PDA

View Full Version : Bakery Update: 4th May 2016

LalaSmooth
05-03-16, 12:59 PM
http://i1370.photobucket.com/albums/ag269/edithdavies1/20160503_205743_zpses0vo4aq.png (http://s1370.photobucket.com/user/edithdavies1/media/20160503_205743_zpses0vo4aq.png.html)

DragonWished
05-03-16, 01:04 PM
Wow, how noir.

But perfect for next Halloween.

<shaking my head>

winterpumpkin
05-03-16, 01:04 PM
Is this a Halloween update?

Bakerling
05-03-16, 01:07 PM
4 May 2016 EBONY ITEMS: Void Vanity Decor,Onyx Direwolf Decor,Obsidian Fountain Decor,Deep Dark floor tile.No New Oven

Bakerling
05-03-16, 01:09 PM
So many weeks we don't get any new appliances. So boring. still didn't see one.

geordieprogman
05-03-16, 01:12 PM
4 May 2016 EBONY ITEMS: Void Vanity Decor,Onyx Direwolf Decor,Obsidian Fountain Decor,Deep Dark floor tile.No New Oven

Is that an old oven? A lot do look similar so maybe it is. It's unusual to have older ovens in the teaser though. Apart from the basic 2, oven and drink mixer.

EDIT: Oh yeah, it looks like the amethyst oven. I was hoping for a new oven too.

ruskpaels
05-03-16, 01:13 PM
I love this!

But I'm a bit confused. I thought this would be crate week and next week a new goal.

twospoons
05-03-16, 01:21 PM
i'm usually happy with non-pastels, but not really this. the black tile will come in handy, definitely, and the wall paper is kind of neat, especially if paired with a bunch of the gem decor stuff maybe. the owl might be good for halloween, though i think i prefer the living crow. the wolf would be good for halloween, but it has a pretty spring border on it that seems out of place to me. the fountain's not bad.

Is that an old oven? A lot do look similar so maybe it is. It's unusual to have older ovens in the teaser though. Apart from the basic 2, oven and drink mixer.

the amethyst oven, i believe. though i don't remember what those cakes look like in progress.

my607
05-03-16, 01:23 PM
Saving this week it's so dark and black .

geordieprogman
05-03-16, 01:29 PM
Thanks very much twospoons. I've just been going through my ovens to see if I recognised it. :)

mikepastry
05-03-16, 01:48 PM
Halloween in May? I was so hoping for Mother's Day related decor, or something more in tune with summer mood... I hope, they will at least offer a Mother's Surprise Crate or Mother's Gazebo...

NatalieO85
05-03-16, 02:02 PM
Hahaha...nice Rolling Stones AND Game of Thrones reference, Storm8!!! Paint it black & Direwolf!!! Way to think outside the box.

pixiegamer
05-03-16, 02:05 PM
I really like this update :) Obviously, it's very removed from springtime and sunshine and other things May is traditionally associated with, but I feel like it's a refreshing change. And to those mentioning a Halloween-like update in spring: remember, we got the Edgar Allen Poe-themed update around the same time last year. Maybe there's some gothic holiday in spring?

In any case, I much prefer it to a crate. Hoping to see a Mother's Day-themed box sale or LTO, though - or perhaps a return of the Puebla items for Cinco de Mayo (though hopefully not a repeat of #pueblagate!)

twospoons
05-03-16, 02:11 PM
Hahaha...nice Rolling Stones AND Game of Thrones reference, Storm8!!! Paint it black & Direwolf!!! Way to think outside the box.

you say nice reference, i say they got that song stuck in my head. :mad: although there's worse songs to be stuck!

deekathleen
05-03-16, 02:24 PM
I'm not sure how I feel about this update....it doesn't help with my conflict that I can't stand the rolling stones :cool:

monstertop
05-03-16, 02:28 PM
I like the wolf except the green around it.

"Do you see a red door and want to paint it black?"
Too bad we're not getting a black door with this new release :P Or at least I don't think so...

NatalieO85
05-03-16, 02:34 PM
you say nice reference, i say they got that song stuck in my head. :mad: although there's worse songs to be stuck!

Haha Yeah that song has been stuck in my head since I saw this!!!

NatalieO85
05-03-16, 02:36 PM
I'm not sure how I feel about this update....it doesn't help with my conflict that I can't stand the rolling stones :cool:

Aww, come on Deek! Mick Jagger sings with everything he has. I never liked the Rolling Stones until I gave the stuff that was not played on the radio over and over a chance. ;)

Sb1957
05-03-16, 02:36 PM
See you next week. This is not for me at all. TOOOOOOOOO BLACK.

aiyoosha
05-03-16, 02:38 PM
is someone going through a emo stage at s8 studios or maybe they hired a goth from the 90s

atrekker1
05-03-16, 02:48 PM
Now ive seen everything. I wouldn't want this stuff in my Halloween shop. S8 what is up with you? Do you consider colorful, current decor to be blaH? I'm really getting tired of waiting each week for something fun. Some theme I can use for my whole shop. Something bright and happy. This is the season to be really creative with pretty trees, flowers, and happy food. I wish I could meet you. Maybe then I could understand how you can create so many dreadful items. So sad.....

NatalieO85
05-03-16, 02:56 PM
"Paint it Black" by the Rolling Stones is about losing someone you love during the Spring/Summer when everything is bright and cheerful. The lyrics imply that there is such a stark contrast between all the happiness and loud colors and what you are feeling; that you wish the whole world to be painted black to mourn for the one who was lost.

Game of Thrones came back with a new season two weeks ago, and dire wolves are a very important aspect of the show.

So while using any of these items would clash with my current theme, this update theme is on point and original. It's not my favorite, but I respect it.

steelersbabyyy
05-03-16, 03:10 PM
is halloween in may? lol
i mean i'll definitely use this stuff in october but not in may. i was hoping for some cinco de mayo stuff

mergirl96
05-03-16, 03:39 PM
Hmmm. I like the concept and some of the items. It does come off as a bit more mature than past updates, which I'm all for. But I'd rather see this in October or some other time. Interesting week.

LadyEna
05-03-16, 03:42 PM
With Mother's Day Sunday & Cinco De Mayo 2 days away, it would have
been nice to see either actually!!

But I got to say sooooo LOVING this update.
Part Halloween and counters look to me could be tied in with Art Deco!
Only thing iffy to me is wallpaper. (More bubbles?)

pipipooh1977
05-03-16, 04:10 PM
Good God...how freaking ugly! And no new recipes, so I'm staying closed.

deekathleen
05-03-16, 04:28 PM
"Paint it Black" by the Rolling Stones is about losing someone you love during the Spring/Summer when everything is bright and cheerful. The lyrics imply that there is such a stark contrast between all the happiness and loud colors and what you are feeling; that you wish the whole world to be painted black to mourn for the one who was lost.

Well that is just depressing. I don't wish to redecorate my bakery in grief and mourning.

Sebsmommy15
05-03-16, 04:55 PM
Black is one of my favorite colors. Def. digging the tiles and that owl (I'm nocturnal!) the wolf would be good for Halloween. wallpaper and counters are okay, sucks no new oven! Back to mastering old ovens.

NatalieO85
05-03-16, 05:38 PM
Well that is just depressing. I don't wish to redecorate my bakery in grief and mourning.

Yup. It's definitely not a song that's meant to express joy. The point to my previous post being that the meaning of the song could possibly coincide with the timing they released this update. If not, then who knows. I don't think this theme is right for my bakery either. I have seen some darker themed bakeries that may benefit from this theme, though. Maybe some of the black items could be used as contrast to make brighter colors pop.

deekathleen
05-03-16, 07:09 PM
It would have gone nice with the fine dining theme in restaurant story.

NatalieO85
05-03-16, 07:18 PM
It would have gone nice with the fine dining theme in restaurant story.

Oh yeah!!! I didn't even think about that. That would have been perfect. Then people could make it into sort of an upscale look. That fountain is actually cool.

mytsa
05-03-16, 07:18 PM
Love this update, although black is not my favourite colour, but it is a good background colour for all those pastel and bright colour items. I've always wanted some subtle wallpapers and tiles, well...actually the wallpaper is a bit too colourful, but it's better than with vibrant patterns.

The wolf statue is ok with leaves around it, but not quite in harmony with flowers, maybe it will look good when it's place on grass.

The table is good, I like square table, but it will be even better it is paired with chair instead of stool.

S8 you mentioned black door, will a door be included in this update?

Hope they're not for gems! xx <----fingers crossed

pieandcream
05-04-16, 03:33 AM
love it!
now we just need a nice past Halloween item sale to go along with it to make it perfect! (*hint hint*)

zzzzcafe
05-04-16, 04:02 AM
Don't like it at all, goathic looking not my style. Wallpaper looks more disco nightclubish. If this is all for gems forget it.

sleepygs
05-04-16, 05:23 AM
Love the references! Definitely going to be getting a ton of this stuff. But then, maybe I'm the target market as I'm almost burned out by frilly flower stuff and Mother's Day has no significance to me. Can't wait to see the stuff "live."

kaelynrosecake
05-04-16, 10:43 AM
while my bakery is mostly pastel or garden themed, i actually really love this update! i love the song and the game of thrones reference, too although i am not a fan of either.

pieandcream
05-04-16, 11:35 AM
bit pricy, pity..woulda redecorated otherwise. not paying 9k per tile and 16k per table though

edit: and no halloween stuff for sale? pity...im still looking to buy plenty of the older halloween stuff.

ruskpaels
05-04-16, 11:39 AM
This is great. I was getting a bit tired of cute, pink and flowery decor. Too bad the decorations are for gems, but I will buy the Obsidian Fountain at least. And the tables look amazing.

pieandcream
05-04-16, 11:45 AM
This is great. I was getting a bit tired of cute, pink and flowery decor. Too bad the decorations are for gems, but I will buy the Obsidian Fountain at least. And the tables look amazing.

agreed! would love to see more non cutesy stuff!! the fountain is gorgeous. i might take out some halloween stuff and see if it fits. again, too bad you didnt offer halloween items for sale with it XXD

jbigby
05-04-16, 11:51 AM
Does anyone know where the offered lto originally came from...I have never seen it before

pieandcream
05-04-16, 12:05 PM
Does anyone know where the offered lto originally came from...I have never seen it before

july 8th 2015 wild west release... along with that pioneer oven.

pieandcream
05-04-16, 12:11 PM

july 8th wild west release.
http://blog.storm8.com/post/123488827569/new-content-for-july-6-10-2015

larissa2k
05-04-16, 12:12 PM
Is that the same dire wolf from fantasy story 30665

deekathleen
05-04-16, 01:33 PM
Wasn't trail treats always available? How is it a lto?

DragonWished
05-04-16, 02:20 PM
Now that I've had a chance to play with the new game pieces, I really like much of the update. The wallpaper is great in small areas and I love the owl. The tables and chairs (oh, the joy, matching set for coins!) are elegant, as is the glass fronted cabinet.

The floor tiles are too dark for my liking but they have a nice design. I checkerboarded them with the night sparkle tile which gave some relief to both designs.

Passed on the wolf and the vanity. Splurged and got the fountain, so pretty!

DragonWished
05-04-16, 02:22 PM

Isn't it just on sale for a limited time? I can't remember the full price.

monstertop
05-04-16, 03:40 PM

Isn't it just on sale for a limited time? I can't remember the full price.

It's just on sale as an LTO for 44 gems instead of 55 gems. We've always had it.

pieandcream
05-04-16, 11:40 PM
either its lto for 44gems or they'll remove it from the market XD but yeah, hehe i get what i meant XD storm8 sometimes be tripping.

LalaSmooth
05-05-16, 02:40 AM
This game sucks ! I might quit

Natasha_07
05-05-16, 08:03 AM
Next week: Dungeons & Dragons !!! :rolleyes:

luincristiel
05-05-16, 10:44 PM

Me too! And so summer came early for my bakery :)
The update doesn't look bad but I don't quite know how those items would fit in with others... and too bad the fountain is for gems. I really like it.

etninada
05-06-16, 11:19 AM
This is my favorite update so far! Im on level 99 and spent all my saved coins on this update.

Charmedbabie
05-07-16, 09:57 AM
How do I refresh my bakery. The customers will not walk past my door

geordieprogman
05-07-16, 11:25 AM
How do I refresh my bakery. The customers will not walk past my door

If they're just standing at your door it means that the route to the register is blocked. Just try to find out where.

chij200e
05-07-16, 07:54 PM
Can we hv something soon? The next new oven can we use the old tools to build it ?

monstertop
05-10-16, 07:42 AM
Is it going to be goals this week since we had this update last week?

psychic_baker
05-10-16, 12:29 PM
When will we see the weekly update? It's discouraging to play with no new goals or recipes.

LalaSmooth
05-10-16, 12:29 PM
Nope crate week tomorrow

psychic_baker
05-10-16, 12:30 PM
There's a crate????

monstertop
05-10-16, 01:02 PM
The new update isn't out yet, right?

psychic_baker
05-10-16, 01:33 PM
I haven't seen anything, but LalaSmooth said there's a crate. See above

monstertop
05-10-16, 01:47 PM
I did see that, but there wasn't a new thread for this week yet, so I wanted to confirm just in case I missed the teaser. Thanks.