PDA

View Full Version : Dragon Story Updates

RedFluff
05-03-16, 02:46 PM
I keep getting messages on my game that basically say Update to newest version for more quests/goals. I would LOVE to update but there is no update for me!!! I am playing on Kindle Fire. I have version 1.0.7.4 which was released like 2013!! How am I supposed to play the game like it is meant to be played and I can't get a current update! I do not have the finances to purchase an I-Pad or I-Phone and getting an Android anything is also not possible. If I could not afford to get either of those items for a job, do you really think I can do so just for a game?

So if you are not going to update the game on Amazon then why do you offer it? We should be able to have support, updates and things just like they are offered for Apple and Android. This is just a logical question.

Please respond and let me know of any solution.

Thank You.

[S8] Elsa
05-04-16, 10:45 AM
We'll look into this for you. :)

amerirish
05-04-16, 10:51 AM
Elsa: I have a second account on Kindle Fire that I haven't been able to open since last summer! Could you please, please look into that too? I've literally tried everything (even a factory reset on my device!). Thanks!!!!

[S8] Elsa
05-04-16, 11:02 AM
Elsa: I have a second account on Kindle Fire that I haven't been able to open since last summer! Could you please, please look into that too? I've literally tried everything (even a factory reset on my device!). Thanks!!!!

There are some issues with Dragon performing on Kindle, especially if it's an older device because of the low resources. If you open it and it gives you the option to "wait" or tap "ok", try pressing "wait". That gets me into the game after the splash screen.

amerirish
05-04-16, 11:10 AM
Thanks for the tip Elsa but I can't even get that far. There was one Friday night when I was playing just fine (had my device for about 2 years at that point) and then went to bed. When I woke up on Saturday, the game just wouldn't open. I click the icon, the splash screen comes on with the little spinning wheel at the bottom. It spins for about 10 seconds, then freezes, and finally the app closes completely.

[S8] Elsa
05-04-16, 11:26 AM
Thanks for the tip Elsa but I can't even get that far. There was one Friday night when I was playing just fine (had my device for about 2 years at that point) and then went to bed. When I woke up on Saturday, the game just wouldn't open. I click the icon, the splash screen comes on with the little spinning wheel at the bottom. It spins for about 10 seconds, then freezes, and finally the app closes completely.

Does it go to home or does it give you the option to preview a crash report? If you get a report, can you look for an error message? I expect it'll say something like "memory error".

amerirish
05-04-16, 11:46 AM
No, I don't have any options or any reports. After the wheel stops spinning, it completely closes and I get whatever screen I was on before I tried opening the app :(

[S8] Elsa
05-04-16, 11:51 AM
No, I don't have any options or any reports. After the wheel stops spinning, it completely closes and I get whatever screen I was on before I tried opening the app :(

:( :( :( Probably memory error. Support can help you transfer to another device if you want, but I think the device isn't able to handle the graphics.

amerirish
05-04-16, 12:00 PM
Elsa;1289424']:( :( :( Probably memory error. Support can help you transfer to another device if you want, but I think the device isn't able to handle the graphics.

I really appreciate all of your help and advice Elsa, but I really don't think it has anything to do with the device or memory. I was playing on the same device for over a year & a half when it just suddenly stopped working one day. It made me super sad too because that particular game was started when DS was first released :(

[S8] Elsa
05-04-16, 01:45 PM
RedFluff, you should no longer see this update message. ^^

I really appreciate all of your help and advice Elsa, but I really don't think it has anything to do with the device or memory. I was playing on the same device for over a year & a half when it just suddenly stopped working one day. It made me super sad too because that particular game was started when DS was first released :(

Most of the kindle issues we see is just due to the device aging out of resources for the high number of dragons people have on their boards.

Lurker2
05-04-16, 02:29 PM
I know an active Dragon Tales event will cause the Amazon app store version to crash until the event ends on the server. I think some of the dragons have something incompatible with the Amazon app store version.