PDA

View Full Version : Castle Story: 5/20 Update - The Colosseum Of Beasts (TIMED/OPTIONAL) | EXPIRED

Pages : 1 [2] 3 4

jbfps116
05-23-16, 06:26 AM
Thanks for posting, now I know to work on more paste and Royal beams when I can.

this list is inaccurate . you don't need that many beams. level 8 needs 2 pastes and only 4 royal beams

jbfps116
05-23-16, 06:28 AM
@Korlcek, thank you for the information! Visiting level 5 watchtowers or lantern spires 120 times is not possible for me; I only have two, and I don't want to use up resources to level-up a bunch of them. I'm actually wondering if the 120 is a mistake; maybe the number was meant to be 20, and someone fat-fingered it?

Was it really supposed to be 120 visits to level 5 towers/spires?

yes it is :(

kschlag
05-23-16, 06:31 AM
yes it is :(

I was asking any S8 employees involved in the planning of the event that might be following this thread. I understand that's what is currently listed in the goal, but I am curious if that is what was intended.

jbfps116
05-23-16, 06:32 AM
colosseum level 9 needs: 24 ea mason tools, 2 builder's pastes, 4 royal blocks
Level 8 GIVES 41 crests and 2-4 ea mason tools

fourth prize costs 3,200 crests

federerGOAT
05-23-16, 06:37 AM
What! 120 visits to level 5 watchtower/spires!

Geez, I wasted a lot of my resources building new ones, no way I can get them all to level 5.
Will have to skip this one as well.

aurora171
05-23-16, 06:41 AM
if we don't complete the x18 visits to level 5 taverns and such, does it mean that we can't complete the whole event? I know it says they're timed and I guess kind of stand alone quests buuut they're listed as required? idk, I'm starting to think this is a liiiiittle impossible!!

federerGOAT
05-23-16, 06:41 AM
this list is inaccurate . you don't need that many beams. level 8 needs 2 pastes and only 4 royal beams

Unfortunately I read the other post before you posted your information, and have used my furs in the royal exchange thinking it wasn't going to be needed. :(

meme1098
05-23-16, 07:00 AM
there are three time quests, each has 3 day limit:

Tools To Trade?
- Plant Wheatt (25)
- Harvest Wheat (50)
- Visit the Market Places (3)
Reward:
Mason's Chisel(2)
Mason's Hammer(2)

Tool Bar
- Pay 100000 Coins
- Have a Level 5 Tavern
- Visit Level 5 Taverns (18)
Reward:
- Mason's Chisel(6)
- Mason's Hammer(6)

Tower Defense
- Have Level 5 Watchtowers or Lantern Spires (2)
- Inspect Level 5 Watchtowers or Lantern Spires (120)
Reward:
- Mason's Chisel(9)
- Mason's Hammer(9)

Thanks for posting this, koricek.

@Korlcek, thank you for the information! Visiting level 5 watchtowers or lantern spires 120 times is not possible for me; I only have two, and I don't want to use up resources to level-up a bunch of them. I'm actually wondering if the 120 is a mistake; maybe the number was meant to be 20, and someone fat-fingered it?

Was it really supposed to be 120 visits to level 5 towers/spires?

I really don't see how a level 17 player can come close to finishing this. :confused:

I was asking any S8 employees involved in the planning of the event that might be following this thread. I understand that's what is currently listed in the goal, but I am curious if that is what was intended.

What! 120 visits to level 5 watchtower/spires!

Geez, I wasted a lot of my resources building new ones, no way I can get them all to level 5.
Will have to skip this one as well.

This just seems impossible for many, many players.

honerkowski
05-23-16, 07:15 AM
Wow, this Thread became really confusing...
Some say you need Royal Blocks for upgrading the Colosseum, others write about Royal Beams,...
SInce I am short on Silver, I will prepare only very few, before I reach this Part (if ever...), so I Won't have the wrong ones

IS it already clear if the watchtowers / lantern spires really have to Be Level 5 for the Separate 3-day-Goal?
MAybe somebody could post a picture of this Goal?

Or S8 started with individual Goals for every player in this Event 

kschlag
05-23-16, 07:16 AM
if we don't complete the x18 visits to level 5 taverns and such, does it mean that we can't complete the whole event? I know it says they're timed and I guess kind of stand alone quests buuut they're listed as required? idk, I'm starting to think this is a liiiiittle impossible!!

It cannot be a required goal, because it has a different timer than the event itself: it would make no sense for a required goal to expire 19 days before the event ends (I saw a screen flash up that said "required" while it was loading, but it looked like a glitch to me). It's a side-quest to earn extra building materials, nothing more.

There's no way I can do the 120 watchtower thing, so I'm just not going to worry about that part. I may get the tavern visits done, but if I don't I'm pretty sure I'll still be able to build the collesseum.

riverly
05-23-16, 07:17 AM
I am ignoring all side goals.

BahSunFarms
05-23-16, 07:24 AM
Awww man. So watchtowers have to be level 5?! I wish I'd known before I built an extra 10. lol
I still have a while before I reach that side goal so I can try to upgrade them but this will definitely deplete my storage.

Also the drops from my level 4 colosseum are now increased and uneven. I get more hammers than chisels (not sure how many) but more than one of each.

1whitty
05-23-16, 07:25 AM
Is there a skip option on visiting 120 level 5 watchtowers/lantern spires? I don't have enough level 5 to finish this one. I bought & built several more, but don't think I can get them to level 5.

federerGOAT
05-23-16, 07:25 AM
I am ignoring all side goals.

I'm also ignoring the side goals.
And will also ignore the final main goal if I manage to collect 5600 crests in time.
Will not give 5 hearty feasts unless I need that extra 150 crests to reach the final prize.

azriX2012
05-23-16, 07:30 AM
And here was I thinking this event was going to be easy...

kdgulle
05-23-16, 07:30 AM
I haven't seen it mentioned yet, but trolls from the Troll Sparring Pit count towards the "Hunt Monsters" goal.

No the trolls do not count for this part unfortunately. I tried it again and yes they do count. I'm surprised.

riverly
05-23-16, 07:31 AM
Concerning uneven drops- this is not surprising. I expected it really. I am saving my resources for the collesum and not for upgrades to towers and spires. I'm letting the hammers and chisels fall where they may. I'm a level 50 player. Imo I think lower level players are automatically locked out of the side quests without the use of gems. That is just my opinion.

1whitty
05-23-16, 07:33 AM
I'm also ignoring the side goals.
And will also ignore the final main goal if I manage to collect 5600 crests in time.
Will not give 5 hearty feasts unless I need that extra 150 crests to reach the final prize.

I haven't seen anything about the hearty feasts. Did I miss it in the posts?

sweerfarmer
05-23-16, 07:35 AM
No the trolls do not count for this part unfortunately.

Trolls are counting up, I just ****ed two n they are counted

kdgulle
05-23-16, 07:35 AM
Concerning uneven drops- this is not surprising. I expected it really. I am saving my resources for the collesum and not for upgrades to towers and spires. I'm letting the hammers and chisels fall where they may. I'm a level 50 player. Imo I think lower level players are automatically locked out of the side quests without the use of gems. That is just my opinion.
I agree with you. I'm not going to be doing the 120 watchtower quest either. I think that one is way over the top. Way to many resources to upgrade that many to level 5 only to delete them later if another quest comes along with different royal buildings. I think building the coliseum will be doable without this side quest.

kdgulle
05-23-16, 07:36 AM
Trolls are counting up, I just ****ed two n they are counted
Yep I tried it again and he counted this time. Thank you.

federerGOAT
05-23-16, 07:38 AM
I haven't seen anything about the hearty feasts. Did I miss it in the posts?

Here

Frontpage information:
Level 6 colosseum gives 24 crests and 1-3 ea mason tools
Level 7 needs 18 ea mason tools, 30 fur, and 3 royal blocks
Level 7 gives 32 crests and 1-3 ea mason tools

Level 8 needs 18 ea. mason tools, 2 builder's paste, 4 royal beams

After you upgrade to level 6 final goal info:
"We've got you Covered!"
visit 20 community kingdoms
give 5 hearty feasts
upgrade colsseum to level 10

reward: 150 crests

sweerfarmer
05-23-16, 07:38 AM
Thanks for posting this, koricek.

I really don't see how a level 17 player can come close to finishing this. :confused:

This just seems impossible for many, many players.

Thanks for letting us know about watch towers and lantern spires, I have been asking about them since tomorrow.

sweerfarmer
05-23-16, 07:41 AM
@ spirit wood, plz check the first page info, there is so much which needs to be checked and corrected, like required goals or optional side goals, visit to level 5 watch towers or lantern spires, royal beams or blocks, thank u so much for helping us.

1whitty
05-23-16, 07:43 AM
Here

Thank you. I sure overlooked it.

azriX2012
05-23-16, 07:44 AM
120 visits to watchtowers lvl 5... this is insane. Why make it so hard S8? I mean what's the point? If lvl50 players can't do it, who will?

azriX2012
05-23-16, 07:47 AM
Also, can we please get a clarification about the Naga Altar post-event? Will it be a useless deco with no drops at all? 500 gems for a deco (although pretty) is not a good deal.

riverly
05-23-16, 07:55 AM
Also, can we please get a clarification about the Naga Altar post-event? Will it be a useless deco with no drops at all? 500 gems for a deco (although pretty) is not a good deal.in the past the 500 gem event buildings have not proven their worth. Basically worthless.

EsmeW2
05-23-16, 07:57 AM
Awww man. So watchtowers have to be level 5?! I wish I'd known before I built an extra 10. lol
I still have a while before I reach that side goal so I can try to upgrade them but this will definitely deplete my storage.

Ludicrous! Bad enough having to check 120 watchtowers in 3 days but just plain ridiculous for them to have to be level 5. Wish I hadn't just got myself 10 new ones and wasted the resources on building them. I'm joining the skipping crew.

aurora171
05-23-16, 08:10 AM
It cannot be a required goal, because it has a different timer than the event itself: it would make no sense for a required goal to expire 19 days before the event ends (I saw a screen flash up that said "required" while it was loading, but it looked like a glitch to me). It's a side-quest to earn extra building materials, nothing more.

There's no way I can do the 120 watchtower thing, so I'm just not going to worry about that part. I may get the tavern visits done, but if I don't I'm pretty sure I'll still be able to build the collesseum.

phew!! thank you for clarifying! I had a slight panic when it flashed up like that!!

badbunny42
05-23-16, 08:16 AM
I'm glad to know others are seeing the "required" dialogue. Was beginning to think I was in a parellel universe.

Does the "required" dialogue also show up with that crazed 120 watchtower side quest?

plby
05-23-16, 08:23 AM
The challenge "tool bar" is required, timed for three days, and pops up immediately after you reach level 4 on the colliseum. It requires:
100,000 coins
1 level 5 tavern
18 visits to level 5 tavern

Given the long recharge time for taverns, better have more than one.

This is required. A separate dialogue screen came up with that single word.

I know someone posted it wasn't required. Spirit wind, clarification, please?

Noticed the separate dialog screen with REQUIRED, capital letters and all, as well. If a timed goal during a community event really is required that's a first, and this one is pretty much impossible to do as well... that's without spending gems, obviously...

twinkletoes12348
05-23-16, 08:36 AM
I'm glad to know others are seeing the "required" dialogue. Was beginning to think I was in a parellel universe.

:D

I definitely saw it, too.

ClaireEdwolf
05-23-16, 09:02 AM
I'm curious to see if someone has the 3-day quest expired without completing it is still able to do the main quest... Since it is 3 days, but with the word "REQUIRED", it's really confusing me. In past events, if it is a timed side goal and has no effect to our main goal progress, there will be a sentence in the dialogue above the quest, also in capital letters, pointing out that for us. In these goals' dialogue, there's none.
I may collect enough things for all the individual prizes and lv.10 Colosseum, but it's impossible for me to do these side goals even when knowing things ahead. I think low levelled players who don't have enough materials stocked will be on the same side as me. :(

bwunderbach
05-23-16, 09:02 AM
No the trolls do not count for this part unfortunately. I tried it again and yes they do count. I'm surprised.

Yeah, I was surprised, too. That's why I thought I'd let everyone know that they count. My wording could have been better, though. :)

ashley224
05-23-16, 09:03 AM
Unfortunately I read the other post before you posted your information, and have used my furs in the royal exchange thinking it wasn't going to be needed. :(

I never trade in the royal exchange unless I'm almost full of everything that I'm trading. One never knows what will be needed in a challenge.

Liloze
05-23-16, 09:10 AM
Side goals aren't required. As long as the main event is on going everyone can continue to tha last minute. This "Required" flashing is IMHO a trap, make players get panicky and spend gems! :rolleyes:
Not surprised S8 would do it.
I am skipping all of the side goals and playing, business as usual, in my kingdom.
What is left of the energy ( if there's anything left) I use for the crests/Colloseum. at a snail pace, since am not at all interested in this "event" ! :rolleyes:

Radegast1
05-23-16, 10:33 AM
Would suggest that anyone doing this event take the total crest needed for Naga ( reported as 5600) subtract out the number you already have and then divide that number by the days remaining to get the number of crest needed per day. This way once you get your minimum for the day you could go about business as usual. There is no reward for finishing quickly. Good Luck

ashley224
05-23-16, 10:39 AM
Would suggest that anyone doing this event take the total crest needed for Naga ( reported as 5600) subtract out the number you already have and then divide that number by the days remaining to get the number of crest needed per day. This way once you get your minimum for the day you could go about business as usual. There is no reward for finishing quickly. Good Luck

Excellent suggestion, remember that the colosseum will drop more crests per collections as it levels up, making things easier as we move along.

dipwid
05-23-16, 11:10 AM

For me that averages to around 239 per day. I'm not sure it's doable normally wo gems.

Snowtiger333
05-23-16, 11:20 AM
Excellent suggestion, remember that the colosseum will drop more crests per collections as it levels up, making things easier as we move along.

No it does not. Whomever reported that was incorrect. Mine is level 3 and still drops one each per collection.

EDIT: nvmd. I read that wrong. Its one each of the things to upgrade. No clue how many crests it drops.

Radegast1
05-23-16, 11:20 AM
For me that averages to around 239 per day. I'm not sure it's doable normally wo gems.

concentrate on farmhouses. if you have enough just with energy you get you can get 20 an hour tough at first but with the level up you could get there. good luck

Radegast1
05-23-16, 11:22 AM
No it does not. Whomever reported that was incorrect. Mine is level 3 and still drops one each per collection.
crest increase by level but not the tools

Radegast1
05-23-16, 11:24 AM
Drops from the Colosseum Of Beasts
Level 1: 2 crests + 1 hammer + 1 chisel
Level 2: 4 crests + 1 hammer + 1 chisel
Level 3: 7 crests + 1 hammer + 1 chisel
Level 4: 11 crests + 1 hammer + 1 chisel

From first page of thread

Jinc4
05-23-16, 11:39 AM
My level 4 colosseum has just dropped 11 crests + 3 hammers and 1 chisel.

katbtodd
05-23-16, 11:54 AM
I counter seem to be stuck , I have collected twice and its,just staying ,,and yes I forced close,., to get it to add up I have to any ways

It seems to be working now. I shut down all the way and went out side for awhile ,,,came back brought it back up and it seems find ,,,,,I hope

Jennerwein1
05-23-16, 12:22 PM
Need 198/day. Will see how far I get without gems( on gem strike since Aligate ). I will save my remaining gems for the tent, and just play with whatever gems I win. I have lots of farmhouses, 2 lvl 5 taverns, but will skip the side goals, too unrealistic.
I must say that last fiasco has fundamentally changed my game play. If I get that Naga statue fine, if not, fine,too. ( just like with the Leaderboard ) And my sanity and wallet are better off for it.

ClubhouseCity
05-23-16, 12:28 PM
Level 10 drops 68 Royal Crests + various items.

katbtodd
05-23-16, 12:39 PM
Need 198/day. Will see how far I get without gems( on gem strike since Aligate ). I will save my remaining gems for the tent, and just play with whatever gems I win. I have lots of farmhouses, 2 lvl 5 taverns, but will skip the side goals, too unrealistic.
I must say that last fiasco has fundamentally changed my game play. If I get that Naga statue fine, if not, fine,too. ( just like with the Leaderboard ) And my sanity and wallet are better off for it.

I read it's a naga pet with a 22 hour timer and drops energy and all the naga drops even the coral

transberry
05-23-16, 12:59 PM
If the goal is visit towers 120 times
Tower refresh is 3 hours 8 possible clicks in 24 hrs

You would need 15 towers

The limit on towers is way less than 15, so no one could do this goal without gem speeding

Elen4070
05-23-16, 01:15 PM
I dont see how they can seriously think clicking on 120 watch towers is a reasonable goal. It would be a reasonable goal without ALI-gate, and only for those people with so many extra energy a day they could sell all possible town buildings to build many many watchtowers. The tavern goal is stretching it far too, but the watchtower is crazy. For the measly drop reported of one item? nah. crazy.

kschlag
05-23-16, 01:17 PM
This was posted earlier, but some information was inaccurate. I wrote everything down.

Upgrade the collesseum to level 6 requires:
40 cow hide
3 Royal beam
12 hammer
12 chisel

Upgrade to level 7 requires:
30 fur
3 Royal block
18 hammer
18 chisel

The fifth goal includes:
Visit 20 community kingdoms (I'm assuming these can't be neighbors)
Serve 5 hearty feasts
Upgrade collesseum to level 10

Fifth goal rewards:
2400 coin
7xp
150 crests

RevdKathy
05-23-16, 01:24 PM
My level 4 colosseum has just dropped 11 crests + 3 hammers and 1 chisel.
You must have got mine. I got 3 chisels and 1 hammer.

29vanilla
05-23-16, 01:30 PM
I dont see how they can seriously think clicking on 120 watch towers is a reasonable goal. It would be a reasonable goal without ALI-gate, and only for those people with so many extra energy a day they could sell all possible town buildings to build many many watchtowers. The tavern goal is stretching it far too, but the watchtower is crazy. For the measly drop reported of one item? nah. crazy.

Haven't got there yet. Reluctantly upgraded my 3rd tavern to level 5 so that goal would be easier. But 120 visits! I agree. That's insane! Is it really only a reward of 1 each (hammer and chisel)? If so wish I hadn't wasted resources on upgrading the tavern.

ashley224
05-23-16, 01:32 PM

You would need 15 towers

The limit on towers is way less than 15, so no one could do this goal without gem speeding

My tower refresh time is 4 hr. Because I like my sleep, assuming 4 collections a day, roughly 8am, noon, 4 pm and 8 pm, three days is 12 collections per tower. Thus 10 towers will give 120 in three days. Achievable for higher level players, impossible for lower level players. Hoping requirement will be less for lower level players.

azriX2012
05-23-16, 01:37 PM
Thus 10 towers will give 120 in three days. Achievable for higher level players, impossible for lower level players. Hoping requirement will be less for lower level players.

Yes but those 10 towers need to be level 5...

29vanilla
05-23-16, 01:38 PM
How many crests required for the end goal prize? 1600 for the 3rd prize seems excessive! I play Dragon Story a bit and the last community event changed. Required a huge amount to reach the individual goal. Made it so that it was pretty much impossible to attain without spending gems. Meaning I didn't get it! And with continued diligent game play I was always able to reach the end goal. Seems like the same tactic for this community event. Surely hope not.

Wonkaland99
05-23-16, 01:41 PM

You would need 15 towers

Sorry your maths are wrong. There are 3 days for this goal, so 120 divided by 3 divided by 8 equals a theoretical 5 towers. Of course this would leave you a little short because of the few seconds it takes to tap.

Realistically having 8 towers and collecting 5 times a day or 10 and collecting 4 times will do the trick.

I'm going to have a go, but don't know if I can get the resources to upgrade to level 5 in time.

ashley224
05-23-16, 01:42 PM
Yes but those 10 towers need to be level 5...

Yes they do, as a long term player I had 7 level 5 spire and towers from previous challenges and upgrading between challenges. Only built 3 more with inventory stock. As I said achievable for higher level players, hoping they are asking less of lower levels...

I have multiple incomplete buildings from when I was starting out and before I knew about the forum to help. I made the choice not to do all the side goals and when to use gems or not to use gems. It was frustrating at times. Each player must choose the path that is right for them.

SpiritWind00
05-23-16, 01:42 PM
I'll update posts 1 and 2 as soon as I can. I will check on the side goals too.

ashley224
05-23-16, 01:50 PM

Thanks, Spiritwind, appreciate all you do. Hope you had a refreshing sleep��

Radegast1
05-23-16, 01:52 PM

You would need 15 towers

Try not to complete the goal, not sure which one, that causes the Watchtower side goal to appear unless all your towers are ready for collection.
This will give you a quick bunch of towers while not using much time

DeeDeeBird70
05-23-16, 01:53 PM

You would need 15 towers

Tower refresh time is 4 hours, maximum of 6 clicks if done by alarm. But 4 clicks a day times 3 days times 10 towers would just make 120.
5 clicks a day easily possible. For example: 7am, 11am, 3pm, 7pm, 11pm. This would work with 8 towers. Intensive but possible without gems.

azriX2012
05-23-16, 01:55 PM
Yes they do, as a long term player I had 7 level 5 spire and towers from previous challenges and upgrading between challenges. Only built 3 more with inventory stock. As I said achievable for higher level players, hoping they are asking less of lower levels...

I have multiple incomplete buildings from when I was starting out and before I knew about the forum to help. I made the choice not to do all the side goals and when to use gems or not to use gems. It was frustrating at times. Each player must choose the path that is right for them.

I've never been a fan of watchtowers/spires and never built more than necessary for the storyline. I guess I'm out with this sidequest because I don't think the reward is worth the upgrade of 9 watchtowers to lvl5, especially because of the royal beans and blocks.

meme1098
05-23-16, 02:00 PM
Tower refresh time is 4 hours, maximum of 6 clicks if done by alarm. But 4 clicks a day times 3 days times 10 towers would just make 120.
5 clicks a day easily possible. For example: 7am, 11am, 3pm, 7pm, 11pm. This would work with 8 towers. Intensive but possible without gems.

So in order to accomplish this goal, you need 10 level 5 spires/towers. Just crazy!

storiadelcastello
05-23-16, 02:01 PM

Do we know if we can use spires as well. I have one level 5 and 3 level 1plus the 4 level 5 watch towers. Don't want to get more watch towers if I can update my spires

1whitty
05-23-16, 02:04 PM
Do we know if we can use spires as well. I have one level 5 and 3 level 1plus the 4 level 5 watch towers. Don't want to get more watch towers if I can update my spires

Spires count

29vanilla
05-23-16, 02:04 PM

Crest requirements too? Through end of goal. And reward amounts for side goals? Thanks so much.

katbtodd
05-23-16, 02:13 PM

And they all have to be level 5

SpiritWind00
05-23-16, 02:18 PM
I've added lots of player posts to the front page until I can get to a PC later in the day. I've asked 3 things to S8: about Side goal numbers etc; altar post event; and wording about 'required' on goal screens.

Number of crests info comes from us, and given there's only one number missing now, and they're the same (from memory) as in last event, it safe to assume it's around 3200. But need a player to please post and confirm.

badbunny42
05-23-16, 02:21 PM
Some of this math seems suspect. I now have 8 spires/towers. If I collect from them five times in one day ( 8, 11, 2, 5, 8) that's 40 collections. Do that for 3 days and it's exactly 120. Or is my math bad?l

Sorry 4 hour collection so a little harder but still doable: 7, 11, 3, 7, 11.

Of course I have no life and I'm not above shortening that last collection time with one of my hoarded gems. Heh heh

Moulin1
05-23-16, 02:30 PM
Some of this math seems suspect. I now have 8 spires/towers. If I collect from them five times in one day ( 8, 11, 2, 5, 8) that's 40 collections. Do that for 3 days and it's exactly 120. Or is my math bad?

Watchtowers are every 4 hours - 8, 12, 4, 8, 12

kdgulle
05-23-16, 02:31 PM
Some of this math seems suspect. I now have 8 spires/towers. If I collect from them five times in one day ( 8, 11, 2, 5, 8) that's 40 collections. Do that for 3 days and it's exactly 120. Or is my math bad?

As long as each of those towers are level 5 your math is good. 8*5=40. 40*3= 120.

meme1098
05-23-16, 02:50 PM
This just boggles the mind that a level 17, or even level 50 like me, could ever accomplish this goal. I have but 4 level 5 spires & towers so it's completely impossible for me.

*** SW or Kooky:
Can you ask the developers is this actually supposed to be 120 visits to level 5 spires & lanterns?

federerGOAT
05-23-16, 02:54 PM
I never trade in the royal exchange unless I'm almost full of everything that I'm trading. One never knows what will be needed in a challenge.

I normally wouldn't either.
But was doing some forward planning thinking I needed a lot of royal beams. And since I had exhausted my wood building those useless towers, thought I'd get a beam or two using the trapper trade.

ashley224
05-23-16, 03:04 PM
I normally wouldn't either.
But was doing some forward planning thinking I needed a lot of royal beams. And since I had exhausted my wood building those useless towers, thought I'd get a beam or two using the trapper trade.

I hope you received the beams you wanted.

ashley224
05-23-16, 03:21 PM
I'd like to remind players that if they choose to speed up buildings using gems, it is typically 1 gem per half hour or part of a half hour. therefore 2 gems per hour, 3 gems per 1.5 hours etc. if you are close to the half hour or half hour multiple ie 1 hour and 2 mins which would be three gems, waiting 2 minutes brings it down to 1 hour which is only 2 gems. Speeding the last half hour 4 times is the same gem equivalent as speeding up 2 hours. This would apply to the colosseum, watch towers and spires. Taverns are different amount but same principle.

federerGOAT
05-23-16, 03:36 PM
I hope you received the beams you wanted.

Thanks.
With the correct information poster later on, found out that I didn't need the fancy beam/s to make more royal beams as I already have enough royal beams.

transberry
05-23-16, 04:17 PM
I have 7 towers and spires, unless love ones count too

I have 3 of each at level 5 from prior goals

I can't buy more so I'll have to try with just the 7 I have

I have about 8 taverns though making that goal very doable

SparklyOctopus
05-23-16, 04:22 PM
As long as each of those towers are level 5 your math is good. 8*5=40. 40*3= 120.

Hey there! Thanks for letting us know about this. :) I flagged this over to the team.

iamvan2
05-23-16, 04:50 PM
At what step does the side goal with the Towers and Spires pop up? I'm trying to upgrade but am out of royal blocks and beams.

kdgulle
05-23-16, 04:55 PM
Hey there! Thanks for letting us know about this. :) I flagged this over to the team.

Do you think they will change the requirements. Even at level 50 this isn't do able for me.

kschlag
05-23-16, 04:56 PM
At what step does the side goal with the Towers and Spires pop up? I'm trying to upgrade but am out of royal blocks and beams.

It showed up for me when I upgraded the collesseum to level 6, I think. SparklyOctopus said (s)he (sorry, not sure) was notifying the team of the goal. I hope that means the 120 visits to level 5 towers was a mistake!

ashley224
05-23-16, 05:30 PM
I have 7 towers and spires, unless love ones count too

I have 3 of each at level 5 from prior goals

I can't buy more so I'll have to try with just the 7 I have

I have about 8 taverns though making that goal very doable

That's were I was too, I was at my total limit of royal buildings. I looked over what royal buildings I had and chose to sell three level 1 conservatories to allow me to buy three more towers. Thinking of the future, I balanced 5 towers with 5 spires. If you sell existing buildings to buy different ones be careful, one time I accidentally sold several of my level 5 buildings instead of the level 1 buildings. It was a big oops!

preinsko
05-23-16, 05:58 PM
I have a 8 hr a day job and I need to sleep or I can't do my job so I guess I'm out of the game. TL this is crazy sure the math works on paper; but is it realistic? I seem to remember neighbors with more than 7 towers; but I sold mine so I don't remember exactly.

SparklyOctopus
05-23-16, 06:03 PM
Do you think they will change the requirements. Even at level 50 this isn't do able for me.

Hey guys! Thanks for being so patient. I've talked to the team and yes, it is intended for 120 Level 5 Watchtowers/Lantern Spires. I've passed along the feedback that the number is especially high this time around. To confirm, this Goal is optional and does not need to be completed. Thanks again for all of your patience!

kdgulle
05-23-16, 06:24 PM
Hey guys! Thanks for being so patient. I've talked to the team and yes, it is intended for 120 Level 5 Watchtowers/Lantern Spires. I've passed along the feedback that the number is especially high this time around. To confirm, this Goal is optional and does not need to be completed. Thanks again for all of your patience!

Thanks for checking on it for us, I'll pass on it. I think they need to rethink something like this. I know it's supposed to be challenging. This is beyond a fun challenge. I could see maybe 60. The resources involved for a side quest should be do able for everyone. There is no way lower levels even have a chance. Maybe the team should try these quests out before launching them.

gilachaya
05-23-16, 06:26 PM
Prize number 4 is the Monster Stable. It has a 22 hour timer on it. The final prize needs 5,600 Royal Crests. At level 10 the colosseum drops 68 Royal Crests.

doodledoo20000
05-23-16, 06:51 PM
This 120 Level 5 Watchtower visits is just silly. I'm completely full on almost everything so it would be so, so easy for me to sell my endless other buildings from a past event and buy and level up a bunch of watchtowers. But why? What is the point? The goals used to have a point, but now, the only point I can see is to annoy long-time players who are required to do a bunch of mindless tasks over and over or force newer player to purchase gems if they want to complete. It's sad...

Tiggerddh
05-23-16, 06:52 PM
Thanks for checking on it for us, I'll pass on it. I think they need to rethink something like this. I know it's supposed to be challenging. This is beyond a fun challenge. I could see maybe 60. The resources involved for a side quest should be do able for everyone. There is no way lower levels even have a chance. Maybe the team should try these quests out before launching them.

It's called storm8 math..calculations and decisions based on formulas and data no one else understands and designed to upset loyal customers.

fantaloonastic
05-23-16, 07:08 PM
I tried wading through 34 pages but dont have much time and didn't see the answer so sorry if this has been asked a million times on the pages I didn't see:

I have only 1 tavern and can't buy more. I've dumped near everything I had in storage and it's not letting me get more still. What am I doing wrong? Clearly this goal isn't doable with 1 tavern! Thankfully it's not really required

BahSunFarms
05-23-16, 07:12 PM
922 crests...I'm getting there!

ashley224
05-23-16, 07:16 PM
I tried wading through 34 pages but dont have much time and didn't see the answer so sorry if this has been asked a million times on the pages I didn't see:

I have only 1 tavern and can't buy more. I've dumped near everything I had in storage and it's not letting me get more still. What am I doing wrong? Clearly this goal isn't doable with 1 tavern! Thankfully it's not really required
There is a maximum number of the different types of buildings allowed. The tavern is a town building. To see the other buildings in this grouping , go to the market and select the town building tab. Most likely you have a lot of farmhouses or cottages. If you sell one or more of these then you will be able to buy more taverns. If for example , you chose to sell some cottages, make sure you sell your lowest level cottages.

sweerfarmer
05-23-16, 07:17 PM

U need to sell any town building to build another tavern, storage doesn't help, I hope it helps now

riverly
05-23-16, 07:19 PM

I have only 1 tavern and can't buy more. I've dumped near everything I had in storage and it's not letting me get more still. What am I doing wrong? Clearly this goal isn't doable with 1 tavern! Thankfully it's not really requiredtaverns are classified as a town building. The limit of town buildings is 40. Other town buildings include- cottages, farmhouse, marketplace, windmill. You will have to sell one of these if you have multiples of any of these in order to get another tavern.

Radegast1
05-23-16, 07:20 PM
This 120 Level 5 Watchtower visits is just silly. I'm completely full on almost everything so it would be so, so easy for me to sell my endless other buildings from a past event and buy and level up a bunch of watchtowers. But why? What is the point? The goals used to have a point, but now, the only point I can see is to annoy long-time players who are required to do a bunch of mindless tasks over and over or force newer player to purchase gems if they want to complete. It's sad...

Shock and Aw
Shock when energy is taken any and Aw when everyone realizes not meant to be able to complete task

riverly
05-23-16, 07:25 PM
Good point!!! Sell the lowest level building. Don't sell a level 5 building.

fantaloonastic
05-23-16, 07:27 PM
Thanks for the quick replies! All set now, let's see if I can get there...this whole thing is not going too great anyway, only 420 crests so far

lindtball
05-23-16, 07:27 PM
It's called storm8 math..calculations and decisions based on formulas and data no one else understands and designed to upset loyal customers.

I honestly don't recall past events requiring only visits to Level 5 buildings, lower level not counted.

Niire
05-23-16, 07:28 PM

Yeah, to spring a quest like that on the community....there's no way unless it's gem skipped...which is most likely the intent, that's the only thing I can figure. I mean, how many people playing actually have enough buildings to actually make an attempt to pull that off? And even if we had all of our supplies maxed, we wouldn't be able to build enough towers to pull that off. Not mad, just boggled. Someone got added to the team who is one greedy son of a ***, lol....

By the way, this is no reflection on you OctopusPerson! Much love for you mods and managers, I can't even imagine how hard it's got to be to relay insane messages like that one. :( *Hugs!* (PS...my meds have made me insane today I think! So I apologize for my insanity! :p )

ashley224
05-23-16, 07:32 PM
Prize number 4 is the Monster Stable. It has a 22 hour timer on it. The final prize needs 5,600 Royal Crests. At level 10 the colosseum drops 68 Royal Crests.

Thanks for the quick replies! All set now, let's see if I can get there...this whole thing is not going too great anyway, only 420 crests so far
No worries, I only have 400 also, as you level up the colosseum, you'll get lots more!

riverly
05-23-16, 07:34 PM
Thanks for the quick replies! All set now, let's see if I can get there...this whole thing is not going too great anyway, only 420 crests so farthat is exactly the number I have. Crazy!!! Well I'm off to collect from my 2 farmhouses.

SpiritWind00
05-23-16, 07:40 PM
Update:
1. Side goal of spires has now been answered by SparklyOctopus
2. The Naga Altar post-event is decorative only after the event is finished.

I've added this to post 1/2.

yummy_bistro
05-23-16, 07:43 PM
Furs also come from chartreuse the cat, Frenchie the bulldog and the witches cat if you have any of those. Good luck

very low level player lv 28, do not have them and not even heard of them LOL

thx tho :)

29vanilla
05-23-16, 07:52 PM
Coins required from the leprechaun community event:

3500 final goal prize

This event:

3200?
5600 final goal prize

S8 wants us to spend gems. I could be wrong and I hope I am but this "optional" quest does not appear to be doable for most players.

riverly
05-23-16, 07:54 PM
500 gems for Naga altar. No way!! This is a gem trap in desguise. Beware!!
This statement is not off topic. No reason to delete please.

ashley224
05-23-16, 07:58 PM
Coins required from the leprechaun community event:

3500 final goal prize

This event:

3200?
5600 final goal prize

S8 wants us to spend gems. I could be wrong and I hope I am but this "optional" quest does not appear to be doable for most players.
I thought 5600 seemed high, thought my memory was failing me. And usually only 1 from marketplaces and taverns etc., perhaps I am being a little optimistic...

transberry
05-23-16, 08:04 PM
That's were I was too, I was at my total limit of royal buildings. I looked over what royal buildings I had and chose to sell three level 1 conservatories to allow me to buy three more towers. Thinking of the future, I balanced 5 towers with 5 spires. If you sell existing buildings to buy different ones be careful, one time I accidentally sold several of my level 5 buildings instead of the level 1 buildings. It was a big oops!

I don't have extra Royal nuildings

ashley224
05-23-16, 08:05 PM
SW, can you please find out why the buildings that have a higher recharge time, such as marketplaces, taverns, watchtowers, are generally only giving 1 crest this time, instead of the multiples they've always given in the past? Is this an error? Or is this the new way they are doing things?

29vanilla
05-23-16, 08:09 PM
I thought 5600 seemed high, thought my memory was failing me. And usually only 1 from marketplaces and taverns etc., perhaps I am being a little optimistic...

Yes. I really hope I'm wrong. Haven't done the math on number of drops from colliseum compared to other event. At first glance it seems comparatively equal. But not sure. I've just lost my trust and enthusiasm with S8. Sorry to bum others. Just wanting those with lower resources to not be disappointed. I just hope to at least level up the colliseum to max level. Don't have any unfinished buildings yet and don't want to start.

riverly
05-23-16, 08:12 PM
It doesn't seem right that the marketplaces just give 1 gem. For people who work, collecting from buildings with lengthy timers works better. We can't collect every 10 minutes.
Not to mention it uses less energy!

29vanilla
05-23-16, 08:28 PM
It doesn't seem right that the marketplaces just give 1 gem. For people who work, collecting from buildings with lengthy timers works better. We can't collect every 10 minutes.
Not to mention it uses less energy!

Tell me about it! I think I'm a freaking idiot for starting this. On vacation. I have 2 CS accounts. Literally, finger glued to tapping farm houses. There used to be a drop of 1-5 items from marketplaces and other buildings. So this is really not good. Why???? Getting very angry about this game I've become addicted to and love.

ClaireEdwolf
05-23-16, 08:42 PM
500 gems for a deco only after the event ends! Crazy price! And 5600 crests to get the final prize. The last useless deco was the 400 gem Glimmeregg Forge and the last community event final prize was at 3200 leprechaun coins. I understand that it should be challenging and fun. But no not fun. The Naga Altar should only be at 50 gems like someone has mentioned. And longer timed buildings should give more crests for people with work to be able to have a chance to finish too.

jmterao
05-23-16, 08:53 PM

Thanks for checking, exactly what is the point of this goal? To run around like a chicken with my head cut off? The rewards sure don't look worth the effort at all.

ashley224
05-23-16, 08:55 PM
Yes. I really hope I'm wrong. Haven't done the math on number of drops from colliseum compared to other event. At first glance it seems comparatively equal. But not sure. I've just lost my trust and enthusiasm with S8. Sorry to bum others. Just wanting those with lower resources to not be disappointed. I just hope to at least level up the colliseum to max level. Don't have any unfinished buildings yet and don't want to start.

I'm impressed! I have always assumed that everyone had some unfinished buildings...

DeeDeeBird70
05-23-16, 08:56 PM

Especially High???? This is absolutely insane. I'm a 3 year plus Level 50 player. I had 3 Level 5 Watchtowers and 4 Level 1. I built 3 more Level one and I'm at my limit for Royal buildings. In the past visiting lower level buildings was enough. With the limited space we have, all the watchtowers had been in storage.

I checked the Hub to see what would be needed to raise the 7 to Level 5.

7 Blue dye
210 wood
210 stone
56 Fancy Blocks
56 Fancy Beams
210 Iron
105 Silver
21 Royal Blocks
21 Royal Beams
21 Hearty Stews

Hmmmmmmmmmmmm. Think I'll pass on this one. . It would have been pretty intensive to make the 120 visits in 3 days but doable.
Patience is now in very short supply considering every thing that has happened in the last few weeks.

Queenzod
05-23-16, 09:48 PM
I'm in the same boat. With only 3 days to hit the tavern 18 times its just not gonna happen. So I'm gonna let it slide.

Thorgal
05-23-16, 09:57 PM
Especially High???? This is absolutely insane. I'm a 3 year plus Level 50 player. I had 3 Level 5 Watchtowers and 4 Level 1. I built 3 more Level one and I'm at my limit for Royal buildings. In the past visiting lower level buildings was enough. With the limited space we have, all the watchtowers had been in storage.

7 Blue dye
210 wood
210 stone
56 Fancy Blocks
56 Fancy Beams
210 Iron
105 Silver
21 Royal Blocks
21 Royal Beams
21 Hearty Stews

Hmmmmmmmmmmmm. Think I'll pass on this one. . It would have been pretty intensive to make the 120 visits in 3 days but doable.
Patience is now in very short supply considering every thing that has happened in the last few weeks.

It's insane given what the price is ... something that helps you to get another price that ain't especially great. Will be the first mission I will not bother since I started reading on this forum. I mean it would have been an awesome goal if the price would have been worth the effort. For instance one purple alicorn giving 40 energy every day...would have made the cut ;)

nessa005
05-23-16, 10:02 PM
Thanks for checking, exactly what is the point of this goal? To run around like a chicken with my head cut off? The rewards sure don't look worth the effort at all.

I'm out of this event now. Too much tapping, nothing creative and more decorations to store. I refuse to use gems or buy them to finish.

Not accepting new neighbours!

mcb397
05-23-16, 10:17 PM
Didn't see where this has been mentioned yet, but for Part Four, the troll from the Troll Sparring Pit DOES count toward the 10 monsters you have to fight.

RevdKathy
05-23-16, 10:37 PM
No confirmation as to whether the coliseum will continue to drop parts after the event. If not, then most of us are going to end up with an unfinished building in storage. Again. I abandoned the Cherry Tree early on as I could see it was impossible for me. I suspect this one is only doable if you spend gems on the side goals. Can't afford that. :(

Inevera
05-23-16, 11:30 PM
Don't know if anyone else has noticed this, but the 3day timer on my "visit 18 taverns goal" isn't moving - this is day 3 for me & my timer still shows 3days left (which is obviously great news!) so the task might be a lot easier than we thought :D

AnniePMH
05-23-16, 11:53 PM
Don't know if anyone else has noticed this, but the 3day timer on my "visit 18 taverns goal" isn't moving - this is day 3 for me & my timer still shows 3days left (which is obviously great news!) so the task might be a lot easier than we thought :D

Mine shows 2 days left...:confused:

Lyzau
05-23-16, 11:58 PM
This event should not have been named "COMMUNITY" event, as there is a large part of this community that is unable to participate in these insane goals. The side goals are impossible for even long time level 50 players with full stock of everything, but even the main goal of building the colloseum is very resource intensive and hard for lower level players. COMMUNITY events should be easy going, doable for both hardcore and casual players of Castle Story. The amount of crests needed for the individual end prize is way too steep for a casual participant.

I feel sorry for those who feel left out. These kind of grinds are not fun at all and do not enhance the sense of community. End goals should be achievable for everyone. Side goals should be reasonable. Or else don't call it a COMMUNITY event.

totalwasteoftime
05-24-16, 12:00 AM

You have to visit EIGHTEEN taverns? Is that a bug? I only had to make 4 visits so I stopped by my two level 5 taverns twice and was done... Page one says 4 visits listed in the goal (but then I see a comment reposted that also says 18...) I'm at level 50 so it's not like I got the slightly easier numbers that sometimes lower level players get... Good luck!

AnniePMH
05-24-16, 12:06 AM

7 Blue dye
210 wood
210 stone
56 Fancy Blocks
56 Fancy Beams
210 Iron
105 Silver
21 Royal Blocks
21 Royal Beams
21 Hearty Stews

Agree. Normally, I would just skip this kind of "visit building x times"-goal, when I prefer not to change buildings. Now I can't, because I need all my resources to nurse my sick alicorns:mad: So I did the math, and ok, I could pull it of, by selling 8 lev 5 theatres, building 8 watchtowers and upgrading them to lev 5. I have all the resources needed, no problem. Then I could set the timer and collect around the clock, even at night. I've done this before, many times:p:rolleyes: I would do this happily, for the fun of the challenge. But this time not going to, because I'm not feeling the fun of it any more. What's more, I feel lack of trust, fearing that if I do this, the goal will be changed afterwards to visit 5 lev 1 watchtowers or something like that. Also, not crazy enough to feel glad about leveling up 8 theatres to 5 again...:eek::(

snowyhillz
05-24-16, 12:11 AM
You have to visit EIGHTEEN taverns? Is that a bug? I only had to make 4 visits so I stopped by my two level 5 taverns twice and was done... Page one says 4 visits listed in the goal (but then I see a comment reposted that also says 18...) I'm at level 50 so it's not like I got the slightly easier numbers that sometimes lower level players get... Good luck!
They are 2 different goals.... The one for 18 visits is one of the side goals

storiadelcastello
05-24-16, 12:39 AM
What does level 6 require. Can't find it on post 2 nor in the pages.
Trying to update some towers but don't want to use precious resources if needed on a required step

SpiritWind00
05-24-16, 12:44 AM
SW, can you please find out why the buildings that have a higher recharge time, such as marketplaces, taverns, watchtowers, are generally only giving 1 crest this time, instead of the multiples they've always given in the past? Is this an error? Or is this the new way they are doing things?

I've asked about this also... ;)

GlvtenFree
05-24-16, 01:17 AM
level 6 requires 40 hide, 3 royal beam, 12 chisel, 12 hammer

storiadelcastello
05-24-16, 02:17 AM
level 6 requires 40 hide, 3 royal beam, 12 chisel, 12 hammer

Thx :) I guess this event is aimed at slashing all our supplies we've hoarded. I feel really bad for lower level players. They have little chance of completing this event. Hopefully they will get the naga beast. Or the 4 th prize which will be very useful to them.

Tamochan
05-24-16, 02:30 AM
I'm more than happy to use my hoard :) NOT happy that as soon as the event asks for monsters to be slain, I cannot attract as much as a skunkupine! Normally I am hip deep in the annoying critters and regularly trap one in a corner to stop myself wasting energy. One thing I ADORE about these events is when I tap several cows/chickens and instead of waiting for the sprite to get its butt across the screen to attend to them, I just tap the event shield at the right to 'check on progress' and when I click back on the game, all items are collected all coins are collected and she is standing in the right place, all in the blink of an eye :)

Sandybellee
05-24-16, 02:31 AM
No way am I upgrading spires to visit them 120 times in 3 days! Beyond unreasonable.

Dtkc1217
05-24-16, 02:39 AM
anyone knows why I can only build one Tavern at Castle Story? I am 50 levels already... One Tavern cannot go 18 times at 3days......

LawyerLynn
05-24-16, 02:51 AM
anyone knows why I can only build one Tavern at Castle Story? I am 50 levels already... One Tavern cannot go 18 times at 3days......

You probably have the maximum number of town buildings. You will have to sell other town buildings before you can add new ones.

SpiritWind00
05-24-16, 03:08 AM
No confirmation as to whether the coliseum will continue to drop parts after the event. If not, then most of us are going to end up with an unfinished building in storage. Again. I abandoned the Cherry Tree early on as I could see it was impossible for me. I suspect this one is only doable if you spend gems on the side goals. Can't afford that. :(
Only a fully built colosseum will drop goodies.... it looks really nice though doesn't it. I've seen some fully built ones in kingdoms already and it's a really good fit.

Sirelie
05-24-16, 05:19 AM
Is necessary fulfill (complete) goal with spires for progress in building colosseum? Or it is only optional goal, auxiliary, not necessary?

Sandybellee
05-24-16, 05:23 AM
Is necessary fulfill (complete) goal with spires for progress in building colosseum? Or it is only optional goal, auxiliary, not necessary?

It's optional. You don't need to do it to complete the event or to finish upgrading the Colosseum. I will be happily ignoring it. :)

Sirelie
05-24-16, 05:27 AM
It's optional. You don't need to do it to complete the event or to finish upgrading the Colosseum. I will be happily ignoring it. :)

Oh, thanks! Colosseum looks really nice and I want it, but 120 visit spires is impossible for me :-)

badbunny42
05-24-16, 07:44 AM
Don't know if it's been posted but doing the side quest of making 18 visits to level 5 taverns netted 6 each of the masonry tools ( chisel and whatever the other one is). That's a nice boost.

azriX2012
05-24-16, 07:47 AM
Royal Naga = 5600 crests

ktorewqas
05-24-16, 08:27 AM
On lvl 4, I got 0 hammer +2 chisels last collection and this time I got 3 each:eek: wow, a super boost, now my colosseum is lvl 5:cool:

garysafb3
05-24-16, 08:32 AM
On lvl 4, I got 0 hammer +2 chisels last collection and this time I got 3 each:eek: wow, a super boost, now my colosseum is lvl 5:cool:

I am only getting 1 hammer and 1 chisel every time from 5 taps of my level 4 colosseum. I hope that changes soon to multiple drops of each.

1whitty
05-24-16, 08:44 AM
I am only getting 1 hammer and 1 chisel every time from 5 taps of my level 4 colosseum. I hope that changes soon to multiple drops of each.

I've never gotten 3 of each. Seems to be random to me.

BahSunFarms
05-24-16, 08:44 AM
I was thinking about trying the watchtower goal but it would really deplete my resources and I don't know what'll be required for level 7-10 colosseum upgrades. I'm done with side goals lol.

1whitty
05-24-16, 08:55 AM
I very seldom get a drop of 2 crests, but they're never counted. That's so frustrating. Please fix.

Destiel0918
05-24-16, 08:58 AM
Reward for visiting tarvens lev 5 - 18 times ( in 3 days) , pay 100 000 coins, have level 5 taverns - was 6 Mason's Hammers and 6 Mason's Chiesels.

Destiel0918
05-24-16, 08:59 AM
Level 6: Upgrade for Colosseum requires: 12 Mason Hammers; 12 Mason Chiesels ; 40 hide and 3 Royal Beams

RevdKathy
05-24-16, 09:42 AM
Only a fully built colosseum will drop goodies.... it looks really nice though doesn't it. I've seen some fully built ones in kingdoms already and it's a really good fit.
Thanks,
I assumed only a level 10 coliseum will drop goodies. I'm on android, so most of them will be no use to me any way. I was wondering more whether a level 7 or 8 coliseum will still drop chisels and hammers so one can complete the building after the event.

1whitty
05-24-16, 09:49 AM
Thanks,
I assumed only a level 10 coliseum will drop goodies. I'm on android, so most of them will be no use to me any way. I was wondering more whether a level 7 or 8 coliseum will still drop chisels and hammers so one can complete the building after the event.

I just collected from my level 7 coliseum. I got 1 hammer & 3 chisels. Not great at all.

ktorewqas
05-24-16, 10:01 AM
Thanks,
I assumed only a level 10 coliseum will drop goodies. I'm on android, so most of them will be no use to me any way. I was wondering more whether a level 7 or 8 coliseum will still drop chisels and hammers so one can complete the building after the event.no, after the event, the colosseum will not give the chisel and hammer any more like before.

aiyoosha
05-24-16, 10:16 AM
forget this event, i rather focus on my story line quests which have better prizes and cheaper too.

i regret buying that stupid colliseum everytime i upgrade it it looks exactly the same no change at all. sheeeesh what kind of building looks exactly the same each time you add more stuff to it. im spending so much time upgrading only for it to look exactly the same

ClaireEdwolf
05-24-16, 10:44 AM
I very seldom get a drop of 2 crests, but they're never counted. That's so frustrating. Please fix.

Me too. It only counted for me once. Please fix this ASAP.

ktorewqas
05-24-16, 11:08 AM
I just collected from my level 7 coliseum. I got 1 hammer & 3 chisels. Not great at all.I hope lvl 8 or 9 will drop more than that:(

rulerofjennyville
05-24-16, 11:10 AM
forget this event, i rather focus on my story line quests which have better prizes and cheaper too.

i regret buying that stupid colliseum everytime i upgrade it it looks exactly the same no change at all. sheeeesh what kind of building looks exactly the same each time you add more stuff to it. im spending so much time upgrading only for it to look exactly the same

The racetrack from the one quest only gives me one sugar occasionally or a carrot. I'm thinking of putting it in storage.

Has anyone unlocked any of the prizes beyond the dinosaur footprint path?

meme1098
05-24-16, 11:12 AM
The racetrack from the one quest only gives me one sugar occasionally or a carrot. I'm thinking of putting it in storage.

Has anyone unlocked any of the prizes beyond the dinosaur footprint path?

2nd prize is called Ruler's Armaments and is purely deco. Not sure about the next one after that, though I'll bet it's also deco.

rulerofjennyville
05-24-16, 11:13 AM

I've never gotten more than 1 crest at a time no matter what I tap on.

Sandybellee
05-24-16, 11:14 AM
2nd prize is called Ruler's Armaments and is purely deco. Not sure about the next one after that, though I'll bet it's also deco.

Yes, it's called Griffin's Nest. Just deco.

rulerofjennyville
05-24-16, 11:16 AM
Have we unlocked any of the community prizes? This is such a slow slog for as little as we're getting I'm wondering if it's worth trying to complete.

Sandybellee
05-24-16, 11:20 AM
Have we unlocked any of the community prizes? This is such a slow slog for as little as we're getting I'm wondering if it's worth trying to complete.

No. We have 46% for the first community prize.

Radegast1
05-24-16, 11:20 AM

Not yet but as the quest progresses the drop increase geometrically and will begin to jump quickly

Also I would guess S8 has some control and it is in its interest for quest to be successful

bald1e
05-24-16, 11:22 AM
I seem to be only getting 1 crest as well on everything i've tapped on.

rulerofjennyville
05-24-16, 11:26 AM
It looks to me like the first prize is a wall and the second is a gate - neither of which I need, I got a bunch of archways off a previous challenge.

Sandybellee
05-24-16, 11:30 AM
It looks to me like the first prize is a wall and the second is a gate - neither of which I need, I got a bunch of archways off a previous challenge.

Yes, and the last one looks like a tower.

fluffybutter007
05-24-16, 11:36 AM
It's pretty difficult to get the crests for this event and the side quests are crazy hard (even for my level 50 castle). I'm hoping they will have more goals halfway through to earn more crests, like they've done in past events.

ladyperidot
05-24-16, 11:36 AM
I seem to be only getting 1 crest as well on everything i've tapped on.

Nope, you have company. It doesn't matter if I tap farmhouses, taverns or. Marketplace - only one crest each.

aiyoosha
05-24-16, 11:55 AM
Nope, you have company. It doesn't matter if I tap farmhouses, taverns or. Marketplace - only one crest each.

me 3 only ever 1 each and we need like 600+ of them

rulerofjennyville
05-24-16, 11:58 AM
I only get one crest per building no matter what I tap as well.

1whitty
05-24-16, 12:00 PM
I finished the tavern visits, but I won't be able to finish 120 tower visits. All I'm doing is collecting items to upgrade coliseum and collecting crests. I hope we get another doable side challenge. I'm kind of bored.

zyfazix
05-24-16, 12:00 PM
Worked my average crests per day up to 32. At this rate being eligible for the community prizes will be no problem but there will be no way for me to get that 4th or 5th individual prize.

badbunny42
05-24-16, 12:39 PM
Does the tower side quest start after your colliseum reaches level 5 or 6? I need to time that perfectly for any hope of success.

Thanks!

I'm not really bothered by decreasing stocks very much. It's nice seeing something other than "you can't hold more..."

flowerqueen007
05-24-16, 12:43 PM
Does the tower side quest start after your colliseum reaches level 5 or 6? I need to time that perfectly for any hope of success.

Thanks!

I'm not really bothered by decreasing stocks very much. It's nice seeing something other than "you can't hold more..."

Yes its great, When I tap something I actually get something, I only have five rocks in my inventory, I cant remember the last time I was able to collect rock from a mine, usually i just get coins, its like beginning again.

Jinc4
05-24-16, 01:42 PM
Yes its great, When I tap something I actually get something, I only have five rocks in my inventory, I cant remember the last time I was able to collect rock from a mine, usually i just get coins, its like beginning again.

Me too - I haven't had so little stock in months....

ktorewqas
05-24-16, 01:42 PM
Ok, I got 1-1 tools from lvl 5 colosseum :eek: what's going on? I got 3-3 once from lvl 4 lol crazy

Jinc4
05-24-16, 01:46 PM
Ok, I got 1-1 tools from lvl 5 colosseum :eek: what's going on? I got 3-3 once from lvl 4 lol crazy

Random drops: mostly 1-1, rarely 3-1 or 1-3 and very rare 3-3. Guessing all the levels are going to be like this.

SpiritWind00
05-24-16, 02:09 PM
morning all... Update on drops from: Lantern Spires, Watchtowers, Farmhouses, Market Places & Taverns

It has been confirmed that the drop rate for each of these is 1 with a small chance of 2. There was additional testing of the counter when 2 crests drops and it was working correctly. I've been painstakingly watching and counting and it looks ok to me, but you just can't go by the outside counter.

Have added more info to page 1 too. Have a happy day :)

totalwasteoftime
05-24-16, 02:17 PM

Edit: now I'm on the 18 taverns goal... all for one crest? I think I'll not bother with this one!

flowerqueen007
05-24-16, 02:21 PM
If you look closely it isnt a crest but a seal, i think it represents six hamers and six chisels, which when you think about thr drops from the colesium is worthwhile, can someone else confirm this?

morsith
05-24-16, 02:22 PM
Edit: now I'm on the 18 taverns goal... all for one crest? I think I'll not bother with this one!

The reward isn't crests, it's actually mason hammers and chisels, it just shows one crest on the info card

Radegast1
05-24-16, 02:22 PM

Believe it actually awards a couple of chisels and hammers

honerkowski
05-24-16, 02:24 PM
Does the tower side quest start after your colliseum reaches level 5 or 6? I need to time that perfectly for any hope of success."

In my case, the "Tower Quest" was not started, when the Colosseum was levelled up to Level 5 - but I am still working on the Tavern visits...

ashley224
05-24-16, 03:01 PM
If you look closely it isnt a crest but a seal, i think it represents six hamers and six chisels, which when you think about thr drops from the colesium is worthwhile, can someone else confirm this?

Confirmed, I just got six hammers and six chisels for completing the tavern side goal

sophiensissi
05-24-16, 04:39 PM
How many crests required for the end goal prize? 1600 for the 3rd prize seems excessive! I play Dragon Story a bit and the last community event changed. Required a huge amount to reach the individual goal. Made it so that it was pretty much impossible to attain without spending gems. Meaning I didn't get it! And with continued diligent game play I was always able to reach the end goal. Seems like the same tactic for this community event. Surely hope not.

3,200 for the 4th goal, but I don't know how many for the naga guy.

sophiensissi
05-24-16, 04:43 PM

I have gotten the first 3 items and they are all just decoration. As if I have room for decoration items! 😂

ktorewqas
05-24-16, 05:53 PM
Random drops: mostly 1-1, rarely 3-1 or 1-3 and very rare 3-3. Guessing all the levels are going to be like this.thanks! If it's 1-1 mostly after lvl 6, then I am doomed :(

riverly
05-24-16, 06:21 PM
Try not to complete the goal, not sure which one, that causes the Watchtower side goal to appear unless all your towers are ready for collection.
This will give you a quick bunch of towers while not using much timethis really is a good tip. Now we need to actually confirm when that goal opens.

sweerfarmer
05-24-16, 06:39 PM
this really is a good tip. Now we need to actually confirm when that goal opens.
I just levelled up to level 5 and the watch tower goal have not showed up, so my guess is it would come after levelling up to level 6

Edited, just read few pages back n found that it will show up after level 6

riverly
05-24-16, 06:56 PM
So a player should not hit the build button to level six until their towers/spires are ready to collect from. Correct???

sophiensissi
05-24-16, 07:50 PM
In my case, the "Tower Quest" was not started, when the Colosseum was levelled up to Level 5 - but I am still working on the Tavern visits...

I don't have time to read all the prior posts and don't see it in spirit wind's first page post (sorry if I missed it), but do watch towers and spire towers both count for the watch tower collect 150 times goal? I'm almost there so just wondering. Thank you!

EvieandIzzie
05-24-16, 08:00 PM
I don't have time to read all the prior posts and don't see it in spirit wind's first page post (sorry if I missed it), but do watch towers and spire towers both count for the watch tower collect 150 times goal? I'm almost there so just wondering. Thank you!
Yes they do.

sophiensissi
05-24-16, 08:17 PM
Yes they do.

Thank you!

ekat1985
05-24-16, 09:48 PM
Thanks for the info on 120 watchtowers. That seems more doable so I'll start building more now before I reach that goal. Do they have to be level 5 as well?

sorry, i wrote that wrong ... apparently they do have to be level 5 ... im an idiot, i built 20 level 1 towers and didnt realize this until just now. i only have 15 hours left and only 5 level 5 towers so i probably wont make it to the end of this one :(

biartiemgi
05-24-16, 10:28 PM
Allmost there, the 120 watchtowersgoal. I have 10 watchtowers ready, upgrade to level6, collect the 10 watchtowers. Rest 110 watchtowers in three days, thats 3-4 collections a day. (7-11-15-19 ). I think its DOABLE !

I am a level 50 player and have now 4 taverns, 5 farmhouses, 10 warchtowers, a level 5 colloseum and the counter is now standing at 897 crest.... I have no unfinished buildings and hoping to get this one also.... I always use the forum information whitch helps me a lot to get stuff ready in advance. But this time it will be hard to finish all in time.

And if i can collect 5-6 times a day (7-10-13-16-19-22) from the colloseum and get 1 hamer and other thing, for 20 days, i will have enough to upgrade to level 10.... But that means a lot online time, I'm addicted to this game but this is madness !

I also have a life, three beautifull children, a husband and a dog who need attention every day :-)

SpiritWind00
05-24-16, 11:06 PM
Hi all, reading through today's posts, the info is there already. The colosseum and related info is in post 1 and the goals are in post 2. I'll keep working on moving info into the right spot, but it's all pretty much there which is good. Thank you to all who have posted steps. We all really appreciate you :)

I'll add dialogue as I move through those goals. Plus I'm taking pictures of everything too in case I need to update the main goal guide at the conclusion of the event.

EBJW
05-24-16, 11:13 PM
I nearly fell off my chair when I read on the first page there's a goal when we have to visit level 5 watchtowers/spines for ....120 times in 3 days...?!
Yeah, right.... I think it's time to get my life back. I thought the 18x tavern in 3 days was silly, and not doable for lots, but this.... Oh yeah, I know, it's optional. But I would appreciate goals that are fun and doable for most without stressing out completely...

I already started this event with much less fun than ususal because of certain developments lately, but now I'm getting more and more numb every day....

It would be nice if some developers would acually play these games for themselves to see if what they offer us is doable, fun, fair, etc.

ShibuyaCloth
05-24-16, 11:17 PM

Made the math, you need 7 level 5 towers and diligently harvest them each 4 hours to make it in time. Now even for a u-goal setter this is "miracle" level. If you can harvest 4 times a day you need 10 towers.. With the cap on royal buildings I cannot have 10 towers.

SpiritWind00
05-24-16, 11:20 PM
The cap is a hindrance isn't it... I think I am opting out of this too, but for anyone who does, can I beg a favour and ask you to take screen shots of the congratulations screen for me?

Pleeeeeaaasssseeeee !!!

anissada
05-25-16, 12:20 AM
I read it's a naga pet with a 22 hour timer and drops energy and all the naga drops even the coral

is it advertised to be dropping unlimited energy?
btw is the color of this statue turning into purple to replace the unicorn?

moonchild1987
05-25-16, 12:25 AM
The cap is a hindrance isn't it... I think I am opting out of this too, but for anyone who does, can I beg a favour and ask you to capture the dialogue and take screen shots for me?

Pleeeeeaaasssseeeee !!!

I've actually been trying to build extra buildings between events, so I've been up and down the building guide in the hub the last few weeks but I'm still confused about the royal building count. The resource building post also says something about counting towards royal limit. Does all resource buildings count? Only certain ones? Did I miss something? Sorry, I know this is off topic but I'm a little lost. Thanks

SpiritWind00
05-25-16, 12:52 AM
is it advertised to be dropping unlimited energy?
btw is the color of this statue turning into purple to replace the unicorn?

Other posters have said it's a random drop of either [known list]. That means you won't get it every collection. I've seen the Naga in other kingdoms and it's the same colour as it was during the Fire & Ice event.

SpiritWind00
05-25-16, 12:56 AM
I've actually been trying to build extra buildings between events, so I've been up and down the building guide in the hub the last few weeks but I'm still confused about the royal building count. The resource building post also says something about counting towards royal limit. Does all resource buildings count? Only certain ones? Did I miss something? Sorry, I know this is off topic but I'm a little lost. Thanks

No, resource buildings/items don't count toward the number of Royal Buildings or Town Buildings cap. So for Royal buildings (all those shown in the market under that tab) the cap is 43. Any combination and what's in storage counts towards that number. Town ones are capped at 40, again, any combination and ones in storage count.

oops! I've just seen what you mean about the text under Resource building. I'll just remove that! That's me having a copy/paste malfunction :)

Edit to add: I've had another rearrange of posts 1 and 2. There is only a little bit of missing info and I've put some question marks on things that I couldn't easily lay my hands on. Let me know if anything else is missing etc. thanks all.

DrP4ever
05-25-16, 01:02 AM
120 collections at level 5, one zillion collections to upgrade etc just isn't fun. This is the first and last Storm 8 game I play. I've dropped all the others for similar reasons. This one sadly is ready to go to, just isn't fun anymore sadly.

Wonkaland99
05-25-16, 02:25 AM
I am using every scrap of energy on chopping wood to make beams to make fancy beams to make royal beams to upgrade enough lantern towers to visit 120 times.
Oh ****, now I've got to spend all my energy on chopping iron rich rock piles to get iron to transmute into silver to use 15 for each tower and 3 for each royal beam, because my 4 mines are dropping hardly any silver, but jewels, mithril and even golden nuggets.

I have 2 towers at level 5, 3 at level 4 and 5 at level 1.

So I will keep chop chop chopping away for 5 days to get my 10 level 5 towers and then level up the colosseum to level 6 and then visit the towers 4 times a day for the next 3 days.

Then I will put away the towers and build more farmhouses, which will need more wood, which I may or may not have been able to save in between visiting the towers. Then I will visit the farmhouses day and night to get enough Royal Crests, because I am so far behind on upgrading the colosseum.

I AM going to do this, and I AM enjoying myself.

I AM I AM I **** WELL AM

newzealander
05-25-16, 02:33 AM
I'm finding this event boring. All I do is collect from farmhouses. It's ridiculous to have such a huge long event focused on one collection type. 25 days of all my energy on farmhouses isn't my idea of fun.

Moulin1
05-25-16, 02:40 AM
I am using every scrap of energy on chopping wood to make beams to make fancy beams to make royal beams to upgrade enough lantern towers to visit 120 times.
Oh ****, now I've got to spend all my energy on chopping iron rich rock piles to get iron to transmute into silver to use 15 for each tower and 3 for each royal beam, because my 4 mines are dropping hardly any silver, but jewels, mithril and even golden nuggets.

I have 2 towers at level 5, 3 at level 4 and 5 at level 1.

So I will keep chop chop chopping away for 5 days to get my 10 level 5 towers and then level up the colosseum to level 6 and then visit the towers 4 times a day for the next 3 days.

Then I will put away the towers and build more farmhouses, which will need more wood, which I may or may not have been able to save in between visiting the towers. Then I will visit the farmhouses day and night to get enough Royal Crests, because I am so far behind on upgrading the colosseum.

I AM going to do this, and I AM enjoying myself.

I AM I AM I **** WELL AM

You're going to enjoy it a whole lot more when you realise you're going to need another 13 royal beams to upgrade from L6 to L10.
YOU ARE GOING TO ENJOY It. YES YOU **** WELL ARE!!!!!

Don't take it too hard

VersaceMorrow
05-25-16, 03:32 AM
I can't believe that people who want to make the side goals have to sell royal buildings at such a major loss! I don't think that 120-visit goal was thought through at all.....what were you thinking S8?

Wonkaland99
05-25-16, 03:35 AM
You're going to enjoy it a whole lot more when you realise you're going to need another 13 royal beams to upgrade from L6 to L10.
YOU ARE GOING TO ENJOY It. YES YOU **** WELL ARE!!!!!

Don't take it too hard

Aaaaaaaaarrrrrgh!!!

iamvan2
05-25-16, 04:23 AM
I just did the math and to go from level 6 to level 10 is 120 chisels and 120 hammers. Not to mention the totally unreasonable 120 Level 5 Tower/Lantern side goal. I wouldn't have a problem with have say 3 or 5 Level 5 towers/spires and make 120 visits but visits to other level towers/spires count. I have NEVER not finished a quest/event

Moulin1
05-25-16, 04:23 AM
Aaaaaaaaarrrrrgh!!!

To get L6 to L10 you will need
132 masons hammers
132 masons chisels
40 hide
30 fur
7 royal blocks
13 royal beams
6 builders paste

When you've used 120 energy visiting watchtowers/lantern spires, you get 9 hammers and 9 chisels.
L5 coliseum gives 1-3 hammers and chisels so may only take 6 energies, tapping every 3 hours could take 1-2 days
Watchtowers 120 energies over 3 days
Is it worth beating yourself up over watchtowers?
Just a thought

You only get drops (apart from coins) from a L10

Wonkaland99
05-25-16, 05:06 AM
Definitely not worth it, but one could say that about a lot of things. And it will be very satisfying if I manage it.

Moulin1
05-25-16, 05:47 AM
Definitely not worth it, but one could say that about a lot of things. And it will be very satisfying if I manage it.

I wish you luck and not too many sleepless nights. Post when you achieve, love to know how you do especially as I'm rooting for you. ��

hagypagy
05-25-16, 06:09 AM
yeah I've decided to opt out too ... a completely unrealistic challenge for ALL players

i have the resources and ability to craft 10 (or the minimum necessary 7) lvl5 watchtowers but no quest should require that.
I have 4 lvl5 watchtowers in my kingdom permanently and that's all i want. i'm not ruling a surveillance state here

hopefully i can get the colosseum up to lvl10 quickly enough without the extra chisels and hammers so I can get the Naga in time

really love the griffin nest deco!! (a drop of griffin feathers would have been cool - for potions, trades etc... - but anyways)
and this coming from someone who hates deco prizes

also what's the go with the selection of community prizes - a wall set! :( so disappointing

Rockylandia
05-25-16, 06:22 AM
In my case it's a little misleading to say that the Colosseum drops multiples of chisels/hammers. In upgrading to Level 6, I once received 3 hammers and never more than one chisel. Following this pattern, I probably will have to tap the Colosseum the full 132 times to reach Level 10. Man, that's really ... boring.

Korlcek
05-25-16, 06:26 AM
Colosseum Lv. 10 drops one of Bone, Fur, Rat Tail, Troll Essence or Troll Club(rare).

Wonkaland99
05-25-16, 06:41 AM
I wish you luck and not too many sleepless nights. Post when you achieve, love to know how you do especially as I'm rooting for you. ��

That's nice. Thank you.

badbunny42
05-25-16, 07:23 AM
Went ahead and built 9 towers/spires and leveled them up. Think I can do it.

Once these three days are behind working this challenge won't be as intense.

I am dismayed that my chisels and hammers are waaaaaay out of kilter now. It's a 1:4 ratio right now, and that's really off. And worrisome. But I think the long time line will make it work out.

azriX2012
05-25-16, 07:36 AM
My lvl5 colosseum just dropped 3 hammers and 3 chisels.

amerirish
05-25-16, 07:45 AM
This might be the end of CS for me; 120 visits to my 5 spires/towers would take a whole lot longer than 3 days....if it were 120 hits on the farmhouses, I'd be all up for the challenge. I don't mind repetitive or even tedious tasks as long as they are possible to achieve.

Seems like goals/events in CS are few and far between but when they do show up lately, they're quite unsatisfying or impossible to achieve. So disappointing :(

1whitty
05-25-16, 07:46 AM
My lvl5 colosseum just dropped 3 hammers and 3 chisels.

That's a great drop! My lvl 7 just dropped 1 hammer & 1 chisel. I don't think I've ever had 3 of each drop

azriX2012
05-25-16, 07:48 AM
That's a great drop! My lvl 7 just dropped 1 hammer & 1 chisel. I don't think I've ever had 3 of each drop

I was actually quite surprised! I've had 1-2, 1-3 but never 3-3.

QueenCarolyn
05-25-16, 08:14 AM
I am dismayed that my chisels and hammers are waaaaaay out of kilter now. It's a 1:4 ratio right now, and that's really off. And worrisome. But I think the long time line will make it work out.

This is where we should be able to use the transformation potion. It would make the random drops more fair if you could change hammers to chisels.

ktorewqas
05-25-16, 08:57 AM
Went ahead and built 9 towers/spires and leveled them up. Think I can do it.

Once these three days are behind working this challenge won't be as intense.

I am dismayed that my chisels and hammers are waaaaaay out of kilter now. It's a 1:4 ratio right now, and that's really off. And worrisome. But I think the long time line will make it work out.which lvl is your colosseum ?

AinoDK
05-25-16, 09:42 AM
I'm actually not too worried about crests. I'm at ~1000 now, which means I'm almost on track with 225 per day, and drops will be incrasing.

But my collosseum is only level halfway to level 6, meaning I have about 125 of each mason tool to go. If getting more than one each per collection is that unreliable, I may be looking at 120 collections in 20 days (assuming an even distribution), ie 6 per day. Which I can't do, not being a full time castle ruler.

I had planned doing the side goals, and made the tavern one. I thought it would be tough collecting from 10 towers/spires 4 times per day, but worth the try. But learning they all needed to be level 5 I'm out. One thing is selling 4 buildings and then buying/building an extra 4, another to level up 6 of them from 1 to 5. Especially since I couldn't be sure I could make it, having weekend plans.

This is getting a little too hard, and with other game discouragements I may be able to finally get on top of my CS addiction

1whitty
05-25-16, 09:47 AM
Two collections from the colesium today & I got 1 hammer & 1 chisel from each collection. That's tough especially as it's out of my control. All I can do is collect every 3 hrs & hope.

fluffybutter007
05-25-16, 10:19 AM
Two collections from the colesium today & I got 1 hammer & 1 chisel from each collection. That's tough especially as it's out of my control. All I can do is collect every 3 hrs & hope.

Sometimes I put my game on airplane mode and force close when I don't get what I want. When I take it off airplane mode and reload the game, I get a second chance to collect from my colosseum. If you're fast enough, the previous collection won't count because the game hasn't had a chance to sync with the server.

badbunny42
05-25-16, 10:20 AM
which lvl is your colosseum ?

Just reached level 6. I made a point of achieving that first thing in the AM so all towers/spires would be ready for collection immediately. Feeling good about it. Of course I will hit those towers once in the night. But I usually get up once in the night anyway. Heh heh.

Just got the Griffith nest. Like the last two prizes, not even putting it out temporarily. Don't really care about the walls, towers, etc. either. I just like a challenge.

What are resources for if not to use? What's a challenge for if not to beat it? Of course, to each their own. That's just how I play.

EsmeW2
05-25-16, 10:31 AM
I'm actually not too worried about crests. I'm at ~1000 now, which means I'm almost on track with 225 per day, and drops will be incrasing.

But my collosseum is only level halfway to level 6, meaning I have about 125 of each mason tool to go. If getting more than one each per collection is that unreliable, I may be looking at 120 collections in 20 days (assuming an even distribution), ie 6 per day. Which I can't do, not being a full time castle ruler.

I had planned doing the side goals, and made the tavern one. I thought it would be tough collecting from 10 towers/spires 4 times per day, but worth the try. But learning they all needed to be level 5 I'm out. One thing is selling 4 buildings and then buying/building an extra 4, another to level up 6 of them from 1 to 5. Especially since I couldn't be sure I could make it, having weekend plans.

This is getting a little too hard, and with other game discouragements I may be able to finally get on top of my CS addiction

That's a depressing analysis. I'm in a similar place to you with my main game and wonder if I'm going to make it this time. I'm doing the 18 taverns collection challenge but I'm just not interesting in stressing myself out to do the upgrades for the towers/spires one. And there's no way I can manage 6 collections a day either. And I'm going to be away next week so I'm pretty sure that 225 a day is going to be impossible. Might try to get a bit ahead on this one now. Overall it's not looking good but I won't give up quite yet. On my other game I don't think there's much hope - too hard for lower levels - even getting the bones was difficult. I like the look of the half-built colosseum though - which is lucky!

glo1098
05-25-16, 11:01 AM
I guess I'll never finish this goal....how can a player visit 120 level 5 towers/spires in just 3 days. That is completely ridiculous & impossible. Visiting 120 any level towers & spires would make much better sense!

And please tell me how anyone at level 17 can even come close on this one?? It's too much for almost all my level 50 neighbors. Who ever designed this one obviously doesn't play.

Thanks but no thanks!

RevdKathy
05-25-16, 11:05 AM
I'd quite like a naga as I'm working on a collection of mystical, magical critters. Wouldn't be any use as I missed the last quest, which was ipad only, so have no idea what the drops do. But it would be nice to have. I'm working on the crests.

I'm less committed to the coliseum. I simply don't have the time, energy or resources to do the side goals, so if they're essential I won't get there. I have a lot of half finished goal buildings in store, and if I realise the coliseum will be joining them then I'll stop trying there. I do think if there are items which can only come from a goal building, they should continue after the timer so people can at least finish the building even if they don't gain the prizes. Especially since these days buildings look incomplete until they're at maximum level.

aiyoosha
05-25-16, 11:06 AM

ive only ever got 1 and 1 never more. some people are just lucky i guess.

and wth this dumb colliseum goes to level 10? ugh so dumb to make us keep building it so endlessly and with so little stuff they give us to do it. this is the worst build thingy ever

aiyoosha
05-25-16, 11:08 AM
I'd quite like a naga as I'm working on a collection of mystical, magical critters. Wouldn't be any use as I missed the last quest, which was ipad only, so have no idea what the drops do. But it would be nice to have. I'm working on the crests.

I'm less committed to the coliseum. I simply don't have the time, energy or resources to do the side goals, so if they're essential I won't get there. I have a lot of half finished goal buildings in store, and if I realise the coliseum will be joining them then I'll stop trying there. I do think if there are items which can only come from a goal building, they should continue after the timer so people can at least finish the building even if they don't gain the prizes. Especially since these days buildings look incomplete until they're at maximum level.
ya i know i wish they would do that but they want us to gems or else have an ugly half built ugly building :rolleyes:

05-25-16, 11:09 AM
PLEASE! What will Naga altar drops After the event!?!?!?
500 gems is very high price! Should i buy it?!
If it becomes a deco, I won't bother.
Please S8, Let us know, if it's worth the price! Ty

fluffybutter007
05-25-16, 11:12 AM
PLEASE! What will Naga altar drops After the event!?!?!?
500 gems is very high price! Should i buy it?!
If it becomes a deco, I won't bother.
Please S8, Let us know, if it's worth the price! Ty

The Naga Altar will be a deco only after the event ends according to the OP.

figththefire
05-25-16, 11:19 AM
The Naga Altar will be a deco only after the event ends according to the OP.

Wow that's insane.. 500 precious gems for just a deco? Now I understand why i can hardly see it in other kingdoms

riverly
05-25-16, 12:31 PM

I'm less committed to the coliseum. I simply don't have the time, energy or resources to do the side goals, so if they're essential I won't get there. I have a lot of half finished goal buildings in store, and if I realise the coliseum will be joining them then I'll stop trying there. I do think if there are items which can only come from a goal building, they should continue after the timer so people can at least finish the building even if they don't gain the prizes. Especially since these days buildings look incomplete until they're at maximum level.different ways of playing the game for sure. As for me I'm concentrating more on leveling collesum instead of collecting crests. I have plenty of Naga stuff and I'm hoping we won't need any more. I have kinda stopped collecting crests when I got to 700. But I can see how some players would like to have that Naga beast in their kingdom. It's a mythical element to a kingdom. Come to think about I might change my mind about.

Jennerwein1
05-25-16, 12:47 PM
Not sure where to post this: I just got a goal to hatch a dragon stone, fire or ice. :) :) :)
At 1818 crests and lvl 5 coliseum.
Ignoring the impossible side goals. Just can't do them. Not enough room for more buildings.

fluffybutter007
05-25-16, 12:50 PM
Not sure where to post this: I just got a goal to hatch a dragon stone, fire or ice. :) :) :)
At 1818 crests and lvl 5 coliseum.
Ignoring the impossible side goals. Just can't do them. Not enough room for more buildings.

That's from the last timed event. There was an issue with some people completing the event, but not getting the prize. It should be resolved now.

http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?91362-Castle-Story-5-06-Update-Fire-And-Ice-(iOS-Only-TIMED-OPTIONAL)

karlovivari
05-25-16, 01:14 PM
As for the side goals , completing 120 spires and 18 taverns
It would be easier to complete - IF S8 would REMOVE the building limit or Increase it!! and also give us more space to place them!
I HATE the idea that i HAVE TO sell other buildings to build different buildings?! Thats ridiculous!
What about all the resources spent to build ea building - down the drain?
All the buildings i build are level 5, and it kinda hurts to sell them to be able to complete the goal.
Im not doing the side goals, bc i refuse to sell my fully upgraded buildings. (thats too much of wasting of the resources, materials, coins and time) Do something with this absurd limit on royal regular constructions!

Inevera
05-25-16, 01:39 PM
I know this event is tedious & the side tasks seem totally undo-able but for those who are in dire need of some inspiration... the rewards for completing the side tasks will get you that much closer to 'winning' the final Naga prize & upgrading the colesseum to lvl 10. The crest rewards for the 18 tavern challenge means I'm now at 1020 crests with 20days still on my timer. And not a single gem purchase or speed-up! (S8 won't be getting another penny outta me 😕)

I managed to upgrade 12 towers/spires to lvl 5 which was a complete pain & has utterly depleted my resource hoard - but means the 120 visits in 3 days is now well within reach (10% of the goal every 4hrs) without having to sacrifice my real life commitments! All my energy was spent on collecting wood, iron & silver for the extra towers & upgrading the colesseum (great advice to not upgrade the colesseum to lvl 6 until you've got as many lvl5 towers /spires as you can manage before triggering that side task).

It's definitely a boring strategy. And it's frustrating that all my other resources & buildings are being ignored (because I can't spare the energy) - but it is do-able (at least for lvl 50 hoarders!).

And my inner hoarder REALLY wants that pet Naga!

I know there's a lot of frustration out there atm - but if you can keep your cash AND win the prize...well, why not? 😜

Jinc4
05-25-16, 01:44 PM
How many crests does the L7, L8, L9 and L10 colosseum drop?

I can't find it in this thread and it would be helpful for my planning ie is this achievable for me or not. Sorry if its obvious and I've missed it.

I'm counting on the higher levels giving a large no. of crests!

awesomejujubeans
05-25-16, 01:48 PM
I don't have time to read all of the replies, so I'll ask anyway if this is a repeat. If you do not complete a side goal does that mean you automatically will not be able to do any more of them? I am on the Tavern side goal with 2 days left, and only one visit to my (one) level 5 tavern. Will the next side goal pop up if I don't complete this one or no?

fluffybutter007
05-25-16, 01:50 PM
How many crests does the L7, L8, L9 and L10 colosseum drop?

I can't find it in this thread and it would be helpful for my planning ie is this achievable for me or not. Sorry if its obvious and I've missed it.

I'm counting on the higher levels giving a large no. of crests!

According to the OP, a lv 7 drops 32 crests. No mention of the other levels though and I don't remember reading about the drops for the higher levels on this thread yet. [Edit- skimmed through the thread and found some information, hope it helps!).

Edit: LV 8 colosseum drops 41 crests

2nd Edit: LV 10 colosseum drops 68 crests
Also not listed in the OP, LV 6 colosseum drops 17 crests

Last Edit: Somebody posted that a LV 9 will drop 58 crests, but that seems slightly high for the pattern it follows. So I'm not too sure if this is indeed correct.

fluffybutter007
05-25-16, 01:51 PM
I don't have time to read all of the replies, so I'll ask anyway if this is a repeat. If you do not complete a side goal does that mean you automatically will not be able to do any more of them? I am on the Tavern side goal with 2 days left, and only one visit to my (one) level 5 tavern. Will the next side goal pop up if I don't complete this one or no?

Yes, you'll get the other side goal when you level up the colosseum to the correct level (not sure what level triggers the last side quest) whether or not you complete the previous side quest.

honerkowski
05-25-16, 02:03 PM
Yes, you'll get the other side goal when you level up the colosseum to the correct level (not sure what level triggers the last side quest) whether or not you complete the previous side quest.

In my case, the side Goal regarding the towers was triggered when The Colosseum was upgraded to Level 6.
Until now, I haven't finished the Tavern Goal yet - so the side Goals should be Independent.

Jinc4
05-25-16, 02:37 PM
According to the OP, a lv 7 drops 32 crests. No mention of the other levels though and I don't remember reading about the drops for the higher levels on this thread yet. [Edit- skimmed through the thread and found some information, hope it helps!).

Edit: LV 8 colosseum drops 41 crests

2nd Edit: LV 10 colosseum drops 68 crests
Also not listed in the OP, LV 6 colosseum drops 17 crests

Last Edit: Somebody posted that a LV 9 will drop 58 crests, but that seems slightly high for the pattern it follows. So I'm not too sure if this is indeed correct.

Thank you. Then i need to get to L10 quickly to have a chance of completing this! Should be possible with 3 weeks to go......

tuffyjkitten
05-25-16, 02:41 PM
As for the side goals , completing 120 spires and 18 taverns
It would be easier to complete - IF S8 would REMOVE the building limit or Increase it!! and also give us more space to place them!
I HATE the idea that i HAVE TO sell other buildings to build different buildings?! Thats ridiculous!
What about all the resources spent to build ea building - down the drain?
All the buildings i build are level 5, and it kinda hurts to sell them to be able to complete the goal.
Im not doing the side goals, bc i refuse to sell my fully upgraded buildings. (thats too much of wasting of the resources, materials, coins and time) Do something with this absurd limit on royal regular constructions!

Then don't complete the side goals. Easy! They are ridiculous and the rewards aren't worth it. They never are.

I have 1 marketplace, 1 watchtower, and 1 tavern out. Not letting S8 tell me what buildings to have out in my kingdom.

macdonald
05-25-16, 02:42 PM
Thank you. Then i need to get to L10 quickly to have a chance of completing this! Should be possible with 3 weeks to go......

Yes plenty of time

sweerfarmer
05-25-16, 02:51 PM
I don't want to offend anyone but seriously why u all who don't want to complete watch tower goal or any side goal or selling or not selling of royal buildings and using all the stored stuff which will be hoarded again in a week , are bashing those who are happily playing game and completing goals. I am very happy with all the goals and especially it is letting me to use all my stored stuff.

VersaceMorrow
05-25-16, 03:00 PM
I don't want to offend anyone but seriously why u all who don't want to complete watch tower goal or any side goal or selling or not selling of royal buildings and using all the stored stuff which will be hoarded again in a week , are bashing those who are happily playing game and completing goals. I am very happy with all the goals and especially it is letting me to use all my stored stuff.

"Happily" selling buildings that you spent a considerable amount of resources upgrading? Ok, it is great that you are happy to do so, but others should be aware of how outrageous these quests are. The goals are are excessive, the costs are exorbitant and the timing is suspect. JMO that not everyone has to agree with.

snowyhillz
05-25-16, 03:09 PM
"Happily" selling buildings that you spent a considerable amount of resources upgrading? Ok, it is great that you are happy to do so, but others should be aware of how outrageous these quests are. The goals are are excessive, the costs are exorbitant and the timing is suspect. JMO that not everyone has to agree with.
It is up to everyone to decide what goals they go for or not ......I am not buying and upgrading spires and towers ... I do have 2 level 5 taverns and may or may not complete that goal, they are side goals and I'm not too concerned about finishing them. What I am concentrating on is getting the colosseum to level 10 and collecting from cottages, markets, etc when I have time/energy.

I play this game and enjoy it, and generally enjoy the forum to get tips on gameplay.... If I didn't enjoy it I would find another game to play.