PDA

View Full Version : Game keeps throwing me out.

PurpleScorpion76
05-12-16, 03:34 AM
I've been playing for almost 2 years now and i've never had this issue before but for the last week or so probably since the latest update it keeps throwing me out of the game I'm lucky if I get to give my friends their recent requests. It's been happening with Bakery Story 2 as well for me but a bit longer than CS. I did close all other applications (whether they were S8 games or other apps etc) But it's still happening every now and again. I don't think i've ever had to close all other applications prior to playing either game.

I've also posted on the BS2 stating that my issue remains with the Quick Serves. But forgot to mention the throwing out of the game

PurpleScorpion76
05-12-16, 03:36 AM
I've been playing for almost 2 years now and i've never had this issue before but for the last week or so probably since the latest update it keeps throwing me out of the game I'm lucky if I get to give my friends their recent requests. It's been happening with Bakery Story 2 as well for me but a bit longer than CS. I did close all other applications (whether they were S8 games or other apps etc) But it's still happening every now and again. I don't think i've ever had to close all other applications prior to playing either game.

I've also posted on the BS2 stating that my issue remains with the Quick Serves. But forgot to mention the throwing out of the game

I've just tried to get in the game again and with no other applications open and it threw me out at the Material Requests flash screen again. Timed events on both games and i'm struggling to play both. Not a happy bunny here!

SpiritWind00
05-12-16, 03:40 AM
I had a PM from a player with this exact question, so this was my response. Unfortunately none of these helped, but it doesn't mean it won't for you....

Crashing issues arise because:
1. Age of device.
2. Available Memory. Each update requires more free memory on your device. Given we just had an App Store update, this could contribute to the problem.
3. Time of day you play and other users of devices in your house connected to your wifi, even if not in use. This one is interesting. I find I get kicked out much less if the other devices have wifi turned off. If it annoys me too much I turn on my mobile data.
4. The ability for some players to get one S8 game over another seems quite random. I can't explain that enigma!
5. Clear out your photos and other apps you don't use and then clear your cache. You do that under settings on your device. What that does is removes all stored images of the games in memory. It can mean that when you open the game it initially takes longer as all images need to be reconstructed. But that works for some. Reinstalling won't help with connection issues, that's more about syncing issues and display issues, like graphics not loading properly.
6. Be mindful what kind of stuff you have on your board. ShibuyaCloth wrote an excellent piece of work about older devices and board layouts etc. That's in the Information Nugget section of the hub: no 11.
7. Support can help you store items if you want to try that avenue. Just tell them what you want stored. It may help give you a chance to keep your game open longer.

PurpleScorpion76
05-13-16, 06:23 AM
I had a PM from a player with this exact question, so this was my response. Unfortunately none of these helped, but it doesn't mean it won't for you....

Crashing issues arise because:
1. Age of device.
2. Available Memory. Each update requires more free memory on your device. Given we just had an App Store update, this could contribute to the problem.
3. Time of day you play and other users of devices in your house connected to your wifi, even if not in use. This one is interesting. I find I get kicked out much less if the other devices have wifi turned off. If it annoys me too much I turn on my mobile data.
4. The ability for some players to get one S8 game over another seems quite random. I can't explain that enigma!
5. Clear out your photos and other apps you don't use and then clear your cache. You do that under settings on your device. What that does is removes all stored images of the games in memory. It can mean that when you open the game it initially takes longer as all images need to be reconstructed. But that works for some. Reinstalling won't help with connection issues, that's more about syncing issues and display issues, like graphics not loading properly.
6. Be mindful what kind of stuff you have on your board. ShibuyaCloth wrote an excellent piece of work about older devices and board layouts etc. That's in the Information Nugget section of the hub: no 11.
7. Support can help you store items if you want to try that avenue. Just tell them what you want stored. It may help give you a chance to keep your game open longer.

I've tried all of these that I can but still no luck. :( It's very random when the game throws me out.

ShibuyaCloth
05-13-16, 07:57 AM
I've tried all of these that I can but still no luck. :( It's very random when the game throws me out.

Have you tried all this?
http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?90047-Nugget-11-How-to-play-on-old-devices

You must be really hard on what to keep. Total strip down of the game board.

PurpleScorpion76
05-13-16, 01:23 PM
I appreciate that, but i'm not prepared to do this. It's not throwing me out enough to warrant destroying the look of my kingdom. I should be upgrading my phone in a few weeks. So i'll wait to see what happens then. Besides it's only been happening since the last update and the same with BS2. No other apps get thrown out. If this is the only thing left to try, i'll wait til I get my new phone to see whether that's the issue.

ShibuyaCloth
05-13-16, 02:38 PM
Yes this version is not as stable as previous one. We had in the last years only one version which was a total miss, it was so bad that I had to fully store my board to open the game. Since the performance has improved. This one forces me to strip a lot.

PurpleScorpion76
05-14-16, 03:10 AM
It's funny i've just re-read my previous post and realised that i'm vain with my kingdom but not my own life. lol. It's a shame that people have to go to these lengths to play a game, considering people take a lot of pride in their kingdoms and it's part of the experience to log in and look at what you've created.

ShibuyaCloth
05-14-16, 06:22 AM
It's funny i've just re-read my previous post and realised that i'm vain with my kingdom but not my own life. lol. It's a shame that people have to go to these lengths to play a game, considering people take a lot of pride in their kingdoms and it's part of the experience to log in and look at what you've created.

:) I have only very very few games I play. This one is a good distraction between meeting, waiting for the train, etc. I could do without, but need another nice time ****er. I do not mind anymore having a bare bone kingdom.