PDA

View Full Version : Nest or gold dragon

snowyhillz
05-10-16, 03:14 PM
I currently have 3 nests and 6 gold giving dragons and I'm getting close to 1000 gold ..... I'm undecided whether to get a 4th nest or wait and get another dragon, looking for opinions on what to get :)

Another nest would be good for the events .... But... I also want the dragon for extra daily gold lol

freshfunin2008
05-10-16, 04:08 PM
Gold producing dragon for show

zyfazix
05-11-16, 03:04 AM
I'd wait till around 1800 gold. That way you can buy a nest and still have enough left to buy a gold dragon when they suddenly release one.

snowyhillz
05-11-16, 01:56 PM
I'd wait till around 1800 gold. That way you can buy a nest and still have enough left to buy a gold dragon when they suddenly release one.

If they release one is it half price? Thanks!

zyfazix
05-11-16, 02:17 PM
If they release one is it half price? Thanks!

Usually when they release a new gold dragon it's been on sale ranging from 600 to 840 gold. I could be off by a few but I've only seen three gold dragons released since I started playing

freshfunin2008
05-11-16, 02:51 PM
Usually when they release a new gold dragon it's been on sale ranging from 600 to 840 gold. I could be off by a few but I've only seen three gold dragons released since I started playing

They use to be 600 but I think the last one dropped for 800

Clark_Wayne
05-11-16, 04:02 PM
I currently have 3 nests and 6 gold giving dragons and I'm getting close to 1000 gold ..... I'm undecided whether to get a 4th nest or wait and get another dragon, looking for opinions on what to get :)

Another nest would be good for the events .... But... I also want the dragon for extra daily gold lol

my advice : wait for treasure Dragons sales. once you got all of them , then collect for them and buy the 4th nest. nest can't give you golds when treasure dragons do. they will help you faster to get the 4th nest, not the other way ;)

missourijan
05-12-16, 05:56 PM
If you breed two treasure dragons together do you get another?

snowyhillz
05-12-16, 06:01 PM
If you breed two treasure dragons together do you get another?

No, the gold giving dragons can not be bred.... They need to be bought with gold, I bought my first one with an iTunes card I was given and the subsequent ones I have gotten by saving my gold. At level 10 they give 5 gold a day

snowyhillz
05-12-16, 06:02 PM
my advice : wait for treasure Dragons sales. once you got all of them , then collect for them and buy the 4th nest. nest can't give you golds when treasure dragons do. they will help you faster to get the 4th nest, not the other way ;)

Thanks Wayne, that's a good idea :)

amerirish
05-13-16, 06:00 AM
Just keep in mind with the gold producing dragons: each dragon will give you 5 gold per day, but the habitats can only hold 5 gold maximum. That means if you have two dragons in one habitat you must collect from them at least 2 times per day in order to get all the possible gold. Have fun watching your gold stock rise :cool:

evilpinkpen
05-13-16, 05:51 PM
I have to admit that I don't really get the point of the gold dragons - at the rate of 5 gold/day, it will take months to earn back what you spent on them, even at the discount. Why do people bother? (I'm genuinely curious.)

snowyhillz
05-13-16, 06:25 PM
I have to admit that I don't really get the point of the gold dragons - at the rate of 5 gold/day, it will take months to earn back what you spent on them, even at the discount. Why do people bother? (I'm genuinely curious.)

I started playing in 2012 and My first one I got with an iTunes card I was given ... I currently have 6 which is 30 gold a day, those that have 11 will be getting 55 gold a day, it all depends if you think you will get long term enjoyment out of the game, even though I did take an extended break from the game for the last year I still really like the game. For me it is not all about the gold it produces it is also I get enjoyment from collecting the "treasure" dragons

snowyhillz
05-13-16, 06:34 PM
Just keep in mind with the gold producing dragons: each dragon will give you 5 gold per day, but the habitats can only hold 5 gold maximum. That means if you have two dragons in one habitat you must collect from them at least 2 times per day in order to get all the possible gold. Have fun watching your gold stock rise :cool:

Yes I know, for my 6 dragons I have 2 of the 10 gold habitats and 4 of the 5 gold habitats so that I only collect once a day, I will be ok until I get to 9 and then I will have to change it

zyfazix
05-14-16, 03:53 AM

It's an investment and you have to be patient to earn it back, but after that it's definitely worth it
Option A: don't buy a gold dragon and keep 840 gold. A year later you'll still only have that 840 gold.
Option B: spend 840 gold to buy a dragon, after a few days evolving it'll start to give 5 gold per day. After a year that's 365*5=1825 gold.