I'm tired of fountains, dogs and bakery setups that all look the same

Some of us started playing after the bakery, coffee shop, donut place, book club, themes were done. I love a unique theme sometimes too, but I would also love to have the option to do an actual bakery type theme sometimes too.

mikepastry
05-27-16, 11:46 AM
Did anyone get the Friday's value pack deal? Because I don't see any...

jbigby
05-27-16, 12:32 PM
Did anyone get the Friday's value pack deal? Because I don't see any...

I came to ask the same question I was looking forward to it

slayer7000
05-27-16, 02:19 PM
And now no Friday offer. This weekly update sucks.

deekathleen
05-27-16, 04:01 PM
Well maybe they are working on offering the Friday lto to all platforms and that is why there is none today. (Yeah I had a hard time posting that with a straight face)

I always have to turn my tablet off and walk away for an hour, because I'm so tempted to dismantle my entire rs and bs, every time I see the IOS ONLY lto every week.

mikepastry
05-27-16, 05:57 PM
It is hard to imagine the decision-making process behind offering a tiny goal prize or not offering Friday value pack (we pay real money for it).

steelersbabyyy
05-27-16, 07:48 PM
Well maybe they are working on offering the Friday lto to all platforms and that is why there is none today. (Yeah I had a hard time posting that with a straight face)

I always have to turn my tablet off and walk away for an hour, because I'm so tempted to dismantle my entire rs and bs, every time I see the IOS ONLY lto every week.

I only got an offer for restaurant and fashion story. None for bakery story

deekathleen
05-27-16, 08:24 PM
I only got an offer for restaurant and fashion story. None for bakery story

:mad::mad:

sls0991
05-27-16, 11:29 PM
I want happy to see the Birthday Box on sale, but man my luck really stinks. I got two of the bikes in a row and then another birthday presents and I already had that. So sad, I'll go cry now, lol.

LadyEna
05-30-16, 11:04 AM
This means, we go the first three signs of the year in the first oven, and the next three in the second oven. I'd bet we will soon get an oven with recipes for Leo, Virgo and Libra, and then one with Scorpio, Sagittarius and Capricorn.

I am hoping we get two more ovens as well for the rest of the signs!
I'm a Sag., daughter is a Capricorn.

^Looking forward to this S8!!

atrekker1
05-30-16, 11:46 AM
I agree with you.its hard for the old-timers to adjust to the unimaginative updates we've been getting. I used to be exited each week to see the new update.. Not anymore. They have been boring and have nothing to do with baking or baking environments. Very sad..

slayer7000
05-31-16, 03:14 PM
I think they forgot about the teaser.... Wups

jbigby
05-31-16, 03:17 PM
I think they forgot about the teaser.... Wups

Smh unbelievable

deekathleen
05-31-16, 03:20 PM
Might not be one today since yesterday was a holiday.

slayer7000
05-31-16, 03:45 PM
Poor excuse, it takes them probably 10 mins to do it
Might not be one today since yesterday was a holiday.

deekathleen
05-31-16, 04:05 PM
Poor excuse, it takes them probably 10 mins to do it

I agree.