PDA

View Full Version : Favorite Event of the Year

FlatFoot
05-13-16, 04:15 PM
Hey everyone, I'd like to ask you what your favorite event of the year has been so far. Which event had you smiling once it was over? Which event had dragons you just had to have? Which event just felt good? You have multiple votes, but pick your top three or so!

Hope you all are having a good Dragon Story year!

Best,
FlatFoot

https://s3.amazonaws.com/uploads.hipchat.com/85245/2138147/0fF8UVRBm8z1rFN/2016Finals.png

Grizzy91810
05-13-16, 04:23 PM
I wasn't playing the game yet for Royal Rush or Sleepy Slumberland. Forbidden Love was my first event. I was bummed the low levels didn't get a chance for all 3 dragons but it was fun! Luck of the Dragon has been my favorite so far and it had the dragons I just had to have!!!! I was happy when Skylord leaderboard event was over. I won but it was so stressful! Lol Gorgeous Globe world event made me smile. All the dragons were cute.

Niire
05-13-16, 04:33 PM
I LOVED the slumberland event! HAD to get through that one! :) Also the same for the St. Patty's day, and the Birthday Bash tales, and the gorgeous globe. St. Patty's was probably my fave, because of the celt influence.

FlatFoot, I'd love love love to see your take on the egyptian theme. You are beyond talented! <3

I actually voted for 5 events...including May flowers. I might be one of the few that loves the floral theme, lol.

moonchild1987
05-13-16, 04:33 PM
My votes are for Wonderous Wish, Big Birthday Bash, and Gorgeous Globe. Aladdin, Sultana, Magic Lamp, and Surprise have made names for themselves in my arena. I'm always happy with battle dragons. Sky, Sea, Earth, and Supreme are beautiful. Big Birthday Bash was my number 1 event and Earth my favorite dragon!

Also, I was moving during the royal flush event. Really sad I missed that one :(

luckyaa7
05-13-16, 05:07 PM
I liked all except the leaderboard. I did like birthday bash too except the glitch made it impossible to get the invite back... I also loved the royal flush and the one with sultana and aladdin.

amalsaba
05-13-16, 09:26 PM
Hey everyone, I'd like to ask you what your favorite event of the year has been so far. Which event had you smiling once it was over? Which event had dragons you just had to have? Which event just felt good? You have multiple votes, but pick your top three or so!

Hope you all are having a good Dragon Story year!

Best,
FlatFoot

https://s3.amazonaws.com/uploads.hipchat.com/85245/2138147/0fF8UVRBm8z1rFN/2016Finals.png

Stunning designs every time. You are a genious! You continue to surprise us. When we think you can't possibly come up with something prettier, you amaze us! Keep up the good work! And I have been saying "I must have this dragon!" Way more often. Have a great weekend!

belarica
05-13-16, 10:40 PM
I enjoyed them all, except sky lord. Motherly love was fun once I realized I could easily get all the milestones and such a pretty habitat as a reward. :)

zenkitty99
05-14-16, 04:03 AM
Royal Flush - because King & Jack are absolutely awesome in the arena (plus they are amazing looking dragons). And Wondering Wish, as it yielded some beautiful dragons too!

zyfazix
05-14-16, 05:19 AM
Gorgeous Globe because all of the dragons look great and there was a beautiful habitat to go with it

pernmagic
05-14-16, 06:14 AM
Enjoyed all especially Royal Flush ...... Not keen on leaderboards at all to say the least
Beautiful dragons you design for us :)

farmday0123
05-14-16, 06:50 AM
Mother love waste so much golds n times but very nice prizes

DeeDe99
05-14-16, 07:11 AM
Enjoyed all especially Royal Flush ...... Not keen on leaderboards at all to say the least
Beautiful dragons you design for us :)

Seconded re leaderboards and beautiful dragons! Especially Supreme, definitely my fav dragon this year. Slumberland event was my fav event.

lenasdinner
05-14-16, 07:17 AM
I love all the events .it was really hard to pick only three.there are allways amazing looking dragons that is really hard to let go,and I give my everything just to have them.maybe not so favorite about leadrboard,because I can win any of the prize dragon...but it's like that.
the very best event that I had to have dragons was defenitly Gorgeous Globe event.Sky and Sea dragons are type of dragons that I really love.love their colors their shape,...everything.thats why I raise them to epik right away.
my another event that I really like was Forbidden Love,Dame of Darknes is just my fearles lady in battle arena,besides that she looks just wonderful. Lord of Light also amazing,and Arbiter was like I wont that one!
I also liked Royal Flush,where my Jack helps me thru the battels,almoust when ever I need him.amazing colorful dragons great type also with King and Queen dragon.

Kriscake21
05-14-16, 07:19 AM
I like all of the events, except for the leaderboard.

Osh7772
05-14-16, 07:57 AM
I like most of the event except leader board which is so stressful and the last few milestone prize is so impossible unless you use gold. Do not like that because it is not fair as we were not even given a chance to let us try.
Some of the tale events are also fun but unless we are able to plant enough food.......which can be quite stressful when you are busy at work.

FieldsLikeB
05-14-16, 07:58 AM
Aladdin by far. Second would be Slumber

Clark_Wayne
05-14-16, 08:00 AM
Sleepy Slumberland. 2nd favorite : royal flush
and the worst : leaderboards (motherly love worse than skylords) and may flowers

lisabandit2
05-14-16, 11:12 AM
Any event other than leaderboards get my vote. My only beef is not getting a break between them anymore. When I started playing it wasn't back to back like it has been since the beginning of the year. I have to choose now if I want/can participate. Your designs are usually something I want, but it has become so hard and in some cases impossible for a player like me who can't afford to get. Love my beasties a lot though! 🤗

jjblueyes
05-14-16, 11:39 AM
I like all of the events, except for the leaderboard.

Ditto

groovyedwin
05-15-16, 06:54 PM
Pretty much all but two leaderboard events and the current community event.

BiteMe111
05-17-16, 04:39 PM
Funnily enough, Sleepy Slumberland was my favourite, even though it was probably the only event where I didn't get the final dragon (had stuff going on and couldn't play as much as usual). But Knightmare is my absolutely favorite dragon as far as looks. I sometimes stop on him while cruising through my island and just stare. Honestly, I could have a poster of him on my wall. I think it's those pink eyes. (The dragon that I didn't get in that event was also a stunner, by the way, and I'm sad not to have him).

Also, at the risk of sounding like a broken record, I'd love Android players to get a chance at the events that took place before we could do them, particularly the space themed one.

nicsdragonisle
05-17-16, 05:14 PM
Seconded re leaderboards and beautiful dragons! Especially Supreme, definitely my fav dragon this year. Slumberland event was my fav event.
Agree with everything DeeDee. Also love Slumberland and dislike Leaderboards as much as I love the others.

Just adding that the points required for the May Flowers event is a real disappointment. At level 110 with 2 nests, i should have been able to obtain the final individual prize. If individual prizes on future community events remain out of reach, they'll go way down on my 'like meter'. Didn't buy the habitat (which is how I like to spend my gold) since I can't get them all. I like to have event dragons together in their special habitats, so it's not worth it to me.

Hoping the next CE has reachable goals again.

DeeDe99
05-17-16, 05:31 PM
Agree with everything DeeDee. Also love Slumberland and dislike Leaderboards as much as I love the others.

Just adding that the points required for the May Flowers event is a real disappointment. At level 110 with 2 nests, i should have been able to obtain the final individual prize. If individual prizes on future community events remain out of reach, they'll go way down on my 'like meter'. Didn't buy the habitat (which is how I like to spend my gold) since I can't get them all. I like to have event dragons together in their special habitats, so it's not worth it to me.

Hoping the next CE has reachable goals again.

You and I are alike! I do the same thing with event dragons, and find a fourth that I think fits the theme. The Irish one and Slumberland were easy, because we had that fourth dragon each time that fitted the theme. Still looking for something for the Bazaar and a couple of others.

Totally agree re the requirements for this May Flowers event. Unachievable final total for the average player. It is becoming, as someone else said recently, more like a gambling game than a breeding game. That is due to this stupid, but popular (as it is profitable), In-app purchases business model. Totally lacks an ethical foundation.

Clark_Wayne
05-17-16, 05:34 PM
You and I are alike! I do the same thing with event dragons, and find a fourth that I think fits the theme. The Irish one and Slumberland were easy, because we had that fourth dragon each time that fitted the theme. Still looking for something for the Bazaar and a couple of others.

Totally agree re the requirements for this May Flowers event. Unachievable final total for the average player. It is becoming, as someone else said recently, more like a gambling game than a breeding game. That is due to this stupid, but popular (as it is profitable), In-app purchases business model. Totally lacks an ethical foundation.

i put the fortune teller ni the Bazaar ;)

DeeDe99
05-17-16, 05:52 PM
Good choice! But I don't have her.......yet!

FieldsLikeB
05-17-16, 05:52 PM
I'm really really undergarments that getting the final individual prize is not gonna happen it's was my favorite aspect of the me. I love the community aspect. I don't mind not getting the final individual prize so much as not getting the rainbow rose.

I hate the leader boards. Not only does it waste gold but having spent that gold I won't be able to get Rainbow rose if offered.

I do want to say however that you've thrilled me with lowering the amounts needed for crafting and mining dragons. Thank you.

TwiWoods
05-17-16, 06:14 PM
I voted for all but the 2 leaderboard events and the current event. At its base, this is a breeding game and all dragons should be obtainable by all players. I understand Buy Only gold-giving dragons, but players should have a chance to collect all dragons. I hate the leaderboard events for the very reason that only 10% of players can get the main dragon; it's not even available to purchase. Also, this current event requires too many flowers for the last dragon. This will be the 1st time in 2 years that I will not get all dragons. Spin wheels round out the bottom of my list mostly because I rarely get any of the dragons on it. (Although getting food isn't the groan it used to be)

I love having all the updates and something to do all the time. Dragon Tales is my favorite along with Tournaments, Events and Arena and Mine crafting dragons. I'm impressed by Flatfoot and love all the new designs for dragons that have come lately. I don't mind buying gold occasionally to 'enhance' my gaming experience, I just don't want to be in a place where I have to spend gold to accomplish goals.

porkchomp
05-17-16, 08:21 PM
Gorgeous Globe.
Birthday Bash is a close second.

My criteria:
1. Dragon design
2. Ability to complete with good, but not life-dominating attention

tuffyjkitten
05-17-16, 11:10 PM
Sleepy Slumberland, Forbidden Love (my girl Capulet is an awesome battler!!), and Birthday Bash because....dragon in a cake!

That said.......too many events!!!!!

feonalily
05-17-16, 11:19 PM
sleepy slumberland by far. loved all the dragons and the habitat was gorgeous

amerirish
05-18-16, 06:23 AM
I love all of the dragons, but hate the leaderboard format events.

My fave on this list has to be Royal Flush - we got an awesome 4-dragon habitat and all of the dragons are super cool looking. Also, I am a big time poker fan so love my royal family of dragons :cool:

belarica
05-18-16, 06:59 AM
I love all of the dragons, but hate the leaderboard format events.

My fave on this list has to be Royal Flush - we got an awesome 4-dragon habitat and all of the dragons are super cool looking. Also, I am a big time poker fan so love my royal family of dragons :cool:
I just wish we would've had a tournament to win the ace to go with the rest :)

Natasha_07
05-18-16, 07:34 AM
My favorite events are world events, I did like the mother's day event though however it was too much competition instead of the group working together towards a goal...

amerirish
05-18-16, 07:51 AM
I just wish we would've had a tournament to win the ace to go with the rest :)

That would be AWESOME!! To have an Ace and maybe even a Ten(10) Dragon for a complete Royal Flush :D

fluffpuff21
06-02-16, 08:25 PM
I voted for all but the 2 leaderboard events and the current event. At its base, this is a breeding game and all dragons should be obtainable by all players. I understand Buy Only gold-giving dragons, but players should have a chance to collect all dragons. I hate the leaderboard events for the very reason that only 10% of players can get the main dragon; it's not even available to purchase. Also, this current event requires too many flowers for the last dragon. This will be the 1st time in 2 years that I will not get all dragons. Spin wheels round out the bottom of my list mostly because I rarely get any of the dragons on it. (Although getting food isn't the groan it used to be)

I love having all the updates and something to do all the time. Dragon Tales is my favorite along with Tournaments, Events and Arena and Mine crafting dragons. I'm impressed by Flatfoot and love all the new designs for dragons that have come lately. I don't mind buying gold occasionally to 'enhance' my gaming experience, I just don't want to be in a place where I have to spend gold to accomplish goals.

Agreeing with this 100%. I was a little shocked when I saw how behind schedule I was for the May Flowers event. I have seven Enchanteds and two nests and I was constantly questing, but I was almost short. I was able to get the last dragon, but it was still pretty frustrating. This is in the quote but leaderboards....... they **** me.....

DeeDe99
06-02-16, 11:44 PM
That would be AWESOME!! To have an Ace and maybe even a Ten(10) Dragon for a complete Royal Flush :D

Need a five dragon habitat. :D Good idea!

jjblueyes
06-03-16, 07:15 AM
Agreeing with this 100%. I was a little shocked when I saw how behind schedule I was for the May Flowers event. I have seven Enchanteds and two nests and I was constantly questing, but I was almost short. I was able to get the last dragon, but it was still pretty frustrating. This is in the quote but leaderboards....... they **** me.....

Feels the same. I was right there with you on the May event.
Not looking forward to the event starting today & I wish it wasn't so long.

@Amerirish - the poker dragons are fun and I would love a Ace dragon too. That would be amazing.

Hawk1
06-03-16, 08:04 AM
Funny that I had a 24 hour gold sale leading up to my least favorite event, I'll pass, I know there will be plenty of people throwing gold @ S8 to win a pretty but useless ultra rare and I won't be one of them. I will give it my best effort, but I know other than milestones I won't get the last dragon, although I have liked some of the milestone dragons so I do have that to look forward to at least.

amerirish
06-03-16, 08:26 AM
Crazy idea, but how about an event over on the Arctic Isles? Something easy & low maintenance but how about showing a little love for our frozen cousins? :)

Star7499
06-03-16, 08:55 AM
Absolutely hate the leaderboards really is S8 wanted to gain more money they have to put all of the winners of the leader boards together and see them duke it out......... But I love the world events and the Dragon Tales those are so much fun

DragonW22
06-03-16, 09:24 AM
Globes and Birthday Bash events. Thanks.

813vv
06-03-16, 10:31 AM
Love them all :-)

random59
06-04-16, 01:45 AM
None, not into games that readily need to spend real money. This game USED to be fun as you could breed dragons now it appears to be how much money you are prepared to spend! Whole ETHOS of this has changed for this game:mad:

Kennedward
06-04-16, 03:43 AM
I don't really have a fav, but I can tell you the least fav, the leaderboard events, don't like them at all

awsumum
06-04-16, 02:32 PM
I didn't get to vote :(

As I loathe the leaderboard events, I'm not sure my vote would've counted anyway

chloesisland
06-04-16, 03:45 PM

As I loathe the leaderboard events, I'm not sure my vote would've counted anyway

Nice to hear from you. I totally agree with you.

Kennedward
06-04-16, 04:09 PM

Agreed