PDA

View Full Version : What data is stored on the device?

Pennydredful
05-10-16, 05:02 PM
My device lists Dragon Story as having 1.4Gb of data stored, even though the app is only 217mb. I thought the data was internet based since a connection is required to play the game? Will my island be lost if I delete and reinstall the app to clear the data to free space on my phone?

Thanks for the help!

snowyhillz
05-10-16, 05:23 PM
My device lists Dragon Story as having 1.4Gb of data stored, even though the app is only 217mb. I thought the data was internet based since a connection is required to play the game? Will my island be lost if I delete and reinstall the app to clear the data to free space on my phone?

Thanks for the help!
The game is saved on s8 server so it's fine to delete and reinstall the app

Pennydredful
05-10-16, 05:45 PM
Thank you!

freesiawoods
05-10-16, 07:25 PM
It's getting bigger with each update, and probably with each new dragon displayed. The internet data is getting too much as well, I am only out of the house a few hours a day yet I'm starting to bust my monthly data limit, and half of it is used by DS! Which means I will likely have to stop playing the game soon.

zyfazix
05-11-16, 03:21 AM
I think the app stores every animation, egg image, dragon image etc that's used in any piece of content you played, that's why I clear it regularly (and my phone wants to keep 500MB free at any time to install or update apps, which is ridiculous)

Be careful when clearing app data though; if you clear it without having a Storm8 account you could lose all progress you've made in the game

freesiawoods
05-11-16, 07:32 AM
I think the app stores every animation, egg image, dragon image etc that's used in any piece of content you played, that's why I clear it regularly (and my phone wants to keep 500MB free at any time to install or update apps, which is ridiculous)

Be careful when clearing app data though; if you clear it without having a Storm8 account you could lose all progress you've made in the game

Wouldn't all that just reload when you open the app? The reason for storing the data on your phone is for faster loading isn't it? Else it would be like opening a newly installed version, stuff not displaying etc. I haven't tried clearing the app data myself though.

ladymakay
05-11-16, 11:21 AM
Wouldn't all that just reload when you open the app? The reason for storing the data on your phone is for faster loading isn't it? Else it would be like opening a newly installed version, stuff not displaying etc. I haven't tried clearing the app data myself though.

I clear data and uninstall app every time an update is available, I then download the latest version. The only thing I have to do is log in my S8 account . I've never had any problems and I know quite a few android players have issues with slow or freezing game play or unable to load, I haven't yet.
Oh and when there's offers to download S8 games to receive gold, I uninstall DS, download the offer , delete it and reinstall DS ☺☺.

kooky panda
05-11-16, 11:50 AM

Thanks for the help!
You will not lose your game if you delete and reinstall the application.
You may want to just go to your device and clear the cache or data first to see if this helps.

Note:

Elsa;1257479']When you initially download the game, you download the base images, animations, sounds, etc. When you encounter new images through game progress, content updates, and visiting the images are cached so that you're not downloading an image every time you encounter it. It's for performance and efficiency. This is common for online apps that receive regular updates.

You can clear cache to delete the cache. :)