PDA

View Full Version : A little 'harvesting' tip.

Underegistered
08-15-10, 08:15 AM
When I first started getting to grips with the game I found that while my small city was quickly cleaned by the community visiting and cleaning others myself didn't allow the server to update and allow my to see the sparkle and sheen they had left that would allow me then to 'harvest' and free myself up for more visitors.

If anyone is interested I have since discovered that the game requires you to either post to a wall or edit an item within your city before a refresh is forced. Using this method players who prefer to play more intensively than I can have their cities dusty and ready for every visitor and keep that XP and petty cash flowing.

I hope this helps somebody. :)

Underegistered
08-15-10, 08:31 AM
As it stands there is a delay between a person cleaning buildings in your city and you seeing these buildings to be able to click and receive 1XP and 20 coins for each.

While you are waiting for their visit to register it is quite possible that other visitors will not be able to clean as your city will look clean to them.

Leaving a message on a wall updates the game right away so I write or paste a quick thank you to each visitor in the news feed as they appear and then quickly return to click on my clean buildings.

You can also rotate an item in your city, through the edit menu, but this takes longer and I like to thank people myself.

Doing this means that every visitor has something to clean if they want and if I wanted to play intensively I could spend hours just 'harvesting' my clean buildings.

When your city gets bigger this won't be such a problem, if it is even a problem for you now, but nobody likes to see "NTC" messages because they were waiting for the game to catch up, right? :)

Underegistered
08-16-10, 05:58 AM
Was this tip helpful to anyone or does this just affect my 2nd. Gen iPod Touch?

Unregistered
08-16-10, 07:19 AM
Thanks for the harvesting tips - it's very good of you to post them :-)

I have a 1st gen iPod Touch, and I've found that leaving a comment on a visitor's wall does indeed refresh my city so that I can see the cleaned buildings when I return. However, rotating an item in my city doesn't seem to force a refresh.

I also use the 'add neighbour' trick to refresh sometimes, using random characters (and hoping it's not a real Storm ID!) so that the message 'the id is not found' appears. The cleaned buildings appear when I navigate back to my city screen.

Can I put a 'refresh' button on my wish list for team lava? :-)