PDA

View Full Version : May Flowers Event May 10 2016

Pages : [1] 2 3

Clark_Wayne
05-10-16, 10:49 AM
http://forums.storm8.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=30808&d=1462902482 (http://forums.storm8.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=30808&d=1462902482)

the leaderboard just finished and the world event already started ! :eek:
let us have some breath !! LOL

ok I like it very much ...but I wasent prepaird for this event at all!!!! I was like expecting tale event.I cleard all my food all my nest and there is no watering can today for me ...ahhhh bummer.

----------------------------------------------
May Flowers event

Individual Prizes

Watering Can - 25 petunias
Petal Path - 300 petunias
Wallflower Windmill - 700 petunias
Sunshower Dragon - 1,350 petunias
Blossom Dragon - 2,850 petunias

Community Prizes

Floral Fence - 45,000,000
Cherry Tree - 110,000,000
Rainbow Rose Dragon - 190,000,000

Sunshower Dragon

Rarity: Super Rare
Type: Black Yellow
Habitat: Black Sands, Yellow Plateau
Available at: Level 20
Buying Price: 1,000 Gold
Selling Price: 100 Coin
Breeding & Incubation: 19 hours
Exp Gained: 195

Blossom Dragon

Type: Pink White Green
Habitat: Pink Prairie, White Meadow, Green Grove
Buying Price: 1,200 Gold
Breeding & Incubation: 21 hours

Rainbow Rose Dragon

Rarity: Rare
Type: Rainbow Green
Habitat: Rainbow Road, Green Grove
Breeding & Incubation: 16 hours

[

http://forums.storm8.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=30809&d=1462902800 (http://forums.storm8.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=30809&d=1462902800)

saghaven
05-10-16, 10:50 AM
Sheesh, no rest for the weary!

10 days. Three dragons still. No habitat in the event but Petal Plateau that holds purple, green and yellow dragons on sale in the market. Don't know what the dragons are or what elements they are. Quest requires Forest dragon.

hiabarara
05-10-16, 10:51 AM
A new World Event already, Jesus Christ. I mean I like them better than Dragon Tales Events (was honestly expecting one), but there's no break anymore. One event after another. If you honestly want to own all the dragons you can't really waste a single day anymore :eek:

edit: Picture of the associated habitat you can buy.

lenasdinner
05-10-16, 10:58 AM
ok I like it very much ...but I wasent prepaird for this event at all!!!! I was like expecting tale event.I cleard all my food all my nest and there is no watering can today for me ...ahhhh bummer.

May Flowers event

Individual Prizes

Watering Can - 25 petunias
Petal Path - 300 petunias
Wallflower Windmill - 700 petunias
Sunshower Dragon - 1,350 petunias
Blossom Dragon - 2,850 petunias

Community Prizes

Floral Fence - 45,000,000
Cherry Tree - 110,000,000
Rainbow Rose Dragon - 190,000,000

Sunshower Dragon

Type: Black Yellow
Habitat: Black Sands, Yellow Plateau
Breeding & Incubation: 19 hours

Blossom Dragon

Type: Pink White Green
Habitat: Pink Prairie, White Meadow, Green Grove
Buying Price: 1,200 Gold
Breeding & Incubation: 21 hours

Rainbow Rose Dragon

Rarity: Rare
Type: Rainbow Green
Habitat: Rainbow Road, Green Grove
Breeding & Incubation: 16 hours

Bastiaan0
05-10-16, 11:10 AM
Excellent moment to hatch Earth, Snowfall, Ember, Duchess, Mother and Mama, also have Crusader and Hot Chocolate on the nest :)

But 3 new dragons, again? Can't keep up with evolving this way :(

And, as always, will buy the habitat.

lnztrekfan
05-10-16, 11:12 AM
I seriously feel like I just finished a world event! :) lol I did last week! But I do like them sooo onto collecting flowers! Noticed that this time we send Forest dragon instead of fire. I recommend hatching a second forest to send on quests so if you need your higher level forest in arena he's ready for action! Good luck!!

DragonPhoenix6
05-10-16, 11:13 AM
I love these 3 new dragons and the new habitat (which I will buy of course!)

Very Happy to have a World Event with such stunning dragons that we will get for free! :-)

TwinkleTwiny
05-10-16, 11:17 AM
I like the new dragons and habitat a lot, very colorful

moonfate
05-10-16, 11:22 AM
I hope there's no bug with community points this time :) I'm just grateful it isn't a tales yet.

RafMikeyLeoDonnie
05-10-16, 11:27 AM
Does hatching in the Arctic Isles earn Pretty Petunias?

moonfate
05-10-16, 11:28 AM
Request!!!! Can you put the path decoration in the market too? I always feel like the reward is too few. :)

hiabarara
05-10-16, 11:30 AM
I just played my favorite game right now called "Let's take five minutes of my time to scroll through my storage, so I can find the Watering Can" :D Is our storage sorted by anything? I honestly don't see a pattern. it would be amazing if the newest items were right at the top.

amerirish
05-10-16, 11:31 AM
Good grief!! I feel like I should be getting paid for all of this work! I love new events and new dragons as much as the next DS-addict but a one day break (at least!) would be very much appreciated!! We hardly have time to catch our breath anymore!

Clark_Wayne
05-10-16, 11:35 AM
I just played my favorite game right now called "Let's take five minutes of my time to scroll through my storage, so I can find the Watering Can" :D Is our storage sorted by anything? I honestly don't see a pattern. it would be amazing if the newest items were right at the top.

LOL, i like your new game : i have the same on my land LOL

DragonPhoenix6
05-10-16, 11:35 AM

I definitely agree with hiabarara and I am a new player, level 111 but only started playing in January and my storage is already a mess!

I can only imagine how the storage of players that play for years must look like...

I understand that Storm8 will not give us the option to delete items in case we delete the wrong item, but what about giving us 4 or 5 subfolders in each of the 3 storage sections please!

That would be so helpful!

D_Raho
05-10-16, 11:57 AM
I wholeheartedly agree.

If we can't organize or delete things on our own at least automatically place them in some sort of easily identifiable order. Newest first would be divine.

amerirish
05-10-16, 11:58 AM
At the very least, please organize all storage items alphabetically. At least that would give us some way of navigating it better :(

tuffyjkitten
05-10-16, 12:07 PM
I'm happy it's a world event since I don't yet have enough food for a tales, but I just played the last week like a world event so yeah. It seems like I just did this! Oh well. Not gonna complain since I can build up my food but I'm close to habitat cap again and can't hatch everything from storage. Back to buying water eggs!

lenasdinner
05-10-16, 12:08 PM
we need 2,850 petunias for the last individual prize......that's 850 more that the last event:(:

Clark_Wayne
05-10-16, 12:56 PM
we need 2,850 petunias for the last individual prize......that's 850 more that the last event:(:

may be they expected us to buy some boosts ? LOL

bozotc19
05-10-16, 01:09 PM

Good observation.....that's 285/day. That's way too much, do they not expect us to sleep? Guess they think were unemployed and sleep in4 hour shifts, really?

Jackiesq
05-10-16, 01:09 PM
And 1 day less! So it's 1000 more! Usually it's about 185 a day, now 285!

freshfunin2008
05-10-16, 01:22 PM
Good luck everyone!!!!

random59
05-10-16, 01:34 PM

Seriously 285 petunias a day......how in hades are we supposed to achieve that?

random59
05-10-16, 01:45 PM
may be they expected us to buy some boosts ? LOL

Well that certainly aint happening on my game! I am sure that we used to get more days to play the events. I also note the community number of petunias has decreased while our personal tally has increased. I am not spending real money on this game.

bozotc19
05-10-16, 01:49 PM

I guess I will have to cancel my vacation....and everything else in my life!

Jackiesq
05-10-16, 02:08 PM
I guess I will have to cancel my vacation....and everything else in my life!

That's the feeling I get more and more... Thinking about cancel DS before DS takes over my life iso a game for relaxing...

snowyhillz
05-10-16, 02:23 PM
It's ok to take a break from an event or 2 ..... How I see it is you need to pick the ones that you want to do, if you are an all or nothing type of person and it's getting too much for you a break maybe just what you need.

For this one I will start with long 16 hour (edit:- I mean 20 hours, scaly pears) crops and an 8 hour to catch up, I have 3 nests which I can put water dragons on so check twice a day and I'll check the watering can and quest at least twice a day (morning/night minimum)

Farm 7x24=168. Nests 3x24=72. That is 240 a day without quests and watering can

ievuxia
05-10-16, 02:23 PM
That's the feeling I get more and more... Thinking about cancel DS before DS takes over my life iso a game for relaxing...

It's definitely become more like a job than a relaxing game, ugh.. I personally feel more and more stressed playing this game lately. And I don't like this feeling at all.

Grizzy91810
05-10-16, 02:25 PM
Now, last world event I started 2 days late and had to get 250 a day to make up the lost time and get all the prizes. (Which I managed to do). Now I am starting on time and I have to get 285 a day?!?!? Well, food will be 168 a day... That leaves 117 to be gotten by hatching, battles, questing and the water can. It just might be possible. But if they up the items needed next event no one will be able to get the final individual Dragon.

snowyhillz
05-10-16, 02:30 PM
It's definitely become more like a job than a relaxing game, ugh.. I personally feel more and more stressed playing this game lately. And I don't like this feeling at all.

It sounds like you need a break ...... Some people want the challenge of getting all the dragons and play the game for that, if you don't have the time and it's stressing you out its best to lower your personal goals and just go for certain dragons/events or take a total break

ievuxia
05-10-16, 02:40 PM
It sounds like you need a break ...... Some people want the challenge of getting all the dragons and play the game for that, if you don't have the time and it's stressing you out its best to lower your personal goals and just go for certain dragons/events or take a total break

I do have the time and I love this game and don't wanna miss out on such beautiful dragons, but a little break between the events would be much appreciated. Just like many other people said. It's just so much going on lately and we don't even have time to catch our breaths.

Jackiesq
05-10-16, 02:40 PM
It's ok to take a break from an event or 2 ..... How I see it is you need to pick the ones that you want to do, if you are an all or nothing type of person and it's getting too much for you a break maybe just what you need.

For this one I will start with long 16 hour crops and an 8 hour to catch up, I have 3 nests which I can put water dragons on so check twice a day and I'll check the watering can and quest at least twice a day (morning/night minimum)

You have a 16 hour crop in your game???

snowyhillz
05-10-16, 02:44 PM
You have a 16 hour crop in your game???

Oooops sorry, I mean 20 hour crop ... Scaly pears

Jackiesq
05-10-16, 02:48 PM
Oooops sorry, I mean 20 hour crop ... Scaly pears
So no 24 hours possible with 2 harvests a day! 😉 And I can't feed anything if I plant Scalypears... 😡

snowyhillz
05-10-16, 02:57 PM
So no 24 hours possible with 2 harvests a day! �� And I can't feed anything if I plant Scalypears... ��

Yes, it's a juggling act ..... Decisions.... Decisions .... For the first couple of days I'll go for the long crops then I'll probably swap to diamond dates and rush rooms to keep building up my food supplies

MaribouMay
05-10-16, 03:14 PM
Well that certainly aint happening on my game! I am sure that we used to get more days to play the events. I also note the community number of petunias has decreased while our personal tally has increased. I am not spending real money on this game.

I thought it was curious that the community numbers were down while the individual numbers got jacked up. Makes me think that they expect a lot of people to give up on the final individual prize. I firmly believe the community numbers are tweaked and stopped worrying about community prizes long ago.

With 2 nests, I average about 230-235 items per day planting 1 & 5 hour crops making me 50 items short per day. I am not going to spend 50 gold per day or buy another nest (which still wouldn't get me there). I also am not interested in planting 20 hour crops and getting very low food production. The game is moving away from how I like to play with the competition of the leaderboards and the pressure to spend more and more gold. After more than 3 years playing this game, I am losing interest.

bozotc19
05-10-16, 03:27 PM

For this one I will start with long 16 hour (edit:- I mean 20 hours, scaly pears) crops and an 8 hour to catch up, I have 3 nests which I can put water dragons on so check twice a day and I'll check the watering can and quest at least twice a day (morning/night minimum)

So you need 3 nests to complete this task and they increased the cost of a nest to500 gold! And you have to be on call for this game 24hr/day! tL may have pushed a little to hard in their greed. They are making it easy to walk away from this game. This is just getting ridiculous.

snowyhillz
05-10-16, 03:37 PM
So you need 3 nests to complete this task and they increased the cost of a nest to500 gold! And you have to be on call for this game 24hr/day! tL may have pushed a little to hard in their greed. They are making it easy to walk away from this game. This is just getting ridiculous.

For games I like to have challenge and goals to achieve .... I have Worked to get the extra nests and save for gold giving dragons, I like the style that the game has taken, I took a break from the game last year because there was not enough variety but since I've been back the last couple of months I've been enjoying the events

As in life you can not please all the people all of the time and for a game like this to be successful I think you need to keep giving challenging things to do, you need to cater to a broad player base and different levels.......

freshfunin2008
05-10-16, 04:06 PM
If that last individual number is correct it is out right crazy. Good luck on that one TL

bozotc19
05-10-16, 04:06 PM
I'm glad you got the time and money for these challenges, but I a married with a job and am leaving on vacation next Thursday. I will take break for a month and see where this game has gone when I get back. If the course of this game continues as it has, I will not be back. I'm assuming that most people,based on feedback here, are pissed and will leave the game as well. Too bad TL doesn't listen to its patrons. Good luck to those who continue on.

lnztrekfan
05-10-16, 04:15 PM
If I'm correct. These are numbers I can up with. Assuming 1 nest and 7 large farms.
7 farms planted 24 hrs per day for 10 days = 1680 flowers (mix it up however you want)
1 nest using water dragon (12 hr hatch) 12 hrs x 2 per day x 10 days = 240 flowers
Questing gives 8 flowers per 3 hrs. 8 x 5 quest/day x 10 days = 400 flowers
Collecting gives 5 flowers per 4 hrs. 5 x 4 collection/day x 10 days = 200 flowers
Total of 2520 flowers. You will have to battle and win at least 165x. (I'm getting 2 flowers per battle) To get a total of 2850.

Can someone please check my numbers because this seems off?

chitown25
05-10-16, 04:39 PM
Something told me to plant scaly pears but whatevs. 2,850 for the last dragon is kind of much

bozotc19
05-10-16, 04:45 PM
If I'm correct. These are numbers I can up with. Assuming 1 nest and 7 large farms.
7 farms planted 24 hrs per day for 10 days = 1680 flowers (mix it up however you want)
1 nest using water dragon (12 hr hatch) 12 hrs x 2 per day x 10 days = 240 flowers
Questing gives 8 flower per 3 hrs. 8 x 5 quest/day x 10 days = 400 flowers
Collecting gives 5 flowers per 4 hrs. 5 x 4 collection/day x 10 days = 200 flowers
Total of 2520 flowers. You will have to battle and win at least 165x. To get a total of 2850.

Yep, your numbers are right...its just plain stupid...oh and don't get sick or go to church or visit friends. Plus, if you are breeding water dragons nonstop for 10 days, you will not be getting any new dragons which is kinda what the game is all about! Oh, and don't forget to have fun!

mbyte68
05-10-16, 04:57 PM

i feel the same took me best part of 5mins to find mine :/

snowyhillz
05-10-16, 04:58 PM
I only use water/air eggs for empty nests.... I would suggest doing normal breeding,

tuffyjkitten
05-10-16, 05:00 PM
Yep, your numbers are right...its just plain stupid...oh and don't get sick or go to church or visit friends. Plus, if you are breeding water dragons nonstop for 10 days, you will not be getting any new dragons which is kinda what the game is all about! Oh, and don't forget to have fun!

Exactly!! Is that a problem? :confused:

No really, these back to back events are just too much. Would it really hurt their bottom line if they waited until Friday to start this event? Give everyone a chance to breathe and do normal ordinary game play? I have skipped events just for this reason in several games, and it did make me happier. I was able to clear out goals and do expansions and build up coins and whatnot without the constant timer in my face. World events don't alter my gameplay much so I will just keep doing what I do, and see how far I get. I have 12 dragons in storage due to space and habitat issues, so if I miss out on something here it isn't the end of the world.

Good luck everyone, and try to have fun!

jichelle3
05-10-16, 05:13 PM

lol its not part of the game? you know an extra side step from the main goal/challenge ^_^

jichelle3
05-10-16, 05:18 PM
Exactly!! Is that a problem? :confused:

No really, these back to back events are just too much. Would it really hurt their bottom line if they waited until Friday to start this event? Give everyone a chance to breathe and do normal ordinary game play? I have skipped events just for this reason in several games, and it did make me happier. I was able to clear out goals and do expansions and build up coins and whatnot without the constant timer in my face. World events don't alter my gameplay much so I will just keep doing what I do, and see how far I get. I have 12 dragons in storage due to space and habitat issues, so if I miss out on something here it isn't the end of the world.

Good luck everyone, and try to have fun!

i play these games to RELAX. I already have a very stressful job. its not worth it to stress about these events too. I do love the new dragons and a bit of a challenge is fun, but this is just ridiculous.
I'm going to follow my husbands advice and just play like normal too and see how far I get.
it would be wonderful to honestly just have a few days off without an event, challenge, tournament, or goal tho.

whitewineglass
05-10-16, 05:46 PM
I do like these events.. but I feel like they are coming up too fast
It's getting kinda stressful, it'd be great if there's some time in between
I just feel like I'll never have time to breed the dragons I want...

lnztrekfan
05-10-16, 05:51 PM

Aww man I was kinda hoping I was off. That means I'm out before the event begins cause I can't win that many battles in a month much less 10 days. I'm currently hatching mama. I won with 4400 points. And my favorite part is getting new dragons so I won't keep my one nest filled with water dragons. Only throw on a dragon if my breeding isn't ready so I don't lose any time. But since I know I can't win. I'm going to take it easy and not even worry about the flowers. Good luck to everyone!

snowyhillz
05-10-16, 06:09 PM
Aww man I was kinda hoping I was off. That means I'm out before the event begins cause I can't win that many battles in a month much less 10 days. I'm currently hatching mama. I won with 4400 points. And my favorite part is getting new dragons so I won't keep my one nest filled with water dragons. Only throw on a dragon if my breeding isn't ready so I don't lose any time. But since I know I can't win. I'm going to take it easy and not even worry about the flowers. Good luck to everyone!

The only reason to buy water eggs is if your nest/s are unoccupied for 12 hours, I always do normal breeding and buy an air egg if the nest is free for a couple of hours, and water egg only to fill spare nests

lnztrekfan
05-10-16, 06:17 PM
The only reason to buy water eggs is if your nest/s are unoccupied for 12 hours, I always do normal breeding and buy an air egg if the nest is free for a couple of hours, and water egg only to fill spare nests

Yes. I agree. In my example for flower numbers possible I used water dragon as example because it's 12 hrs. So that would be easiest for people to put on and check once or twice a day. But I use air if I have only a couple hrs before breeding pair is ready, unless I'm going to sleep and my pair isn't ready. Then I throw on a water dragon. Because I'm not getting up in the middle of the night to get them off the roost!;) I only have the one nest. If I had more I'd probably use the water dragon to keep it filled. Good luck picking flowers! :)

puppyzt
05-10-16, 06:44 PM
Checking numbers:
Farms 7x 24= 168
Nest 1x24 =24
Quest (24/3) x 8=64
Collect 24 hrs/4hrs= 6 times daily 6 x 5 flowers = 30 flowers daily
168+24+64+30=286
With out battling.
I'm ok? Correct me if I'm wrong.
Thanks.

puppyzt
05-10-16, 06:51 PM
Also, they maybe will set a tournament and maybe we can win double flowers.
Or I'm having high expectations?

Niire
05-10-16, 07:14 PM

There will be one Friday...

snowyhillz
05-10-16, 07:37 PM
Checking numbers:
Farms 7x 24= 168
Nest 1x24 =24
Quest (24/3) x 8=64
Collect 24 hrs/4hrs= 6 times daily 6 x 5 flowers = 30 flowers daily
168+24+64+30=286
With out battling.
I'm ok? Correct me if I'm wrong.
Thanks.
Quest and watering can figures are a bit high unless you only sleep for 3 -4 hours at a time and can check through the day

retseho
05-10-16, 07:47 PM

Thats compensated by more items+shorter hours for each Quest/Water Can collection. Battles gave 2 items per win even in normal battles. These changes started from the previous WE.
However I agree, s8 is pushing us to play DS
for more hours than we want.

lnztrekfan
05-10-16, 07:48 PM
Puppyzt like Snowyhillz said your numbers are correct. You can technically collect 8 quests a day and watering cans 6. In my posts with numbers I only posted 5 quests and 4 can collections because I thought it was doable and realistic. I for one am not getting up in the middle of the night to collect. Been there and done that on Farm story for pets and it is draining. But you are correct that it's theoretically possible to collect that many just not realistically achievable for people who have to work, sleep, and have a life outside of the game.

lnztrekfan
05-10-16, 07:57 PM

I'm already getting 2 flowers per battle which is what I think I got when there was a tournament. If they double it this time that would be 4 so that would actually help. Do you remember if we actually got 4 for the tournament when it was during the world event?

amerirish
05-10-16, 08:05 PM
Does anyone else find the irony/hypocrisy to be pretty insane: first we have a Leaderboard event where we are trying to climb over top of each other to win one or two available prizes and literally minutes later we are working together to collect a bunch of points to win prizes for everyone? Is it just me that finds this to be sort of psychotic? :confused:

JCG812
05-10-16, 08:13 PM
Rainbow Rose... Me likey!!!

lenasdinner
05-10-16, 08:48 PM

roguebee
05-10-16, 08:51 PM
Questing gives 8 flowers per 3 hrs. 8 x 5 quest/day x 10 days = 400 flowers
Total of 2520 flowers. You will have to battle and win at least 165x. (I'm getting 2 flowers per battle) To get a total of 2850.

Numbers look fine. I just can't imagine having to win 16 arena battles a day for the next 10 days, knowing there is a tournament coming up. A second nest makes a difference, but I'm still looking at winning 6-7 battles a day. And checking into the game a lot more than I would want to do.

ps. should have waited a couples of minutes to post. 1850 is very achievable, if the new number is correct.

Jackiesq
05-10-16, 08:53 PM
OK DEAR PEOPLE.....NOW YOU CAN CALM DOWN.THERE WAS A MISSTAKE IN NUMBERS AND THEY CORECTED WRIGHT.
WE NEED ONLY 1,850 PETALS FOR LAST INDIVIDUAL PRIZE.
Now you can go to church have drinks with your friends...... and have a bit of life.
Enjoy your game and catch thouse dragons.

Who corrected it? S8 in gamedata or players on the forumsites?
Can S8 gives an answer about the real number we need?

lnztrekfan
05-10-16, 08:55 PM
OK DEAR PEOPLE.....NOW YOU CAN CALM DOWN.THERE WAS A MISSTAKE IN NUMBERS AND THEY CORECTED WRIGHT.
WE NEED ONLY 1,850 PETALS FOR LAST INDIVIDUAL PRIZE.
Now you can go to church have drinks with your friends...... and have a bit of life.
Enjoy your game and catch thouse dragons.

Are you for real?! That's awesome! Yay!! Thank you so much lenasdinner!!!

I agree roguebee! 1850 is very achievable! so now that Blossom dragon is coming home with me! :) lenasdinner just made me so happy! :)

lenasdinner
05-10-16, 09:00 PM

People from one DS site that allways help us thru events.maybe it was just wright wrong who knows.S8 can give us real number only if thay see it here and give us an answer.
But logicly I think this is more correct.because it was really imposible to make it first number even for me who I play every houer.
come on S8 is not that greed thay just make it to survive........

Jackiesq
05-10-16, 09:16 PM
People from one DS site that allways help us thru events.maybe it was just wright wrong who knows.S8 can give us real number only if thay see it here and give us an answer.
But logicly I think this is more correct.because it was really imposible to make it first number even for me who I play every houer.
come on S8 is not that greed thay just make it to survive........
I also think it must be a typo, checked the data that forum uses because of that. But the number in the used gamedata there is 2850! So we need S8 to tell us it was wrong in data and that it's changed to 1850 in the game before we know for sure.

chitown25
05-10-16, 09:54 PM
Does anyone else find the irony/hypocrisy to be pretty insane: first we have a Leaderboard event where we are trying to climb over top of each other to win one or two available prizes and literally minutes later we are working together to collect a bunch of points to win prizes for everyone? Is it just me that finds this to be sort of psychotic? :confused:

I find it more when people complain about their not being enough world events, dragon tail events, and arena matches yet when we get them its too soon.

snowyhillz
05-10-16, 10:56 PM
S8 won't give an answer because it is grayed out until we get there

Elspelsie
05-11-16, 02:46 AM
We don't get a break?? Oh well, gotta toe the mark.

bakerystoe
05-11-16, 04:21 AM
Guys, We just have ten days to get to 2850:( We may not get this if you don't have 285 points everyday. A little but change huh

bakerystoe
05-11-16, 04:22 AM
I just get 165 from the farms and nests... So my advice for you is just play everyday, plant everyday. It quite harder and also we don't have little break.. This is such a hurry for us..

bakerystoe
05-11-16, 04:27 AM
I love these 3 new dragons and the new habitat (which I will buy of course!)

Very Happy to have a World Event with such stunning dragons that we will get for free! :-)
I might gonna say it's a no. We have a really little time everyday to get it without spending golds to reach 285 points everyday, you may not get blossom the Dragon."

moonfate
05-11-16, 04:38 AM
We don't earn the community prize, were given them. Always have been. Watch the points go up. On the 9th day we'll have like 100 mil, after 9 days, then in 1 day we'll get the last 100 mil. The numbers have never added up. We get WAY to many points on the last day for that to be legit.

While I agree, I feel we should stop taking their help for granted. They may stop tweaking the numbers and just offer us the last community prize later in a value pack after not earning enough on our own.

amerirish
05-11-16, 05:40 AM
We don't earn the community prize, were given them. Always have been. Watch the points go up. On the 9th day we'll have like 100 mil, after 9 days, then in 1 day we'll get the last 100 mil. The numbers have never added up. We get WAY to many points on the last day for that to be legit.

I disagree with you; if no one participated then I do not believe we would get the last prize. I think we are helped along by TL but only if we are actively participating.

I find it more when people complain about their not being enough world events, dragon tail events, and arena matches yet when we get them its too soon.

I'm on here (the boards) a whole lot and I never see people complaining about not enough events. I do see many complaints about the type of event (coughleaderboardcough) and the overload of new content such as Limited Time Dragons that are released during events/tourneys/etc. Players seem to be getting burned out & I am right there too. The only complaints I read about there not being enough of something refer to gold sales.

bakerystoe
05-11-16, 06:05 AM
I disagree with you; if no one participated then I do not believe we would get the last prize. I think we are helped along by TL but only if we are actively participating.
That's what I think about too! If no one played, we wouldn't get the last prize. although there are some magical thing so that we can get the last community prize.

I'm on here (the boards) a whole lot and I never see people complaining about not enough events. I do see many complaints about the type of event (coughleaderboardcough) and the overload of new content such as Limited Time Dragons that are released during events/tourneys/etc. Players seem to be getting burned out & I am right there too. The only complaints I read about there not being enough of something refer to gold sales.

That's how TL doing! we can't change:)on the other hand, TL do need to deleted some of the old dragons, then they can limited them so we can get it again(An overload data, Huh) I might gonna say this is a game for rich people because we have to spend lots of money in order to get the CUTEST dragon.

lildvil
05-11-16, 06:15 AM
Yay another event! Although I love the community event the best..how are we suppose to get loads of flowers in 10 days or less...I kinda miss the days when the community events were long (30 days). And back then we got the themed habitat as part of the reward, now we have to "buy" it. Would be nice if they did that again someday, but I doubt it...oh well! Good luck everyone with event!

Kennedward
05-11-16, 07:02 AM
182 now

No break in between means keep playing unless you don't want the dragon prizes lol

tuffyjkitten
05-11-16, 09:37 AM
I think people complained when the events were once every few months or so because there was too much downtime. Now there is no downtime. I don't see why we can't find a happy medium. Events only start one day a week instead of 2, let the other be for new dragons. So leaderboard ended Tuesday, have a new dragon on Friday, then start world event the following Tuesday. Give people a chance to breed for new or limited dragons, evolve what they have, grow more food, etc.

Personally I stopped mining for dragons and seriously competing in tournaments months ago. Was just too much with everything else going on. And most of my new dragons are level 1, no food to evolve them because it all must be saved up for Tales. And it isn't just this game....if you play more than 1 of these story games you are doing this all the time in every game at the same time! I play 6....complete overload.

I'm sooooo looking forward to the road trip we are taking in a week or so. My game iPad doesnt have a network connection so only runs on free wifi or if I'm home. No access on the road so no games to play! True vacation! :)

justinbieber4444
05-11-16, 10:06 AM
Sorry but I DON'T like the new habitat or dragons. I'll work the event and keep them in storage but something a little cooler would be nice! There's only so many springy or flowery dragons I can take!!!! Lol

Bastiaan0
05-11-16, 10:28 AM
Just harvested the first round of scalypears, getting to 296 petunias, so the petal paths will be mine in about 40 minutes.
Although 1850 for the last individual prize seems more consistant with prior events, I wouldn't be surprised if it actually is 2850... so unless someone from S8 or from this forum confirms the real amount, I'll try to get to 1350 as soon as possible to make sure.
So even though I hate scalypears (too much time for too little food), I keep planting those for now. ;)

lenasdinner
05-11-16, 10:30 AM
after one day of this event I menage to collect 288 petals.and I was on it 24h.this is going to be hard one since we dont know for shure how much we need for last individual prize.and that's like dont lose any battle.
I really don't know how can someone win this if dosen't have internet conection all the time.this is really mean from S8 if the 2.850 is correct number,and I really try to be on their side and to understand but thay just don't let me.
I supose have to wait until we get Sunshower Dragon and see the reall number,until then I need to work as a med man.maybe I should try and skip some of the events,but for this one it's a bit unfair to other players who really like to win Rainbow Rose Dragon. and for other events there is allways something that you would like to have/win.they just know how to get you.
I for now made a peace with leadherboard event and I play it with a flow,because there is no win for me in that event.so that's one break for me for now.(who know what we can expect in the future)

kooky panda
05-11-16, 11:16 AM
after one day of this event I menage to collect 288 petals.and I was on it 24h.this is going to be hard one since we dont know for shure how much we need for last individual prize.and that's like dont lose any battle.
I really don't know how can someone win this if dosen't have internet conection all the time.this is really mean from S8 if the 2.850 is correct number,and I really try to be on their side and to understand but thay just don't let me.
I supose have to wait until we get Sunshower Dragon and see the reall number,until then I need to work as a med man.maybe I should try and skip some of the events,but for this one it's a bit unfair to other players who really like to win Rainbow Rose Dragon. and for other events there is allways something that you would like to have/win.they just know how to get you.
I for now made a peace with leadherboard event and I play it with a flow,because there is no win for me in that event.so that's one break for me for now.(who know what we can expect in the future)

I check did on this and the last individual prize requires 2,850 Pretty Petunias. :)

kooky panda
05-11-16, 11:21 AM
To clarify to avoid false rumors, Storm 8 does not give out the community prizes. If players do not earn enough points, then we will not get the prizes.

Please note that sometimes players will use a third party sites for game information. These sites are not part of Storm 8 , so information from these sites may sometimes be incorrect.
To confirm:
Last individual prize requires 2,850 Pretty Petunias. :)

ladymakay
05-11-16, 11:28 AM
to clarify to avoid false rumors, storm 8 does not give out the community prizes. If players do not earn enough points, then we will not get the prizes.

Please note that sometimes players will use a third party sites for game information. These sites are not part of storm 8 , so information from these sites may sometimes be incorrect.
To confirm:
Last individual prize requires 2,850 pretty petunias. :)

thank you, kooky.

Bastiaan0
05-11-16, 11:45 AM
I check did on this and the last individual prize requires 2,850 Pretty Petunias. :)

Ouch :( Thank you for checking on this, and as said, I'm not surprised, but... ouch :(

lenasdinner
05-11-16, 12:00 PM

thanks Kooky for responding my message.:)

freshfunin2008
05-11-16, 12:07 PM
Is it really possible to get 285 in a day? I am not sure about that.

puppyzt
05-11-16, 12:08 PM
Puppyzt like Snowyhillz said your numbers are correct. You can technically collect 8 quests a day and watering cans 6. In my posts with numbers I only posted 5 quests and 4 can collections because I thought it was doable and realistic. I for one am not getting up in the middle of the night to collect. Been there and done that on Farm story for pets and it is draining. But you are correct that it's theoretically possible to collect that many just not realistically achievable for people who have to work, sleep, and have a life outside of the game.

Soo true. You only sleep four hrs. just to get the flowers. Well maybe just having more than one nest we can achieve the final dragon.
Very frustrating.

belarica
05-11-16, 12:08 PM

It's possible with serious dedication. I ended the first day with about 300.

RafMikeyLeoDonnie
05-11-16, 12:14 PM

+1 here

lenasdinner
05-11-16, 12:20 PM

it is....some players allready did,you can reed it here.I did get 288 (in 24h)but you really can't miss a thing.I'm just worried about turnament witch starts on friday,there will be a lot lost battels:(.it is what it is....will try and what ever happens happens.

luckyaa7
05-11-16, 12:29 PM
I got 291 in 26 hours(it shows I have 8 days and 22 hours left). So I guess it's doable but not sure whether I can keep doing this everyday. Also, i had eggs already on the nests for few hours before the events started so I cannot say for sure that I can get 285 a day for the next 8 days...

PinkBubbles75
05-11-16, 12:44 PM
I have 239 right now. I really want the last individual prize... I'm gonna have to plant 5 hour crops or something to fill that 4 hour gap from the 20 hour crops to get as many flowers as I can in 24 hours. I don't know if I can get 285 flowers a day though...

random59
05-11-16, 12:57 PM
I have 239 right now. I really want the last individual prize... I'm gonna have to plant 5 hour crops or something to fill that 4 hour gap from the 20 hour crops to get as many flowers as I can in 24 hours. I don't know if I can get 285 flowers a day though...

It is possible, on the last day of an event I have my farms planted out with scalypears and my nests full so when I wake and a new event has started I am up and running, then plant a 5 hour crop followed by another 20 hour crop. As for my flowers now the count is 485.

Ilsadrago
05-11-16, 02:32 PM
I'm fairly new at this. I've been playing since November and i'm obsessed with this game! I like all the events because I get new dragons, even if I don't get them all. I have a question about crops for this event. Do we earn flowers for the number of crops harvested or the number of hours it takes? I always plant upbeets during the day and diamondates before I go to bed. Would I be better off planting g crops that take longer to harvest?

freshfunin2008
05-11-16, 02:47 PM

Is that with 1, 2, 3 or 4 nest. I don't have 4 nests.

freshfunin2008
05-11-16, 02:54 PM
Now, last world event I started 2 days late and had to get 250 a day to make up the lost time and get all the prizes. (Which I managed to do). Now I am starting on time and I have to get 285 a day?!?!? Well, food will be 168 a day... That leaves 117 to be gotten by hatching, battles, questing and the water can. It just might be possible. But if they up the items needed next event no one will be able to get the final individual Dragon.

This assumes everyone has 3 or 4 nests and most don't

RafMikeyLeoDonnie
05-11-16, 03:07 PM
Is that with 1, 2, 3 or 4 nest. I don't have 4 nests.

Can't speak for belarica, but my 300+ in day 1 was with 2 nests.

belarica
05-11-16, 03:47 PM

I have 3 nests, you're more productive than me I guess :o

Ilsadrago
05-11-16, 04:04 PM
Sorry, I meant Rushrooms during the day.

freshfunin2008
05-11-16, 04:10 PM

Good to know. I think I had the bad luck of emptying my nests and harvesting my food before the event started.

lnztrekfan
05-11-16, 04:23 PM
I'm fairly new at this. I've been playing since November and i'm obsessed with this game! I like all the events because I get new dragons, even if I don't get them all. I have a question about crops for this event. Do we earn flowers for the number of crops harvested or the number of hours it takes? I always plant upbeets during the day and diamondates before I go to bed. Would I be better off planting g crops that take longer to harvest?

You get 1 flower for every hour planted. It's easier to plant 20 hrs so there is no lost time, but the trade off is you don't get nearly as many apples to feed. If you can set an alarm for every time your farms are ready to harvest you also won't miss any time. Also wanted to say Welcome to the game! Hope you have fun! :)

lnztrekfan
05-11-16, 04:25 PM
Would it be possible for one of the moderators to find out the exact number needed for the final Blossom Dragon. Thank you so much for any answer you could give. :)

kooky panda
05-11-16, 04:31 PM
Would it be possible for one of the moderators to find out the exact number needed for the final Blossom Dragon. Thank you so much for any answer you could give. :)

Last individual prize requires 2,850 Pretty Petunias.

candylou36
05-11-16, 05:22 PM
Hi, I have a question for all of you. Have you bought a package and got it and if a dragon was in the pack hatched it and not received the dragon you bought when hatched.

belarica
05-11-16, 05:25 PM
Hi, I have a question for all of you. Have you bought a package and got it and if a dragon was in the pack hatched it and not received the dragon you bought when hatched.

What's the question?? You bought a value pack, hatched the dragon and now can't find it?

candylou36
05-11-16, 05:36 PM
No I purchashed a Camalot Dragon and put it in the nest to hatch and when it was ready to be put in the nest it was a differnt dragon. I have 2 nests and one was a Tree Frog and the other was an Island Dragon not the Camelot Dragon. I put in a complaint and so far no resolution. Has this happened to anyone eles.

groovyedwin
05-11-16, 05:40 PM
My math:
7 farms 24 hours/day is 1680 after 10 days
1 hatching nest 24 hours/day is 240 after 10 days (1920 running total)
1 watering can is 5/4 hours or 30/day is 285 after 9 1/2 days (2205 running total)
1 quest temple is 8/3 hours or 64/day is 640 after 10 days (2845 running total)
Add in battle areana and no sleep and you get it.

My opinion is that you can kiss your sweet petunia bye bye.

groovyedwin
05-11-16, 05:41 PM
No I purchashed a Camalot Dragon and put it in the nest to hatch and when it was ready to be put in the nest it was a differnt dragon. I have 2 nests and one was a Tree Frog and the other was an Island Dragon not the Camelot Dragon. I put in a complaint and so far no resolution. Has this happened to anyone eles.

Not quite the same, but folks have had an egg hatch to find out it was sterile afterwards (no dragon came out)

belarica
05-11-16, 05:49 PM
Not quite the same, but folks have had an egg hatch to find out it was sterile afterwards (no dragon came out)

What? I've never heard of that

candylou36
05-11-16, 05:52 PM
Ok. Thanks for the help with my question. Have a good day/ night all.

lnztrekfan
05-11-16, 06:19 PM
Last individual prize requires 2,850 Pretty Petunias.

Thanks Kooky for responding. It's good to know for 100% that I don't have a chance to get the final prize since I only have 1 nest. Will just relax and not bother. No offense towards you but to storm8 that number is ridiculous and not realistic.

belarica
05-11-16, 07:04 PM
So the players generate more petals on the final day, that the first 9 days. I find that really hard to believe. I'll take pictures of these things to prove my point. Out of every event we always hit the last milestone around the same time. The amount of petals generated from the last day is crazy. We'd reach the total in a few days at the rate we get them on the last day.

I feel like you're putting your foot in your mouth.

snowyhillz
05-11-16, 08:24 PM
How so? You ever see how many points we get during the last day during these events? You ever study these events?

IF s8 do contribute at the end I don't have a problem with it......... I'm sure a lot of people would have a problem with not reaching the last community goal after the amount of work that goes into it. And I'm really not sure what the issue is?? Do you think they shouldn't top it up at the end?

MaribouMay
05-11-16, 08:32 PM
My math:
7 farms 24 hours/day is 1680 after 10 days
1 hatching nest 24 hours/day is 240 after 10 days (1920 running total)
1 watering can is 5/4 hours or 30/day is 285 after 9 1/2 days (2205 running total)
1 quest temple is 8/3 hours or 64/day is 640 after 10 days (2845 running total)
Add in battle areana and no sleep and you get it.

My opinion is that you can kiss your sweet petunia bye bye.

Amen.

This assumes one is ready and able to complete each task the moment it is complete. That is a completely unrealistic ask of us. I personally plan to sleep and have some measure of a life. Clearly they want us to spend gold or preferably cash. As someone who has a lot of beautiful dragons she want to see leveled up (I plant 1 & 5 hour crops for higher food yield), I can pass on Blossom. If they want me to work harder, or spend money, they need to introduce a new element or an unbelievable combo. I am willing to spend gold and money, but on my terms.

belarica
05-11-16, 08:46 PM
How so? You ever see how many points we get during the last day during these events? You ever study these events?

I don't see how you're helping the community by arguing with kooky about them tweaking the numbers in our favor. I'd rather accept their help with grace than make a deal about it. I'd rather not lose the last dragon because the team is trying to prove a point.

random59
05-11-16, 10:45 PM
I do believe that we have had a higher end target personally to obtain, maybe it was a Christmas one as I don't have one of the dragons on a much lower level game but I think that maybe we had a little bit longer time wise! Can anyone remember please?

zaccy678
05-12-16, 12:34 AM
I know I won't have a chance of getting the final dragon... Which is sad :( cos she is very pretty...

But, I did get Mama, and I just bred my first Saturn! So that's exciting :o

TwinkleTwiny
05-12-16, 04:21 AM
It is really difficult to keep up with. 507 petals so far having constantly my 3 nests busy and battling

bakerystoe
05-12-16, 06:04 AM
Oh no we have to spend money to get BLOSSOM

bakerystoe
05-12-16, 06:10 AM
[QUOTE=SexySasquatch;1293806]I don't see how they're trying to help the community by giving us leader board events that are just money grabs, or collection events that most normal people will never be able to complete. In 4 years, this will be the second event I don't think we'll be able to complete. They increase the points and lower the time to get people to buy and spend gold. How's that helping us? In these events, were always 500-1000 over the last dragon by the end without dropping 1 gold on the event. That's not going to happen this time..[\QUOTE/]

because of the original habits of the game which is doing your everyday stuffs then you can collect your last prize dragon, now TL upgraded and we have to spend golds for it.

Kennedward
05-12-16, 06:12 AM
388 now

belarica
05-12-16, 06:22 AM
I don't see how they're trying to help the community by giving us leader board events that are just money grabs, or collection events that most normal people will never be able to complete. In 4 years, this will be the second event I don't think we'll be able to complete. They increase the points and lower the time to get people to buy and spend gold. How's that helping us? In these events, were always 500-1000 over the last dragon by the end without dropping 1 gold on the event. That's not going to happen this time.

1st event we lost was a tourney where we spent 2.5 days against the round 21 dragon, we had over 70 level 10 dragons at the time (10 was the cap).

I wasn't talking about leaderboards or the personal prizes. I'm strictly talking about the community dragon, which everyone can achieve if we work together.

blackeneddove
05-12-16, 06:42 AM
The raise in # of items needed to collect the final individual prize is the result of sharing on the forums. Last time the # needed was fairly low and many shared that they had already achieved it several days in advance of the end of the event, but were worried about getting the community dragon. So, naturally S8 reversed this. If it was so easy for so many, (and a few who bragged about how many points they had) then I'm sure S8 decided to make it more challenging for the players. Of course, this also helps them in that now we have to spend gold if hope to obtain the last individual prize. :(

I just want to say...sometimes people can share too much information. Just my opinion. :rolleyes:

DeeDe99
05-12-16, 06:47 AM
I'm on target at the end of the second day, but that is with three nests constantly occupied.

We have to accept that there will always be part or parts of the game that is targetted specifically to generate revenue. It is the business model and widespread across the industry. It will never be that everything is free. Nor would that be a reasonable expectation.

What I believe IS a reasonable expectation is an improvement in the breeding odds.

While I don't particularly like the business model because I have underlying ethical concerns, unfortunately it is virtually impossible to find a game I like that can be bought outright with all content paid for in the product price and enhancements covered by an annual maintenance fee. Other than the game console type products, which don't appeal to me. Unless the gaming community en masse refuses to support the F2P business model, we are stuck with it because it has proven successful for so many companies globally. In a nutshell, I don't think S8 are being any more "difficult" than many other companies in this market. It seems most are adopting similar approaches to encouraging purchasing of "premium" content. Which, let's face it, makes sense from the company's perspective.

DeeDe99
05-12-16, 06:51 AM
The raise in # of items needed to collect the final individual prize is the result of sharing on the forums. Last time the # needed was fairly low and many shared that they had already achieved it several days in advance of the end of the event, but were worried about getting the community dragon. So, naturally S8 reversed this. If it was so easy for so many, (and a few who bragged about how many points they had) then I'm sure S8 decided to make it more challenging for the players. Of course, this also helps them in that now we have to spend gold if hope to obtain the last individual prize. :(

I just want to say...sometimes people can share too much information. Just my opinion. :rolleyes:

I am quite sure S8 have very sophisticated reporting across their database. They would be monitoring aggregated data trends constantly. The participation in the forum is a very low % of the total customer population; S8 would need far more and accurate information to support decision making.

Kennedward
05-12-16, 07:21 AM
Doesn't seem like I'll get the last prize without spending gold, 2850 is quite high and most of the time I never reached that number in previous events

Hawk1
05-12-16, 08:00 AM
H

Funny, I was thinking exactly what you said. Real world calls this week and I won't get the last dragon, but that's ok my expectations for DS have been significantly lowered recently.

kat8rose
05-12-16, 08:13 AM
No way I am getting the last individual dragon prize. Will plod along. .. maybe something will change...not getting the habitat for sure. Good luck all, allergy spray please ;-)

RafMikeyLeoDonnie
05-12-16, 08:35 AM
492 right now so I'm a little behind schedule, but I've got a batch of Scalypears due in less than 8 hours which is likely the cause.

freshfunin2008
05-12-16, 09:53 AM
I don't think I have ever hit 285 parts in 24 hours. May not get the last individual prize and if many see that as well it will cause issues with getting the final community prize as well.

belarica
05-12-16, 10:08 AM
I'm ending day 2 with 673. I honestly hope this is just an experiment and not a new trend. I'm tired of babysitting my island all day already

MaribouMay
05-12-16, 10:10 AM
I am quite sure S8 have very sophisticated reporting across their database. They would be monitoring aggregated data trends constantly. The participation in the forum is a very low % of the total customer population; S8 would need far more and accurate information to support decision making.

I completely agree. Also, I refuse to live in fear of what information we share here that may work against us. I believe we, as a community, gain far more on these forums than we lose.

I think the huge increase in required items for the final individual dragon is symptomatic of an attitude shift at S8. This shifted attitude has brought us the leaderboard events and increased pressure to spend gold. Honestly, the number of items required for world events has been gradually increasing over the last several events. This increase is just more abrupt. Who knows, maybe this is a trial to see how we respond; it may or may not be a trend that continues.

I will not try for Blossom. I don't care for the look of it and I don't want to change the way I play the game just to get a single dragon. Like leaderboard, knowing I won't get the final prize gives me more freedom. And, ironically, I will probably spend less gold than I would have in a previous event.

freshfunin2008
05-12-16, 10:17 AM
I completely agree. Also, I refuse to live in fear of what information we share here that may work against us. I believe we, as a community, gain far more on these forums than we lose.

I think the huge increase in required items for the final individual dragon is symptomatic of an attitude shift at S8. This shifted attitude has brought us the leaderboard events and increased pressure to spend gold. Honestly, the number of items required for world events has been gradually increasing over the last several events. This increase is just more abrupt. Who knows, maybe this is a trial to see how we respond; it may or may not be a trend that continues.

I will not try for Blossom. I don't care for the look of it and I don't want to change the way I play the game just to get a single dragon. Like leaderboard, knowing I won't get the final prize gives me more freedom. And, ironically, I will probably spend less gold than I would have in a previous event.

I concur. Well said

Bastiaan0
05-12-16, 10:27 AM
606 petunias with 8 days and 5 minutes left, so still on track. Spend 17 gold so far to keep nests occupied, I can live with that as my treasure dragons gain 44 gold per day.

lenasdinner
05-12-16, 10:36 AM
I'm ending day 2 with 673. I honestly hope this is just an experiment and not a new trend. I'm tired of babysitting my island all day already

woow 673 ,probobly with three nests,right?

My day 2 ends up with 589(I'm only with two nests). this is really exhausting,I have to look at my watch every hour so I wount miss a thing,I don't know if I can keep up with this 8 more days,I am allready tired.at the end turnament will messed up my schedule.

hiabarara
05-12-16, 10:51 AM
I'm only at 496 flowers (with two busy nests). It's actually not bad, but when I see how much we need for the last individual prize... Well, I'm not sure if I'll make it.

But I'm honestly so done with stressing myself out over this game. This is also the reason why I stopped participating in the Tournaments. It's exhausting for me to put up a timer that reminds me I have to log in every single hour and battle. And then I'm usually stuck in round 25 or something and it becomes even more stressful because I'll stay awake longer or wake up sooner to battle "only one more round".

I'm not falling back into this pattern. I'll plant my 20 hour crops and log in every couple hours to collect items and battle, but that's it. I love me some pink dragons, but that dragon is not worth it to stress myself out for more than a week :rolleyes:

jaymieb2
05-12-16, 11:19 AM
To confirm:
Last individual prize requires 2,850 Pretty Petunias. :)

Ha! And I was so proud of myself for averaging 220 petunias per day. *SIGH*

Grizzy91810
05-12-16, 11:32 AM
This assumes everyone has 3 or 4 nests and most don't

And neither do I.

random59
05-12-16, 11:41 AM
Community total at present is 26,500,00, I have just rounded this figure off after 2 days but unsure if the total only reflects on the amount of flowers that we have all earnt of just those who have so obtained the amount of flowers to participate in this event!

Grizzy91810
05-12-16, 11:54 AM
Community total at present is 26,500,00, I have just rounded this figure off after 2 days but unsure if the total only reflects on the amount of flowers that we have all earnt of just those who have so obtained the amount of flowers to participate in this event!

I have wondered this myself, if the amount for the community total is all inclusive or all who have reached the point to play for community prizes.

roguebee
05-12-16, 12:21 PM
561 at the end of Event Day 2. And that includes benefit of collecting diamondates and one nest just after the event started.

pernmagic
05-12-16, 01:32 PM
413 so far ....

random59
05-12-16, 01:40 PM
Can someone please check this please.

190,000,000 flowers in 240 hours = 791,667 per hour.
51 hours that this event has been active we have 27,769,000 when to achieve our goal we should have 40,375,000.
It will be interesting!

freshfunin2008
05-12-16, 01:42 PM
Now that I think of it, if I am not getting the 2nd individual dragon and perhaps we don't get the final community prize there is really no need to spend 250 gold on the new habitat. I think S8 just shot them selves in the foot on the ridiculous changes made on the individual side here. Making it too difficult for most is not good business. I am sure there are some who easily get 3000 parts with no issues but most will not be able to do that.

freshfunin2008
05-12-16, 01:44 PM
Can someone please check this please.

190,000,000 flowers in 240 hours = 791,667 per hour.
51 hours that this event has been active we have 27,769,000 when to achieve our goal we should have 40,375,000.
It will be interesting!

Many will not get to 2850 so they may quit after the 1st dragon. This will affect the total community numbers as well.

random59
05-12-16, 01:53 PM
Many will not get to 2850 so they may quit after the 1st dragon. This will affect the total community numbers as well.

I actually don't like the look of the Blossom dragon, so won't mind if I don't get it but I really want the community dragon. Don't think I'll be spending gold on the habitat since I think it looks quite garish.

EvieandIzzie
05-12-16, 03:19 PM
This is me.
I will not get to 2850 so I am only working towards the first dragon. I have one nest and to get the 2850 would require me to change how I play and "enjoy" this game. My style is really that of a completer, I want to get my dragons to level 15 and I hate having so many babies, juveniles and young adults around the place. I have loads of dragons in storage whom I hopefully will hatch. I work on developing four dragons at a time , each one at a different stage, one bit of food a day. This allows me to still grow my food storage for any upcoming tales.
I do not want to pay gold for another nest and then waste money hatching dragons just to get my count up.
I too have serious doubts that we will not receive the final community prize, it just is not in the interest for S8 or the community. If not well that means S8 should really look at how they set the targets.

missourijan
05-12-16, 03:49 PM
I am a new player. How do you get all these treasure dragons? I have two nests, have rushed a bunch and spent more than 17. No gold producing dragons, and barely over 500 because I cannot babysit this game all day! I need gold producers, 2000 gold to buy them?

snowyhillz
05-12-16, 04:06 PM
I am a new player. How do you get all these treasure dragons? I have two nests, have rushed a bunch and spent more than 17. No gold producing dragons, and barely over 500 because I cannot babysit this game all day! I need gold producers, 2000 gold to buy them?

The gold producing dragons are buy with gold only .... When they are first released they are on sale, think of it as a long term goal to get them.... If you don't want to babysit your game all day make sure all your farms are upgraded so you can plant 8 or 20 hour crops,

I visited your island and notice you only have 2 farms, I would suggest you buy the max number of farms allowed for your level and concentrate on upgrading them so you can plant more crops

Clark_Wayne
05-12-16, 04:29 PM
i have 4 nests so i don't think it will be a problem for me to get the last indiv prize. but my baby account got only 2 nests and started late in world event so i will only aim the 1st dragon for my baby account.
agreed about what everyone said : everything was done like to get more golds (and therefore more real money)

Niire
05-12-16, 04:37 PM
Not to be too cranky...but how much money do they need from us? This is supposed to be a free to play game, that's what made it so popular...it was actually possible to get the final prize with some work. ><

Edit...I meant to add, I endure the leaderboard events because I know it's great income for them, but making these types of events this much more difficult, it's like they're intentionally trying to tear their playerbase apart. :( I'll make it, I have 3 nests. But for those with one nest, gah...it's...upsetting, to say the least, to know so many people willl not be able to reach the end...

snowyhillz
05-12-16, 04:51 PM
Not to be too cranky...but how much money do they need from us? This is supposed to be a free to play game, that's what made it so popular...it was actually possible to get the final prize with some work. ><

It is a free to play game, with in app purchases..... I thought early on when they first brought in the world events that having a 2nd and 3rd nest was a good long term investment because I was sure that I would get long term enjoyment from the game, and I have not regretted it. I generally don't speed breed and save my gold to get gold producing dragons.

DeeDe99
05-12-16, 05:11 PM

Well said.

I never spend gold on World Events or Tales, I think it was you who mentioned the other day you spend gold but you like to make the decision about what you spend it on. I totally agree. I won't be forced into spending gold, which is how the breeding odds are making me feel lately. I spend my gold on habitats and the odd dragon. An event is not an event if it needs gold to complete - just put the dragons in the market for purchase and forget about having an event at all!

With three nests, I should make the final dragon, but I am busier these days, so it will be touch and go, definitely. And certainly, no, I am DIScouraged from spending gold.

missourijan
05-12-16, 05:42 PM
Thank you. I have seven but only three enchanted farms, one still building. I have been so busy with all these events there is no time to wait for farms to construct, no time to evolve, etc. Lol

missourijan
05-12-16, 05:43 PM
Ty

snowyhillz
05-12-16, 05:57 PM
Thank you. I have seven but only three enchanted farms, one still building. I have been so busy with all these events there is no time to wait for farms to construct, no time to evolve, etc. Lol
Lol, I know.... upgrade one at a time and by next event you will be in a good place, not needing to plant every hour

ozigal
05-12-16, 08:25 PM
Now that I think of it, if I am not getting the 2nd individual dragon and perhaps we don't get the final community prize there is really no need to spend 250 gold on the new habitat. I think S8 just shot them selves in the foot on the ridiculous changes made on the individual side here. Making it too difficult for most is not good business. I am sure there are some who easily get 3000 parts with no issues but most will not be able to do that.

I am not making the daily quota of 285 and slowly falling behind each day. I also am of the mindset that I am not buying the pretty petal habitat as I won't get the final dragon.,so it's a ripple effect in my game.not parting with gold/ Money for any of the side offers which I normally consider investing in.

EvieandIzzie
05-12-16, 08:30 PM

Edit...I meant to add, I endure the leaderboard events because I know it's great income for them, but making these types of events this much more difficult, it's like they're intentionally trying to tear their playerbase apart. :( I'll make it, I have 3 nests. But for those with one nest, gah...it's...upsetting, to say the least, to know so many people willl not be able to reach the end...
Niire I can understand where you are coming from regarding these feelings. However as much as I could get cranky I am at peace with S8 for the following reasons;
1) They are a private company employing people to constantly update the game. They need real money for this and DS is free to play but is also free from advertising
2) There are different playing styles and the types of events appeal to different players, some of which are willing to pay gold and real money to achieve what they want. Therefore S8 makes money and continues to support DS
3) With community events most players will get the additional community prizes rather than just the individual ones, so IMO a bonus with the side effect of feeling part of a greater community
So I will not rant about S8 wanting money, they need it to keep supporting the game and develop new ones IMO DS does not provide enough for me to want to spend real money buying gold, but the largest reason is the fact that I lose so much gold due to missteps etc I am just not willing to lose my real money on it.
Of course I will add that I am willing to leave the game and the setting of this goal to be out of reach for all players with less than two nests just solidifies this. I have set some personal goals for the game, which I am over 50% completed, and it is only this and the challenge of Tales I keep playing at the moment. I have walked away from other TL/S8 games and also other games in which I have spent actual money on so it is not new to me.

snowyhillz
05-12-16, 08:38 PM
I am currently on 738 and 726 on my 2 games ....

MaribouMay
05-12-16, 10:27 PM
I actually don't like the look of the Blossom dragon, so won't mind if I don't get it but I really want the community dragon. Don't think I'll be spending gold on the habitat since I think it looks quite garish.

Garish is exactly right in my opinion. A pass for me as well.

These new tactics are actually making it easier for me to resist spending my gold.

zyfazix
05-13-16, 12:06 AM
419 total right now, means I'm nicely on track for the 1st individual dragon.

retseho
05-13-16, 12:15 AM
I am currently on 738 and 726 on my 2 games ....

Only 714, 7days 10hr 29 min left which means I am slightly behind based on 285 per day. Android with 2 nests only. To get these scores need to play hourly as Battle Arena wins give 2 items. Nests filled with Water or Air eggs. Breeding for Mercury=Infinity+Water with fails=Water. So far only fails. 7 Farms with Rushrooms or Diamondates. Like a few others, not sure if can keep this up for 7.5 days more & may give up on the last individual dragon if indeed it requires 2850 when it is revealed on reaching the first dragon=1350.
Just reached Level 171.

julia88s
05-13-16, 02:09 AM
I'm 706 right now.. but the weekend is approaching and I do not play much during the weekend!

Niire
05-13-16, 03:43 AM
I was just venting, I do realize they do need to make money. And, when I can, i do purchase gold for items and such. I guess I just feel a bit gutted knowing that alot of folks will miss out on the final individual prize here, it just doesn't sit well. And I know that those leaderboard events have to be bringing in insane amounts of revenue for them. I just think that with the world events at least, it ought to be attainable for everyone participating, like it has been in the past. I am sorry I came across as being totally against them making money, I know they have people to pay, that's why I have accepted the leaderboard event in the end. :)

Sandybellee
05-13-16, 04:34 AM
Oh wow! Only now read that the last individual prize requires 2850 petunias! (Been too busy hunting nagas on CS. :)) It's quite a lot more than before! It will be interesting to see how far I get. Not too sorry even if I don't get the final individual prize - the last community prize is so much cooler!

Kennedward
05-13-16, 05:02 AM
462 now, couldn't play much today, and won't be able to play much during the upcoming weekend either, doesn't look like I'll get the final prize this time around

RafMikeyLeoDonnie
05-13-16, 08:12 AM
Sitting at 900 ATM. Level 130 player, only 2 nests. I do catch most of the battles about every hour give or take 15 minutes and have won the majority. Haven't spent any gold to speed up and haven't gotten up in the middle of the night. So it's doable if you can check in every hour or so to catch the battles. Hoping this weekends tourney doesn't slow me down. Good luck to everyone!

Kami365
05-13-16, 08:21 AM
So far I got 728 , 3 nests---- seems to me this time quite difficult to get last dragon-?Anyway I'll try without spending Gold or money.Good Luck to everyone.

9krm
05-13-16, 10:00 AM
Well said.

I never spend gold on World Events or Tales, I think it was you who mentioned the other day you spend gold but you like to make the decision about what you spend it on. I totally agree. I won't be forced into spending gold, which is how the breeding odds are making me feel lately. I spend my gold on habitats and the odd dragon. An event is not an event if it needs gold to complete - just put the dragons in the market for purchase and forget about having an event at all!

With three nests, I should make the final dragon, but I am busier these days, so it will be touch and go, definitely. And certainly, no, I am DIScouraged from spending gold.

Garish is exactly right in my opinion. A pass for me as well.

These new tactics are actually making it easier for me to resist spending my gold.

Agree with you both! I don't mind spending gold, and have, in the past, bought some during gold sales. But I like to choose when and how it spend my.money and gold.

I don't like this new trend where it seems like you have to spend gold in order to be successful at whatever event is going on. That makes me hoard my gold not spend it. And like another poster wrote, I don't have a problem walking away from games, even ones I've spent money on.

Natasha_07
05-13-16, 01:05 PM
I'm not buying the habitat for this, don't really like it that much plus I don't know if I'll get all the dragons so not going to waste gold. The habitat could be more coordinated, it just looks like a circus something.
Would like to see a gold dragons sale soon though.
This is one tight event !!!

snowyhillz
05-13-16, 01:22 PM
Agree with you both! I don't mind spending gold, and have, in the past, bought some during gold sales. But I like to choose when and how it spend my.money and gold.

I don't like this new trend where it seems like you have to spend gold in order to be successful at whatever event is going on. That makes me hoard my gold not spend it. And like another poster wrote, I don't have a problem walking away from games, even ones I've spent money on.

It is a choice that everyone has to make for themselves.....how much they like the game, if you want to spend any money, how much they are willing to spend and where, if there is too much or too little challenge, and if you want to continue playing. I think s8 are doing a good job at having items available and challenge for all levels of players, if things are too easy to get I for one would not continue to play the game as it would get boring. (I did take a break last year)

You say that you like to choose where you spend your gold, I like to as well and I spent it on extra nests because I could see that that was where the game was headed and it was like an investment, just like the gold giving dragons are an investment.

I don't see the point in complaining about where the game is headed and then keeping on playing it, s8 have the right to develop it how they like and we as players have the right to walk away from the game if we don't like it.

9krm
05-13-16, 01:43 PM
It is a choice that everyone has to make for themselves.....how much they like the game, if you want to spend any money, how much they are willing to spend and where, if there is too much or too little challenge, and if you want to continue playing. I think s8 are doing a good job at having items available and challenge for all levels of players, if things are too easy to get I for one would not continue to play the game as it would get boring. (I did take a break last year)

You say that you like to choose where you spend your gold, I like to as well and I spent it on extra nests because I could see that that was where the game was headed and it was like an investment, just like the gold giving dragons are an investment.

I don't see the point in complaining about where the game is headed and then keeping on playing it, s8 have the right to develop it how they like and we as players have the right to walk away from the game if we don't like it.

Agreed on the nests. My best investment was my second nest.

Niire
05-13-16, 03:36 PM
I actually really like this event and the habitat. It's different, and vibrant imo. But I could see where folks wouldn't like it. :)

Grizzy91810
05-13-16, 04:15 PM
Couldn't play much yesterday and the game wouldn't open at all or kept crashing as soon as it opened all morning today. I am at 675. I will get the first Dragon and hopefully the last community Dragon. I like Blossom dragon but will NOT make it to 2850 petunias in time. Even if I wanted to spend gold to get it, I wouldn't have enough. I don't buy gold, I can't afford it (even on sale). So I get gold from neighbors and downloading games. I currently have 35. I think I will save up for a gold giving Dragon next, now that I have my second nest.

groovyedwin
05-13-16, 06:58 PM
Crusing at about 700 on my way to 1350.

Anyone know how I can get rid of the watercan at this point? No longer going to use it.

lnztrekfan
05-13-16, 07:47 PM

Anyone know how I can get rid of the watercan at this point? No longer going to use it.

You could just put it in storage. Don't think you can delete it permanently.

moonchild1987
05-13-16, 08:34 PM

During the event you can't delete or store it. After the event ends store it then place it back on the board then you will be able to sell it.

Kennedward
05-13-16, 09:02 PM
560 on the dot, the final prize seems far away lol

porkchomp
05-13-16, 09:06 PM
At 750. No way am I hitting the final dragon. Considered buying a third nest... but I believe I would still fall short of the 2850 by a wide margin

snowyhillz
05-13-16, 09:30 PM
At 750. No way am I hitting the final dragon. Considered buying a third nest... but I believe I would still fall short of the 2850 by a wide margin

It would probably be too late for this event but if you bought a 3rd nest it would definitely help for the next event

DeeDe99
05-13-16, 11:39 PM
I'm about 144 behind where I should be at this point. Not sure if I can catch up, real life is taking priority. I'm on 998 including food in progress and nests cooking.

Kennedward
05-14-16, 12:25 AM

At least you have more than I do

pernmagic
05-14-16, 12:42 AM
Just managed 720 ..... This is going to be tight for that last individual prize .....

bakerystoe
05-14-16, 02:14 AM
I will not going to get that last prize(individual)

bakerystoe
05-14-16, 02:18 AM
Besides not getting the blossom , in the bright side you can get the amazing decorations that you can decorate your lovely island and beautiful habitats:)

Jennerwein1
05-14-16, 02:32 AM
970, on my last breed with second breeding den (21 minutes to spare, before time ran out, close one!) and three nests. Constant Airs and Waters, some battling ( there IS life outside) and Scalypears. Going to be tight. The wheel has been worthless, as usual.

Kennedward
05-14-16, 05:08 AM
Besides not getting the blossom , in the bright side you can get the amazing decorations that you can decorate your lovely island and beautiful habitats:)

Unfortunately, i have no room for decors, so those will just stay in storage forever

Hepatu
05-14-16, 05:16 AM
Unfortunately, i have no room for decors, so those will just stay in storage forever

I'm selling the decors bc I have no intention to use the valuable space with that junk

DeeDe99
05-14-16, 05:47 AM
I love the fences! More fences, less paths in future, I can use fences!

Sitting on 1,052 but need to be on 1,144 to be on target. Am out most of tomorrow, so not hopeful of catching up. :(

Kennedward
05-14-16, 06:41 AM
I'm selling the decors bc I have no intention to use the valuable space with that junk

I would have done that, if not for the high amount of coins I already have lol

DeeDe99
05-14-16, 07:02 AM
Sitting on 1,052 but need to be on 1,144 to be on target. Am out most of tomorrow, so not hopeful of catching up. :(

Finishing the night (well, here it is night) on 1,079 with 8 hr crops brewing and 3 nests occupied. 3.5 hrs of those to count for the day, so that's 35, plus a watering can and quest in progress, so say 10 belong to today - so I'm still going to be short, but maybe I can recoup over the remaining 6 days. We shall see.

I hate resorting to 8 hour crops - such a low yield!

belarica
05-14-16, 07:03 AM

I love the fencing from the community prize, I wish I had more of it :)

DeeDe99
05-14-16, 07:09 AM
I love the fencing from the community prize, I wish I had more of it :)

Ditto! I posted above asking for more fences and less paths in future. The fences are great!

Clark_Wayne
05-14-16, 08:03 AM
Ditto! I posted above asking for more fences and less paths in future. The fences are great!

no place to put them, but agreed : look great ;)

9krm
05-14-16, 10:27 AM
I currently have 1067. I thought I was doing okay, but I guess not! I don't plan on doing anything different: 2 nest, quests, battles, and food. If I get the dragons, that's great. If not, no big deal.

Bastiaan0
05-14-16, 10:46 AM
1206 at the end of day four, so 66 ahead :)
Spend the grand total of 2 gold in 2 days time to speed up 2 eggs :D
Looks pretty good, but don't think I could have done that without a third nest, also planting scalypears and eliteleeks is not what I usually do :rolleyes:

belarica
05-14-16, 10:59 AM
1293 here

tuffyjkitten
05-14-16, 11:10 AM
Only 1014 for me. Oh well. I'm not stressing it.

lenasdinner
05-14-16, 11:16 AM
My day 4 ended with 1,246.

Jennerwein1
05-14-16, 01:08 PM
1187 here. Down to one breeding den again. More water dragons!

snowyhillz
05-14-16, 02:14 PM
1246 and 1293 ---- 3 nests and loads of water dragons, and coral fails

pernmagic
05-14-16, 02:39 PM
Slowly slowly 905 :(

groovyedwin
05-14-16, 02:40 PM
During the event you can't delete or store it. After the event ends store it then place it back on the board then you will be able to sell it.

Thank you. Will put it in storage afterwards. Next event I will just keep it storage since it is not needed to get the first individual dragon at 1350.

groovyedwin
05-14-16, 02:40 PM
Slowly slowly 905 :(

You are burning it up!

Just around 800 now and crusing to 1350 to get the first dragon.

belarica
05-14-16, 06:44 PM
Sun shower on the nest. 19 hours

Kennedward
05-14-16, 07:28 PM
721 now, may not even get the 3rd prize considering how slowly I'm progressing this time LOL

lenasdinner
05-14-16, 08:45 PM
Sun shower on the nest. 19 hours

Mine Sun shower is in storage....do you realise that we are not even half way for the last prize? 1500 more to go....but we are right on that track......

bakerystoe
05-14-16, 09:07 PM
The solutions here if someone is crazy about Blossom dragon, they need to spend 100 and 100 golds:) Great news:( For me I would rather get some more decorations than spend golds to get the last dragon

belarica
05-14-16, 09:14 PM
Mine Sun shower is in storage....do you realise that we are not even half way for the last prize? 1500 more to go....but we are right on that track......

It's very discouraging that we aren't even halfway at this point. If future world events require ridiculous amounts I will just have to learn to let some dragons go.

retseho
05-15-16, 02:26 AM
It's very discouraging that we aren't even halfway at this point. If future world events require ridiculous amounts I will just have to learn to let some dragons go.

Just reached 1355 & got Sunshower. Will have to give up on Blossom as the needed
1495 will need even more intensive play than now (already battling hourly, questing, water can collection except when sleeping.) Will just play when convenient & start building up the apple stock which is now below 200k due to levelling up some of my battle dragons.
Sorry, will be contributing less to the community total now.

Kennedward
05-15-16, 03:06 AM
The solutions here if someone is crazy about Blossom dragon, they need to spend 100 and 100 golds:) Great news:( For me I would rather get some more decorations than spend golds to get the last dragon

I rather let go of dragons if I was to spend gold for it.

Unless it's a gold-only dragon like those gold/bomb producing dragons

hiabarara
05-15-16, 05:08 AM
For a few hours I couldn't do anything in this game because it crashed even more often than usual. I opened the game, clicked on my Quest Outpost, crashed. Repeated it, tried to click on my arena, it crashed. Sigh. This was just so frustrating. I couldn't collect any flowers, even though all my crops and quest and battles were ready. When I reinstalled the game all my dragons were invisible because they were still loading and let me tell you - The game ran so smoothly :D I still think an option to deactivate dragon animations would help a lot of players.

Anyway, I'm at 1.069 right now. Apparently that's way too low? Well, at least I'll get Sunshower in about two days :)

meoconlunar
05-15-16, 05:51 AM
1400 right now. But I know if I am uncareful, I will not have the last Individual prize

Hepatu
05-15-16, 06:23 AM
I just got the first dragon, so I'm still on track ☺

TwinkleTwiny
05-15-16, 06:30 AM
1400 , just got the first dragon in storage, good luck to keep up

belarica
05-15-16, 08:14 AM
1579 now

PinkBubbles75
05-15-16, 09:16 AM
Currently have 1334. I started planting 7 rushrooms 4x to have as many flowers as possible in 24 hours. I should be able to get the first dragon later on today. If I can get the 2nd prize dragon at the expense of harvesting the 20 hour crops later than normal, then that's cool with me. I hope I can the last prize, I really like it..

Bastiaan0
05-15-16, 10:28 AM
1532 at the end of day 5 :)
Sunshower will be on the nest in about two hours ;)

RafMikeyLeoDonnie
05-15-16, 11:25 AM
1509 at the moment. The flash tourney has slowed my pace a little. Prize Fighter stopped me in my tracks for the better part of yesterday and until my first battle this morning. Now I'm stuck on Turtle, he wipped out my Prize Fighter (13), Sweet Tooth (6) and Banshee (12) so far. I'm not sure I'll finish the tourney, but the Event is looking doable.

lenasdinner
05-15-16, 12:13 PM
day 5 ended with 1545. still good since I lost almoust 20h in turnament.

Sandybellee
05-15-16, 03:19 PM
I have 1399 right now. No way I can reach the last dragon without using gold so I'm not going to plant scalypears tomorrow. Back to normal food collecting and playing! Although with these changes I'm playing less and less every day.

DeeDe99
05-15-16, 03:44 PM
I'm on 1,462 so it is still touch and go for the last dragon. I've been planting Eliteleeks overnight - hate that - and the tournament is over so should be able to scrap a few more pieces from the arena.

What will be, will be.

newzealander
05-15-16, 05:18 PM
I'm on 1,462 so it is still touch and go for the last dragon. I've been planting Eliteleeks overnight - hate that - and the tournament is over so should be able to scrap a few more pieces from the arena.

What will be, will be.
Indeed. 1420 here. I'm not going to spend gold, because with event after event after event these days, you have to be careful where you spend your money. But it's a big ask, this one. Maybe it's time for annual pay reviews at S8, and this is how it's funded? ;-)

Clark_Wayne
05-15-16, 05:27 PM
1611. wonder if i will reach the final individual prize. think i will have to do more battles

groovyedwin
05-15-16, 06:51 PM
For people that are going to spend gold to get the last dragon, the quest gives 8 petals and costs 4 gold to skip. 2 petals for 1 gold, best way to power level to the last dragon, that I've found.

Crusing along at 1100 now. On target to get 1350 by the end.

For comparison, 2800-1350 = 1450. At 2 per gold it would cost one about 725 gold to get the last dragon. Better deal to wait and spend gold on a gold producing dragon.

RocioBM
05-15-16, 07:52 PM
I feel, for first time, that the World Event is bad planned. The final prize at 2800 petals is too much, considering the number of days :(

newzealander
05-15-16, 09:00 PM
I feel, for first time, that the World Event is bad planned. The final prize at 2800 petals is too much, considering the number of days :(
I agree that it's surprisingly difficult. Certainly in all the time I've been doing these I've never missed one if I have played regularly and smartly. This time that won't be enough.

DeeDe99
05-15-16, 09:54 PM
Indeed. 1420 here. I'm not going to spend gold, because with event after event after event these days, you have to be careful where you spend your money. But it's a big ask, this one. Maybe it's time for annual pay reviews at S8, and this is how it's funded? ;-)

You may well be onto something there!

I don't spend gold on events because I'd rather spend it on habitats AND if I "buy" the event reward, then it doesn't feel like an event, just a purchase!

DeeDe99
05-15-16, 09:59 PM
For people that are going to spend gold to get the last dragon, the quest gives 8 petals and costs 4 gold to skip. 2 petals for 1 gold, best way to power level to the last dragon, that I've found.

Crusing along at 1100 now. On target to get 1350 by the end.

For comparison, 2800-1350 = 1450. At 2 per gold it would cost one about 725 gold to get the last dragon. Better deal to wait and spend gold on a gold producing dragon.

The cost of the final dragon decreases the closer you get, so mine is 737 gold right now. In 5 days I'd be a lot closer, so I wouldn't speed up the quests too soon, as it may be cheaper to just pick up the tab for the remaining balance on the last day. Depending how close you are, it might only be 30 gold. Worth monitoring and comparing to see where the scales tilt.

Bastiaan0
05-16-16, 01:36 AM
The cost of the final dragon decreases the closer you get, so mine is 737 gold right now. In 5 days I'd be a lot closer, so I wouldn't speed up the quests too soon, as it may be cheaper to just pick up the tab for the remaining balance on the last day. Depending how close you are, it might only be 30 gold. Worth monitoring and comparing to see where the scales tilt.

Yes, wait with spending gold until you're very sure you have/want to!
But no, don't spend it in the event tab buying, it's always more expensive than speeding quests... Last step costs 900 gold for 1500 petunias, which is 1,67 petunias per gold, whereas speeding quests yields 2 petunias per gold. And I just checked to be sure: I'm on 1683 petunias and would need 701 gold to get the last prize: 900*(2850-1683)/1500=700.2. So obviously they rounded up, but that's no surprise :rolleyes:

DeeDe99
05-16-16, 02:38 AM
Yes, wait with spending gold until you're very sure you have/want to!
But no, don't spend it in the event tab buying, it's always more expensive than speeding quests... Last step costs 900 gold for 1500 petunias, which is 1,67 petunias per gold, whereas speeding quests yields 2 petunias per gold. And I just checked to be sure: I'm on 1683 petunias and would need 701 gold to get the last prize: 900*(2850-1683)/1500=700.2. So obviously they rounded up, but that's no surprise :rolleyes:

Good point, but speeding quests is time consuming. You haven't factored in the opportunity cost! :p

For a difference 0.33 of a Petunia per gold, I'd take the one-click option. ;)

I might make it, I am only about 40 behind target at the moment.

Bastiaan0
05-16-16, 03:21 AM
Good point, but speeding quests is time consuming. You haven't factored in the opportunity cost! :p

For a difference 0.33 of a Petunia per gold, I'd take the one-click option. ;)

I might make it, I am only about 40 behind target at the moment.

I'm already spending too much time on DS, so I couldn't mind a bit extra :p
Besides that, I do virtually anything to save gold, even if it's only one bar :)

nicsdragonisle
05-16-16, 05:11 AM
I agree that it's surprisingly difficult. Certainly in all the time I've been doing these I've never missed one if I have played regularly and smartly. This time that won't be enough.
DITTO here. Won't come close with 2 nests. Have to say, I made my target 1350 at the onset after doing the math and realizing the end was out of reach (for the first time ever) and haven't stayed on top of things like I usually do.
It's becoming easier and easier to not bother trying when I don't have much of a chance to start with. No incentive to spend gold either since there are SO many goals/milestones/bosses I'm missing lately. Lately, not finishing Ina's become the rule in our house not the exception--really discouraging. Will continue to save for the Nov gold dragon sale.
Best of luck for everyone managing to work their way to the end!

Kennedward
05-16-16, 06:04 AM
912 now, probably won't even get the 3rd prize for me

AwesomeChefDad
05-16-16, 06:21 AM
Just got the first dragon, and like others I noticed the leap between first and second is 1500..I did the math and I am way way off, it wont even be close.

Sounds like S8 tightened the screws too much on this contest, not such a smart thing to do..pushing the limits of the user often times ends up hurting your business, not helping.

Kennedward
05-16-16, 07:08 AM
Just got the first dragon, and like others I noticed the leap between first and second is 1500..I did the math and I am way way off, it wont even be close.

Sounds like S8 tightened the screws too much on this contest, not such a smart thing to do..pushing the limits of the user often times ends up hurting your business, not helping.

Agreed, probably won't even play as much next event if the same thing happens again. I would simply continue my usual routine of playing twice a day just to collect gold when there's no event or tournament happening.

missourijan
05-16-16, 07:38 AM

Agreed. Got the first dragon. Next one totally out of reach so why try? If you were close you might be willing to spend some gold, No smart S8!

freesiawoods
05-16-16, 07:38 AM
Ooh, I always took for granted finishing these events, till I opened this thread. Did they make it much harder. I always have trouble with FFS world events so it feels familiar. I would be sore if I had to spend gold, but S8 knows I likerainbow hybrids.

Kennedward
05-16-16, 08:26 AM
Agreed. Got the first dragon. Next one totally out of reach so why try? If you were close you might be willing to spend some gold, No smart S8!

My thoughts exactly, I have gold saved up, but won't be spending it here

lenasdinner
05-16-16, 08:33 AM

Well, if everyone thinks like you do,that there is no reason to continue collecting petals after you get first dragon,even if its impossible for you to get the last individual prize,there is allways comnunity last prize,in this case Rainbow Rose Dragon,so I think it's still worth it to participate in this event,no matter what your result is. at the end you will get two dragons if you don't wont to spend any gold.

chuckyt888
05-16-16, 09:05 AM
Everyone needs to let S8 know this is not acceptable. The leaderboard events.... The gold traps, the adjusted dragon win percentages in arena for tournaments and Dragon Tales. Now the world event has been destroyed.

Enough is enough. I would get a little gold here and there up until a few months back. I'm choosing to let my feelings on it all be known by closing my wallet.

Bastiaan0
05-16-16, 09:54 AM
Well, if everyone thinks like you do,that there is no reason to continue collecting petals after you get first dragon,even if its impossible for you to get the last individual prize,there is allways comnunity last prize,in this case Rainbow Rose Dragon,so I think it's still worth it to participate in this event,no matter what your result is. at the end you will get two dragons if you don't wont to spend any gold.
So true. Until now I never worried about the community prize dragon, but if more people start to think like that, my guess is that it won't take long till we don't get there. I would be very annoyed with that!
Maybe S8 should raise the threshold for community prizes (a lot) to encourage people to earn those points...

By the way, 1853 petunias at the end of day 6. Extending my lead, but I probably going to need that when I have to go work later this week.

BlackKat9
05-16-16, 09:55 AM
Normally I really love the world events because they are low maintenance and lots of dragons if you just time it all well. But if this starting to be a hassle now too I'm not sure if the game is still worth playing.

lenasdinner
05-16-16, 10:31 AM
My day 6 ended with 1871 petunias. I think I'm on the right way to get last individual prize.

belarica
05-16-16, 10:50 AM
1924 here

RafMikeyLeoDonnie
05-16-16, 11:01 AM
1816. Barring no major issues, looks like I will get to the last dragon. I only have two nests, but I have been checking into my game for a minute or two when I wake up in the middle of the night. Its not planned but nature usually calls and if it does I do a little extra earning for a minute or two before going back to sleep. I could probably still reach the end goal without it, but I figure if I'm awake already I might as well help myself.

tuffyjkitten
05-16-16, 12:55 PM
Just got the first dragon, have 1357 now. No way I get to the last prize, but still working for the community prize.