PDA

View Full Version : Gold Producing Dragon Sale

RafMikeyLeoDonnie
05-12-16, 09:42 AM
I'm trying to figure out when a Gold Producing Dragon might go on sale again. So I have some questions?

1. When was the last one and which dragons were on sale?
2. What were the dates of any other sales that took place?
3. Were there specific occasions (i.e. new dragon, holiday, etc.)?
4. Were they OS specific?
5. Any other info that might help figure out when the next one might be.

Thanks

belarica
05-12-16, 10:29 AM
The last one was cyber Monday, they were all on sale. The newest one was released in December, North Star dragon. I would count on the next sale to be cyber Monday again, and who knows when a new one will be released. Maybe never?

cdbabe
05-16-16, 05:20 PM
When are they going to be on sale again?? We didn't have any on BIG 4 YEAR BIRTHDAY of DRAGON STORY!!!!

amalsaba
05-25-16, 04:54 AM
Hi storm8 staff and community members

Does anyone know when we will have another sale on gold producing dragons? It's been so long since they were on sale.

kooky panda
05-25-16, 08:01 AM
Hey guys the community managers cannot speculate on future sales but I will pass this request over. :)

amalsaba
05-26-16, 06:28 AM
Thank you kooky panda. I hope it will be soon ��

Bastiaan0
06-01-16, 11:36 AM
Grazing through the Valiant thread to find some other info, I stumbled upon this post:

How else am I supposed to have fun? I'm inside making TOP SECRET CONTENT for June and looking out the window at a VERY perfect California day :'[

It's June now, we've just got a new row of expansions, I'm guessing that this 'top secret content' beholds a new gold producing dragon ;)
When will we be surprised? Next friday? Or only at the end of this month?
Still guessing, but I was saving gold last month, just in case... Last resource dropping dragons were 50% off, most expensive gold producer (till now) costs 2000 gold... I now have 1047 gold, hoping that this will be enough ;)
Next friday will be the first 'reset day' in June... can't wait... too excited... the agony... could start biting nails again, but I'm not. Too glad I forgot all about that nasty habit :p But still...

amerirish
06-01-16, 11:41 AM
Grazing through the Valiant thread to find some other info, I stumbled upon this post:

It's June now, we've just got a new row of expansions, I'm guessing that this 'top secret content' beholds a new gold producing dragon ;)
Still guessing, but I was saving gold last month, just in case... Last resource dropping dragons were 50% off, most expensive gold producer (till now) costs 2000 gold... I now have 1047 gold, hoping that this will be enough ;)
Next friday will be the first 'reset day' in June... can't wait... too excited... the agony... could start biting nails again, but I'm not. Too glad I forgot all about that nasty habit :p But still...

Don't bite your nails!! You will need them to pull out your hair if we don't get a new gold producing dragon this month :p

Bastiaan0
06-01-16, 11:55 AM
Don't bite your nails!! You will need them to pull out your hair if we don't get a new gold producing dragon this month :p

:D Whahaha :D
But no, at the age of 40 I'm too proud of my lusty wig to pull it out, although it's getting gray :p
And I won't be disappointed if we don't get one, but as I said, just in case...

freshfunin2008
06-01-16, 12:00 PM
There will be another leader board, tales, as well as community event this month. There's your June content.

Bastiaan0
06-01-16, 12:13 PM
There will be another leader board, tales, as well as community event this month. There's your June content.

NO!
:p

kooky panda
06-01-16, 01:50 PM
Thread is going adrift! Please keep you posts on topic of wanting another Gold Producing Dragon sale.

Thanks!

naga2keren
06-01-16, 06:10 PM
I have been waiting with high hope in May... N continuing in June now... Hope it's coming very soon.... Fingers crossed

amerirish
06-02-16, 08:26 AM
:D Whahaha :D
But no, at the age of 40 I'm too proud of my lusty wig to pull it out, although it's getting gray :p
And I won't be disappointed if we don't get one, but as I said, just in case...

<-----41! Ha! I got you buy one year :D

So how about a Panhandler gold producing dragon?? That would be cool :D

ETA: If we get a new GPD, please don't have the "Sale" price be over 600 gold!!

ladymakay
06-02-16, 08:47 AM

(Gulps) I've never paid much attention to the GPD in the market...sweet baaby j....1200-2000!! That's approximately $35 to $55 per dragon, I can say with absolute certainty that I will never be the proud owner of such dragons, maybe if there were a Fools Gold type hahaha not REAL just for looks.

lenasdinner
06-02-16, 10:32 AM

I want a new gold dragon,or any other old one on sale,since I'm the owner of only one North Star dragon.and I agree with you,that sale price shouldent be more than 600 gold,everything more is to much.

BTW ...I will catch you in 13 days:D

amerirish
06-02-16, 10:49 AM
(Gulps) I've never paid much attention to the GPD in the market...sweet baaby j....1200-2000!! That's approximately $35 to $55 per dragon, I can say with absolute certainty that I will never be the proud owner of such dragons, maybe if there were a Fools Gold type hahaha not REAL just for looks.

When they have had GPD (copyright! lol) sales in the past, the dragons cost either 400 or 600 each which is quite reasonable IMHO. One year I purchased $99 in gold to collect about 5-6 GPD's and never once regretted it as they've more than paid me back by now :)

Clark_Wayne
06-02-16, 03:31 PM
When they have had GPD (copyright! lol) sales in the past, the dragons cost either 400 or 600 each which is quite reasonable IMHO. One year I purchased $99 in gold to collect about 5-6 GPD's and never once regretted it as they've more than paid me back by now :)

my 1st GPD on sales was gilded : 200 golds :P but never seen that price again LOL

amalsaba
06-02-16, 06:15 PM
my 1st GPD on sales was gilded : 200 golds :P but never seen that price again LOL

I agree with both of you. We haven't seen these prices recently. The last GPD reduced their prices to 800 each.

31aug2002
06-02-16, 11:14 PM
I am a relatively new player, so eagerly waiting for a sale on the GPD's :)
Hope to get one soon ... Over past few weeks have been stocking up on gold and not using it to speed up things..so hope to buy my first GPD.:)

blueangel826
06-03-16, 03:59 AM
Sadly, the last GPD sale was quite some time ago. Since my 1st anniversary on DS is coming the end of this month, I've only had one sale & there's only been one sale of GPD. Saved enough $ & got 5 of those beauties @ 800 gold each ! So glad I was far enough in level to have the space & coins to afford their habitats & love collecting the gold every day!! Just wish that they gave me the 5 gold every day, but most days I get 4 from each one! Still happy I have them :-)

DeeDe99
06-03-16, 05:15 AM
bk7553 you have to be really careful with your collection timing. There is a thread on it, if I can find it, will edit this with the link.

Edit: I found it! Hope this helps. http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?87108-How-to-collect-Gold-Dragons-(all-possible-combinations)

MaribouMay
06-03-16, 09:49 AM

Not to be a wet blanket, but, all unreleased content is top secret and FlatFoot has oversold things in the past because it was something he really liked. I am saving my gold and waiting, but not expecting.

amerirish
06-03-16, 10:23 AM
Not to be a wet blanket .......

I prefer to think of it as a Slightly Damp Coverlet of Reality :p

Bastiaan0
06-03-16, 10:29 AM
I prefer to think of it as a Slightly Damp Coverlet of Reality :p

Or just a very cold slap in the face :p
But yeah, I'm saving gold, too. Not letting the balance go under 1000...

FlatFoot
06-03-16, 10:29 AM
You wanted a Gold dragon, eh?

http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?91998-Kintsugi-Dragon-New-Gold-Dragon!&p=1303978#post1303978
https://s3.amazonaws.com/uploads.hipchat.com/85245/2138147/WkNgQHIf6suACrj/Kintsugi_Dragon_STG04.png

cattara100
06-03-16, 10:34 AM
Thanks Flatfoot, it is much appreciated.