PDA

View Full Version : Second Element for All Special Element Animals

Sandybellee
05-06-16, 11:58 AM
Now all special element animals have a second type so you don't need a special habitat for them.

Quite a big change! I wonder how this affects their strengths in battle.

ninasidstorm8
05-06-16, 12:18 PM
Now all special element animals have a second type so you don't need a special habitat for them.

Quite a big change! I wonder how this affects their strengths in battle.

I think this was a terrible change. It may help in some battle situations but hurt in others. For instance. The Saintly Bernard was a good choice to use against a Dark/Fire animal since Service is Strong to both Dark and Fire. They have now added Nature to the Saintly Bernard which is Weak to Fire so it will weaken the overall animal against Dark/Fire.

Buttercup0001
05-06-16, 12:26 PM
They added fire to the Caturn, space/fire. I thought I was seeing things. I tried the Caturn against Castlewary, dark/water and lost. Not sure if the Caturn will be a good choice against dark hybrid animals.

Sandybellee
05-06-16, 12:40 PM
I think this was a terrible change. It may help in some battle situations but hurt in others. For instance. The Saintly Bernard was a good choice to use against a Dark/Fire animal since Service is Strong to both Dark and Fire. They have now added Nature to the Saintly Bernard which is Weak to Fire so it will weaken the overall animal against Dark/Fire.

I'm not sure how I feel about it. I'm sorry for everyone who had single element trio animals that have now lost their edge in battle. But I'm also very happy that I can now sell Matripony's habitat when I run out of space and place her with other animals. I may also sell the ice cream habitat (which is a big eyesore IMO). The change allows for a lot more flexibility in housing animals and that at least is a positive thing.

HappyHeartBakery
05-06-16, 01:06 PM
Say what???

How can they do that, just change the elements of an animal you already have in your forest?
What if you Paid for that animal, only because of the uniqueness of the single element??

While I appreciate Sandybellee's thought of being able to make adjustments to your habitats to squeeze some extra room, I think its intrinsically wrong. Again, I know I spent some actual $ based on the fact that these animals were a special single element. Not sure I would have purchased otherwise.

I see the Matripony has nature, St bernard - nature, Ra - fire, Strawberry - fire, Caturn - fire, Hamrock - earth (think that was a single element?). Looks like only the treasure (I only have the prize pony) & treent stayed single element).

chickenladyx14
05-06-16, 02:15 PM
All of my Shamrock animals have changed. But the habitats have stayed Shamrock only.
Like other players, I purchased animals and habitats for their uniqueness in element. A big sigh .......
(still looking for my Mamaroo that went missing yesterday)

Clark_Wayne
05-06-16, 03:06 PM
i just saw that too : egypt, autumn, ice cream,.. all got a 2nd element !

Sakrysta
05-06-16, 03:29 PM
I'm excited and seriously considering selling off several special habitats to make room for ones that can house some of my animals in storage.

Silverrain1
05-07-16, 01:23 AM
I had been thinking that to, the trio habitats have been designed to hold 3 so if we sell them we can get habitats that will hold 4 which will give more space to those struggling, the same goes for some of the world events when 4 animals were offered, if you didn't get the 4 you can now change the habitat. Although, wanting a habitat with 4 spaces does mean spending gems

rado_nik
05-07-16, 03:10 AM
Me too don't like this change, now Matripony have green part itself. I was so unpleasantly surprised. Why they make such changes without asking us whether we want them.

natxjkkggg
05-07-16, 09:10 AM
Now for us, which bought the Single element animal with the habitat it would be more than fair they moved the Habitats also in more than one element holding ones I Hope!!!

Clark_Wayne
05-07-16, 09:41 AM
i don't like the change : my neopolitiger who was strong vs barn owl is now neutral !
i have to change all my fighting plans ! :eek:
besides it is not easy to find them in the list : autumn, ice cream, egypt, valentine,.. who was on top list are mixed in the middle (sigh)
i hope they will do some filters (even if i don't think they will ever do it , sigh)

LauraGSJK
05-07-16, 04:05 PM
I am so ticked off about this change! I don't think it's fair to change our single element animals that we worked very hard to get or bought. Why make the change? Why not give us the option to choose if we want an added element? It's making the current tournament (Honey Badger) so much harder, in my opinion. I've been a good "customer" for S8. I buy gems regularly. I'm so tempted to quit over this.

I would like to know why they made this change? And why S8 thinks it's OK to change elements on animals we already own without asking us.

Drachenia
05-07-16, 07:48 PM
Oh yes I noticed it and a big thank you to TL :D

calvinxx
05-07-16, 10:48 PM
So here is my two cents on the whole element change.

First of all I think S8 did it for 2 reasons.
1. To sell the animals in value packs and not have to deal with including a special element habitat. This way they can still make money off of special element animals which I think are more valued than regular creatures.
2. I think they did it to help free up some space for players who have ran out of expansion room. This makes me upset though because I don't want to sell the special trio habitats to make room for a 4-capacity habitat simply because I feel the trio animals were designed along with the habitat. I also enjoy seeing different habitats throughout the forest and I feel proud to display the ones I was around to obtain and fill with all 3 trio animals. I also see no reason to move my world event habitat animals out of there special habitats because I was always able to obtain all 4. If I only got 3 than I would have considered moving them to another habitat but I would still be sad to see a special habitat leave my forest.

Secondly I actually don't mind what it did to the battlefield. Sure the single element animals have more weaknesses now with a second element but they also gained strengths in some areas. Such as Caturn which is now Space/Fire and triply strong against a Dark/Nature animal. It also gives a reason to make other special element animals epic. Such as Peony Pony which is now not a good choice against a Fire/Nature animal but Snapdragon would be doubly strong as a Spring/Fire type.

Anyway it looks like we are stuck with the changes and will just have to adjust and move on. Who knows what they will throw at us next lol

natxjkkggg
05-10-16, 06:30 AM
I would like to repeat my wishes to S8. Please Open the single element habitats for 4 animals and gives them the elements additional which You gave the single element animals in this Habitat!! If it was easy to change the single element animals and gave them a additional element it Could not be so difficult to Do the same for the habitats too!!! So wie don't need to sell the Habitats that wie already bought and Need not to pay twice for them.

kittenthief
05-11-16, 08:12 AM
Aaaaah, hate this change! I bought a matripony with gems... now it's not the same value. ;____;

sparklegirly
05-11-16, 10:03 AM
Yes, I say thank you too! Now I can have animals I like but do not need to have the special habitats for them.

chickenladyx14
05-11-16, 10:04 AM
Yes - please open the single element habitats.

saucysammis
06-17-16, 12:35 PM
I would like to repeat my wishes to S8. Please Open the single element habitats for 4 animals and gives them the elements additional which You gave the single element animals in this Habitat!! If it was easy to change the single element animals and gave them a additional element it Could not be so difficult to Do the same for the habitats too!!! So wie don't need to sell the Habitats that wie already bought and Need not to pay twice for them.

Now the Saitly Bernard is in a value pack and I came here to see if he has more than one element.

I agree on this request to add elements and ability to place a 4th creature to the trio habitats.

The Neapolitan habitat was given an extra element so perhaps similar changes are on the way for the others.... Of course the other trio habitats are coin habitats that hold 3 creatures. While there may not be so much profit incentive toincrease their capacity to 4 and add an element I do hope this will be done. I like the designs of most but have sold the coin single element habitats because I can only place the 0, 1 or 2 trio animals that I ever get. I have yet to win a third. This is a space improving move and I'm for it in addition to adding expansions.