PDA

View Full Version : Can I move my game to a new Facebook account?

kimmysue123
05-14-16, 12:46 PM
Is it possible to move my current Bakery Story game to a different Facebook account without losing any levels/money etc?

If so, someone please link me to the instructions.

Thank so much.

VanaCatu
05-14-16, 01:14 PM
yes, it is possible.
your game is anyhow linked to s8 server (even despite we do not yet have a community feature in bs2 - if you have other s8 games and s8 id, the bs2 game is connected to it).

i'm not sure how it works on apple devices, but to connect my game to another fb account on android, i'm doing the following:
- log out from fb in bs2 game, close bs2
- log out from account in fb application
- open bs2, tap "log in fb" - it offers the account you are currently logged in fb application.

ps:
don't know the case when bs2 is the only s8 game you play - then it might be that your progress is saved only depending on your fb account.
i'm not sure about this and cannot check, sorry. all my devices have several s8 games, and bs2 progress on them definitely do not depend on fb account, but on s8 id.
anyhow, even if so - i guess when you log out > log in > and see your progress is gone, you can log back to your old fb account, and keep playing it until we get community feature and can use our s8 id ))

(OR to download any other s8 game like regular RS or BS just to set your s8 id up. then your device will be associated with this id, for all s8 games you have on it, including bs2).

Storm2game
05-28-16, 12:14 AM
HI VanaCatu

I followed these steps to link another FB account:
1) Uninstalled both BS2 game and Facebook App and deleted all data on my phone.
2) reinstalled the game app, logged back into my storm id (through google play), and got my progress back.
3) Reinstalled FB app, logged into my new FB id meant for the game.
4) tried to link the new FB account, during which it would ask me which account-1) the one on device (which is my current progress), or 2) the one on cloud (FB account at level 0).
5) i chose the device account but the new FB account doesn't get linked.

Can you please guide what am i missing?

Thanks.

VanaCatu
05-28-16, 01:01 AM
HI VanaCatu

I followed these steps to link another FB account:
1) Uninstalled both BS2 game and Facebook App and deleted all data on my phone.
2) reinstalled the game app, logged back into my storm id (through google play), and got my progress back.
3) Reinstalled FB app, logged into my new FB id meant for the game.
4) tried to link the new FB account, during which it would ask me which account-1) the one on device (which is my current progress), or 2) the one on cloud (FB account at level 0).
5) i chose the device account but the new FB account doesn't get linked.

Can you please guide what am i missing?

Thanks.
hey dear :) i am sorry, but i'm not sure i can guide you with it, coz i never used google play to log in to my storm8 id - i don't even know how it works ))))

i have storm8 id because i set it up in other s8 games i play, and bs2 progress is associated with the same id.
i'm using "restaurant story" or "bakery story" (old game, not bs2) to switch between my account and my daugther's one - and then all s8 games on my tab show her progress, not my (including bs2).

so in case when someone do not play other s8 games and do not have s8 id - i have no idea how the bs2 progress is saved and to what it is linked.

as to fb accounts, i never reinstalled anything.
it always enough to:
- disconnect bs2 from fb account
- log out from one acc and log in to other acc in fb application
- tap fb in bs2 - and it automatically logs in that account which is currently active in fb application
- from this moment (if i don't disconnect in bs2 again) i can even use any other acc in fb app - the game stays connected to the acc it was once logged.

Rynetory2
05-28-16, 04:48 AM
@Storm2game

Not sure if this will help but you may want to try this... Login to your old FB account via FB app or FB site and delete BS2 under App setting. Then log off your old FB account and login to your new FB account. Start your Bakery game and try.

If it still doesnt work, you can send an email to support@storm8.com and an agent can assist you further. Thanks.

Bette3900
07-15-16, 07:08 AM
I have the same problem as above. When I tap connect to facebook, I am told that facebook already has permission to access Bakery Story 2, and when I return to the game, I get the message to log in to facebook. When I look through the list of apps under settings on my iPad, Bakery Story 2 doesn't show up. Perhaps part of the problem?

By the way, I have a Storm ID via Castle Story, but don't seem to be able to connect BS2 to that ID.