PDA

View Full Version : Favorite recent events in Castle Story?

PikaSquirrel
05-12-16, 06:18 PM
Hi everyone!

We'd like to get some feedback from you guys on which recent event you enjoyed most and why, thanks! :)

SpiritWind00
05-12-16, 06:38 PM
To help you choose, here are some links and info :)

* Season of Luck - about the Lucky Workshop and Parade Float - main thread link (http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?89601-Castle-Story-3-03-Update-The-Season-of-Luck-(timed-optional)-EXPIRED)
* Ivy's Petting Zoo - about the Zoo and if you finished received a second one as a prize - main thread link (http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?89209-Castle-Story-2-19-Update-%28iOS-Only%29-Ivy-s-Petting-Zoo-Event-EXPIRED)
* Cherry Hive - about Anthia and the Cherry Tree - main thread link (http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?90961-Castle-Story-4-21-Update-The-Cherry-Hive-Event-EXPIRED)
* The Great Glimmeregg Hunt - about the glimmeregg bunny - main thread link (http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?90198-Castle-Story-3-24-Update-The-Great-Glimmeregg-Hunt-EXPIRED)
* Fire and Ice (Current event) - about the fire and/or ice dragon - main thread link (http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?91362-Castle-Story-5-06-Update-Fire-And-Ice-%28iOS-Only-TIMED-OPTIONAL%29)

Radegast1
05-12-16, 06:45 PM
rr

PrincessCupOButter
05-12-16, 07:15 PM
I chose Cherry Hive because it was NOT a storybook. There were several different things to do, we got the beautiful cherry hive (tree) and a new character, plus we could move forward at our own pace, instead of the forced waiting time.

If I could have, I'd have voted for the last monster hunt (before the recent changes!) And putting those changes aside for the moment, the reason I would have chosen it is because I love the idea of having things other than the cooking camp to trade for, and I am hoping for even more options next hunt.

*About Fire & Ice, if it wasn't a storybook quest, I would have chosen it. Speaking of Fire & Ice, could S8 please find a way to make the Naga monsters a permanent part of the game?

danzplace
05-12-16, 07:16 PM
Love getting a new character from The Cherry Hive, and the tree is lovely.
Getting a dragon from fire and ice will be cool too. Again, awesome deco with it. I like the pacing on a daily challenge, works with life well.

The holiday events are good, but less useful year round. Will always regret spending my gems on the egg shack.

Overall, I love this game and am completely addicted. Wish my device to as the down during the winery chall nhe. Those deco and buildings are beautiful.

eagleeye1186
05-12-16, 08:20 PM
I've been playing castle story from the beginning! I'll have to admit I was hooked, obsessed, had to get as many neighbors as possible! (Ended up with over 900). I kept up with everything! Who sent gifts, who to receive gifts next, etc! Christmas 2014 I had to invest in a new tablet (my iPad 1 didn't have enough space), so I invested in an Android! The graphics are awesome! Little did I know that S8 was going to have some (a lot), of awesome things for IOS only! So disheartening! It's like a slap in the face that we android players are put on the back burner, we don't matter anymore! What's up with that? I have asked several times in the forums, to no avail! If we aren't important enough for your team to offer the same gameplay for both systems, I guess now it's just a game for IOS users only? ! Especially for new players! I've thoroughly enjoyed the game for all, but it sure was a lot of effort to be kicked to the side! So, I can't honestly answer the poll, since I didn't get to play all of the events! Are android users ever going to get the whole game? Thanks for the gameplay of old!

88silver
05-12-16, 08:45 PM
Season of Luck had potential, but energy and coins are way too frequent reward for the work that goes into it.

Petting Zoo is out because no one has bothered doing the code for Android players to do that type of event.

Cherry Hive was OK, but for the reasorces that went into it, I was hoping the completed hive would give better drops. If it functioned like a 3rd sawmill, I'd have liked it better.

Glimmeregg hunt was fun with a good balance of crafting and gathering, but I prefer to not have deco as a prize, and seasonal deco is even worse. I didn't like the hugely expensive gem building that was offered without clear statements of its uselessness. An event only gem item ought to be 75 gems or less.

Fire and Ice sucks because it means two weeks with nothing to do as an Android player.

I liked the last monster hunt, before the changes. I understand the need for the change, but think it went too extreme (limit too low, cost too high), was dealt with poorly, and wound up being quite trust breaking. If it was instead made to be 2-5 one time only craft options, each with a higher material cost (say 5, then 10, 20, 30, and 40 tokens), changed sooner, and came *with notification/explanation*, it wouldn't feel so ugly. Instead of one "one time only" alicorn craft, there would be multiple "one time only" crafts with the only difference being cost.

I'd like all events better if S8 would clearly state what the end prize will be/do.

kareichan
05-12-16, 11:31 PM
I agree with 88silver and everything in his/her post.

Android can't participate and it's terrible. Only deco prizes gets boring, it'd be good to have everything clear before spending time, resources and/or gems.

Personally, I'd like special buildings in the event that drops currency, so there is no need to mutilate the kingdom with a bunch of repetitive buildings. Energy as a reward was also nice.

Lyzau
05-13-16, 02:00 AM
I chose Cherry Hive because I could do it at my own pace, and I liked the surprise reward of a floating fairy, even the tree is very pretty. I consider the rewards decorative because the drops from the tree are very minor, but it's lovely deco nonetheless. However I do understand that it was a rather difficult event for lower level players because of the huge amounts of living wood that were needed.

The Glimmeregg hunt would be my second choice. I loved all those pretty eggs.

I like Fire&Ice, but I hate the storybook format.

Season of Luck was ok but didn't have very useful rewards. The lucky trade has yet to give me anything spectacular.

Ivy's petting zoo was the absolute worst. That ugly useless zoo went straight into storage.

And yes, the last Monster Hunt really lit my fire and enthusiasm again, up until the recent changes to the MRC ...

I play on iOS and I am very sorry for all my Android friends who cannot participate in half of the events, not even the Baron's tent!

mautzu
05-13-16, 04:11 AM
I'm on Android. It's very difficult to express my opinion regarding iOS only events in polite, decent words. I will just say that I like best the events with usefull rewards, altough those seem to all be history now. So, from the 3 events opened to Android players only the Season of luck had a somehow usefull prize. I'll vote for it. (Kinda lame)

hagypagy
05-13-16, 04:35 AM
#1 Cherry Hive - Anthia and the Cherry Tree was an awesome quest with awesome prizes and beautiful deco :D
#2 Season of Luck - the Lucky Workshop is an awesome building that continues to be useful :o
#3 The Great Glimmeregg Hunt - the glimmeregg bunny is useful (but really wish it wasn't wearing a pink ribbon!) but other deco could've had drops. :)

BAD Ivy's Petting Zoo - the Zoo is horrible animation , went straight into storage , having two is just twice as useless

* Fire and Ice (Current event) - enjoying so far , think the prize may be pretty worthless tho :(

UnkelFester
05-13-16, 06:09 AM
Season of Luck had potential, but energy and coins are way too frequent reward for the work that goes into it.

Petting Zoo is out because no one has bothered doing the code for Android players to do that type of event.

Cherry Hive was OK, but for the reasorces that went into it, I was hoping the completed hive would give better drops. If it functioned like a 3rd sawmill, I'd have liked it better.

Glimmeregg hunt was fun with a good balance of crafting and gathering, but I prefer to not have deco as a prize, and seasonal deco is even worse. I didn't like the hugely expensive gem building that was offered without clear statements of its uselessness. An event only gem item ought to be 75 gems or less.

Fire and Ice sucks because it means two weeks with nothing to do as an Android player.

I liked the last monster hunt, before the changes. I understand the need for the change, but think it went too extreme (limit too low, cost too high), was dealt with poorly, and wound up being quite trust breaking. If it was instead made to be 2-5 one time only craft options, each with a higher material cost (say 5, then 10, 20, 30, and 40 tokens), changed sooner, and came *with notification/explanation*, it wouldn't feel so ugly. Instead of one "one time only" alicorn craft, there would be multiple "one time only" crafts with the only difference being cost.

I'd like all events better if S8 would clearly state what the end prize will be/do.

I totally agree with 88silver as well. I haven't voted for any of the listed choices because of the reasons below:

The Season of Luck, as with ANYTHING using leprechauns in advertising, promised the earth but actually delivered very little in the end (slot machines I'm looking at you).

The Petting Zoo and Fire and Ice are irrelevant to players like myself who avoid anything to do with apple/Ios.

The Glimmeregg challenge was quite good to play along with and make all those pretty eggs, I'm glad I didn't get sucked into buying that useless Forge as I had learnt a lesson with the Bait Shop.

Monster Hunts are the most fun, especially now we are given a similar chance to hunt monsters as those on that other game platform.

Cherry Hive was OK, but please do fix that hideous fairy!

Two weeks without an update for Android players is frustrating for Level 50 players like myself who have completed all the tasks in the book/fully expanded and are now just making inventory and twiddling our thumbs.

ShibuyaCloth
05-13-16, 08:00 AM
Just one vote, but in general I like the events. As of late just one was not to my taste in this list.

lambbunny4
05-13-16, 09:20 AM
I voted for the Cherry Hive. I think the tree is pretty, I enjoyed the story and the end reward justified my time, energy and resources. I also enjoyed the glimmer egg hunt but that had some frustrating glitches. Fire and ice is good, I'm happy with the rewards etc., but I can't say I'm a fan of the storybook format. Least favorite was the petting zoo.

IMO, the best quests have a solid storyline and reward you with worthwhile items at different intervals throughout the process, even if you are not able to see it thru to its final reward. At least you walk away with something unique for the effort you were able to make.

tuffyjkitten
05-13-16, 09:24 AM
I generally like all the events, but the timed storybook format has to be my least favorite. Too much pressure, especially with neighbor-related steps that don't seem to update counts properly.

There should be a better mix of resources used for these events. Why always living wood and gold nuggets? I'm glad this current one asked for golden eggs, which I think more people had available as I didn't see a lot of posts about that in the event thread. Find uses for things that all levels have the ability to find or craft more easily than the super rare drops.

Collecting from multiple marketplaces....that's just mean to those that don't have or can't afford more than 1. Why not multiple collections from Ivy or Thomas, buildings that everyone participating has and then it's fair? Those that want to speed through it can and those that can't or don't want to still have a chance to finish without wasting days on one step.

And let the Android people play!!! I'm iOS but I'm appalled at the lack of things designed for both platforms.

Wonkaland99
05-13-16, 10:16 AM
Cherry Hive was great. Pity there was not a better way of fixing the glitch at the end, rather than making the neighbour requests irrelevant.

Petting Zoo and Fire and Ice not available for Android. Fire and Ice looked like a very good update.

Season of Luck. I was away for the whole event, but the Parade Float is still in the market for me to purchase, which is a bit silly.

I also missed half the Glimmeregg Hunt, but enjoyed what I was able to do.

Incidentally I read somewhere that storybook events could not be made available for Android, and yet I can at least try to do them in Fantasy Forest.

Jinc4
05-13-16, 11:33 AM
I'm on Android so, like others on Android, I have not been able to participate in 2/5 of the events listed. So how can I comment meaningfully on this poll? And, how does this poll help S8 design the best future updates based on the views of all players....unless of course we Android players don't really matter.

Right now, because of this poll, I'm feeling pretty fed up as it seems clear that (as I suspected) we really are not important.

chewingthecud
05-13-16, 06:56 PM
I loved the Easter event as I love Easter eggs etc but the issue with the forge was unfortunate. I bought the forge and have three glimmer Ali's. I am now drowning in eggs - but that's ok. Just wait for Easter next year - my kingdom will be plastered with eggs! Ha ha ha.;)

ovadehill
05-13-16, 07:04 PM
Hey SW- the thread link for Season of Luck takes you to the Cherry Hive.

oops! Thank you. Link fixed... :) SW

cyndora
05-13-16, 09:09 PM
i like community events. i log on daily , so tapping and helping is not a prob for me. the storybook quests on the other hand......not so much.

i like to finish a goal and move on , or see my progress, i dont like budgeting time to get something done , just to find out i have to wait 18 hours.....

other then that, i like how the community works really hard to get the prizes for everyone, its fun.

i picked the cherry hive event because...
getting something as gorgeous as the cherry tree from the last event was amazing, the end reward was so pretty
( not the fairy , the tree! ) more like that please.
did not play the zoo, i didnt like the looks or the resources it gave at the end, and stopped on chapter 1. does not look like it belongs in this game. more like farm story.
i like a mix of collecting and crafting , and love quests that dont ask for nuggets.....always nuggets.....theres other things too you know lol and please, NO MORE LIVING WOOD!!!!!!!!!!!

i miss my purple alicorn factory very much though....i really wanted all purple in my kingdom :)

xox
cyndora

mina_32
05-13-16, 09:41 PM
Voted Cherry Hive because the end prize was the prettiest.

jopik
05-13-16, 11:46 PM
Dragons hands down!!!

dearchloe
05-14-16, 12:51 AM
Definitely the season of luck...another way to get the golden troll token from the lucky workshop...

Haflaxus
05-14-16, 05:34 AM
Definitely the season of luck...another way to get the golden troll token from the lucky workshop...

Really? No troll token ever drops from mine :(

mymummy789
05-14-16, 06:25 AM
Not sure I have enjoyed any of the recent events. They all seem to be glitchy, requiring many hours of game-play and the rewards are no longer guaranteed to stay around. The early events were much more fun. The goals were not repetitive and were achievable even if you couldn't spend all day playing.

danzplace
05-14-16, 11:24 AM
Okay, I voted for the Chery Hive, but after today have more to add.

Loving the dragon event, because:
It's an awesome prize at th end ( looks cool and useful)
Awesome interim surprises - coral is beautiful, there are several to drive for, and most importantly, it gives you something to do while you are waiting for chapters. Challenging with a very low drop rate, but nice to have a different challenge
The flowers are beautiful, and will last after the event
The new monster is creepy with great action - one of the main reasons I love this is for the graphics besides the storyline

So lots to do, make, earn... Very cool event. The event itself is only topped by the Cherry Hive because you earns a flying fairy. If the dragon mov d I the board like the other characters, this event would win hands down.

Edited to say Thank you!!!!!!

farmer88liz
05-14-16, 01:03 PM
I enjoyed the cherry hive and season of luck,
But I hate it when the prize is a decoration
And you can probably guess I play on android,
Come on you need to be fair to us
����������������

ghjvcucjb
05-15-16, 12:01 AM
Fire and ice. It doesn't require 1000 hours a day of game play, a billion redundant collection of things like corn, or gives useless building that takes up more precious space. It also gave us super cool Nagas that actually spawned with in a reasonable amount of water collecting and the end prize is cool.

BUT...and I know I'm starting to sound like a broken record...but can we please, pretty please with a cherry on top and a drizzle of salted caramel ganache made with Hawaiian heritage organic chocolate, get back to the original story line and find out what is in the locked crown and throne in the lower right hand corner and who the real heir to that crown and throne is and why was our main character kidnapped as a child?

SpuriousNotion
05-17-16, 05:35 AM
I would have enjoyed the fire and ice more had it not been a storybook format. Any timed quest other than maybe the holiday ones make no sense for the players. Most of us work and have other lives to lead and CS had always felt like a pleasant, low stress diversion game until the timed quests became so much more common. The story format with the artificial wait times between chapters is simply horrible. That being said, I did appreciate that even the randomly needed drops were not rare and that the nagas had a high spawn rate. So for a timed quest this was better than, say, one that required 10 ornate beams that, without them already in storage, would have made succeeding in the quest prohibitive. So I do feel this one was done properly with an interesting reward at the end.

tvangstanke
05-17-16, 06:33 AM
I salute the directors/designers behind the Cherry Hive event. Every step was extremely enjoyable - both the tasks and the storyline. Although my gaming time was strictly limited, it was doable. I love the way it picked up the vibe from the Lila/Azalea-story, and at the same time it drew us closer to the town characters. The Story book events, on the other hand, tend to feel quite remote and impersonal.

I love the magnificent cherry tree. After begging, nagging and pleading for more trees in these forum discussions, I finally got my wish <3 I just wish there were more (yup, I'm a greedy lil' monster...) No seriously, in the current Fire and Ice event I bought the other dragon too (Snow & Stormborn belong together). If there had been a frozen (light blue/white) version of the cherry tree, I'd happily buy that instead/too.

What I'm currently exited about:
- The history behind the Blythewoods vs. Glimmers, and how do Azalea vs. Lila fit into this?
- I'm Team Azalea & Team Ice dragon. Can't wait to see what consequences our choices will have in the continued story line.
- More lovely trees. More cool Greselda acts and conversations.

(Cast a vote for the Cherry Hive, but would have liked to vote for Fire and Ice too.)

arikasi
05-17-16, 08:15 PM
I chose Season of Luck, not because if the format if the event, but because of the prize. I live having an extra trade to do each day that gets exciting when you get a random prize. Although the deco prizes are a little too scarce for my liking, lol. But I remain hopeful as it is there to try again the next day!

mellishab
05-17-16, 11:41 PM
I have played now for many year complete every event loved the game till now. I would say any event is better then the current one because in still force closing to try get dragon egg more then 24 hours latter. I always through people just winged a little bit to much about problems in the game but since you a pumping out updates all the time. The quality of the game has dropped and there is far to many problems and glitches in each event

dalexxx
05-18-16, 12:59 AM
cherry hive cause the witch cauldron event isn't in the list.

Radegast1
05-18-16, 01:46 PM
snafu

azriX2012
05-18-16, 01:50 PM
I agree with dalexxx. Halloween 2014 event gave us the Witch's Cauldron which is the best prize so far I've seen in this game. Please S8 give us more functional prizes. We put so much effort latelly on your events just to get either decos or prizes with poor drops.

DragonWished
05-18-16, 02:23 PM
I voted for the egg hunt because it was the first time I got to finish without using real money.

The season of luck is my second choice because the prize is actually useful.

Clark_Wayne
05-18-16, 03:23 PM
the glimmeregg Hunt. season of luck for 2nd ;)

BahSunFarms
05-18-16, 03:39 PM
I chose this current event because the tasks didn't seem tedious or repetitive, the Naga monster was a cool surprise and even the graphics (corals, etc) were beautiful. I also like that while we needed neighbor participation, it wasn't a huge focus in the event.

EsmeW2
05-19-16, 06:46 AM
Opting out of voting, but I'd have voted for Fire and Ice if it had been available on Android as well is IoS because I thought some of the graphics were stunning and because an effort was made to make it possible for lower level players to complete, and because there was variety in the tasks and we didn't everlastingly have to do the same thing.

mehershey
05-19-16, 07:28 AM
I liked the Cherry Hive because I enjoyed getting the new character. I also enjoy the Monster hunts, in general, even with the new changes to make it harder to get a Glimmer Dragon. I feel like the final goals to work toward are useful. In contrast, my lucky workshop almost never drops anything useful, and the parade float is in permanent storage because it doesn't seem to have a purpose.

tuffyjkitten
05-19-16, 08:23 AM
Of all the S8 games I play I think the events on this game are my favorite ones. Still not a huge fan of the storybook format and the strict timings, but these CS events seem to be the least stressful ones for me overall. There's lots to do to keep me interested, lots of things to collect along the way, and I enjoy getting new things to display in my kingdom even if they don't drop something super special. The ticket booths from the horse track event and their living wood/jewel drops have saved me more than once!

I also like that the events have a relation to the characters and fit in as everyday things within the storyline. The barons mother showing up, holiday celebrations, stuff like that. Not everything has to directly connect to the storyline in my opinion, though some things just shouldn't be dropped afterwards. We haven't seen Sabina since the wedding....did she have 10 kids then got fed up and left Thurston and that's where all the orphans came from?

Niire
05-19-16, 08:27 AM
I'm on Android. It's very difficult to express my opinion regarding iOS only events in polite, decent words. I will just say that I like best the events with usefull rewards, altough those seem to all be history now. So, from the 3 events opened to Android players only the Season of luck had a somehow usefull prize. I'll vote for it. (Kinda lame)

I have to agree, 2 of those events android folks have no clue about. I equally liked the three events I was able to participate in though, and I had to choose by reusability...i am still doing things with the lucky workshop, so that event got my vote.

azriX2012
05-19-16, 08:39 AM
We haven't seen Sabina since the wedding....did she have 10 kids then got fed up and left Thurston and that's where all the orphans came from?

Loooool never thought of that! :D

scotslassuk
05-19-16, 09:03 AM
I think it's unfair to have a vote as android and iOS are not equal and so I feel it would be an unfair result. Also there are massive glitches within the quests, just as one example the Fire and Ice quest it took 3days for some of my nbrs to get the advocate request!! How on earth are ppl expected to finish quests when it's taking this long for requests to go through?? It's finished now and today I got notification that my nbrs responded to my request! I've had nbrs write and apologise as they hoped I hadn't failed because off the delay. Not everyone can afford to use gems. I love my game but I have lost so many nbrs now because they are fed up with the game causing stress and frustration. Games shouldn't get us like that yet this does. I have great appreciation for the developers of the game and the work that goes into it but I feel S8 REALLY needs to listen to their players, make Android and iOS equal it's not right ppl are paying for gems keeping the company and game going but DONT have equal rights sorry that's wrong!! So I can't vote as its an unfair system, but keep up the good work. Thanks for reading.

jaymieb2
05-19-16, 05:18 PM

This. Very well put!

jbfps116
05-19-16, 05:45 PM
the season of luck event would have been the best hands down if the lucky trade dropped anything OTHER THAN 4000 coins!!!!!!!!!!! [and the next to 0 chance for something good??? come on.

PrincessPenelope3
05-20-16, 12:05 PM
Hi everyone!

We'd like to get some feedback from you guys on which recent event you enjoyed most and why, thanks! :)

None of them anymore after yesterday's fiasco. Seriously how can we find any of these events fun when S8 is just going to come back a month later and ruin it

tuffyjkitten
05-20-16, 03:59 PM
None of them anymore after yesterday's fiasco. Seriously how can we find any of these events fun when S8 is just going to come back a month later and ruin it

I agree even though I wasnt personally affected by that. I'm sure I will be at some point because this seems to be the standard. I wont delete my previous post about enjoying these events best because it was true and probably still is, but I am not participating in any of the ones that started yesterday or today in any of my games. Finishing the BS2 tea and lavender since I am on the final step, another few hours and then that's done. No more S8 games for awhile after that.

Eclipse444
05-21-16, 10:32 AM
I liked the season of luck. I like the new resource building, I do not care about low item drop rate.
The cherry hive event was fun. The tree is pretty.....the farie is a bit strange looking, but not concerned about that either.
As an android player I never got close to ever getting the purple alicorn. I'd like to have the ability to have 2, bit I don't think that Will happen.
Non time consuming challenges are great, my boss frowns on game playing at work!!!!!!

robotparade
05-21-16, 05:11 PM
I've been playing castle story from the beginning!... Little did I know that S8 was going to have some (a lot), of awesome things for IOS only! So disheartening! It's like a slap in the face that we android players are put on the back burner, we don't matter anymore! What's up with that? I have asked several times in the forums, to no avail! If we aren't important enough for your team to offer the same gameplay for both systems, I guess now it's just a game for IOS users only? ! Especially for new players! I've thoroughly enjoyed the game for all, but it sure was a lot of effort to be kicked to the side! So, I can't honestly answer the poll, since I didn't get to play all of the events! Are android users ever going to get the whole game? Thanks for the gameplay of old!

I've never understood this. I have a friend on Android (I'm on iOS) who can't even see some of the items in my kingdom when she visits. Why even offer the game for Android if you can't really play it?

As for my favorite event, it wasn't on the list. I would vote for the Halloween event from 2 years ago.

laughingpaperfox
06-27-16, 08:22 AM
I guess if it came down to it, I liked the cherry hive event the best since it's the only event that had useful items.

The others I really hated, TBH just based on the time, energy and gems spent on a bad reward.

Last year's(?) quest item from the Baron's Mother's visit gave us a really nice looking building. More importantly, the grape press was a source of water for only 1 tile!
Great!
What about the summer event where we got a gazebo that drops lemonade and noodles! That was awesome!

What did we get this year? Well, how about:

A gem bought crafting shop for the bunny event that IS COMPLETELY USELESS NOW.
A bunny den thing that does nothing.

Anything that just drops coins is useless IMO. so the lucky parade float, coli and petting zoo are forever in my storage...

I really wish there was a way to know ahead of time which events to participate in and which to skip.

PikaSquirrel
06-27-16, 12:04 PM
We've received lots of feedback so we will be closing this thread. Thank you guys for all the feedback!