PDA

View Full Version : Game Crashing

Candreozzi0115
04-02-16, 04:04 PM
Hey storm8,

Ever since March 31st after I started the event my games been crashing and kicking me out of the app before I have the chance to do anything :( please help me with this because I don't want to lose the chance to win the baby animals!! I've only collected 4 times from my meadow tree because I can't even get into the game. I load the game and it kicks me out as soon as it changes from the farm story 2 opening screen.

I have already updated my app to the new version and have only been playing on that one. I've done everything to be safe and not make it crash but I have no idea what is going on. I also updated my phone after the problems started to see if that would help but it hasn't. Please let me know what you or I can do to fix this! I LOVE this game and don't want to fall even more behind!

Rynetory2
04-03-16, 04:52 AM
Can you let me know what specific device are you using?

Your issue may be due to one or both of the following reasons.
1. connection
Go to settings-safari- clear out data.
Disconnect cellular or wifi connection on your device, restart device, modem and router. Dont start other apps, just start Farm 2.

2. device resource/performance
Ensure you have the latest IOS installed.
Check that you have sufficient space on your device. Try deleting some files/photos/videos etc if you dont.

When you get into your farm, try to store away some animated decorations. Please let me know if you are still having issues after trying the above. Thanks.

baseball_boy
05-08-16, 03:08 PM
I have deleted it and reinstalled several times. Turned my device off and on. I'm on the latest IOS version. It crashes at least every 5 minutes at the most. Very aggrivating:mad:

SparklyOctopus
05-08-16, 04:46 PM
Sorry to hear that! Do you happen to have any applications running in the background? If so, please try closing them and see if that helps stop the crash. Additionally, when the game starts, please try leaving the game on for a little bit (3 min or so) for everything to load and see if that helps stop the crashing as well. If the crashes still persists, please email support@storm8.com. :)

ad0rabelle
05-22-16, 01:08 AM
I also have the same problem, deleted and reinstalled more than 5 times! The game keeps crashing after awhile. Am on the latest version of iOS. this is getting annoying!

Rynetory2
05-22-16, 06:21 AM
What specific device are you using? What specific actions were you doing when that happened? Can you try the suggestions under Connection Issues and/or Device Performance Issues in What can I do to try to resolve my issues? (http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?88356-Farm-Story-2-Main-Guide&p=1280824&viewfull=1#post1280824) and see if it helps?

tvxal3
06-25-16, 09:57 AM
Is any one having problems opening the game? I try to open it and the app close right I opens the game. It has been this way since yesterday morning.

Rynetory2
06-25-16, 10:07 AM
Please try the suggestions in this thread. http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?92020-Cant-get-into-game-crashing-and-freezing-since-3rd-Birthday-Event-started&p=1307634#post1307634

Moving to bugs and issues forum.

justmine2
06-28-16, 06:06 AM
For 3 days now, while I'm playing the game crashes to my home page. When I double click on home button, it shows the game as open. If I click on the "open" game, everything is frozen. Today it's crashing about every 3-4 minutes. I play on an iPad mini and everything is up to date. Please fix this

Rynetory2
06-28-16, 06:48 AM
For 3 days now, while I'm playing the game crashes to my home page. When I double click on home button, it shows the game as open. If I click on the "open" game, everything is frozen. Today it's crashing about every 3-4 minutes. I play on an iPad mini and everything is up to date. Please fix this

Sorry to hear that, justmine2. Can you reinstall your game and try the suggestions under Connection Issues and/or Device Performance Issues in What can I do to try to resolve my issues? (http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?88356-Farm-Story-2-Main-Guide&p=1280824&viewfull=1#post1280824) and see if it helps?

Merged threads

Carbuck
06-28-16, 07:52 AM
Mine just closes right away without opening. I have tried about 7 times to get it to open. Is the game down now?

justmine2
06-28-16, 09:31 AM
I have already tried all the suggestions, nothing helps. Time to email support I guess

Carbuck
06-28-16, 09:54 AM
I didn't do anything but try again a few minutes ago and the game is working now.

Rynetory2
06-28-16, 08:39 PM
I have already tried all the suggestions, nothing helps. Time to email support I guess

Sorry to hear that it didn't work for you. Yes please send an email to support@storm8.com so an agent can check your game. Hope you get your games back soon.

I didn't do anything but try again a few minutes ago and the game is working now.

Great to know! Thank you for your updates.

kruimeltje1979
07-31-16, 09:31 AM
Hi guys,

Haven't been able to log into the game for over 24 hours now. When I click the game it crashes on the loading screen. Anyone else experiencing this and if so were you able to fix it and how?

Rynetory2
07-31-16, 06:18 PM
The issue that some members experienced on the forum and their games had been fixed. Were you able to get into your farm 48hrs ago? I'm not sure if your issue is related but could it be due to your device or connection? If so, you can try the suggestions under Connection and Device Performance sections in http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?88875-Please-read-this-before-posting-bug-reports&p=1301035&viewfull=1#post1301035. You may want to reinstall your game if it doesn't work.

Moved to bugs forum.

kruimeltje1979
08-01-16, 01:39 AM
The issue that some members experienced on the forum and their games had been fixed. Were you able to get into your farm 48hrs ago? I'm not sure if your issue is related but could it be due to your device or connection? If so, you can try the suggestions under Connection and Device Performance sections in http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?88875-Please-read-this-before-posting-bug-reports&p=1301035&viewfull=1#post1301035. You may want to reinstall your game if it doesn't work.

Moved to bugs forum.

Hi thanks for responding!

It's been nearly 3 days since I was able to get in the game...all my other storm8 games open just fine. Will try removing and downloading again.

kruimeltje1979
08-01-16, 02:56 AM
That worked! The game is a bit slow and glitchy but it works...the catnip plots aren't visible perhaps they're causing a problem.

Thanks again for the help

Rynetory2
08-01-16, 06:25 AM
It may take a few minutes for the new images to show after reinstallation. Glad to know you are able to get into game! :D Happy farming!

Merged threads.

Carbuck
08-01-16, 02:34 PM
Since earlier today I have had some difficulty hunting for truffles with my Hogs and popping balloons in the Treehouse. Keeps locking up and then bouncing me out. I tried all of the usual troubleshooting before posting here.

Rynetory2
08-02-16, 06:33 AM
Sorry to hear that you're having issues, sweetie. Have you tried to reinstall your game? I'm going to ask you to do that since you have tried everything else. Start only the game after reinstallation and let it settle a bit, say 3 minutes before you start any activities. The graphics will need a little while to refresh.

murphey9
08-14-16, 08:09 AM
Two nights ago my game started crashing. I have an iPad Air. I will be in the middle of playing and all of a sudden the game just stops and goes to the home screen on my iPad. My current activity is lost. This is getting very annoying since it happens every few minutes.

Rynetory2
08-14-16, 08:17 AM
Sorry to hear that. Please reinstall your game. Start only the game after reinstallation without starting other apps and let it settle a bit, say 3 minutes before you do any activities. The graphics will need a little while to refresh after installation.

Merged threads.

murphey9
08-14-16, 01:47 PM
Sorry to hear that. Please reinstall your game. Start only the game after reinstallation without starting other apps and let it settle a bit, say 3 minutes before you do any activities. The graphics will need a little while to refresh after installation.

Merged threads.

Rynetory2
08-15-16, 06:04 AM

Please let us know if you are still having issues with the game. Hope it's working fine for you now. :o

beechbum7
08-19-16, 06:26 AM
This app has been crashing for months. Events come and go that I cannot complete due to the crashing. I have tried all of the tips from the help section over the past few months with no success. What used to be a fun app is now annoying and a waste of time. Seeing other users with the same issue, shows me that S8 needs to fix the issue(s) rather than have users deleting, reinstalling and worrying over space limits on their devices. The older apps aren't having this crashing issue.

Rynetory2
08-19-16, 08:48 AM
This app has been crashing for months. Events come and go that I cannot complete due to the crashing. I have tried all of the tips from the help section over the past few months with no success. What used to be a fun app is now annoying and a waste of time. Seeing other users with the same issue, shows me that S8 needs to fix the issue(s) rather than have users deleting, reinstalling and worrying over space limits on their devices. The older apps aren't having this crashing issue.

I'm very sorry to hear that you have been having this issue for months. :( Since you have tried the general suggestions, I like you to send an email to support@storm8.com so an agent can check your game and give you more specifc advise according to your game and device. I'm not sure what exactly causes your game to crash. The team can fix game issues if the issues are caused by the app but if the issues are those out of their control, e.g. connectivity issues due to ISP or device issues, I'm afraid it's out of their hands. Nevertheless, please email Support and have them check out your game. I hope you will be able to play normally soon.

susanbfarm
08-19-16, 10:38 AM
I am also having crashing issues on ipad pro. It used to be a daily occasional annoyance but today it is happening at least every 5 minutes. I do not know how to reinstall. I will email the support team. I do not want to lose any of my hard work if I reinstall. I feel very nervous about that.

Rynetory2
08-19-16, 11:23 AM
I am also having crashing issues on ipad pro. It used to be a daily occasional annoyance but today it is happening at least every 5 minutes. I do not know how to reinstall. I will email the support team. I do not want to lose any of my hard work if I reinstall. I feel very nervous about that.

Don't worry, you're in good hands of Support. Thanks for your update.

justmine2
08-21-16, 03:35 PM
Once again game is crashing to home page about 3 minutes! It's driving me insane! I have reported this often, is this not something that can be fixed and stay fixed?

Rynetory2
08-22-16, 05:57 AM
Once again game is crashing to home page about 3 minutes! It's driving me insane! I have reported this often, is this not something that can be fixed and stay fixed?

Sorry to hear that you are having issues again. I am not sure what were the causes of your issue when you reported previously, perhaps you can try the solutions given by Support that resolved your issues then? If they didnt work for you this time, please do the same and send an email to support@storm8.com. Farm Story 2 is an animated game and unfortunately some of our devices may not be able to keep up or face some hiccups.

firenze_candy
08-30-16, 06:46 PM
Hi all, I am having a loading issue with the game. It crashed and forced close after the loading screen. I reboot my phone but the issue still exists. Does anyone having the same problem?

I am using Iphone.

Rynetory2
08-30-16, 06:55 PM
Can you try reinstalling your game?

Merged threads.

firenze_candy
08-30-16, 07:09 PM
Oh yea, it seems working now. Thank you rynetory2.

Rynetory2
08-30-16, 07:14 PM
Oh good, great to hear that your game is fine.

lsloman
09-07-16, 07:08 PM
I keep getting booted from farm 2 today. Anyone else have this problem? I have a new ipad2 air running current iOS. It's occurring every few minutes I can't visit nbrs or do normal farm activities. Please help. Thanks.

mothernature15
09-07-16, 08:20 PM
are anyone facing this problem....whenever my truck pulls out my game zooms off.....and then crashes ...I am facing this right from the time truck activity started....sometimes it's annoying...but I like the zoom out look of the farm but not everytime....why can't it leave quietly like train, plane or balloon.....

Rynetory2
09-07-16, 08:55 PM
are anyone facing this problem....whenever my truck pulls out my game zooms off.....and then crashes ...I am facing this right from the time truck activity started....sometimes it's annoying...but I like the zoom out look of the farm but not everytime....why can't it leave quietly like train, plane or balloon.....

Oh dear, sorry to hear that you have been facing this for a long while. This could be due to lack of space on your device or device resource, can you try to reinstall your game and start your game without any other apps? Let it settles for 3 mins after starting farm for the graphics to load before you do any activities. Hopefully this helps.

Rynetory2
09-07-16, 09:29 PM
I keep getting booted from farm 2 today. Anyone else have this problem? I have a new ipad2 air running current iOS. It's occurring every few minutes I can't visit nbrs or do normal farm activities. Please help. Thanks.

Can you check that you have plenty of space on your device and that your connection is good? Are you getting any error message or are you crashing to home screen? Try reinstalling your game and start your game without any other apps. Hopefully this helps you too.

mothernature15
09-07-16, 09:32 PM
Oh dear, sorry to hear that you have been facing this for a long while. This could be due to lack of space on your device or device resource, can you try to reinstall your game and start your game without any other apps? Let it settles for 3 mins after starting farm for the graphics to load before you do any activities. Hopefully this helps.

Thanks for your quick response rynetory, let me try the suggestions.....but can you clarify that the coming and leaving of truck to the farm is similar to train, balloon or plane.....I mean if I am working far off from this sites on the farm I won't notice them leaving the farm....just a shadow in case of plane or balloon....anyway this does not affect my playing that much...😊😊:

Rynetory2
09-07-16, 10:30 PM
Thanks for your quick response rynetory, let me try the suggestions.....but can you clarify that the coming and leaving of truck to the farm is similar to train, balloon or plane.....I mean if I am working far off from this sites on the farm I won't notice them leaving the farm....just a shadow in case of plane or balloon....anyway this does not affect my playing that much...����:

Ops, you're seeing shadows... :( Yes the truck works like the plane, train and balloon. You need to watch out for 2 things - make sure you submit your last order before the truck timer runs out and get a reward of cowbell(s) for your truck.

Here are some steps for you to try:
1. clear cache on your device
2. delete FS2 app (make sure you have your Storm8 ID and password)
3. restart device and install FS2 app
4. start FS2 without other apps
5. leave it for 3 mins

Once you have done the above, the graphics on your farm should appear. Now, i like you to check your farm to see if you have lots of animated decorations on display. Try storing some to reduce the strain on your device (not sure what device you're using but reducing animations will help on older devices) so at least you can have a smooth game play experience. Usually reinstallation will reduce the app size and help to get things running better. Please let me know if you are still having issues after trying. All the best.

mothernature15
09-07-16, 11:31 PM
Ops, you're seeing shadows... :( Yes the truck works like the plane, train and balloon. You need to watch out for 2 things - make sure you submit your last order before the truck timer runs out and get a reward of cowbell(s) for your truck.

Here are some steps for you to try:
1. clear cache on your device
2. delete FS2 app (make sure you have your Storm8 ID and password)
3. restart device and install FS2 app
4. start FS2 without other apps
5. leave it for 3 mins

Once you have done the above, the graphics on your farm should appear. Now, i like you to check your farm to see if you have lots of animated decorations on display. Try storing some to reduce the strain on your device (not sure what device you're using but reducing animations will help on older devices) so at least you can have a smooth game play experience. Usually reinstallation will reduce the app size and help to get things running better. Please let me know if you are still having issues after trying. All the best.

no no.....I think I didn't put it right....shadows are of the plane or balloon on the ground when they are flying off.....I have reloaded the game ....as far as animated decorations are concerned I think not many .....but may be I'll store some... as far as playing is concerned there is no problem, deliveries are okay....got my smoke house also,. may be I need to get used to pulling in and off of the trucks from the farm, 😊

Rynetory2
09-08-16, 04:29 AM
no no.....I think I didn't put it right....shadows are of the plane or balloon on the ground when they are flying off.....I have reloaded the game ....as far as animated decorations are concerned I think not many .....but may be I'll store some... as far as playing is concerned there is no problem, deliveries are okay....got my smoke house also,. may be I need to get used to pulling in and off of the trucks from the farm, ��

Ops, sorry thought you were having display issues as well but glad you werent. :) Yes, the zooming in and out of trucks needs a while to get used to. Keep a lookout when your next truck departs, hopefully it doesnt crash. Let us know how it goes for you.

justmine2
09-15-16, 02:09 PM
I have deleted the game and reinstalled twice today and still can't get in. It try's to open and crashes to home page. But when I double click home button it shows the game running in the background. Please fix!!!

SparklyOctopus
09-15-16, 02:16 PM
Sorry to hear that! Please write into support@storm8.com. One of our agents will be able to assist you.

WSEagles
10-13-16, 06:25 AM
griffithpack - Usually reinstallation and restarting your device will clear the issues. There are some suggestions in What can I do to try to resolve my issues? (http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?88875-Please-read-this-before-posting-bug-reports&p=1301035&viewfull=1#post1301035) that you may want to take note of.

Please post in Bugs and Issues (http://forums.storm8.com/forumdisplay.php?215-Farm-Story-2-Bugs-amp-Issues) forum if you are still having issues and we'll help you further there.

I'm having the same problem. The game keeps crashing. Also, some items I can't see. I have reinstalled twice already.

Rynetory2
10-13-16, 06:33 AM
I'm having the same problem. The game keeps crashing. Also, some items I can't see. I have reinstalled twice already.

Can you clear cache, restart your device and start only FS2 without other apps? Let the game load and settle down for 3 minutes before you do any activity. Hopefully this helps.

Moved to bugs forum.

Labcrazy
10-13-16, 08:38 PM
I haven't been able to get to my farm story 2 game in weeks now. I can get to other storm 8 games. Castle story does not freeze at all but the metropolis game freezes after I am into it for a few minutes. Getting very frustrating.

SpiritWind00
10-13-16, 08:44 PM
sorry to hear this. Have you tried all of the troubleshooting ideas posted?

moving to Farm Story bugs forum where Rynetory2 can help you further...

Many thanks for your help, SpiritWind. :) Rynetory2

Rynetory2
10-14-16, 04:45 AM
I haven't been able to get to my farm story 2 game in weeks now. I can get to other storm 8 games. Castle story does not freeze at all but the metropolis game freezes after I am into it for a few minutes. Getting very frustrating.

Sorry to hear that you're having issues with your games. :( Can you reinstall your Farm Story 2 app, restart your device and game? Start your FS2 without starting other apps and let it settle for 3 mins before you do any activity. The 3 games which you mentioned are highly animated games so avoid running other apps in the background so that your device has enough resources to run it. Run them individually. Please also check that you have plenty of space on your device. Have a look at the suggestions in What can I do to try to resolve my issues? (http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?88875-Please-read-this-before-posting-bug-reports&p=1301035&viewfull=1#post1301035). Hope they help. Please let us know if you're still having issues.

ladybugrentals
10-15-16, 02:19 PM
I have Uninstalled, restarted and reinstalled FS2 five times
I have ensured there are NO apps running in background (I have app to **** open apps)
I have ensured it is NOT Data issue all other devices run fine
I continue to have the game crash. I continue to have issues with "tasks" not being completed once I close and return the task is not started.
This is very frustrating.
There have been no updates since April 2016 I am running latest version

Rynetory2
10-16-16, 02:39 AM
Sad to hear that you're having issues with your game. Please send an email to support@storm8.com for investigation. Thanks.

sweetgarden7
10-19-16, 04:20 PM

Just saw this post
I had that trouble as well I found that my ipad didnt have enough memory so it would crash in the game all the time maybe clear your history im not sure what ypu could do make more room by deleting items in storage on your ipad
what I did was I bought the latest ipad with 128gig storage
I have no problem now

Rynetory2
10-20-16, 04:45 AM
Just saw this post
I had that trouble as well I found that my ipad didnt have enough memory so it would crash in the game all the time maybe clear your history im not sure what ypu could do make more room by deleting items in storage on your ipad
what I did was I bought the latest ipad with 128gig storage
I have no problem now

The member has been assisted by Support. For future reference, you can try the suggestions in What can I do to try to resolve my issues? (http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?88356-Farm-Story-2-Main-Guide&p=1280824&viewfull=1#post1280824)

Resa2016
11-29-16, 07:07 PM
As soon as I entered the mine and chose my pic ax (if thats what its called) my game crashed and i lost my tool please get my tool back please i beg you bc its soooooooo hard to get those:(

using android and the newest version of the game

Rynetory2
11-29-16, 07:12 PM
Can you reinstall your game and see if it works better? Please check that you have plenty of space on your device.

Sorry about your tool. Please contact Support via support form (http://support.storm8.com/hc/en-us/requests/new) and see if the agent is able to help you with it.

Resa2016
12-03-16, 03:16 PM
I did contact support with no help

Rynetory2
12-03-16, 09:32 PM
I did contact support with no help

Send me a private message if you like and I'll see if I'm able to help you further. :)